All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Tɧɘ Ғσᶃ [IC]
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:21 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

From the clouds hanging in the early morning sky, flakes of snow gently fell. Carried by the gentlest of breezes, the flakes coated trees and ground alike. Eternal winter, brought on by the clouds that forever covered the sky, was at its warmest. The Russian summer could barely be called that anymore, but it wasn't as violent as the true winter. Harsh blizzards and ice storms gave way to a simple chill and the light falling of rain and snow. It was cold, it always was, but the wastes were arguably at their most livable state. And indeed, they were not silent. The calls of singing birds, the whistling of the wind through the branches of ancient trees, and the sound of heavy boots crunching freshly-fallen flakes could all be heard.

A group of men, covered head to toe in heavy clothing, were out on a hunt. Food was harder to come by, but as important as it had ever been, and a disagreeable creature had come into the territory. They were all armed. Some with guns, at least a pair with crossbows. One of them, leading the group, held a strange-looking contraption instead. An air-powered rifle, with a pump and a gauge, showed the pressure held by the weapon's tank. The barrels, each holding a metal dart, were ready to shoot at the pull of the trigger. The thing was made from various pieces of metal and wood, and the frame of a revolving pistol could be made out in the weapon's midsection.

Smalltalk was being made amongst the hunters. "So then, I tell the guy I found it in an old ranger station. Guy doesn't believe me, says they've all been raided, and that he'd been in the one I was talkin' about. Didn't see any helmets or masks anywhere. But when I went in, the lockers? All closed. Rookie didn't even crack 'em open," He was explaining. The leader of the group gave a question in response.

"So, did you?" He inquired. His finger, held far from the trigger of his dart gun, tapped the frame of the weapon's handle absentmindedly. Viktor, as he was called, gave him a glance from beneath his coat's hood. The mask worn under it kept his face concealed and warm, save for his eyes.

The other hunter shrugged. "Well, no, but this one was under a desk. But it's the thought that counts. You can't just go scavving and then say there's nothing left if you don't check."

Viktor shook his head, as if in agreement. But, he was curious. "Why didn't you check yourself?"

"Walked 15 miles to get there. I was tired, man. Ain't gonna pry open something when I don't have the energy."

A quiet chuckle escaped Viktor. "Yeah, okay. You're a dumbass, Georgy." He kept on walking, ignoring the exasperated groan the other hunter gave. For a while, they kept moving, until Viktor raised a hand to silently stop them all. He crouched, and taking a closer look at the snow, noticed a very large imprint. Multiple, leading deeper into the woods. They were massive, each almost the size of his torso, and the smaller indents ahead of the larger ones suggested the presence of claws. Viktor stood back up, and motioned forward. "Looks like we got a trail. Everyone, keep close. The bigger and louder we can make ourselves look, the better. On me."

With that, they all moved forward in unison, keeping near the paw prints. They positioned themselves in a way that sort of blended their outlines. If they could confuse their prey, force it into hesitation, then they could more easily take it down.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Fog [IC]
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:46 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Right. Break out the gear, boys. Serg, Al; you're on dinner. Get lost, go on. Watch the skies, keep to the south." The low, grunted orders, half-muffled by the fur of a thick coat filtered from the leader of the small group, a bear of a man swathed in layers of fur that very well may have come from an actual bear. His tone was relaxed and quiet but held an air of authority that stifled any dissention before it started. The band of seven men stepped swiftly into action, breaking the monotony of slow-paced travel. Two of them merely grabbed some extra ammunition and a coil of rope before marching off, east of the rest, while the rest busied themselves with unpacking.

Liliana stopped with the rest, setting the back of her hand on the tip of Legko's beaked muzzle. The massive tortoise came to an immediate halt, exhaling a blast of breath over the woman that momentarily cloaked her in a warm, fungus-scented blanket. He groaned loudly and began to lower his hulking form into the snow, ignoring the brace of men that were delving into the packs strapped to his shell. The young woman slipped a hand into her satchel and retrieved a braid of vine, half deep green and half royal purple, and tossed the bit of food into the waiting maw of the mutated reptile.

"Strap me in, will you Lilishka?" One of the harvesters turned his back to her, and without thinking she slipped off her gloves and deftly fastened his gear. There were several straps and buckles, not all being the original components to the armor, but she was more than familiar with all of the makeshift bits and her smaller hands made it easy. Much easier than waiting for the new harvesters to figure out how to get dressed, anyway. He turned back, nodded her a thanks through his mask, and headed off to join the rest of the crew.

Liliana watched him through glassy lenses for a moment longer, then turned back to the beast of burden. Such savages, these men. They only unpacked enough to grab what they immediately needed, leaving poor Legko's back holding empty boxes and rucksacks. She removed them slowly and set them in the snow beside the beast, taking the last one over to the cleared area beside the pit. The harvesters frequented this spot, due to the slight hill that offered cover from some of the wind and discouraged ambushes, and it had developed a permanent cleared area and charred ground beneath the snowfall. She set up a small covering over chopped wood, absently brushing the snow from it so that it would dry, then filled two metal buckets with some of the fresh powder. The heady smell of the Redwoods blanketed the entire clearing, and while it was commonly viewed as less than pleasant by most, Liliana and the harvesters had long since grown used to it. The smell of them wasn't usually toxic unless one was within three meters of the tree, and even then only for prolonged periods of time. The closest trees to her now were almost ten meters away, the huge cylindrical trucks stretching high into the hazy, fogged sky, crimson branches extending like tendrils that gradually became lost in the atmosphere. She could hear the sound of the men's axes and saws, the whir of a mechanical tool and various shouts of command or comraderie. For a moment, she stared upward, lost in the fading vermilion streaks.

"Squee!"

A porcine snout edged its way out of the top of her tightly-bound coat, followed by a short head and a pair of ears much too large for the rest of it. A few grunts of effort accompanied the emerging piglet as it clambered upwards, ridge of smooth bone along the center of its back gliding smoothly on the woman's shirt. Finally, he squirmed his way to freedom, only to find the way down to be much quicker. "SQUE - !"

Liliana allowed him to fall a couple of feet before catching him a few inches above the icy powder, one palm cradling his pudgy belly. Thoroughly ungrateful, the Razorback baby bucked free with an indignant grunt and promptly began inspecting the ground beneath the new snow, chuffing and grumbling. The blonde woman watched him without expression from the recesses of her hood, straightening her legs once more and returning to the packs.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 am 

Medals: 5
Original Character (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

"Welcome to Siberia! Home on the range. Great place for the family. Remembering to look for your friends, they're the ones who have all that good sausage. It should be noted however that this place is full of wild animals and who knows what sort of things they've been up to. Most of them have used the trains tracks to travel between the city remnants, though even those aren't too reliable due to the REAL SOVIET DAMAGE!"

And that was just some of the things those voices said. As far as Rock Hammer cared to listen, they were talking about the weather. The snow falling around him would have made him chilly if he had not covered himself in the skins of various wild dogs. At least his voices were right about that; lots of wild animals here, most of them feral or mutated dogs. Either too desperate to avoid him or too insane, but either way it only took a few swings of the Rock Hammer for Rock Hammer to deal with them. It was a shame too. He liked dogs.

