All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tamashii no Mori
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sven raised an unseen eyebrow at the challenge, he didn't even want in on this fight and yet still a challenge? Shaking his had in exasperation, he calmly walked towards the gate. Not even a power walk, he was just walking. He did, however, stop when the dog was killed and the threat delivered. Which resulted in him giving Senbonzakura a blind incredulous look. One of disappointment that could be felt through the blindfold. He didn't say anything though, and kept walking. Mitsuhide however, aimed a glare at the noble's son, his smile dropping entirely. "Stop that at once, before you kill someone," he chastised, leaving in disgust. Sure he uses killing intent, but it never actually kills anyone, merely scaring them at worst. Well, if he applies enough it weighs them down sure, but still.
Upon arrival, the martial artist looked for a good spot. Which he quickly found near a random cart, which he sat down near to watch. At the same time, the blind swordsman placed himself near Hiroto, his senses concentrated on the fight slightly. On some level, Hirohisa is correct. Skill plays a large part in a fight, something Raiden has significantly less of. However, there are other key details. Question is, how many advantages does Raiden have, and how many does Enryuu have?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 pm 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

Izumi had been walking on this road for at least a week. Normally, this sort of thing would not bother her, but someone had informed her the next town was only two days walk away. She was beginning to think she might be lost, which was something she did not like to be.

That being said, there wasn't much she could do about it but keep walking. She chewed methodically on a strand of grass as she walked, trying to ignore the hunger growing in her stomach. If it got bad, she could hypothetically go hunt something, but that was a hassle.

However, this trail of thought was derailed when she saw a town rise up in front of her. She frowned. It did look a lot smaller than the one she had been planning on going to, but if it had a good meal somewhere for her to buy she wouldn't complain. Then she noticed the growing group of angry men lurking around the front of the town. It immediately shouted fight to her, and this grabbed her attention. She continued walking at her normal pace, but shifted her shoulders so the naginata strapped on her back would be easier to reach. She scanned the group. It was a motley crew- mostly men, no, all men, just a couple androgynous looking ones, and a few spirits loitering around. She stopped by one- a man who was monstrously tall even sitting. He might be taller than her when he stood, which was a rare occurrence.

"Is this Takahira Town?" She asked him, scratching her face idly. It was a pointless question- she could tell just by looking at the place that it wasn't- but she felt like it was a good way to break the ice before she got involved in any potential fights.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:25 am 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Senbonzakura's actions were mostly ignored by Raiden, as he was focused elsewhere! However, it did not escape the attention of the one in the straw hat who had been watching. The noble would feel a strong wind around him, cold and sharp. Interestingly, no dirt or leaves blew around him, indicating the wind focused only on him.

He would then find a sword held up to his neck, wielded by the straw hat wearing man, who appeared to be in his late teens, early twenties. He seemed unaffected by the pale hair man's power, or at least able to hide he was. "I wish to watch this fight." The man said, his voice monotone and emotionless. The fact his hand was shaking showed the extent of his rage, however. "After this fight is over, you will dig a grave. I want this grave to be big enough to hold two dogs and a human. If I see such an act again, you will be joining the animals whose lives you have taken." He said, placing his sword back into his sheathe, on a hip that held two such sword-holders.

He moved forward, ready to join the other villagers in watching the fight, before he stopped and laughed. "Whoops! In my trying to threaten you, I forgot ooooonneeeee little fact!" He said, raising his finger and waving it in a circle, a high pitched giggle punctuating the sentence. "It only needs to be big enough for two dogs and a wet bag! Because if you do that again, my UNRELENTING ANIKI OF THE NORTH is going to put you into one!" He said, spinning around and pointing at Senbonzakura, obviously in a better mood than before. "I mean...you look like you need an ass-kicking anyways. You nobles, you're a noble right, always look so weird to me." He shrugged, spinning back around and going towards the fight, clearing his throat. "Why does he make me yell when I call him that?"

"Damn it, Aro, you messed up again." He thought to himself, placing his hand on his cheek. "You're supposed to STAY all quiet and threatening, like mom! Not turn into a giggling annoyance right after you make the threat!"

---

"How old are you?" Raiden asked, raising an eyebrow in an amused look, with a toothy smirk being flashed at Enryu. "Because you're acting like a little brat playing adult. And before you ask, I'm twenty-one." He said, nodding his hand.

Somebody yelled "bullshit you're like fifteen" but he ignored that.

"Now, I think it's obvious the people want a show!" He started, before somebody caught his eye. A blacked hair woman, towering over everybody. She looked strong and cute. She had doubly caught his interest!

"Well, sorry cutie, this isn't Takahira town!" he told her, smiling, spinning around and looking for somebody. "Buuuut! I think I'm heading there next, and I need strong looking people like you! And also cute people, I only have one so far." he said, gesturing to Mitsuhide.

