All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:51 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Orpheus IV - 10 days to beginning of school year (March 20)

As usual, the planet was almost deserted at the moment. Only a handful of people - security personnel, maintenance teams and the rare academics who had stayed behind working on some sort of research - usually spent the breaks in the planet. One of the reasons for it was that summers in Orpheus IV were uncomfortable to say the least, the planet taking up a severely arid climate.

During the rest of the year, climate on the planet was moderate and pleasant, temperatures keeping mainly constant and dropping just enough for a pleasant cool in winter. Summers were the exception to the rules. Most researchers believed that the experiments and mining drills were responsible for the discrepancy.

But right now, the temperature was mild as pleasant, as it was early fall. Classes started at the 10th day of the season, thus giving students time to prepare themselves in a mild climate. And ended one day before summer started, enough time for the students to leave before temperatures became unbearable.

It was mid morning, and the platforms were ready to receive the shuttles. Each platform received shuttles from a specific planet, and they came in every hour, to make sure the platform was clear. Students had lodgings separated according to course, and many common areas to mingle.

As the shuttles left their passengers at the platforms and left, they all had time to go anywhere they wanted. Their luggage was sent in advance, and they didn't have to worry about unpacking on arrival, so their time was their own.

At 10, there were three shuttles letting their passengers out. One was from Earth, another one from Yurtriaz and the last one, from Orion XXI. There were others scheduled for later on, as some larger shuttles needed more space than the average platform provided.

After the passengers were left out, the large vehicles started maneuvering to leave the area. As they did so, a pair from Earth took time to stretch their muscles. A young man and a young woman, it was clear they were related. The girl didn't look in her best shape at the moment.

"Ugh, you know... the one thing I hate about space travel are the ****ing shuttles", the girl complained.

The young man left and poked her ribs. "Don't barf on me, ****ing", he teased. The reply he got was a punch on his arm. The girl murmured a curse under her breath. "****. I always forget", she complained.

The man laughed heartily and messed the girl's hair. "Come on, you grumpy ****ing. I'll buy you something in the cafeteria as a peace offering".

Last edited by Shades on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:25 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Alastar would have rather arrived on the later shuttle. He'd only gotten off his last shift less then one hour before the shuttle was to leave Yutriaz. At the moment however, he'd give anything to gag Cian so he couldn't talk. Alastar love his twin, but at the moment he wanted nothing more then five minutes silence as Cian's bubbling words tumbled around him in it's unceasing flood. Alastar rubbed his temples in silent agony. Cian was so excited to be retuning to the school that he simply didn't stop talking.

The twins were a sharp contrast one to the other. Both handsome, blue skinned with deep eyes. However where Alastar was dressed in a simple black uniform that as utilitarian as they come Cian was dressed in a tight black leather pair of pants. A loose tank top that was cut fashionably short exposing his abs. He worse a long thin almost vale like material of deep burgundy that fell down to his ankles and hung open at the front covering his arms down to the elbows where it was artistically folded. Thick leather bands covered his forearms in intricate weaves and a single gold ring sad on his left hand with a large blood red moon stone in it's centre. His right hand was covered with a fingerless leather glove decorated in fine burgundy embroidery. Cian's hair was braided into tiny braids woven through with strands of glittering material with a few feathers intricately woven into it. While Alastar wore his loose and messy.

Where Alastar was built like a bodybuilder from all the physical labour he did Cian was thin and only lightly muscled to have an exceptional physique from the bioengineering that made them both into large male specimens. However Cian didn't act like a typical male. He was as enthusiastic and energetic as he was flamboyant and outgoing. Alastar on the other hand was quiet and reserved, almost distant in his cool and contemplative manner.

