All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Xover R2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:42 pm 

In College

Medals: 10
Completed RP (5) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (5)

Doce set Kalluto down when JD approached with Tails, a purple guy, and a giant robot. Great Gods, I don't know which freak to fan-girl over first, she thought. She forced herself to focus on what Lucile was saying. Firstly, her thoughts went to evil clones intent on replacing them in the real world... Then she kicked herself for being so paranoid and put that idea on the back burners.

"Well it's interesting," she said, putting a hand on her chin and tilting her head. "If players are hearing reports of such a thing, then the admins must know. If it's a glitch, they should have it fixed soon enough. Normally, glitches like these are supposed to be sorted out in the Beta, but most of us here know what a shit-storm that was."

She frowned tapped her foot, using rhythm to keep her thoughts chugging along. "So, if it's a hack, who's the hacker? What kind of player would be smart enough to hack a game like this and stupid enough to make it so easy to get themselves caught and banned?"

She lowered her hand and faced her companions. "If this isn't just some glitch that'll disappear in a day or two, either someone high in the chain of command is allowing the hacking--slash doing it himself--or it's a legitimate element to the game that we just aren't aware of yet." She crossed her ankles and arms and sighed, muttering, "The dead not dying; sentient NPCs; my avatars having different effects on my mental state... When did games stop being fun?" And for that matter, Soren himself is an anomaly. I won't mention this one just yet, in case we are being monitored.

Doce uncrossed her limbs and looked at the CG sky. "Since I still don't trust that anything I say is private, I'd like to just mention that I'd rather not be killed for knowing these things. And, I wouldn't disagree to a nice, civilized chat with whoever might be instigating all this. I'm sure we could come to some kind of understanding." She paused a moment and then let out a breath, running a hand through her cobalt hair. "Am I the only one who feels like I'm being suspended over a ten-story building?"

Your result for The Fantasy RPG Class Test...

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

Congratulations on reaching this high class!

You have not mastered any Hidden Power granted by the Genie.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:45 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Grievous/Zach's pupils widened into larger slits than usual, and his torso began spinning wildly again. "ANDROID 18! ANDROID 18! I JUST NEARLY GOT BLASTED BY #18 AND YOU RUINED IT! SUCH AN HONOR THAT SHE'D TAKE SOME OF HER LIMITLESS ENERGY AND USE IT ON ME!"

Zach's fanboying was interrupted by a wheezing gasp and a coughing fit. Zach's fanboying continued in the midst of it, "GRIEVOUS COULD YOU HOLD OFF FOR TWO SECONDS?! YOU CAN COUGH UP YOUR LUNGS LATER! AND HOW DO I STOP SPINNING!?" Zach's midsection had been spinning this whole time, and finally stopped.

Grievous's real voice came through then, "You're welcome!"

Zach's voice came through again, "Hiya! Pleasure to meet you all! I'm Zach!"

Grievous coughed and wheezed again, his voice coming through as well. "I am called Grievous, GENERAL Grievous."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Maybe this is more than just a game," Garsot inserted his opinion of the matter into the mix of everything. He was standing a bit away from the group, looking upon the world that was surrounding him. Great confusion had set in as everything around him seemed to be going faster than he could keep up with; One moment he and JD are doing battle against the forces of the Dark Army, then the next thing he knows, Garsot was watching his fighting partner switch bodies and take on a giant mechanical monster who he recognizes from the Star Wars universe. Now he finds himself grouped up with characters from all sorts of different mediums, including a murderous android with unlimited power. It was enough to make him need to sit down and soak everything in.

However, as the group talked about how they feel something suspicious going on, Garsot, with his purple arms crossed as he thinks, could not help but want to add his experience thus far. "Like with him," he pointed his finger at the small two-tailed fox, "I found him sleeping in bed with me in the real world." Garsot did not like the idea of throwing his newly made ally under the bus but was still very suspicious of the whole thing, especially considering Tails' hesitation to provide answers when questioned.

"You say you are a player," he glared at the small animal with not so much of a distrusting or angry look but more of an inquisitive sort, "but when you entered the real world you continued to be that creature, rather than your human form. Also, why would another character end up coming to my location upon exiting the game instead of their own? I may be out of touch with the civilized world but I am no fool."

The purple figure began to pace back and forth as he thought about what was being talked about, "When I first came into the game this body was doing things that I had no control of. I got into a little scuffle with some dire wolves and panicked under pressure but this...thing...started producing attacks and abilities that I had no idea how to do at the time. Further than that, I could feel the bloodlust and evil intentions that Julian is known to have. No, this is definitely more than just some game."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:39 pm 

I have returned

Jack looked over casually at JD when he walked into the plaza, but then stood up with a start when he saw Grievous.
"Please tell me we get to fight him." Jack's voice said.
"If we do, we'll need some magic"
"Maybe we should buy some mana potions, I'm pretty sure we can just poor one of those on the knife to get some magic."
"Note to self." Jack said, now walking over towards the group, stopping in front of Tails and the purple guy.

