All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vault of the lost gold
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:08 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

James stood on the edge of boarder of the Isax and the lost land, he had left the last town before you die two days ago. Yes that really is the name of the last town before the lost land, it had a different name but they changed it after the large amout of people headed towards the land. The forest behind and in front of him.

James looked around at the many flags that said this part was clammed for all the country's which he thought was weird, but he didn't take another thought about it as he took the last step over the line. He was now in the lost land, his large back had moved a bit when he took the step. He took in a deep breath and smiled. "Alright, now it's times to find this gold!" He laughed and started to walk, the day its self was almost over. The sun was starting to fall behind the trees.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 pm 

Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Dahlian skipped down the rough path in the forest closest to Paye. It hadn't taken him nearly as long to reach the lost land as he had thought. Just a couple of weeks. Though that was hitching onto anything that could give him a lift. Both legally and illegally. Sometimes being small had its advantages. Give him a couple of weeks here and he may not be singing that same tune. Not that it worried him too much as he stopped to poke at a berry bush. His messenger bag was secured and held some food, but he knew the longer he could make it last the better off he would be.

Just cause the stories say there was gold here, did not mean it would be easy to take. After all, more people have died here than have come back with anything. Dahlian for his part though wanted adventure more than he wanted gold. Whole reason he was here in the first place. The gold was just some nice icing on top of the biscuit.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:38 am 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

Amos looked down on the map again and back up at one of his captains.
"have you searched the entire section there?" Amos asked pointing to the section on the map with his finger.
"Aye commander." the captain said nodding his head.
"then move on to the next section I want it dug up as soon as possible." Amos said a little aggravated. If only he knew where to start.
"Yes sir!" the captain saluted then left the tent. Amos was tired of this gold searching. The Company hired him and his small militia group to find this stock pile of lost gold in the lost land but that was almost two years ago and the Companies payments have been getting a bit shorter on the weight/amount after every week. And to top it all off, more and more adventurous people come trying to look for the gold but never find it; only just get in the way of everything.

Red vs. Blue Epic Rap battle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 pm 

2nd Year (1)

James smiled as he walked down the path that had been covered into the forest, the trees had been cut down. But no stone or anything was layed down, only boot and horse imprints showed where the others had come from. He had no clue how many other people ha come down this road. But he could already seen what was someone's personals vehicle, a small set with blade above it. It also had a large fan in the back that pushed it forward. A few pipes stuck out at different ends where the steam would come out, it looked pretty old. So a rich man must of had this since there was no way a working could have this at how old it was. Now a days maybe if he worked long enough he would have this. But that was still a hard thing to get for a working man unless he had some help.

There were tracks in the ground as well, tracks that were made by one of the large war machines that most of the country's held. A towering thing that ran on coal and steam, they had many large cannons on them as well. Covered in steel to protect the drivers and gunners, but there was no rusting corpse of any those that can be seen. So James just pushe the thought out of this head as he pulled his lamp out and let it with his lighter. "I guess I can walk for another hour or two before I sta-" he stopped talking as a rustle came from trees. He swang around and looked around "hello?.. Is anyone there?.." He asked, reaching for his six shooter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:07 am 

Supporter (1)

"easy lad no need to be alarmed" a tall muscular uniformed man stepped out into the open, about a dozen others behind him each one caring a rifle in hand, some of the best money could buy. "I'm just informing you that you are trespassing on government land." the tall man finished.

Amos looked at the map of the ruins again. It has to be here some where, but where? he thought to him self.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Dahlian was almost blissfully unaware of what was going on as he came upon the tank like vehicle from a different angle. He couldn't help the yell of excitement that escaped his throat as he scrambled to get into the cab of the car. "This is so cool! Does it still run? Do we have any fuel? Where did you get it? Mind if I explore it?" Without really waiting for any answers, the young boy proceeded to crawl all over the contraption before jumping up to and hanging on one of the pipes to look at the army people and someone dressed sort of like him. "Hiya! I'm Dahlian! Nice to meet you guys!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:19 pm 

2nd Year (1)

James slowly moved his hand from the six shooter and looked at the men with the rifles, he was confused by what they said. No government had the rights to call this place there land. It was all over the papers, saying that all of had agreed that they would leave it for the people, that they wouldn't try to take if for them selves... But he could be wrong, maybe one broke the agreement. He was about to say something when a guy suddnely started to climb over the vehicle, James looked up at him. Not sure what to make of him, but he then turned to the men.