Rock Hammer was heading north. Now where north was towards depended on where he was south, which he didn't know either. It was certainly warmer though. He had been walking for about seventeen days if he was keeping track of time, and most of his food supplies have long since been used up. Rock Hammer had been mostly eating the remains of the wild dogs that attacked him, but that was a week ago. He was down to his last one, which was frost-bitten and partially decayed. But food was food. And Rock Hammer was always hungry.

"Cash is always tight. How long are you going to keep working at school? You need to get your education boy! I heard that you can find some nice root veggies even in the snow, but you need to really dig deep. It's not always so icy you know? Blood boils at around 170 degrees and that's a good time to start adding the spices. If you can find the right tree, it might even have a rabbit."

The hulking beast stopped in the midst of a grove. When he arrived in a forest Rock Hammer was uncertain. He had been listening to the voices on the off chance that one of them had something useful to say. He looked around seeing all the red trees, which clashed against the white background. Than again he wasn't exactly stealthy either; his dog hide cloak might have been able to get some snow to stick onto him, but his sickly yellow-green skin made him look even more noticeable surrounded by the blood red trees. That's when he remembered something one of the voices said, something about looking for a rabbit at a tree. "Well... There are a lot of trees here. Maybe I'll get lucky."

Rock Hammer continued to walk, focusing his senses on looking for a rabbit. He guessed he'll eat it if he finds it. But rabbits are cute.

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Join me... And fulfill the oath.

And the blanks with your Username.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:44 am 

eyy, senpai!

Idle chat among the hunters died down. Where jokes and exchanged stories were, there was now silence and whispered orders. Being big and loud, while important, was their second plan. Taking the beast they were tracking by surprise was highly preferable. Minimal bloodshed and ammunition wasted meant more supplies for the next hunt, and less potential competition drawn their way. But if all else failed, and the thing they were following decided it didn't want to be hunted, then scaring the thing into submission was their best chance.

During the walk, distant sounds caught Viktor's ears. An engine of some sort? Maybe a power tool, it was hard to tell. A few very high-pitched squeals accompanying it made him consider turning the group towards the sound, but that led to another worry. If the source of the noise wasn't friendly, he didn't want to risk anyone being shot. But at the same time, with the creature out here, he predicted that the noise would attract its attention. "Damn it," He grumbled, motioning towards a few of the other hunters. "We're scoping it out, c'mon. Everyone else, wait here."

The order given was followed, and Viktor began moving forward, quickly but quietly. The sound of snow being crushed beneath his steps was almost unavoidable, but he could at least lessen how obvious it was. At most, it might sound like a small animal running around in the snow. If luck was on his side, the sounds would be drowned out by whatever that roaring engine was attached to. As he moved, he kept his arrowgun low and pointed to the ground in a non-threatening manner. Avoiding accidental confrontation would be preferable.

As he came up the side of the hill, Viktor kept himself low enough to peer over the top without making himself immediately obvious. His eyes surveyed the group within the clearing. None of them seemed actively hostile, but he knew better than to assume anyone was unarmed. A glance back at the other hunters, followed by a few exchanged nods, gave him and the others a mutual go-ahead to stand up and come atop the hill. Lowering his weapon, Viktor pushed himself to his feet, standing on the hill's summit with the others flanking him. He pulled his mask off his face, leaving his hair somewhat messy and his skin stinging from the sudden reintroduction to the cold, but making himself visible. People tended to talk better when they saw a person, not a pair of eyes through a balaclava.

"Hello there," Viktor called out, speaking in a clear tone of voice. At the greeting, a couple of the other hunters waved as well. Viktor's eyes, for a moment, hovered towards the tortoise, and the smallest smile appeared on his face for just a moment. He'd always liked those things. Getting back to the business at hand, he also gave a small wave of greeting, awaiting to see potential reactions before making another move. "You from around here? This place looks pretty well-worked." Clearings in Redwood were a fairly obvious sign of some sort of civilization nearby. The trees, despite their poisonous nature when raw and untreated, held great bounties for anyone who bothered to cut them.

In Viktor's opinion, however, they still smelled like ass.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:29 pm 

The hooded woman immediately straightened when the sound of boots breaking the fresh snow came from the top of the hill, and from the depths of the hood she observed the source; a group of men. All that she could see were clearly armed, but their weapons held in relaxed, non-threatening poses. Of course, who knew how many had yet to crest that hill? There could be an army. Thankfully, she didn't really care. Her gaze sharpened at the man who spoke. She couldn't see much of his face from her angle on the hill, but from what she could tell his boots and coat were military-grade gear. Though his bulk was concealed beneath the heavy clothing, she could tell even from this angle that he was not very tall for an adult, and his body posture belied a sort of confidence. Whether affected or honest was impossible to tell. The men on either side of him waved as well, their own weapons held in the same nonchalant manner as the leader's.

Liliana hesitated before speaking. She was not unfamiliar with the gangs of roving bandits around the area, though it would be odd for any of them to have come from north of the harvester's campsite. She raised her hand and gave a small wave, her own dropped shoulders and loose posture more akin to someone who had just woken up rather than someone that had been traveling in the cold since the small hours of the morning. "We... are not," she finally said in response to his question, her voice husky from disuse and monotone as always, lilting with a slight Polish accent. She spoke louder in hopes that it would carry to the top of the hill. "We only camp here - "

"We're harvesters from Moscow," echoed a voice to her immediate left. One of the men had approached from the worksite, his axe hefted lazily over his shoulder, dripping with a deep red goop that was eerily reminiscent to blood. His thick armor on the rest of his body had various splashes of the same liquid, mostly on his chest and arms. The man looked as though he had just committed a few murders rather than scrape some bark off an old tree. He removed his helmet and tinted face shield, revealing an older man with spikey grey hair and heavy bags under his eyes. A small firearm sat holstered on his upper left leg. "Do you hunt in these woods?" he asked, taking a step toward the strangers.

Liliana glanced behind, where the other harvesters still worked. The one with the drill didn't seem to notice anything, the machine still whirring away contentedly, but a few of the other men had slowed their pace and kept looking over their shoulders. The blonde woman could taste the suspicion radiating from them, but without a word from the leader or an obvious sign of a problem they would not stop working. They had a quota to fill, after all, and could hardly afford to jump at every last strange hunting party that drifted their way. She turned back to the packs, reaching in once more.

Meanwhile, the investigative little piglet had strayed a little further than he had probably intended from is companions. He kept his flat nose to the ground, snuffling around for little bits of edible root or other hidden treasures, his focus absorbed in his search and before he knew it, he had lost sight of his adoptive parent. There was another figure seven or eight yards in front of him, however. It smelled of animal skins and human life, and though it was larger than most humans, the little striped beast didn't seem to take fear from that; after all, most humans were quite large to his little eight-pound self. He froze, watching the lumbering figure, his domestic nature preventing him from fleeing immediately.

Last edited by Tyne on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:52 pm 

"Never feed rabbits carrots! Unhealthy stuff that, give you diabetes. Instead look for the leafy greens like curry leaves, but no water. What sort of an Indian are you if you can't handle a bit of spice? Chicken, pork, cow, it's all good. Unless you're one of them Arabs. Wait! No, it's Jews. Always the Jews, with their kosher and their milk. See those pokey bits? Not good eating. So that drippy stuff? You should fry that."

