All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tɧɘ Ғσᶃ [IC]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:18 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

There was a bit of hesitation in his actions, but only because he dreaded being inside. The only time the wolfman had ever been inside had been within the den he shared with his pack. That had been a hovel in the ground, warm and safe this was made by men. It smelt weird and put his sisters on edge, which did not help to get him to relax any further. If it was not for the bit of meat that he was given to share with them, he doubted he would have been able to convince them to enter. As it was, their bulk was daunting and intimidating to those who resided within the base. Large mutated wolves were often avoided or shot on sight, these two walked the halls as if they owned the place and it unsettled people.

The rock man led them to the doctor and Ruffus could not help the slight snarl that came to his lips when the doctor approached him. Sure, he needed help, but a part of him was still wild and was not entirely comfortable with letting him just poke about at him. If not for the reassuring presence of the goliath of a man with the meat Ruffus doubted he would have stuck around and instead just ran off into the wild to try and fend for himself. Even if the doctor said he would have died eventually on his own, a part of him would like to think that would not have been the case. A grunt and grumble at the wolves, the two tried to find a place where they would be less in the way as he planted himself down on a bed and waited to be seen. Seen by the masked man who could disappear and reappear on a whim…apparently. Something that was not normal.

Just before he could do much to him, a commotion occurred that had Ruffus rolling back on the bed to hide behind it. Even with the gesture from the doctor that he would be just a moment, Ruffus was set to bolt from the room the second he got the chance, only to be caught up in the scene of doctor aiding a sick man.

His….hand went into….

It was just about all that he could stand and he was ready to run only to have the doctor return to him. A sharp pain in his side halted his attempt to vault the bed and run. Which left him at the mercy of the body invading doctor who started to clean his wounds. “Don’t go in me….ok?” his weak attempt to tell the doctor of his wishes as he watched the actions of his healer like a hawk. If he started to go all weird and black smoke stuff, Ruffus would get the hell out of there.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm 

Medals: 5
Original Character (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

Rock Hammer simply nodded his head as Stefan went to work on Ruffus. Rock hammer figured he should stay and make sure Ruffus didn't wonder off, but before he could be treated for his injury a lot of things happened. Viktor and Darren were brought into the infirmary, clutching their guts and head. Rock Hammer just thought maybe they drank too much, but then Stefan did a... Strange thing to Viktor, which Rock Hammer could only describe as "punching into Viktor's stomach". He summarized that Stefan was some sort of mutant. Rock Hammer wasn't one to judge others, but even he found that to be strange. Medicine was offered to Viktor and Darren, but Darren was refusing to use it.

That's when Liliana arrived. Rock Hammer was initially happy to see her and wanted to thank her for advising him on how to deal with Ruffus, but what he saw Liliana do next made Rock Hammer rather uneasy. She grabbed him on the chest, and Rock Hammer initially thought she was going to push him. But instead Rock Hammer could plainly see that Liliana grabbed some of Darren's flesh and twisted it, hard. Rock Hammer had seen raiders to similar things to women, and they too screamed in pain only to be muffled with a firm grip. An evil thing to do to be sure, and it made Rock Hammer rather wary of Liliana. How strange for a gargantuan monster like himself be fearful of the fairly petite and unassuming girl like Liliana.

Rock Hammer covered his own chest. Fortunately his nipples were covered by slabs of bear meat, but nonetheless he could feel Darren's pain. Others arrived, such as Magpie, and Ruffus himself was now ready for Stefan to treat him. Rock Hammer kept an eye on Magpie, as she seemed to have some sort of violent history with Ruffus. Rock Hammer didn't really know the details and the voices in his head were going crazy about Liliana's vicious attack, and for once it was actually distracting Rock Hammer. He normally saw Liliana as a nice girl who didn't try to hurt him despite being caught in a weak moment. But seeing her do such a cruel thing to Darren... Rock Hammer wasn't certain what to think.

Regardless he needed to stay here for now. Moving out of the way so no one had to squeeze past him, Rock Hammer to a seat on the floor where the area was empty. Now seemed like a good time for him to sniff his flowers- That's when Rock Hammer realized he didn't have his booklet. The small book that Rock Hammer had so many pressed flowers in was not on his person. He began to panic; where could he have lost it? Did her drop it back at Moscow? While they were on the trucks? Did that little girl steal it from him?

"Someone has it here! My Precioussss. AAAAAAAUGH! Take care of the box and it'll take care of you. I need my blanket! I admit it! Look at all of you! What vas that, Sandvich? Who among you doesn't have an insecurity? 'Kill zem all?' Good idea! Hahahaha! Treat your cardboard box with care. Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love... Who among you doesn't depend on someone, or something, to help you get through the day? Don't be rough, okay? "

Rock Hammer began to blubber incoherently under his breath, hugging his legs and darting his eyes across the room. It was just now that he realized how many people had started to gather around the infirmary, and Rock Hammer worried that he was in trouble again. His hands twitched, checking his body for his book, hoping that maybe he just misplaced it. Soon he ended up reaching for the only other thing that gave him comfort: His Rock Hammer. He held the giant club close in hand, it being the only thing stopping him from storming out of this room and looking for his book.

"My book... Where is my book... Sweet dandelions, where are you..."

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Join me... And fulfill the oath.

And the blanks with your Username.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:04 am 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)

Even though she had been told to make herself at home, Inga couldn’t make herself feel comfortable in the room. She shifted awkwardly in place as the adults in the room began to disperse. The small dog in her arms began squirming uncomfortably again, distracting her from wondering what to do. She made a face and placed him on the floor. “Happy?” She muttered to the pup, patting his round head almost automatically.

She straightened up and crossed her arms, eyes flicking around the room again- only to notice, out of the corner of her eye, a movement on the table. She focused on it, not out of any particular interest but on instinct- and realized that it was a knife, sliding across the table on its own momentum. She watched in muted astonishment as it slid into Niko’s bag. The woman then walked away, hastily grabbing a few more items as she moved with the rest of the group.

For a moment, Inga just stood there in stunned silence. Logically, she knew it wasn’t really that surprising- she’d met people with weirder powers in the last few days, but it still surprised her every time. Part of her remembered her meeting Viktor- she had fallen, hadn’t she? And then she had just sort of… Frozen. In mid air. Maybe Niko had been there, and that was why that had happened. That had to have been it. She didn’t remember her being there, but it was the only solution that Inga wanted to consider. Hastily, she ran out of the room to pursue Niko and the rest of the group, dog trailing behind her.

However, she didn’t exactly just want to demand answers from Niko in front of everybody, especially a bunch of Stalkers she didn’t know, so she ended up just following her to the library. She read the sign and was briefly distracted. Could more of the books she was looking for be in this room? She entered dubiously, eyes scraping the shelves. There were so many books- surely at least one of the books was here. Inga drifted over to the nearest shelf and began pawing through the books that were at her eye level, but was distracted by the dog’s barking. She began to hush it, but then realized it wasn’t at her feet. She looked up and saw it stumbling towards Niko. Hastily, Inga ran over and scooped the dog off the ground and managed to calm him down. She had never been in a library, but quiet always seemed important in the books she had read that had libraries.

Finding herself close to Niko again, Inga stared at her a little uncertainly for a while. Suddenly realizing the woman was probably about to say something to her, since she had obviously been staring at her, she blurted out, “did you move the knife across the table?” It was said quietly, but still loud in the silent library. “Because…” She continued, a little quieter. “I… I was wondering who saved me… when I fell from the tree, and maybe it was you? But…” As she said this, she grew more and more certain Niko hadn’t been there when she had first met most of the group. “But you weren’t there,” she finished, looking away in embarrassment.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:32 pm 

eyy, senpai!

GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

During the initial cleaning, Stefan looked back over his shoulder to watch the scene with Darren and Liliana. He was impressed with the woman's firmness, and while her methods were a bit out there, she got results. As Darren started to empty his stomach after the medicine had been forcibly administered, Stefan turned around again, raising a hand to make an announcement. "I like her. She knows what she's doing." Whoever she was, he'd make it a point to have a chat with her later. He could use another assistant in the operating room, after all.

With all that taken care of, Stefan turned his attention back to the raggedy man covered in dirt and gashes. He noted a look of hesitance, and at his request, he simply chuckled. "Oh, don't worry. As long as there's nothing embedded in any of these cuts, there won't be any need for that. Now, these are all pretty bad, so you're going to need a bit more treatment than I thought." He carefully examined the largest of the deep cuts, frowning slightly under his mask. "It's nothing that some disinfectant and stitches won't fix, but you're going to need to be careful for a while. And you'll definitely need to keep clean." Stefan moved one of Ruffus's dreadlocks over the back of his shoulder, flicking his fingertips away to shake off stray dirt that had been left on his gloves.

He noticed that the office had attracted quite the audience, including another newcomer and an old friend. "Quite the show being put on today, isn't it?" He joked, gathering a supply pack from a shelf. Once more, Ruffus was addressed as he unzipped the bag and set it on the bed beside him. "We've got some good things in this time. Top quality. With injuries like these, you should consider yourself lucky. Now then, I just need to do a few more things and you'll be free to go." A can of some sort of aerosol medicine was plucked from the first aid kit, and after a vigorous shake and an opening of the cap, he sprayed it onto Ruffus's wounds that had been cleared of dirt. The spray began foaming on contact with the exposed flesh, and would produce a sort of warm tingle before numbing the nerves underneath the sundered skin.

