All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The ARAI Project
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The sun was beginning to set over the city of Neo Angeles when Olivia Archer reached the central hub of the Macro Studios campus. It was mainly a library, the old ones with actual books on shelves in a hemispherical structure. A visitor's pass hung around her neck, something which would let them track which doors she encountered or attempted to bypass during her visit. She crossed the threshold and cut straight to the closest flight of steps to the second level. Here, the carpeted floors and special walls ensured that sound was eliminated quickly, giving her the sense of a strange deafness in her ears. A sign loomed in her face, warning against eating on this level and to keep their volume down. She chances around. In the centre were several benches and chairs, all designed to an abstract, yet colourful taste. Sunlight poured from the clear top of the dome with several warm lights brightening as the sun was beginning to set.

Rooms were placed in sectors, along the sides of the second floor, each frosted glass door had a number on it along with an access console for the users to tap their passes before entering. She made a beeline for the meeting room, "M204". She paused for a second, hefting her laptop bag in her hand before tapping her pass and entering the room.

Inside, she could see two figures, both seated and completely silent. She sat with her back towards the door, facing the window which covered an entire wall. One was definitely an android judging by the manufactured indentation lines along the surface of its skin, presumably the mouthpiece for the client. The other she was not so sure. She folded her arms, waiting, her eyes observing her surroundings without moving her head too much.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The ARAI Project
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:09 am 

Adam walked along the side walks adjacent to the large Campus. He walked along with a perk in his step and crumbled papers in his pockets. Each one with names of people. Some of them where crossed off and down under them was a small list of movies and books he'ed like to cheek out. Pulling it out he looked over it with a small sigh scratching the back of his head. I dont think it was a good idea to write the names on my shopping list... He thought to him self giving out a small sigh as he pockets the list. Looking back at the dome shaped building paralleled with him he pondered for a bit. He hasn't really been in this city for to long to get to know the buildings. This was always a problem with him. Locations and directions, two things he was just about horrible with. Fallowed with yet another sigh he found his way to the front entrance of the dome.

Entering the glass topped dome he gave a smile for two or three things. One was that this place did have a collection of reading items. Two was that he saw a somewhat familiar female gliding along up some steps, he would have to cheek any of the resent contracts offers to see if she was one. An three was that the roof was glass so he could still feel warmed while in the building.

Take a few moment to think he pulled out the list looking at what books he would have to see if they had or he could just cheek and see if she was a Contract. He looked at the two lists on the small paper pondering on his choices. "Ughh... I hate making choices..." He groaned to himself as he pockets the paper and chose to just fallow for now even though he was unarmed at the moment. He had made the choice to leave his side arm at the hotel for now thinking he was only going to be gone for no more then a half-hour or so.

A whited haired teen stands in the corner of a padded room. His eyes a dull grey looking out the one way glass of his room. A iron mask around his mouth stretched around the back of his head to a chain. It lead down his neck to a neck shackle, the kind you put on a slave or pet. To the front of it was a lock with 999 printed on it. There was no keyhole to the lock that kept the shackle on. His shirt lightly tattered but still held together. His right sleeve over extended past his hand and the left was cut short elbow. On his left arm two more shackles where latched to his upper arm and wrist both connected by another iron chain and another lock in the middle the middle of the chain weighting it. He smiles thought the iron mask his teeth showing thought the slights of the mask. "I'm not the crazy man in the room." He stand in front of the glass. "I'm only just better adjusted to the people like you."

"The only thing 'crazy' in this room are you people. You bind, gag, restrain, the people similar to me. But what is that we have done so wrong? But speak our mind and tell you how messed up we humans are! My name is Sanity! I'm the White Proxy of Mind!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Rima was sitting at the large table. Her feet resting on it and leaning back in her chair. A lollipop in her mouth, glasses on and reading a book. She let out a sigh and looked up as she saw another woman enter. She glanced at Vance and then back up. "So you were invited to?" She smiled softly. Her eyes were drawn back to her device when it started to blink, signifying that her device was about to die. "No no no! I'm at the good part too!" She shouted as the thing beeped and turned off. She let out a groan and looked at Vance. "That's what I get for not putting the proper battery in it before leaving. You're right, shoulda listened ya ya, spare me the I told ya so?" She chuckled and returned her attention to the woman. "My apologize. I'm Rima, this is Vance. My life long friend and partner."