For once Rock Hammer was listening to his voices intently, mostly to hear what they had to say about the "Bunny" in front of him. It was actually a razor boar, but in hindsight, he doesn't know the difference between the two. He just figured a bunny was a small creature he could eat. The razor boar in front of him was small. Now if he could eat it-

"Always look for the bright side of things! And the upper side, and the behind, and the east side! But **** the west side, they're getting too much credit. JUMP!"

Rock Hammer's eyes grew wide and he did as the voices ordered, jumping into the air. It seemingly did nothing, but than he heard rustling from behind him. How he had not noticed the bears following him, Rock Hammer cursed the voices. He knew it was bears because they smelled of bears, but he could not see them. He could guess there was maybe seven, eight of them around. Did bears normally hunt in packs? He consulted the voices. "Do bears hunt in packs?"

"A fair fight to them is 'We outnumber the **** outa you'. Say hi! Give them a hug! Them good eating. Yao guai exhibit a gentle, familial bond toward one another when found together, suggesting a sense of honor and parenthood amongst them."

"I don't think they want to adopt me..." Rock Hammer took out his Rock Hammer and began to back up towards the razor boar. He wasn't afraid to fight the bears, but he wanted to know where they were at first. If they get the jump on him, even he won't be able to fight back. He had to shut out the voices for now and focus on the bears around him. Despite the lack of foliage aside from the red trees Rock Hammer could not see them. He listened, carefully, even used his nose, and than swung his hammer up.

One of the bears were attacking him from above. Rock Hammer grimaced as red liquid splattered on his face. At first it though it was just the bear's blood, but it was actually the sap from the tree's that the bear at on it's claws, which managed to hit him in the face. The burning sensation on Rock Hammer's face died down when he saw the bear fall, but much to his displeasure it was not dead. It stood up with a manged nose dripping blood, but it growled at him. And suddenly there was more growling. "Why couldn't it just be wolves?"

It all happened so fast. One moment Rock Hammer was standing in front of a little pig, and the next five seconds he was running through the redwood forest, but not before scooping up the razor boar in his immensely large hands. He wasn't going to stay and fight the pack of bears. But he wasn't sure how far he could outrun them, and he didn't know these woods as well as they did. If they were smart enough to ambush him from above, they might be smart enough to flank him, and than he'll just be in one huge mess. His best bet was to get to the high ground; he didn't want to climb trees since bears climbed trees, so he was going to run for the hills. WIth any luck maybe he'll find a boulder to throw at them or something.

Rock Hammer have the boar a curiosity glance, and... Was the boar talking to him?

"Run forest run! I always wanted to say that. Hey, do you hear that? Like a buzzing noise? Find that, and you'll be safe!"

"Buzzing noise? What buzzing noise? I don't hear anything like that."

"Squee! Oh, forget it than! Look, a hill! Go up there, there's a hole you can hide in. Or, well, a hole I can hide in. It's my rabbit hole. You're too big though, sorry. But I think I left a grenade around there you could use, but those telly tubbies are about to give you a hug!"

Sure enough the bears were hot on Rock Hammer's heel. Their snow-matted fur made it difficult for Rock Hammer to see them, though as they continued to give chase the snow was falling off their hide and revealing their true form. There was ten of them, with the biggest and meanest leading the pack.

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 pm 

eyy, senpai!

The hunters kept their casual stances, though the ones nearer the back had their backs turned on the woodcutters, keeping a watch on the distant woods. Anything that wasn't either white or red stuck out like a sore thumb in these parts of the forests, provided they weren't hidden behind a hill or other outcropping. As they carefully and methodically scanned the horizon, the rest of their party visible not fifty feet away, Viktor kept on with his group diplomacy. So far, it didn't seem to be going too bad. Other than a moment of watching the little pig take off in some direction, as well as a silent, but questioning hand motion towards the thing before he vanished, he kept a good focus on everyone.

His eyes went from Liliana to the other harvester when he interjected. The striking red of the tree's sap was a sight that took getting used to, really. In his experience with the trees, the blood-like liquid that flowed through the branches had caused quite an amount of distress in a few accomplices. People tended to cope with it after the first chop, but hitting something with an axe and getting sprayed with red liquid was quite the shocker. Viktor, to hopefully make himself a bit more visible, slid his hood off as well before replying.

"Moscow, huh? Been a while since I've been around there. Topside?" The city may as well have been two, given how the repurposed train tunnels gained a culture and community all their own. The harvester's own question was met with a shrug. "Ah, sometimes. We're a bit far off from our usual spot, but everywhere else has been dry this week." He pointed over his shoulder with his thumb to emphasize the next part of his sentence. "There's some tracks down there, look pretty fresh. Huge, too. We think they might belong to a bear, maybe more than one. That drill might bring it over."

A single mutant bear was bad news. But if there were more than one? Viktor doubted that the usual tactic of standing in a chaotic group and making a cacophony of sounds would scare them off. He'd never seen them hunting in packs, but didn't doubt that it was a possibility. The things were damned smart, and given how the stronger ones so easily overpowered the more feeble bears, alliances between the creatures weren't out of the question. Since even the weakest mutant bear was still a wall of muscle and claw, a collection of them was sure to be even worse than a single strong one.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:57 pm 

"Oi, Dem. Demitiri!" the lead harvester called over his shoulder, back to the other men by the trees. The one holding the drill didn't hear him, but one of the men that had been keeping an appraising eye on the situation punched him, and motioned to him to turn the machine off. It was too far away for the group by the hill to hear the brief exchange, but there appeared to be a lot of swearing and the drill remained off. The large man hefted his ax to his other broad shoulder and motioned for Viktor to approach before he stuck out his own wide palm in greeting. "The name's Em - "

His words cut off abruptly as a massive roar cut through the light snowfall, filling the entire clearing.

Within a second every one of the harvesters had dropped their various implements for treebark-removal and had hefted large rifles or shotguns to their sides, flipping their tinted face shields up and immediately breaking into jogs back toward the tortoise. Liliana jerked her arms from the rucksack and spun in the direction of the roar, staring intently. She flipped back her hood quickly so she could hear easier and stood stock still, and for a second the only sound was Legko receeding deep into his massive shell with a throaty growl. Something in the back of her mind recognized that Dziecko was nowhere to be seen or heard, but for now she was more focused on the potential death that had rattled the entire forest with a nightmarish roar.

"Close," the leader murmured, his back to the armed strangers on the hill, one hand on his revolver and the other still firmly on the handle of his ax, "Lili, stay to the - " His words were cut off yet again as another figure crested the hill. A brief spasm of surprised creased his weathered features, but he had no time to question the situation further.

From a distance -not much distance- the figure simply seemed a tall man wearing ratty clothing. He would have loved to analyze the strange figure further, but he was somewhat distracted by the cacophony of snarls and resounding bloodthirsty roars that followed him.

