All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruina Ascending
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was about midday when a terrible looking Logia arrived at the Sidua Ward hospital. His long, black hair looked as though he hadn't run a comb through it in days, the dark circles around his eyes showed that he hadn't been sleeping much, and his right arm hung limply from a sling inside his dark coat.

The receptionist's eyes widened for a moment when she saw him, but she said nothing, simply nodding in response to his unasked question. He strolled past her desk and made his way to the door of the first of two large rooms. This room belonged to Dr. Oliga, a long time friend of his, and his unofficial physician. The room served as both her office and her exam room, and though he hadn't made an appointment with her, he knew that she would see him. And, in all likelihood, rip him a new one.

Without bothering to knock, he opened the door and stepped inside, to find her sitting at her desk, sorting though paperwork. He knew that she knew he was there, but she ignored him for at least a couple of minutes before she looked up at him and scowled.

"Well, I'd say that it was nice to see you again, but I get the feeling that I'm not going to enjoy this at all." She said in a calm voice that was completely at odds with the expression on her face. "Let's get this over with."

As Logia took a seat on her exam table, she tied back her green hair, grabbed some equipment and then walked over to him and removed his coat.

"Sorry, Doc." He said, trying not to meet her gaze. "I wasn't gonna bother you with this, since I figured it would heal on its own, but it's been a couple of days, and it's still hurting pretty bad... so the others insisted I come and see you."

She said nothing in response, and simply placed her hands over his arm and closed her eyes. A bright green aura appeared around her hands, and a few seconds later, she opened her eyes once again, and sighed. " It's dislocated. You may heal quickly, but your body can't very well put your shoulder back in the socket on its' own. On top of that, your hand is fractured pretty badly. That didn't heal because your body was too focused on the major injury. How did you manage to to deal with that much pain for two days?"

"Uh..." He replied nervously. "I spent a lot of time at the bar?"

She elven doctor sighed once again. "By Sidua. You are the biggest, most hopeless manchild I've ever met, Logia. I'll fix this for you, but I want to know exactly what you did to hurt yourself this much before I do. And then, I want you to swear never to do it again."

"It's really not a big deal.. I promise." He said, trying to deflect the question. "But I promise I won't ever do it aga- Owwww!"

His words were cut off by her squeezing his fractured hand. "Spit it out!" She yelled, continuing to apply pressure.

"Ahhh! Okay! Okay!" He almost screamed. "I... I punched a golem!"

Looking completely dumbfounded, Dr. Oliga didn't say anything. And then the pulled his arm out to his side, and punched him full force on the shoulder, which both knocked his shoulder back into place, and made him squeal like a little girl.

"Now get out!" She yelled at him, walking back to her desk.

"But... aren't you gonna heal my arm?" He asked with watery eyes as he stood from the table.

"No! It'll heal on its own now." She replied, still annoyed, but with her voice becoming calm again. " Let that pain be a reminder that you're not indestructible. And keep that in mind the next time you decide to punch a two ton block of living stone."

And with that, she waved her hand in the direction of the door, which opened on its own. With their conversation apparently finished, Logia grabbed his coat with his good arm, hesitantly waved goodbye to her, and left the room. He turned back to thank her, but the door slammed in his face.

Sighing, he left the hospital, and began the walk back to the Concilio Ward. His guild had finally managed to earn a Guild Hall, and they were going to be moving things in and decorating today. The fact that he would need to help with that was the only reason he had been brave enough to go and see the doctor. His arm still hurt, but he could tell it was already starting to heal itself, so he was in high spirits when he arrived back at the new Hall. The fact that the double doors in front were already open told him that someone had beat him there.

Last edited by WalkingParadox on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Ruina Ascending
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:29 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Anya Quinn sang from on her rock in the ocean. She wasn't doing it to lure men to her, she was just singing to sing. She usually attracted men, humans, vampires, every mythical being couldn't help but come to her.

