All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:05 pm 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Every city has a feel, a beat, a pulse that is unique to it. That pulse isn't always immediately noticeable to a tourist or someone who's new, but to a real and true local, it's as obvious and as tangible as the nose on their face. To someone who was born and raised on the streets, like Jason, it was as ever present and as subconscious as breathing. And as he sprinted toward the edge of the roof he was on, he could feel it. He approached the edge, faster and faster, and then vaulted off. There was a quiet moment of perfect equilibrium before gravity caught up with him, and he dived.

Down he went, faster and faster, building up speed, rushing towards the concrete. He could feel the city's pulse match his own, and at the last moment, he pulled a string on his pack, let loose his wings from his back, and soared. His feet scuffed the top of a hotdog stand as he pulled up, reaching into the air and launching into the heart of the city. He felt free as a bird and he couldn't have asked for more.

"Watch it, I'm flyin' here!" Jason yelled, banking a hard left to avoid a flying bus. The thing was big and slow, a metal tube with metal legs and a bulbous air sack filled with the same gas as his backpack that let it float through the city. Even while he sounded upset, he loved the busses too. He dodged over and under another two before finding his own clear space between the sky scrappers. It was dark, as it always was on floor five, just like all the floors below it, but he didn't mind. He was used to it by now. 'Besides' he thought, 'I get to see the sun today.'

It only took a few minutes to make it to his destination. The bright burst of light that was Spotlight Square burst into view as he banked around the final sky scrapper into the picturesque block. The whole thing was apartment complexes only a few stories tall, mixed in between trees-- actual trees!-- and pathways. It was one of the most expensive places to live on level five, and it was where Jason was landing today.

The open square in the ceiling was of course constantly patrolled by WASP units, flying bio-police with a sting that would paralyze anyone that flew too close, but that wasn't a problem for Jason today. He quickly dived as soon as he made it into the square of brilliant light, landing gently on a very specific roof top. He quickly brushed off his jacket of any stray feathers, turned off his pack, folded his wings and politely knocked on the door. It was pretty common to have a doorman in this expensive of an area, and even more common on this particular square where the buildings never reached the ceiling to have one for the roof as well as the ground level. In no time, a grizzled old man with floppy beagle ears and a nose that could smell a lie from a mile away opened the door.

"Who is-" the old man started, before getting a good look at the black clad figure that was standing there. "Jason!" he exclaimed, "Here to see Mr. Call again, I'd expect."

"You always seem to know, Mr. Allmerson" Jason answered. "Just have another message from my boss for him." Jason fished a letter out of his jacket pocket and held it out to the grizzled doorman. "I'm actually in a hurry, so if you could deliver that for me, I would be appreciate it," Jason explained. The old man nodded as he took the letter. Mr. Allmerson was actually one of the residence, and got a little off his rent for being the doorman as well, which worked for everyone around. It meant he knew everyone in the building too.

"Of course my lad," the door man said, "It's good to see you actually doing your job for a change instead of slacking off!" He chuckled to himself as Jason walked backwards towards the edge of the building.

"Why, Mr. Allmerson," Jason started, with a look of mock hurt on his face, "when ever did I give you the impression that I'm doing my job?" His mock hurt face split into a grin just before lightly hopping off the edge of the building. In a moment his pack was full, his wings were out, and he was off to another section of the city, ready to drop off another letter, pick up another package. Sure, he was technically doing his job, but he'd be damned if he wasn't having fun doing it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:48 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Desmond was sitting in his office, a small room right at the entrance to his apartment where he did the majority f his business, finishing up a deal.

"Yes Mr. Draco that beast is primly cut, I'd never sell even a milligram of beast I wouldn't use myself. And I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my beast." Mr Draco fit his name so well either it wasn't really his name, or he took beast specifically to fit it. His face was covered in reddish scales, he had a lack of nose, and a constantly probing forked tongue. He was possibly one of the nicest looking men Desmond has served in the last week.