"That'll keep them nice and infection-free, and the numbing is going to be useful for what comes next." Stefan set aside the first aid spray, and prepared a surgical suture on a curved needle, with scissors to cut it down to length once the wounds were closed. "You should be mostly numb, but it may still hurt a little in places that weren't saturated with the spray. It won't be anything worse than what gave you the wounds. Just a little pinch." With the warning given, he began to stitch Ruffus's wounds closed, going at each one by one, taking great care to avoid using too much of the string while still keeping the wounds tightly shut.

When he finished, he took a step back to admire his handiwork. "That should do it. Now then, don't go scratching at them or stretching too much. If any of these reopen, come back to me immediately and we'll fix them up again. If you want to rest here for a while, that's fine. If not, the showers are at the end of the hall. The cleaner you are, the less chance of any more infections there are. Just do us a favor, and don't bring those dogs in. It's hell to clean out some of these old pipes."

With Ruffus all stitched up, Stefan turned his attention to the door as yet another patient was brought in on a stretcher. "Did I miss a war or something? Where are all these bodies coming from?" Stefan scooped up his medical equipment, and directed the Stalkers carrying the large man in toward one of the tables. When he was lowered onto it, he examined him closely, grimacing at some of the wounds that he had. He seemed to have been given some very basic first aid, but there was still much to be done for him. Stefan used more of his first aid spray to make sure the wounds were completely disinfected, then began to stitch him up.

-----

During the encounter between Darren and Liliana, Viktor just sort of stared, slightly horrified by the events that transpired. He crossed his arms tightly over his chest, cringing and closing his eyes when the pectoral devastation occurred. "Holy ****," He muttered quietly, inching around the room so that he put distance between himself and the table that Darren was left laying on. He ended up near the door frame, leaning against the wall where Magpie and Nikita came into the room from.

"You know, when I brought you guys here, I wasn't expecting this." Viktor directed it at Magpie, continuing after Liliana had left. "She really doesn't **** around, eh?" He watched in a mixture of amusement and concern, considering an approach toward Darren after he finished emptying his innards. The blood was more than a little concerning, but he put it down to the forced entry of the vial into his mouth. Probably nothing internal. But, that was more Stefan's forte, so he'd let the good doctor do his thing without getting in the way.

Really, it wasn't the most surprising thing that had happened since his departure from base a few days ago. More had happened in the past couple days than had in a couple months, at least in terms of things that really stuck with him. He had to admit, crazy and hectic and occasionally tragic as the journey home had gotten, he liked these folks. Sure, he didn't really get the chance to talk to all of them yet, but they seemed like decent enough people. At the very least, none had held him at gunpoint yet, so that instantly helped win him over. He spoke again after things in the medical room calmed down, addressing Nikita.

"You missed a hell of a lot out there, man. Next time you're not stuck with deliveries, you've got to come with me one of these times. You wouldn't believe some of the **** that's happened." He still had to speak to the person who'd given him the job in the first place to get paid for it, but for now, relaxing was more of a priority. Still, he didn't want to miss out on his cut of the hunt's funding, especially not after everything else that went down alongside it. He almost left the room, but stopped himself when Rock Hammer started to act strange again.

"Oh ****, not in here," He thought, slowly approaching Rock as he mumbled to himself and gripped his weapon in a manner that was hard not to look threatening, even despite its intention. "You feeling alright, big guy?" Viktor asked, his stance cautious as he stopped a good three feet away from him. Obviously not enough to avoid any errant swings of the concrete maul if he decided to go on another rampage, but still, it felt like a good idea to give him some personal space. When he mentioned the book, not really to anyone in particular, Viktor paused.

The book, the book...That journal that Rock had flung at him in the metro, maybe? Old leather, paper, and dried flowers luckily didn't make for a deadly projectile even with the force that the giant could produce, but it had still hurt quite a bit when it struck him. Viktor thought it was worth a chance giving it back if it prevented another destructive freak out, so after feeling over his jacket's multiple pockets, he found the one he'd stowed the improvised weapon in after it was tossed at him, and pulled it out to offer it to Rock. "This thing, yeah? You hit me pretty damn good with it back in the tunnels." He shrugged a little, and held it out toward him. "Good arm."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:29 pm 

Rock hammer rocked back and forth, waiting. The voices in his head were speaking with the voices in the room. It was hard to parse them out. Rock Hammer couldn't hear anyone because he didn't know who was speaking and who was just talking in his head. Things got harder to hear when there was a buzzing noise ringing in his ears. It was like a drill, and Rock Hammer didn't even know what a drill was. He shifted his grip on his Rock Hammer, as if anticipating something. What was he waiting for? He didn't know exactly, just something. He'd know it when he saw it.

Then Viktor came over. Rock Hammer didn't know why he was here. For a moment Rock Hammer didn't even know who Viktor was. Truth be told, even if Rock Hammer did remember the Stalker, the mutant didn't know him very well. As far as Rock Hammer knew Viktor was just another human with a gun. And in this instance, just a man trying to say something. "What?" Rock Hammer said almost aggressively as Viktor got closer. Rock Hammer felt threaten, shifting his weapon in a preparatory way. Then he saw Viktor reach for something, and Rock Hammer flinched.

Rock Hammer's hand burst forth, snatching the book from Viktor with startling speed. Rock Hammer immediately stuck the book close to his nose and took a deep whiff. With it, all the noise around him grew quiet. The aroma of his book allowed Rock Hammer's mind to empty, giving him a sense of euphoria that for once, let him be at peace. He was floating through the air above the skies of Russia, the wind in his face but the sun on his back. He could see the world around him, and it... Didn't look so bad. Covered with clouds and under a bright, golden sun, it was almost serene. Almost, because he could see down below, underneath the clouds, evil. Raiders, demons, mutants, and suffering. Just an physical concept of suffering, bringing destruction across the lands. This was unacceptable to Rock Hammer. He could not let this evil continue as it were. He took a deep breath and fell from the heavens and took out his hammer. But it was not like the Rock Hammer which he was named after; no, it was something more magnificent. It was as if the head of his weapon had become a shining star, a bright light which broke through the darkness. A radiance that cracked the sky and brought with it daylight. It was Rock Hammer's Morning Star, and it would smite evil.

When Rock Hammer stopped huffing his book, his glassy eyes returned to his reality. Things were quieter. Viktor was still standing in front of Rock Hammer. He seemed confused. Or maybe Rock Hammer was confused? At least that much was certain. He wasn't entirely sure what to say, so he had looked towards Liliana, expecting her to say something despite the fact she was gone. Because in Rock Hammer's eyes, she was still standing over the man she brutally attacked. She seemed contemplative and looked up at Rock Hammer. But in the blink of an eye, she was gone. This left Rock Hammer very confused. He looked between Viktor and where Liliana was, as if he was suppose to answer the question Rock Hammer hasn't asked. The voices were coming back and Rock Hammer didn't want their thoughts bothering him, so he simply started smelling his book, letting it's sweet memories take him away from this situation.

Once he was sufficiently high off the rank aromas, Rock Hammer spoke up. "Thaaaaanks." His voice seem to have droned down at the end of his statement, his grip on his Rock Hammer loosening to the point that it fell over, knocking over a chair. He didn't seem to notice. "Whooo do.... You doooo?"

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:37 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

You have a guest the voices spoke echoing off each other as Inga stared uncomfortably at Nikolav. Looking up from her book the voices in her head swirled and argued over what they thought Inga was going to say she hates us, no she's going to ask for a favor, maybe she wants that knife for herself. As Nikolav was about to speak Inga spoke up surprising the taller girl. Nikolav listened as the girl spoke, her eyes squinting slightly as Inga mentioned falling from a tree.

"oh, you noticed the knife did you? I was hoping to keep that mind trick a secret for now, don't go telling anyone ya hear? A girl's got to have her secrets after all. And nah kid, that wasn't me. I didn't join with you all until the underbelly. Besides, my mind trick only lifts up to five pounds sadly, and not to be rude, but you look a lot heavier than that." Niko said, her eyes scanning over Inga. "Unless of course Viktor hasn't been feeding ya." Nikolav chuckled at the thought. "But maybe someone nearby saved you, or maybe Viktor himself did it, have you asked him yet?" Nikolav shut her book as she waited for Inga's response.

------

Flora followed behind the group of Stalkers who had found her home as they lead her into the base. Their eyes focused forwards while hers wandered over the walls and behind the trees surrounding their home. The group talked amongst themselves and joked the entire time Flora was traveling with them but now they seemed far more relaxed, but more tired she thought. Her shoulder ached as the vines that made up her left arm tightened, clenching her fingers beneath the leather surface of her glove and jacket. Calm down girl, it's just a meeting, nothing bad is gonna happen She thought as the Stalkers she was following stopped to talk to their friends on watch.

"Anyone seen Viktor?" The Stalker who had been in front asked his friends. "We've got a girl here that we think he'd be interested in meeting."

"Why'd he be interested in her?" Another one asked, Her eyes sizing up Flora before looking back to the first Stalker.

"We found her while out on recon, she was livin' in a bunker all by herself. You shoulda seen it, the room was filled with plants, and she was carrying animal hides and meat when she showed up right as we started searching."

"No way, you've gotta be pulling my chain."

"No I'm serious, no chain pulling here."

"Well **** then, Viktor was in the medical bay last I heard, something about him gettin' sick or something".

"Alright, we'll head over there immediately then, thanks." The stalker motioned for Flora to follow him as he walked. "The med-bay is this way". The rest of the stalkers stayed behind as Flora followed the man through the base. She'd noticed lots of people relaxing and interacting with each other. She wondered how they managed to keep so peaceful as she looked around the rest of what she could see while she followed the Stalker. It wasn't long before they had found Viktor, he was sitting with a very tall man, at least Flora assumed it was a man. Based off the Stalker's confusion she assumed the large man was fairly new here too. "Hey Viktor, I've got someone here you should meet, Her name is Flora. We found her living alone in a bunker filled with plants while we were out, like you should have see the thing man, I think she'd be a good addition for the farming crew."