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:34 am 
Savior

Olivia remained silent. Being awfully friendly right there, she only looked the other lady in the eye before returning her attention to their surroundings. A soft muted click emitted from the android, which began to move. "Good evening. I am being used by proxy by your client. I am to oversee and aid you in your operations. My serial number is E2-042-C6563065, you may refer to me as Eto. Your client, who wishes to remain unknown, has already presented the general goals for your operations, but let me go through them once again.

"You have been handpicked for your set of skills and background for this operation. This operation involves espionage in a corporate environment. The general summary of your activities would involve Sabotage, Intelligence, and Reconnaissance." It paused, "Before I continue, any questions?"

Olivia folded her arms, "How do we know we can trust you? How can you prove that this isn't some wild goose chase made by a prankster?"

An electronic chuckle resounded from Eto, "Of course. If you accept, twenty-five thousand dollars from the client will be transferred to each of your accounts as down payment. Any other questions?" It gestured to each of the room's occupants inviting them to ask more.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am 

Adam fallowed down the halls listening for any clue of nose to where the woman could have gone. The small list gets stuffed back into his jacket pocket making little nose of the crumbling paper. With a sigh he tapped on a wall. The small sound that came back wasn't to good. "Great... Sound resistant walls..." He looks up and down the walls thinking whether or not to keep going or just turn tail.

But with that he finally found the room. He stood at the door way to listen looking across the room and spotted her here as well. He frowned his brows in though trying to think of something but then quickly gave up on it seeing it was not time yet. He looked over at the speaker then towards the woman with what seemed to him at the time a cybernetic guard. He decently felt under powered in this room at the time. But at least he still has his implement. He raised a hand and scratched the side of his head and tapped his temple to set up his contact HUD. Having tech installed into his body had always sorta frightening him in a way. To depend on them first then what you can naturally do.

He didn't really trust any of the people in this room. Mainly the woman he had sorta fallowed here. He could feel the papper crumble in his jacket pocket reminding him.

A whited haired teen stands in the corner of a padded room. His eyes a dull grey looking out the one way glass of his room. A iron mask around his mouth stretched around the back of his head to a chain. It lead down his neck to a neck shackle, the kind you put on a slave or pet. To the front of it was a lock with 999 printed on it. There was no keyhole to the lock that kept the shackle on. His shirt lightly tattered but still held together. His right sleeve over extended past his hand and the left was cut short elbow. On his left arm two more shackles where latched to his upper arm and wrist both connected by another iron chain and another lock in the middle the middle of the chain weighting it. He smiles thought the iron mask his teeth showing thought the slights of the mask. "I'm not the crazy man in the room." He stand in front of the glass. "I'm only just better adjusted to the people like you."

"The only thing 'crazy' in this room are you people. You bind, gag, restrain, the people similar to me. But what is that we have done so wrong? But speak our mind and tell you how messed up we humans are! My name is Sanity! I'm the White Proxy of Mind!"

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:52 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rima looked at Vance and then back up at Eto. This was all so strange. She knew why she was picked but she didn't know if this would interfere with her stupid check ins with the government.

Rima looked at Olivia as she asked the question and was about to chime into that, but was cut off by the offer of money. She knew she could use that money on the shop and then end up being a huge business. She quickly shut her mouth and continued to listen. She had no further questions at the moment.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:17 pm 

Trying to get the ball rolling with some RP.