As the shuttle docked and they finally disembarked Alastar sighed in relief as Cian finally feel silent. The silence was such a welcomed reprieve that Alastar didn't make a single comment he merely stood and headed out of the shuttle. He spotted a guy he knew and instantly headed towards him. "Hey Earthlings!" Alastar called out as he raced to catch up to the girl and boy. Cian who was still getting off the shuttle sputtered in indignation as Alastar took off. Alastar's words may sound harsh and cruel in his call, but it was how he greeted those he liked. More of a teasing reminder then anything meant to be cruel. "Wait up!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Wraineth growled under his breath as he looked for the person who was supposed to lead him to meet his assigned roommate. He was already grumpy on account of having to have taken two different shuttles to get here at 9 o' clock, and it was already a quarter until the next hour. Finally, a girl all but jogged up to him, looking up at him and smiling, sparing a look for the red leather coverings on his feet that left his toes uncovered.

"Hi, you're the student from Krin- Kri'naith, right?" She chirped, stumbling over the name, as she stated the obvious- his people didn't usually travel so far, let alone for the purpose of schooling. Without waiting for his answer she continued on, "Sorry that I'm late, but originally it was gonna be someone else leading you to meet up with your room mate, but they got sick and they couldn't find me to tell me until ten minutes ago. C'mon he's waiting at the cafeteria and can lead you around so the two of you can get to know each other!" Not stopping for breath, the hyper girl bounded off in a seemingly random direction.

He stared at her back, flabbergasted for a moment before growling and running through the - thankfully- thin crowd to catch up. Five minutes later she all but skid to a stop in front of a building that was, from the smell, a food hall. A few gasped breaths later on her behalf, and she waved him inside to the building, then made a beeline for a decidedly tiny human in the corner with the Rhsarn a few steps behind.

"Hi Cassian! This is your roommate, the student from Kri'naith! Sorry about the wait there were some delays, I kinda didn't expect you to be here, but here you are!" The girl apparently had very, very good lungs. The grey haired human was evidently very absorbed in reading whatever was on the tablet in front of him for the first time the girl's smile faltered and she backed away slowly, mumbling, "Uhm... Well, I'll leave you two to it."

After the girl had fled, the human put down the tablet, looking up at him with some very oddly colored eyes- well, unless they were genemods... "Cassian Gravewood. I'm a med student and will be your room mate for at least this year. I have also been 'requested' to act to limit any major cultural misunderstandingsand otherwise serve as a guide." The human- Cassian stated, tone flat and difficult to read, but the phrasing...

His ears twitched downward and he narrowed his eyes, "I don't plan on intentionally starting trouble."

"I didn't say you did. If you haven't eaten, food can be purchased here as I imagine you have gathered." The human returned to scanning the tablet, picking absently at a plate of what looked like fruit with a fork held in a gloved hand.

Torn between offence at the casual dismissal and amusement at the similarities between the human's behavior and his litter brother's, Wraineth decided to indulge his rumbling stomach and head towards the smell of the food. He tapped on the metal counter with an unsheathed claw as he tried to make comparisons between the food in front of him and what he was used to back home. "...I have no idea what to get."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:39 pm 

Sort of back.

The Green siblings - the 'Earthlings' - were about half way between the platform and the cafeteria when they heard that familiar calling. By then, both Benjamin and Alice were used to Alastar's calling, and they both stopped in hearing it.

At first, Benjamin had felt offended by being called an Earthling. It took him little time to learn that Alastar wasn't being rude or offensive, though. And Ben's good nature was such that he didn't really get upset easily.

Alice was his opposite in this matter. She was a hot-head, despite being a good person. Despite everything, all the differences, the siblings were really close and enjoyed each other's company.

As Alastar approached the siblings, they both greeted the young man. Benjamin placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly on a friendly gesture. "What's up, blue face?", he teased with a wide grin. Alice poked his ribs and shook her head. "Sorry, I have a kid with me", she joked. "How are things, Murchadh?".