"Yes I'm sure, that's what I've heard about you, I'm just surprised you haven't charged such a high price for it." Draco has a really bad habit of extending his S's, which Desmond was sure he did on purpose.

"Well I make my beast from scratch, unlike all the other dealers who get it precut. That means I can sell a much higher quality at the same price as everyone else's low cut since I'm not paying someone else to cut it for me. But enough of me babbling, you got the money?" Desmond stood up and put his hand out to shake, but behind his back his tail reached for the top right sheath on the back of his legs, this was the point where if a deal was going to go bad crap goes down.

Mr. Draco looked at Desmond for a second, seeming to contemplate the same question Desmond had thought he would. He then stuck his hand out and shook Desmond's, reached into his pocket and pulled out a small card. An Energy card. Thank goodness, last time he had a bad deal it took hours of work to clean away the blood.

Taking the card, Desmond pulled out a receiver unit, dialed in the appropriate amount, and plugged in the card. Done, easy, untraceable. Lovely. Desmond then handed the card back and Mr Draco left.

Sitting back down, Desmond opened up a hidden compartment in his desk and pulled out a small safe like box, with a combination lock. He did the combination which moved just the area behind the combination lock to show a cord. Plugging the cord into the transfer unit, the energy was transferred to his battery safe. He the closed the safe and put it back in his desk. He then crossed the room and turned off the lights, letting his cat eyes compensate for the lack of light. In a city where pure energy, mostly electricity, is the currency, lights can drain a wallet fast, though they really send a message.

Speaking of messages, once Desmond sat down a knock came from the door. A triple beat three times, it was Mr Allmerson.
"Come in, I don't have any business right now." Desmond called out to the man, walking over to the door. When the door opened he gave the man a good shake of the hand. "Hello my good friend, how can I help you today? Didn't I just give you some beast yesterday?"
"No I'm here to give you a letter, Jason just dropped it off, good to see the boy earning a living for once." Mr Allmerson said as he handed Desmond the small letter.
Taking it, Desmond replied "You can say that again, it's nice when he pays me in watts rather than labor, even if he makes me laugh while he does it. Have a nice day sir." Closing the door, he sat on top of his desk and opened the letter.

Hello Desmond, I hope this letter got there soon. Your weekly supplies will be in the trunk of a car on the corner of 100 north and 300 west at 1:15 pm, the key is in the envelope, as well as a battery card. Fill the card with the usual payment and leave it in the small box next to the supplies. Good doing business with you.
Boss

Looking at the clock Desmond decides that he could leave and get there in fifteen minutes walking, leaving him five minutes to get a bite to eat. Perfect, there was a food cart just a block away he really liked. Desmond charged the card from his safe, grabbing his own personal one to pay for the food. Heading out the door he liked it behind him, turning the open sign on the door to read closed. He then walked out the apartment, and headed for the pick up spot.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:56 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Nathanael, though no one called him by his full name, not for a very long long time. He was mostly known as Nate. Everyone called him Nate. Probly cuze his name was so hard to pronounce. It was strange even for him to use it. Nate crouched hidden in the darkness watching the apartment from afar. He was as usual in the least expected location. On the side of a building his hands sticking to it’s surface. For this next job he’d need some more. His eyes were used to the darkness and his reptilian DNA helped with that too. Now though he needed more of the Tree Frog. This job would require a true test of his skills. He knew only one man he could get what he needed for this and only one chance. Nate avoided going into his office. Always had. The dealer was easier to corner in a crowded street.

That’s when he saw him. Mister Desmond. Walking out of his apartment. Nate grinned and looked like your average street kid. He slung himself off the building and twirled in the air landing next to the man. He matched paces with him.