Vance waited with his best friend and trusted partner, Rima, whom he had known since grade school, way back before he became the cybernetic creation he is today. As he looked around the room at the cast present, he noticed the other woman run into the room. It was then that Rima's device ran out of juice. He simply shook her head, knowing her for impulsive decisions, and at inopportune times no less. He was tempted to berate her for her illogical fumble, but she cut him off, so he chose to say nothing about it. It was her own fault for not only installing the right battery, but not doing her double-check before leaving for the mission. As Rima introduced him, he responded with a greeting of his own.

"Howdy do." Vance gave a nod to the woman.

Eventually, the android clicked on, explaining the reason they were all together today. Vance sighed when he heard it was all about espionage, intelligence, and reconnaissance, finding such subjects rather boring when they didn't pertain to him. At lease sabotage meant equipment was going to be wrecked somehow. Nevertheless, the client was paying, so they had to take it, lest they want to starve and become homeless. He accepted the down-payment to their account.

"So, what's the location of this would-be infiltration mission?" Vance said. "And what are our roles and targets?"

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:08 am 
Savior

Olivia glanced at the door as someone entered the room. It was a young man, she guessed no more than eighteen years old, with white hair. What the hell? They are hiring kids? Her eyebrows slanted downwards as she turned to Eto, "I'm assuming this is one of your potential operatives?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Eto seemed puzzled.

She made a sideward glance to the kid, "Look. I don't work with children. This guy is obviously not of the legal age, and from what I hear of the plans, things could get violent. I am not working with someone so young."

"Hm, one moment please." Eto tapped its jaw, browsing for the young man's record. "It says here that he is seventeen years old and... ex-military? I didn't say that, it's his applicant sheet." The android was just as confused with the information. "Look, the client made the choice, not me." It shrugged.

This is ****ing nonsense. Olivia drummed her fingers on the table, thinking of a response, "I'm not working with a kid, I don't need to see child mercenaries or wanna-bes."

"Hm, yes. I can see your concern. I think we may need to verify this information." Eto nods before turning to Vance, "Unfortunately, I can't give you that information until you have signed on for the operation. " It extracted a small stack of documents and slid them over to each participant, save for the white haired boy, "There are some legal documents inside, sign at the dotted line at the bottom of each page to prove that you have read it. The last page will be agreeing to take up the contract and the costs of either the client or you terminating it prematurely." To the white haired boy, it said, "I have exercised discretion and will not allow you to sign up as your applicant sheet seems a bit faulty. We will have to verify it and have you return for application if it manages to go through again."

Eto pointed at a spare set of the documents, namely the actual contract itself, "You are expected to liaise with me to the client. If you sign, I will send the necessary information to your emails and perform a briefing for the scope of the entire operation."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:29 am 

Gerald whistled as he padded along the carpeted hallway. There was a swagger in his step and he took his time checking the number on each door he passed by. When he found the right room, he paused, wondering who might be inside. It wasn't strictly necessary for him to be at the meeting as he'd signed the contract several days ago, but past experience had taught him how important it was to be at least a little familiar with your team before embarking on any kind of mission.

He stopped whistling, tapped his visitor's pass on the door's console and slipped into the room with only a slight wave to its occupants. He could see the android had the contracts out so he figured he may as well wait until the four other people in the room had made a definite decision before he introduced himself; he didn't want to interrupt anything.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:27 pm 

Vance raised an eyebrow at both the youngster's age and that Eto couldn't disclose the information he asked for.

"Either AEGIS is getting desperate," Vance whispered to Rima. "Or this kid hacked the application process. I know the military's unscrupulous, but they'd never let an underage in the ranks. Anyway, how about this application? Do we really have a choice in the end or what? I'm personally suspicious of signing anything involving the possibility of danger and law-breaking. What's your take, Rima?"

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rima glanced at Vance and then back down to the paper. She gave a light hearted shrug. She didn't know what would happen, but it sounded like they really needed the help. And her store really needed that money. She picked up the pen and signed the paper. Once she was finished, she set her pen down and looked to Vance, only giving him a nod to go ahead and sign. When Rima looked up she noticed another boy in the room, somewhat younger than the others, but no doubt probably apart of the operation as well.

"When do we begin?"

