All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Things were swiftly going out of control and Daren wasn't so sure he wanted to risk going into "that". At this point though he doubted they could pull away. The fighter and the drone had left and the fighter was just returning, but based on what was happening the coalition might just blow up the gate themselves. Did they not even care at all about human life? They could kill everyone that had gone through if they blew it now. The fighter managed to make it and they all watched as more ships got pulled into the gate. He watched the small tracking dot for the drone and saw it successfully attach itself to a fighter right before it docked onto the coalition ship. He just hoped the bomb worked with the right timing. If it managed to damage the ship enough he would turn around and get the hell out of here rather than risk an unstable gate.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:03 am 

Protheus leaned over the commander and checked the navigation screen. He felt some relief when he realized whose ship they were on. He couldn't stop a slight smile from cutting across his face, and took a moment to mentally rejoice that he was not on any coalition ship. The Commander and his insults were a different story however. Protheus had grown sick of the commander, and punched him in the back of the head hard enough to leave a lump, but not hard enough to knock him unconscious. "You can just shut up, what would happen to me if we were on one of your friendlies? I highly doubt I'd be welcomed with anything besides hot plasma up my ass, and cuffs around my wrists."

You're Never Truly Alone, You Always Have The Shadows

Leave Nothing But Their Shattered Bones

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:08 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

The year is: 8567
Current time: 1345 hour (1:45pm)

---

The ships come out of the Stargate in an uncharted section of space. The sector they find themselves in doesn't appear on any map. There are no indication of where they are are or even any way to view the old navigational charts. All navigational equipment is now dead, simply displaying error messages or listing unknown location. There is debris raining down all around every ship shooting out of the Stargate as Osmaria begins to break apart.

The first thing to notice outside of the windows is the view of Ediaz from orbit:

The planet looks to be made more of energy then an actual regular atmosphere, but all your atmospheric data will indicate that the planet holds a perfectly breathable atmospheric mixture. Particles seem to be drifting in and out of the planet forming a shifting ring around the circumference of the planet.

As soon as this is noticed a sudden shockwave hits every craft and for a moment the darkness of space is lit by more then just the planets in the system. It's lit by a bright blue flash of light. The Stargate is suddenly gone into dust. Destroyed by the explosion of the other gate on the other side. The Osmaria gate exploded.

This is what you witness:
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/nnvl98/Wallpaper/Sci-Fi-Planets-19450.jpg

The sudden vaporization of the gate, plus the flying debris from the suddenly destroyed planet of Osmaria causes significant damage to the ships. Alarms beging to blare forcing every ships to land on Ediaz's surface.

Every ship lands in a large crater that looks like this:
http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2013/12/20/200716/4d99a49330d2ec0a522142eb187224bd.jpg

Once outside this rocky zone wilderness, trees, forests, wide open fields and large rocky outcrops are all that can be seen for miles around. There isn't one sun, but three and planets are visible in the sky as large close bodies that are visible as more then stars.

The moment everyone gets off the ships they realize that particles rise from the ground and fall from the sky continually in flows of red, green and blue. The particles are harmless, but they cling to everything like a fine layer of dust. Suddenly coating the ships and people.

---

Eduian sat in complete silence listening to Mystiques words with wide eyes staring at the planet that now filled their displays. What in blazes? This was the strangest planet he had ever witnessed. He looked over at Mystique.

"Would you look at that?" He said and just then the Stargate's explosion rocked the ship and Eduian started. "Oh dear lords what now?"

"We need to land," the pilot said, "now sir," Eduian waved his hand and the ship began to land immediately followed by the other civilian ship. Once the ship landed, rather more smoothly then Eduian would have expected of a ship fully loaded with civilians and supplied and severely damaged from lord only knew what as Eduian had no idea. He rose once the engines cut out and a strange eirie silence fell.

"Lets go explore this place," Eduian said forgetting about strange noises in the ducts, forgetting about his wounds, forgetting even about the battle they had just survive in his excitement to see a new world. He rose and left the ship exiting out the ramp and staring in awe at the planet. The dust landing on him. "what the..." he said staring at it in wonder and awe, it felt like a gentle warm rain without the wetness...