A man came to her and she turned around and looked at him, he was automatically hypnotized by her beautiful face and he noticed her tail. He immediately swam out to the rock and kissed her. As she kissed his lips, she drew the energy and life from him. He was soon still and lifeless. She effortlessly tossed his corpse to the side and it splashed against the water. She took her blue hair in her hand and ran it through her fingers gently and continued her song. She wasn't trying to attract another person, but then she hears the footsteps of another man approach...

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:52 pm 

Sometime in the afternoon, Elrin woke to the sounds of shouting. An angry looking man with a bushy mustache looked up at him with narrowed eyes. He was using a broom to whack the branch that Elrin was sleeping on. The tree itself had to at least be 150 years old, so it was stable enough to withstand the force of the broom.

"You, kid! Get outta 'ere!" he barked. "This property's for Nitor followers only, and those who follow Maero are especially unwelcome." As a worshipper of darkness, it was nothing strange for shadows to be dancing around Elrin in his sleep. No wonder the man could tell who he followed. He grabbed his few belongings and shrugged. The man just glared at him more. Elrin hopped down from the tree a few feet behind the man. The broom prodded him in the back; the man clearly wanted him gone.

"Alright, alright, I'm leaving, see?" Elrin muttered and strode away. "Some people just just don't understand sleep..." After his parents' airship accident when Elrin was 15, he had been constantly moving around, not staying in one place for long, and it changed his personality to his current state. For money and food, Elrin would do the "dirty work" for those who requested it. Even though he knew he could sleep in the Maero ward, Elrin never really liked being around a lot of people. That just made him uncomfortable and moody, it sometimes even led to spikes of violence if someone even breathed near him.

Before the death of his parents, Elrin didn't really follow a god, and he could care less. After that event, though, he realized how cruel the world could be and turned to the art of darkness and shadows. Over the course of time in which Elrin was by himself, he learned how to manipulate shadows to his own needs. That was the birth of his abilities: Shadow Stab and Shadow Dash.

Shortly after the incident at the Nitor ward, Elrin spotted a guild hall. Strangely, it was unnamed. Usually, guild halls advertised their guild in gigantic letters above the entrance. Elrin normally wasn't interested in guilds, but he decided to check this one out. He raised his right eyebrow, intrigued by this guild, and walked in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:42 pm 

"Uh... hello." Logia said to the newcomer as he rotated his sore arm. "I apologize for the mess in here. We're just starting to get settled in. Well... I say we, but it's pretty much just me right now. "

The Guild Hall was basically just a big, round, empty building at this point, with a few boxes and containers in random spots, and a bare receptionist desk at the entrance. But he was proud of it all the same and didn't like having someone see it before he'd had a chance to get things organized.

He looked the other young over for a moment before he continued, analyzing as usual. He looked like he was around his age and his ears were pointed, but not overly so, which likely meant he was a half elf. He also smelled like shadows, which meant a dark elemental, though not necessarily a follower of Maero. He hoped his father hadn't sent someone to spy on him.

"Anyway," He said, ignoring the strange scent of darkness, and extending his good hand. "My name is Logia. Is there something I can do for you? You wouldn't be looking for a guild to join, would you?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 pm 

Elrin looked at the hand outstretched to him for a good second, then took it.

"I'm Elrin and, yes, I would be looking to join a guild," he said in a flat tone and blinked. From all the boxes and empty areas, he could tell this was a new guild. But that also meant there wouldn't be a lot of people looking to join it. With all the other prestigious guilds around, this one shouldn't see a lot of attention. That was what Elrin liked though, a nice, quiet place where he could earn some money.

He took out one of his daggers and turned it over in his hand.

"By the way, if you're wondering, I am a follower of Maero," he said, and as if on cue, the surrounding shadows did a little dance. It was then Elrin took a good look at the man standing in front of him. This Logia character seemed to be somewhere around his age and had a sort of... electric aura around him. A follower of Ira perhaps? His black hair didn't seem to be well kept, considering that it was messy and fairly long. His taste of fashion was also different from Elrin's. Unlike Elrin's easy to move in black clothes, Logia's long coat seemed to restrict movement. He didn't know for sure, though, he was just assuming from how it looked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:16 am 

Logia's stomach tried to expel its contents from the previous night as soon as Elrin started to play with the shadows, but he caught himself quickly, though not quickly enough to avoid his eyes starting to change. He wasn't sure why he was still so sensitive to dark powers after being exposed to them so much as a child, but he figured he'd get used to it eventually.

