All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:58 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alana evaluated Shinnok's handywork. While she hadn't been a physician, her sensors could tell that Kano, Sheeva and Barraka were unharmed. With a satisfied smile, she turned to Shinnok. While his body language still spoke of pride, it also told her that he was dropping the subject, at least for now.

"I don't doubt that you would be a difficult opponent, Shinnok. Nor do i doubt your past exploits. However, i happened to respect strength of character bit more than the power one wields. As for your loss of connection to your realm, you did die. While i'm not an expert on the mystical side of things, it is my understanding that perhaps Jacob would need to go there and reassert his claim on it. Still, that's a theory to be tested later." spoke the nanotech girl to the shadow god.

"Now then, transport options?", Alana hummed to herself as she saw battles still raging on.

"I have a suggestion. Perhaps it's time for a show of strength. We do have their leaders in our custody" declared Ship. Ship brought up an image of an old form of his, one that would serve both purposes and showed Shinnok that she wasn't someone to be toyed with either. Alana smirked.

"Hey Shinnok. Watch this!" said Alana as she leap into the air. Curling up into a ball, her body lost definition and became a single, solid mass of black with green circuit line. The mass rapidly expanded, twist into the shape of the heavily armed combat spaceship, the anterian obliterator. The black and green 'flying arsenal' opened and lowered a ramp.

"Well, let's get this show on the road", said the vessel as she waited for Shinnok to enter with the prisoners.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:31 pm 

"Hoeeee..." groaned Rose in frustration as the scene unfolded, twisted and ultimately imploded; leaving them down one companion and the tenuous favor of a transfinite deity. Things had been going so well too, but Nanoha did her best to console Milhiore who was distraught by the outcome; after all her words may have been one of the few things that kept Her Serenity from whipping them all out for simplicity's sake.

Thankfully they didn't have long to fret over what happened, as a small tiny form soon tackled her leg; when she looked down she saw a young girl no older than eight with long turquoise locks which stretched almost all the way to the floor, clutching her leg as she looked up to her with tears in her eyes. The girl's shrine maiden like clothing shook slightly, and from the depth of emotion in her eyes it was amazing she hadn't dropped the ornate mirror she held in her free hand. "M-Mistress!" she cried out as she clutched her leg tighter, causing Rose's heart to sink.

"I-I was so scared; w-we hadn't heard from you since-since...And then you do call, and I answered! But I was trapped between them, and I, and I; I was so scared!" she sobbed, much to the young spellcaster's dismay.

Wasting no time, Rose knelt; embracing the little girl as she sobbed into Rose's shoulder, doing her best to soothe her. "I missed you too Mirror, and I'm very sorry we had to meet like this again; I was hoping to have some cake with everyone, but I had to call you sooner. I'm so sorry I scared you like that, but I had faith in you; but you were marvelous, and you know I'd always protect you right?" she apologized, and was met by some slight nodding at her shoulder and sniffling as the Starcard tried to compose herself.

"Your shorter than I remember," Mirror answered back, eliciting Rose to bop her slightly on the head, "Same to you pipsqueek, " she countered, eliciting a short lived giggle from the two of them; but the moment was broken as she felt a pounding around her barrier, looking back it seemed like the invaders had remembered there was a fight going on.

"I'm sorry Mirror, but you need to go away for now; I'll say hello to everyone later alright?" she explained as she straightened herself, receiving a sniffled 'okay' from the Starcard. "But you better have cakes the next time,"

"Promise," Rose ended as they shared a grin, before the young girl vanished into the aether as ribbons of light.

Sighing to herself, the girl looked at the hordes of enemies and measured her options; most of them immediately veto'd by the council due to the close space, risk of angering Her Serenity, risk of friendly fire, or simple practicality given her lack of Foci. She really needed to get her Devices back soon. It left her with only one choice really.

Turning her focus inward, the lass placed a hand over her heart as coral light shone from her breast; pulling her hand back, the orb of light coalesced into a pink gemstone which pulsed with light once before enveloping her in the same light as her soul danced with glee. When the light faded she stood a little prouder, even if her clothing seemed completely impractical for battle. Yet Rose found herself giddy as she looked herself over; several of the Garden Party gushing over Madoka's outfit before Nanoha called the meeting back to order. A moment later a delicate and simple looking bow manifested in her waiting hand, it's only adornment being a simple rosebud at the top.

With a dramatic motion, the maiden pulled back the string, birthing an arrow of pink energy into the world; even as the flower on top slowly opened as the string grew taut, only o fully blossom the moment she released the string.