---

Zir watched as the bombs were set, "Dare we need to get out of here," he said watching the fighter dock on his own console his eyes wide and startled. He was worried at the instability and therefore quite glad when they entered the gate and left the shady behind...

Until they started to be bombarded by debris. He didn't even take a chance to look at the planet, but the readouts from it were making his eyes wide. "HOLY ****" he swore aloud a moment before the gate exploded. He swore and shouted, "The shields are failing we need to land! NOW" Panic was evident in his voice. His eyes huge and bulging.

---

The Commander glared at the man, until they were suddenly rocking back and forth as the ship was hit. His eyes were so wide they might even fall out of his head, he started repeating, "oh my god, were going to die," over and over again. Until the blow hit him on the back of the head and he screamed.

"OWE, what'd you do that for?" realizing that maybe he was being a little of an ass. Oh well. "Listen I don't care who or what you are, I don't want to die! I don't want to be here!" panic was making the Commander's behaviour erratic.

Then they landed and the ship went dead and the Commander left the ship in a hurry to be out of it's hold, he froze as he gazed at the planet and felt the particles on his skin, "WHAT THE HELL? WHERE THE HELL ARE WE? WHAT IS THIS???" Fear darkened his words.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 pm 

Realizing the commander we pretty much harmless, Protheus set aside his blood lust to examine the situation. Without searching for anyone else right away he spoke to the commander as if he were his little brother. "I know very little of this planet, outside of its name. Where we find ourselves now is a planet nobody ever travels to. It is called Ediaz, and that is basically the extent of my knowledge of this place." Protheus noticed Eduain and rushed to catch up to him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:03 pm 

The young captain smiled as his ship was pulled into gate and quickly grabed onto the edges of his chair with both hands as objects and crew flew in the air at the sudden pull of gravity from reentry into space. captain Chiklik's smile slightly faded as he looked to his men who had all prepared to die several minutes minutes ago and yelled out to them all"sorry lads but we aren't dead..yet!"-mental note make sure to finish thinking out speeches before saying them- lieutenant report!"
sergeant mason answered the lieutenant's body pushed aside off a console"we are being pulled towards a unknown planet our astro positioning drones do not recognize any of the star clusters in the area."mason then quickly cleared his throat to continue a long list of details in till suddenly a alarm went off
"entering atmosphere now"
Chiklik quickly sighs as he turns from mason "was no one paying attention to the big screen in front of you i mean seriously people" Chiklik turning quickly to his helmsman to continue "set a landing course that crater looks nice".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:05 am 

Being the last to enter the stargate when it blew they also got the brunt of the explosion and debris. "I know, I know!" He answered Zir. Trying his best to avoid debris flying at him as he flew the ship toward the strange planet. He had noticed that the nav com was down but being hit left and right gave him little time to try and figure anything out before they were plummeting to the planet's surface. "strap yourselves in everyone, it's going to be a bumpy landing." He strapped himself in with one hand while the other was still maneuvering the ship. Siara too, hurriedly strapped herself in, gripping her chair as the ship crashed into the ground.
Everyone was pushed this way and that until the ship finally settled, alarms blaring and people yelling and screaming who hadn't managed to strap in in time.

As soon as the ship settled down the lights all went off. "Switch to emergency power we need to see how much damage we took and casualties."

Siara's neck was sore from the whiplash but she managed to switch over to emergency power and a yellowish light came on. "Sir, I am having trouble communicating with everyone and only Zir knows about the damage. Do you still have contact with him?"

"I don't know. But if you can't get anyone on the comm we will have to check on everyone in person so go with those on the bridge who can still walk and get the first aid kits and get to those you can help as soon as you can." Zir, was it, oh well at least now he knew the right name. "Zir, can you hear me?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:20 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Mystique could hardly believe her eyes and she leaned forward as she sees a new world opening up in front of her. She was very fascinated with what she saw.

“I don't recognize any of this...... Nothing looks even remotely familiar..... Eduian! “ Mystique screamed as she fell from a sudden shaking of the ship. A bright blue light seemed to fill the cockpit which startled her.

After the ship stopped movement, she crept along the floor until she came to the co pilot's seat and pulled herself up.

