All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Amanda sat at her desk, giving a long sigh of relief and rubbing her wrist to relieve the soreness. It had taken just about all day but she'd managed to sit down and go over every single one of her students' recently turned in writing assignments. It wasn't a difficult paper, it was merely a matter of sitting down and writing a while, but they were long and it took a long time to go through, check them all for errors, grade, and include feedback to be ready for later. Her wrist was sore from so much writing and she was rather tired, but it was worth it, she'd finished grading her students' papers much earlier than she'd thought she would, and she was very proud of her students as well for it, after all the reason she finished so early was that there simply wasn't very much to correct on most of the papers.

Best of all, with this finished, she'd have all week until next Monday to laze around the house and play the best game there was, Destiny Chronicles with her new online friends. Amanda had been quite annoyed when she went and accidentally spilled who she was online with her last character so close to being perfected, she'd even tried working through it but there were too many spammers, fanboys and girls, and all around annoying people to deal with. She went packed up the papers in her bag to be ready for Monday morning, and got herself to bed, looking forward to getting more use out of her new character.

In the morning, upon finishing up her morning routine, she was ready to play. She sat herself at her desk, hooking up the Neural Link headset to the computer and shoved it onto her head. She couldn't help grinning as the startup began, as she always did, at first it was pretty disorienting, the shift from physical to mental could be jarring at first but once one got used to it, while still a weird experience, it was a fun one for Amanda. She zipped through the login screen and into her character list, smiling to herself at the sight of her 4 previous characters, a Brawler Bo, a Dwarf Warlord, a Lago Archer, and a Human Freelancer she designed as a combination Assassin and Red Warlock, to be like a ninja from a certain anime she was a fan of. All four except for the Human were max level, and thanks to a lot of effort essentially perfect for how she'd wanted them.

She moved on though, to her latest, still rather low level but proving quite fun, the first pure mage she'd done, ChaoticDivine, she closed her eyes as she selected the magic wielding elf, when she opened them again, she saw the city of the Capitol before her, the glorious site never ceased to amaze her, the graphics alone blew every other game she'd ever seen out of the water, let alone the sheer immersive extreme Destiny Chronicles had.

She made her way to the southern gate of the city, waiting just outside, facing towards the southern land of Sumara, with a brief flash she materialized her staff and began lazily twirling it between her fingers, "Glad I made Divine when i did, this staff is pretty cool, even if its not too strong its cool looking" she thought absently as she awaited her friends, she knew she was early but she didn't mind, after all she had 5 days open for just this game, she didn't exactly have much else to do right now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:30 pm 

Kaylee groaned as she dragged her weary carcass in through her front door. With a sigh she shut the door and turned the lock, one hand coming to rest on her lower back and the other dropping her keys on the table in the entry way. Kicing off her shoes she flopped down onto the couch. Man was she beat, and she only had two days off before she had to be back at the normal daily grind. She contemplated going into the kitchen to grab something to eat but decided the couch felt better. She closed her eyes and let the darkness wash over her.

A couple hours later, feeling much more refreshed, albeit stiff, Kaylee awakened and moved toward the kitchen. She quickly threw together a sandwich and glanced at the clock. It was almost time to meet her online friends for a couple of hours. She grinned and wolfed down her sandwich. A quick shower and then she fell into her bed with a smile. She grabbed the headgear and placed it on. Her stomach lurched as the game booted up, and she fell away from reality into the virtual. It was always kind of like a roller coaster for her, amazing, and terrifying at the same time. She only had one character, a pretty female Fa Beast Warrior. Normally in games, Kaylee ended up picking the mages, because she could remember the spells and incantations with ease, but she had wanted to try something a bit more demanding, like her real life job as a firefighter.

She picked the character, 'Kaelas', and smiled. It sounded pretty, but meant "White Death". She laughed as she and the character merged, and became one. She gasped as the feelings rushed through her, as she opened her new eyes, and became "Kaelas". This world was amazing, and feeling the wind rough through her fur was exhilarating. She loved the strength and agility of her character body, it made her human body seem weak and clumsy. She tightened her hand, causing her claws to extend, oh yes, this form was a pure delight. She quickly opened up her menu and began to choose her outfit for the day, a medium durability cuirass and faulds, and light durability hooded cloak. She smiled, the black armor and cloak were a favorite of hers. She quickly attached her longsword to her left hip and a couple of her chakrams to her right. She equipped a final accessory, The Necklace of Twilight. It seemed to be a simple necklace, a silver chain and black onyx pendant, but it had the special ability to shield her from 30% of magic and stealth attacks.

Once dressed she began to look around for her teammates.

