All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:36 pm 

Frustrated

Blog: View Blog (1)

Goodeman looked at his watch. They should all be here any second now. The invitation to this dinner party at the Harrison Hotel, a Five Star Hotel had been sent out to three score and ten people from around the world. Each "winner" would receive no less than ten million dollars. During the dinner, there would be music, as if from a concert. Not something very loud and grizzly like Death Metal, more like old time music like Bach, Classical music and other such soothing tones. Goodeman loved them all. Of course, if someone insisted he might play something light and much more recent. Enya, Dido, Lorena McKinnett, before returning to the older music.

The time would come that, after two hours, they would face their "Awakening". Five of their past lives would awaken within their minds, sharing one person's spirit, the five souls would grant him or her all of their power. Most Awakenings were with minor incidents. A quirk of character, or something strange occurring with their personalities. Nothing dramatic, for the most part. But Goodeman remembered the horrifying portals opening up in the world, and in the stars. The Malignatis. Portals opening from Nihil Space, the dimension which even the Incarnae feared. The Incarnae, greater than Earth gods, the manifestations of power throughout the multiverse.

Malignatis was draining the Incarnae very slowly of their soul energy. Incarnae feared that all the people everywhere, regardless of their origin, would face eternal torment as an eventual reality because of these portals. It had to be stopped.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

While in game, William recieved a message. It was via his email, as his phone had been disconnected months ago, and he finished his round, before logging off and taking a look. Someone inviting him to dinner? Who the hell was this guy? Mr. Goodeman. No first name? Strange.... offering food and money. Money he needed. It was also at some ritzy hotel downtown. What the hell? He didn't have anything he could wear to a snazzy joint like that.

Sighing, he went goodwill hunting. Finding a zuit suit, he looked the pimp, even wearing a red and black 'pimp hat' that his friend had won for him at the fair. Luckily he found a matching suit at the goodwill, thinking that was sheer dumb luck. All he needed was a nice cane, but alas, he couldn't find that. Or a feather to go in the hat.

Arriving at the hotel, he looked around, and got a few strange looks. Still underdressed, he sighed and walked up to the Hotel Desk. "I am looking for a Mr. Goodeman? He should be expecting me." He was pointed in a direction, and he walked that way, hearing murmurs and whispers. He should have called one of his lady friends to join, this could have been a really fun night for trolling.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:23 pm 

Alana was surprised to say the least to receive proper invitation to dinner with Mr. Goodeman. She had heard about him through her father, Nathan. To say that this could be her 'Golden Ticket' moment was an understatement. IF she could get him interested in some of her more 'normal' ideas, perhaps she could get the help she needed to start her own company like her old man did.

After letting her father know of the invite, she proceeded to brush up on the man. No sense in flubbing what could be the second most defining moment of her young life. With the same meticulous effort that she puts into her model kits, Alana preps up. Choosing a casual but classy looking blue dress, she heads for the Harrison Hotel. However, as she drives to the hotel, she can't help but wonder how did Mr. Goodeman know about her. She hand't done anything that would've attracted his attention yet. No controversial article, no revolutionary new insight, no giant breakthrough in technology that would merit a face to face with the richest man in the world.

"I mean how did Mr. Goodeman even hear of me? Unless he's secretly into discussions on how scifi tech works. Even then, I've never released my my real name, save for the guys, and i'm pretty sure that none of them are connected to Goodeman.", thought Alana as she made her way into the hotel. Glancing around the lobby and seeing no one matching Goodeman's description, she heads to the Front Desk.

"Is that an honest-to-God pimp suit?"thought Alana as she saw a guy in said pimp suit (with matching hat no less) heading deeper into the hotel. Shaking her head at that, Alana approaches the Front Desk.

"Excuse. Sorry to disturb you. I'm Alana Shepard. I'm here to meet with Mr. Goodeman." said Alana to the concierge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:18 pm 

Frustrated

A bouncer walked up to the man dressed in his pimp suit. "Get dressed up. We have a dressing room here. Try a tuxedo, or get out. No ten million dollars for you unless you do what you're told." The man said angrily. If William concentrated, he could literally see the bouncer's eyes glow red, and feel heat literally emanating from the man, as if it were suddenly 125 degrees fahrenheit inside. Alana could feel no such heat but if she was focused on the commotion she could suddenly feel a rising strength grow in the bouncer's body.

'The name's William." The bouncer stated. "You're name's William. Act like me for a little bit and get serious". He demanded.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:19 am 

William looked over at the man who stopped him. What the? Must be some contact lenses, making his eyes red. Light reflecting off of them or something. But, it suddenly started getting very hot, and he looked at him. "I don't got a tux. I don't have money. Picked this suit up for 25 dollars, like the song. So, you gonna have one made for me?" He asked, staring at the man.