Last edited by Emeraldbearald on Thu May 19, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)

Darren's eyes watered as he felt another heave take hold of him, but nothing came up, as the contents of his stomach had been emptied out long before. His insides were sore, as if they'd been burned and then scraped clean by some harsh, unyielding instrument - the truth wasn't far from that, however. He hadn't spoken to the doctor, who seemed to be having quite a busy day, but from what the others said he was lucky to be alive. He was never one to turn down a drink, but he'd be much more careful the next time Viktor asked him to join him for a bottle. Darren was no lightweight, but the Stalker's drinking habits were clearly on a level bordering the suicidal.

The discomfort in his abdomen wasn't the only thing afflicting him; pain was currently radiating from a certain spot on his chest, and for the first time in recent memory the mutant was wishing he'd worn more layers. Many of the others nearby had offered him sympathetic glances in the aftermath of Liliana's unexpected attack, and some even looked afraid, as if worried a similar fate would befall them if they got in the woman's path.

She'd saved him, of that there was no doubt. The moment Darren realized what the vial's contents had been designed to do, he understood that much. But that didn't change the fact that when Liliana twisted, for the first time since meeting the emotionless woman, he thought he spotted something in her face. In her eyes there had been a flicker, visible only for the briefest of instants, but he was sure he'd seen enjoyment. And for some reason, that scared him more than anything else.

With nothing else to do but wait for the doctor, he leaned back onto the table he was on and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths as he pondered the merits of sobriety.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:51 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

It was like rising through deeply concentrated mist. The wispy tendrils of fog became arms with grasping hands that melted around him. With every stretch of distance he rose however, it grew lighter; evaporating before him as if he were a king parting the sea of his subjects. Sound drifted into his consciousness like the rising tide creeping upon the beachhead. Then, as he breached the surface of the drowning surreality, the plastic shell that curbed his senses crumbled.

The most prominent stimulus in whatever room he was in was the sound of someone struggling. His eyes rolled down as his lids opened, slit pupils quickly adjusted to the fluorescent lighting., and he rolled his head a few degrees to the right to see what was happening. He saw a female. A very strange female. The first thing that he noticed was her scent; it was almost cold. The other was a male. He was a mutant, or so he guessed from his scent. Perhaps it was something he had ingested. He was also struggling underneath the empty fury of the female who was forcing a minute glass vial into his gullet. Apparently she lost her patience as she wrenched the man's nipple and shoved the glass into his widely open mouth. The sharp scent of blood filled the room. Halak assumed she shattered the vial against his teeth and cut something within his throat.

Just like that though, it was over. The male began vomiting profusely into a bucket that overflowed under the bombardment. After a long while he was done and laid back with a seemingly pained expression. No that those events had dissolved, Halak took stock of his own injuries. The serious ones were still scratches upon his skin, but the lesser wounds were soft scar tissue. A tightness around his chest told him that he was wearing bandages. He could see how expertly they were applied. Whoever the doctor was, he deserved whatever praise he received. Other than those injuries however, he felt fine, perhaps a little hungry, but fine. He was grateful that hunger was one for food…

At the thought of food, he noticed the smell of raw and rotting meat. Following the scent to its source, his eyes fell upon a large male crouching in the corner. His scent was definitely that of a mutant. Another male, this one pure as far as Halak could tell, handed a small book to the large one. A strange look of pleasure crossed its face. Sitting up completely, Halak swung his legs over the side completely and looked around once more. He turned to the man on the bed that was to his right and asked. "Who leads here?"

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 am 

Owner

Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Ruffus only made a slight grimace at the pain from the needle as the doctor went to work. He felt oddly calm despite the situation and he would have to chalk it up to how the man treated him and the care that he put into him and his wounds. The wolves had been…kind…in a sense, but in the same breath the world was a harsh place and he learned that at an early age from them. So, it was with rapt attention that he watched the man work on his wounds. From the cool numbness that spread where the meds touched, to the sting of the needle as it broke the skin to close the wound. By the time, it was done he had gone into a kind of zoned zen headspace and nearly missed the comment about his aftercare.

“Thank you,” Ruffus said, his head bobbed in a small nod before he hopped down from the table. A look at Rock Hammer, a man who was his friend at least in a sense of the word. The man appeared to be on the verge of a panic attack which was thankfully headed off by the returning of a book that he then sniffed. It seemed to help which made him feel better though he opted to slip from the room then and leave others to whatever it was they had to do as he looked for the showers. The wolves at his back followed behind with some growls and huffs. Still hungry but content to follow behind him. For now.

At the door that led to showers he stopped, his hands used to scratched through the scruff of hair on his face. “Stay here,” he growled at them both to which he received huffs and snarls in return. “No. I don’t care that you don’t want to leave me,” he snarled. A snap of jaws and bark in his face prompted him to bare his teeth and bark back. In the end, they relented and stayed put by the doorway, one on either side so as to not block the entire path. The damp room that held the shower was empty save for him, which was good and bad. Good in the sense he would have rather been alone and bad in the sense there was no one there to show him how to work anything.

First, he only turned one handle the cold one. Ice cold water caused him to scream like someone had tried to murder him as his balls retreated so far into his body he thought for a moment they would never return. Next, he turned the other handle and nearly burnt off his nipples as he screamed once more. The wolves outside whimpered in concern but stayed put as ordered even though the temptation to enter the room was a strong one. Finally, the water was somewhere between scalding and not flesh melting and he managed to scrub himself clean. By the time he was time, he looked about three shades lighter and even felt about ten pounds lighter without the excess and caked on dirt to wear him down. Clothing was allowed to soak in the water as he sat in the room with nothing on and just enjoyed the new sensation of being clean. Last time he felt like this…he was…small…very small. Back before the wolves took him in.

This felt nice. Different but nice. Maybe he would get more showers while he was there with them? That would be nice.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:29 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)

Liliana was pointedly aware of the increased stares and comments as she walked. In the back of her mind, she couldn’t help but remember that some of these people had watched her kill someone and even more of them had seen a man ritualistically strung-up between trees, but a simple, medicinal nipple-torque still got a reaction. Strange people.

She had originally headed for Rock Hammer, but as her eyes landed on his face, the idea suddenly seemed less solid. His expression actually slowed her step, and though she let her empty stare linger for a few moments on his obvious unease, she didn’t actually break stride. Liliana’s smooth steps took her all the way back down the hallway, her gaze just perceptive enough to keep her from walking into walls as it turned inward.

A pang of dull, almost nonexistent emotion pulsed through her chest with her next heartbeat; she hadn’t thought such a small infliction of pain (for purely medicinal purposes) would be enough to make him that uneasy. She was well aware that the idea that literally anything a person like her could do to someone like him being any kind of uncomfortable was ludicrous to the casual observer, but she had seen him rescue a piglet, murmur to himself about children’s stories, and be in the trenches of internal emotional distress all within the span of a few days; there was some sensitivity beneath the brawn and rotting meat. It had been a long time since she’d doubted herself based on someone else; no sense in starting now. In an instant, the renegade emotion was reset into her customary blank state.

Unfortunately, another had been hovering around the periphery. Her fingertips… tingled. The ones that had just twisted a fairly sensitive area on another person. This time she stopped, leaning against the wall near the bar area of the main common room. Flat brows tilted downward and her offending fingers twitched. This feeling was considerably different, and she wasn’t sure she recognized it the way she had the one brought on by Rock Hammer’s expression. Darren’s distressed shrieks, the look on his face as she torqued his chest… the tiniest, dullest rush of something almost adrenaline-like shot upward from her boots. If he were ever to drink a lot of neurotoxin again… she wouldn’t be against lending a hand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 am 

In his high, Rock Hammer had lost track of the one he was to escort, among other things. Without much fuss he left the infirmary, most giving him space he needed to move through the halls. The giant wondered about aimlessly, only guided by the whims of the aromas and the voices in his head. During these times the voices were pleasant for once, acting more like eager tourist than bickering strangers. They pointed out minor yet amazing things which Rock Hammer would stare at endlessly, like a faucet or a rust pattern. While not exactly news worthy, he did get a couple of stares from other stalkers, wondering why the green giant was staring at a wall.

At some point however the high wore off. The voices got quiet and Rock Hammer regained his senses. He found himself standing in a boiler room of some sort. Steam and hot air blew through this room. It was very strange, so Rock Hammer left. However he was now lost. None of these halls were familiar to him and he could not see nor hear anyone he could ask for guidance. But being lost wasn't new to Rock Hammer. Since he never truly knew where to go, he could never really be lost. So he just continued to wander.

As he walked aimlessly through the halls, he heard the sound of metal against metal. A banging of steel. And occasionally, some sort of buzzing noise. Following these sounds Rock Hammer's eyes widen with what he saw. A factory that made guns. Suddenly curiosity got the better of Rock Hammer as he entered the room through a metal door; it was suppose to be locked, but Rock Hammer's strength was more than enough to knock the door off it's hinges. The loud sounds from the factor floor however masked the fact that Rock Hammer just broke in, but it wasn't long before the lone operator noticed Rock Hammer and screeched in surprise.

