All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:06 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jerex was surprised by the droid. It seemed almost human in its need to answer things in such a needful manner. He could however feel that the droid was not to be trusted fully. It seemed that he hid just a sliver of information. While he had to admit to himself that he was curious, he wasn't sure he wanted to force the droid or his new crew member to spill it all. Besides, it was bigger than Kardai's ship, but it was still a smaller ship. Word would get around to him in its own time.

"Tell me droid, any reason on why he picked you up or as to why you were thrown away? I mean its odd for droid of your skills to just be tossed aside."

He walked around the droid and leaned up against a near by railing, "Tell me about Mr. Tirowe's equipment as well, I don't like surprises on my ships. Nothing worse than having someone get all drunk and show off their wares only to blow them and most of the ship away because they were too dumb to let anyone know they had bombs in their legs or what have you."

Jerex leaned more and watched the Imperial ships flying overhead, noting that there was what looked like a small party of Convoy hunters moving out. This meant that there was a good chance that they would be getting some Galatic Alliance ships soon to raid. It was always nice to strike at them as well. They tended to have more expensive foods and more easily to sell equipment since a lot of it could be passed off as high grade civillian merchandise and equipment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:06 pm 

I have returned

D3 stopped his mental celebration as Jerex continued his questioning. D3 shifted into a stance of awkward embarrassment.

"Well, you see, like I mentioned earlier I have a few personality defects. I can be slightly nervous, often over think things, and I'm prone to miss things under pressure. As you can imagine, these aren't exactly desired traits for a tactician droid.
"My creator sold me to a scrapper, who was going to disassemble me for spare parts. But Tirowe found me while searching for a spare part for his ship. He bought me on the spot for a really good price, and I've traveled with him since. I asked him once why he bought me, and he said that he believed that with the correct training, my learning AI could let me become one of the greatest tactician droids ever."
D3 stopped now, tilting his head back in a thoughtful matter.
"Funny thing is, he didn't know I had the learning AI until after e bought me. I personally think he bought me on one of his hunches. I've found that his hunches are almost always right."

D3 stopped and turned back to face Jerex, his stance now back to one of confidence.
"As for Tirowe's equipment I'll have to write you a list. It would be impractical to list the entire armory here."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 pm 

Kardai listened on with much intrigue. She, like Jerex, had a suspicion that there was more than was being told. One certainly didn’t live as a pirate as long as they both had without having some hunches and gut feelings when dealing with others – even mechanical AIs. Her eyes shifted between the two, then back towards the direction Tirowe disappeared to.

In the back of her mind she was envisioning all kinds of unique implants and procedures going on back there, especially with Jerex’s suggestion of bombs in one’s legs. She chuckled a smirk up before looking back to her piratey companion. Her eyes scanned the droid over a bit more before she made a casual comment.

“When you provide that list, be sure to give details on that nifty hull cutter you two used in the opening engagement. Could be a nifty addition to our arsenal.” Kardai winked, giving Jerex a slight bump as he leaned against the railing before looking back to D3.

“Well droid, do inform your master that we are retreating to find nutrition. Your both welcome to join us, we’ll be at the vendor a few shops down on the left.”

Her eyes glittered with a bit of deviousness as she diverted her attention back to Jerex and smirked, “Pretty certain I smelled Strill skewers on our way in here.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:56 pm 

Jerex nodded towards the droids answers and pushed himself straight off where he was leaning and started to take his place next to Captain Kardai. He shrugged when he heard about the list and offhandedly responded back to the droid, "Good to hear it like the Captian here said, let us know about that little tool. I expect a droid of your caliber to have that list sent off to me before he finishes up. After all you are part of the crew as well. Don't disapoint me, I have faith in you."

Jerex started to walk along with Kardai as the left the droid and his master. Still not sure what he was having done, he was curious if the droid would actually send the list. He then heard Kardai's words on what she was craving, Strill. The things smelt bad enough alive let alone dead. The only thing that could smell worse was Taun Tauns, even then the meat didn't smell funny. Though he had worked with a Mando that had one. Smart beasts, foul smelling, but good partners for a Mando. A lot like them in Jerex's eyes, both had tempers and a want to protect family.

"I honestly don't see what you do in that. They smell bad even after cooking, nothing should smell that bad." He gave her a playful push as he did so.

The smell was bad, but not the worst. Training to become a Stormcommando wasn't easy and some of the stuff he had to deal with as well as train in makes one learn how to make smells not bother one so much. The vendor however had much better looking fare in his mind. He looked over the Nerf-kebabs and some of the nice sides. Ordered up his plate and toke a seat with her at a larger table with his back against the wall. "You think they are telling the whole truth?" he asked as he dove into his food once it was brought to them.
"Something tells me he has other secrets, but we will see I am sure."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:33 pm 

I have returned

D3 visibly relaxed once the two captain left. As he walked back into the mechanist shop, he pulled up the list of Tirowe's equipment, sending it to Jerex through the channel they had used earlier.
When D3 walked in, Tirowe was sitting on the table, his left arm removed and his right eye black. Looking at the droid, Tirowe waved him over with his attached hand.
"So, what do you think of our new captain? I was hooked into your audio the entire time, so I heard it all."
D3 stood next to Tirowe, shifting into a thoughtful stance.
"He's a strong man, rather intelligent, and definitely powerful. And he knows it. He also knows that I'm not telling him everything, he'll likely want to get it all from you at some point or another. So are we going to go get food with them?"