“I need new Beast,” he said as he regarded Desmond askance. They’d done business in the past, but he didn’t truly know this man. Only his business. “I’ll pay you double the usual if you can get it to me by end of day.” He finished quickly. Nate wasn’t one to play around with small talk. He had no need to. This wasn’t social. This was business and he had to hurry. He needed to get those files and the target kept them in a private location. He’d have to do a full infiltration to get the files for his client. As usual Nate didn’t know his client. Never knew them point of fact. In his business that was deniability. He knew their currency and he didn’t take jobs he didn’t get paid upfront for. Least in part. This job was a biggy and the upfront price was a nice chunk he’d use to get the Beast. and he’d still have some left over. Once he done the job he’d have a nice pittence for his trouble and wouldn’t need to worry about things for a bit. Least not as much. He might even go enjoy some real fun.

Nate was tall, thin and light of build with decent muscle mass. He has tawny caramel skin and his eyes were the only thing that marked him as a Beast user. They were slit like the lizards he used for beast. Blood red irises that tended to make most people look anywhere but at his eyes. His black hair long and braided in micro braids. He wore his hood up shading his eyes so they were not so obvious. If he held your hand the light suctions that gave him grip for climbing would stick to the skin and was one of many reasons the filch didn’t like to touch anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:00 pm 

I have returned

Desmond heard the guy land next to him, and his tail reached for his knife instinctively. Once he realized it was Nate, he relaxed. He loved this guy, he's a great customer. He listened to the mans demand, then smiled at him.

"Double? Well aren't you desperate. Lucky for you, I'm about I pick up some stuff at 1, so how about we go get something to eat and we'll talk about some stuff while we wait for the drop off. I'll pay, least I can do with all my new money. What kind of beast do you want? Komodo Dragon? Angel wings? Those two are really popular right now."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:27 am 

Nate gave a polite nod of greeting to the smile he received. Always trying to be polite even though he didn’t shake hands or make small talk, Nate attempted to have decent manners.

“I’d never turn down food,” he said with a grin realizing he hadn’t eaten all day at all. This would give him an excuse to have a meal while getting what he needed for tomorrow’s gig. This was turning out to be a great start.

“I’m looking for another Tree Frog. I need more grip. Though I could also use the Komodo Dragon skin again. My skin is still not tough enough for some of those rough surfaces. It really undermines my grip,” he replied simply. He looked over at Desmond and replied, “I brought a double first half payment, it’s untraceable. I’ll give you the card when we seal the deal. The rest I’ll pay upon delivery.”

Nate always operated the same way. Don’t cross me and I won’t cross you. Cross me once and I’m out, don’t expect any favors and you better bet I’ll get back what’s mine. You do decent business with me and I’ll not take any jobs that impact your business. Nate might be a criminal, he might be a filch and might be a lot of other things, but he had his code and he stuck to it like glue. He was a believer that it was your code that made you human.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm 

Supporter (1)

Jason was, by happy coincidence, on his way to one of his more favorite people to deliver to. Not because they got along very well, in fact this particular women was immensely suspicious of him (and as far as Jason could tell, everyone else) so they didn't really have a good relationship. But no one was more fun to try and ambush.

Jason made it out of Spotlight square, and gained as much altitude as he could underneath the cement ceiling of the city. A whole block away, he began to glide, hoping to make the least amount of noise as he approached. Ms. Irons, being a practical women, didn't have a balcony for his apartment that was easy to land on, but Jason was more graceful then your average bear hawk, and as he zeroed in on Ms. Irons' apartment window, he prepared the tricky, silent landing on a space no bigger then your average broom closet. He closed the distance, and at the last second flared his wings and cushioned the impact with careful knee bending.

As far as he could tell, he made no noise, and so with a little careful sneaking, he stood at her 'front' door on her balcony, and with a small moment to savor his cleverness, he hammered the door as loudly, and obnoxiously as possible.

"IRONS!" he bellowed in the most aggressively loud voice he could manage, "A LETTER FOR YOU MISS IRONS!"

He could nearly contain his glee.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:51 pm 

I have returned

They were now nearing the food stall, the big yellow sign advertising "Worlds Beat Corn Dogs!" And as far as Desmond knew the sign didn't lie. Not only were they huge, tasty, and came with a drink and plenty of toppings, they were cheap to boot. Desmond ordered two, and covered his in honey, delicious, and handed the other one to Nate.