"That's a guy!" Somebody in the crowd told him. "I know!" Raiden answered. He then turned his attention back to the newcomer, flashy a big smile. He DID seem to be flirting, in a way, but he was speaking nothing but the truth about how strong she looked! "So, just take a seat and watch me kick this brat's butt, and then we'll get ya some directions!" He said with a snap of his fingers, turning back to Enryu.

"Sorry about that, I'm easily distracted." He apologized, counting his blessings. He just knew his opponent would have strike normally while he was distracted, he just seemed to be that kind of guy. Was it the crowd that stopped him? Fear that Raiden would have dodged and he might endangered a villager? A matter of pride, the blacked hair warrior not wanting to defeat an opponent due to him being distracted? Raiden doubted that, but he couldn't be sure. No matter the case, now it was time for their fight to begin!

"Anyways, like I said! These people want a show, but we don't wanna hurt them, right?" He said, spreading out his arms, gesturing to the growing crowd, like a circular wall surrounding the two fighters. The two idiots, if you asked about fifty percent of people in said crowd.

"You, the guy who formed the ice!" Raiden called out, pointing towards Sven. "If you would be so kind to form a small wall of ice around us?" he asked, his voice loud and clear, much like a general issuing orders. It appeared he was beginning to become a bit serious about making sure nobody was hurt that didn't need to be. He then, in a single motion, swung his arm towards Enryu, pointing at him. The way he moved his arm, the tall stance he took, the look in his eyes like a raging fire.

Raiden had zero doubts of his victory. "I am Raiden Hokkaido! If you win, then you may have my life!" he exclaimed, no hint of fear or nervousness in his voice. He delivered his words clearly, showing he had no seconds thoughts in his terms. "If I win, however, you must claim your life to me! To follow me to purge this world of Tamashii no Mori!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

At first, Senbonzakura didn't bother looking at the dog - creatures of that sort would normally be beyond the notice of a noble. Yet, when so many approached him about it... He did indeed realize it was wrong. He was losing control over his powers once more. It wasn't unusual, yet it always pained him to see how much damage they could just do when not wielded correctly. He wished to take no lives, yet-
A gust of wind, cold as ice, picked up about him. His eyes gleamed colder still as that man, a mere stranger in a straw hat, placed a sword by his neck. Such courage... It disgusted him. He looked down at the man, and the threats did not make him flinch, even; he knew too much of men that would threaten others with the might of their friends and allies. And what would become of those when their allies and friends would perish? Nothing but a craven pile of threats and boasts of another's feathers.

"I shall dig no grave. I am Sen Masayuki of the Ariwa house, not a peasant to dig a grave." he responded coldly, giving the man a gaze that could shred a man to little more than morsels (if gazes could only do as much). He spun on his heel, and made his way away, towards that dog that he had by mishap slain. The flow of life was still fresh in it, not too far gone... Yet, to replenish a life was not like to strengthen it, and a dog was no small creature.
He'd try anyway.
Bending over and squatting onto the ground, he lowered a hand onto the dog's ribcage; his pale skin brushed against the animal's hide softly. Yes, the flow of life could still be felt, rather distant and diminishing by every moment, but not gone. It shouldn't be too hard to connect another to it... And pass a part of his own life-force into it... It was a river, a river that flows without stopping, washing its shores and changing them; yet, it was also a sea, whirling and beating the cliffs with its waves.
He could feel the flow of the river within himself. It changed its current, and it was leaving him, slowly, to connect with a river-bed dry already... Fill it with water singing and fresh...

Yet, he passed on more life force than what he anticipated. Hard-pressed by attempting to revive the animal, his own strength was drained. Darkness and cold suddenly gripped him in its iron hands, and held him hard... His senses began to dull, the scene before his eyes growing dark and sound being drowned out. Before he could do anything else, he collapsed onto the ground, losing his conscience and stretching across the dust as he lay on his side.

----

"The little brat playing adult here is you. I'm twenty-four." Hirohisa growled back, sneering at Raiden's lame attempt to flirt with the tall woman. He waited - not patiently, but he waited - while this child made his dealings with all the people around, hands crossed on his chest, hidden underneath layers of black garments. He didn't strike while his enemy was distracted... At least, not with people around himself. That was not what his sensei had taught him to do...