Liliana's lips parted ever so slightly with her sharp inhale, and her eyes widened almost imperceptibly. That... was a lot of bears. She could feel the thick blanket of dread settle across the hearts of the harvesters as the blood drained from their faces almost in sync. They were a sturdy group of men, all of them experienced with the occasional tussle with wildlife or bandits or even the odd demon or two. A few of them even boasted a battle prowess surpassing that. But no one was prepared for this. A beat passed, and Liliana exhaled, her eyes immediately relaxing. No use in getting worked up. If she fell here, then it was here she fell.

She even piped up. "Daniil," she said to one of the men, her voice as deadpan as ever, "shoot already."

Her voice broke the harvesters's thoughts like a baseball bat crashing into a mirror. Immediately blood began rushing again and one of the men holding a leveled rifle fired, the immobilizing shock instantly evaporating from his shoulders. A concurrent roar signaled a hit but not a kill, and as instinct took over none of them seemed to see anything but the mass of muzzle and teeth and fury. Liliana stood behind the line of harvesters, her hands in her pockets and fingers curled around the handles of her knives. Her body posture remained languid and relaxed, and her facial expression would be more appropriate on someone listening to a lecture. Her eyes stayed fixedly ahead, the murky depths as unreadable as ever.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:56 pm 

Scott had been loosely tailing this bear, in the hopes of an easy scavenge, but he lost sight of it a few hours before. Figuring he may as well keep going, no sense stopping now, he stayed moving in a generally straight line. Through it all he'd realized there were roughly ten in this mob. The hike only got harder, and he crested a hill only mildly concerned as to what lay beyond.

The rifle felt weighted on his shoulders after all the trekking through dense wilderness, but as he saw the field below he felt anew. Numerous hunters about to come across numerous boars. It would be a bloody struggle, no way to tell the outcome. He slid his rifle about and dropped to the dusty ground. Settling against a large rock, and balancing his rifle atop another, he takes a solid look at the two packs of hunters in the grassy plain below.

He notes the leader of one is carrying a strange contraption, but still one that could do damage. This holds his interest, as he studies it through his gritty scope. Then he hears the snarling mass of the bears getting louder, and as he looks forward he realizes there's a man running at him towards the hill he's laying prone on... and the man's holding a young razorback. And if that wasn't bad enough, there was the pack of bears, hot on his heels.

"Ah..!" Scott scrambles to a crouched position against the rock, but with the man running towards him he doesn't want to risk playing grim reaper. The heavy grain rounds should be plenty to stop the bears, given a shot to the brain, but the same could stop a man to the chest. In this case, even a leg shot could prove fatal. He glances around for cover, finding his way up a tree faster than he thought possible. But... Can't bears climb trees? Nevertheless, from this new position, he can fire without risking the man's death.

The silent rounds fly, hitting the lead bear with the sickening squelch of crushed flesh, meat, and bone. But for all the good they did, he may as well been throwing rocks. "That's not right..." Rounds that had the ability to pierce light body armor should go through these bears with no issue. But something's wrong... Scott climbs higher.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 am 

On the bright side, not all the bears were chasing him now. When Rock Hammer reached the top of the hill another group of humans managed to get the bears attention, causing the pack to split apart. How many left Rock Hammer wasn't sure, but he knew that only the big one and two more were after him, for certain. And when a bullet hit one of the bears, it dazed the bear long enough that it was pushed out of the way, leaving Rock Hammer's pursuers down to two.

This would be the best place to fight off the bears as any. Here Rock Hammer had the high ground, and spotting a bit rock in the distance, if he could take out some of these bears he could chuck that rock at one of the bears and hopefully scare the rest of them off. As the boss bear was about to lunge at him, Rock Hamer swung his weapon behind him, knocking the bear aside. It didn't do much but annoy the bear, but it also made sure that Rock Hammer wouldn't get his throat ripped out. "Go on little guy, stay in your rabbit hole." Rock Hammer let the little razorback boar go to do whatever it needs to do while the colossal mutant focused on his fight. He silenced the voices in his head so he could concentrate on fighting these beasts.

The boss bear recovered from Rock Hammer's blow and now had the back up of one more bear, the same one that Rock Hammer had smashed before. It seemed to still hold that grudge as it charged forward, claws poised to tear Rock Hammer apart. But he didn't simply stand there and take it: placing his stone maul in front of him, when the bear was in range he lifted the hammer up sharply, crashing into the bear's chin. It was enough to knock the bear onto it's back, but it's low groan told Rock Hammer that the bear wasn't dead yet. The Boss Bear barreled from Rock Hammer's left side, low to the ground and coming in fast. With his hammer in the air the mutant brought it down with as much force as he could when the bear got nearer, but the bear swiped the hammer away from him before ti could find ti's mark, leaving Rock Hammer open. He could feel sharp teeth digging into his abdomen through his dog-hide clothes, but Rock Hammer didn't even let out a groan. The Bear was trying to bite his guts apart, holding him close in a bear hug, but Rock Hammer would need to take more damage than that to make him submit. Using the hand holding the rock hammer, Rock Hammer held the bear's head steady, steady enough anyways that the bear could do nothing but gnaw on the bit of flesh that it already had in his mouth. Once the bear's head was more or less still, Rock Hammer stabbed his index finger into the bear's eye socket.

There was so much force and speed over the small area you'd think that someone shot the bear in the face with a shotgun. But no, it was all Rock Hammer. Blood covered his head as the bear roared in agony, weakening his grip enough for Rock Hammer to push the bear away. And none too soon, as he saw the other bear he had knocked over come charging at him. Rock Hammer side stepped the bear this time, but also slammed his weapon against the bear's front left paw, not only tripping it as it charged pasted but also breaking the bear's leg with a sickening crunch. The bear moaned in distress due to it's lame leg, but Rock Hammer put it out of it's misery with a solid, well placed blow to the head. Shards of skulls and brain matter stained the pure way snow and Rock Hammer.

That was one down, but the boss was already up and angry. However, from the heavy wound from it's eye and Rock Hammer's own largely decent health, even the bear knew that this was a battle that it would lose. Perhaps out of fear or simply because it was smart enough to do so, the bear fled, running down the hill and disappearing into the Redwood trees. With the immediate threats gone Rock Hammer put away his weapon and strode towards the other side of the hill. He saw a few other bears attacking the humans with their guns, but he knew that the humans wouldn't stand a chance. Those bears would be able to shrug off their gunfire and close the distance. They needed something to slow them down. Something to knock them down. Picking up the giant stone that sat on the hill, Rock Hammer chucked it into the pack of bears, crushing at least one. He roared off the top of his lungs to get their attention, and hopefully scare them off. Being covered in the blood and gore of one of their own might've help.

Eggs wrote:

Draconilian wrote:

Freeshooter92 wrote:

Doodleniks wrote:

Shadowed wrote:

Last edited by LuciusCypher on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 am 

eyy, senpai!

Viktor had, at most, just enough time to approach the others and reach out for a handshake. Up close, and much more visible, Viktor looked quite a bit less threatening than he might have on the hill. Even in his high-grade clothes and with that arrowgun in his hand, he wasn't exactly tall, and the friendly expression of greeting he held looked completely genuine. Unfortunately, meetings were cut short, and at the sound of the roar, his attention snapped in its direction. His gun raised, and his hands gripped the weapon tightly and properly, one hand on the sliding pump below the rotating barrels holding the darts, the other ready to shoot, finger just outside the trigger guard.