“Wait Eduian! The air may not be suitable for us! We need to take precautions.....” Mystique called out
“Gene, you watch over the children and staff until I get back. You close up the ship after I get out just in case the air is not fit!” Mystique called over her shoulder as she ran after Eduian.

“Eduian, please stop and think a minute. What do we know of this planet? The air may not be fit to breathe.” Mystique pleaded in a worried voice as she looked about the crater like spot where they landed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:19 am 

The following is what your database equipment aboard your ships are showing you regarding the atmosphere and composition of the surface on which you have landed:

Crater:
    Composition
      90% Black Granite

Black Granite is more commonly known as: Gabbro
        Gabbro /ˈɡæbroʊ/ refers to a large group of dark, often phaneritic (coarse-grained), mafic intrusive igneous rocks chemically equivalent to plutonic basalt. It forms when molten magma is trapped beneath the Earth's surface and slowly cools into a holocrystalline mass.
      10% Obsidian (known as fire crystal)

Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth.

Atmosphere:
    Composition
      50% Nitrogen
      19% Carbon Dioxide
      22% Oxygen
      4% Water
      1% Argon
      1% Neon
      0.5% Hydrogen
      2.5% Helium

Dust:
    Composition
      Unknown
    Energy Output
      High energy output detected spiking from concentration of dust on a surface

---

The Commander began to think of himself as Igy, like he'd done when he was much younger and studying to become a leader of the esteemed research facility. Igy hadn't thought of himself as anything but, the commander, since the day he got handed command of the research base. Of course because everything was military it wasn't necessarily a rank the man should have of course. Igy wasn't a warrior. He knew how to kill, and when pushed came to shove he'd handle himself in a warzone, but he was a researcher first and foremost.

Igy mostly acted out of fear. His eyes were wide circles in his head and he gasped. "were on..... an uncharted planet." Terror made his voice waver. That's when he focused on what Protheus was really saying. No one travelled here why?

"Why does no one come to this place?" he asked. Wondering if maybe there was something deadly here. Something even worse then their near death in space, or the explosion of a stargate. He kept walking down the ramp and finally stood next to Mystique and Eduian. He watched the particles of colored dust settle over them. Over himself. "What in blazes?" he said staring at the light warmth the dust exuded.

---

Zir felt the shaking of the ship and he quickly checked that his restraints were well in place. Secured in his chair he did what he could to try and keep them from exploding. The core was quickly becoming a problem and he did what he could to lock it down from his console. What he really needed to do was get back into the engine well and get the thing locked down. He couldn’t do that until they stopped bouncing. Electric panels popped and sparks flew all around him. His eyes burned intently from the light that caused his sensitive Rignian eyes to burn. It hurt. He had to close his eyes until darkness fell as the bright flashes of arching power was too much. He feared blindness.

As soon as the ship stopped he felt the ache of bruises setting in and a few light burns from the arching power. Nothing major. He unstrapped himself pushed up to his feet and stumbled back further into the engine bay heading towards their core before it could go nova on them. He was so single minded in his purpose he didn’t even realize he’d lost the link in the landing. He slid himself into the engine well. He was right next to the core. Submerged in it’s cooling fluid which was bubbling. Overheating. Damnation this was bad. He accessed the panel quickly and began to work.

He worked as fast as he could sweating as he did from both the head and the fear of their yet unstable situation. He got the core locked down and in quick order had it isolated so that it couldn’t be accessed until he could repair it. The water combination was still boiled. He closed his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief.

He pushed himself back out and for the first time felt the full pain of his body. Blue blood coated his limbs and stained the white of his skirt and shirt. He looked at it. Disgusted. At least it would wash out. He walked unsteadily back to his seat and slumped down on it. He retrieved the link from where it rested tucked it in his ear and spoke. “Dare you there?” It was several minutes after Dare’s call and Zir hadn’t heard him calling at all. “I locked the core down, if you can hear me, it’s isolated and took significant damage from the explosion and further from the landing. Ships in bad shape Dare. I suggest we get everyone off the ship and onto the planet. Assess the damage later, where going to need parts and I’m going to need time to fix her up.”