"They do want a show. However, I don't give a flying f**k about what they want." he replied to Raiden's inquiry then, and laxly placed a hand onto the tsuka of Uchikudaku, and slowly drew the blade from its sheath. He would not draw Tsukinuku unless the need would arise... What he truly doubted. "They may not get one, if you're as bad a fighter as you're with women. I am Tatsuya Hijō ni Surudoi Hirohisa, the Razor-sharp, the Blade Demon, and I have faced Tamashii no Mori, of which you speak, twice in my life," he introduced himself coldly, taking a proud stance, a cold glimmer in his eyes. He wouldn't care for whether this child thought that he can defeat him. He was not defeated by one of a rank below himself, and he wasn't planning on making that a habit, either.
"If you do indeed think that you can defeat me, I dare you to prove it, because you do not seem to be capable of that, Raiden Hokkaido."

He remembered all that he was ever taught of swordplay, and the blade in his hand gleamed dark and menacing, a fang of steel made for the glory of destruction, as his hand tightened around its hilt; yet, he still held it lightly, with as much elegance as what seemed almost... Unfitting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Opening his mouth to speak to the newcomer, Hiroto was cut off by Raiden's interjection. He stared at the others, jaw slightly agape, and curled his lip in an expression of annoyance. Baring teeth was an odd gesture for a human, but given Hiroto's heritage, it was a bit more understandable. And quite a lot more terrifying, given that most of his teeth came to pointed ends. When Raiden returned to his shit-talking of Hirohisha, Hiroto let out a gruff exhale before finally answering Izumi.

"No. It's about two towns over, to the south." He motioned toward Raiden with his head, slightly adjusting the position of his club so he didn't bash his head into it while doing so. "If what he says doesn't end with him getting his face splattered against the ground, then maybe you should stick around. At least catch the show." He was half expecting the younger men to end each other's lives there, but there wouldn't be any fun in that. As the icy barrier rose around the two, Hiroto huffed slightly, sitting up a bit straighter so he could see over it.

Likewise, Akio's chair grew a bit in height, bringing his head about even with Hiroto's. He leaned onto the arm of his seat, and gave a small wave of greeting to the newcomer, and spoke, but not to her. "Quite a day, huh, Sakura?" He asked, looking off to his side. His words caught Hiroto's attention, and after a few moments of silent exchanged stares, Akio questioned it. "What?"

"Who are you talking to?" Hiroto asked. He could see nobody in the direction Akio looked in, and had heard no reference to the name prior to this.

"Oh. Well, it's, uh. Hard to explain. She-" Akio began, and was cut off by Hiroto's hand raising.

"Sorcery. Never mind. I don't care." He blew off any explanation, and instead turned back to the fight, a disgruntled frown crossing his face. Was everyone here a sorcerer? There was no honor in using such magic in fights. Smashing things to bits, on the other hand, was most honorable.

Akio pouted and huffed, deciding to try and talk about something else. "So, who do you think is gonna win? Mister, uh, Hiroto, was it?" He turned to look at the giant seated next to him as he spoke. Only polite to give attention to the people you were talking to, after all.

"Unrelenting Storm of the North." Hiroto responded bluntly, turning to look at Akio again. There was a pause, and Hiroto held an expectant look on his face.

"...Uh. Right, mister 'Unrelenting Storm.' Who-" Akio was silenced once more, and his jaw hung in exasperation.

"Of the North." Once more, silence fell, and Hiroto's eyebrows raised as he watched the much smaller human's lips purse. Nothing was said for nearly half a minute before Akio humored him.

"Ooookay. Mister 'Unrelenting Storm of the North,' then," He said, raising a hand in a questioning manner. Hiroto smiled and nodded, so he continued to speak. "Betting on either of them?"

"Yes. The Blade Demon seems more focused. Hokkaido's strength does seem impressive, but I'm not convinced." He scratched at his beard, watching the match again, and readjusted his club's position one more time.

"I'm leaning towards Raiden. What do you say, 20 on either one?" They might as well have some fun while sitting about.

"Hah! Sure. Hope your allowance will cover it," Hiroto taunted, a smile crossing his face. A fight and a potential cash grab? This morning kept getting better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:57 pm 

Listening to the two's pre-fight banter, Sven didn't say a word as he stood up and put a hand on his sword. While he could make the wall on his own, it would require making a bunch of blades and stabbing them into the ground one at a time, which isn't even approaching efficient. So instead, he dew and setting his katana at blinding speeds, releasing a wave of razor sharp ice, thin and strong. With a second stroke, he sheathed the sword, the wall now chopped down to about chest-height for most human beings. With the wall now on place, he nodded to himself and sat back down. It was at that point he heard both Raiden's goal and the little wager his neighbors made. Personally, he saw no point in the wager, but that didn't stop him from making one himself as his idea of a joke. "50 that they knock each other out and it's a tie," he stated.
At the same time, Mitsuhide raised an eyebrow in amusement when Raiden admitted to knowing he was a guy despite flirting with him. After all, most people got a bit uncomfortable about it when they realize it. However, he was quickly distracted from that when Sven's admittedly showy creation of the wall occurred. Narrowing his eyes in thought, he felt like there was something familiar about that. Something about the multitude of blades, as the wall looked like thousands of blades layered over each other. Blinking, the martial artist remembered where he heard something like that. "Thousand Blades?" He mumbled to himself, figuring out the blind swordsman's identity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:26 pm 