Initially Rock Hammer thought the person was Liliana, but upon closer examination he realized that this wasn't the case. No, while the person he was looking at was indeed a (Comparability) shorter human woman with blond hair, her hair was long enough to be tied into a ponytail, and she had wider hips and a greater bust than Liliana. Her eyes were also yellow, which Rock Hammer found quite odd. He's only seen a few people with yellow eyes. She nervously reached for her gun, which Rock Hammer made no visible reaction towards. She asked him who he was and what he was doing here. "I am Rock Hammer. I am lost. What is this place?" Rock Hammer looked around, amazed at how much technology was here. He has seen similar places in the ruins before, but they did not function like they did here. They did not make anything, and when Rock Hammer would touch them, they would fall apart due to disuse.

While Rock Hammer was busy looking around, the girl called over the radio about a mutant in the munitions factory. She gave a fairly accurate description of Rock Hammer's appearance (Giant, green skinned, wearing animal pelts and meat) as even name dropped him. She seemed fairly calm all things considered, but understandable unnerved at the sudden appearance of the giant mutant. Rock Hammer on the other hand was more interested in the guns.

Eggs wrote:

Draconilian wrote:

Freeshooter92 wrote:

Doodleniks wrote:

Shadowed wrote:

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 pm 

eyy, senpai!

"Sure thing, big guy. Try to keep a better hold on that while you're here. We've got a lot of books, wouldn't want it to get mixed up with those." Viktor stepped aside as Rock Hammer got off the ground and wandered out of the room, and as the infirmary began to clear itself of anyone who didn't need to be there, he headed for the door as well. Stefan stopped him with a quick call of his name, and gave a reminder that he was running on an empty stomach and was probably somewhat dehydrated. Viktor would make it a point to stop by the kitchen later. Right now, he still felt a little too ill to go putting anything else in him.

He was stopped by another Stalker, apparently intent on introducing someone to him. The description of another newcomer, one by the name of Flora, was definitely interesting. "Should take her to the farmers then, they could use all the help they can get. I've got a job to turn in right now, but I'll come find you later." Finally making his way out the doorway, he continued on to where he'd been planning to go before, a room built above the lounge where jobs were taken from people and passed out to any Stalker who would take them.

It was a bit of a stroll, and he had to go upstairs, but he made it there with thankfully little issue, passing by some familiar faces on the way. As he entered, he met eyes with one of the oldest Stalkers in the building, the one he'd been contacted by in the metro station. Pavel Rascalov, more commonly called "Coach" by most of the younger members of the group. He was elderly, gray haired and deeply wrinkled, a large beard framing his jaw. He was a bit short and stocky, and a scar running down his forehead led to an eyepatch on his left eye. The rest of his outfit was much like the others, a mix of normal clothes and military surplus gear with a patch sewn onto the biceps of his long coat.

"Took you long enough to get here, Red. Now, I know you've got things to do, but first I need to ask. Why the hell is an entire Underbelly station a no-go now?" Pavel, sitting behind a desk, leaned forward onto it as he spoke.

Viktor huffed, sliding his hands into his jacket pockets. "Well, what can I say. Some people out there don't like us. They'll look for any excuse to kick people out of their little hole in the ground." He paused, and once he saw Pavel clearly not buying it, continued. "And one of the new company sort of busted down a few walls. Not his fault, though. What the guy really needs is some medicine."

Pavel put a hand on his face and sighed. "And you brought him here?"

"What, you wanted me to leave him down there? They would've executed him. Besides, our walls aren't nearly as shitty as that station's were. Have Doc take a look at him later and see if he can find out a treatment." Rock had been a handful to deal with so far, but that was one of the primary reasons Viktor brought him along. He doubted that there was anything that could be done to significantly reduce his symptoms, but if another freak-out could be avoided, it was worth a shot. "For that matter, some of the others look to be mutants too."

"Stefan's got a lot of work on his hands today." Pavel considered the reasoning, and found it fair. Perhaps not the most intelligent idea, but noble. "Well, that aside, how did the hunt go?"

"Like ****. We got the job done, but there were more bears there than I've seen in the past year. Something's got them spooked bad. Could be something moving in on their territory. Or maybe there's another storm coming." Viktor frowned, recalling the appearance of not only one, but a whole pack of demons after the bear hunt. "We fought off some demons. Little ones, but still. Could be a Tear letting them out, but I don't have a good feeling about what's gonna come."

Pavel was silent for a while. He then suddenly opened a desk drawer, and began searching around inside it. "Bears, demons, and a whole lot of lives saved. You ever think about slowing down, Red? Save some glory for the others." A few stacks of Rubles were placed on the desktop, as well as a pistol and three magazines of ammo. "Here. Promised payment, plus a little extra."

Viktor halfheartedly smiled. Sure, a lot of people made it back, but just as many had died on the return trip. But, he wasn't going to turn down a bonus because of that. He stashed the money in the larger pouch pockets on his legs, then picked up the gun to examine it. Keeping his finger off the trigger, he pulled back the slide to examine the barrel and test the spring, then took aim at the wall to see how the sights worked. The gun was an MP-443 Grach pistol, a little scuffed-looking, but otherwise in seemingly shootable condition. "Don't suppose this came with an extra holster?"

After another quick search through the drawer, Pavel tossed Viktor a leg holster. "There. Now, there's something else for us to talk about." He waited until Viktor had the holster properly worn and the gun put away, then continued. "Some folks have reported sightings of some people coming in from out west. Heavily armed and doing some sort of humanitarian work, or something like that."

"Uh huh. So what's the problem?" Viktor returned to a casual stance, and watched as Pavel set a radio atop the desk. It was turned on, and a signal was broadcast through it halfway into a sentence.

"-will free Russia and its people of the mutant threat. No longer will any human being need to live in fear of the monsters that plague this land. In time, all will be purified. We will rebuild this world together, as one unified nation. We are the hand of the New European Union. We are Chernovolk."

As the speech ended, an orchestral song began to play. It was unlike anything Viktor had ever heard before, but very pleasant. Still, the speech itself, or at least the tail end of it, made him feel uneasy. "Sounds like another crazy militia trying to make their mark. Propaganda?"

Pavel nodded. "Yeah. Some of the broadcasts are coming out of Ostankino Tower in topside Moscow. They must have sent in some scouts to prepare for their main arrival a while ago. So, we're going to go and take down their broadcasts. This isn't gonna be an easy job, but it pays well and keeps these people from dragging anyone into their little campaign. What do you say?"

"Yeah, I'll take it. But let the crew I was out with rest, it's been a hell of a day for them. I'll figure out some others to take out with me." He took out his PDA, and passed it to Pavel, who typed out something to write out objectives for the job. Upon getting it back, the old man saw him off.

"Okay. Take your time with this, you need to rest too. I doubt it's anything we can't handle, so you don't need to push yourself too much out there. Go on." He closed his desk up as Viktor left, back into the base halls.

Viktor's PDA picked up the call from the gunsmith, and he answered. "Yeah, big guy's with me. He causing any trouble?" As he walked, he went to find that new person he was partially introduced to earlier as well.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 pm 

Darren's pained observations were interrupted by a voice coming from his left. He sat forward and stared at the person who'd been next to him - he didn't know when he'd gotten there, but then again that wasn't too surprising. It wasn't like he'd been very aware of his surroundings while puking half of his life up.

He was definitely someone difficult to forget, even with all the bizarre things the mutant had witnessed recently. His eyes were strange, and his face was scarred in a fashion that made Darren's reptilian head seem fairly commonplace. Suddenly reminded of it and its exposed state, he quickly pulled his hood down, concealing the majority of his deformities.

The stranger was also quite large - not Rock Hammer large, but bigger than Darren, who wasn't exactly small. He also had a quiet aura of danger about him, something that went beyond his unusual appearance.

"Asking the wrong guy, friend," Darren rasped, shaking his head with a smile. He was already starting to feel better - his vomiting session had definitely had a good effect on him. His head was clearing up, and his stomach no longer felt like it was on fire. He was feeling a little hungry, but he suspected there was still some glass in him and he didn't plan on eating anytime soon. "What I know makes a short list. This is a Stalker base, and I was brought here by a man named Viktor. He's a leader of sorts, I think, but I'm fairly sure someone else is in charge here. I could be wrong, though."

He pushed himself off the table and braced up against it as he dealt with a momentary feeling of lightheadedness. "My name's Darren, by the way. Darren Blight," he croaked, offering his hand to the stranger.

Halak mulled Viktor's name over in his head for a moment, wondering if it would trigger any kind of memory, but it didn't. As the dead end thoughts drifted away he noticed the stranger, a man by the name of Darren Blight, holding his hand out. The muscles in his jaw worked as he suppressed the initial feeling of danger the swept over him. It had been such a long time since someone offered him any kind of "human" gesture. The shape of his pupil began to dance as he eyed the hand for a long breath, changing from a predatory slit into an odd star-shaped pattern. Slowly, after a breathy exhale. Halak extended his own stiff, awkward hand out and grasped Darren's in his own with surprisingly gentle force.

"Ha-" His voice felt heavy from the unconsciousness he was still in the process of flushing out of his mind. "My name is Halak Arston. And," he paused trying to remember the proper words. "thank you for talking to me."

The man - Halak, was his name - seemed uncertain at first, but eventually he accepted Darren's hand. It was strange, in that the man's hesitation seemed to come from being caught off guard by the friendly gesture. It shouldn't have been too surprising, given the state of the world, but the sight still made Darren feel somewhat sad.

The man, who was almost certainly a mutant, added in a bit after his introduction that made Darren's eyebrows raise.

"You never have to thank me for that," he grated, hitching a smile back onto his face. "I'll always talk to you, whether you want me to or not. Some would say I talk too much, actually," he said with a chuckle. "Never be afraid to tell me to shut up, if you need a bit of peace and quiet."