---

Eduian looked from the particles landing upon him coating him in warm light to both Mystique, Protheus, and the Commander who now stood near him. Others were emerging too. He looked down at the screen on his wrist and checked the atmospheric readings. He unstrapped the PD and handed it to Mystique.

“Atmosphere is fine. A little high on Carbon Monoxide, but with sufficient oxygen to sustain our life forms.” he finished and smiled lightly, “Gods above look at this. It’s warm,” he said in awe as he touched a particle covered section of his sleeve. “I wonder what these particles are doing?” he asked more to himself then anyone else.

He looked back to Protheus, “It is good to see you again friend, I was hopping you were well.” He said holding out his arm to shake Protheus’s and greet him as a brother.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:10 pm 

Protheus shook his friends hand as if he was his brother. "You wouldn't believe my little journey with commander spineless. He has no chance of survival out here." Protheus spoke the same as he always does, but Eduain knew it was his idea of a joke. Protheus looked around at the other ships, and he started thinking about what they should do first. Protheus looked at Mystique and waved. "Hello."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:34 pm 

Mystique was taking in the sights, smells and sounds of her new home. As she was looking about she noticed that Eduain was shaking hands with another male. She smiles and waves as a young girl came running out to her.

"Momma!" Rose called out as she ran with her outstretched arms.

"Rose, dear just what are you doing?" Mystique asked as she held out her hand to the girl who placed her hand in Mystique's.
"Let's go see Eduain and his friend."

Mystique walked over to where Eduain was standing and held out her hand.
"Hi. i'm Mystique and this is Rose. One of the orphans."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 pm 

"I can hear you and you are right. I don't trust the ship to not suddenly decide to blow up on us after all that." He said and groaned because his chair had overturned and he had gotten banged up pretty bad, including probably a couple broken ribs. His head was bleeding too from a small cut near his right eyebrow. He had managed to get out ok, though it hurt to move. Siara had returned with medkits and they were treating those with the worst injuries. She glimpsed him and hurried over.

"It's pretty bad sir. Some of these people can't be moved easily but those that can are already being escorted off the ship. I have sent a few others to find the rest of the crew and hopfully we can get enough people who can help to get everyone out. Based on what I have seen so far, it looks like at least half the crew died but that is just an estimate until we can get outside and take a head count. I already checked the atmosphere and it's good. Some of the other ships that landed are already out wandering around."

"I wonder if they have more able bodied people that could help. We need to get out of here in case the ship decides to blow." He looked around but so much was broken, including his data pad. "I think I will have to go out and ask someone to help though who knows if they will be willing to help a bunch of pirates."

Siara just shrugged and ran back to continue helping get wounded out of the ship or stabilize those who couldn't be moved as yet.

Daren spoke to Zir again. "Zir go ahead and get out of there and if you see anyone that needs help, do what you can." He moved toward the exit and when he finally got outside he was surprised by the strange dust like stuff that seemed to cling to him. It was a little annoying but didn't seem harmful. He saw that leader guy he had spoken to earlier a fair ways off and sighed at the distance between them.

He gritted his teeth against the pain in his side and started trudging on, seeing his crewmen walking or limping along as well away from the ship. He moved as quickly as he could in his injured state until he finally reached Eduin's group.

"Hey I'm sure you remember me. I don't know how bad the other ships are but mine was damaged badly and many people are heavily injured so I need people to go help us get everyone off the ship in case it decides to blow. It seems unlikely but I want to be careful."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:38 pm 

Eduian laughed as his friend spoke those words, "The Coalition is all spineless my friend, pay them no heed." he said smiling glad that Protheus had survived. He shook his head, the blood mostly had stopped and he wondered oddly why it no longer hurt. He put his hand to where the wound had been, but felt nothing but the soft tingle of electricity from the particles that he brushed away. What the hell? he wondered.

"Um is it just me or are these particles healing wounds?" He said to everyone a moment before he saw the captain of the pirate ship he'd talk to briefly before the massacre had begun. Eduian listened to his words nodding.

