PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:14 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Aboard the Vengeance
The Imperial March
"Sir, the shuttle is due into the hangar any minute. Shall we proceed?" Commander Danus Spofford spoke to his commanding officer.

"Yes, Commander," Captain Kuat responded curtly and just as abruptly executed an about face, proceeding toward the rear of the bridge. "Follow me." The two officers marched into the corridor aboard the Star Destoyer, Vengeance. "I received his itinery earlier today. He would like the following people to accompany us in the conference room. Inform these people Lord Vader is expecting them."

"Yes sir!" Commander Spofford moved off with a purpose to either find the named individuals himself or send a crewman to alert them. The list was brief. It contained the names, Tirowe Gorvay, Captain Belari Fink, Major Milo Spears and the two Sith, Darth Zhiss and Darth Ire.

Several minutes later, the shuttle landed, with Captain Kuat standing ready to greet the visitor. A battalion of storm troopers stood in company massed formation at the position of attention as Darth Vader descended the ramp of his shuttle, his black cape billowing behind him as he walked.

"Welcome aboard, the Venge..." Captain Kuat was about greet the man in black.

"Dispense with the pleasantries, Moff Kuat. Have you assembled our guests?" Darth Vader moved with a purpose, Captain Kuat hot on his tail, catching up and matching his stride. The Sith Lord appeared to be more interested in taking care of business and moving on. He was not here for idle conversation.

"Yes, M'Lord, I will take you to the conference room now," Captain Kuat responded. Moff was a title shared by members of royal families throughout the galaxy. Only a few in the Imperial hierarchy still used such titles. It was of no surprise that Darth Vader used it on Lord Kuat. He preferred his military rank, but was in no position to correct Darth Vader on his use of titles. If Darth Vader and the Emperor wanted to call Bregius Kuat, Moff, then Moff it was.

As Captain Kuat entered the conference room following Darth Vader, Major Spears and Captain Fink both rose to the position of attention. Darth Zhiss remained seated, providing Darth Vader a nod of recognition. If his apprentice attempted to stand, Zhiss raised a hand suggesting he remain seated.

"Take your seats, gentleman." Darth Vader spoke aloud, "except for you Spears." The young major looked at the Sith Lord with mild concern as he reversed directions from taking a seat to back on his feet. If the major had a reason to worry, he knew not what for. Needless to say, the force found itself wrapped around his throat. Lord Vader held up his hand as though he were squeezing a piece of fruit. The man's eyes popped wide, he grabbed at his throat as though he wanted to untie a knot or remove someone's hand, but there was nothing to grab onto. The grip remained in place for several minutes until the major passed out. When Darth Vader released the hold, he fell to the floor dead. "Moff Kuat, please remove that debris from this room."

"Yes m'lord." Within several minutes, crewmen arrived and carried the remains of Major Milo Spears out of the room."

"You certainly do have a certain flair, Lord Vader," Darth Zhiss smiled.

Vader looked in the Sith Lord's direction, "Lord Zhiss, it is pleasant to see you here today. The emperor chose you personally. I would appreciate it, if you could send me a report on your apprentice. I am curious to learn about him. But not now. I do not have the time."

"Certainly, Lord Vader," Darth Zhiss responded with a smile and sat quietly. He looked over at Darth Ire, rendering a reassuring glance. He knew the Sith Apprentice heard only rumors of the infamous Darth Vader. He wanted to insure him, he was in no danger of being choked in public like the recently deceased.

"Gentlemen, the reason I have called you all here is simple. The Emperor believes a rebellion is growing. Amongst the many planets and star systems of our galaxy, people are beginning to stand up and strike out toward Imperial installations. Last week a rebel cell attacked the shipyard at Jakelia, not far from our current location. Jakelia has been a passive world for hundreds of years. All of a sudden citizens of the empire are taking arms up against the empire. Needless to say, the emperor is very displeased."

"You may be wondering why Major Spears is no longer with us. He was assigned with defending the shipyard at Jakelia. It was his responsibility that a group of five or six disgruntled citizens got past an entire detachment of no fewer than two hundred of our best troopers and blew up three luxury liners being built for imperial administrators. The Emperor does not take kindly to failure and neither do I."

