All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Nate rose and took the letter and stared at it in his still shaking hand. His eyes were still a little too wide and his body a little too tense. His mind was racing and he knew he was acting paranoid as he stared at the later as if it contained a bomb. He shook himself. He slumped back onto the couch and spent another few minutes staring at the letter. He knew the cramped neat hand that had written the letters of his nickname across the thin paper. Seeing them brought to mind the shadowy man who'd hired him. The man was stocky, almost fat. Thin almost bald black fuzz liberally coating his head. No facial hair. Cold deadly azure eyes that stared malice at everyone as their gazes had locked. The man had been impeccably dressed. His voice had been deep and clipped. As if only speaking a syllable or two was painful for him. Nate was just about to open the letter. When Desmond set the drink down he put the letter down on his lap took the drink and took a long swallow savoring the rich taste.

"That is really good Desmond," Nate praised. Savouring another large mouthful before he finally turned to the letter. He was just about to open it when he heard the jingle from the case and looked up, a smile twitching at the corners of his mouth until Desmond returned holding something that made his mouth dry as dust. He stared at the vial and could have screamed as the other two discussed this. HIs eyes were wide coins of fear and he got a really bad feeling. Deciding he need to know what was in the letter he let his mind focus on what they were saying while he opened the letter and saw a small little slug-like bug with a long slimy tail sticking out. He took it knowing what it was. Some form of close quarters communication device that would allow them to communicate with his contact.

Nate had just read the first line of the letter when he heard Desmonds words and after the second line he knew he'd better read this **** aloud. He'd barely heard Jason's words as shock and fear spiraled in his gut with anticipation and excitement. Now he understood why he'd been paid so much, well at least in part.

Nate, if you've survived long enough to receive this letter then your reputation speaks for itself. You were chosen for this on purpose. You came highly recommended, so do not fail or I shall ruin your reputation and you will never be hired again.

The man who gave you this letter should still be there and my little treat should have arrived by now. Desmond will know how to use the treat. Be sure he looks to the left of the vial I've left him a little something for his troubles. Do not fail me on this. Once you are set to go and after you've been made ready you are to go to the 29th floor of the central building. Once you get inside I will be in direct contact.

You will need Jason's particular talents. I've added an extra payment for his troubles inside the letter along with a bug so I can direct you as we go. Retain his services.

Nate stopped reading and picked up the small charge card and held it out to Jason looking between the two others. "I'm guessing were in on this then?" he said his voice a little shaky. He finished his drink and stared blankly at the vial. "Who is that for?" Nate asked Desmond completely at a loss for what it was and why it should be needed. He was a filch, he stole files. Electrical data. Whatever was on the 29th floor must be REALLY important to this contact.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:05 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Desmond looked over at Nate as he read the letter, and at the notice of a little something extra, Desmond went back to the case. Just as the letter said there was a bonus. A small black box, with a lock just like the one on the case. It would be full of energy, easily more than he had paid to get the case. Yep, this guy really wanted whatever was on the 29th floor.

Turning back to Nate, Desmond noticed his shocked look. The guy really had no love for adrenaline. Desmond walked over and sat next to him and started trying to calm the guy.
"The vials for you, at least according to the note on it. The central buildings security is entirely bot, so this little beauty will let you walk right through them without a problem. It's Jason who is going to have the tough job, having to fly the goods away from there. I hear the WASP's are really fast this time of year." Desmond turned his head toward Jason. "But our avian here is plenty fast enough to take them on, so no need to worry, am I right?"

Desmond got back up and moved over towards the back of his apartment, where he kept his equipment. "Give me a bit to prep the anti-beast for use, take the time to do whatever preparing you need. That, or you could plan what you are going to do with all the money you're about to make, cause personally I have no idea, your thoughts?" Desmond turned back to the guys as the equipment when through the start up process.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:01 am 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Jason snatched the letter out of Nate's hands and tore open the envelope. It was rare for him to get anything other then a verbal communication from Boss, but the seal, the stationary, and when he opened it even the handwriting and ink all told Jason it was Boss. She didn't even have to sign it, as it went something like this:

Jason,

The package has instructions for the others as to the target and suggested means, but this is unimportant between us. This is far more important: You are to go to whatever means necessary to make sure the job is accomplished. There can be no failures, no loose ends, and especially no evidence that can lead back to myself or to the job employer. While I will not name anyone in any written communication, know that the person the two recipients of this package are now working for an incredibly powerful leader of a crucial organization to our operations.

As my personal representation in this matter, it is up to you to make sure my usual standards are kept in this case.

Do not fail me.