"You guys are all so serious, really, can't we all just enjoy a game as a freaking game. Besides, if you are really questioning those sorts of things, think of this. How can crushing a small blue orb send you here? It definitely isn't technology, cause I don't care what kind quantum physics you use, that can't work. Of such, that means this is all magic, and if it is you need to drop any and all ideas you have on how it might work, because unless you guys work with magic on a regular basis you can in no way say how it 'should work'".

Jack then stopped and pointed at Julien and Tails.
"And, on a separate and less serious note, what do I call you two. Because there is no way I am going to accept that the fox is the real thing, ok. I've had enough of Android over there saying she's the 'real' Rukia."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 pm 

In College

Doce watched General Grievous's torso spin wildly and noted his apparent double personality. It doesn't seem like an act, she thought. That would mean his avatar is having a much greater effect on him than Lucy did with me. She stared intently at Julian as he recounted his experience. And here's another example of an avatar's muscle memory kicking in during battle. That one is easily explained as game programming, but could by magical in nature. So shite... she shifted her gaze to tails, there's this guy.

Curious as always, she opened up her user interface and sent Tails a friend request. "Ho?" she muttered when it wasn't rejected upon launch. She continued her experiment by sending Kirito a friend request. She frowned when it wasn't rejected. However, if she checked her pending friend requests, it read:

Lucile
Rukia
Tails [pending]
JDizzle383 [pending]

Hmm... 'JD'? Not 'Kirito'? But Tails is still Tails. Meaning, at the very least, he has no registered player name... And this is his real body...

Despite how seriously she was taking this, Doce had to laugh when Jack opened his mouth. "'Why so serious?'" She said, grinning at the alternate Joker. "But I'll counter you on the whole 'it's all magic' thing. Imagine, say, that the orbs are crystalline drugs? Activating on skin contact so that if you think of crushing it, it sends you into this shared delusional fantasy of ours. Upon death in a the game, the delusion ends. You have an uncrushed orb because you never crushed the first one. After that, subsequent attempts to crush the orb are stopped by you yourself, still being influenced by its chemical effects, until after the 1 hour time period. If you don't believe a shared dream is scientifically possible, then maybe the whole thing is a delusion. I mean, none of us have met in the real world, right?" She paused to look at the purple man and Tails. "Except for you. But Tails is a fictional character, and could just be a delusion that follows you into the real world. Has anyone else there claimed to see him also?"

She ran a hand through her hair. This much processing was starting to push on the limits of her mental capacity. She started tapping her foot to refocus herself. "Of course, I can't prove any of what I just said, but my point is that it's too soon to start disregarding possible explanations. I'd rather this be magic, since otherwise I'm either psychotic or on drugs right now. It was science, magic, and luck that saved us in the Beta. I'll keep myself open to all of them, so I don't miss something when the time comes."

She paused as another thought hit her out of nowhere. "As for who's real and who isn't," she said to Jack, "tell it to that voice in your head."

She needed to let her brain cool down for a minute, so she sat against a wall and pulled her knees to her chest. She saw a flicker in the corner of her eye and turned to see her mana bar, down two points. No way... she thought. Did I think so hard that it drained my mana? The ****? How is that a thing?! she sighed. Whatever. I'll deal with it later.

The Witch Hunter
15% Strength, 67% Bloodlust, 10% Intelligence, 37% Spirit, 22% Vitality and 13% Agility!

Savage and deadly, the Witch Hunters use their powerful dark magic to defeat their opponents. Masters of killing and torture, the Witch Hunters will seek out other powerful magic users to slay so that they can capture their souls and summon them in battle. These dark undead magicians will blindly serve them and obey their every command! Witch Hunters have also mastered both light and dark magic, which they can use to confuse and mentally torture their foes. Witch Hunters that have strayed to the side of light may be less proficient with their dark magic; however, they can use their mastery over light to heal and create powerful illusions. In fact, these warriors can use their light in ways that no other spellcaster class can. By combining their light with dark magic, they can trap their foes in worlds of illusion where they can torment and torture their foes. Oftentimes, a few moments within the illusion can seem like an eternity, and once an opponent manages to escape from the illusion they are broken and empty shells of their former selves. Controlling enemies and forcing them to do their bidding is no trouble for Witch Hunters.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 pm 

"Oh great," Garsot complained out loud as Doce finished her theory on recent events, "just when I was getting used to this not being some drug fueled dream, you go ahead and bring that back up." He stopped his pacing and looked at Tails while thinking back about when they met. "There was no one else around when I met him so its not really easy to know if all that was an illusion though it is pretty suspicious that we were able to ride in a plane over an otherwise quiet city without catching any attention. Especially with the dive bombing trick you did," he stated as he scratched his head at the tiny fur ball before turning towards Doce, "Still, why would someone go through all the trouble of drugging individuals from all over the world and place them into a game like this? Possibly some kind of experiment perhaps?"