Darth Vader turned his attention to one of the younger seated guests. "Allow me to introduce, Mister Tirowe Gorvay. For those of you who have never met this man, he hails from Tattooine. In line with an entire planet of cutthroats and degenerates," not failing to note that this was his own home planet. But no one wanted to point that out, at least not right now. "The emperor believes hiring an experienced criminal to track down criminals makes perfect sense. Besides, Mr. Gorvay has personally hunted down Jedi Knights and killed them without the use of the force. This is definitely a commendable accomplishment. Although he was duly compensated for each and every one of his victories, the emperor believes Mister Gorvay should lead this task force to hunt down Rebel cells and terminate them. The rest of you all now work for Mister Gorvay, who's new title is Inquisitor. I expect every last one of you to abide by Inquisitor Gorvay's instructions." Darth Vader looked around the room. "Do I make myself clear?"

Darth Zhiss did not hesitate one bit, "perfectly clear, Lord Vader." The Duros Sith Lord smiled. "I live to serve the emperor," he saluted in a mocking fashion toward the newly minted Inquisitor.

Darth Vader looked at Zhiss. "Lord Zhiss, you and your apprentice are here to work with the Inquisitor in seeking out these rebel cells. It is believed more than a few of them are lead by former Jedi Knights. I would prefer it if Inquisitor Gorvay permitted you and your apprentice to handle any Jedi you encounter." He looked back at Gorvay. "We wouldn't want you blowing up Imperial property in your attempts to subdue Jedi terrorists."

"Captain Fink and Moff Kuat," Darth looked at the two officers. "You are to provide the Inquisitor with any military resources he may require to include the this Star Destroyer and all personnel aboard, in the apprehension or termination of known and suspected terrorist cells."

Darth Vader turned back to the Inquisitor, "you have a Star Destroyer, two Siths and fifty battalions of storm troopers at your disposal. I trust that you will be able to use these resources efficiently in locating and handling this terrorist problem. Inquisitor Gorvay, do not disappoint me." Darth Vader did not wait for questions. He left the room, returned to his shuttle and departed the Vengeance as quickly as he arrived.

"Well, isn't this a smashing state of affairs we have all settled into," Darth Zhiss finding the humor in the situation. "I know we will all get along just smashing." Darth Zhiss laughed a hearty laugh, loud and explosive, in bursts and fits. It may have appeared unsettling to the humans in the room.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:59 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Tirowe had been sitting at his research bench, his second bench set aside for his planning was across the room. On his research bench he ha two sets of files, 'assets' and 'targets'. The assets already had multiple files full, with two empty files for the two Sith he would be working with. The targets only had one file, labeled 'leads', with five papers in it. On top of the bench was Tirowe's computer, which currently held a report on the Jakelia shipyard attack.

The Imperial messenger walked into the room, with a rather official looking hat, suit, and look on.
"Sir, Lord Vader has arrived, you're needed in the conference room."

Tirowe looked up from his computer, giving a slight nod to the officer before standing up.
"Sir? I like it, could get used to being called sir." Tirowe picked up his hat from the desk and swung his coat onto his shoulders. Quickly walking out the door with a slight lilt to his step, he turned to the officer as he passed, and gave a slight smile.
"But I'd rather not. You'll either call me Tirowe, or by whatever title Vader decided to give. And if you are unhappy with that, you can always call me what I am used too, and that's Bounty Hunter. Make sure to tell the other officers for me, ok."

Tirowe entered the conference room before the others, settling into his seat and putting his hat on the table. He nodded to everyone as they entered, bringing to mind everything he knew on each of them. He took careful note of the two Sith, noting it was a master apprentice duo. He hadn't been able to get their names yet, and hopefully he would get them now.

Tirowe had stood with the others when Vader entered, and was able to keep his face unconcerned when Vader killed the officer. He knew Vader's reputation, and he knew the man was responsible for the attack. He had been expecting it, and was more surprised that corpse hadn't been. He also knew he could expect the same result for failing.

Tirowe turned towards Darth Zhiss as Vader left, taking a quick assessment of the man. He seemed much like the Sith Tirowe had met before now, cocky, arrogant, self obsessed, and above all, he would try to dominate Tirowe. Not on his watch. He had to organize things now, he wanted to make it clear that he was the man running things before Vader even had time to leave the ship.