"Here we are all friends, I will see to it that any able bodied individuals help you out," He turned to Mystique, "The captain is right, we don't know how much damage the ships took. It's not safe here. Would you go and tell any able bodied individual who isn't a child to come out and help. We need anyone capable of bringing injured off the ship. We'll need the supplies unloaded. Captain see to your crew, well send as much help as we have, Protheus organize a security team to secure this area and to escort Mystique as she looks for a saver place to set up a base camp. Mystique we need a location to camp and we need to set things up before night fall. We need to organize supply. Find out where food and water can be located. Can you see to it? I will go with the captain and a few others nearby who are strong enough to help start the evacuation of his ship."

Eduian waited to hear what everyone had to say. He didn't want to just start giving orders, but what other choice did he have? Someone needed to. They had nothing, and hopefully soon someone would step up to lead them that was more qualified then he was.

---

Zir coughed for a few minutes as he straightened. He hurt real bad. He didn't have time to hurt. Zir looked around him at the ruins and felt a deep sadness. He'd come to love this ship. It was a part of him as much as his own skin. Everything he knew was here. He felt a tear slide down his cheek the liquid was a deep blue like azure fire as it trickled down his cheek. He brushed it away and gently touched the metal.

"Yes captain" he said in an emotionless voice. Going silent again for long moments he rested his head against the metal bidding goodbey to the ship in a Rignian manner of silence. He pushed away from the cold metal and turned towards the exit. He made his way through the ship helping a man who was lying in the middle of the walkway. He was bleeding profusely from many wounds. Zir had no clue how to treat him, but figured getting him off the ship was a good start. He lifted the man easily into his arms and made his way tentatively out of the ship.

He laid the man down on the ground at a safe distance from the ship and went back in to see if he could get anymore out. He passed three dead people on his way and found another female lying in a room. She wasn't conscious, but she was alive. He lifted her and carried her out. Heading towards where he left the first man. He saw the particles then. Thickly gathered on the man and shouted out in alarm. Laying the female down he knelt by the man.

"CAPTAIN" He shouted as he noticed the man's wounds were healing. "CAPTAIN, CAPTAIN" he screamed again. Staring in wonder.

---

The commander, Igy, walked down the halls of the ship and onto the planet. He looked around in star struck wonder. Staring at everything around him. He heard shouting and orders and yelling, but he didn't listen to any of it. Instead he started to head out of the crater towards a small winding rock path towards where he saw green lining the edges of the path. Plants. He kept going slowly. Making his way with delicate ease. He didn't like the feel of the warmth of the particles that gathered over him, but as they caused no harm he ignored them and kept on walking. The path was steep and led almost straight up. As he reached the upper edge he looked out over a fast ocean of greenery. It was like a heavenly forest of living plants of all types. He stared in awe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm 

"Just don't go pushing those so called 'spineless' Coalition' people about. They might feel trapped and cornered then they will fight just to get away. I don't trust them the tiniest bit. No not all, Eduian, not at all. " Mystique spoke softly.
"Be careful and I will search for a decent camping area. Dermot, Jon, make a small group to keep an eye on the children. Send the rest to the captain's ship.
Matt, get a small group to organize supplies then make a full report which I will want when I get back.
Gene, we will go do some exploring for a camp site. Rose will go with us, I guess since she won't allow me out of her site.
Jon,bring out one of the carts with out the trailer. We will ride in it if possible. If not, then we have tried."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 am 

"Thanks for your help." He said simply. the longer he stood there the better he was feeling and by the time they got back to the ship he realized all his wounds were gone. Others who had been injured and had been taken outside already were healing as well. Then he hear Zir and hurried over.

"Zir, is something wrong?" He started to ask but realized that Zir had noticed that the people were healing as well. "This is just amazing. We need to hurry and get the rest out here, the faster we do so the more likely they are to heal."

Since he was feeling better he hurried into the ship and almost ran into Siara coming with a wounded man who was leaning on her shoulder.

"Siara, you won't beleive it. These strange particles outside can heal our wounds. You'll see once you bring that man out but it's pretty amazing." He smiled widely and didn't wait for her to say anything before hurrying past to try and find more of the crew members.