Desmond then sat down at a bench nearby the stall, in sight of the drop off point. He then decided to start up a conversation with Nate.
"So, how's your business doing recently? Must be some pretty big jobs if you're you can pay double for a special order of beast." Desmond kept his head facing forward, observing the street and all the people on it. You could almost see a kind of flow to the movement of the pedestrians on the street.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:40 am 

Nate grinned wickedly as he took the corn dog, "Thanks," he said and began lathering relish all over it with extra onions. He took a huge bite his tongue flicking out like a frogs as he caught the falling onions instead of loosing them. Nate finished chewing before he answered Desmond. He wasn't always open about his business, but there wasn't any harm in answering those questions.

"Yah business has been good, this job is going to make a nice cushion, which after my dry spell is a welcomed change," He grinned, "you know I'd pay extra for yours Desmond. Your prices are far lower then the quality demands. Don't get me wrong I love paying less for better, just stating a fact is all. Makes me like you more." He grinned and ate again. Nate wasn't being faltering. He didn't do those things. He was too blunt and straight to the point. "Plus, s'good business to pay more for your troubles of getting this order in a time crunch. S'how I keep you happy and thus willing to give me the best, see" Nate said again eating more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:39 pm 

I have returned

"Aw, you really think so? That's nice of you, I don't usually get that kinda praise unless the guy is planning on robbing me."
Desmond was really touched, Nate was nice and honest and definitely not trying to rob him. Which was very nice for a change.

A car pulled up to the corner of the street. Looking at his watch Desmond confirmed it was 1:15 and this was his car. A man got out and walked down the street in the opposite direction. Standing up, Desmond tapped Nate on the shoulder and started walking towards the car.
"The goods are here, help me get them back to my place."

Walking over to the car, he opened the trunk. The goods where in a large closed cardboard box, inside would be a case made to take bombs and come out smiling. He grabbed the goods, placing the pay card in the box. He then locked and shut the car with the key inside. Giving the box to Nate, he started walking back to his apartment. This was the really dangerous part of the pickup. There could be guys anywhere, just to jump him.
"If someone tries to jump us, I want you to drop the goods and fight back. You don't have to be gentle, their protected inside. Just make sure we don't kill them all so we can ask a few questions."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:27 am 

Nate grinned finished his meal and tossed out the wrapping and napkin in a disposal can on the street. "Yah well I don't give compliments and you know that." he said in response it was true. Nate wasn't known for being complimentary he was a straight up sort of guy. He didn't like you, he told you to your face where to shove your vital parts. If he liked you he told you so, again to your face.

"Sure," he said as he watched the car pull up. As he saw the guy leaving. He rose and followed after Desmond, keeping an eye out. This wasn't something he wanted to do, but he didn't balk at it either. This was dangerous. And as he took the box from Desmond's hands that was confirmed by his next words.

"Damn straight, I plan on leaving them bloody and dead, safe one. I'll keep you one, but that's it." Nate said. There was nothing he hated more then someone trying to take him out. He hated that with a passion. Nate liked his life. He liked it so much he'd rather kill then be taken out. Nate wasn't used to being attacked openly though. He was a filch. He was an information gatherer not a butcher. But he could fight and he could hold his own in a fight and he'd be damned if he let someone kill him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm 

Supporter (1)

Just as Nate and Desmond were speaking, around the corner came a small patrol of ANT BUG's. The humanoid bio-robots had faces as sheer and blank as the side of a cliff, and a personality to match as they marched in eerily perfect sync with each other. They had scanners that could pick off the face of anyone who's been caught before, and immediate access to criminal records on file. Anyone who was a known criminal stayed clear of them... If they had the same face still that was.

They were far enough away that they probably hadn't seen Desmond and Nate, but they were walking that way, and the two would have to think fast to react in time...