"Ok," Tirowe stood up and turned towards the two Captains, "I want a diagnostic on this ship. I want to know the exact number of men, guns, ships, cannons, everything down to the last bullet. I want to know everything I have at my disposal. Miss anything and I'll go do it myself. I also want this ship to send out probes to every moon in the system, spies in every port, eyes and ears everywhere. We know there is a rebel cell in the system, and they will want out now. They'll have to stop somewhere to restock, and I want to catch them while they are in the area. Now is are best opportunity to get them, let's not waste it."

Tirowe then turned to Zhiss and gave a smile.
"I know you Sith are a secretive lot, but I want too know every asset at my disposal, and you two can easily be my greatest. I don't need your life story, just a summary on your skills, both with the light saber and with the force. Also, a name for your apprentice would be appreciated."

Tirowe now turned to face the entire group.
"Now, I want this known now so it isn't a shock later. I have and will be researching all of you. Take no offense in it, if anything take pride. I research anyone I believe will be of importance in any job I conduct, wether they're my allies or not. For you, this is more so I know where to best use you in any plan I make." Tirowe stopped, sweeping his gaze across the room.
"Are there any questions or concerns I should know of?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:46 pm 

"Captain you are needed in the conferance room, now." Belari doesn't look at the officer as he continues to put on his armored gauntlets. Not being distracted as he mithodically checks his armor again.

"Alright, return to your post soldier. You've given your message. Whether or not i respond isn't your concern." The officer salutes and hurries away back to his assigned post being ruffled by the Captains cold response.

Belari turns on his heel and walks to the conference room at a steady pace. Everyone he passes either looks away or tries to look busy. He puts people on edge and he knows it, he enjoys it. Though deep down he too is on edge. Being assigned to the Vengence was a quick process. Evidently the higher ups have set a plan in motion and Fink knows he is just a cog in the machine. A piece of a greater whole he has no interest in understanding. He has a job to do. Other than that its not his job.

Fink arrives at the conference a few moments after being informed of it. Upon entering the room he sees the others who have been assembled for the meeting. Taking a quick assessment of the others in the room he can already tell that whatever this is about is more than he expected. Before he could study them further however the door opens again as Captain Kuat and the towering Lord Vader ender. Fink snaps to attention as he was trained to do in the presence of superior officers.

He watches as the Sith lord chokes the life out of the Major. The Captain doesn't even flinch as he watches the panic in the man's eyes. He has seen men die in worse ways. He has killed men in worse ways Fink listens to the Sith lord as he gives orders and assignments. Recieving his own and simply replying with a formal response.

"Yes, sir Lord Vader" He says quickly with none of the normal shakiness of the normal troops.

As the meeting closes and Lord Vader leaves Captain Fink turn to the Sith Lord that remains. As he laughs the captain just grits his teeth. Not from being unnurved but because he finds it annoying.

When Tirowe speaks to him he assesses the man with a glance.
"Yes, sir. All the information on trooms and cargo will be in your hand within the hour."

When asked about questions he replies.

"When do we begin?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:55 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

"Do you understand the conditions of your martial training fleshling?" A grating, monotone, and robotic voice came from over the intercom. "Or has your squishy mind already forgotten them?"

"You've made yourself clear Quinn. Now begin the lesson."

The room was twenty feet by twenty feet with a ceiling that was fifteen feet high. One droid stood in the foreground while two other droids stood in both corners at the back of the room. Darth Ire was indeed surrounded, and to make everything more interesting his hands were bound behind his back. He took a moment to review the parameters set for him by his training modulator, Quinn; he had to survive the assault of the three assassin droids without the use of his hands, his lightsabers, or the force… and then destroy them.

A countdown began at ten and Ire took the time to stretch his body in the formfitting grey training suit. The suit would measure his vitals and show him where he would need to improve his control of his anger and his anxiety. The timer hit 4 and he made quick assessment of the droids and their armaments. The droid in front of him had a blaster carbine, which Ire immediately viewed as a problem, while the two droids behind him were more melee oriented. The one behind his left shoulder wielded a vibroblade with some sort of wrist mounted weapon he couldn't quite make out. The droid behind and to the right held a shock baton and had an empty hand. As the timer reached zero the beginnings of a plan formulated.

Blaster bolts filled the air where he was standing, the burst of fire flying over him as he dove backwards and rolled to a kneeling position. The next burst of blaster fire was blazing toward him as he used his left leg to launch himself to the right, and right into the reach of the shock baton. There was barely a second in between completing the second dodge and the imminent sound of the electric current coming for his temple. Ire could feel the shock graze his face as he jumped backwards into the wall.

