All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gaia Xeros
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:28 pm 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alex must have saw it wrong, because the knife he shot forward at the thrown bandit did hit him, passing though him and nailing Girien right in the side of his head, piercing his skull. A fatal hit, no question. Even the strongest of people couldn't survive a direct stab to the brain.

Girien smirked as he reached up and pulled out it out, paying the now free flowing blood no mind. And with a quick movement, he stabbed the knife into the charging Larissa's arm, grabbing her punch with her other hand. He smile grew smaller, as he looked around, seeing the people he wanted out getting out. "Okay, I'm bored now. Alaina?" he said, as the girl that had guided to Alex to the bar showed up behind him. "End this. Getting too loud." He ordered, getting a nod in response.

The girl held out her hand, a oddly shaped blade appearing. She slashed it, despite not being closed to anybody. A second pass, and every bandit and raider straight in front of her fell to the ground. Each one was missing a part of their body. A clean cut on every one, like they weren't slashed away, but simply erased. "Sei ruhig!" She barked at them, her nuke disappearing. Everybody else stopped, staring at her and Girien, slowly realizing those two were on their own side.

"Now, then." He said, pushing Larissa back. He looked at her, staring her right in her eyes, and asked with a deadly serious voice.

"Do you want to help me get rid of the man who killed your best friend?"

-------

A half a hour later, Alex stopped, dropping Alan to the ground.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-oh we're away from them." The boy realized, sitting up and dusting the sand off. "Uuhh...t-thanks." He told the courier, smiling. He then shook his head, looking around. Judging from the smoke, that direction was the town they had just came from. "Don't go in that direction. At all." He told himself, taking a look at the three people around him.

"Uhhh...sorry. About all t-that." He stuttered, waving a hand at the town. "It was probably my fault. It usually is." He sighed. He grabbed his head, shaking it. "Gah, none of you probably want anything to do with me, so... can you two tell me if you've seen a kid about this tall, black hair, goes by Zeke? Maybe Ezekiel, these days... Probably haven't, huh? Oh well...thought much." He sighing. "Sorry for wasting your time, and making you have to save me, and making you run after me." He said, turning to Alex, then to Andrew. He then turned to Garret, and looked him over.

"...And I think I'm just sorry for you in general." He without hesitating, as it just came out. His eyes then widen, as he slapped his hands over his mouth. "Oh God oh God oh God I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I didn't mean to it just came out oh God please don't hurt me."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:08 am 

To start off, Alex took a deep breath, trying to let the headache he felt calm down. Carrying someone for a half-hour running, while said person was screaming, and there is an all-out brawl, all leads to a pounding headache. So, he wasn't able to respond to the kid's comments right away. By the time Alan's crack against Garret slipped out, his head felt better enough for him to let an amused smirk form. Although, he sighed and realized he had to step in immediately when the kid started apologizing and begging for mercy. 'Kid needs to have a bit more confidence.'

"Hey, kid, calm down," the courier told. "He's not going to hurt you, if he knows what's good for him. He hits you, I shoot him." He was exaggerating, only a little though. Garret isn't exactly his favorite person right now, mostly because he tried to skip out on playing and then acted like he wasn't. He would have shrugged it off if he admitted to it, he might eventually forgive him if he succeeded. But trying, and then attempting to play it off? Nah, not letting this go for a while. "Now, let's back up a bit. First off, why would you think what happened back there was your fault? From where I was standing, looked a hell of a lot like Girien deciding he was going to be an ass," he started off calmly. "Second point, sorry, I haven't seen a kid like that."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:54 pm 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

The aftermath of Larissa's attack was, all in all, not what she expected.

Her eyes flicked from the knife sunk deep into her arm, to where it had been previously lodged in Girien's skull, to his blocking of her punch, and finally to Girien's face. The suddenly serious expression on his face unsettled her almost as much as the blood dripping down it.

The effect of whatever strange magic that girl possessed missed her- the various members of her crew were not so lucky, as they suddenly found themselves down a limb. They cried out- in pain or surprise, she couldn't tell- and the ones who had lost legs fell to the earth. This, although she was clearly outmatched, was almost enough to drive her to attack again. Instead, she bared her teeth in anger.

And then he asked a question.

And it was a question, Larissa found, that she could not say no to.

-

After running nonstop after the group carrying off Alan, Andrew was surprised to see they had stopped. He halted in front of them, trying to catch his breath. He remained silent as the two had their conversation, trying to re-engage his brain and process what on earth had just happened.