Sent from Castle Shadow-hold using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:28 am 

Nate was on high alert. His whole being strung up tight as a wire as he held the case in his hands. His body ready. His senses ready. Ready for a fight or better a flight if needed. If needed. Everything was dependent on getting out of this alive. He had a job to do. It wasn't risking his life. His eyes narrowed to points. Nate knew the risks of getting made. He couldn't risk being made. If he did he'd end up on file. His career couldn't survive being made. That was the thing with filches. The more they stayed underground unknown, the better for business.

He noticed the enforcers almost as soon as they noticed him. ****. He knew he wasn't on their criminal database. But he was a user... ****. He feared they might give him a hard time just for having beast. It wasn't like he hid that at all... And now here he was holding a case of raw beast. Double ****.

He ducked into the nearest alley and went straight up the wall. Here's hopping they don't look up. Nate thought to himself. Here's hopping they think he went down the alley and kept on going straight. He hung half way up the wall upside down so he could see what was happening. Staying still as stone. He hopped they wouldn't notice him. That they would think he'd gone on. He had no idea if they would notice him or not. Honestly all he could do was hope.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:45 am 

I have returned

Nate was lucky. Part of being a filch is being unknown. But when you want to get into the drug business, people treat your criminal record like your resume. And Desmond's had some rather colorful pieces. So, in short, he was ****ing.

"****! Nate, get the stuff back to my place, the ANTs will want me more than you. I'll distract them for a bit before ditching them." By this time Nate was already climbing the wall and the ANTs had noticed and identified Desmond.

Charging down the alley, Desmond made a break for the Club of Wolves, a big hangout for the local gang. They had been trying to get Desmond either out of business or to give them free beast, which Desmond did not appreciate, so he saw this as karma. He was just coming to their street when an ANT stepped out into his path, blocking the whole alleyway. Taking out two knives from his sheathes he started running diagonally up the wall, jumping and using his knives to boost himself out of the ANTs reach.

Desmond arrived at the second floor of the Club of Wolves, jumping in through a window he landed in what seemed like a girls dressing room, based on the half dressed girls.
"Morning, I suggest you get out of here."
Desmond then shouldered the door open and jumped of the opposite rail strait into the front room of the club, with the sounds of smooth jazz, girls screaming, and ANTs busting through the door accenting his flight towards the chandelier.

He grabbed onto the edge of the chandelier and swung from it to the other side of the upper floor, no time to stay today. Landing on the far railing he charged through the door to a private booth and out the back window. Latching onto the buildings outer wall with his knives he started to climb to the top of the building, the sound of bullets and gangster screams coming like a symphony out of the building. That ought to teach both parties to mess with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm 

Supporter (1)

The ANT's fell completely for Desmond's trap, note even noticing Nate run up the alley wall. Their simple, bio-computer brains immediately picked up on Desmond's face, his heart rate, his sweat output, and calculated he was guilty of something, so off they went after him without paying attention to anyone else. They were single minded and not overly bright, but even a brain on a stick could read something as obvious as chase the guy that was running from you.

Unfortunately for them, Desmond was a good sight smarter then a brain on a stick, and the heavily armored, but not so heavily armed ANT's ran head first into his trap. Gunfire from the Lupin gang, and lazerfire from the BUG's could be heard by everyone for three city blocks, including Jason.

He'd waited for Mis Irons until he figured she wasn't going to indulge him by answering, so he'd left her package and was soon off to find other people he was supposed to deliver things for. Half way to his last letter, he saw Desmond and the little-known (but highly prized by Boss) filch Nate nearly get cornered by ANT's. He should have been worried for them, but instead he was just immensely entertained as Nate rabbited like a frightened kitten (even though the ANT's wouldn't have even bothered him standing next to Desmond) and Des ran as fast as his feet could carry him. It wasn't hard to figure out Desmond's rout, so by the time he reached the top of the building Jason was already there, munching on one of the apples he'd brought for his lunch.