Based on those already outside there weren't too many more inside so hopefully they could finish soon and get further from the ship just in case. He was a little elated and hurried to find another wounded person.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:22 am 

Eduian regarded Mystique and nodded to her words, "I do not trust the Coalition either, but they are trapped on this world as much as us. I won't have them sitting around being pricks while our people suffer and work. If they will not help then they will have to fend for themselves," he said darkly his eyes narrowing slightly, "I hate those pricks." he said dangerously and had to reign in his temper instead of giving way to his demanding need to kill them all where they stood, sat or walked. He hated them all. He sighed shook his head and took a moment to gather his thoughts again.

"Keep an eye on the Commander, him I trust even less then the others," he said to Mystique wanting her to be on alert around that particular blank. He looked around for the man he considered their biggest threat on this new world and couldn't find him, "speaking of him where did he wander off," Eduian said hopping the guy had gone and gotten lost or something.

Eduian was just about to head off to assist in the rescue efforts when the Commander came running up out of breath and panting gasping the man looked like he was about to fall over.

---

The Commander had stopped thinking of himself as a commander at all now. In fact he was more likely to find himself thinking of himself as Igy then anything else. He wandered up the path further and further from the ships until he stood on the lip of the crater overlooking the world beneath him. His eyes grew wide in utter amazement and shock.

Large black rocks rose from the ground all over the place like twisted towers of reflective obsidian. Greenery so vibrant filled his eyes with rich color. Greens, Reds, Pinks, Purples, Blues, Yellows, and even more colors formed the flowers, trees, bushes, vines, not a spare corner of anything he looked at wasn't covered in strange plants he'd never seen in his life before. Nothing looked as it should. This world looked like it had just been born. Like nothing had touched it. Pristine.

As Igy began to descent the ridge down to the floor he felt the softness of the plants around him as they literally reached out to touch him. They seemed to brush against his skin and then return to being normal. His wounds were healed. His mind eased and a peace settle over him one that begged him to lie down and sleep. To let the planet heal his every ill. It was such an odd feeling he didn't know what to make of it. Instead he ran his hand over the nearest obsidian black glass tower.

More is known and More is seen. More is taken and more is given. Time is all we gave and all we took

Resonated through his hand from the stone into his head and he drew his hand back with a terrified gasp. Turning tail he ran back towards the others stopping only once he stood facing Eduian and Mystique. He started speaking half near hysterics. "You have to see this, you both have to see this. You have to see this. It's... It's... It's unbelievable!" And without waiting he started to head back towards the path he'd discovered looking back "Come on. It's just over the rise."

---

Zir stared in utter shock at the healing man. His eyes wide and staring. HIs own wounds healed as the dust settled on him. What in blazes was this place. So much magic permeated the air it was unbelievable. Zir couldn't begin to understand what was going on, it threw his mind for a loop, but he turned away from the wonder and followed the captains orders heading back into the ship.

He began to help more people. Soon Zir noticed that others were beginning to join them. Civilians most were young and had to be no older then their teens and yet they worked alongside the pirates with incredible silence and patience. He could see they were shaken up by the wonder of the world as much as he was.

"Captain, what do you think this place is?" he asked as he drew up to the Captain once more. Having helped others off the ship. He was so shocked he didn't even know what to make of the new wonders all around him. He held his hand out watching the dust settle on it. Warm and pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:57 pm 

"True.. they are trapped here and we need to learn how to get along for the good of all mankind." Mystique began as she glances over her shoulder to see that Jon was driving the cart over towards Eduian and herself.She then looked over towards the other ship where people were walking out and seemingly were ok........

Mystique stepped into the truck and spoke to jon who was getting out.
"Jon, check to see just how much assistance that the other ship actually needs. Take several men with you. The rest will help with the inventory........."
Mystique paused in mid sentence as the lost Commander came running up out of breath. After listening to his jabbering, she turned to Jon and whispered.
"Change of plans. Inventory. "

"Gene, drive and follow Commander. Eduian, climb in so that I can check your head wound. I feel something strange is going on. I am not sure what it is but I feel....... something new......" Mystique spoke firmly even though she was not at all sure what was going on.

Jon was quite puzzled but knew better than to disagree with Mystique unless it was absolutely necessary. Jon jogged to back to the ship and started to sort out the children from the others and assigned others to watch the children. Find something to entertain them with but do not go any further than 30 feet from the ship. Men were beginning to bring out what was in the ship and organizing the items into food stuffs, medical..........