The arrow sped up, through her barrier before bursting like a star which lit the room in a vibrant pink light just before it could hit the chamber's ceiling; causing a rain of luminous arrows to descend upon the gathered hordes, yet this was no callous attack.

There amid this rain there was a single arrow for every invader present;each would hunt down it's prey with unerring accuracy, as soon as it descended, going around corners and innocent bystanders to seek them out. Not a single one would strike an innocent, or so much as scratch the room in its passing; and upon reaching their foe would strike them in a fashion more befitting a focused laser beam than a mortal arrow, as those which might die from the attack would be eradicated by the energy leaving no remains, before fading into harmless light the moment after.

These foes had charged into a den of Epic Heroes, and army killers; it was high time they became aware of how foolish that really was.

Explanation | +
Basically, Rose just used an Arrow Rain attack that's incapable of causing friendly fire or collateral damage. In dnd terms, it basically allows her to perform a Multi-Target Eldritch Blast on every enemy in her range. She's skilled enough to make it so her attack will never miss her target; so the only option is to roll a Fortitude Check, and on a Success you take half damage instead of eating a full powered level 20 Eldritch blast to the face.

That said, individuals with appropriate defenses can be applied to the arrow heading towards them if they're aware of it; though unless they have defenses capable of withstanding magical siege weaponry grade attacks, trying to outright block the arrow is not recommended. While it's not an insta-kill attack, it does deal enough damage to one-shot most magical mook mobs with ease.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:22 pm 

Frustrated

Blog: View Blog (1)

The armies of Outworlders had all gone. . . gone also were all the holes in the Rift of the Fade. No Pride demons, no Despair demons or Rage demons,. . . the Harrison was finally quiet again and the streets were quiet. Some monsters occasionally still came in through the cracks of the slowly glitching gates and portals all around the city of Sigil, but that sort of thing was far less intrusive than it had been before. Jacob sat down at the Harrison and noticed the food was just as fresh and good as ever, with him back in control. . .

His food of choice was Chinese. The many flavors of chicken were like the tastes of Heaven. He was shaken up. Many Chosen left the Harrison Hotel, determined to get to the bottom of the situation which plagued the multiverse, but for now, Jake had to relax before he could share the information he found.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:55 pm 

Alana had just finished gather her meal, a several rolls of sushi, hot and sour soup, some Lo Mein and slice of Baklava for desert. Originally she was going for some flan. Sadly the dessert made her think of Desty Nova, the crazed mad scientist at the heart of most of the messes she had to deal with during her time as Gally.

"I'm not going to be able to enjoy Flan for a while, am I?" spoke Alana to herself as she looked for a place to sit. She was hoping to sit with Mistreya and/or Rose, so they could get to know each other better. While she didn't see them, she did spot Jacob. Perhaps she should get to know the Shinnok's Inheritor. Hopefully he would be that difficult of a guy.

"Is this seat taken?" said Alana announcing her self to Jacob.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:21 pm 

Frustrated

"No. Not at all. Just be aware that I"m probably the creepiest person out of everyone brought together in this little army of ours. Goodeman didn't choose well if I'm one of the Chosen. Even my good past lives had enormously shameful moments of disgrace and it's hard to forget being the murderer of millions of people. As Shinnok, I massacred millions of Earthrealm's inhabitants by commanding demonic forces. As the Creator, although benign without the mind effecting madness, I still attempted to commit genocide against an entire planet. As Malthael, I tried to wipe out every Human on Sanctuary. Finally, as Saint Eva I was a false god bringing millions of people across the world false hope in me, using their prayers and worship just for my own selfish gain and power."

"Malygos himself may not have been evil, but he was too dangerous to live, and he is not without his many regrets. And there are others. There are many many others that I can tell were just as evil or worse than the creatures already inside me".

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:44 pm 

Alana whistles as Jacob rattles down the list of being he used to be. Each one was very powerful if Shinnok was the standard, but they each apparently had cringe-worthy deeds to their name.

"Statistically speaking, it's expected to get a few questionable souls in the mix. Still, they all sound considerably powerful. Though I'm guessing not a lot of synergy between their lives and powers." said Alana as she popped another roll into her mouth.

"In all honesty, you got both the short end and the long end of the stick. What i saw out there, tells me you are a force to be reckoned with. However, you have that much to prove to the world at large. To be honest, I don't know any of your past selves personally, so i can't get an idea on what it feels like to be you. Though, I do know i have some very high standards to live by. All of my souls were directly or indirectly responsible for events that changed the course of history for civilizations. There is so much power and potential packed into this body, that I'm both thrilled and terrified at what i can do. If I truly felt like it, I could wipe out worlds, species out of existence. I could become a Horror worse than the Borg, the Reapers, the Zerg and the Tyranid combined." Alana paused a bit looking a her hand as it changed colors by her will alone.