When the man told him to be serious a moment, he looked at him, before his face grew stern. "So, am I disqualified? Thought it was a long shot anyhow, I mean, was it just some random invite, or what?" He was getting as serious as he could, without weapons, danger, or the like being involved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 am 

Frustrated

"We have a change room. We have what you would wear if something like this would happen. Mister Goodeman realized you would probably act like this. He's a man of many contingencies." The bouncer stated seriously. "But honestly if I were Goodeman I would not have suggested you as one of the Chosen". He stated. "Now, get in the change room".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 am 

William looked at the man. While not a slouch, and having fought most his childhood and teen years, that was many years ago. He probably couldn't take him, so he shrugged, and went where he was indicated. He wondered what kind of Tux he would be forced to wear. He liked the suit, what was the big deal? Not like he showed up in sweats and a t-shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:10 am 

Having been pointed towards the bouncer by the concierge, Alana begins to take stock of the man currently talking to the maybe-a-pimp. As she paid attention to him, she couldn't help but feel something coming of him. Perhaps it was the man's posture or the way the light hit him; whatever it was, it told one thing very clearly: Power or Authority. Still according to the concierge, he was the man to talk to about Mr. Goodeman's event.

As she approached the two men, she saw that the bouncer had managed to send the maybe-a-pimp into a nearby change room. That was good, though it begged several questions: 1) how many others were invited? ; 2) Would they be as colorful as the scarlet 'pimp'? ; and 3) what would be the exact nature of this gathering?

Things weren't adding up, and it was beginning to annoy her. Still, she schooled herself. Had to keep professional, it would be bad if she offended the wrong person.

"Excuse me sir, is this the way to Mr. Goodeman's event?" said the young woman as politely as she could.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:16 am 

Frustrated

"Yes ma'am Alana. We have been waiting for all of you. All fifty of you now. Fifty means we're getting desperate. You might consider this a pre-emptive wage payment for a job offer. Ten million dollars is far more than most of you at this event have ever seen. Even those of you who are considered extremely rich, consider ten million dollars far more than a drop in the bucket." He shrugged. "Goodeman is down the hall here, towards the enormous golden lite room with the chandeliers. It's a make shift ball room, better than some real ball rooms as well, should it come to that."
William sighed. "Okay so, I'm William, a bouncer and sort of usher for us all here. There is a buffet of all of your dreams waiting for you, and a menu that will provide free, incredibly rich feasts to our guests that ordinarily cost well into the triple digits, if you wish to savor the taste".

"We're offering you all the opportunities of a life time, we hope you all take it".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:36 am 

Well this has just gotten interesting. A recruitment drive for a new enterprise, with all the stops pulled? That was unexpected, but while it answered the questions on the nature of the event and the quantity of those involved; it added a few more. What possible endeavor would require this much effort on behalf of Goodeman? The bouncer had mentioned that they were desperate, yet at the same time they also expected many of the attendants not to take their offer.

"Curiouser and curiouser", thought Alana.

"Well I must say this is an interesting turn of events. How many of the other have arrived, if you don't mind me asking?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:45 am 

Frustrated

"I'm afraid a sum total of fifty is all that we could "afford". You notice how William audibly put "afford", in quotation marks. Five hundred million dollars to Mister Goodeman was like losing a penny that dripped out of his pocket. Few if anyone in the world other than the wealthiest man could boast of holding the same monetary riches. "Well, it's starting. . . the tables are all set, the dinner plates are all set, the silver ware, and by the way, they are "silver' ware, are set, and we have our very own special host, CEO Goodeman of Goodeman Corporation to speak with us.

He took center stage on an area that was a few steps above the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is good to see you all. Now I"m sure you are all wondering why half of a hundred of you were brought here with the pre-emptive seduction of millions of dollars. All I ask is that you all take your time with supper first. It's the best that money can buy. Some of this food is so rich in flavor and in cost, that there might be a few of you who possess cars priced quite a bit less".

"Money is no object, and it's no secret by now that I"ve got more in my money store than many countries make in years of circulation".
Some of you begin to feel like rich snobs in the presence of Goodeman, but he says everything with no hint of arrogance. "I'll take my time with supper at the moment, and in a little bit, we can present to you something even better".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 am 

William came back out, wearing a suit and tie, and grumbling a bit. He hated these kinds of clothes, but no matter. Apparently their was a women speaking with the bouncer now, and being waved past, and he grumbled a bit, carrying a grocery sack with his 'pimpin' suit. He still wore the hat though.