The room had emptied out for the most part, with the excitement of the earlier activities (his nipple was still sore) now gone. Viktor was departed, likely with some business to handle now that the horrors of the mushroom drink were behind him, and others had left as well.

"So what brings you here, Halak? Looking for shelter, safety… or maybe a change of scenery? That's why I'm here, anyway. Was underground for a long time, needed to get back out under the sky. Not like we can even see the damn thing," he added with a grin, "but still. The people here are good folk. Many out there would sooner take what we own and leave us for dead, yet these people, they use their resources to help complete strangers. There's a lot of humanity still here, I'll say that much."

A strange feeling crept across Halak's face and, after a moment, he realized that he was smiling. For the first time in what must have been years, he thought something was funny. Not only that, but he managed to work his mouth in that archaic show of emotion which seemed lost to the long forgotten better times.

Darren was a rare sort of person in this day and age; genuine. Finding another human being so willing to make conversation took Halak by surprise and part of him wondered what kind of danger the situation hid, but another part of him was truly grateful for the interaction. "I," he spoke slowly, trying desperately to structure his sentences correctly. "I heard a rumor that there was some kind of cure out this way, but I haven't had any luck." Halak's eyes fell to the floor for a long moment. His eyes grew distant and somber. With a sigh he looked up, face back to normal. "I ended up in here because I triggered an explosion in a bunker to the north. It was filled with tech. I couldn't identify any of it though. A woman named Darina brought me in."

"A cure?" The uncertainty Darren felt dimmed as he watched Halak closely. Yes, most definitely a mutant, and one who'd been through quite a bit. There was a long journey behind him - undoubtedly he'd traveled very far in search of a solution to what ailed him. During the many years Darren spent wandering the wastes and staying briefly in small towns and communities until reaching the Underbelly, he'd encountered a multitude of mutants like himself. Some had been similar to him, desiring to live their lives in peace, keeping a low profile whenever possible. Others had been violent, prone to outbursts and eager to display their hatred for the world that scorned and rejected them.

And then there were the others, fleeing, ever fleeing the horrors of their past. Struggling to find a path, something to fight for, something to achieve. For some it was a desire to right the wrongs of the world around them, giving back in the hopes of delivering onto themselves some rare good karma in a bleak world. For others, it was a way out they sought. Yes, Halak wasn't the only one willing to traverse the globe searching for a cure.

"I understand," Darren rasped quietly with a nod, as if Halak had answered his question. "And I don't know that your luck will improve, friend, but if it can be found, I'm sure you'll find it." Darren knew very little about this man, and maybe it was the unyielding part of him that was determined to see the best in everyone, but he trusted him.

"And if I can help, I will."

The story about the bunker was interesting, and undoubtedly the reason Halak had inquired about leadership within the base. It was definitely information that the higher-ups, whoever they were, would be interested in. "Darina was in my group when we arrived here. I'm glad she got you here when she did, the doctor seems to really know his stuff." He nodded in the direction of a couple Stalkers near the door. "Maybe they can help you with finding whoever's in charge around here."

"Your group? How long have you two been here?" Halak found this piece of news interesting, if not for the chance to learn something of the strange woman, but to find out that she might be a recent member here. He learned forward and gasped as a sharp pain tore through his innards. After a moment. "Yeah, my body was giving out by the time I reached this place. I would have died out there." His eyes grew distant again. In a very low, nearly imperceptible breath, he spoke again. "Sometimes it seems so much easier."

"We arrived very recently," Darren replied, as a guilty smile manifested itself on his face. "I know, it didn't take me very long to get myself into trouble, but there's no helping it. I guess I have a knack for it."

He saw when Halak hurt himself leaning forward and realized just how well the man had been coping with what must've been some serious injuries. Darren caught what the mutant whispered and offered him a firm shake of his head for an answer.

"I wasn't sure what to make of Darina, at first, but it sounds like she saved your life. It also sounds like you weren't meant to die out there, Halak," he croaked, his eyes intent on the scarred face of the other man. "Would it have been easier? Maybe, but nothing worthwhile comes easy. We fight on."

Halak was overcome with a bittersweet sense of sorrow and elation. So many times he had been within the claws of the other side, but he always managed to walk, crawl, or drag himself away. Anxiety coiled around his mind and suddenly he was unaware of what to say. Maybe there was no response to true wisdom. "Bright words for dark times. Never lose that part of yourself," he said, never taking his eyes from Darren's. "So many of us have."

With a throb of pain that bristled from his stomach, Halak stood and stretched his imposing torso. A smooth staccato of cracking erupted up his spine. "I'd like to talk again. It's been a long time since I've had a..." He paused, becoming unsure of himself. "A friend." He held out his hand to grasp Darren's before grabbing his coat and turning to leave.

Leaving Darren to his business, Halak approached the two strangers apparently called Stalkers. "Uhm, could you tell me where to find Viktor?"

With a ginger smile, a brown haired man gave him directions to where Viktor seemed to be going. He nodded his thanks and walked out the door.

Darren took Halak's hand once more, smiling as the other man prepared to take his leave. "And a friend you have. Anytime you want to talk, just say the word."

He remained where he was as the other mutant departed, still leaning against the table. It started to shift and he hastily changed the way he stood as he remembered his ongoing weight gain. After a moment, with one last cursory glance around him, he started limping towards the exit.

Darren had encountered many new people in a short amount of time, but there was something about Halak that stood out. It wasn't that he was a mutant - there was no shortage of them, if Darina was what he suspected she was. There was also the giant with the funky aroma, but that was another story entirely. No, Halak was different, and Darren was glad the man had chosen to ask him, of all people, about who led the Stalkers. There was no such thing as too much conversation, after all, and it never hurt to make new friends when it was possible. That kind of thing, in his experience, was a rarity beneath the fog.

Darren's smile widened as he prepared to exit the room - he was eager to put the place, and the things that happened within it, out of his mind.

Ever busy around the operating room, Stefan allowed the patients to fraternize freely, mostly just relieved that they were both in decent enough shape again to do so. While they chattered away, the good doctor mostly cleaned up after the mess caused by all the sudden arrivals. Bloodied and dirt-covered gauze from wound cleaning was tossed into a small incinerator, buckets used for toxin purging were rinsed (he made a note of the blood present in Darren's, in case internal injuries or other sicknesses had to be taken care of later), and vials of herbal medicine were cleaned out as well. At least, the vials that had survived the ordeal.

When the door opened, the masked medic swiftly turned towards it. Luckily, nobody else was coming in for another emergency tending to, but Darren's walking raised some concerns. "Excuse me, sir? If you'd like, I could take a look at your leg. Limping won't do you any good out in the field."

The voice was clearly directed at him, but it took a moment for Darren to register that the doctor was talking to him. He turned, still smiling cheerfully, and regarded the masked man who'd very recently helped save his life.

"No need to call me sir, friend. The name's Darren Blight, Darren if you like. And I'm rude as hell, trying to leave without thanking you. I'm in your debt," he croaked solemnly, lowering his head a fraction of an inch as he acknowledged the man standing in front of him.

"As for the limp, well," he broke off so he could let out a raspy bark of laughter, "I've had it for five years now. I've been limping through the wastes for a long time, though my survival is more the result of luck than anything else. I don't doubt your expertise, but I don't know if you can help me."

While Stefan's face couldn't be seen, he smiled as well, nodding a little. "Darren it is. But don't worry about that, I'm just doing my job. Though it would make my job much easier if you avoided drinking toxic chemicals in the future." He started to extend a hand to offer a handshake, but stopped and took a moment to remove his gloves first. Those would need to be cleaned up once things were fully calmed down.

As the limp was explained, Stefan nodded. "Well, that could be the result of a few things. A broken bone might have set badly during healing, depending on age, it could be a bad hip. Maybe one of your legs just had a growth spurt. Mutation can cause all sorts of odd variables like that." He straightened his stance up a bit, stroking at the section of the mask under the beak where his chin would be. "If it is the bone, then I could potentially fix that, but it wouldn't be very pleasant. It involves breaking the bone again, and making sure it's nice and straight while it heals."

Darren rubbed at the back of the hood covering his head, feeling somewhat embarrassed as he was reminded of the very recent episode suffered by himself and Viktor. "Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be drinking again for a long time. And I like Viktor, but I'm not touching anything he gives me," he finished with a smile as the doctor spoke about the possible causes of his limp.

"Oh, it's definitely the bone, alright," he rasped, nodding as his memory took him back to one of the most horrifying experiences of his life. "I broke the leg when I, uh… well, I threw myself off a cliff. Didn't heal properly, after, and over time I learned to live with the limp. Got very good with a quarterstaff."

"Probably for the best. Viktor's a good man, but he's too damn adventurous for his own good sometimes." Life among the Stalkers had gotten Stefan quite used to all sorts of craziness, and he'd had more than his fair share of patients brought in because they were doing stupid things, so it wasn't an entirely new experience. Admittedly, most of the others came in for surface wounds, not potentially deadly self-poisoning, but things happened.

With a nod, Stefan decided not to pry into the reasons why Darren might have decided cliff jumping was a good idea. It was a rough life out in the wilds, and plenty of people just couldn't handle it. He held no ill will against it, though he always wished there was something more he could do to help whenever it happened around the base and its adjacent village. "You're lucky to have gotten out with just a broken leg, then. Well, the offer's still open if you're interested. It might be worth it, especially if you intend to stick around with Viktor."