"Sorry," he broke in finally, "but can I ask why you dragged off this random kid? What the heck is going on around here?" He glanced back at the town, which had receded far into the horizon. This day had gone from average to extraordinary in a matter of moments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Garret's trip out of town was at least easier on him physically than it could have been. Running for so long was harsh on the lungs, but riding the gravity distortions that his spear emanated made the escape all the more easier. When the others finally came to a stop, Garret did as well, landing from one final leap and coming to a jogging halt. On the approach toward the others, he turned the polearm over and jammed the blade into the dirt, a move that any respectable weaponsmith would tell one to never do, but damage and consequence were for nerds with ordinary weapons. A few moments after it left his hand, the weapon vanished in a flash of light similar to the one that it appeared in, and his now-empty hand went to a rest on his hip.

"Oi, kid. I doubt it's your fault that a bunch of brutes decided to raid the town. Unless you're some kinda child warlord. No offense, but you don't look that type," Garret said, hoping to reassure Alan a bit. He was rewarded with absolute savagery and third degree burns. It was a bit unexpected, and his expression showed quite a lot of surprise when it happened. "Damn," He muttered, not sure whether to be amused or offended as hell. Worse yet, the courier joined in, with a threat to shoot him at that. Garret frowned, and to defend himself, raised his voice a bit. "Hey, I'm not gonna hit the damn kid!" He spread his arm out in an exasperated motion, letting it fall back down with a huff. At first, he glanced momentarily at Alan, but something weird caught his eye, and he took a closer look. "You feelin' alright? Your eyes look kinda weird. You sick or something?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:05 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"Oh, it's fine." Alan said with a sigh, waving his hands in front of his face. His eyes were purple, with a slight glow. "Just the reason I know everything that just happened was my fault." He continued, his eyes returning to their normal brown coloring. "And please don't shoot him even if he hits me. I don't want anything body ELSE to get hurt due to me." He asked Alex, sighing again as his body drooped. "I'm not worth the trouble."

No, he did not realize how incredibly depressing he was.

He then turned to Andrew, shrugging."It's my fault. Again. I was screaming a lot, surprised you didn't hear it. He was probably trying to make me shut up." He suggested, drooping even more. "...Okay yeah that's getting a bit much." he realized, standing back straight. "Now you're just piling it on, Alan..." he thought to himself, shaking his head. "I figure he rescued me, from, you know, the thousands of angry men with weapons surrounding us." That made the most sense to him, after all. "He's probably not a crazy kidnapper."

And then, he figured he might as well explained himself properly. Why exactly he thought this was all his fault. "Okay, my eyes. They were all glow-y, r-right? That happens when I get scared or upset....I t-think, anyways. Anyways, that always makes people mad at me, for some reason, and they yell at me and call me a....syker, I think that's it. And when that happens, people always seem to be in pain and then bad things happen. And it's always when I'm around, so it's probably always my fault. And that b-big scary guy knew my name, so he was probably there due to me. So it was probably my fault."

He sighed, looking at the town again. "Looks like I really messed up this time... oh well. Sorry for bugging you people. I have a little brother to find." He said, turning around and beginning to walk off. Of course, he just didn't want to be around any more, people got really mad when he said he was a syker sometimes. Best to leave before they got too mad, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 pm 

'A Syker?' Alex thought, feeling a twinge of irritation. Not at the boy, nor at Sykers in general, but how people treat Sykers. The way he sees it, Syker or not, a person is still a person. All the needless hate aimed at Sykers for no reason beyond the fact they are different, or have powers without a Nuke, it all just **** him off. So, it was without a second thought that he patted a hand down onto the young Syker's shoulder, not putting so much strength into it to hurt or anything, but enough to make him pause. "Kid, I don't give a **** about you being a Syker. All I'm seeing when I look at you is a kid that needs help, someone to hold out a hand to you," he told him. "I have no idea why Girien would know your name, but at most, he was targeting you and I have no idea why."