After a break, she took one step and stopped, clearly inviting the two men to move. "We were just going to the cafeteria for a snack and to see who is already around. Where's the other half?", Ben completed while waiting patient for Alastar to accompany them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm 

Alastar caught up easily to the two and smiled happy to finally have some normal two sided conversation rather than the one sided babble. He rolled his eyes. "I'm exhausted from lack of sleep, and just spend an inordinate amount of time listening to Cian," Alastar said by way of explaining exactly how he was. He didn't much go for the whole 'I'm good' gambit. If you asked him a question he answered it in full. Annoying as that proved to be for most people.

Alastar fell into step easily with them as they headed out. "The other half is probably still arguing with the shuttle handler regarding just how much luggage he can take with him as carry on. It is after all what he discussed the WHOLE of the shuttle ride. Did I mention it is at least eight hours of a ride?" Alastar gave Ben a knowing smile. "Did you still get shuttle sick?" he asked Alice knowing it would annoy her and at the same time knowing she would know he was just teasing her. It was his way of being friendly and of asking after her at the same time.

"How are the two of you? How was work?" he asked. He know that Ben like him probably had shifts throughout the break, he wasn't sure if Alice had however. For that matter he didn't really know what Alice did for work. Seeing as he and Ben were in the same program and had been roommates the year before. "Do you know who your roommate is? I haven't had time to check what with Cian wanting to catch the early shuttle and work ending so close to the launch," Alastar said just as Cian ran up making a show of his entrance.

---

Cian had been arguing loudly with the shuttle attendant again over the fact that he wanted access to both his smaller bags, but was only allowed to take one bag aboard as carry on luggage. He gestured to his left and finished the last sentence with "... tell him Alast," turning towards where his twin brother was a moment before and finding him gone. His eyes wide with panic he looked around and noticed that Alastar was walking towards their friends rather quickly. He waved impatiently at the man and said, "Oh posh, never mind. Just make sure it is taken to my room as soon as possible I required it's contents! What ridiculous systems these transports always have!" he said in a huff turned and stormed off after his brother swinging his purse over his shoulder. His good humour returned almost instantly as he ran up.

"ALICE! BEN!" he shrieked in delight, "OH it is such a good pleasure to see you two! Pray tell my brother hasn't been a bore and he actually greeted you before he started asking his questions!" and with that he held out his arms for Alice to hug him, "Come on little sister give me a hug!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:07 pm 

Cassian picked at the fruit on his plate, absently scanning the textbook displayed on his tablet as the new student returned. He looked up sparing a slightly quirked eyebrow at the amount of food before ignoring it to state, "There are kitchen areas where you can cook your own food, although you would have to have it imported if you wanted to have something that only grows on your home planet."

"Right..." Wraineth muttered, eating quickly, but politely. Paused, asking, "So, med student? Why study here?"

"My home planet's courses were severely lacking in both breadth and quality." It wasn't exactly a snarl, but it was close. It also made it apparent that the subject was not one that would be willingly discussed. "Yourself?"

"Interplanetary Exploration. Wasn't even an option back home." The Rhsarn shrugged adding, "Travel isn't common, and usually when we do it's to the nearest place that has what we need and back again. Excluding colonizing new planet."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm 

Sort of back.

Alice and Ben smiled and shook their heads when Alastar described exactly how he was. They were already used to his literal way of answering to the question. Ben laughed when Alastar completed with his brother's whereabouts. That was very much like Cian, after all.

"Poor you", Alice replied, trying not to laugh. She sighed and nodded when Alastar asked if she had gotten shuttle sick. "Yeah. Every time, blue face", she replied, poking Alastar's ribs.

When they got in the same pace, Ben started speaking. "It was okay. Got to work at a new planet they're opening for exploration. It's a bit unstable, though. I'm not really happy with it", Ben remarked, frowning a little. Shifting his thoughts to the current conversation, Ben shrugged. "I'm cool with anyone, actually. I'd prefer to room with you, though. Would be easier". Ben didn't really seemed to mind. "On the other hand, you're usually so dead at the end of the day, your roomate doesn't matter all that much unless they snore".