Likewise, the hunters on the hill moved themselves into position, their own guns and bows raised and ready to shoot. The ones who had been sitting at the trail, at least four others, came atop the hill alongside them, readying themselves for incoming confrontation. At the sounds of multiple roars, some looks of worry were exchange, but Viktor himself stayed level-headed. "Everyone," He said clearly, ordering the hunters that had followed him here. "Stick together. One of 'em comes, make some noise. Scare the bastards." The tried-and-true method of using fear as a weapon seemed like the only option now. The bears were hard enough to kill alone. A whole pack? May as well have been impossible.

Gunshots at the sight of the visible beasts acted as a signal to start. Viktor, leveling his arrowgun's sights with one of the ones not being engaged, pulled the trigger. A strong puff of air shot forward a metal-tipped dart, hitting a bear in the neck. A roar of discomfort, and its focus, were the result. As the beast turned towards him, Viktor pumped the gun, readying another barrel, and shot again. This dart hit the creature in the nostril, piercing its nose and causing even greater distress, and served as a good enough distraction for him to switch focus. The pressure gauge on the weapon was lowering. He suspected he had enough for another shot, maybe two. No time to ready the pump, either.

The distressed roar of the leader was a good sign. Some sort of progress was being made, and the sound of hefty feet running away meant the leader was essentially taken care of. Another hunt for another day, perhaps. A beast of that size couldn't be allowed near any civilization. The rest of the pack was still an immediate threat, but the combined shooting and yelling of the other hunters managed to spook at least a few of the beasts. When Rock Hammer's roar tore through the still air, and the boulder killed yet another of the pack, the rest decided survival was more important than the meager prey they could obtain from the humans in the area. Bloodied from bullets and frightened by sound, the lesser bears turned and ran to live another day, though the one Viktor shot at remained in place, still trying to tear the darts from its face. An incoming slug from a hunter's shotgun struck the beast's eye, and it fell.

Viktor released a deep breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, and lowered the gun. He surveyed the post-carnage area, frowning to himself. The death of the bears that hadn't escaped wasn't bad, per se. Meat, oil, fur, and bones could all be used back in civilization. But multiple bear corpses would be hard to deal with. Carrion-seekers would doubtlessly come, pragmatic beasts looking for an easy meal in the woods. And the sounds they'd made would be carried for miles, potentially bringing about other, far-off threats. After some stillness, he approached one of the dead bears, and plucked the two darts he fired from its snout. Once he had them, he released the air from the gun's pressurized reserve by flicking what was once the revolver in the frame's safety switch, rendering the weapon unusable until it was repumped.

"Well, that happened," He commented, wiping the darts off on the bear's fur. Once they were reasonably clean, he lowered the arrowgun's barrels and placed them in the weapon once more.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 am 

As Dziecko sprang from the giant's arm, he made a beeline for the blonde woman, his tiny cloven hooves barely leaving imprints in the snow. A squeal caused Liliana to turn, and for once a glimmer of expression made it across her stony face. Her brow registered a very mild surprise. Without another thought she knelt down, caught the piglets flying leap into her arms, and turned back to the face the oncoming slaughter, all in one smooth movement. The Razorback wasted no time in burrowing down the front of her jacket, disappearing into the folds until not even his ears were visible.

The harvesters remained lost in the stillness for some time after the firefight ended, as though they were trying to cope with the fact that no one had been savagely torn apart. Each one of them had at least subconsciously been ready to either watch everyone be shredded or be shredded themselves, and to find their bodies totally in tact caused at least three faces to hold expressions of astonishment. They lowered their weapons as the coppery smell of the bear's blood filled the clearing, a few of them finally breaking into weak-kneed grins and clapping their fellow employees on the shoulders. Two of them immediately turned to Liliana and gave her a once-over with their eyes, though the enemy had not even gotten past their line. A few of the more practical or experienced harvesters were already going through their personal packs or the camp supply for more ammunition and reloading their weapons, and as one of them lowered his face shield with the obvious intent of getting back to work, the leader finally spoke again.

"Niet, lad. We ain't stayin' here. Give your gear a quick rinse, bind what bark we got and pack it up. You too, Li - Hm?" As the bustle of movement followed his quiet orders, he noticed that the one woman in his crew was not paying the slightest bit of attention to him; her eyes were fixed on the giant of a man that stood on the hill. They flickered only briefly to the puddle of blood and bear fat that lay under a large boulder, then to the bear that no longer had any semblance of a skull, then landed back to the giant covered in skins. He had an obvious wound in his midsection, one that was absence of clean teeth marks and looked more they way a bit of gristle does after a dog has been chewing at it for a few hours. His bestial roar still echoed in her ears. She didn't approach, but she didn't look away.

Her boss followed her gaze, prompting the rest of the harvesters to hazard a glance as well. Some of them seemed very uneasy about the massive man's presence, still keeping their weapons close, but most of them merely watched him with a mixture of curiosity and gratitude. They had seen the boulder crush the bear, after all. It was a frightening thought that someone made of flesh and blood could do such a thing, but the end result was that they were safe. For some, that was enough.

Finally, the tall man spoke to the leader of the hunters, his eyes remaining on the giant. "Friend of yours?" he queried softly.

Dziecko squealed and grunted and squirmed his way back to the top of Liliana's jacket, hearing the lack of gunfire and the reassuring sound of familiar voices. He poked his head out, nose first as always, then chuffed and surveyed the scene. The woman placed a hand on his head as though to hold him steady with her, but the little beast would have none of it and promptly threw himself from the parka. As always, she caught him just before he hit the ground. She hesitated before putting him down, but he squeaked and bucked his way free as always and trotted, totally fearless, to the colossal man. He stood only a few yards in front of the empty-faced woman, staring to his rescuer with a soft grunt. Liliana couldn't help but demonstrate the slightest twinge of surprise yet again before relaxing into blankness.

She took a step toward the piglet and the boulder-thrower. "Thank you," she said clearly.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 am 

((Sorry for the short post, but I wanted to give others a space to react to my character's appearance.))

Finding the animals be run off so quickly came as a surprise to Scott, but then, animals with no leader tend to have no reason to stay. Even man operates that way, needing some higher power to continue their mission. He slides down from the tree, tempted to just walk away, there being no deaths to scavenge from, from he felt the need to thank this larger man who was the savior of the entire mass. Even Scott, despite the fact he was only in danger when the bears were led to him, was still kept from harm due to this large man's actions.

He begins a trek down the hill, his rifle slung around his pack, and his hands loosely at his sides. The last think he needs after that is to be shot. He may be shot still, just for his gear, but these people appeared to be at least remotely honorable. Workers and hunters, just as he once was, but desperate men do desperate things.

"And women.." He speaks to himself, as he notes the woman now holding the razorback. He watches it jump from her arms, as she thanks the man as well. About thirty yards off, he slows to a more relaxed walk, with the idea of showing no threat. He can't be sure how well he achieves that, with his mask, goggles, and whatnot, but life is a wonderful thing.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm 

The bears ran off. "Good." Rock Hammer thought. If wasn't sure if that would have worked. He might have killed at least two of the bears and made their biggest run off, but when it came to these wild animals usually scaring them only gave Rock Hammer time to put some distance between him and his unwanted guest until the fight was back on. And no one was killed to boot, which was always a good thing. He'd have to be more careful next time however, and make sure he was listening to his surroundings instead of his voices.