Taking a deep breath to calm down a little, he lowered himself to the kid's level. "A kid shouldn't be having to go through all of this alone, he shouldn't have to look for his brother alone either. I travel from town to town anyway, so there's nothing keeping me from being there for you. Don't," he said firmly, seeing the brown-haired boy open his mouth, most likely to try and say he 'didn't want to be a bother' or something along those lines, "try and dissuade me. Don't claim it would be a bother. You need someone, and I intend to be that someone." Keeping his lone eye on him, the courier let his firm gaze soften somewhat. "I'm Alexander Leons, Alex for short. And you?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:36 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Garret was likewise without any hate towards Sykers. Hell, if everyone else could be an overpowered freak of nature just because they found a fancy weapon, what different was someone who was naturally talented? He frowned, scratching at the back of his head as Alan laid ever-growing piles of depressing commentary onto everyone. "Ah, geez, kid. Look, just 'cause you're not like anyone else doesn't mean all this stuff was your fault. Like, really, why send so many people after one kid?" He paused, and placed his hand onto his face, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Nice ****ing' going, Garret. Tell the kid who's saying he ain't worth all this trouble that he wasn't worth sending a bunch of people to die, either." He thought silently, but followed up with an actual vocal addition to hopefully clarify what he meant. "I mean, you shouldn't blame yourself, is all...Ah, hell. For whatever it might mean, good luck finding your brother."

Intending to put the crazy day behind him, Garret reached into his coat and pulled out the stack of cash that he'd previously tried to take off with. Not wanting to risk his luck again, he split it in half and returned his own share to his inner pocket, while tapping the other one on Alex's shoulder. "Oi, here. Before you accuse me of being a bloody thief again." He let go, assuming the courier would take the hint and catch the money, then turned and started to walk off. At first, it looked like he was making some good distance, as he managed to put about thirty feet between him and the others before he suddenly stopped in place. He looked down, then up, and with a visible huff, placed both hands on his hips and mumbled something to himself. After that, he turned back around and came back, letting his arms return to a more neutral position.

"Screw it, I ain't got anything better to do. May as well lend a hand too. Name's Garret Murdock." He offered a greeting in the form of one of those little upward nods, and looked over the rest of the group. He wasn't sure this was the best idea, but just abandoning the kid to his problems would make him feel bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:02 am 

Andrew frowned. He couldn't actually refute Alan's argument, but that didn't mean he liked it. The revelation that he was a syker was a little surprising, but also sort of a relief- that meant that he probably wouldn't freak out when he learned about Andrew's own abilities. He suppressed a sigh of quiet relief and tried to come up with something to say when Alan suddenly began to charge off again.

"Wait, hang on," Andrew said, running after him, feet kicking up clouds of ever present dust. "It's dangerous traveling by yourself and, well, I don't have anyone to travel with. We could stick together, if you want." He hoped the other boy wouldn't mumble an excuse and run off again- Andrew hadn't really interacted someone close to his own age in a long while, so it would be a welcome change, at least for a while. And tromping around the wilderness alone didn't appeal.

He was surprised when the other two decided to stick around too, albeit one far more reluctantly than the other. A little slowly, he introduced himself as well. "Andrew. Hi." He glanced back at the town in the distance, before turning back to face the group. "So what's the plan?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:49 am 

2nd Year (1)

Alan was silent. When Andrew asked to come with him, he didn't believe it. When Alex demanded to come with him, he couldn't believe it. But when Garret offered, it finally hit the boy. They were serious. This wasn't a joke.

They actually wanted to help him.

He ignored the tears of joy that suddenly forced themselves out, hoping the others would as well. He had more important things to worry about, he realized. "W-well....uh...t-thanks. Thanks. Thank you." He said to each of them in order, stopping when he thanked Garret. "Murdock?....Huh. I think I've heard that before." he muttered. He wasn't sure what else to say. No. He knew he should have told them no, he had to do it himself. That would be the right thing to do. The unselfish thing.

But everybody deserved to be selfish ever now and then, right?

"Well...." He kicked the sand, trying to think. "If we're going to t-travel together....A-" He started, about to say Alex should lead them. But it was HIS brother they were looking for, right?

Everybody deserved to be selfish twice in a row sometimes, right?

"If we're going to travel together, a....and it's my brother we're looking for, I-I should pick where we go, r-right? IF nobody has a problem with it." He said, hoping nobody would notice the fact he obviously changed what he was going to say. "And I pick we go...THERE." He said, pointing forward.

Right at the town that they had just came from.

He spun around, his face red as the spin kicked up sand. He paused for a second, thoughts entering his mind. "wait...going that way is obvious." He realized, suddenly pointing at a slightly different angle. "There. We go there. The way I pointed at to begin with." HE said, walking off and waiting to ignore that forever.