---

If someone had anything to say, they were interrupted by Cian's grand entrance. A long moment of silence followed his flamboyant greeting, before the Green siblings laughed. Cian was always one to stop a conversation dead in its tracks.

As usual, Ben was slightly awkward around Alastar's brother, but greeted him with a big smile and by gripping and shaking his shoulder softly, as he had done to Alastar.

Alice stopped dead for a second, as though hesitating. She then felt it would be cruel to leave Cian hanging and gave him a big hug. "What's up, Cian?", she asked after a hug, pinching his waist. "You have lost a couple pounds. Come on, let's go to the cafeteria and get those back". With a smirk, she looked at her brother. "Ben's treat".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:48 pm 

Alastar couldn't help the light laugh at Alice's words. He didn't even flinch when she poked him he just laughed harder before turning his attention to Ben.

Alastar was just about to start answering Ben when Cian walked up and interrupted the conversation in its track. He sigh slightly as Cian walked right into the middle of the conversation and turned it over on its head. Switching to a completely different topic. If he hadn't been listening to Cian for the last endless hours he'd have chastised his brother for doing it again. As it was he just didn't give a penny anymore.

"Yes let's get some food, I'm famished" Alastar said and resumed walking in that direction almost not even paying attention to whether or not anyone was following him. Frankly he was just tired and irritable.

---

Cian hugged Alice tightly and gave her a light smile when they parted. "Oh sweety I'm splendid," he said laughing. He was startled by the comment on his weight and looked down at himself readjusting his clothing. He gave her a playful laugh. "Well I'm certainly not under or over weight so lets get some food. I'm ravished. I could eat half the cafeteria and still not be full!" Cian said with a bright smile. If there was one thing he really liked it was food. "Alast wait up! Seriously were not running a marathon here!" Cian said as he turned and noticed his brother walking quickly towards the cafeteria.

"I am not dress to run! I'll RUIN my shirt! It's Ilisian Silk!" Cian complained as he started to walk after Alastar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:16 pm 

Wraineth eyed the human again, between bites of food. Said human was either ignoring his stares by this point, or very immersed in whatever he was reading. Possibly both, admittedly- he couldn't tell. He shoved the tray to the side, resting his head on his arms, shifting so he could star out at the rest off the room to stare at the people entering and exiting the room.
---
Cassian would have sighed in relief at the other's shift of focus from himself to the room at large if he didn't know it would be rude. And then frowned as a message pinged across his screen.

Cass Gravewood, 10:03: Hey little bro. How're things going?

He really did sigh now, shaking his head when heterochromatc eyes lifted to look at him.

C. Gravewood, 10:05: Studying. Go away.
Silence for a moment followed by another messenger chirp.
Cass Gravewood, 10:06: I can't really get much more 'away' than another planet. You could have at least come home for the break, you know?
C. Gravewood, 10:08: A little late to change that now. Regardless, I had my reasons for not doing so.
Cass Gravewood, 10:10: You have 'reasons' for everything. Really, you shouldn't be so serious all the time. Gonna make it hard for you to ever get a date.

His eyebrows knit together as he frowned, attempting to ignore the comment as he turned his attention back to the textbook.

Cass Gravewood, 10:15: C'mon, it was just a joke little bro.
C. Gravewood, 10:16: The matter is closed.

Shutting the message function down before his sister could bombard him with more messages, he looked up towards the door, he blinked at the sight of two familiar faces. Wraineth evidently followed his gaze, as the Rhsarn twisted in his seat to look where Cassian himself was looking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:00 pm 

Sort of back.

Ben shook his head at the interaction between Alice and Alastar. At first, he had gotten a bit jealous and concerned. Now, though, he had relaxed. Alastar seemed to have someone, and Alice wasn't the flirty kind, he hoped. He still had the intention to keep an eye on his sister, but not such a close one.