"I'm luckier than you know, Doc. Was up in the Tatras, that mountain range on Poland's border. I was being pursued, pushed higher and higher up, slowly but surely. Two of them, I remember," he said softly, staring blankly at nothing in particular, "the size of gorillas. A foot taller than you, at least, shaggy fur… I had no choice. I…"

He trailed off, then remembered himself, blinking as he shook his head. "A story for another time, then," Darren said with a smile, as something else occurred to him. "I agree I should probably do something about my mobility if I'm going to be running around with Viktor, I don't want to hold anyone back. But there's something you should know. I've been, uh, getting heavier. Like, a lot heavier. And I don't see any weight gain, no new muscle or fat, but I just feel it, you know? Like I'm getting more dense. Or maybe it's my bones."

Stefan listened intently to the explanation. His head lowered slightly at the descriptions, and as Darren's words faltered, the doctor nodded and patted his shoulder. The descriptions were all to familiar, and while he'd never seen one of the particular beasts himself, he'd heard stories and been shown drawn depictions. Somehow, that made them seem more intimidating to him. That unfamiliarity, not even knowing where to start on being prepared for them, but knowing somewhere out there the beasts existed.

While he could do nothing about bad memories, the new subject was something he was very much interested in. "I see. Well, that is definitely interesting...Does the weight come after anything in particular? Some sort of cause for it? Or has it been more of a gradual thing over time?" While he asked, he went to a cabinet and knelt by it, giving a quick search to find an old scale. It was a flat old device, like one would see in a bathroom, with a large circular face that had a variety of numbers and lines printed on it. He set it on the ground for now, curious as to where this could lead.

"It's definitely been gradual. I'd notice it when I'm climbing steps, or jumping down from any kind of height. It's subtle, but obvious at the same time, if that makes any sense."

Darren looked on as the doctor rummaged through a cabinet, eventually emerging with a scale in his grip. "Last time I saw one of those, it was about a month back, in the Underbelly. I weighed ninety kilos at that point, and nothing about my physique has changed since then. Should be lighter, actually, given all the moving around I've been doing lately."

"Then this should show us just how much has changed. If you'd step onto it?" Stefan waited, watching the numbers of the scale. 90 kilograms seemed very reasonable for a man of Darren's height. Hell, it actually sounded healthier than a lot of people who managed to grow properly despite malnutrition. And if it was a month ago, the amount gained could possibly give some sort of idea as to how much the changes brought.

Darren knew he was definitely heavier than before, but not knowing the details had made it easier to ignore. He didn't know if it was something to be worried about or not, but he still liked being able to remain safely in the dark about it. Regardless, it was time to pop that particular bubble.

He took a breath and stepped forward onto the scale, focusing on the doctor instead of on the numbers below him. The man's mask hid his face, along with whatever expression he may have had, but the truth, for better or worse, was going to come out.

Stefan looked a little surprised, and a few times, his gaze shifted between the scale and Darren himself. "Well, that's certainly something. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to perform a skeletal examination later. It's not the most orthodox method, but if something is building up in your bones, I should be able to feel it." It was meant quite literally; the base had no x-ray machines, despite Stefan's push to somehow obtain some, so bone injuries were detected through ethereal touch. "Until then, I think we've done all we can today. And thank goodness, this has been one of the busiest days I've had in a while."

The doctor's demeanor and the way he stared from the Darren to the scale, and back again, made the mutant look down at the numbers with a sigh of resignation.

113 kilograms.

He stared down at the scale in silence for a moment, then looked back to the doctor. "Well ****. Yeah, definitely something, then."

Darren had no idea what the cause could be, but it was clear Stefan had some theory as to what could be behind his mysterious weight gain. He wasn't quite sure what the man meant by a "skeletal examination", but he sincerely hoped he had some x-ray equipment of some kind.

He thanked the doctor and went on his way, limping out into the grey light of the outside world. He elected to head for his tent after all, as a wry grin formed on his face. If only he'd decided to take the nap as opposed to finding himself a drink, he could've avoided quite a bit of pain. Still, though. Made for a hell of a story.

**** me… the Fungal Lord, he thought, chuckling in spite of himself, and then he stopped as a woman walked right into his path.

"Ah, pardon me," he rasped, before doing a double-take. The platinum blonde hair, just barely shoulder-length, identified her as the woman he'd attempted to interact with shortly before his temporary descent into madness and hallucinations. Her face, pretty as ever, was currently locked into a scowl, but Darren still gave her his best, winning smile.

"How're you doing? My name's-"

"Darren, I know. I heard," she said, cutting him off. "You're one of the new guys, the one who drank all that toxic mushroom juice."

"Ah, yes, it was a misunder-"

"You're an idiot," she interrupted again, one hand on a hip. The other, he realized, hefted his quarterstaff. "It's a miracle you've lived long enough to get so old. Here, you left this in the lounge," she added curtly, handing it to him, before turning on the spot and stalking away.

He stared after her for a long time, before shaking his head with a smile and continuing towards his tent.

"I think she likes me."

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:09 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)

Tiny cloven hooves kept up a rapid double-beat on the hard floor, the contrast of the sound from the usual stomping boots pulling the blank-faced woman from her reverie. Almost on cue, the smooth ridge of his immature spike plating collided with her calf, and without looking at him she uncrossed her arms to fish a piece of vine out of her satchel for him. Her fingers met mostly metal or miscellaneous textures; nothing edible. The man standing authoritatively by the liquor bottles didn’t seem to have much in the way of chewable calories, but she did see several of the loungers eating.

Zrelaksować się, Dziecko,” she murmured to the Razorback piglet, who seemed very unwilling to relax. She vacantly requested directions from the man by the bar, following them while ignoring the petulant creature that bit at the bottom of her pants. It didn’t take her long to find a general food storage, with a few people shuffling crates.

Before Liliana could approach them, a Stalker came from the opposite direction; he was tall, with a bronze-ish skin tone and eyelashes so thick she could see them from meters away. They weren’t his most striking feature, however. Though the rest of his dress was typical, he had a tall hat, made out of what she could only guess to be a faded white sheet that had been methodically folded and wrapped several times over. She stared openly at the strange headwear, unable to control the sparks of curiosity that flared in her emotional void. The other men in the storage area took several steps back as the newcomer approached, as though pushed back by an invisible force, leaving a very nervous one standing alone to hand him a small sachet. He left just as silently as he came, offering the Polish woman a cursory glance and nothing else. She inhaled as he passed her- he didn’t smell terrible, at least not to her. Liliana’s curiosity reached critical (for her) levels... the man had a strange hat, but everything else about him seemed entirely normal. Why did his fellow Stalkers act magnetically repelled?

Her oddly intense curiosity faded with its objects footsteps, and she remembered why she had sought the storage. Within ten minutes, she had traded some of the trinkets from her recently-deceased colleagues for a decent amount of provisions, including a small loaf of thick-crusted bread that she bit into as she left. The only thing she had left of the harvesters was a small bottle of redwood liquor, if she didn’t include the clothes on her back and the nuisance that kept trying to bite her ankles through her boots.

Liliana intended to seek out some running water, but somehow found herself outside the base proper. The chill hit her, freshly biting after so long in a more comfortable atmosphere. There was still a fair amount of ambient sounds, people talking, occasionally a mechanical whirring or engine sputter, various carpentry noises. A large fire crackled not too far away, just past a few tents; it only had a couple of people around it, leaving plenty of room for her to sit and finish her bread. She started walking over at a smooth pace, Dziecko on her heels.

Without looking or even breaking stride, she dealt a solid kick to one of the supports for Darren’s tent.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 am 

Beautiful music, like a waterfall, cascaded down and around him, and the crackling of the aged record was the sound of nature, uncontrollable and persistent. The violin was emotion itself, thrusting wave upon wave of feeling forward - passion, agony, romance and despair were all interwoven in a melody that overwhelmed conscious thought with breathtaking ease.

The man sat with his eyes closed behind the spectacles, and his head tilted back over the edge of the hard, straight wooden chair. He was serene, at peace, but to anyone else he would have looked indifferent, stoical and heedless of the music pervading his space. His mouth, thin and severe like the rest of him, was an unreadable straight line, and his slender, solid frame was perfectly still, but tense, as if he expected to spring into movement at any second.

The others were either beneath the dreary sky or in the ruined buildings around them, but the seated man did not occupy such conditions. His tent gave him control over his surroundings, and privacy when he needed it. Topside Moscow was no haven, aside for those who needed to be purged, but within the familiar canvas all was as it should be, as usual.

There was the crunch of footsteps outside, and the large, reddish-brown dog that had been curled up in silence near the man's feet stood up and approached the entryway. The hound took several steps, mahogany eyes fixed on the tent flaps, before looking back at the man who'd been listening so intently to the music.

A hand reached out and deftly lifted the tonearm from the record, and a silence fell as the needle broke contact with the vinyl. A moment later the eyes behind the spectacles opened, and the dog stiffened as they focused on him. "Vorgehen, Jäger," Graf said in a voice that was both soft and hard. "Proceed."

The dog, having obtained permission to speak, returned its focus to the entry and barked, two times, loudly and clearly. There was a rustling sound, and then a soldier was straightening up in front of the tent's two other occupants, looking from the dog to the general with a familiarity that still carried faint hues of apprehension.

"Herr."

"Marik," replied Graf, who stood up, his spine rigid and immobile like the rest of him as he surveyed the man in front of him, who saluted mechanically in response to the acknowledgement. The eyes beneath Graf's short, neat hair studied the soldier's face as the lips beneath the general's thin, painstakingly trimmed mustache remained its usual indecipherable line. "Report."

"Alger's unit has set up in the tower, Sir. The broadcast is operational, and the men will remain there until recalled."

"What aren't you saying?"

No change had come over General Wilhelm Graf's face, but the slight hardening of his tone made the other man flinch. "Alger refused the additional unit, Sir," Marik said breathlessly, as if afraid of holding onto the words for another instant now that his commander knew they existed. "He left them to aid with securing the perimeter."