Using the wall to brace himself he risked a moment to assess his situation; the droid with the baton was about to lunge at him again, the droid with the carbine couldn't get a clear shot for the moment, and the vibroblade wielding droid was moving across the room toward him. The electric hum came once more as the droid swung for his stomach. Using the wall to brace himself once more, his left foot shot out and kicked the baton away and then flicked up and into the droids head. With this moment Ire jumped between the two droids, narrowly avoiding the vibroblade, and holding a second for the ranged combatant could get a focus on his position. A pang of anxiety fluttered through him as he hoped this plan worked.

A burst of fire shot toward him and in a flash he ducked, letting the bolts collide with the droid that stood behind him. These droids were programmed to avoid friendly fire, but they could be tricked easily enough. The droid wielding the vibroblade and the unknown wrist launcher crumpled to the ground as the blaster fire destroyed its head. Ire gave himself no satisfaction in the minor victory, he was trying to devise a way to close the gap between him and the ranged droid. His thoughts were cut short as the hum came again.

A quick sidestep avoided the baton once more, but the droid was quick to strike with his open hand. The robotic fist caught him in the side of his lower torso. However, with that strike Ire found himself out of the carbine wielding droid's line of sight again. An idea quickly came to him; keep the shock baton between him and the rifle. Ire clung to his patience as his attention switched for droid to droid. The baton flicked to and fro as he deftly dodged the robotic strikes. After all, he thought to himself, they aren't human. In his moment of arrogance he failed to realize the other droid creep next to him with its rifle raised at him. The metallic footstep was all he heard and Ire looked up to see the carbine inches from his face, and then he was on the floor.

The second droid distracted him from the shock baton, which collided with his ribs. A metallic foot then brought him to the floor. Another burst of blaster bolts flew over his downed body and Ire found himself grateful for the momentary lapse of judgement. The destroyed droid sparked on the ground next to him and Ire managed to notice what the wrist launcher was; a flamethrower. Ire's foot came swiftly down onto the weapon and a gout of flame shot forward and momentarily overwhelmed both droid's visual sensors.

Ire wasted no time in getting to his feet and taking advantage of the situation, doing his best to ignore the dull throb in his bones. His foot shot out with a fury catching the baton wielding droid in the chest and launching him into his carbine wielding counterpart, then jumping forward and kicking the carbine to the other side of the room. As one of his assailants tried to stand, Ire launched a powerful backwards kick into the exposed innards of its neck. A tube of black liquid burst and the left side of the droids body went limp. However, the other droid was on top of him.

The cold fire burst across his back as the electrically charged weapon slammed into him once more. The stunned man fell forward onto his stomach and attempted to regain his breath, but his foe would give him no such curtesy. Cold fingers clamped around his neck and he felt his body being lifted into the air. The sensation of freefalling passed quickly, the wall he impacted with doing much to abruptly end the feeling, as he was thrown across the training room. Ire couldn't help but find it odd as the droid walked over to him. It seemed as if it felt some kind of pride in the situation, but these were simply programmed for training purposes.

He shook himself out of his thoughts and rolled to his feet, his patience growing thin. The droid lunged forward once more bringing the baton to bare. The baton was launched from the droid's hand as Ire's right foot blocked the strike and collided with the shaft of the weapon. He followed with a strong kick to the side, pushing the droid away from him. Using the inertia of the kick, Ire dove toward the shock baton. Both combatants got to their feet at the same time, Ire near the baton and the droid near the carbine. He knew he would only have one shot at this.

Ire kicked the baton into the air as the droid went to grab the rifle, but thankfully the human was faster. He spun and kicked the baton toward the droid with all of his might… And it found its mark. The baton was jammed into the exposed neck of the training droid, the electric current overwhelmed its circuitry and it fell over fried. A screech filled the room as the half limp droid crawled toward him. Ire approached and brought his foot down on its head crushing the metal beneath his foot. With that it was over and the bindings fell to the floor.

"Well done fleshling. You have proven yourself once again. Should I begin another round?" Quinn's voice filled the silence.