Tirowe nodded, the mechanic reattaching his arm as he did so.
"That's about the same summary I made, though I would add patient to the list, since he didn't insist that you tell him everything now. Most pirates are less so. I'd have to say that we hit the jackpot with him. And yes, we will go and eat with them, I still need to get a read on the girl."
The mechanic reactivated his eye, which returned to a much more normal state. Standing up, Tirowe moved his arm in a wide circle, testing the full range of movement, testing to make sure he could feel his many gadgets and tools. Tirowe handed the man his money, then walked out of the shop, heading towards where the two captains were eating.

Sitting down along side Kardai, sending D3 off to order him his food.
"So, where you two satisfied with D3's answers? Please say that he didn't tell you anything embarrassing." Tirowe gave a smile, leaning back in a relaxed slouch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:00 pm 

Kardai smirked and swayed as Jerex bumped into her, her eyes cut towards him with a grin as she bumped back into him with enough force to make him divert his path just a bit. Her head tilted as she glimpsed towards him with a sly smirk, “You smell that bad after your workouts.” She teased him, “And yet I still manage to find myself nearby.”

Her grin remained as they entered into the shop, sure to her word ordering up a pair of Strill skewers and some variant of vegetable noodle with sauce. After grabbing what only could best be related to a spork and a glass of aqua she joined Jerex at the table, nestling herself in next to him with the assumption that their newest members would be joining them soon she drew one of the skewers to her lips and took a bite, pulling off the strandy meat and chewing it, in mid chew when Jerex asked his question she didn’t waste time on manners as she replied with her mouth full.

“No one ever tells the full truth.” She pointed out, swallowing and then swirling a utensil full of noodles and stuffing them into her mouth followed by a drink of aqua.

Once she’d washed it all down she paused long enough to look back to Jerex again, “Either way, I suppose at the moment the enemy of our enemy is also our friend.” She commented, casting her attention back forward and across the area as D3 and Tirowe entered in.

She wiped her mouth a bit with her napkin and left it bundled in one hand as she rest both of her elbows on the table as Tirowe joined them and inquired as to their line of questioning and the answers they’d received.

Kari smirked a bit and shifted the napkin from one hand to the other as she took a glimpse back towards her partner then back to Tirowe.

“The answers were as expected. I doubt he told us anything we’ll hold against you.” Her grin rose a bit, “ For now.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:23 pm 

Jerex swayed as she bumped back into him and he bounced back into her. Causing her to sway in her own path as the entered into the shop. Smirking at her words in response to his own. He felt her slide in next to him as they stayed and waited, watching her clearly pirate manners spill out into public as she chowed into her food, speaking with her mouth full her words getting lost in the food as she talked. He however could still understand her words as she spoke.

"I agree, I think the droid told us wasn't the whole truth but it was truth nonetheless." He spoke as he toke a more dignified approach to his eating. Taking the time to chew the food and only speak after it had cleared his mouth. If he was going to die, it wouldn't be by choking to death. He continued to eat as she commented on them being allies if just not because they share the same enemy. He nodded in agreement and looked towards his datapad as he heard the chime. The droid did come through. The man did have an extensive list of personal affects and equipment. Much of it seemed to be built into him. Not surprising really. Cybernetics were common enough and if made right could fool scanners into thinking they were part of the design.

"Indeed he did give satisfactory reports. Though his list of all your equipment makes me wonder how much machine there is on you. Must of been one life you lead to have that much metal in place. Please take no offense, but I find myself curious as to your old war stories as they were."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 pm 

I have returned

Tirowe nodded to Kardai, glad that D3 had satisfied her questions. As Jerex asked about Tirowe's past, D3 returned with a small platter of food. About one of everything available was there, just the way Tirowe liked it, as many options as possible. Tirowe sampled a piece of Tantan meat before responding to Jerex.
"Sure, I can tell you a few. However, you must know one thing before I start. I was a very different man in my youth, and my line of work was questionable considering where I am today. You see, I originally made my way as a Jedi Hunter, and one of the best there ever was. I was even contracted to hunt down a rebel cell lead by a Jedi once, though that's another story."

Tirowe picked another piece of meat, it seemed similar to nerf though a bit different. As he did so, he lifted his massive left arm onto the table, placing it down with a noticeable thunk.
"The first cybernetic a acquired was my left arm. I lost it to the first Jedi I ever killed. I blew up and entire tunnel over his head, and assuming him dead got too close. Luckily, light sabers deal any wound they inflict, otherwise I would have bleed to death. That's why they're considered such elegant weapons." Tirowe picked up a piece of meat he couldn't identify, likely something flying.

"The majority of my equipment is stored in this arm. As you can see, there is plenty of room to fit it. I lost my right arm to another Jedi, but that was because he attacked me, thinking I'd be easy if I didn't have a trap set up. I shocked him with my left hand as he did it and used his prize money to get a new arm. I'd say it was a fair trade."

Tirowe picked a small roll, filled with a sweet paste of sorts.
"My right eye is also the cause of a Jedi. He deflected a shot from over 500 meters right back through the scope of my rifle, with his bare hand. After I blew his leg up, and crashed his ship, and blinded him with a toxin. He was easily, the single strongest Jedi I had ever fought. Or maybe just the luckiest, I'll never know"

Tirowe leaned back reflecting on the ghosts of his past. It had been a bit over forty years since he was a bounty hunter. Tirowe grabbed a long, purple vegetable from the tray, chewing on it slowly as he thought.