Mood: Interested
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."
Current Character: N/A
Checking Out: N/A

Last edited by Mysty_Fox on Fri May 01, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:17 pm 

I have returned

Nicholi leaned back in his seat, letting out a loud yawn as he did so. Online schooling is so boring, he had started playing a game on his phone about half way through the lesson. He had just finished his classes for the day, which was mostly English and a math test. He passed, and with plenty of room to spare, he honestly didn't see why his brother thought math was so hard.
But now that he had that out of the way, he could get to Destiny Chronicles. Nicholi move his wheelchair away from his desk, moving towards the mini fridge he kept in his room he pulled out a soda and a sandwich. As he ate he got out his Neural Link, placing it on his bed and finished his meal. Lifting himself from the chair, he laid down on the bed, put in the head set and turned it on. As the headset turned on he made the switch too mental. The slight feeling of nausea, offset by the rush of feeling. Especially in his legs. He just couldn't get over that felling of his legs.

He appeared under a tree next to the South gate of the city. He stretched his arms and legs as he looked around the area, eventually finding ChaoticDivine just outside the gate. He walked over slowly, adjusting the eyes a bit on his clockwork skull so his eyes were blacked out. As he stepped up next to Divine he gave a greeting in his usual deep, Russian accent.
"Hello, Divine, hope you didn't wait long. I had too finish test. How is life?" A nearby PCU had been slowly scooting away, and Thanatos noticed. Turning towards him and took a sharp step forward. The NPC stopped scooting and starting running in the other direction. Thanatos gave a short laugh, shaking his head. His Walking Nightmare aura was one of his favorite things in the game.
"That never old."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:32 pm 

ChaoticDivine smiled at her warrior teammate, pushing off the wall she was leaning on and stepping toward Thanatos as she continued twirling the staff in her hand. "I'm good, I've got all week free until next Monday so we can splurge some time on here a ton" she said happily, quite happy she had so much time away from grading or planning classes. Seeing him laugh at the generic NPC that fled from him she shook her head and grinned at him, "You get too much enjoyment out of that thing Thanatos" she said with a light laugh of her own.

She glanced around them, checking if either of their other friends were here yet, her menu opened in front of her as she checked the status of her friends, "Oh great Kaelas is online already too, i'll send her a message" she says, quickly tapping out and sending a brief reminder to Kaelas, "Hey, I see you're here, remember we're meeting at the south gate for that quest in Sumara" it read. Divine closed her menu and in a brief flash she put her staff away.

"I hear there's a brand new event coming up, its supposed to be a surprise when it starts, I hope it'll be as good as the hype is getting" she said, making small talk to pass the time

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 am 

She walked at an amiably pace, her gait smooth and strong. She neither avoided eye contact nor sought to seek it with passerby's, letting her animal senses guide her through the city. Kaelas paused as an instant message popped up in front of her.

"Hey, I see you're here, remember we're meeting at the south gate for that quest in Sumara"

She grinned, "Oh yeah." She picked up her pace, weaving through the crowds with ease, gracefully dancing through them. It was not long before she was almost at the south gate, and she paused as an NPC rushed by her.

Yupp, her teammates were close. Emerald eyes scanned the spattering of people and she spotted them. "Hey guys!" She called out, waving her hand as she moved toward them. The burly beast (not literally) of a male was chuckling, probably at the NPC he scared off, and the elf mage was smiling prettily. She came up to a halt a few feet from them, and she shivered as Thanato's aura washed over her.
"That never quite dissipates for even us, does it?" She laughed softly.

It made her skin crawl, her animal instincts telling her to get the heck out of dodge, so she sidled a bit closer to ChaoticDivine, and further from Thanatos. He wasn't a bad guy, it just messed her with character's senses. "So, what's the plan boss?" She asked the green haired elf.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:14 pm 

ChaoticDivine waved toward their teammate, "There you are, glad you could make it, i'd hate for one of us to get left behind here, you'd be all underleveled." she said warmly, with a brief flash she put away her staff. "This is gonna be great, this quest line is pretty big, not too hard either" She told them, having performed the quest line once before with a different character. "You guys remember the details? First stop is the Sumara forest, meeting the quest NPC about a dispute between the Lago and Fa tribes, let's head out!" She said excitedly, pumping her fist into the air as she led the way south.

"The best part is I already went down there over the weekend and opened up the nearest Travel Point" she informed them, Travel Points were magical technology that allowed teleportation provided one had already been there, on one's own you'd have to go the long way to get there but in a party only one of the group had to have been, though the others still wouldn't be able to access it on their own still this way. She opened another menu and sent the party invitations to the other two, "I can't wait for the first fight, I unlocked a new spell i wanna try out properly."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 pm 

I have returned

Thanatos looked at Divine when she mentioned the new event.
"I heard it supposed to be some new element to game, like boss rush or such. That might be only rumor though, so your guess good as mine."