"...Oh! I-I forgot!" He said, spinning around again at the rest of them, smiling at them. He needed a proper intro, right?

"I'm Alan Zwei!"

------

"GAH"

A rather large man cried out in pain, as he toppled to the floor, holding his stomach, red leaking from between his fingers and straining the wooden floor below him. He looked up, his eyes aflame with rage as he looked at the shooter.

A blond girl looked at him with green eyes that only stared cold daggers in return. Her body was covered up with a dusty brown poncho, an equally beaten up cowboy hat atop of hair tied into a long ponytail. She had a old fashioned cowboy revolver pointed at the man, and her face lacked any hint of emotion.

Surrounding them were a decent amount of bodies, all wearing rag-tag outfits put together from scraps, and a number of broken tables, chairs, and beer bottles. To the uninformed, an old fashioned bar fight gone terribly bad. But to the man on the ground, he knew better. This maniac had busted in and begun to shoot the place up, taking careful aim to only hit HIS men. A single girl shouldn't have gave them trouble, but when the bandits hit by the bullets were suddenly thrown back as if a truck had rammed into them, it took the rest of them by enough surprise for the girl to finish them off.

The man let go of his stomach, pushing himself off of the ground. The stare down was never broken, as he spat at her. "Who the hell do you think you are?" He asked

Her stone faced expression broke into a small smile.

"A hundred bucks. Considering your performance..." She paused, looking him over. "Yeah, you're really not worth much." She mocked, cocking the revolver.

---

Alan froze, hearing a gun shot ringing though the air. "U-uh....g-great. " He sighed, his arms dropping. They were at the entrance of a town they had just found, any optimism he had for finding a new town after three days of travel fading. "M...M-maybe we should just move on?" He asked the others

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:26 am 

"Unfortunately, that wouldn't be the best idea," Alex sighed. Already knowing Alan would ask, he already began to explain. "Even ignoring the fact there might be a lead in this town, there's another important detail. Supplies. We simply do not have enough supplies to go back out into the wastelands to find another town, even stretching what we have as thin as possible." To prove his point, he opened his bag, to reveal a small half-full flask of water, a loaf of bread, and his tent.

"As it is, we have to stop at this town, if only to restock." Closing his bag up again, he swung it over his shoulder back into position against his back. "Fact there's gun shots doesn't bode well however, so we should avoid going on our own. That especially goes for you Murdock, because I'm sure you'll find some way to make everyone in town try to shoot you if left alone," he stated, giving Garret a dry look. He might not actively dislike the guy anymore, but he still doesn't particularly like him either.

Out of the corner of his eye however, he took note of the state of the town. Like most towns he comes across, it is quite frankly not the kind of place one would think hospitable. Judging by how nervous many of the people walking around are, the town's either raided often or has been taken over by bandits, namely one of the less friendly groups. The fact he's fairly certain he saw a few forlorn looks when the gunshot filled the air told him that people getting shot wasn't common around here, but wasn't unheard of. Which might mean people getting shot to death, for one reason or another.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 am 

It honestly took a few moments for the gunshot to register as unusual for Andrew- sounds of weaponry was honestly pretty common back home, although when they were staying in a town it wasn't usually for fighting purposes- more for showing off. However, when everyone else stopped, he realized he wasn't in the town his mom ran, which meant that the weapon was probably used for its actual purpose, which was to shoot someone. He wrinkled his nose as he squinted at the town, trying to see if the source of the gunshot was immediately apparent. Maybe it was just one unlucky person in this random town- but that kind of made him nervous too. Was there any law enforcement in this town?

"Well, all right," Andrew said dubiously. "Let's just get in and get out as fast as possible." He adjusted the straps of the bag and began to move forward into town with the others.

-

"Did you hear that?"

"I hear a lot of things. Be specific."

"Um, duh- the gunshot, stupid."

"Hannah, you should treat your teachers with a little more respect," Ira said tiredly, frowning down at his pupil. The girl had been restless all day, and while the man could understand her frustrations at another day's trek through the desert, he couldn't excuse her poor attitude.

She snorted, and flipped a dark braid over her shoulder. "Well, I would, if my teachers would actually teach me anything."

It was the beginning of a common argument that Ira recognized, but irritatingly still felt the need to respond to. "Your teachers try to teach you things, but it is very difficult when you do not listen. Hold still, for heaven's sake. What gunshot?" He grabbed her shoulder, keeping the girl from charging forward.