Jason read the letter with growing apprehension. "Whatever we're going after," he said, "Boss think's it's important enough that she wants me to make sure it doesn't get mucked up." He mused for a second longer and added, "And the building you're talking about must WAY above beast user territory if we need that vial, which makes things extra difficult."

He took the card that was apparently for him, he had a dozen of these black, untraceable cards and he often practiced his knife throwing with them when they went empty. He even probably had a few stuck in his feathers somewhere.

"So what building are you getting to the 29th floor of? Which city level is it on?" Jason asked casually. In reality, he was starting to try and grasp Nate's plan. If Jason was supposed to be representing the Boss on this one, he was going to need to be on top of the whole thing. "What's the plan?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:00 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Nate sat in a kind of shock. He heard what Desmond said, but had no idea how to respond. Instead he simply sipped at the liquid within his glass, not even certain what he was drinking anymore. Nate’s mind flashed back to everything he he knew, everything he’d been told.

I have a job for you mister Nate,
And what would that be?
A heist, there is something I want, and I will pay very dearly for it, it’s in a very secure building, held under very high security. I will feed you details as needed. You understand. This is very secret and highly sensitive. Can you do it?
Yah, how much you gunna pay?
More then you could imagine, I have made a pre-payment to retain your services already. Is this enough
Nate had looked at the screen on his reader and noticed a sudden jump in his energy, something that made his legal account look like it held nothing but dust. Was the guy kidding? This kind of energy as a pre-payment made him stare for long moments.
This is eight times my regular fee?
Yes mister Nate, and you will get twice this amount when the job is complete
Nate stared at the suddenly empty screen as the call ended. He looked back to the screen containing his accounts. He then looked at his private database and noticed the small note. He pressed it and it showed him schematics of a building.

Nate reviewed this first contact in minute details looking for clues and finding nothing there except the same trepidation and paranoia he’d had that first day. It had been there and then he’d decided he needed to get some new Beast to get this done. He needed every edge. He stared blankly at the floor and tried to recall the details of how he’d seen this day playing out. This had certainly not been it. Everything in the last few minutes and hours leading to the here and now replayed in his mind leaving him with a sense of overwhelming confusion.

Nate slowly worked through everything that had happened. He didn’t enjoy adrenaline journeys at all. They were not his things. His work was all digital. He was a master at breaking in. A master filch. Some called it hacking. He called it filching. He handled files, data, digital signals in and out. Not the physical dangers.

Nate finally nodded to Desmand. “Um yah, yah, we need a plan. We need a plan,” he said unsteadily. He eyed the other two with an odd nervous edge. He leaned back finished his glass and set it down he closed his eyes for a moment attempting to organize his thoughts. He pulled a very small device from his pocket with many different wires spiraling out like tentacles from a central pad that was only two inches by two inches. Nate’s eyes flew open as he activated the pad with a quick flick of his fingers over the screen. A complex bio-lock of his own devising. As he entered sequences of numbers and letters pulling up the schematics he spoke.

“Where headed to level eight, the building is a top secret military laboratory hidden in plain sight as a pharmaceutical firm. There are 31 floors inside the building. What we want is on floor 29. I was originally going scale the outside of the building. Enter into the secure data room on floor 19 and acquire the data that I required to enter floor 21-31 as they are all under intense security and unmapped on my schematics. At which point I was going to break into the secure floor, located the package on floor 29 and make my escape the way I had first entered.”

He finished with his searches and turned the device to face Jason, “this is the schematics of the first 19 floors of the building,” he said as he scrolled through the displays of schematics that showed pretty much what one would expect from work space in the upper levels. Then he flicked to a street view of a very lovely sector. “This is the location of the building in the sector on level eight.”

With this Nate fell silent, much calmer now that he was actually in his element. Electronic files and planning a heist. None of this unknown adrenaline rushing dangerous stuff. Nate’s voice which has started out shaky and flat now took on the regular bubbly life the male always held about him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:09 am 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Jason whistled, far more melodically then you might have expected, at the new information.

"Level eight..." he said wearily. "we're gonna roll deep, eh?"

He looked over the plan for a while, thinking of anything at it's base that he didn't like.

"How are you getting out? I'd imagine they're not going to just let you walk away with whatever you're stealing?" After a moments thought, Jason added. "I guess that might be my job? Just launch the thing out the window, and I catch it? I'll need a spot to roost until you need me."

The only thing Jason was worried about on that front was the SIZE of the package. He could carry something half his body weight at most, and as a bird that wasn't saying much. Hopefully, whatever it was wasn't made of led.