"Sorry about that, Elrin. I have a .. complicated history with the dark. As far as you joining the guild, though, I'm all for it. I can tell by looking at you that you can handle yourself well enough, and as you can see... we're just getting off the ground."

Feeling a little feverish, he walked over to the receptionist desk and removed his coat, revealing a high collared, sleeveless, purple shirt underneath.

"The only concern I have is the issue of loyalty. My vision for this guild is for its members to be able to count on each other, like a family. So for the moment, why don't we just consider you a tentative member? At least until we get to know each other better. We did just meet, after all. If that's acceptable, then we'll arrange for a short term expedition to the surface, and see how things go. If all goes well, we can officially register you as a member with the Council. So... what do you say?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:12 am 

"Sounds good to me," he said and his stomach grumbled. Elrin sighed and wished he wasn't hungry. With no other choice, he asked Logia for food. "Hey... Do you happen to know where I could get some food around here?" Because he was rushed out of his sleep earlier, Elrin didn't get a chance to eat any breakfast or lunch. Sleep was also a problem for him. The tree branch wasn't the comfiest of places to sleep, and he only got a few hours of rest.

"Would you also have a place to sleep?" he asked, half yawning. The shadows flickered around them, a sign of Elrin's energy being depleted. Food had always been one of his weaknesses; he had taken an interest at tasting foods. Whenever Elrin saw something he hadn't tasted yet, he would try to sneak a bit of it. It was difficult, of course, whenever he stepped foot inside a food store, he would get strange looks of suspicion and distrust. Eventually, he had gotten used to it and tried to ignore it. Now, though, he hoped Logia could fetch some food for him, but Elrin didn't want to rely on him too much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

Hauk was humbled by the lush district of Ascyllis dedicated to the god Monachus- it almost reminded him of home, with the great tree in the midst of its centre square, massive boughs providing shade over nearly the entire ward. All around him, it seemed that nature had claimed much of the unused space. There were various wildflowers scattered about, and at the very base of the tree, a lush ring of vibrant flowers bloomed. The air here was fresh and plenty, and the loveliest scent wafted throughout the gardens.

Hauk was not there today, however. He'd been interested in finding the new guild mentioned as an aside among the commoners here. It would be a stretch to say they were legitimate, but Hauk decided they were at least worth investigation. He would pay a visit to one of the more popular markets in the city, which was located in the neighbouring Recubo district. He wasn't fond of the overwhelming odor of fish and iodine, but he was fascinated by the sort of subculture that had developed here. Back in Aspira, trade was an arranged affair. Each party involved knew what they were trading, and what they would be receiving in return. A date was settled, and the trade would then occur. Here, however, crowds gathered before each vendor, each one attempting to haggle a price until the seller was satisfied. The street was abuzz with activity, and a myriad of voices emerged from the enthusiastic cloud.

One voice in particular stood out among them.

It was a soft cantor, the singer he identified as female. Hauk couldn't seem to find the source. He began walking forward as it gripped him like a fishing hook. His stupor lead him to a body of water, where sat a young woman on a rock jutting from under the surface. Somehow, her song was almost impossible to turn away from. He stopped before the water, at war with himself. His druidic training warned him of spells such as this one, but he found it difficult to think clearly enough to break away from it. After this brief hesitation, he took another tentative step forward, and plunged face-first into the pool of seawater.

The cold water was sobering. Hauk emerged, angrily shaking his wet hair away from his eyes. His eyes fell upon the girl, now with a clear comprehension, immediately confirming his suspicion. He drifted to the edge of the pool, unfastening his sheath and laying his weapon on the dry earth.

"Do you always prey upon the unwitting lads?" he questioned her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:05 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anya Quinn looked behind her and noticed a handsome man approach her. "Well hello... And who might you be?" She flashed a beautiful smile. Her voice as soft as silk and enchanting as much as her body and face was. She stared up at the man with blue eyes and a smile still on her face.