Thanatos looked at Kaelas as he approached, nodding when he mentioned Thantos' buff.
"Never does. I could remove mask but I like being prepared for fight always. Makes me feel little safer." Thanatos tilted his head sideways, suggesting a smile.
"Plus the way NPC run, always good laugh."

Thanatos turned back to Divine as she stated the day's task, nodding in agreement.
"Lead way boss, I'm ready for blood and treasure." Thanatos summoned his scythe, placing it across his right shoulder with his right hand hanging limply on the end to keep it balanced.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 pm 

Kaelas smiled at ChaoticDivine as she explained that she'd taken the time to travel there so they could fast travel. She waited for the party invitation to pop up in front of her and she used one slender finger to tap accept. The little chirp was the signal that it had been approved and it disappeared with a pop. A grin curved upwards on her face, revealing just a hint of her sharp teeth, making her look more wild than before. Eyes flashing, she found herself excited for this new quest. It had been a while since the a quest had proven this exciting. It was also so mysterious, which proved to be even more exhilarating.
She glanced over at Thanatos, and shook her head, causing her fall of silver white hair to shake. He was a really nice guy, but it still made her skin crawl. She waited for Divine to proceed.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:53 pm 

Divine nodded to both her fellows, and a moment later the scenery around them blurred as they near instantly traveled south to the northern edge of the Sumara forests. She scanned their surroundings, though the act was somewhat pointless as the area immediately around Travel Points were always safe unless one actively lured something hostile there. "Ok guys, again here's the quest, there's a territorial dispute between the Fa and Lago who share the forest as their homes, its gotten so bad that both sides are on the verge of war, we're meeting a Lago NPC delegate to discuss plans and resolve the dispute" She explained thoroughly.

"But of course it wouldn't be a quest worth so much EXP if there wasn't a fight, won't tell you how but ****'s gonna hit the fan big time, heck "I" might not see it coming if they've updated this quest recently" she said with a playful laugh, "Oh speaking of that be on the lookout on the way, I haven't seen them personally but there are apparently some new and sneaky type of giant bug monsters in the forest outskirts, I heard they look kinda like a mantis mixed with a grasshopper or something, keep an eye out" She warned, pulling out her staff again as she led the way into the shade of the trees

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:59 am 

I have returned

"Sneaky bug monster, huh?" Thanatos said, adjusting a few dials on the side of his mask. He then cranked a small crank next to his neck and the world started to take on a glow. Plants he could pick started growing green, birds in the air glowed blue, and his allies were growing white. He knew from experience that any enemies he saw would glow red, weather he realized they were there or not.
"My sight is on, I'll warn of I see any. Hopefully they use camo, and can't turn full invisible." True invisibility gets past the advanced targeting. Reaper follows Divine into the trees, keeping a look out into the darkness.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:56 pm 

Kaelas smiled at the mention of 'sneaky bug monsters'. She flicked a hand through her fur and let her hand fall to her charkrams. "Let them come." She grinned innocently. Lifting her nose to the wind, she drew in a deep breath. Nothing… Yet.
As Thanatos turned on his sights she just let her natural instincts take over. She was ready for a scuffle, after the long week in the real world she needed to give someone a little hell.

As they moved along, she revealed in the quiet presence of her teammates. She'd played games before, and had ended up with either children or some pervy adult guys, and she'd gotten lucky to land Divine and Thanatos. Neither was the excitable child or annoying adult on the hunt for pretty ladies. She snorted softly at the thought as she let her eyes roam the forest. It had taken but an instant, but the bug went from twenty feet away to standing over her in a heartbeat. She gasped and raised her longsword as the bug's bladed arm came down.

She grunted as the bug's blade ground down on her arm and blade. She stepped back and let the bug's momentum carry them both backwards, to use her other hand smash against the bug's head. It hisses and fluttered its wings as it stumbled to the side. She swung her longsword and managed to get one of the legs of the bug.

"ChaoticDivine! Thanatos!" She called out, knowing they probably already had figured out what was going on, but figured she needed to let them know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:24 pm 

Divine reacted near instinctively, with precision and skill honed from a literal lifetime of gaming experience. She spun on her heel and leveled her staff at the creature assaulting her teammate, it glowed with crackling violet energy, "Flames of Chaos!" she cried fiercely, a bolt of dark energy akin to a combination of flame and electricity erupted from her staff and struck the immense insect in its side. It gave a shriek of pain as it's body disintegrated into nothingness. She blinked in surprise at first, and soon grinned broadly, pleased with the power of her newest spell.