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:52 am 
Savior

Eto saw Gerald enter the room, he had signed the contract and had been told the location of the meeting where the majority of his other team members would be going through the application process. It nods towards him slightly then, "This is Gerald, he will be one of your other team members. He has gone through the application process earlier." It turns its attention to Gerald, "Perhaps it would be prudent to escort the child out of the room. There was some discrepancies in his application."

It looked at Rima, "Sign on the dotted line of each page to show that you have read and agreed to the conditions set."

Olivia looked at the kid suspiciously, then started pouring over the legal agreements. Each operative to secure his or her own safety, reserved rights to terminate contract if operative attempts to discover client's identity or breach contract terms, cannot disclose operation activities until a year after the completion of the operation, refrain from excessive use of force, additional funding can be granted if operative plans require equipment, etc, etc. She signed on each dotted line she was supposed to sign on. "Right, can we keep a copy of the contract?" She slides the papers over.

The android picks up the papers and begins scanning it with its optics, algorithms recognizing the black symbols as text before saving it all into a file in its internal memory and uploading it to a cloud. "No need, we have a copy of the contract, with your signature. Keep this." It returns the stack. It waits for the others to finish their documents before scanning them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:11 am 

Gerald smiled and gave a lax salute as Eto introduced him to the rest of the room, and nodded as the android suggested escorting the white haired boy out.

'Perhaps,' he said. He wondered what was wrong with the application, but it was probably better not to ask. If Eto was asking him to escort the boy out of the room, it must have been something too big to negotiate. He shrugged and addressed the boy: 'It's a shame about your application. Maybe next time, eh?' Gerald turned and tapped his visitor's pass on the door's console and the door slid open. He gestured to the doorway. 'After you, unless you want to take it up with Eto.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rima watched the white haired boy for a moment before turning back to her paper. She read the terms and agreements thoroughly, something she often did not do. But this was more than just downloading a new game and skipping through the terms. This was her life they were talking about. She signed her name on each dotted line where it indicated to sign. Afterwards she slid the paper over to Eto and waited for it to scan her paper. She looked at Vance to see if he signed his already. Then turning her attention to the white haired boy again. She watched as he escorted someone out of the room and tilted her head. Rima wanted to know what that was all about but she found it better to not ask questions for right now.

My Character's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 am 

As Rima examined the paper and then signed it, she passed it to Vance, who looked at the contract again. He simply shrugged and made his signature. It was already dangerous being here, so what's a little more danger. Plus, they needed the money. Besides, Vance was able to get himself out of sticky situations before, so one more issue wouldn't matter much. He simply glanced as the white-hairred boy was led out, finishing his signature.

"Welp, looks like we're in." Vance said. "So what's first?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:23 am 
Savior

"Very well, you may not be tech experts but these are the documents you need to know about the target." Eto slid a bag of hard disks over, "They are to be encrypted in 128-bytes, SEP. The moment the disks are mounted, it will allow you in but request you set a password, do so and keep the documents to you." It paused, looking around at them for a moment before continuing, "Now, a very brief summary is that your client wishes to have information on a project ARAI. It is mostly kept off the radar and should be in development stages. It is still unclear but what evidence he has points that this project involves several corporations. The first place you should go would be Gortan cybernetics. I hear they are having an cybernetics expo next week at the Harbor Expo Center. It may be a good idea to visit their regional branch headquarters here too, though they probably won't just let anyone strut in there. BI don't think I will need to tell you this but: be sure to do your research beforehand."

Olivia picks up one of the hard disks, it was black, matte finish, metallic. She extracted a cable and connected it to the base of her skull, her HUD blinking on as she opened the file and scanned it for malware. None appeared on the commercial and homebrew antiviruses, she opened it and began to scan through them quickly. "Gortan huh..." She mused aloud, "Their cyber security is based on the multi-layer security, so this will be a pretty mess job even if I do it without a script." They got some annoying cyber feedback stuff in there.

Eto turned back to to the other two, when Olivia ceased to speak, "I assume you'd have some questions?"