He looks at JD and crosses his arms over his chest, "You had mentioned earlier about being part of some kind of beta that was similar to this correct? Was anyone else here a part of that as well?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:36 pm 

In College

Doce glanced at the purple creature and shrugged. "I don't know the actual reason," she said, "if that's even what's happening here. But if you can make large numbers of people experience the same fantasy, the political and monetary potential are limitless. But, conspiracy theories aside, it could just be something else entirely. Like... Supernatural beings from another world used their magic to bring us here, hoping to communicate with us as we ascend through the game," she said, paying homage to Cardfight Vanguard with the sudden theory swap. "I don't know everything." But I am pretty damn brilliant sometimes, if I do say so myself.

She raised her hand when the purple man called for other Beta players. "Yup, right here... strange purple man who's name I do not know." She then pointed to Kalluto and Rukia's in turn. "And her, and her." She smiled at Lucile. "Kono kawai kanojo fought off the overseer with a Muslim guy named Ananiah in Rin Okumura's body, while I saw to it that the his machine was reprogrammed so we could all go home safe and sound, thereby saving thousands of lives." #Notsosubtlebrag she thought, smiling slightly.

She paused. "Wait... Do you know what the Beta was, or did JD just mention it in passing?"

The Witch Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 pm 

"No," Garsot shook his purple head, "I do not know about the beta other than JD having mentioned it earlier during your fighting in the arena...which I applaud all your skills. Anyway, was the beta at all like this?" He asks without really knowing what sort of answer to expect nor does he know what could be gained from knowing that answer. "Who exactly is in charge of this whole thing? Having been in the beta, you guys must have surely gotten information such as that, yes?"

He began to pace about again as he continued speaking, "If this is indeed just a game then these questions are irrelevant. But if this turns out to be part of some kind of world domination plot then perhaps we should be looking for the source before something horrible happens. If he..." he points at Tails, "is able to enter the real world then who knows what sort of dangerous could come about if more monstrous or destructive characters were able to leave here."

"Oh," he looks back at the young woman he had been speaking to, "my name is Garsot, by the way and it is a pleasure to meet you all. This character is named Julian, and he is one of those characters we would prefer to stay out of the real world."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 am 

I have returned

Jack was making an educated response to Doce's remarks when she mentioned the voice in his head. At which point it all went out the proverbial window.

"She has a point, where do you fit into all of this?" Jack said to himself.
"What do you mean by that?" Jack's voice responded.
"Well, for starters, I created you. You, my good friend, are a figment of my imagination. They literally sucked the idea of you out of my head and handed it to me for this game."
"Well, I could still be a figment of your imagination, if Doce's drug theory is correct. In which case everyone here is. But I could also be some kind of narrator program that they just simply put my voice over."
"True," Jack said to himself, "but if we use my magic explanation, then that means that they literally turned me into a schizophrenic, which raises a handful of questions. Firstly, will you go away once I leave the game."
"Secondly, and this I just realized," Jack now turning back to the group, not realizing that he had been talking out loud. "What condition are our bodies in right now? Are we just sitting on the floor, drooling? Is time even passing at all outside of here? Or, he'll, if we want to get really out there, are we in our real bodies, but have been teleported to some alternate reality? Because for me, I didn't even think about anything before I crushed that orb. I had been standing in my living room, just after getting home from school. I figured, what the hell, at worst, it doesn't work. If time is passing regularly, then that means that my family came home to see me unconscious or maybe even hallucinating. For all I know I'm currently strapped to some bed in a psyche ward somewhere. And heck, maybe the rest of you guys are as well."

Jack was now thoroughly annoyed, and his head was starting to spin at full steam, thoughts firing off at breakneck speeds, and all the different ideas smashing together like trains. As the thoughts started flying off to who knows where, Jack leaned up against the wall right next to Docs and slid down on too his butt.
"Hey, dude," Jack's voice cut into Jack's thoughts, "I don't know how your doing it but keep it up. You're thinking so hard that you've made a full charge of magic. Don't ask me how that works."
All Jack could do in response was let out a small burst of manic laughter.
"And I'm one to talk about not taking the game seriously. I'm such a hypocrite."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:58 am 

Garsot looked at what he thought was some kind of imitation of the Batman villain known as Joker, "Umm...who are you talking to" he asked as a confused expression could be felt on his face but was not sure if it showed upon the face of his avatar. Still, he did not let the man's seemingly neurotic episode get in the way of some valid points that were brought up by him. "You have a point. When I 'died' earlier in the game I did not even bother to check if any time had passed in the real world, assuming this is not real. That surely would have given some kind of implication on just how this whole thing works. But also when I left this world after my death, I could feel the fatigue and discomfort when I went back to my own body. It was like I could still feel everything from here. I've experienced plenty of dreams and substance induced visions, but nothing on the scale that this whole 'thing' is going on."