"I only have one thing to say.. I'll just keep walking, I didn't think that any government had the right to even camle that it was there land or anything.." He said as he slowly started to walk away from then, his hands still up. "So there is no need to shoot me, so why don't you let me go and I can go back to looking for the gold. And you guys can do whatever you want, and that guy up there can... I don't know what he is doing but he can keep doing that.."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:31 pm 

Supporter (1)

"oh is that what the papers said?" the captain laughed. "a treasure is lost somewhere in this place and they are going to let anyone just come in? please be realistic lad. No government would do that. That's why they hired us mercenaries to claim it for them. So if you don't mind me asking you to come with us." one of the soldiers behind him cocked his rifle a few others did the same. Then the captain looked over toward the car. "You need to come with us as well your trespassing as much as this their gentlemen."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:50 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Dahlian looked at them all and frowned. "It is usually polite that when someone introduces themselves, you introduce yourselves back. Did not anyone teach you any manners?" Jumping down, he placed his hands on his hips and turned to glare at the threatening government man. "Don't know whatcha read in the papers, but there is plenty of gold and knick knacks to go about. If you are too selfish to share, then you are going have to face the piper. Papa always says that God has a way to punish. Besides, you he is right." He jerked a thumb toward James. "You can't officially claim this land unless you want to start another war so therefore, no one can trespass and you can't keep us from going on."

Turning around, he started to walk away. If they wanted to shot him in the back, let them deal with the coward's way out. A quick turn of his neck had him looking back at the little squadron. "Besides. If you are mercs like you say, why worry about a couple of people who will probably get themselves lost within a month? We are little threat to you and your...Self appointed goal I'm gonna say. I'm here to have fun and adventure and I would love to see you try to stop me." Grinning at them, he turned his head back to face forward and started to whistle cheerfully.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:00 am 

Supporter (1)

The Captain smiled looked over at some of his men, gestured toward the boy. "arrest him." he ordered and six of the twelve men rushed after him. The Captain turned back to James "Please be more intelligent than that crazed idiot. trust me you don;t want to be our enemies here, because since there is no official government here only mercs and adventurers like your self there are no laws so this could end very bad for you. And besides our leader will just ask you a few questions ad if you can help us you'll be rewarded if not you will be set free out side the zone we take claim to. Ok?" the Captain asked.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:38 pm 

2nd Year (1)

James sighed softly and looked at the man "fine fine, but if you try to take anything from me I won't be happy. So don't touch me" he said, standing there as waiting for answer but he did look at the man. Then called out "there right behind you! Look out buddy!" He yelled at him before looking at the caption. "don't say I could help the other guy though." He smirked a bit and then yawned softly "but it is starting to get late, so why don't we hurry this up. I want to get back on road so I can find the gold!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:00 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Even without James's warning, Dahlian had already heard the running footsteps. Laughing, he took off himself, angling for the trees and scampering up them like a squirrel. Just cause he was small, did not mean he was not fast or agile. Standing on a branch just out of reach, he made a face at the men below before looking around to gauge how far the next branch was and if he could make the jump. "You can't catch me! Well...You could, but I won't be easily caught." Of course just as he said that, his branch snapped and plopped him down on the next below and within reach of the soldiers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:28 pm 

Supporter (1)

"Grab him!" The soldiers said reaching up toward him.

"Dont worry I'm sure you will think differently once our leader talks to you I think." The captain said leading the way to the mercenary camp.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:42 am 

2nd Year (1)

James sighed as he walked with the mercenary's back to the camp. He looked around as he walked, he thought he saw something move in the bushes. But he dismissed it as he thought it wa just the wind, maybe a small animal like a rabbit or bird that just went trough the bush. He then turned to the man, he looked at there weapons and then looked at how they carried them selves and how they looked like they could turn and shoot you with a second thought.