"I wager you feel a bit like that?" The nanotech girl wait for Jacob to respond, before continuing.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:07 pm 

Frustrated

"Yes. With great knowledge comes great responsibility. For knowledge is not just power but might to do with the power which I must." He breathes. "I can feel evil deeds reaching in for me from the dimension known as Oblivion. Might be Alduin? Might it be Dagon? Might it be Hermaeas Mora? Or might it be one of the myriad of other very evil Daedric Princes that infest the realms of Oblivion and sometimes even the continent of Tamriel." He clutches his head. "And there's MORE!!!" He breathes heavily. "I don't know if I can keep living like this. I can't die either, I can only change into something worse".

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 am 

Alan stops eating for the moment and looks at Jacob straight in the eyes. The intensity is palpable, in recognition of what could be someone's defining moment.

"So, what are you going to to about it? It's clear that you don't want to do any of those things, so don't do them. Jacob, the thing you need to realize is this, you are the inheritor of great legacies. You have seen all that your predecessors have done with the resources they possessed. All the good they did, all the bad they did, their successes, their failures. All are laid before you to pass judgement. While their voices remain with you, it does not change the fact that they are your past.

Only you can choose what you are going to be. They only have as much control over you as you allow them. You are the lord and master of your destiny. No one can take that away from you. At the end of this journey, each and everyone of us will be held accountable for what with have done, so each decision we make in the here and now maters. However, never forget that you are not alone in this. There are 49 other beings that are experiencing something akin to what you are. There are bound to be others who can and will lend you a hand.

At the very least, know this. You are not weak. You are not useless. You are more than the sum of your past and your present. You are someone meant to change the course of the world for the better. You have the power to decide your fate. So, I ask again, what are you going to do?"

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:44 am 

Frustrated

"I'm going to seize the day by it's short hairs and give it a permanent pubic wax." Jake smirks for a split second then has a serious face, although just a tad bit relaxed. "It seems like the closer I get to regaining another one of my selves, the more control I get. I respect the fact that at least one of you cares about me enough to talk to me like this. Now that I'm starting to get over the alien factor of being thrown into different dimensions and fictional planes of existence coming into my real life, I think I can start to adjust."

"I will need to fight very hard to redeem myself and represent something that's grown out of it's past into something good and strong".

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:51 pm 

"Like a Cactus," Rose chirps suddenly as she interjects, speaking as the Champion of the Tree of Hearts, "They're born in sun-scorched lands baring frozen nights, were death seems to stalk around every corner; a place most people think only holds suffering for those who come through it, where it's inhabitants only bring about pain and death or feed off it. However, the Cactus is different; it endures and grows despite all that. Finding strength and promise in a place most would think is desolate, and while it faces many trials it grows stronger through each of them; until in the end it gives strength to everything around it, allowing life to blossom in even the most desolate of places with a well-earned beauty all its own,"

"In the language of Flowers, the Cactus is the symbol of Endurance and Bravery; it means: To overcome great trials, surpassing your burdens and becoming stronger for it; and to be a symbol of strength and hope to those around you during dark times," she explains as she flashes a bright smile at the young man. "I think that's something very beautiful to aspire to, and I'm sure you can do it Jacob," Rose adds warmly before a bashful expression crosses her face.

"Sorry for ease-dropping like that, if it helps I only really caught the tail end of it... my table got sat on by a centaur so I was looking for a place to eat...would it be okay for me to sit with you two for a while?" she asks with an apologetic grin.

It had taken the lass a while to offer aid to those who'd been stuck in precarious positions after the battle had ended, and helping the few reincarnates who'd been injured during the attack. Needless to say, it had left the now untransformed magical girl with quite an appetite after casting so much magic.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:59 pm 

Frustrated

"Well, now, people can wait for Goodeman's instructions". Jacob finished speaking and the three minions were incarcerated in a secret place below the Harrison. Goodeman appeared. "It appears the first part of our investigation has come to us. There is some form of monstrosity that we cannot fully sense in Outworld. This creature is so powerful it has blocked off all my senses in Outworld, but before I lost my power to see over the world, I sensed his fullness of power. At least ten of you are asked to travel to Outworld and find the new ruler. Our three prisoners told him no one in Outworld knows his name. He is merely referred to as the Khanum."

Goodeman looked around. "This new Emperor is closing off power of Sigil's portals. It's a good idea to deal with him as soon as possible".