Hannah turned back to him, lip out in a prominent pout. "I heard a gunshot. I think it came from the town up ahead."

Ira sighed and rubbed his brow. This was far from what he wanted to hear. He had been planning to spend a night in this town, and now he wasn't even sure that he wanted to enter it. "Brilliant. Are there any other towns in walking distance?" He already knew there wasn't, but from a side pocket he produced a dusty map that was mostly inaccurate.

"Oh no, come on, please, this is the most excitement we've had in days," Hannah said. She grabbed at his wrist, keeping him from looking at the map. "Besides, I'm sick of the desert, and we need supplies."

He looked down at her. His apprentice was a short, dark complexioned girl dressed in a red dress and brown boots with a black cloak on top, and dark brown hair tied up in two braids. She was getting taller, a sign of her fourteen years of age, but she certainly didn't act any older. The idea of bringing her into a town where gunfire was a factor didn't appeal. But he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. "All right," he said finally, pulling his wrist away from her. "But you must behave. No spells, unless acting in self defense, in which case actually use defensive spells. And lay low. Stay with me. Consider this a way of proving yourself."

"Yes," she said with obvious excitement. She almost began to plunge away from him, but then forced herself to stop, obviously remembering one of his commands. Casually, Hannah dropped back next to him, hands clasped behind her back. Ira sighed and pulled up the deep blue hood of his cloak, covering his dark hair and face. Hopefully this would go without too many problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:42 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Garret half-smiled. Of course Alan had heard the name before. Garret Murdock was one of the best monster hunters throughout Europe, and he wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone that. Whether it was entirely true or not wasn't as clear, but he made a decent amount of rounds throughout the countryside and had slain quite a few nasty beasts. That had to count for something. But, bragging aside, there were places to go and things to do. He watched for a few moments as Alan went in the wrong direction, then picked a seemingly random one. Well, whatever. Anywhere was better than that place.

When Alan introduced himself, Garret shot him a thumbs up. "Nice to meet ya, kid."

-----

In town, the sound of gunfire was a greeting. Garret rested a hand on his hip and huffed. "One hell of a welcome," He said with a grunt. Oh well. Someone getting shot probably still wasn't as bad as a horde of bandits. At least it was only one shot. He was about to start forward again, when Alex decided to make a quip at him. With a raised eyebrow, he pondered the comment for a moment, then simply nodded and closed his eyes. "Yeah, you're right. These people might actually be dangerous. I bet they can actually see where they're shooting." Petty rivalry seemed to be sowing its seeds. What a great start to the adventure.

Insults being thrown aside, he took up a more defensive position, moving slightly in front of Alan. "Alright, restocking. Ain't too big a deal, just stay away from the places you hear loud pops at. Mailman, you been around more than most of us, I'd bet. Let's get to the shop as soon as we can." He directed the last sentence at Alex, then turned to keep eyes on the general direction the gunshot had come from. He didn't want to have to fight again so soon after the huge kerfuffle they'd been in before, but if anyone came at them with a gun, he wouldn't waste a second getting ready for another brawl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:36 pm 

2nd Year (1)

"....Is this where I say "kiss already", or something?" Alan asked, watching Alex and Garret snapping at each other, pretty sure this wasn't the time for it. "B-but yeah...get supplies, t-then leave. That's w-what we'll do!" He nodded, looking at the direction the shot came from. He then looked at the other direction, noticing a shop. "Hey! There's one right over there." He pointed out to the others. They could easily stop in, grab stuff, and get out!

"Let's hurry up, so...we...can." He started, something slowly dawning on him. What if whoever shot came this way? He was sure Alex and Garret could take care of it, but there was still something that worried him. What if one of them still got hurt? It would have been his fault, after all. He had asked them to come along, after all! "Plus...I...why do I want to know who did it? Probably just a bandit, but...only one shot? " He thought to himself. Something felt off to him about that. With those two things in mind, and the fact he wanted to repay the group for helping him, he came to a decision.

"Alright. You guys go buy supplies. I'll go make nobody comes to bother you." He told them, running off in the direction of the gunshot before anybody could say anything.

----

The blond girl left the bar, licking her lips. Despite her cold demeanor, she was quite excited to get paid. It wasn't much, but she didn't have many needs, so it all worked out in the end.