"Smooth moves, monkey man." Jason said nonchalantly as Desmond hauled himself over the edge of the roof. "This is why I go bird, it's way easier to lose the WASP's then ANT's. Apple?" Jason pulled another apple out of his bag and offered it. "Fabricated in the finest processors this side of floor six."

Meanwhile, the streets were clear for Nate. Not an ANT, WASP, or other insect-themed police bot was to be seen. He needn't worry though. He was a little more of a heavy user then most on floor five, but it wasn't as noticeable, and everyone around here at at least a little bit. So long as he didn't open the box and yell 'beast fire sale' at the top of his lungs, he would have smooth sailing from there on out to Desmond's place...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am 

Nate's heart was beating too quickly. He was nervous and hardly dared to draw a breath, which left him light headed almost instantly, that and hanging upside down. Move. He had to move. He had heard Desmonds words, but he didn't think he'd get left alone. He could feel the tightness in his muscles as he struggled to make himself move. Fighting every instinct that said to stay. To hide. To remain still. No one came in the alley. No one entered it. He tried to draw a breath. Focused on just breathing in and out.

He was good at filching. He could get anything, but this. This was something Nate hated. Being scared left him feeling sick and he hated that feeling above all else. He focused on breathing. In and out. In and out. Watching the empty alley remain empty. Move Nate. Get out of here. You have a job. Do it. He moved slowly. Almost not daring to move every movement was slow and studies. He slid down the wall and stood on shaking legs still holding the case in a death grip. He was there. He was alive. He was safe. No one's after him. He blinked slowly focusing his eyes and whipping sweat from his brow.

He started walking slowly down the alley. When he got out onto the open street he was still jumpy and shaken up, but he didn't see anyone. He was clear all the way. Still he didn't take a chance. Tucking the case safely under his arm he took the buildings. Going up and then along them away from prying eyes. He moved through the shadows like a shadow himself. His dark skin and his beast helping him to keep hidden even from those looking up.

By the time he reached Desmond's building unaware of what had gone on in the club, he was his normal self once more. If a little bit more pale and shaky. He rose onto the ledge and noticed both Desmond and Jason there. He nodded to Jason and held out the case to Desmond. Sitting on the ledge with a small smile on his lips, even though his eyes darted around looking for threats and his body was tense and ready. It was evident that Nate wasn't used to this level of danger and that he wasn't at ease with it. He was a chameleon. Hiding in plain site and blending in. That's how he worked best. As a shadow unseen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:09 am 

I have returned

Desmond was surprised to see Jason sitting on the roof when he arrived, but he didn't want to Jason to have the satisfaction so he just nodded and gave a little laugh.
"Ya, but you can't get WASP's to take out others for you. It's one of the few joys in life. And why yes I would love an apple." Desmond grabbed the apple from Jason's hand and sat down chewing on the sweet fruit.
"Don't you have something to deliver? Or did you finish for today? Because I could use your help finding my help either way, I'd like to know where he went with my beast." It was then that Nate arrived. Turning to the kid, he gave a friendly wave with the apple in his hand.
"Never mind here he is right now." He got up and took the case from him, and noticed that Nate was slightly shaken up. Looking him in the eyes, he decides the guy could use a drink. He puts a friendly arm over his shoulder ad starts to lead him towards the roof entrance.
"Thank you for the help Nate, let's get you inside and have a drink. We sent some ANTs on a rampage through the Lupin gang's base! Im going to treasure that memory for a while. You can come have a drink too if you want one too, Jason." Desmond said over his shoulder as he opened the door and waved to old Allmerson. A drink would do everyone some good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:32 am 

Nate watched Desmond amazed that the man showed no signs of being startled by their recent escapade into danger. It was truly startling to Nate. He wasn't used to danger in the least and he didn't find it funny that Desmond had sent the ANTs into one of the roughest clubs. He'd have to avoid that place for a while. Not that he tended to visit it often, he had a few contacts there. He did some business with almost anyone who paid. That was Nate. It was his style.