"woooohoooo that was even stronger than I thought it'd be!" she cheered, "Totally worth all the work to unlock it and totally worth burning a quarter of my mana for one shot" she said happily, twirling her staff a bit. "Though probably wise to save it for bosses or something from now on" she admits as she feels her mana slowly recharging. "Those bugs are faster than i thought too... maybe i ought to take precautions too." she muttered, her staff glowed red, a wave of red light spread out over the area and faded, "there we go, a Rage spell will keep them from being too sneaky when they get near us"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:37 pm 

I have returned

Thanatos watched the woods around them, keeping an eye out for the monsters. A little squirrel creature passed by, glowing hot pink. Technically an enemy but with no intentions to attack. As he watched the squirrel run off, he spotted the bugs. They were really far away, about 50 or so yards when he first noticed them. Then they noticed them, and they turned from pink too red and became a blur of speed towards them.
"Here they..." Thanatos started before he was cut off by a insect limb coming towards his face. He twisted, letting the staff of his scythe intersect the claw. Flipping the scythe over his shoulder, the shaft pushed the bugs arm to the side as the blade flew through the gap. Impaling it inside the creatures ribs, he lifted the creature up and used it as a projectile on the bug Kaelas was fighting. He then turned to face the bugs replacement.
"Guys, they aren't sneaky! The camo is medium, at best. What they have is really good approach speed, that's why none see them coming. They went from 50 to on us in seconds."
Then Divine used the rage spell, an Reaper could see more of the creatures charging towards the source of their anger from across the woods.
"Oh ****, we hit hornet nest hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:10 pm 

Kaelas nodded her thanks to Chaotic as the bug disintegrated. She brushed the ash of the bug off of her arm and readied herself as Thanatos spoke. Sure enough, they had hit the nest, as the bugs descended like locusts.

As Thanatos and she went into full-fight mode, they moved together well, it was something that had made their group an easy choice, she let the monster inside her out. Grinning, as she swirled and twirled, claws and melee weapons sweeping and slashing. This is what she loved, the fight-or-flight high, the adrenaline surge that allowed her to side-step the in game pain* of wounds, even as she kept an eye on her health bar.

The bugs were strong, but not as strong as they were fast, and as long as she countered the speed she was fine. Chakrams spinning and flying through the air, she grinned as the goo from the bugs coated her. It didn't seem to be poisonous, so she didn't seem to mind it all over. The bugs lost in their rage were ferocious but the battle was going to at least gain their group some nice level up points. She grinned, and continued to slash.

**I'm not sure if there would be a real life sensation of pain or just the normal pulse that games give to let you know you've been wounded. So…. yeah. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:43 am 

Divine saw the danger in the situation but couldn't help grinning, it'd been a while since a character she used was in any real danger and it was thrilling, even if there wasn't actually any danger and a death here would only mean being respawned back in the Capitol. With expert spinning of her staff she fired off numerous spells into the furthest insects, partly to help without drawing their attention too much but mostly to ascertain the insects elemental weakness, and soon found it was lightning. "Weird for bugs to be weak to electricity but I'm not complaining" She muttered as she leapt back after nearly taking a direct hit from one of the creatures.

"Kaelas, Thanatos! Hit the deck!" she called in warning to her teammates as lightning crackled and sparked from her staff. "Omega Spark!" she chanted, a massive bolt of lightning erupted outward, disintegrating the nearest bug, only for the bolt to split off and strike three, killing them as well and again splitting off, by the time the chain around half were dead and the remaining were heavily injured, with some becoming Terrified, a status that affects feral monsters like these when they're wounded enough and causes them to flee.

"Kaelas on your left! Thanatos, on your six" she advised as she fired a long range bolt to take out one of the fleeing bugs.

((know i said i would post last night but i spaced and forgot, sorry >.<))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 pm 

I have returned

Thanatos was in the moment, this was what he love most. That sensation you get in a fight? Nothing beats that. Except possibly that moment when you win, that's good too. Him and Kaelas where back too back as they usually where, he'd make big sweeping attacks that could take out large numbers and she would kill those unlucky enough too dodge or had survived the scythe. It was a good strategy, and Thanatos' aura would make their enemies frantic, more likely too run. And that would give Divine great opportunity too pick them off.
Speaking of Divine.
"Kaelas, Thanatos! Hit the deck!" Thanatos didn't have too be told twice too know her plan. Dropping down, he was just barely under when chain lightning went out.
Thanatos stood back up after the light show and turned too his six o'clock as Divine suggested. Sure enough, there was a pair of bugs running, their terror made them trip constantly, which was why they were still around. They would be long gone by the time Thanatos reached them for short ranged, so that left a long range attack. Grabbing his scythe by the very end with both hands, Thanatos threw it over hand, flipping it towards the bugs at high speed. It impaled the first bug in the head, and the scythes momentum drove it forward into the second bugs back. Two dead bugs for the price of one. Thanatos calmly walked over too the corpses and pulled his scythe out.
"All clear here, how bout yours?" He called to the others.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 am 