"Whoo! One hell of a show that was, did you see them lasers fly? Like clockwork I tell ya, reminds me of my first battle back at Yugo, against those demons. And there was no survivors. So, you come from the sticks or something? Thank you, by the way, but could you kindly move that giant rock so we can get our tasty tasty morsels? Please sir, can I have some more?"

Voices were back. And he couldn't really block them out this time, not after he silences them like before. But he was fairly used to this by now. He'd let them ramble in his head while he would go skin and eat that bear. But before he could leave the hill that little razrboar was back and it spoke to him again.

"Hey, hey, what are you doing mister? We're going to have a great bit party! There will be nice food and drinks and people and warm fire. Not like that mean fire from a couple of weeks ago, when you got covered in that black stuff by those bad people. This is good fire. Why don't you come and stay and hang out with us?"

To complicated matters, the piglet's voice was lost in the cacophony of other voices in Rock Hammer's head. Worse still, the piglet's master, some sort of yellow-haired woman. Rock Hammer could see her mouth move to form words but everything she said, if she said anything at all, was mixed in the various sounds and voices that Rock Hammer was hearing. He wasn't sure what she had said, from asking his name to his military record (which he wouldn't know anyways unless the voices told him something, and he wasn't really paying attention to them at this point either).

Rock Hammer decided to just try to think about other things that he'll need to do. Looking down at his guts, he now began to notice he was bleeding out. The pain hit him all at once, but again, he had worse, so he didn't clutch into a ball and cry in pain or anything. Still, his wounds really really hurt, and if he didn't do something about it soon it was going to hurt more. At least his guts were still inside his body and the bear only managed to scar up his harden abdomen. Poking at some flesh that was torn off, he took off one of his dog hides and tied that around his body, as a makeshift bandage. He wasn't sure how useful it'll be at healing his wounds, but at least he won't be bleeding everywhere now.

That was one problem solved, now to the woman and her piglet. Rock Hammer did contemplate eating the "bunny", as he recognized it as, however with a fresh kill not too far behind him Rock Hammer opted to spare the creature. Besides, from how affectionate it was with the woman, Rock Hammer knew that it was a pet, an people don't like him eating pets, even if they were delicious. He than looked up to the woman, and to his surprise she was still there and looking at him. Did she say something that he was suppose to respond to? Rock Hammer got nervous. He wasn't paying attention to the voices and likely didn't hear her say anything. What would she have to say to him anyways? Seeing that she wasn't point weapons at him she wasn't scared of him. Which may or may not be a bad thing, though for all he knew she might be angry at him too. She didn't look like it, but last time he talked to a woman, she was distracting him so he would get covered in oil. He still never figured out why those people did that to him.

"Uh... Hi." That was the best that Rock Hammer could respond with. The voices went nuts, saying random things about "Scoring" and "Fooly Cooly" and other things that Rock Hammer could recognize as sexual innuendos, but only listened in on the off chance that the woman speaks to him again. Hopefully she'll talk about something that doesn't involve a tussle in the bushes, or else Rock Hammer would never understand her. "I... I'm going to eat that bear. Nice to meet you." And just as quickly as they met, Rock Hammer nervously left the woman and her pet to go skin that bear he killed. He took out his sharp knife and first began to skin the beast. His fur would make a nice hood. His flesh could be strapped to his body like organic armor and a quick snack. But this was going to take a while. Rock Hammer was already thinking about dragging this bear somewhere where he could cut it up in peace.

He stopped and looked back at the woman. "Maybe she would know?" Rock Hammer said out loud. He rarely thought to himself, seeing that his voices were in his head. He was scared that if he thought in his head, his voices would steal his words from his mouth.

"Go find a cave and make that bear skin rug your magic carpet to glory! Go go go! Caves are often teeming with wildlife and treasure, like a skeleton made of diamonds. I mean, have you ever punched a bird? Half the damage!"

Rock Hammer quickly returned to ignoring the voices and continued to talk to himself. "Hmm... I don't want those bears to come back. But this is going to take some time. Maybe if I work on it while I look for a cave, I'll be done. Kind of hungry still though..." Rock Hammer mumbled to himself as he continued to skin the bear.

Eggs wrote:

Draconilian wrote:

Freeshooter92 wrote:

Doodleniks wrote:

Shadowed wrote:

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)

Inga woke up slowly to the noise of people in the distance.

Trying to blink away grogginess, she lifted her head off the tree branch she was resting on- and then remembered where she was. The previous night she had climbed a tree and tied herself in to sleep more safely. Most predators in the forests didn't climb trees, so she was safer up high. That was one of the tips her dad had told her for if she was traveling alone. He hadn't mentioned the stiffness in he arms. Groaning, she began working at the knots crossing her stomach. Her fingers were numb from the cold, making the work slow, but eventually untied the last knot and swung her legs so she was sitting on the branch with her legs hanging off the side. Inga squinted into the distance, trying to discern the source of the noise. She had been trying to head towards civilization, so maybe she was closer than she thought- but then she heard the gunshots. Maybe this wasn't something she wanted to be near. After unhooking her bag from a nearby tree branch, Inga coiled up the rope and stowed it her bag, trying to decide her next move. Heading towards fighting didn't seem like a good idea, but then it was the only sign of people she had had for days. And it would mean heading off the route her family had planned if she went away from the source of the noise. Maybe she should just wait. She idly pulled out a strip of dried venison and began chewing on it.

Then she heard the heavy footsteps at the base of the tree. She looked down.

The biggest bear she had ever seen was limping through the clearing.

Inga stopped chewing. Maybe, she thought, if she ignored it, and held very still, it would go away. Instead, it snorted loudly and laid down at the base of the tree. She gritted her teeth. It was just her luck that one of the few animals that climbed trees would show up while she was in a tree. She squinted at it, trying to get a better sense of what she was up against. Blood was dripping off it, obviously fresh. Was it wounded? If it was, maybe she could kill it before it had a chance to kill her. Gingerly, she reached out to grab her gun- she had hung it the previous night on the same tree branch she had hung her bag. The noise was too loud in the quiet, but the bear didn't move. Maybe it was already dead. Maybe she could just climb off through the trees and totally avoid fighting an angry bear. She stood carefully and began to step onto a nearby branch.

It immediately snapped under her weight, dropping the branch and a ton of snow below. Inga screamed and snagged a branch as she fell, her arms screaming in protest. Her gun banged against her painfully as she dangled by her arms. The bear below started as the thick tree limb fell besides it. It looked up at Inga and glowered at her, a low growl rumbling in its throat.

Inga desperately tried to remember how one scared away bears. Try to look big? Make a lot of noise? She screamed again, desperately trying to find another foothold. The stiffness in her arms was coming back, and she wasn't sure how long she could hold herself up. The bear snarled and clawed at the tree. "Help!" Inga shouted, hoping someone was in earshot.

Magpie Krupin was in earshot, but she was busy looking for her dog.