"Alger does not believe his instructions are worth obeying?"

"He… he and the men, all of us, we would never question you, Sir. But h-he thinks headquarters was mistaken, and that the manpower is better off spent with the main-"

"Alger is not in any position to contemplate the wisdom of his orders. If the New European Union hands down a request, every word shall be obeyed as if it came from my own mouth," Graf said, taking a step closer to the other man, who flinched. "Unless I say otherwise. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Si-"

"Ostankino Tower is imperative to our efforts. Wars are not fought solely with bullets, nor is bloodshed the only outcome. Minds must be educated, or peace is impossible."

"Yes, Sir. Havel's squad is on standby, shall I send them to reinforce Alger's men?"

"No." If Alger wanted to put his neck on the line, Graf would afford him the opportunity. The man was a lieutenant, and a good one, so he'd be given the chance to demonstrate the value of his judgement. But if he was wrong, he would come to regret it. "What progress on the perimeter?"

"Completed without incident, Sir. There was a small engagement with tainted ones who'd set up a commune east of here, but they were disorganized and fell quickly. This city may hide more of their kind, and then there is the Underbelly, but within our perimeter all is secure. Rumors of organized resistance in the area have proven unfounded, and the men have been prepped for continued mobilization as you commanded."

Graf nodded, clasping his hands behind his back while Jäger grew restless, as he usually did when he picked up on his master's displeasure. "What aren't you telling me, Marik? I do not enjoy prodding you for information."

The soldier fidgeted, rubbing awkwardly at the back of his neck. Like Graf he was wearing the hard suit armor typical of the Chernovolk, but without the clear indications of his superior's rank. Also different was the fact that his eyes were moving ceaselessly as he struggled with a fit of nerves.

"Some have reported that they… uh, they spotted something flying overhead as they advanced north. Members of the Tretiy Klyka Unit. The third. They claimed it was very large, and headed south."

"Were they able to identify it?" Graf inquired, wasting no time pondering on the words.

"No, it vanished into the clouds before they could get a proper look. But they were deeply disturbed by the sight, Sir. I didn't mention it because-"

"It is fine, Marik. You did not wish to waste my time with idle chatter and senseless fears. If this flying vision is more than a trick of the light, the Chernovolk will handle it. As for now, we move."

"Herr," the man replied with a salute, and then he was gone, passing along word that they would be moving on. There was much to accomplish in this new, untamed land, and with the radio tower secured and functional there was no reason to linger. The good work of the Chernovolk was never finished, and in this endeavor it had only just begun.

Darren sat back with a groan, and took a look in his bag for the first time in a long time. After a few seconds of careful rummaging, he retrieved a small keychain. It was a trinket he'd won in a game of... checkers (the thought made him feel slightly nauseated) in the Underbelly, and he liked looking at it. It depicted a pair of dice, stationary within a circle, and although the words engraved over them were no longer legible it was still mostly in good shape. He smiled down at it, reveling in the temporary peace he'd found.

Until the tent came crashing down on him.

He flailed wildly, almost like he was swimming, until he emerged from beneath the depths of canvas, slightly out of breath. He stared around, hearing some isolated bursts of laughter, and then he spotted Liliana walking away from him. He stared for a moment, opened his mouth, then closed it again before slumping back down to the ground with a sigh.

Blondes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 am 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)

Niko’s answer didn’t really surprise Inga, but she was still disappointed. “I’m not that small,” she said sourly, crossing her arms. “No, I haven’t asked Viktor. I guess I should.” It wasn’t a bad idea, but part of her wasn’t sure she wanted to know what the answer was. She readjusted her hold on the dog again and looked away from Niko, suddenly uncomfortable again. “Sorry for bothering you,” she mumbled.

Her gaze began roaming over the books lined up on the shelves, trying to find something to focus on besides Niko. Maybe the books she was looking for were here. Inga drifted closer to the shelves again, reading the titles. None of them seemed to be from the series she was trying to read. Maybe some of them were still good, but she couldn’t bring herself to be interested in them.

Come to think of it, Niko had been reading when Inga came in. What had she been reading? Inga turned back to try and see the title again, but quickly turned away again. She didn’t want to be bothered. People didn’t exactly come for libraries for conversations. She chewed the inside of her mouth anxiously.

-

Since, the room was emptying quickly and losing any excitement it may have had, Magpie decided to move on. It seemed that the doctors didn’t want them there anyway. She drifted along down the hallway. “Any idea where to head to next?” She asked Nikita. “I don’t know the layout of this place, so you’ll have to show me the best places to be.” Stopping a further distance down the hallway, Magpie stretched, raising her hands above her head and knitting her fingers together. With a sigh, she let them fall to her side again.

She didn’t really have any plans, beyond wedging herself in the base as long as she needed to. While she had a feeling that they wouldn’t be here long, there wasn’t any harm in taking advantage of a place while she had to shack up there.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:25 am 

"Hmmm." Nikita gave Magpie's question a thought, his face wrinkling as his lips pursed to the side and his brow skin furrowed up slightly to reveal more of his eyes. The skin kinetically moved on its own to follow the movement of his facial muscles, causing the expression to look more readable, but strangely exaggerated to anyone not used to it. He brought up his right hand to his chin, his thumb resting on one side and his forefinger tapping at the other impatiently. The skin of the two missing fingers curled around his hand as if they had a mind of their own.

"We've already gotten food, and nobody's around the main area this time of day..." His eyes widened suddenly and with an "Oh, yeah!" he turned to the bony stick of a woman and asked, "Have you gotten a place here to stay yet? Theres a bunch of villagers with extra rooms they probably wouldn't mind sharing, you should definitely talk to Karga, her place is probably the cleanest place to wash up, there's almost no leeches and - oh man that woman can really drink, there was one time..."

The saggy mutant got caught up in his story, getting further and further from the original point of the conversation. The two of them continued walking, occasionally making turns whenever they got to the end of the hall, sometimes stopping to greet a Stalker walking the other way. Several minutes later, the mutant was still animatedly talking.

"...and we went inside and there was oil all over the place. No clue how, but then -," he stopped as he spotted a familiar face, the skin on his cheeks pulling out into a toothy grin. He waved. "Oi, Viktor! Long time no see!"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:19 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Nikolav chuckled at Inga's reaction. "It was no bother kid, anytime". Her eyes followed Inga for a short while while the girl drifted around the library. She finally lowed her eyes back to her book, she let out a sigh having lost her place. It won't matter, you couldn't care for a dog anyways, Niko she thought to herself. Closing the book she stood up and walked over to Inga. "What are you looking for? Maybe I can help you find it", she said placing her own book on a random shelf. Her eyes scanned over the rest of the shelf while she waited to see if the shorter girl would respond.

---

"Come on then Flora, let's go visit the greenhouse, it's not far from here." The stalker spoke with a slight irritation to his voice, he obviously wanted to sit and rest a while, maybe even sleep in his own bed for a quick nap.

"Lead the way then". Flora said, following the Stalker as he left the room. The walk to the greenhouse wasn't a long one, but when the two arrived there was no one around.

"Weird, someone should be here by now." The Stalker looked around the room for a short moment. "Let me go see if I can find someone, just wait here." He said before dashing out of the greenhouse in a rush.

"What a weird group, Jane". Flora spoke, pulling her potted plant from it's spot in her bag. She looked over the plant for damage or new leaves or flowers, anything that might help her identify its species. "Well, let's walk around and see what's growing in here, maybe make a new friend, huh?" Flora smiled innocently down at the potted plant in her hand. She slowly walked around reading all the labels on the produce growing through out the greenhouse. "Wow, they're doing well for themselves, and all the growing friends here seem healthy Jane." Flora let out a small laugh to herself.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:00 pm 

The lady, at first, said some very mean things about Rock Hammer. But looking between the table where her phone was and Rock Hammer, she began to notice that he hasn't really done anything. Yet. She told Viktor that Rock Hammer hasn't done anything yet, but she would appreciate it if he... Didn't cause any trouble. The girl wasn't certain what to do with the creature. It's not as if she's never had strangers just enter her shop. Generally they are allowed to roam and are trusted not to sabotage the place. If Viktor said that Rock Hammer was with him, she assumed he wouldn't cause any trouble... But she still was very uneasy. She requested that Viktor deal with Rock Hammer asap before hanging up.

In the mean time, the girl would try her best to get back to work. Rock Hammer, during all this time, was looking at the guns and their parts. He wanted to touch them, but from the tone of voice from the girl, Rock Hammer knew she didn't want him touching anything. Perhaps she hoped that he would get bored and leave, but Rock Hammer was more than fine just watching the girl work. She began to pick apart firearms both old and new, assorting the pieces in separate piles. As fun as making guns were, someone still had to do the work of dismantling all this stuff. Normally they would have machines to do this, but... Power like that wasn't easy to come by. The girl had already fought tooth-and-nail to get funding to increase production of the facility as it was now. There wasn't much more blood she could squeeze from that stone.

The girl was so focused in her work that she nearly shot Rock Hammer when she turned around and finally noticed he was still here. Exasperated, she decided to give Rock Hammer a box of scrap bits. "Here. Go... Work over there." The girl pointed to an open area where even Rock Hammer could comfortably sit. It also made sure he was quite visible to anyone who came inside, thus allowing someone to finally find the giant and get rid of him. Rock Hammer on the other hand was delighted that he finally was able to get something to do. He hasn't really done much since he got here except talk to that wolf person and explore.