He shook his head at the thoughts that were running through his mind, "No, this has definitely got to be real. At least in the sense that its not just some illusion but at least the work of incredibly advanced technology or strange magic that is unheard of in our world. The question I would pose again is why? Is this just a game and we merely players or pawns in the hands of someone trying to accomplish some undetermined goal? His arrival to the real world..." he again points the finger at Tails, "brings quite a bit of mystery to this whole thing, raising some serious questions that I believe we should look into answering."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:25 am 

"Aint it obvious?" Zach spoke up, sitting down next to Jack on the ground. "He's talkin' to whoever he's sharing his head space with! Like me and the good General!"

Zach turned his mechanical head to Jack, "What's up? I'm Zach, and the guy who keeps having constant hacking asthma attacks is my current alter ego General Grievous." He extended his robotic hand for Jack to shake.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

JD had been listening to everything that was said and occasionally glancing over at Rukia, who seemed a bit unnerved. She kept looking at Grievous as though he was some sort of impossibility, when she was an impossibility herself. on top of that, Grievous resembled a hollow to her, at least a bit, so she was fighting the urge to try and kill him and "Purify his soul". JD on the other hand, was fighting the urge to comfort her simply because his emotional state toward Rukia had changed ever since she had implied she seriously meant it when she had mentioned being his girlfriend. As all the theories about what was going on played through his head, only one stuck out as plausible to him. They couldn't be drugged if Julien had literally seen Tails in the real world, and if it was magic, then they wouldn't be in a game that allowed logouts, he reasoned. that just left the one that was probably bias just because JD himself was a tech freak with a badass computer set up at home. "We've got to be inside some sort of revolutionary technological breakthrough on a test run..." he muttered more to himself, even though the rest of the group heard it. "If Tails is in fact real, then Lizbeth wasn't-scccccccchhhhh."

JD looked surprised for a moment. "Did my voice go to static for anyone else here? It's lik-sssssschhhhhhhhhh...." he paused. "****!"

Doce glared suspiciously at Jack and then Zach as they joined her against the wall. Am I being mimicked? she wondered. ...Screw it.

Her eyes widened in paranoid panic as JD started to... malfunction. Holy ****! Is he being cut off? "Like I said earlier," she said to the sky. "I'm open to discussion here. Seriously, I'm very open-minded."

Grievous coughed and wheezed as usual, but it was Zach's voice who came through. "I don't get what you're all worried about, this is cool in my book." His yellow slit eyes widened when JD began to go all static-y. "Uhhh...is that supposed to happen?"
[8:29:26 PM] TehZach1993: Also taking note of Rukia's looks at him, he waved to her, "Can ya stop looking at me like I'm some sort of Barrow or whatever it is?"

Suddenly a door opened out of literally thin air, and a certain Dark Knight walked out.

"I think I'm going to faint..." JD said as The Batman said "I need to know who the players known as Doce, Zach, and JD are. if you do not tell me, I will use violence."

JD raised his hand. He did NOT want a beating at the hands of The Caped Crusader. that was one fanboying filled fight he knew he'd lose.

Doce's mouth dropped open. It's mother-truckin' Batman, she thought, in a state of awe. "Present," she croaked, one eyebrow twitching nervously. "No violence necessary, please."

Grievous/Zach's reaction was less subtle, as his midsection began spinning again. "HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BATMAN! THE DARK KNIGHT, THE CAPED CRUSADER, THE WORLDS GREATEST DETECTIVE!" now spinning so much that his midsection looked like it was going to fly off and hit someone, it finally stopped when he got ahold of himself.

...More or less, "I'm Zach! Can I pleaaase have your autograph?"

The Dark Night nodded, completely ignoring Grievous' apperent infatuation, which led JD to further suspect foul play from all the events that had been leading up to this.

"Follow me." The Batman said simply, and he went back through the door with no apparent structure behind it's frame. JD followed, and found that the trio were being led into what looked like a lavish mansion.

"Trippy... alternate dimension?" he asked trying to get a grasp on the situation. Apparently his social skills from Sword Art Online were so high they actually influenced THE Batman! the response he got was as follows: "No. The Game Master's Guild Hall."

JD frowned but kept moving. More info that they were indeed in a game. That still didn't explain the apparent non-dying player reports, but it leaned toward them being true.

The Game Master's.... Doce craned her neck back to look at the ceiling. "It's beautiful," she said. "Fitting for the GM of a game this revolutionary, I suppose." She hesitated and looked ahead at the caped crusader, but couldn't think of anything to say to him. She didn't even know if he was an NPC or not, and bringing it up seemed like a bad idea.

She looked around and flashed back to when she was kidnapped in the Beta and chuckled. "It's kinda nostalgic~"

Coughing and wheezing with every step towards the mansion, Grievous/Zach with his hunched over posture walked along with the other two players. He looked ahead to Bats and rushed up beside him, "Soo...are you post crisis or New 52 one?"