"You're always starving, blue face", Ben teased, while catching up to Alastar in long strides. He knew Alice and Cian would take a tad longer to reach them, but at least they would keep each other company. When he caught up with Alastar, Ben walked rapidly with him to the cafeteria. "I wonder if they still make those chocolate muffins. I wanna get some for Alice", he commented casually. "I though there would be a million people here", Ben completed, pushing the door and walking in the place, his gaze going here and there for a good table for four.

---

Way behind the two men, Alice shook her head. Ben and Alastar always did that. They rushed ahead and left her and Cian behind. With a sigh, the girl laughed at Cian's complaint.

"Hey, wait up, Ci!", she exclaimed. "Don't be silly. Let them go ahead. They can choose a table for us, order and prepare the place for our grand entrance", Alice joked. "Come on, now. Walk with me, here, don't leave me alone".

Still laughing, the girl locked arms with Cian. "While we walk there, tell me - can you book a day in your busy schedule to go shopping with me? I'm in desperate need of something nice for a work stint I'm chasing after for the end of the term".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 am 

Alastar didn't slow down as Ben caught up to him. He really could use a lesson in patience a time or three, but he didn't have much of it and he had even less today having come off shift and been stuffed into a shuttle with his twin. He was just wrung out on people and interactions for one day. He wanted nothing more than a warm meal, a shower and his bed. Alastar who was normally calm and an immovable mass was riled up and edgy. Which was quite uncommon unless he was tired and facing too many irritants.

"Truth, well it happens when you have a high metabolic system," he said with a wry grin, "Plus food is a great way to just relax and enjoy. As for those chocolate muffins, please keep them away from Cian, he's already unbearable do not give him sugar he'll be unlivable!" Alastar said with a groan. The mere thought of having Cian on a sugar high was enough to make him cringe. He really didn't' want to have to deal with that.

As they entered into the cafeteria he noticed the lack of people and smiled, "I'll grab us a table over there next to those guys. Seems a relatively quiet corner and maybe them people will give something for Cian to do rather than drive me crazy," he said and headed towards the table. He set his bag down on the chair and then looked over to the very small line where the food was, "Shall we get food? Or do you want to wait on Cian and Alice?" Alastar asked Ben eyeing the food line with interest.

---

Cian huffed out a breath as Ben and Alastar went on ahead like they always did. Even if it was a common occurrence he didn't enjoy it. He let out a long-suffering sigh and hooked arms with Alice, glad for her company. "At least we won't have to help in finding the table or wait in line, there is that. You always did have a way of looking at everything. I'd never leave you alone Alice I enjoy your company too much."

As they headed towards the cafeteria together trailing Ben and Alastar far enough back not to hear their conversation Cian joined in with Alice's laughter and a wide smile broke across his features. "Oh honey! Of course I'll go shopping with you! I'd go now if you asked me to. I'd ditch the boys and head out to the mall right now! But tomorrow after breakfast we'll make a day of it! The new mall opened just a block from the university and they are featuring Chesnof's new line! I have been DYING to see his new stuff. I heard that he has a wonderful spring line that consists of pastel colors! Oh they must be sooo gorgeous! After all last year's runway was astonishing. Can you believe that Alast got me backstage passes for this year's show? And bets of all I get to take someone with me! Alst doesn't want to go. Would you like to join me? I've heard..." for the rest of the walk down to the cafeteria entrance Cian described all the big designers who would be at the runway this year and their newest line. The gossip he'd heard and read over the break. He barely paused for breath as he spoke and definitely didn't give Alice a chance to speak. This was typical of Cian when he got going on a topic.

"Oh honey I"m so sorry I got carried away," Cian said as he finally realized that he'd been talking non stop for the whole walk. He put his hand to his lips and looked over at Alice as he stopped int he doorway, "Forgive me?" he said lowering his hand and offering her an apologetic smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:19 pm 

Cassian blinked at the two, presumably, older men that walked over to the table. He could swear he knew them from somewhere, although he currently drew a blank. Maybe from his hours working at the school clinic for field training...?