He nodded to the drink and jumped down from the railing landing on his feet and strolling into the room with Desmond's arm over his arm a smile on his lips and the case still held in his hand. He set the case down and took a seat on the couch leaning back watching the other two. He was starting to relax now that it was clear he was safe. At least for now. Who knew what would happen later. Or even in a few minutes from now. Nate only hoped he'd get his drink first. Before **** hit the fan again...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 pm 

Supporter (1)

Jason laughed at Despond's easy going response to the ANT's. Most people stuck to the ground were equal parts horrified and paranoid when it came to the ANT's, who's bio-programing was far better then the flying WASP equivalents. However, despite his nonchalance about it Jason knew that the WASP's weren't far behind. It had only been a mix of good luck and good sense that had kept him off their radar thus far. Otherwise, he'd have to run as often as Desmond did.

"I would love a drink," Desmond replied, following Des inside along with Nate. "And, I've got something for Nate, probably to do with his job. I've been told to stay while he reads it. Might as well have a drink in the meantime."

He handed it to Nate as they sat down and relaxed. Little did Jason know, the letter was about to make his life very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:53 pm 

I have returned

Desmond pulled out a bottle of artificially aged whiskey, one of the better drinks he had. A good day needed good drinks. As he poured the drinks, he watched Jason give Nate the letter. It was kinda odd, considering that even when he was given something by Jason the guy always just flew off as soon as he had it. The fact that he had to stay for this one meant that he must be part of the heist somehow. What kind of heist is this? Last time Jason helped with a heist, the guy tossed the goods out the 33rd floor window for Jason to catch and then blew the building up with him and a whole bunch of ANTs inside. Desmond didn't know Nate all that much but that didn't seem like his style.

He put their drinks down in front of the two and grabbed the case from the table. The thing in place of a lock was what looked kinda like a wax seal of the New Identity Inc. logo, but with silver instead of wax. Walking over to his work station, Desmond opened the drawer and pulled out a ring with the exact same logo on it. Putting it on his hand, he pushed the ring up against the seal, twisted it counter clockwise, pushed again, and twisted it clockwise. The lock popped, the case opened, and the New Identity Inc. jiggle sounded. A little tacky but you had to admit, it was a pretty secure lock. The boss didn't want anyone getting into we goods if they weren't supposed to. There was also a tracking device, a small pack of C4, and a 1000 volt anti-lock pick security system in there. She really, really, didn't want people to get her goods.

Inside the case was the normal goods, small containers of animal DNA, a small case full of nano bots, and all the other various chemicals needed to make the high quality beast Desmond was so well known for. High quality goods are made with high quality materials after all. As he unpacked the case, Desmond found something behind the usual materials, was a small vial labeled "for Nate". Picking up the vial, Desmond walked over to the other two.

"What ever heist you guys are doing, the security must be pretty tight. This vial was inside my supplies. I think I know what it is too. I can't remember the name for the life of me, probably some super complex scientificy name, but the idea of it is too change your DNA to look like someone else's. This is pretty rare and pretty illegal, and that's coming from me, mind you. Though not you can get caught using it, seeing how it will likely change you too look like some respected member of the society if my money's right."

Desmond was running numbers through his head, attempting to figure out how much something like this would cost. It was easily more than he could make in a year, and he made a lot of money. Whatever Nate was getting it had to be either really valuable or really dangerous, and considering that he was involved in this too now gave Desmond the shivers and a healthy dose of insane glee.

Looking up from the vial, Desmond addressed the other two, "I don't know what you guys are about to do, but I really want to be in on this." A smile spread across Desmond's face, the kind you expected a mad clown to make right before throwing an acid pie in your face.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm 

Supporter (1)

Jason perked up at the mention of the super drug.

"That stuff? Boss calls it anti-beast. I've heard that it doesn't change your appearance so much as your genetic signal," he said. "Won't fool people too much, but ANT's, WASP's and any other police bots? They won't know the difference 'tween you and the target." Jason rubbed his chin in thought. "Actually, that stuff is more illegal then murder in some ways..." he said, mostly to himself.