"Does it matter?" The Batman asked rhetorically. JD had the feeling Zach was a huge fan of Batman, but if the Bat was an NPC, the obvious fact was that he'd be secretive, distrustful, and not trust a villain as far as he could throw them. Given Grievous' size, that wasn't very far. Before he could say anything, Batman opened a door, and they were ushered inside. a man whom JD immediately recognised was seated at a coffee table with three empty chairs. One reminiscent of Grievous' battle cruiser command chair, one that looked like it was made of ice, and one that looked like a plain wooden one from a certain summer home in SAO. JD put on a fake smile. "I see you tailored to our character's comfort levels." he stated. "Dark Schneider. If that's even who you are."

The man revealed to be Dark Schneider raised an eyebrow. "So you DO watch a lot of anime. Good to know. But please, call me GM."

As the three took their respective seats, GM sighed and ran a hand through his white flowing hair. "Alright. I want to be frank. There are things I want to say, but without giving you the right to speak your minds, and perhaps the chance for me to answer a few questions, it wouldn't be fair, so shoot."

"What and why?" Doce said, intentionally being as general as possible. "Unless my life or the lives of any of the few humans I actually care about are threatened, I'm content to just enjoy this spectacular game. I won't be a problem." She started tapping her foot again, and couldn't keep the subtle thrill from seeping into the edges of her expression. This was the first time she'd ever said these words out loud, despite how deeply they'd rooted themselves into her with truth. "But I'm positively starving for information." Her foot stopped tapping momentarily before picking up again. "That's me being frank."

GM smiled in a friendly manner, but one that said "I know things" ever so slightly. "Well, that's a very broad generalization. As far as what... I don't know what you're asking, but why? I suppose I could tell you, but what's the fun in that? What I will say is that dying is not possible like in the Beta, so you don't have to worry about that crap. Go ahead and enjoy the game! and just so you know, everything about the NPCs you've been hearing is definitely not a lie."

The GM sat back in his chair, apparently looking pleased with himself. "How about the General? any questions?"

"Uhhhh....why'd you call us out here then? I don't get it." Zach scratched Grievous's metallic faceplate

The GM smiled in the sort of way that said, "I'm confident and you asked what I wanted you to ask." While JD frowned. something didn't feel right about this...

"Excellent question! You see... I have a problem." The gm looked up, sighed again a little over dramatically, looked back down, and continued. "Those rumors about a player not exiting the game upon death. They are true. My sources tell me that there may be something outside the game that's keeping him from waking up upon death. I can't trust my men with this because most of them are NPCs to begin with." There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. "He needs to be found and brought here so that I can help him. Will you help me?"

Doce hid her disappointment well. She'd assumed the GM had summoned them because he'd heard her express her willingness to hear his side of things. But he shrugged her questions off shamelessly. She was grateful to Zach for getting him to say something--even if it did nothing to explain the strange things happening with the NPCs.

Gods, this scheming devil is attractive, Doce thought, a slight pink touching her cheeks against her permission. Still... How is it that this has nothing to do with the game's NPCs acting up? And why ask us for help? She wanted to say that it sounded troublesome and try to get him to make it a quest, but her mouth was too well trained and agreed before she could say what she actually wanted to. "Sure, no problem." ****. I'm such a Yes-man. Oh well... It's not like I was going to say no, anyway.

Zach replied, not seeming to be worried about...whatever was having everyone on edge. "I'm in! You can count on me!" Followed by a loud hacking/coughing fit

GM looked at JD. "And what about you?" he asked with a warm voice. JD thought about it, then decided. "I want a question answered first. What kind of situation are our real bodies in? Answer that and I will help you."

GM laughed goodheartedly. "I suppose I owe you a reply then. Believe it or not, you are in your real body right now! I simply gave all of you avatars. no drugs, just a shift in... destination." He finished. "Now then, If I recall you said you'd help me if I explained."

JD gawked and looked at his hands... it wasn't tech? it was literally body switching? this was real? but if it was a game, then.... it would mean that none of the NPCs were actual AI at all! If this was real, Grievous could very well be able to overpower Zach and he would start murdering people. but it was a game! it had to be a joke that GM was pulling! it just... didn't add up.

GM noticed the look JD had of almost going into I-overthought-this shock. "Relax, Kirito. the only way to get people here was to call it a Game. and there are still laws that say we go back to earth when we die here." He said warmly. JD looked a bit startled. "Tails is an actual avatar brought to life isn't he?" he asked. GM smiled. "That would be telling. I would rather let you figure it out. It's much more fun to play a game than to know everything and watch it happen!" He said. Noticing the looks he was getting from Soren and Grievous, He laughed. "Too much info? or are you just shocked?" he said.

Grievous nodded, "Just....shocked."

Doce was shocked silent at the GM's big reveal. Her heart rate sped up almost enough to make her worry it might give out on her, then ecstasy seeped into every feature of Soren's body... Her body, she now realized. "That's the most amazing thing I've ever heard," she said, her eyes wetting slightly. "Uhg-- seriously, that is so awesome!" She was beyond thrilled, and she didn't even really know why! She paused. "Wait... But then, I'm actually a guy right now.... Screw it! I don't even care." She smiled at the game master and honestly smiled. "Thank you."