She just had to take her proofs of the kill to the lo-

"Whaa!"
"GAH"

She crashed to the ground, some brown hair kid crashing into her. "Get the HELL OFF ME." she yelled, pushing him off.

"Wha! Sorry!" The kid said, scurrying backwards off of her. "I-it was an accident!"

"Watch where you're going, idiot! And what the hell is with your voice, what's the weird accent?" She asked, glaring at him and crossing her arms. "Give me one reason not to shoot your dumb ass right here!" She reached for her gun, not planning on actually shooting a kid. Just scaring him a bit, teach him to watch where he was going. Nothing wrong with that, she figured, built character.

"D-Don't! I'm s-sor- wait. Shoot me? Where you the person that just fired a few minutes ago?" Alan asked, gulping. He looked the girl over, suddenly realizing she was about as old as he was. A year or so older, maybe? He wasn't expecting that, but he wasn't surprised. He's heard of some younger people do worse.

She raised an eyebrow, biting her lip in annoyance. "Yeah, I was. What is it to you?" Who was this kid, and why was he asking her all of these questions. Okay, the one question, but that was one too many! Besides, not like she was the first person to shoot a gun in this place.

Alan stared at her, before slowly reaching down and picking up some sand. He looked at the sand, then at the girl, and figured it was too late to stop now.

So he threw the sand into her face.

There was a few seconds of silence. Absolutely no sound passed between the two, as the girl wiped the sand out of her face. They stared at each other, Alan wondering why his legs suddenly decided to not work. He had planned on them moving quite well, so this was troublesome!

"...GAH!" The girl yelled, lunging at him. He moved out of the way, falling to his knees, trying to force himself up. "GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE CRETIN." She turned around, as Alan run off, screaming his head off. She wasn't going to hurt him before but now she was going to beat that punk until he couldn't move! Who the hell was he, to just throw sand in her face like that. She was half tempted to shoot him, but he wasn't worth wasting bullets on!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Was the ONLY thing coming out of Alan's mouth as he run as fast as he could, moving past two people who he didn't noticed, a hooded man and a younger girl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 pm 

At Garret's not at all subtle crack about his eye, Alex gave the man a quick glare, before turning his attention back to the matter at hand. The courier admittedly was a bit more annoyed by Alan's question, but he wasn't about to snap at a kid and so bit back the retort he was tempted to make. So, he instead chose to focus on the shop said kid spotted. "Good spot, shouldn't take too long to find e-" he stopped mid-sentence and turned back to Alan in surprise when he ran off. "Dammit kid," he muttered, already in motion to go after him. "Murdock, keep an eye on Andrew!" He shouted over his shoulder, not about to leave one kid alone while he's chasing the other one.

Partway through his running after Alan, he frowned as he felt a sudden tinge of dread. "My idiot senses are going off, someone's did something stupid... Dammit Alan, what the hell did you do?!" As much as he wanted to assume it was Garret being dumb, he would be deluding himself if he assumed it wasn't Alan, who was already doing something stupid by running towards the gunshot from earlier. 'Somehow, I get the feeling that I'm going to be going through this a lot,' he thought to himself, picking up speed. Honestly, the prospect of people doing something stupid, and then him having to fix the mess often, was not exactly a fun thought. Upon hearing a very loud scream, he shelved the thought process, eye narrowing as he forced another burst of speed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:07 pm 

Andrew was honestly astounded at how fast Alan charged off into the thick of danger. “Alan-“ he began, beginning to move after him. He then realized that he would be making the exact mistake as Alan. Admittedly it would be the less drastic mistake on his part than Alan’s, but it certainly wouldn’t look good, and he wasn’t sure he wanted to advertise the fact that he was invincible to gunshots. He stepped back quickly to Garret’s side and watched Alex charge after Alan.

“Do, you, uh,” he asked, eying Garret out of the corner of his eye, “wanna go after them. Or.” He felt vaguely guilty about the fact that he was staying out of it, but he was frankly a little tired of serving as target practice.

As they walked into town, Ira realized wearily that this was obviously not going to be as simple as he hoped. It wasn’t a big town, so them happening across trouble was more than a little likely. And of course Hannah was after trouble, so she was likely to go careening into it.