He had run off after some small fluffy animal, which was annoying because she had thought she had finally broken him on that habit. The big galoot was pretty easy to follow though- she just had to follow the sound of barking and the huge footprints on the snow. However, the screaming made her pause. She really wanted to look for her dog, but whoever was screaming sounded like a kid, and honestly, dead children was a much too depressing way to start a day. Besides, it was the sort of thing that Tiny would head towards. So she turned and began heading at a slightly faster pace towards the noise, holding her gun at the ready. She whistled, hoping that maybe the dog would answer the signal, but she only heard the answering tweet of a bird and more screaming. Magpie sighed.

Tiny was, in fact, distracted by the screaming. He turned and sniffed the air, then, barking again, began running towards the noise, barking the whole way. He usually had a predisposition to ferret out those in need and offer assistance, often at his own detriment. He careened through the underbrush, drawing closer to Inga's location.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm 

eyy, senpai!

A noncommittal shrug was the answer to the tall harvester's question. Viktor had never seen the mutant before, but he was damn glad that he had come along when he did. "Never met the guy, nope." He returned to a stand near the others, leaving the side of the dead bear. Rock Hammer's proclamation of his plans to eat the bear prompted Viktor to shoot a question in return to the harvesters. "Don't suppose you folks need any food back home? There's a lot to go around." He could likely handle bringing back one bear to where he lived, but more than that wouldn't be very efficient. The meat would spoil before it could be used up, and the sheer weight of the beasts made dragging any more than a single one a huge pain. For a bigger settlement, it might not be much of a problem, but the town Viktor was hunting for wasn't a bustling city.

He turned when he heard approaching footsteps. Another newcomer, Scott, was headed towards the group. The facial coverings were understandably a bit worrying. Viktor's brows furrowed ever-so-slightly at the sight of him coming along, but his casual stride suggested no ill intent. Trying his luck, Viktor waved with his free hand, the other still holding onto his arrowgun. The inert weapon, while rather threatening in appearance, was unable to do anything with its air pressure released. He was about to speak to him, but the sound of screams in the distance caught his attention. They sounded like a child's. An immediate sense of urgency struck him, and he dropped the arrowgun to the ground, bolting forward. Three of the hunters, on noticing him break into a run, immediately followed.

As he scrambled over the hill and towards the edge of the clearing, a hand went over his shoulder, grabbing the wooden stock of an empty assault rifle. The sling it was attached to, looped over his torso, slid across his vest and was moved by the pull, now laying against the back of his neck. His other hand went to his belt, grabbing a mostly-full magazine of 5.56 ammunition. The mag was put into the gun, and after the charging handle was pulled back, he gripped the rifle tightly and kept moving. During his run, he mumbled a quiet "Son of a ****ing" to himself. One of those bears, he guessed, was still causing trouble.

By the time the bear's snarls came into audible distance, Viktor had caught sight of the monstrosity attacking a tree. A view of Inga, as well as her request for aid, was all it took to kick Viktor into action. He shouted, loudly, as he and the hunters approached. "Hey!" He barked out at the bear, taking aim and shooting it in the jaw with his gun. "Over here!" The other hunters made some noise as well. Whether they were just yelling or insults varied, but after Viktor took another shot, they all opened fire. Their bullets weren't particularly large or exceptionally powerful, but even if they didn't kill the thing, they were hoping they could drive it off.

The sound of incoming barking prompted a hunter to try to ask Viktor a question. His only response was to tell him to shut up and keep shooting, which he did. A hail of gunfire was rained down on the mutant ursine, all the shots focused and well-aimed, but rapid enough to hopefully prevent it from recovering and charging them.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 pm 

Liliana's blank face registered no emotion at the mutant's not-so-expected response, and as he walked past her to the one of the slaughtered beasts with the intent of a bloody meal she made no movement. Once he a few yards away she hazarded and uncharacteristic glance over her shoulder in his direction- just in time to see him glance over his shoulder and ask himself a question. Unashamedly she continued to stare, until the hulking figure bent down with a knife in his hand to begin the arduous process of skinning the mammal, still talking to himself in a voice that was obviously only meant for himself. Curious. She had often wondered what an "inner" voice sounded like when it was no longer inside. She left her empty eyes on the strange giant for only a moment more before turning back to her boss, the Razorback piglet hot on her heels. She flipped her hood up in one smooth motion and the dark gold of her hair was swallowed in shadow.

"You two," he barked quietly, his voice somehow carrying across the clearing, "go grab one of them bears, strap it on. Dem, get that gear packed, we can't stay here. Andrei, go find Ivan and Zak. When we're - "

The sound of the roar, farther away than before, echoed through the clearing again and was immediately followed with shrill screams. An expression of concern flitted across all of the harvester's faces (except Liliana) and they stopped what they were doing. Like a shot the hunters were off, gone almost before anyone could see them leave. For a minute the remaining men stared after them, a small wave of indecision flickering through their eyes. Finally, the leader spoke again. "Nay, lads. We'll stay out of the way on this one. Just do your jobs and keep your heads - " For the umpteenth time that morning, his words were interrupted as he caught sight of yet another stranger on the outskirts of the Redwood campsite.

Liliana's eyes felt to him as well. He had a weapon, but it was on his back and his gait was non-threatening, almost a saunter. From the depths of her hood she studied what features of him she could discern from within his swathes of clothing. He was maybe a little taller than a lot of the men she had seen and didn't seem to be quite as lean as most of them, though it was hard to tell beneath his clothing. She kept her eyes on him as he approached, until he too dashed away after the hunters.

She turned back to the packing men. Demitri was currently trying to convince the tortoise to stand so that he could finish strapping the rucksacks and boxes to the reptile's shell, but so far Legko had declined to even extend his head beyond it's confines. A wave of light irritation passed through the dead-eyed woman as she watched the man's futile attempts to coax the tortoise, and when that didn't work, to push him. Really? He was going to lift the eight-foot-long tortoise? Had she been the demonstrative sort, she would have rolled her eyes to the heights of the haze-riddled sky.

Instead, she reached into the satchel at her side and retrieved another length of green-and-purple vine, then leaned over and held it enticingly a few inches in front of Legko's nostrils. A rather high-pitched coo emitted from the previously-unresponsive shell and his head hesitantly emerged, extending farther as Liliana slowly withdrew the juicy plant. Finally, his neck fully extended, followed by his feet, and he heaved himself up with a little groan of effort. The woman tossed him the vine and scratched the top of his head, giving a soft murmur in Polish.

Demitri made a childish face and gave a quietly muttered "show-off" before strapping the luggage securely. If she heard, Liliana gave no notice; her attention returning to the heavily-muscled man currently tearing into the sinew of a bear and talking to himself.

Last edited by Tyne on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:27 pm 

Scott, hearing the screams at the same time, hesitates for a second. The same thoughts rush through his mind... What's in it for me..? Then he ignores it and rushes off after this hunter, pulling the old mag out of his rifle and shoving in a fresh one. He's almost afraid of what he'll find. A gored child strewn across a clearing? Some new beast that only mimics a child?

Whatever it is, this group of ten large and fierce looking men should be able to take it. Then there's Scott, small, but still fierce looking. Possibly. More... Mysterious looking. But still.