"This is soooo awesome!" Grievous/Zach said before bursting into a hacking fit

"Well, your all very welcome. I hope you remember this in the future. But I believe you all have a tournament to prepare for, so I will let you get back to it." GM snapped and a door just like the one they entered the Guild Hall in appeared next to him. "We should talk more often. goodbye for now." he said as they exited the room and were right back with the others. Rukia looked up. "What was that about?" she asked. JD then explained in the shortest way he could. "This isn't just a game. We are literally here, in these bodies, which is probably why we feel pain, and I don't know how anime/game logic exists here, but this is actually happening. No drugs, No drooling people in a hospital. We are literally us. I understand Japanese because I AM Japanese, Jack has a voice in his head because he actually IS insane, and Tails really is Tails just as much as Rukia IS Rukia."

He turned to Jack Spade "Jack, If you still don't believe Rukia's the real thing, I will ask you this. Why does it seem so impossible when Jack Spade himself shouldn't exist, but suddenly does, and has an insane voice in his head. and on top of that." he paused then shouted at the top of his lungs, which turned several heads. "WHY DO YOU THINK SOMEONE FROM OUR WORLD WOULD BE SO INSANE AS TO NAME A GIRL AFTER AN ANIME IF SHE WAS GOING TO BE TEASED BECAUSE OF HER PARENTS! HAVE YOU NO SHAME, OR IS JACK SPADE ACTUALLY INSANE ENOUGH TO OVERRIDE YOUR BRAIN'S THOUGHT PATTERNS???"

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Post subject: Mass Xover R2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:12 am 

I have returned

Jack looked at Zack as he sat his shiny metal ass on the ground next to him. Taking the hand, Jack gave the robot a manic smile.
"Nice to meet you Zack, I've seen the good general. One of my favorite Star Wars villains, and by the way, we must fight at some point. I am Jack Spade, and the voice in my head is Jack Spade. If you hadn't guessed, Jack is an alternate version of The Joker, from a world where Batman is the bad guy. I created the idea of Jack myself, and the game pulled him out of my head so I could run around as him for this."

At this moment, Batman walked in through a magical door.
"Oh please say he's not our Batman, cause that would mean we're all dead." Jack's voice said.
"No, I don't think it is. He doesn't have claws, and our Batman would have used violence then asked." As Batman abducted his new friends, Jack looked at those left. So now he had to sit with a purple guy, two people who seemed convinced they were fictional characters, and a cross dressing kid. They all seemed like great people really.
"Hey, purple nurple, you still haven't told me your name. The same goes for the little boy in the dress over there. And until you say otherwise I'm just going to call you Fox Jr." Jack pointed to each member of the group, finally ending on Rukia.
"As for you, fine, I'll stop insisting that you aren't the real Rukia. I'm getting more and more convinced this is magic, and if magic is involved then you being a fictional character who stopped being so fictional might be possible. I still won't totally believe you until I see a picture."

Jack stood back up as the magic door reappeared and JD and co. walked back out. Jack listened to JD as he explained that it was magic, and that Jack's wild card theory of alternate dimensions was right. Then JD started yelling at him.

"Actually," Jack responded, in a casual tone, "I was going under the assumption that this was future tech based, in which case it would have totally been impossible for her to exist, regardless of what happens in here. Besides, you missed it but I just admitted to her that if this is magic then she could be the real deal, I still want a picture." Jack suddenly stepped up close to JD, inches away from his face, and yelled right back.
(Fun Fact: I can yell REALLY ****ing LOUDLY)

"AND YOU DON'T KNOW PEOPLE FROM OUR WORLD VERY WELL! PEOPLE HAVE LITERALLY TRIED TO NAME THEIR KIDS AFTER NUMBERS, CUSS WORDS, HELL, SOMEONE TRIED TO NAME THEIR KID ADOLF HITLER, AFTER WORLD WAR II! I'VE MET A KID NAMED LINK, AND A COUSIN NAME KIRI, I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST SOMEONE TO NAME THEIR KID RUKIA!" Jack rocked backwards, aware that every person in the city likely heard him. Not an exaggeration.
"Besides, Rukia could have been a nick name, or maybe just her username. You guys probably met during the Beta and that was her character, so you just decided to call her that instead of whatever her real name is. How would I know the difference?" Jack now backed up to the wall, a look of victory on his face.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:38 pm 

"Garsot...or you could call me Julian, as that is the name of this character I am playing as. Either one is fine by me." Garsot answered the alternate Joker as he sat next to him against the wall. When Batman had entered the area, Garsot could not help but feel a bit...unimpressed by his presence. He had never been a big fan of the Batman, mostly due to the fact that he kind of thought Batman was sort of lame compared to the rest of the DC Universe characters. Garsot was convinced that it was popularity and writing that allowed Batman to stand with powerful beings like Superman and Wonder Woman and nothing else. In reality, as ironic a thought as that was in this moment, Batman would be pretty useless. This was Garsot's mentality though, "I used to beat on that guy all the time in DC Universe Online," he said to Jack Spade as Batman walked the trio back through the door.