Kaelas was panting by the time the fight was finally over, but damn did she love it! Like always they had worked so well together. Muscles loose and wired, she couldn't help but shift, movements smooth though rapid as she paced. "That was fun!" She sniffed, noticed the scent of burned hair and yelped when she found the source. She hadn't ducked quite fast enough and had lost a couple inches of hair. "darnit." She growled, blinking back tears. Of course she knew it'd grow back over night, but for the moment she felt the loss.

Not that she was high matinence, but she did so love her soft, silver white fur and hair. She smoothed her hands over the burnt strands and sighed. "I'm all clear over here." She then sheathed her weapons and straightened, lifting her eyes to the forest line, inhaling deeply, the scent of the bug goo, sweat, and burnt hair lingered, but the wind carried the scent of the clean forest, and something else.

It was something she'd never smelt before, and she couldn't place whether it was friend or foe, but it didn't seem to carry any scent of high emotions, so she dismissed it quickly. She turned back to her teammates, "Now that we've battled, and gained some points, now where do we go Divine?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:41 pm 

Divine was first busy checking the party's exp status, these creatures had actually given a fair bit of experience points, all three of them were close to leveling up now. Closing the menu she pointed southwards, "That's the way, according to the marker on the mini map if we make a bee line south from here we'll hit the Lago npc we're supposed to meet in a couple miles, shall we?" she said

Leading the way and once more casually twirling her staff, though she was keeping a close eye on her mana regeneration as well, though powerful the two stronger spells she'd used had burned a ton of mana, and right now she was missing about 1/3 of her mana, and given the number of bugs they'd just squashed she was somewhat worried about there being a mob boss, a unique type of creature that was essentially a gigantic and upgraded form of lesser enemies that spawned when too many lesser enemies were killed, but history said there wouldn't be, these bugs were too new, and shouldn't yet have a mob boss until there was enough time for players to adjust to the bugs themselves, but better safe than sorry.

After a few minutes of quiet walking they were finally near where they needed to be, "Alright guys keep your eyes open, the npc should be approaching us pretty soon." And soon enough there was just that, a brown furred lago man came from a nearby clearing, "There you are, the mercenaries who took the job, we have been waiting." he said, he gave a wary look toward Thanatos, "I had hoped you lot who agreed to help were more... trustworthy looking, but you are mercenaries I suppose i should have expected as much." he said, clearly finding the group to be little better than hired thugs due to the intimidation factor.

"All the better to keep the real baddies away right? If we looked like happy travelers we'd get jumped by every bandit and greedy monster from here to Ralagoth" Divine said with a cheerful smile and light laugh, trying to offset Thanatos' intimidation, and it did the trick as the npc seemed more at ease.

"Well, onto business, our tribe and the Fa have been fighting lately over territory in the more central forests, we've managed to mostly settle it but we know there are a group of Fa who will try to sabotage the final meetings to finalize the peace, we need you to protect the meeting." he explained, "so they have updated the quest... this'll be fun" Divine thought to herself, "Sounds easy enough, shall we go guys?" she said, turning to her friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm 

I have returned

"No reason too turn back, this should be fun. Lead way, Divine." Thanatos said, adjusting a few of the dials on his mask. The face shifted, the mask's mouth shifted and stretched, now reaching closer too his ears and eyes, with what looked like a pair of jagged fangs a bit off the center. Each race of NPC had slightly different fears, so the mask adjusted to fit those fears better. This look was the perfect balance between the Fa and Lago fears. The NPC in front of them grew more unnerved as Thanatos' face shifted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:00 pm 

Kaelas watched the other beast character warily, even the NPC's made her uneasy, as the NPC explained the quest. She nodded her assent while Thanatos messed with his mask, and Divine turned back to her and Thanatos. "It seems simple enough, lets get this done, "Im looking forward to having a bit more coin to spend in town." She grinned, showing her sharp teeth. She then brushed a bit of dirt off of her armor, and let her hand fall close to her sword. It was always better to be prepared than caught unaware.

((I apologize for the lame reply, just not sure how to precede until we get to the next quest))