Darth Ire sat with his thoughts for a moment and felt his master's summons come to him in the force. "No Quinn. My master requires me." He turned his back to the room and left, ignoring anything else Quinn had to say. He held a special hatred for the useless training assistant. It had proven to be more of a nuisance than anything, but Lord Zhizz insisted it was helpful. The assumption that his master did this strictly to annoy him had dawned on him a long while ago, but there was nothing he could do. So he just chose to cherish the thought of destroying it one day.

After redressing himself into his more formal attire Darth Ire left to find his master. Lord Zhizz waited by the door to his chambers and simply nodded an acknowledgment. Ire returned the gesture and silently followed him to their destination. They arrived at a small conference room with two men currently waiting within it. The Jedi hunter Tirowe and the storm trooper captain Fink, both of whom his master informed him about. Ire hadn't known why at the time, but he assumed this meeting would shed some light on that matter. Another man, a major, walked in and sat rigidly shortly followed by the captain of the Vengeance and…

Ire had to focus a moment to be sure this wasn't a trick of some sort, but it wasn't. Lord Vader, apprentice to the emperor, stood in the room before them. He took a deep and quiet breath summing up the man, or machine, that demanded his attention. Ire found himself feeling a mixture of fear and pity. Whatever Vader was it surely wasn't living anymore, it was just a shell. Lord Zhizz had to be far more powerful than this broken thing could ever be. The dark lord began speaking, abrubtly choking out the major, and then presented his plans of action for the so called rebel cells. The news that he and his master would have to work under this Tirowe disturbed Ire greatly. A sense of relief faintly touched him when Lord Vader pointedly said they would be working "with him", which was a fact that Darth Ire would not forget.

The meeting ended quickly, Vader's cape billowing behind him as he left, and Tirowe took immediate control. The eye contact, Ire mused, he's challenging my master for power. Tirowe began issuing orders to the imperial soldiers in cold fashion, like a man born to the empire, and then turned to face the sith. Tirowe aimed his questions at Lord Zhizz, asking for a summary of their abilities. What Ire fond more amusing was that Tirowe asked Zhizz for his apprentice's name. Curiosity crept over him, Ire wondered how much they would be able to get away with not telling him the freshly promoted inquisitor. If he had his way, this Jedi hunter would know nothing but his face.

Ire held a blank expression as he stared at the man named Tirowe and simply waited. For what? He wasn't sure, so he just waited.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:43 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

The Barloz Class Freighter, Rischiarre moved at what most in the trade would consider a slow rate of speed. The ship was obviously on a routine freight-hauling mission from Jakelia to some distance world. Only the crew knew what they were hauling or where they were heading.

Smoke filled the bridge cabin. Kyp Melan was frantic, pushing buttons, pounding on consoles, "you bucket of bolts!" He yelled at the thirty-year old Corellian ship. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

After several minutes of yelling, cursing and beating on the controls, Kyp yelled into an intercom system, "Garrick!...The hyperdrive is on the fritz again! Fix it or we are all dead!" Kyp was annoyed and frustrated. The crew of [i]Rischiarre had just sabotaged three luxury liners at the shipyards on Jakelia and needed to make a hasty exit from the sector. They needed to get anywhere, but here.

Ten minutes later, an Imperial Star Destroyer appeared out of hyperdrive. The ship trudged through the bleakness of space no closer than 100 kilometers above the battered old Correllian Freighter. Kyp noticed imperial scans almost immediately upon its presence in the sector. "Garrick, anytime now, we have company!" The Imperial ship, this close to his own made the Bothan pilot more than a little nervous. Several more minutes passed and the Star Destroyer launched four Tie fighters which headed straight for Jakelia, rather than towards Kyp's forlorn vessel. No one contacted him and no made an erroneous move in his direction. If they could just get their hyperdrives back on line, they could get out of the sector and pretend like nothing ever happened. Kyp made another call on the intercom, "Get everyone to help you fix that damn thing!"

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:24 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

An eruption of light shot out from the panel of circuitry Garrick Telloni stood in front of, sparks singeing his eyebrows and beard. A low grunt of ldisapproval emanated in the burly man's throat. Taking a step back he brought his hand to his chin and squinted thoughtfully at the machinery that just seemed to love being broken. Garrick's eyes fell on a few different components that seemed to be out of place or loosened, reaching for his multitool he leaned over and into the open panel. Another low groan of annoyance escaped him. One of the hyperdrive motivators blew out. Fortunately there was a replacement.

"Hey Garrick!"