Izumi nodded at Hiroto, about to thank him for for the directions, Raiden addressed her. She raised her eyebrow, then shrugged. “Works for me,” she said, crossing her arms. His challenge to his opponent made her pause- and not only because of his apparent confidence in his victory. “Tamashii no Mori?” She muttered. If two of them were heading in the same direction tailing Tamashii, she supposed they must on the right track. Unless they were both ludicrously wrong, which, given this kid’s behavior, might be more likely than not. When Akio spoke to someone who wasn’t apparently there, she glanced over and noted the presence of a spirit. She chose not to comment on it and turned back, listening to the conversation silently. Honestly, most of the people here seemed to have some supernatural power or ability. That sort of thing seemed to be getting more and more common in the people she met nowadays. She was sort of done questioning it.

“So, has this kid challenged everyone here to a fight? Because this might take a while if he has,” Izumi said. Then she added, “Izumi Saito. A pleasure to meet you all, I'm sure.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:58 pm 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Raiden stumbled back, in bad shape. His face was covered in blood, he had lost one of his weapons somewhere in all that, he was pretty sure he had lost feeling in his left arm, and his clothing was ripped to shreds. He was having the time of his LIFE. Which was about to end soon if he didn't do something.

"Alright, you JERK. This will be I-" He started, raising his Dai-Nagikatana into the air, suddenly stopping when the ground begun to rumble. "What the..." Raiden looked around, trying to figure out what was causing the rumbling. An earthquake, he wondered? However, his questions was soon answered as he looked towards the surrounding trees, and what was poking up form out of them.

A giant beast was looking at the scene of the fight, apparently upset at it! It was humanoid in appearance, with long, dirty black hair covering a flat head, with pure white eyes. It had red, oily looking skin, with a fat, salmon colored stomach. It had long arms that reached down passed down it's knees, one arm holding a large, misshapen club

The most impressive thing was the fact it was like twenty feet tall, however.

Raiden instantly forgot about Enryu and pointed his weapon at the ogre. "YOU. I WANT TO FIGHT YOU!" He roared, an insane grin forming on his face. An OGRE? THAT was a fight! Sure, Raiden was half way dead, but he could take an ogre! And it would totally prove he was worth fighting or following to everybody there!

The orge's reaction was to let out a roar and rip a tree out of the ground and throw it at Raiden. It shot though the air, and suddenly Raiden found himself too weak to dodge. "Well shi-" He started, closing his eyes and bracing for impact. Did trees hurt? He wasn't sure, but he was about to find out!

Or so he thought, as nothing came. He opened his eyes and saw Aro infront of him, having slashed the tree in half. "You're kind of an idiot, aren't you?" The winder using samurai asked, sheathing his sword. "Atleast, you sure SEEM like one from what I've seen. A person who kills, and then revives dogs, the EDGIEST person I've ever seen, and now some loudmouth idiot. This town is filled with friggen weirdos."

Raiden blinked, before breathing a sigh of relief. "Thanks...but do I know you?" He asked, wondering who this man was to talk to him like this.

"I WAS just a dude who was watching your fight, but NOW I'm the guy who just saved your dumb ass. Now, are you STILL going to fight that orge?"

"Yes."

"And make my effort go to waste? Well ****, that won't do." Aro answered, redrawing his sword, and taking out a second one. "Aro Yoshinaga."

"Raiden Hokkaido! You know, if you're gonna help me, aren't you as dumb as me?" Raiden asked, stepping up next to him and getting into a ready position.

"Dumb? No way. Great minds thinks, alike, after all. Now, let's kick this guy's ugly ass already!" He replied, as the two charged forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 pm 

Izumi blinked at the remarkable speed the fight was derailed. While it was probably a good thing to stop in favor of defending the town, she had a feeling his desire came less from that and more from the need to punch everything he saw. While maybe not the most noble reasoning, it was as good a reason as any, she supposed. She rose to her feet and sighed. "We should probably help them," she said, a little dolefully. She had been walking for hours before this and was pretty tired- the idea of fighting a giant monster didn't really appeal at the moment. Still, she drew out her naginata and sprung forward towards the fight, her long strides catching her up with the other fighters quickly.

"Listen," she said as she ran up alongside them, "I don't really know any of you guys, at all, but I think we can probably work together long enough to fight whatever that is." She gestured at the monster, which was in the process of ripping up another tree.