"Of course I do. I am a siren after all." She took a piece of her blue hair and twirled it around her fingers and stared up at him flirtatiously. She felt something different about this man, she kept her eyes peeled on the man. Her eyes wandering over his body and taking in every curve of his.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:45 pm 

He had to admit, the girl had a certain charm. She was indeed quite gorgeous, and were he none the wiser he might have fallen for her act. However, Hauk knew what a siren was capable of. They were deadly, known for their unequaled skill in luring their victims in without fail. They were helpless when under her spell. He shuddered to think that he had come very near to such a fate himself. However, there was something out of place here. As far as he had heard, it was only their songs which had that effect on people.

"Siren, right, I ought to have known," he grunted, pulling himself out of the water. He created a binding between the water on his person and the dirt below him, and in seconds he was as dry as he'd been before he went for a swim. "Well, I suppose I should at least thank you for not harvesting my soul, or turning me into a rock, whatever it is you creatures do."

Hauk picked his sword up again, fastening it snugly on his back. He turned to her again, suddenly realising she hadn't looked away from him yet. He found himself uncertain if she was trying to trick him again, or if she was genuinely checking him out. He flushed briefly at the thought, but pushed it from his mind before it showed in his face.

"I should be going, I have somewhere I need to be," Hauk muttered to his bare feet. He turned and began walking in the opposite direction. Somehow he got the feeling he wasn't free quite yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:59 pm 

"Yeah." Logia replied to his new comrade. "Not a problem. There's an empty room right next to mine, and we can just use some of the silver from the guild stash to grab some food. I actually know a pretty nice place not too far from here. I'm sure you'll be able to find something you like. Just let me grab a couple of things."

He quickly ran to his room and removed placed his hand on the wall where the hidden safe was. Recognizing him as a guild member, the door become visible and unlocked. Grabbing a handful of silver and placing it into the pouch on his waist, he quickly ran a brush through his hair and tied it in a loose ponytail before grabbing his sword sword from the corner and slinging the strap over his shoulder.

Returning to the front, he found that he had yet another visitor. A large man clad in a full suit of white armor stood waiting for him next to Elrin. He was obviously a half dragon as well, but on a completely different level than Logia himself was. His large, white wings and tail were evidence of this, not to mention the two curved horns protruding from his hairline. Logia could smell the self-righteousness rolling off of him.

"Um... hello, Arbiter. Is there something I can do for you today?" He asked, with his right eyebrow raised questioningly.

" You are.. Logia Tenebros, yes? The former Executor?" The man replied, his voice deep and confident. "Well met, friend. I have a message for you from Judge Cailus. An assignment, actually."

Logia grunted. "It's actually just Logia now. And you're correct that I am a former Executor. I don't take assignments anymore. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to decline this.. assignment of yours. I'm a part of this guild now. I have other responsibilities."

Logia moved to walk around him, but the Arbiter reached out and grabbed his shoulder, stopping him. Instinctively, a low growl escaped Logia's throat.

"Listen." The Arbiter said sternly, removing his hand. "The Arbiters have our hands full with an operation against a group of pirates docked to the east. We wouldn't ask you to do this if we didn't have to. But not only would accepting this job be for the good of the people, but you would be well paid for your services. You'd be saving lives. Surely that still means something to you."

Logia looked the man in the eyes for a moment, then looked at Elrin and sighed. "Fine." He said, still irritated. "But the money goes to the guild, not to me. And I'm not killing anyone. This is strictly a capture mission, regardless of what you had in mind."

"Agreed." The other half dragon replied, apparently satisfied. "We've been receiving reports of human men going missing in the Recubo district. They've been turning up dead in a certain section of the Midland Sea. We're not exactly sure who is responsible, but as for what, it's pretty much a guarantee that a succubus, or perhaps a siren is involved. If you could investigate, the Order would be very grateful."

"Alright..." Logia replied, after considering his words. "Sounds simple enough. I should have it worked out by the end of the day."