"I wonder what he wants with them," Garsot thought out loud as he listened to the interaction between Jack and the rest of the group, not really sure what to make of the situation. "I hope its not some kind of trap and we are just sitting here while our new friends are being slaughtered by some deranged menace, "No offense," as he looked over at Jack again. He stood up from the ground and walked a few feet away from the remaining group and started practicing his abilities. "There is no telling when they will be back, should we..."

Garsot was interrupted mid sentence as a door once again appeared before the group, with the trio walking out of it. Garsot walked back towards everyone as JD explained the events that took place. "You think we can trust what he says? It seems kind of convenient that he happens to show up and provide you this task when we are sitting here trying to pick apart the reasoning behind this place. Might be a way to keep us distracted, maybe."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 pm 

In College

Doce left the GM's hall and returned to the town in sort of a daze. So then, except for the whole death aspect and game interface, this world isn't the slightest bit different from the Beta.

Then, a dreadful thought occurred to her and she turned to the others. "Hey, uh, I'm going to log off, okay? I still don't know whether or not time is passing in our world, and I'd better find out before I miss school or something."

She didn't like the idea of the others having fun or debating without her, or of missing the tournament, or of falling behind in her quest to locate this unkillable character. But, hey, real life comes first, right?

"Later, I guess. I'll let you know what I find out." She made her way to the nearest checkpoint zone, which was smack in the middle of town, pulled up her user interface and found the logout button and returned to her own world. If it turned out she was worrying for nothing, she'd be back online in a matter of minutes.

--------------------------------

Doce's eyes came into focus and she took in her surroundings. I'm in my living room, she thought, bringing her watch up to her face. Time, check. Date, check. And, while I'm at it... Yup. Alarm's set.

She stood up from the oversized couch and walked the six or so steps to get to her bedroom. She looked out her window at the convenience store across the street--normal--and examined herself in the mirror. Everything is exactly as I left it. And... she looked at the blue orb in her hand. Well, I guess if everything is fine here, I might as well go back and--

"Ditto!" The enthusiastic sound broke her train of thought and made her heart skip a beat. She spun around to search for the source and saw a freaking adorable, smiling purple blob sitting on her bed.

"Ditto!" it said again. "Diditto ditto!"

For a moment, she just stared at it. Then her mouth opened, and her eyebrows went up in a disbelieving smile, and she laughed. "Oh.. My.. God.." she said, shaking her head and grinning. "You're a Ditto," she said to it. It quivered and blinked at her, as if it could think of no response to a statement so stupidly obvious.

"Ditto," it said flatly.

"I'd ask you how you're in my room, but I wouldn't understand a word of it."

Then, suddenly, Doce was looking at herself sitting on her bed. "When you logged off for the first time, I tagged along," it said with her voice.

Doce overcame her immediate shock to ask her follow-up question. "Why?"

"I don't know," it answered. "But I like it!" And with that, it became a Ditto again, and it leapt into her arms. She caught it and had to resist squeezing the adorable ****ing.

"Oh my gods, you're cute. Are you going to stay with me?"

"Ditto!"

Doce smiled and held Ditto in one arm, while starting up her computer with the other. "Genderless. Its transformations are perfect, but it will make mistakes when transforming from memory. It can turn into anything--even inanimate objects. If it laughs or relaxes, it changes back into a Ditto..." Well... I have a Pokemon, and life just got more interesting.

The Witch Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 pm 

Upon the shouting match, Grievous stepped between the two men and did something unexpected.

"Lets not fight! Lets just check out how awesome I am! Look at these guns!" Flexing with all four arms extended, Zach tried to lighten the mood.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 pm 

I have returned

Jack looked at Zach, and started shaking his head in pity.

"You sad, strange little man, I bid you farewell. Actually now that I think of it, I should log out too. I want to check on my own life, and the voice in my head is desperate to figure out who some of your characters are. I'll be seeing you all soon."
Jack opened up his menu and hit the log out button.

Jack saw the familiar reality shattering effect he had seen on entry to the game. And once the world had reasserted itself, he found himself in his living room, standing with the blue orb in his hands. Checking his watch, he saw that it was the same time and date it had been before. So, magic it was.

"I'm so going to get used to that." Jack said to himself. He nearly jumped when the voice that responded came from behind him, and was a girls.

"Me and you both, sweets."
Jack turned around, coming face to face with a lady in a tight red dress and paper white skin. She also had a small armory of weapons on her back, along with a oversized hammer. Jack had to stare for a few moments to register what he was seeing.

"You're Jill Heart. First, how did you get in my house. And second, how did you get into this world?"

"I just appeared in the house," Jill said, "and I followed you out of the game. In all truth, I expected the guy who made me to be a bit better looking."

"Well, low blow. I'd be more careful if I was you, I might make up some horrible death for you." Jack said, pointing a finger casually at Jill

Jill pushed the finger to the side. "Oh please, you know that comic book characters never really die."