Wraineth was eyeing the two with a fair bit more wariness. After a few seconds he muttered, hopefully quiet enough they wouldn't hear, "Friends of yours?"

"Not that I am aware of." Was the short human's dry response. "Still, they aren't precisely interrupting. "

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Ben couldn't help but laugh when Alastar asked him to keep the muffins away from Cian. He could only imagine what his friend had been through, spending hours and hours inside a shuttle with Cian's enthusiasm. "All right, blue face", Ben replied with his usual good-natured grin. "I will do my very best to keep him away from the sweets".

After this comment, Benjamin followed Alastar to his chosen table. He gazed at it and then to the counter. It looked close enough, and the two guys on the next table didn't seem like the kind that would be a bother.

"You can go, I'll hold the table and go when you get back. The place's pretty empty, after all", Ben decided, sitting down and performing something like a two-finger military salute to the guys sitting next.

---

Walking with Cian, Alice brightened up when he agreed to go shopping with her. She was too practical and utilitarian in her style, and she really needed Cian's flamboyant style to reach a happy medium; "All right, chill, Ci!", the young woman protested. "I need to make a list of everything I want to get, so we better wait for tomorrow anyway". As Cian talked non-stop, Alice just smiled and nodded. She knew it was the best course of action when her friend started on his neverending ramblings.

Only when they stopped right in front of the cafeteria did Cian notice what he had been doing. Alice couldn't help but shake her head and smile at his expression. "Fine. You are forgiven this time. But only because you'll help me get fabulous clothes tomorrow!", Alice replied cheerfully, before entering the cafeteria with Cian in tow. "Now come on, I'm starting to get hungry".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 am 

Alastar gave a wry smile at Ben. "Good, because I'll just pawn him off on your sister if he's too hyper after the meal. You guys can deal with him while I get some much needed and long overdue sleep." He said with a grin to show he was just teasing. With food so close his dark mood lightened significantly. He looked back over to the food line which was now only two people and laughed lightly. Looking over at the doorway hearing Cian's enthusiastic voice in the distance he didn't know what the other was on about. He saw them in the doorway. "Looks like we'll be joined by the others before we get our food," Alastar said with a light laugh.

It wouldn't have surprised him if Cian and Alice hadn't been here before he had his food half eaten. He walked away from the table and said in passing to the others at the next table, "Good'day" before he kept going and went to fetch his food.

He didn't wait long in line before he could place his order. There wasn't anyone else there. Which made Alastar very happy. He did not like large lines of people to wait for his meal. He much prefered the quiet then the crowd to begin with.

---

Cian laughed and gave Alice a quick squeeze his expression changing from apologetic to exuberant again. He walked with Alice to the table Ben was sitting at. Drew out a seat and slid into it. "Let me guess Alas is already in the food line?" Cian said as he looked up to read the menu on the large screen next to the kitchen entrance. He would decide what he wanted before heading to get the food. It wasn't unusual for Alastar to have no patience to wait on anyone when it came to food, showers and sleeping. Cian shook his head and finally decided on something.

"So shall we go? Or we waiting for Alas to get back?" he asked of the others.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:18 pm 

Cassian absently waved in response to the brunet's mock salute, still trying to place why- and which of- the four seemed familiar. Two of them wer almost certainly twins, even accounting for how differently they dressed. The other two looked similar but not enough he could be completely certain they were siblings rather than having some other relationship to one another. He blinked when a hand waved in front of his face, causing him to realize he had been staring for quite a while. "Ah." The noise was involuntary as the grey haired male shook himself slightly before turning his attention to the owner of said hand.

Wraineth look somewhat bemused as he put his hand down, asking, "What's so fascinating about them? You've been staring at them awhile. Glaring might be better word for it, though." The Rhsarn wondered if his apparent roomate ever had an expression that wasn't at least somewhat angry looking. Other than the mask-blank expression, at any rate.