Saying nothing further, the Arbiter placed his right fist over his heart, and gave a slight bow, before turning and leaving the Guild Hall. The blast of wind when he unfolded his wings and flew off rattled the windows in the front of the building.

"Damn show off..." Logia said, shaking his head before turning to Elrin. "Sooo... it looks like we'll have to put off our meal. I could lend you some silver and you could go by yourself. Or... you can tag along, so I can see how you handle yourself, and we can eat later and you can can meet Sangoman, the other guildie. Your choice."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:06 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Anya went to him and grabbed him by the wrist. "Awww but I was just getting a good look at you, don't run away from me now." Anya made a pouty face. Even when she was pretending to be sad she was still perfect. Perfect for every man. A nice little body with curves, a nice set of breasts and a big bottom. She glanced up at him. "Take me with you." She made a fake whimper. "Pwease...?" She flashed another smile. She wasn't going to skip up on this man. Or any other man that was probably at the place he said he should be getting too.

"Wherever you're going could use a powerful siren like myself." Anya smiled. She took her hand and ran it over his face gently, her alluring eyes piercing into his.

My Character's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 am 

Elrin weighed the choices in his head. Nice, tasty, mouth-watering food, or going on a boring mission. He waited a moment before sighing.

"I'm probably going to regret this later, but I'll go with you," he said half-heartedly. For situations like these, Elrin always kept a small cloth pouch full of various nuts. He picked out a few and ate them to satisfy his hunger for the moment. Elrin was also wondering what this 'Executioner' term meant, but he decided not to ask and ruin his chances of food later on. A thought came to his mind on how to mess with Logia. Since Elrin wasn't well acquainted with Logia yet, he thought a bit of a show was in order. Smirking, he merged with the shadows and dashed to the doorway.

As he emerged from the shadows, Elrin stumbled a bit. After the mission, he would definitely need food and rest.

"So, shall we be off?" he said and gestured to the door.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:30 am 

Logia gagged. If he hadn't been slightly hung over, it wouldn't be so bad, but sadly, he had gone a little overboard trying to drink hos pain away the night before.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you did that on purpose." He said as he walked out of the front door, remembering to lock it behind him this time. "Who knew such a rigid looking guy would have a sense of humor? That'll definitely come in handy in this line of work."

He walked out to a large object on the street in front of the Guild Hall, covered by a tarp, which he quickly removed. Underneath, was a huge motorcycle, all silver and blue, which started emitting static electricity the moment he touched it. "I can tell you're fast, but the Recubo district is a good ten miles from here. This'll be a lot faster. They started developing these things on Dynamis a couple of years ago. They call em Quicksilvers. They run on voltaic stones, just like the airships. Anyway, hop on. Don't mind the sparks."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 am 

Elrin followed Logia outside and watched as he uncovered a motorcycle. A small glint appeared in Elrin's eyes. He had never seen or ridden one of those before. Grunting to acknowledge, he got on the motorcycle and prepared to travel. While waiting for Logia to go, Elrin cracked his knuckles and stretched. Who knew sleeping on a tree could be so exhausting.

"Alright, ready to go," he said and nodded. Normally, Elrin could just travel using the shadows, but there were currently two problems. One, he was practically out of energy. And two, it was the middle of the day and there were barely any connecting shadows. Vehicles just weren't really his thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:02 am 

Logia thought about mentioning that these Quicksilver things were still highly experimental and could possibly explode, but decided against it. He hopped on in front of Elrin, which made the electrical engine hum, and the sparks much larger, before revving it and taking off down the street at full speed.

He wanted to gun it the whole way to their destination, but honestly, when he looked back a Elrin a few minutes later, he didn't really look so great. Plus, he didn't really want the thing to explode while they were riding it. So he slowed down to a reasonable speed.

"So how long have you been in Ascyllis?" He yelled back at his passenger. "Did you grow up here, or did you migrate?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 am 

The sudden acceleration of the motorcycle made Elrin uneasy and turn a bit pale. He was relieved when it slowed down, and he was able to focus in his surroundings. Buildings and people were speeding past, tending to their daily needs. A food smell got into his nose after they had passed a restaurant. Logia asked how long he had been here.