She ended up not needing to go out of her way, though- they had barely been in town five minutes when a boy went hurtling past them, screaming at an impressive volume or pitch. Ira reached out to grab his apprentice to keep her from doing anything she shouldn’t, but was distracted from doing so when an angry blonde woman ran into him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:04 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Admittedly, Alan's quip was pretty good. Garret sort of snorted in amusement, moving on past the argument after that. He also nodded along with the plans for a quick supply run. "Yup. In, out, no problems. S'long as we stay away from the side of town the guns are going off at, we should be fine." And, naturally, Alan decided to check out what was happening. "You know, I don't think that's-" Garret began, stopping as the kid turned and took off, out of earshot almost immediately. "The best idea. Damn it."

He stayed put, halfheartedly throwing a somewhat sarcastic salute after Alex took off after the kid. Simple enough 'orders,' as Garret had no plans to go running into gunfire that day. "Yeah, yeah, sure. Try not to get shot!" He called out, just before the courier was out of sight. With a huff, Garret crossed his arms, looking skyward for a moment before he just turned around and started to walk off toward the store.

Andrew's question was answered succinctly. "Nope." He kept walking for a few feet, but stopped to make sure the kid was keeping up. "One kid risking being shot's enough for one day. Let's just get what we need so we can leave by the time those other tossers get back. C'mon now." Without another word, he stepped into the shop, and casually began to look through the wares on the shelves.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:24 am 

2nd Year (1)

"Does ANYBODY in this ****ing town LOOK AT WHERE THEY'RE GOING?" The blond woman screamed, trying to stop herself from toppling to the ground when she run into Ira. She stepped back, her breath heavy and her face red with anger. She took a few seconds to breathe, trying to calm down, even if it was just the smallest bit. "Calm down Jane..." She told her self, closing her eyes. "Alright. Sorry for running into you sir NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY." She pushed past the older man, not even noticing the young girl with him. "Where did that annoying br-" She stopped right after she had gotten past Ira, seeing Alan standing right there, shaking as he...raised up his fists? "What. Weren't you just running away?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah. Yes? Yeah, I-I was running away." Alan answered, trying to cover his face with his fists while looking like he was gearing up for a fight. He was doing a bad job of this.

"Why did you stop?" Jane asked, holstering her gun. Now she was just confused.

"I...I don't know. I do not know why I stopped. S-seemed like a good idea at a time?" He answered, suddenly realizing something. He was an idiot. He also realized he was lying though his teeth, oddly enough. He was afraid that this insane screaming banshee of a woman would shoot the man she just run into, and he wanted to stop her if she tried. That was exactly the reason he had stopped, so why couldn't he bring himself to say it?

The girl was looking at him like an idiot, a look of complete dumbfoundedness on her face. So, he figured, no better chance to ask questions... and not get shot, hopefully! "H-Hey! Why did you fire that gun? And W-who did you shoot?" He gulped, locking eyes with her, taking every fiber of his being not to look away when she glared back. "Because if you shot somebody for no reason, my friends aren't going to like that!" Which was a silly thing to say. He didn't have friends and the people he traveled with wouldn't give a ****. But she didn't know that! Lying would be a most excellent super power, he figured, if he did not already have one. One he was hoping he would suddenly learn how to use on command, on that note. Giving people incredibly painful headaches helped in running away!

"Bandits. Outlaws. Bad people." She said each world slowly, as to make sure he fully understood. AS she herself begun to understand what was going on, she felt a mix of amusement and more anger. This idiot had thought SHE was a bandit? The very idea was laughable to her. But she also had sand threw into her face so she still wanted to hurt him. "Now, give me one good reason NOT to beat you into the ground, you moron." She asked, ignoring any scene she was making. She didn't particularly care if somebody saw her being mean to this dumb child, after all! Granted, she didn't stop to think that maybe somebody else would care that she was doing it. She wasn't exactly the wisest cowgirl in Western Europe, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:27 am 

"Would I be a good reason?" A voice asked, clearing his throat. The source? None other then Alex, with a distinctly dry look on his face. As soon as he had heard Alan's first scream, the courier had hauled ass to catch up, because the kid can run seriously fast when he puts his mind to it and thus he had some distance to cover. At first, he thought he was going to have to pummel, and maybe shoot, someone. And then he finally caught up, and saw that the person the kid had found while investigating... Was another kid, around his age.

A kid who had crashed into someone wearing a hood, visibly forced herself to calm down, and then there was that little exchange where somehow the whole thing was all but defused. A situation that probably could have been avoided if Alan had asked in the first place. So now, he's gone from 'ready for a fight' to 'dealing with a couple of rowdy kids'... It was probably too much to ask, but right now, he hoped Garret was also having kid trouble right now. If only so that he's not suffering alone.