"This better, William?" He heard someone speaking about food costing more then cars in the next room down the hall, and looked back at the bouncer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am 

Frustrated

"Much better William". The bouncer replied. "Alright. . . well, you know, I love what Goodeman's got to eat too. Everyone does. He has a restaurant chain open, very famous, connected to his corporation, but it's customers are more loyal than Chic Fe Le's, and that's saying something." He began to bite into oriental chicken, General Tso's, some chain restaurants called it. With each hunk of meat he chewed he felt a little better. "Hey, I"m sorry for threatening you before." He gently spoke to the other William who was a couple of tables down. "It's a stressful job no matter how tough you are some times". After an hour and a half in what felt like perfect culinary Heaven, Goodeman finally stood up. "And now, for the toast. Now we have a toast to . . . wholesome pleasures". After toasting all five people at his table, mysterious white lights erupted from all around the room, for a brief second all the dinner guests felt the spirit world around them. . . and then, their past lives were awoken."

Jacob, a man who had been quiet during this whole commotion, sitting right next to William looked at his hands. They were dark blue. . . like a Navi from that movie, Avatar, except, his body, was the same. Somehow, someway, he was a different person. . . six of him, all at once? And five of them separate, in his psyche, all coming out to speak with him inside himself. What the hell is going on?" He thought to himself. "Do. . . do any of you, feel different?" He looked at William. Jacob's souls all laughed gently at him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:50 pm 

William shrugged at the bouncer saying. "It is fine." He ate the food, and enjoyed his meal. More the his share, though he tried not to get food on the suit, since it wasn't his. Hours went by, and he sat there, when their host started to speak again.

He held up the drink, and toasted, drinking just a sip. Then, things went crazy. Having had nothing else to drink all night, except that one sip, he knew he wasn't drunk. That left, poison. William looked at these figured before him, standing up abruptly, when they started to look familiar.

Wait... that was, The Borg Queen? Guts? a young Mishra, just like the magic card? Abathur? Zhang Jiao? What the hell??? He was disoriented, and looked at William. "Drugs? Damn it, why?" HE was getting irate, and spilled the food and drink on the floor. The hallucinations started laughing a bit at him, and he started shouting. "Someone, think I need a doctor!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm 

Frustrated

Jake continued to clutch his chest in fear. "There is no light. There is no good and no life. There is only death without birth. Where is my God that I may rise from the pits of despair? Oh God help me! It is DARK! DARK! DARK!" Jake screamed in an inhuman roar, falling to the floor. Goodeman's face didn't look pleased. "This is not a usual Awakening. William, will you please keep an eye on our friend here"? He asked. William knew his que. None of the invited were supposed to experience something like this. Jake seemed to be a special case of a negative experience.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm 

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)

Laure slipped into the hallway, following the flow of people in fancy dresses and tuxes. She figured that it was the correct place to be, and if not, oh well. She'd gone long enough without a steady cash flow

The invitation had been quite a surprise. She'd been working late at the bar, throwing off the usual group of drunk guys, when a man got up and left. She hadn't remembered him arriving, and certainly didn't remember him paying. Then again, some people left their due in a shot glass. Unless they had a note stating that they'd paid, the security wouldn't let them leave until their action was confirmed through a thumbs up. Sure enough, a five and two ones sat inside the glass where he'd sat. She gave the gesture, placing the money into her pocket, only to find the slip of paper later that night when counting the day's earnings.

Surprising, finding something to wear wasn't hard. She had some old dresses from her skating days that still fit, both for on the ice and parties before and after competitions. She'd usually just take something out of those. Laurel had picked up a nice, long, black dinner dress. It was one shouldered-with a single full sleeve consisting of tight sheer fabric dotted with floral embellishments. The sheer fabric ran all the way to her slim waistline, before transitioning into a straight-cut silky pool of black. Her shoes were nothing more that silver knee-high gladiators that occasionally showed she sat or walked. She'd finished off the look with some simple earrings and a pleated updo.

As she approached the bouncer, she gave him a solid glance, before calmly and quietly stating her name in a placid tone. "Laurel Jessica Glowsteffe. I believe I receive an invitation from a Mister Goodeman?" She asked, tilting her head as she looked back up towards him.

When she entered the dining room, she skipped over the food, taking a seat towards the front of the room, though directly on the edge. She listened closely as others all chatted about the man and his business, what they would do with the money.

After a short while, Mr. Goodeman took the stage and commenced a toast. Laurel clanked her water glass against the other three people's at her table, and suddenly was overcome by a deep feeling of dizziness and disorientation. She must've been sick, as she could've sworn she had just seen lights spring up from the room. She closed her eyes quickly, opening them and reaching up to rub her temples, but stopping when she noticed that her raven black hair was a stark, bright white, and now more of a cropped cut that her wavy, long strands. Not only that, but the area around her suddenly seemed much darker. As she looked over, she noticed that the shadows around the edges of the room seemed to be pulsing with energy and heartbeat, swirling as if they were their own entity.