The box Rock Hammer was given was literally a pile of scrap; broken gun parts that needed to be melted down to turn into anything remotely useful. How the girl expected Rock Hammer to make anything out of this was questionable. But Rock Hammer wasn't perturb. Where others saw an impossible challenge, Rock Hammer saw an unknown possibility. Pouring out the contents of the box onto the floor, Rock Hammer began to create.

Eggs wrote:

Draconilian wrote:

Freeshooter92 wrote:

Doodleniks wrote:

Shadowed wrote:

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:54 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Viktor listened to the weaponmaker's response, cringing a little at the insults. "Hey now, he's not that bad. Sure, maybe not all there, but there's no reason to...Eh. It's fine. I'll be over soon to make sure he doesn't break anything. See you then." He hung up as well, returning his PDA to its usual pocket. With a roll of his neck, he put his hands in his pockets and readied himself to go. The armory was a nice part of the base, and while he doubted Rock would freak out enough to knock down the walls, it would be a shame to see it go on the off chance he got **** off and decided to do some renovations. If nothing else, a somewhat more familiar face might help keep him from doing anything drastic.

And so he began his walk, moving through the halls of the base. He thought of lending a hand with the guns later, since he did have experience with putting them together. Hell, the man could make a gun out of a pile of scrap as long as he had the bullets. Not really a high-quality assault rifle by any standards, but homemade stuff had done him well a lot in the past. Fixing up pre-existing ones was basically a second nature by this point. During the considerations, a familiar voice drew his attention away from firearms and towards itself. Nikita's familiarly droopy form appeared, accompanying Magpie. Viktor smiled in response, making his way over toward the two.

"Hey, man! It's been too long. How'd that last job go?" He greeted him with a handshake, which then led into a sort of one-armed hug for a moment or two. After backing up again, he looked over to Magpie, giving her a nod. "Liking the place so far? You couldn't have run into a better person to show you around. Nikita can talk your ears right off, but he knows the place well." Viktor patted the shorter, skin-covered Stalker on the shoulder, still holding a light smile on his face. "If you two aren't up to anything, I'm headed to the gunsmith's place. She's met another one of the new faces, isn't too happy about that." Again, he turned to Magpie, offering a small clarification. "The big guy."

As they began to walk again, Viktor went along with them, returning his hands to his pockets for the short journey.

-----

His operating room finally cleared of patients after an incredibly hectic morning, Stefan could relax for a moment. A deep breath was taken, and his medical gloves were removed, set back in their usual resting place. With exposed hands, he also took off his ushanka, revealing the back of his head. Burnt-looking skin, exposed in a few places but otherwise covered by alternating layers of gauze bandage, slightly discolored from age. He ran a hand down the back of his head, feeling some beads of sweat. Good, he thought. The glands haven't entirely shut down. Where his actual burn scars started and his mutation scars began was unclear, and after particularly large use of his powers, sometimes that changed. It was odd, but he'd come to get used to it. The bandages needed a change though, so he slowly pulled off his mask and set it down, then unraveled the bandages covering his face, exposing his skin fully for a few minutes as he washed his face, took a drink, then prepared and applied new bandages, the inner layer lightly medicated to keep his skin from drying out.

Now rewrapped, he put on his coverings again, starting with his gloves, then his mask, and finally his hat. He also gave his coat a quick adjustment for good measure. Leaving the operating room behind, he returned to his office, opening the door just enough to peek inside. "Sasha, come here," He called out to the giant rat, sticking out an arm for her to hop into. Cradling her, he shut the door and began walking again, moving around the base's halls until he reached the greenhouse again. Someone he didn't recognize was in there already, going around examining and talking to plants. Another one of Viktor's?

"We do our best to keep things growing nicely," Stefan commented, strolling into the room. With a shift of his arms, he helped Sasha transfer from being cradled to sitting across his shoulders, her tail looped limply around his neck. As he entered, he tilted his head slightly at the sight of the stranger's plant. "Now that's new. One of your own?" It wasn't often people brought in fully potted plants. Gathered things like leaves and seeds, sure, but this was something else. The fact that she carried it and spoke to it was particularly interesting. A new face, especially one who seemed to like plants, was definitely interesting. The gardening crew could use all the help they could get.

-----

Around the tower's top, a small drone hovered. Four propellers sectioned around a round center floated through the air, a camera extended from a ridge down its center. It observed the connectivity of the Chernovolk radio relay, high above the now-windowless viewing deck. Much newer machinery and reinforcing repairs to the old tower stuck out, devoid of any signs of wear from old age. The attachments were secure, no loose ends at all. That broadcaster wasn't coming down without a lot of force.

Within the deck, a few Chernovolk soldiers finished up final preparations. One of them held an advanced looking tablet, viewing footage from the drone while controlling its flight patterns. "Connection is looking good. Nothing loose or falling off. Broadcast's operational too. I'd say we did a pretty damn good job here." His voice came out of his masked helmet slightly distorted. Holding out a hand as the drone dipped into sight through the thick clouds, the soldier caught the small machine and turned off its control panel. It found its way into a pouch on his hip, while the drone was turned off with a click of a button. At once, the ridge closed up, making it resemble a plain, smooth ball. Removal from the flying frame was simple, as the reduced size simply allowed it to slip out, while the frame itself folded over a few times and got stuffed in a larger pocket on his leg.

"Good. The General isn't going to be sticking around much longer, so it's our squad's job to make sure this tower stays operational." Another soldier, taller and more rank-decorated than the first, called the shots of the ones in charge of the tower. The group was mostly new blood. Green recruits that had been out in the wastes of other countries once, twice at most. This one had quite a lot more experience. No General, that was certain, but competent enough to keep the rookies in check.

A comparatively easy job was given to them, both to ease them in to the campaign ahead and keep them from mucking up more serious operations. Keep the tower broadcast going, keep hostiles away from it. "Security will need to be upped in preparation for his departure. I trust you'll be able to handle installation of a few cameras."

"Not a problem at all, sir." Straightening himself out, the younger soldier gave the superior officer his full attention. While his face was obscured by a visor, he had a smile on. Unprofessional when speaking to an officer, but he couldn't see, so it didn't much matter. "Nobody's going to be coming toward the perimeter without us knowing about it."

"That's what I like to hear. Once you and the other pups have everything set up, head to the mess tent. After that, all you'll need to do is keep an eye open and take out any tainted that come your way. Good luck, Nylund. Dismissed." The superior officer left the rookie to his duty, taking an elevator down the tower. Some of the old ones still worked, but in the shafts that had only broken down ones, replacements had been installed after clearing out the debris. They were more open, essentially a floor panel and waist-high fence with wheels on the sides that carried the thing up and down floors, but they worked just as well.

The rookie, Emil Nylund, gave the observation deck one last sweep to make sure everything was in check. Aside from minor structural damage due to neglect, age, and things taking out the windows, the floor was in good shape for their purposes. The tower area in general would require some extra cleanup, but for now, securing the place entirely was the main focus. Making it homely could come later. With that done, Emil headed into an elevator was well, one of the still functional old-world ones, and returned to ground level with it. From there, he did as instructed with some of the other recruits, setting up security points and making sure the connections to the monitoring tent were fully functional, giving whoever manned the station a view of all points that sentries couldn't see on their own. It wasn't exactly hard work, but it was an important procedure all the same.

With securing efforts finally finished, Emil headed to the mess tent alongside the others. During the approach, he decided to remove his helmet, unhooking two securing points below his jawline. A quick hiss of air came from it as the suit's environmental seal was opened, and the face plate of the helmet moved forward, allowing the rear area to be lifted and pulled away. Once it was off, he pressed the two halves back together, balanced it on his hip, and ran a hand through his hair to straighten it out as he walked into the tent.

The tent had a good setup, with high quality utensils for cooking and dining alike throughout. Emil entered last in line among the group, and was stopped by another soldier. This one wasn't one of the rookie recruits, but an actual veteran of the squad, to be shipped out along with the General when he decided his time in the area was done. Emil looked slightly up to match eyes with them, looking somewhat confused. "Yeah?" He asked, adjusting his grip on his headgear.

"You were last in, so you've got a special task." The soldier, looking all sorts of smug, grinned toothily as other veterans made some sound in the background, muffled laughter and mumbling in various languages Emil didn't speak. "General Graf's meal needs to be delivered to him. He's a very particular sort of guy, doesn't join us in the tent a lot. So you'll be taking it to him." A wheeled cart was pushed forward by another soldier, bumping into Emil's arm. "If you do this well, you'll probably get in good with the guy. Good luck." They nudged Emil's shoulder, then took his helmet, leaving him standing very confused for a few moments.

Eventually, he gave in. If the general was really as particular as they claimed, then it was best to just get it over with. He took the cart and wheeled it toward the exit, huffing slightly when he heard an incoming comment from one of the seated soldiers, followed by laughter.

"Hey, I heard Graf's into maids. Dress up next time and he might give you a promotion."

"Dumskalle," Emil muttered, leaving the tent while looking down at the cart he was pushing. The fancy metal cover atop whatever was underneath looked amazingly out of place in their encampment, let alone the rest of the environment around them. A touch of home, maybe, to keep things familiar? He could see it being useful for someone to retain morale. Or maybe Graf was just pretentious. Who could know? Emil had never met the man directly, and from what he heard, he was always dead serious about everything.

As he drew nearer the General's tent, Emil was suddenly struck by the realization that he was about to come face to face with the leader of their entire army. His low rank and the context behind his recruitment into the Chernovolk felt painfully obvious, and he now wished he'd left his helmet on. He pursed his lips as he reached the tent's entryway, walked around to the side of the cart, and picked up the tray, not daring to enter without permission.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next