He came upon the scene before him with the rest of the hunting party. Figuring if enough rounds go into something, it must die, he opens fire on the bear as well. The silenced rounds are not very loud or menacing, chichichichichichichink, but they're fast and powerful, all hitting the monster, first across its flank, then mostly into its head. As the thirty round magazine runs dry, he shrugs back the rifle for his small, but much louder handgun. POP, POP, POPOP, POP

It roars horrifically, its fur now matted with blood and his mug distorted from the hundreds of bullets being drilled into it across its entire being. But it backs up, staggering under the barrage, then stumbles back and rolls onto its flank. As the sounds of gunfire slowly die off, the beast lets go a long breath of air from its lungs. This causes another quick burst of gunfire from the less experienced hunters, but Scott knows that that is only the muscles in the bear's lungs relaxing in death. The beast has been slain. Not efficiently, perhaps, but it was done.

In the heat of the fight, Scott had grown far too warm beneath his mask and hood, and after looking around at the clearing he figures it's safe to take them off. He pulls his mask down to sit across his neck, and the goggles up to rest on the bill of his hat, then pushes back his hood. This reveals the gruff, but young man beneath them. His beard is shaved into a rough goatee so the mask seals properly. His hair is rough and untrimmed, growing slightly long. Blinking, he rubs his eyes. He can still feel the rings and imprint the mask left across his features. As he looks up, it's possible for some to note an ingrained sadness behind his eyes, but he has the grin any young man would have after a large kill such as this, even if it was shared.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 pm 

"Those guys... Are real nosy..." Rock Hammer noted as he finished skinning the bear. It wasn't perfect and the bear's hide was ragged due to some bad cuts, but for the most part it was a nice hide. It was large enough to serve as Rock Hammer's new cloak, though the bear's missing head meant that he would have nothing to keep his head warm. It was fine with him. Once he finds a safe place, he could fashion himself a hat. Maybe even a helmet. Now all that was left was the bear's fleshy meat and bone. The cold air would ensure the bear's meat stays preserved for longer than it normally would, but much like the remains of his wild dog, it would only last so long before the fangs of ice bite into his precious meat and turn it cold and sour.

In the distance he heard the humans chase run after a scream. It sounded like a smaller human, but with so many heading over there Rock Hammer figured that he would not be needed. As quickly as the scream went out, a mass of gunfire followed. When it stopped, Rock Hammer guessed that the threat, most likely one of the bears, were dead. Looking at the fleshless corpse at his feet, Rock Hammer contemplated how he should deal with all this meat. He did intend to strap choice cuts onto his body, both to keep himself warm and to serve as morbid armor. And that's what he did. As the humans dealt with the bears and their belongings, Rock Hammer went about to fashion himself his armor of flesh.

When he decided to leave the hill he was a horrific sight. Tied to his body were the partially frozen steaks of the bear. Most of it came from the legs and loins, with the rest of the bear's remains wrapped in a bundle using the bear's own hide. Attached to the meat armor were also bits of the Bear's bones, such as it's ribs and femurs, which served to add a bit of protection. They were strapped to his body either by the dog hides or tightly bounded bear intestines. If Rock Hammer needed to look like a demonic monster, he had largely succeeded. But despite his new look, he was still as friendly as before.

Rock Hammer looked at the humans below, where the woman had gone towards. They seemed to be collecting the wood in the forest, and some of the men were harvesting what was left of the bears. Unlike him, they would not be able to make use of all of the bears, and even if they wanted to the bears were quite heavy. They were dragging away one of the bears, but left the one that Rock Hammer had crushed with the boulder. Did they not want the meat? Or perhaps the rock was too heavy for them? Rock Hammer figured it was the latter, and if not, more for him. He strode over to the rock, careful not to get in anyone's way, and pushed the rock off the bear. Beneath was the bear, it's body thoroughly crushed. It's limbs twisted in unnatural ways and there seemed to be no life in it's eyes. But Rock Hammer was careful. He reached down to the bear's neck and twisted it. He has met many animals in the past who attacked him even when they looked to be dead. He saw some hunters do this trick with deer and small animals, even after they shot them. If nothing else, now the head would be easier to remove if Rock Hammer or the humans wanted it.

Speaking of the humans, Rock Hammer debated if he should stick around. Since they haven't shot at him yet, he could guess that they are friendly too. But he wasn't sure if they knew people who would want to hurt him. He was hesitant. He consulted the voices for action, hoping that they would know what to do.

"If there ever was a dinosaur in a mound of icicles, I would wanna train it to ride a ball. Cuz, revolution ain't never gonna televise, kicking the mad flow, microphone phenotype. In fact, if you put oy and poodle together in the same sentence, you'd have a great new catch phrase, you know? Like, oy with the poodles already. So from now on, when the perfect circumstances arise, we will use our favorite new catch phrase."

"Oy with the poodles already." Rock Hammer said to no one in particular. He didn't think anyone was listening, and those who were he doubt they would understand. He certainly didn't. Instead Rock Hammer did the somewhat more understandable thing and lifted up the bear's mangled corpse. He walked over to where the woman was next to her turtle and dropped the bear near her feet. He had not noticed that she had been looking at him this entire time. "Do you want this?" Rock Hammer pointed to the bear's corpse.

Eggs wrote:

Draconilian wrote:

Freeshooter92 wrote:

Doodleniks wrote:

Shadowed wrote:

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)

Inga had not actually expected for help to come- she had assumed she would end up as the bear's next meal- or snack, she supposed, considering the size of it. However, the sound of gunfire was certainly a welcome noise, as the bear roared and turned its attention on the people who had appeared. Inga watched as they took down the massive beast. While there was a huge group, it still took them quite a while. However, the beast at last fell, blood staining the pure white snow. Inexplicably, a huge dog loped into the clearing, barking madly. However, he ceased when he saw the bear's carcass. He approached it hesitantly, sniffing its hide.

She took a deep breath, her arms still trembling. "Thanks," she said, making her rather unfortunate location clear to anyone uncertain. She attempted to pull herself up on the branch, but immediately sagged back down, her tired arms unable to hold her there- although Inga wasn't sure they would be able to do that much longer. She licked her cracked lips. "Could someone-?"

It was at that moment her arms gave out.

Screaming again, Inga crashed through several layers tree branches as she fell to the ground. She rapidly spat out cuss words that would have given people several times her age pause. This was it. She had survived a bear attack only to stupidly fall to her death.

However, moments before she would have smashed into the snowy ground her body slowed midair, freezing for a few seconds, before she lowered to a scant inch above the ground. Then she unceremoniously dropped into the snow. Inga began to sit up, then the dog immediately jumped on her, excitedly licking her face. "Ow!" She shoved at it, but it was quite a bit larger than she was and effectively pinned her to the ground. "Get off me, stupid dog."

"Tiny, heel," someone said. The dog jumped away from Inga and returned to the side of a woman who had just entered the clearing. Magpie eyed the dead bear, scratching behind Tiny's ears as she did so. "That's a mighty big bear," she observed. She raked an eye over the group of people in the clearing. Mostly adult men, and the kid who looked it be in mostly one piece.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next