Garrick's head jolted to the side and a ringing sound lightly echoed as his head bounced off of the metal lining. His eyes lost focus for a couple seconds, but when they came to he found Corvyn standing before him with a sheepish grin. Yet again, a groan of annoyance left him. "Yes Tink." Garrick spoke flatly. "May I help you?"

"The captain said the hyperdrive was broken again. I wanted to know if I could help." Corvyn said still grinning.

Garrick eyed the kid for a moment. A person could never be sure what the young crewman was up to, but he was certainly damn good with electronics. "All right kid. Go get Crim and then grab me the magnetic calibrator. We have another motivator to install." Raising his hand in a shooing motion, Garrick watched him break for the intercom.

Turning to continue fixing the blasted hardware, another gout of sparks flew up into Garrick's face. Once more he grunted in disapproval.

Meanwhile, Corvyn found himself at the intercom. "Crim!" He called pushing down on the button. "We need some help down here!" Clicking the com off he ran back to Garrick eager to help.

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 pm 

Denn was brought out of his meditation by the flurry of obsenities being shouted from the bridge of the ship. With a heavy sigh, he stood up to his feet from his position in the cabin floor. He dusted off his flight suit and made his way out of his bare, undecorated cabin. Sensing the tension and panic, he made his was to the bridge silently moving into the room as Kyp yelled over the intercom.

"If they wanted us dead we would already be debris right now. Which the thought of being captured gives me little comfort. You need to calm yourself. Its putting the others on edge." He said in his ever calm way even though deep down the situation made him nervous as well. Using his attunement with the force he could feel how shakey the others were.

"I will go see what i can do to help" He said as he turned and walked back into the belly of the ship to find something he could do to get them moving. They needed to be gone and fast. He was sure the Star Destroyer was here because of what they had done.

Meanwhile Crim was in the Cargo hold securing crates and gear to the magnetic teathers on the floor. When he heard the kid yelling his name over the intercomm he breathed out an angry string of curses in Mando'a before turning to quickly make his way to the drive core. Nearly shoving Tink out of his way when he arrived to help. Wordlessly, beginning to check several of the core's vital systems. Crim takes his time to check all of the systems he knows he can fix. After a couple of minutes there was a loud clank and the sound of the core roaring to life.

Crim turned around to see even Denn had joined them in fixing the scrap pile. He almost dispised that fact but now that it was working he walked over to the intercom.

"We're back up. Pick some coordinates and lets get the hell out of here." He says in his gruff annoyed sounding voice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:42 pm 

I have returned

Ken-Ryn was looking from his little corner in the cargo, watching the Mandelorian work on the crates. He heard the flurry of activity and voices over the intercom from the speaker in the cargo hold. And all he could think was he had to get off the ship. He had been stowing away on this ship for a week now, and until yesterday he had enjoyed it here. But then they went and attacked the Empire. Ken was expecting the ship to be blown up at any moment, or boarded or something. The first opportunity he got he was leaving this ship, and hopefully no one came after him for having breathed the same air as these guys.

Ken moved back into his living space, and started packing his few possessions into his bag. It wasn't much, but that just made it easier to pack. He had some food, his knife, and a deck of cards that Fey had stolen from someone on the ship. Speaking of Fey.

"Fey, dang it, get over here!"
Ken hissed in a quite tone. A small, monkey like robot jumped down from a box up above that he had been perched in. In his hands was a small metal object, with flashy lights that made it look somewhat important.
"Dang it Fey, stop stealing things. They'll be looking for that, and they might just come and look back here as find us! Go and put it back where you found that thing."
Ken shooed the small robot away, who in tern ran off to go replace the small machine that he had acquired. As he ran off, Ken couldn't help but feel that he was going to regret having the little boy with him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:38 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

"If they wanted us dead we would already be debris right now. Which the thought of being captured gives me little comfort. You need to calm yourself. Its putting the others on edge." Denn Khalik had a way with these tense moments and he realized the Miraluk was correct. He needed to get ahold of himself.

Denn left the bridge to help Garrick fix the ship. Within several minutes time, the sounds of the hyperdrive humming to life invigorated Kyp. His emotion-filled composure dissipated as a wave of relief washed over his soul. If you could see his face, the loss of anxiety was quite evident. One of them had obviously gotten the thing squared away. Kyp looked over the map, plugged in coordinates to Dantooine.