"I've been here all my life staying in the same place, but ever since I was 15, I've been just moving around and doing 'errands' for people," he shouted over the motorcycle engine. A bit of nauseousness was in his voice, but he was mostly fine. Secretly, Elrin was hoping that they would arrive at the Recubo district soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:38 pm 

Sangoman stood in his room, a large painting in his hands. He contemplated where to put it, wondering where the pink and black piece of abstract art would fit best. He dropped the artwork when he heard Logia's motorcycle rev up, the sudden, loud sound startling him. Reacting as fast as he could, he raised up a hand, a powerful blast of air bursting from below the painting, strong enough to send it flying back up into the air. The faerie lunged at the it, catching it by the frame before it could fall again, or hit anything. Relieved, and somewhat surprised he hadn't broken anything, he set the painting down on his bed, then opened his door and walked out into the hall. He made his way quickly to the main room of the guild hall, just in time to see Logia take off on the motorcycle with somebody he'd not seen before on the bike with him.

"What's he doing now?" Sangoman wondered. He sighed and waived it off, figuring he'd find out later, whatever it was.
"Probably just running some errand or something," he muttered to himself, walking to the kitchen of the hall to make himself some lunch.

They hadn't stocked the kitchen very well yet, but there was enough to make a simple lunch like a sandwich or something. He debated making lunch for the other two for when they got back, but given that he didn't know when they'd arrive back at the guild hall, he decided against it.w

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:22 pm 

This woman was persistent. He couldn't trust her just yet, however. Hauk couldn't stop her if he wanted to. One of the most governing rules in druidry was that he could not kill any living creature, even a faerie. It was a simple matter to “unbind” a creature, literally shredding their composition to fleshy ribbons with magic, but should he ever perform such a gruesome deed on one of Monachus's precious living things, he would instantly be unbound himself. Of course, the undead were free game.

That said, even though he wouldn't be able to harm her in any way, a druid still had his defences, and iron was his best friend. There was a reason his sword was made of the stuff. Iron was the defining counter to faerie magic. It worked most of the time, anyway. It wouldn't stop a god from exacting a holy smite on him, for example, but against a siren, it might work.

He bound the iron sword to his aura, and as long as he could manage to uphold it, her song would be just that- a song. It wouldn't stop her from manipulating him as any woman normally does, however. Her adorable pleas were intoxicatingly cute. He busied his mind thinking of anything else- like boats. Boats would do.

“Very well,” he relented, “But don't bother trying anything.” His warning sounded half-hearted. Truthfully, even if there weren't restrictions to his magic, he wouldn't want to harm her anyhow. Sirens were definitely not the worst sort of faerie one could encounter. Phagi, for example, were repulsive little things that would swarm a man and eat him alive. He hoped he would never encounter those.

“Truthfully, I'm not certain where I'm going to end up. I'm searching for a guild. Well, a specific one, in particular. I don't think it even has a name. I've heard some rumours...” he trailed off, something occurring to him. “You have a name, don't you siren?”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm 

The ride to Recubo district was a short one, as planned. Though a part of Logia wished it had taken longer. He didn't really like the idea of being near so much water. Using his magic in water was pretty much as dangerous for him as it was for anyone near him. He parked the motorcycle near the massive arch that signified the entrance, and hopped off.

"Strange that you and I never bumped unto each other in the past." He said to Elrin. " I've been all over the city since I was a young boy, and I know lots of people here from all walks of life, both legal and.. not so legal. I'm sure we must have at least crossed paths once or twice. But I digress... we're gonna need to rent a boat to get out to the main living area. I guess we could walk, since the water isn't deep here, but... I'd feel a lot more comfortable not being knee deep in water. For obvious reasons. Gods... being able to fly would be really handy right now."

Walking through the arches, there was a short, balding human man renting out small boats to his left, and a line of carts selling seafood to the right.

"Well, this works out well." Logia said, reaching into his pouch and offering a handful of silver to Elrin. "You can grab a snack for us while I see about renting a boat."