---

(Optional Background Music: Wild Arms 3 OST- A Person's Warmth)
"Let's see, what else do we need?" A young man muttered, scratching his head through the wild mess of silver hair on his head. He was about average in height, and was pretty skinny all things considered. Hearing the door open, his brown eyes glanced over to notice a man enter the store with someone a year or two younger then him. In that glance, his brain quickly went over the details. The younger guy honestly didn't look all that much at a first glance, but at the same time he could tell he had a bit of steel to him. He didn't seem particularly worried... Well, he did, but not worried, not like someone who's not used to the sounds of violence would have been after the tell-tale noise earlier.

'Gunshots probably aren't anything new to him,' he thought to himself, before his thoughts turned to the older man. His first opinion, the man didn't seem too bright. Don't get him wrong, he wasn't saying the man was stupid or anything, just not smart. His second opinion however could be summed up with one word. 'Skilled. Definitely skilled,' the silver-haired young man concluded. With that quick analysis done, he turned his attention back to what he was doing, mostly to avoid drawing attention and starting trouble. He could probably fight his way out if he needs to, but he honestly doesn't want to. Not while he's restocking supplies. Of course, he had no doubts that the older man at least noticed anyway. But, appearances matter sometimes. "Ah, that's right. Need some of this," he said to himself, grabbing a can off the shelf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:49 am 

Ira stumbled away from the woman, shielding Hannah from her- primarily to keep his short tempered apprentice from starting a fight. He had half a mind to pick a fight himself, but was distracted by the same thing the rude woman was.

He watched the exchange unfold in front of him in mild exasperation. He wasn’t exactly fond of either of the two- a foul mouthed, short tempered woman brandishing too many guns for his tastes or a short, stammering child who spouted utter nonsense. However, he couldn’t exactly condone picking on a child, so he begrudgingly began to come to the defense of the meeker of the newcomers. However, before he could begin to speak, someone else spoke up.

Ira was privately relieved at the newcomer. Maybe now he could just go about his business, now, and get his apprentice to maybe actually help him with the errands they needed to run.

Hannah tugged his sleeve before he began to move away. “Hey, shouldn’t we stay and help defuse the situation?” She said it in a way that implied she wasn’t exactly sure what defused meant but knew it was the right thing to say. It was something he had said to her before. Ira sighed, and stopped to see how the rest of the event would play out.

Andrew followed Garret in quiet relief, glad for an excuse. He looked around the store. Peaceful, run by a bored looking shopkeep with a variety of mediocre wares. It took him a moment to put a finger on what seemed weird. It was too peaceful, at least compared to what he was used to. Usually the towns they stayed in were on edge from the unusual presence of bandits (or rather, Larissa). This was one change he was glad for. “Are we looking for anything in particular?” He asked. He was distracted by movement in the corner of his eye, and glanced over to a young man with silver hair browsing the shelves as well. Andrew frowned. It could have been just him, but he felt like the man had been observing them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:08 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Garret browsed the shelves with some interest, trying to pick out what good things he could from them. Cans and old bottles were stocked up, and some pitiful-looking home grown vegetables accompanied them. Not impressively sized, and probably none too tasty, but any sustenance was useful out in the dead wastelands. Casually, he plucked what appeared to be a woefully undersized bunch of celery off the shelf, giving it a light squeeze to see if it still had any firmness left to it. It was joined by a few cans of what were probably beans, along with some water.

His attention went from the shelves to Andrew when he spoke up. Nestling his choices under his arm, he turned his head to answer, choosing a box of some sort of corn-based flour next. "Not really. Just stuff to keep us alive on the road. Taste would be a nice bonus if we can afford it. You got any preferences?" He asked, looking at the back of the box. He wondered how long ago the box was made to still have print on it. Didn't much matter, as long as it could be eaten without poisoning them. It was added to the growing pile of food under his arm, and he absentmindedly thought aloud. "Wonder what kind of things that Alan kid likes."

Moving on from the food aisle, he began checking out other supplies like tools and ropes. Many were handmade, some obviously by different people and in heavily different areas of quality. A basic metal knife seemed a good draw. Garret picked it up and looked over the blade, which appeared to be hand forged and made from something pre-existing, and the handle, a mere wrapping of some sort of cord around the tang.