"Mr. Zumba may be looking for someone to move some goods. Maybe we can pick up a job there," Kyp spoke quietly to himself as the ship jumped into hyperspace and took off across the galaxy. Kyp leaned over the intercom, depressed the button and uttered, "next stop, Dantooine, boys!" You could hear the airy lightness in the Bothan's voice. He was once again filled with ease and relaxation. "Let's turn on some music for this part of the trip," he spoke softly to himself and pushed a button. Violin Concerto in D Major

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:48 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Garrick braced on a nearby workbench and exhaled a deep sigh of relief. Another close call he thought to himself, what the hell did this galaxy turn into? Removing a rag from the back pocket of his trousers he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

"Good work everyone." Garrick said as he tossed his sweat rag onto the workstation. "Crim you got that motivator up and running just in time. And Tink." He called to the boy in a teasing tone. "Even you were more helpful than annoying today."

Corvyn looked up with his same childlike whimsy. "I'm not annoying, you're just old."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:02 pm 

Crim huffed in irritation though under his tough facade he was thankfull to be away. "Of course i did. Why hasn't the captain gotten rid of this bucket? Seems like sny time we get into a tight spot it breaks down." Crim crosses his arms annoyed by the thought. He had lost count of how many times he and Garrick have had to give it patches. In fact, he sometimes believed the patches were what kept the entire ship from drifting appart.

Denn sighed with relief once the ship made the jump to FTL. "Good job everyone." He smile at everyone then let his gaze drift to the boy Corvyn, his banter with Garrick reminded him of his time with his former master. It brought a smile to the Jedis face. Then he took a breath and took on his stoney normal exterior again. "With everything sorted down here i will return to the bridge." Denn shifted then proceeded to walk back to take a seat besidde the Bothan helmsman.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm 

I have returned

Ken-Ryn listened to the intercom as the ship started, doing a little happy dance too the captains music as they jump to hyperspace. Once they got to Dantooine he could leave, find some other ship. Maybe get a respectable job for once, who knows. But at least he won't die, and that's all that matters. Survive, and one day when your chance comes you can make something of yourself.

-----------

Fey crawled through the air ducts, moving towards the engine room where he picked up the thingy. It was a nice thingy, and Fey would miss the thingy.
Fey didn't get why Ken was so angry with him. No one ever noticed when Fey took thingies. They were always cast aside, in places only Fey went, cold, dark, lonely places.
Fey slowed as he entered the engine room, looking slowly out of vent too see a lot of people in the room. Fey would not be able to get back too the back of the room, where he found the thingy. Fey decided to put it behind the big metal plate next to the vent. Slowly moving out of the vent, Fey moved behind the plate, putting the thingy down. Then, Fey heard a high pitched growl behind him. Slowly turning around, Fey came face to face with a big rodent thing. Before Fey could react, the rodent tackled him, giving out a high pitched squeak in the process. Smacking it aside, Fey dashed towards the vent no longer caring to be sneaky. Inside, Fey could hear the thing following him, making really loud noises as it did so. Not sure wha to do, Fey started running back to Ken. Ken would know what to do about the rodent thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Kyp relaxed, checking over the gauges and information on the ship's computer screens. He was content now that the ship was out of harm's way. In a few minutes Denn returned to the bridge to have a seat next to the pilot.

"You guys did a great job getting this thing working in time. Who knows how long it would take for the imperials to figure out we were the ones they were looking for," Kyp spoke to his friend. "Thank you."

We need to get to Dantooine, as soon as possible," Kyp refocused on the current mission. "The cargo in our starboard bay is bound for a businessman. We can use the speeders for the delivery. I don't want to land to close." The starboard cargo bay contained machinery parts and Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants (POL) used for machinery. The ship contained three palets, each weighing about a half a ton each.

A disturbance was detected on the computer screen. "There appears to be something going on in the Port Cargo bay, Denn," Kyp looked at the screen and glanced at the Jedi. "Could you go check it out?"

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

Garrick was set on cleaning up the work station and was reinserting the plating that encased the hyperdrive. As he bolted it in he did his best to empty his mind in the ways that den had taught him, but he was no Jedi. It was hard for him to let go of the training he had received during his years with the republic. Still he could feel his mind racing, playing over every outcome of the plans Kyp had constructed. He had to look for every indiscrepancy, it was what he was trained to do. Life was fast for a soldier, but death could come faster as a commando when you didn't cover your bases.