Someone screamed about needing a doctor, and Laure was snapped out of her sudden fear. The shadows seemed to ebb away a bit, but now the light was pulsing and shining too brightly. "Calm down. It's not just you. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this, and it won't help anyone to panic. So, please, relax and chill the hell out." She was getting a headache, and didn't know if she could honestly manage to say anything more, none the less deal with mass panic and leave with her mind in one piece. She was now starting to notice that everyone around her was no longer just themselves. They were layers and layers of people, all with different expressions. She felt like she was about to faint.

Someone else fell tot he floor and started screaming, and Laure knew that others would soon react the same. Mr. Goodeman ordered the security to handle the man, but she already felt as though her very conscious were being squeezed out of her. She needed to get out of this place immediately. She stood up and slowly began to stumble her way to the door.

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:49 pm 

She hadn't been too sure of coming at first. I mean who could blame her really, it wasn't every day you suddenly got a private invitation to the largest high society event of the year after all; and it wasn't like she was "upper crust" herself. Oh sure her father might have been an author of some note, but even that didn't explain why it was addressed to her. In fact, she was quite certain the letter has simply been grossly mislabeled; yet after a bit of digging she managed to catch wind of just how odd the invitation list seemed to be. In the end, it had taken some prodding from her friends, but she had eventually decided to try out this "chance of a life time"; figuring that even if it didn't quite pan out, it would certainly make a good story to share.

When she'd first arrived, Rose felt almost immediately out of place and under-dressed for the occasion; her own choice seeming to pale before the high class labels being worn by so many of the other guests, but she took some solace from the fact that she wasn't the only one who seemed to feel like a fish out of water. Having arrived fashionably early, the young lass had taken the chance to attempt to mingle; with some definitely mixed success given the crowd.

The food however, was spectacular. Failing all else, Rose would not regret coming here. Though what followed the toast certainly made it tempting.

When the toast was finished, Rose experienced the queeriest sensation of her life; overcome with a strange light headedness she felt as if some part of her mind were somehow unfolding itself, something that had always been there, yet hidden away beyond sight. As the feeling grew the room seemed to grow distant and fade away from her as flickers of scenes played out from within her soul, and the impressions and bonds from beyond death and time found their way to her heart once more. An all too familiar feeling as if she was part of, no that she was something more; yet that this more was the way it should be. As if something she hadn't known, but felt, she was missing was within hands reach; yet just as the feeling grew to its apex a feeling, like a loved one embracing her from behind, fell over her.

Slowly but surely the feeling faded away, and young Rose stirred as if waking from a dream; only to be welcomed by the chaos and clanger that had now overtaken the dining hall. Unthinkingly she found her hand reaching towards her neck, only for an instinctual have of panic to flow through her when her hands came up empty. "Wha-What's going on?!" she said as she looked around the room with growing worry, noticing how people were stumbling on and out of their chairs; Jacob himself garnering her total attention as he falls to the floor clutching his heart.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm 

Frustrated

"It is Dark, Dark, Dark". Jake chanted over and over again. He was taken off to the side. "You are all here because of the Incarnae. I, Goodeman, and many supernatural beings have chosen you all to protect the universe. There is something that has corrupted the world and universe. Eternal Damnation threatens the entire universe if we lose. They are the Malignant, and they come from the Malignatis Portals! From Nihil Space, the horrifying Nether realms that are uglier than the worst devils I have ever seen!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 pm 

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)

Oh, ****. This wasn't just some freak accident. These people were absolutely nuts. Universe? Portals? Eternal Damnation? Goddamn. They were insane. And based on what was happening to her, she was going down with them.

She quickened her pace, but tripped over her dress and fell to the floor. She willed herself to stand up, to at least crawl to the door, but she just couldn't. It wasn't necessarily pain. Just overwhelming exhaustion. Her mind was fleeting from one idea to the next, some thoughts she didn't even recognize as her own. She put all her energy into just lifting herself up to reach the door, call the police, do something. These guys were psycho. Not just nuts, but the kind of psycho that would lock you up and do experiments on you for the "greater good". Laure wanted nothing more than to get out of that building and run as far as she could, but she just couldn't move.

Oh, God. What if she died or something? That would not be good.

"You're insane!" She heaved out from the floor, though hardly loud enough for anyone in the room to hear. "What are you going to do, lock us in here and force us to kill demons or something? There's no way you can control this many people. Someone'll get out, and when they open their mouths, you'll end up with a life behind bars."

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:24 pm 

Frustrated

"How is that supposed to solve anything. We are only restraining you from leaving until you all learn the truth. You know what has happened just now. Your souls of the past have woken up inside you. Your powers have surged. You are now more complete and we now stand a chance of sealing the corruption of the universe. Without you, we would all surely die."