"So... How long have you guys been out here?" He asked, walking up to the man who he thought was the leader. "Also why do you think any of us could help?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:27 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Dahlian knew when he was beat so he calmly dropped into the soldiers arms and wrapped his own around the other's neck. "My hero!" He then proceeded to give the guy a very sloppy kiss on the mouth, complete with sound effects before pulling away. "Lead on my dear knight in...Well, not shining armor, but close enough!" He moved his hand theatrically in the direction the others had gone a silly grin on his face.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 am 

Supporter (1)

The soldier dropped the boy while another pushed the boy forward "get moving"

The captain looked at the man. "Well one major reason is that some believe the gold is not really gold. Some believe it is knowledge other believe it riches. Our commander believes it is knowledge and if one person can give us a hint at where it is then we can use it. We have been here for about three months now after the last mercenary party somehow disapeared." The captain said.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:11 pm 

Simone had finally reached the border to the lost land. At last. It hadn't been an easy journey; on more than one occasion, she had found herself in unsavoury situations and had to talk herself out of a lot of trouble (including even being arrested, at one point) but it didn't matter now. She was here.

She pulled her hood down over her head and proceeded forward. Darkness was beginning to fall and though she didn't exactly want to continue on into the night, she was too close now to stop herself. The gold could be just around the corner. The thought made her smile and her stride became a little more enthusiastic as she hoisted her bag higher on her back. The vials inside clattered slightly.

It seemed too quiet. Wait! No, she could hear voices and marching. In the distance, she could see a group of figures huddled by some trees and though it was hard to make out what was going on, a hostile commands suggested that it wasn't a group of close friends. She spotted a young boy in the arms of the soldier, kissing him quite obviously and she faltered. What kind of gathering was this?

She slowed and quietened her footsteps, edging towards the bushes to cover her movement. She could hear two men talking about the gold, though she couldn't pick up much apart from 'riches' and 'knowledge' - so did that mean they knew where it was? She grinned to herself; maybe this wouldn't be as hard as she'd originally thought it would.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:50 pm 

2nd Year (1)

James nods softly "I see.. Well I guess since I don't have any other choice I'll tell you commander every little thing that I know." He said, rolling his eyes a bit at the men. Seeing as he had little to no real info on the gold or anything of it, but if it got him back on track faster he would do anything for it. He just looked off into the forest, it seemed to suddnely start to come to life. Bright eyes started to shine through the trees and brush, different colors stearing at the large group that walked through the land that those eye had ruled for a long time. James noticed them and shivered softly, he wasnt sure why he did. Those eyes just made him uneasy, but he kept a mouth shut.

After a few more minutes of walking there was suddenly a long low sound.. It was something that mixed a wolves howl and a low grumbling sound like maybe a t-Rex would make. But most wouldn't know what's. t-Rex sounded like in this world. James looked around and then his hand went to his hip, his eyes wide with fear. "What the **** was that!?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Dahlian grumbled as he was dropped. "Some hero you are." Standing and stretching he growled and grabbed the man's wrist showing just how strong he was by the grip he had on the other's appendage. Letting it go just as quickly as he had grabbed it, he started to walk forward. "Do not push me. You would not like it very well. And maybe if you hadn't dropped me on the ground, you wouldn't have need to push? Universe, for people who are older than I am, you aren't very smart." Though he followed without making much more of a scene.

Until he heard that noise and he stopped dead in his tracks and dropped down low. Hearing James, he shook his head. "Nothing good. That is what that was." He could care less if the soldiers disliked the fact he had stopped, he wasn't about to move and give his position away in the gathering darkness. Moving slowly, he reached into his bag to pull out his small dagger and gripped it firmly in his hand. "Hopefully they decide a dance isn't worth the heartache."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:06 am 

When the group had began walking off, Simone considered whether or not she should follow. She didn't exactly want to be caught stalking them, but maybe they would lead her straight to the gold. She began trailing after them, a little way behind, clutching a vial; her latest concoction - when smashed, it created a greenish vapour that would knock out anyone in the immediate proximity. The trick was throwing it accurately enough to knock out the right people. But it was effective enough, she had found.

After they had covered a small distance, Simone froze as she heard a sound that can only be described as a low, harsh grumbling, as if the land itself had been torn into. The others in the group she was following seemed to notice it, too. She held the vial tightly, bracing herself. She had heard tales about the creatures that roamed this land and she hoped she wasn't about to live one of those tales right now. She edged back, pulling her hood down over her face as if it could conceal her from whatever was approaching.