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 am 

Eduian took out his small PD strapping the little device to his wrist he climbed up onto the cart as it took off after the Commander. Eduian started to access the scanners on his device and slowly began reading out loud what was written there. Eduian wasn't sure what to make of any of this. So much doubt and fear swam in his mind he really didn't want to end up being in another dangerous situation on an alien planet with a lot of scared children.

"I'm scanning a 50league section of of everything in front of us, you wouldn't believe what I've discovered Mystique," Eduian began pausing only long enough to catch his breath before he read what was written on the screen.

"The atmospheric reading changes as you enter the forest itself, from normal human standards to an extremely oxygen rich environment. There are higher concentrations of this electric dust coating everything and it is eating, yah that's the only word that works, anything dead in the forest... Here look" Eduian turned the screen for Mystique to see displaying the forest in real time

He gave her moment to scan the image before he turned the device by. While he was turning the device to face himself again the image shifted to something that made Eduian gasp audibly. "What the hell is that?!?" He spluttered as he stared down at the image freezing it.

"Mystique," He started to say as he stared at the deserted city buried under their feet, it looked so pristine that it might as well have been built yesterday. Yes there seemed no way it could have existed the ground that the device had been pointed at was pure solid ground. "Take a look at this, there's a city down there." His voice sounded hallow as he spoke turning the PD for her to look at as well. They were just cresting the rise the forest coming into view on the horizon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:29 pm 

Mystique looked over to Eduian's wrist as she adjusted Rose on her lap. It was a very interesting gadget that she had not ever seen before.
"That is so interesting but if there is too much oxygen in the air, a person would hyperventilate. But as it disperses, it seems to be as perfect as it can be. Very interesting indeed....." Mystique began as she kept Rose's hands from grabbing the device. She needed to find something for her to play with and soon.

Rose was now eagerly looking around at various things to relieve her boredom. She began to turn around on Mystique's lap after her hands were guided away from the interesting thing. Her eyes were catching every little detail as they scanned about.

After readjusting Rose once more, Mystique looked around to take in the view so that she could think on where to make a base camp when Eduian spoke once more. Mystique glanced at his device to see an amazing sight. Mystique gasped in complete surprise as she spoke.

“Eduian? Jon, stop now.... A real stone underground city! So totally amazing sight to behold…… Can your device detect any living beings of any kind? I don’t want to trespass on their… uhhhh territory?”
Mystique leaned over Eduian’s arm to get a real good look at the device.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm 

Eduian began to activate the scanners by scrolling through the screens on the PD as they slowly stopped. His whole focus was on the device and he didn't even notice Rose at first. He saw Mystique having to control the child every now and again, but he didn't focus on her yet. He was trying to get life-force reading, but the only thing showing up was their ships not far back. Nothing alive in the conventional sense was showing up. Heat readings were erratic, but that could simply be due to the magma core of the planet or power plants in the planets crust that he couldn't differentiate from the ground.

"I'm not sure Mystique," Eduian began adjusting the controls again. "It's possible that there are life-forms beneath the crust of the planet, but I couldn't' know for sure there's a lot of heat interrupting with the sensors. This device isn't very powerful.

He jumped down off the cart and looked around. He spoke as he did so. "There's no visible entrance that I can tell. For all I know the place is completely burried, or maybe only accessible on the other side of the planet."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm 

Mystique got out and held onto Rose's hand as they walked. Rose picked up a rock and looked at it before she put it in her packet. She kept picking up various rocks and some she put in her pocket while other she put back on the ground.

"I wonder if these rocks are safe for Rose.... some she keeps and some she puts back on the ground...... We will have to do a search for an entrance but I think that we need to find a base camp some where and get organized first. That is my gut feeling right now." Mystique spoke as she kept one eye on Rose and the one searching for a good base camp. Her mind was still thinking about the underground city.

I think that base camp should be easily torn down and moved in case of us trespassing on someone's property. Yet it should be a solid kind...... Way back in the 1900's, there were a nomad tribes that moved around with their herds. I wonder if we could make those kinds of collapsible housing...... Just throwing out random ideas is all. Do we even have anyone who are scientists? Mine are Agricultural type and Geneticist." Mystique spoke as she thought out loud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next