As Garrick inspected the rest of the engineering room for other things that needed patching up, a loud clang came from the far ventilation opening. Muttering a small curse to himself, Garrick walked over in a cautious stride. Small droppings littered the floor behind a spare metal plate and a few crumbs of food were strewn about. Garrick grunted in annoyance. "Corvyn!" Garrick's voice boomed throughout the engineering bay. "We got another rodent problem.
"

Corvyn left the small bits of scrap he was fiddling with and approached the older man. "Again? I thought we killed the last one a couple weeks ago."

"I had hoped so." Garrick itched the back of his head. "This shaftconnects to the cargo hold. Go grab a stun rod and get the damn thing would ya."

Corvyn nodded in acknowledgement and went to the locker by Garrick's workbench. The old commando was always prepared, probably part of his training Corvyn thought. He looked up to Garrick. Corvyn never had a real father and that often made him sad. Garrick helped him feel better though, whenever Corvyn really needed to talk the older man was there.

Corvyn pulled a shock rod from the locker and started making his way to the cargo hold. He peeked in every room he passed just in case, but if the little pest was on the move it was probably for food. That would only mean the food stores in the cargo area.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm 

I have returned

Fey came dashing out of the vent, running up to Ken-Ryn. Ken who had finished packing his bag, picked the bot up as it approached.
"What's wrong Fey? What's the racket for?"
As he spoke the rodent thing charged through the vent, running into some piece of machinery with a loud crash. Ken starred at the creature for a moment before it got up and charged him. Holding Fey close to his chest, Ken kicked the rodent hard, sending it flying across the hold into the wall. It hit with a crack and slid too the ground, letting out a pathetic death squeak.
As Ken watched from his corner, making sure the rodent didn't get up for a second go. He looked at Fey, who was shivering now.
"You ok there buddy? It didn't get at you did it?"
Fey looked up at Ken, shaking it's head. Ken held the robot close to him again, trying to comfort the droid. He had lost so many others, he wasn't going to lose Fey either.

Then he realized how loud the rodent had been. Glancing towards the entrance of the cargo hold, he could hear footsteps coming down the hall. He dashed back behind the boxes holding Fey close as he watched the door, whispering Fey instructions.

"They heard that thing coming down here, and they're coming to kill it. But since it's already dead, they'll know we're here. I need you to get on top of the boxes, and watch the door. Once they come through the door, don't let them see you, they'll come for me first. If they have a gun I want you too jump on it when they point it at me. That will give me time to get the gun away from them, maybe take whoever they send at me hostage. If we play our cards right, we can get out of here. Ok?" Fey watched and listened carefully as Ken gave him instructions. Calmed down and focused, Fey nodded his head and jumped up on top of a box of cargo, waiting and watching the door.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:07 pm 

Denn nodded in agreement with his Bothan friend. "Yes. Getting captured by the empire sounds.. Unpleasant." He conveyed an almost implied amount of emphasis on the word. It was true after all. Years have passed since order 66 and Denn did not plan to be claimed as another of its victim yet.
As the miraluk sat there in quiet contemplation while half listening to the music his companion had wafting through the ship a sound from a monitor raised his attention. Upon his friends request he nodded and stood. "Of course.." He sensed something. Something he had missed? He shook his head to clear his mind. Denn refocused and his mistake was made clear. "Hmm call over the intercom. Tell Garrick and Corvyn to let me handle it." It was now clear, without the feeling of impending doom or worse looming over him, that there was one too many collections of thoughts aboard the ship.
Denn walked out of the cockpit and down the narrow hallway which ran the length of the small ship. It was well lit, though like much of the ship its walls were somewhat dirty. This never mattered to him because of his lack of eye sight but he knew what it looked like through the thoughts and feelings of his fellows. Each has a different opinion but that only helps Denn form a clearer picture. After a moment he quickly covered the distance to the sealed cargo hold. The door slide open and in he stepped. He knew he was not alone in there. With a pause, Denn focused. He pinpointed both the boy and his small droids hiding places. "I'm not going to hurt you. That is unless you try to hurt myself or the others of the crew. That might get you hurt. Otherwise, please, do come out. We need to discuss what to do you with you and your little friend." He turned his head up to the top of the cargo containers as if 'looking' at the droid who is not technically visible.