"Touché." Jack walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

Hopping onto the computer, he started searching the inter-webs for the characters he was now playing with. Jill, for her part, sat down on a couch, pulled out a phone and turned too Jack.
"So who are we researching?"

"You look up Julian, I think he said he was from a fighting game. Big purple guy, very angry looking, shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll search for the little cross dresser, I believe Doce called her Kalluto or something like that. When you finish look for that blue haired guy Doce change into, and I'll look up her first form. Lucy."
"Good plan, so what do we do if someone from your family gets home?"
"You'll go hide in the backyard, we have a small tree house you can stay in. Usually I'd use the anime cliche of you're my girlfriend, but I already got one so that won't work." Jack stopped, feeling something was very off. He finally realized that Jack's voice was missing.
"I've gotten used to Jack's voice being in my head, this is going to be weird going without it."
"I'm talking to the guy who created me, how do you think I feel." Jill responded, in a rather bored tone.
"I'm guessing disappointed, based on your earlier statement. Now come on, the sooner we finish this the sooner you can see your Jack." Jack said, giving her a sly smile.
"All the encouragement I needed sweets."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

As Zach broke them up, JDizzle literally had a red anime tick mark pulsing on the side of his head. Rukia seemed to treat this as a normal sight, and decided to try to ease the tension. "Can we just agree to disagree on that subject? I mean whether I was once fictional or not is irrelevant now, and I don't want that fact to mess up a friendship."

JDizzle sighed and nodded as Jack logged out. "Fine. I guess it doesn't matter what we think as long as we get along. Garsot, as much as I hate to say it, you're right. Something doesn't feel right about the guy in charge of this, but I had to agree to his terms to get information from him. Come on Rukia, we're leaving too. See you guys later!"

Rukia nodded and brought up her character HUD along with JD. They both saw the glass effect and were suddenly back to JD's apartment, laying on the living room floor. "Wow, what a way to live." JDizzle said as he sat up. Rukia smiled at him and made a split second decision. Leaning over before he could register her intent, she kissed him on the cheek and stood up as if nothing had happened. JD blinked.

"You really meant it didn't you?" he said after a moment of shock. she looked at him and said in a sweet voice, "Hmm?"

"The whole thing about being my girlfriend." He answered her, standing up and dusting himself off. "Yep. What else am I supposed to do? Soul Society doesn't exist here, and you are the only one I know outside my own world." Rukia's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "And it's not like we don't like each other.... is it?"

"Well to be honest I'm still trying to wrap my head around an Anime character living with-OWWWW!" JD screamed as Rukia drop-kicked him much the same way she did when Ichigo said something stupid. "What kind of girl would intentionally drop-kick her boyfriend?" he asked, clutching his new wound. Rukia backed up at the sight of how hurt he was. "I'm sorry... forgot you weren't Ichigo there for a second. You know... Huge amounts of Reiatsu?" JD let a small smile return to his face. "Well try not to do that again, okay?" he asked. she nodded.

Then they both heard someone laugh, and a second person say "Shhhhh! We'll get caught!" JD sighed. "This is never easy is it?" he asked. raising his voice, he firmly stated. "We know there are two of you, so come on out!"

He couldn't have been more shocked when two girls came out of the adjacent room. It wasn't because they were girls though. Far from it. It was because they were both from Kirito's world. He started to panic and once again, the stress he was under made him faint.

He awoke several hours later in his bed somehow, with three girls looking at him worriedly. Rukia was not going to like this. "It's going to be a looooooooooooong day." he muttered. "Rukia, could you get me some water while I talk to these two."

"Sure." She complied as she went to the kitchen to get it. JDizzle sat up and looked at the two young women. "Asuna. You CANNOT say anything about Kirito being your fiance to Rukia." he said flatly.

The younger of the two girls smiled innocently. "Why not Kazuto? is it gonna make her jealous?"

JDizzle sighed. "She's pretty adamant about being my girlfriend in this world. and cut the Kazuto crap, Suguha. My name's JDizzle." He ran a hand through his hair. "This REALLY complicates things." he murmured as Rukia returned with a cup of water.

"We should get some sleep before we head back into the game. It's already dark out." Rukia said as JD finished his water. JDizzle nodded. "I'll get the air mattress for two of you, someone can have my bed, and I..." he sighed in frustration, "will sleep on the couch."

"Thanks Kirit- I mean JDizzle." Asuna said, realizing too late that this mistake would clue Rukia in just a little more than necessary. She was right.

"I'm sorry, I could have sworn you almost said Kirito! JD, do you two know each other?" Rukia asked.

"Uhhhh..."

Rukia got up in JDizzle's face. "Do. You. Two. Know. Each. Other???"

"Sort of?... pleasedon'thurtme."

Asuna decided she would rather be found out than lead the angry Rukia on like this. "Kirito married me in Sword Art Online. In this game that you are playing now though, that hasn't happened, so in a way the answer to that question is yes, but at the same time, I know nothing of JDizzle's life. So no, we don't."

The rest of the night was silent as JDizzle didn't want to antagonize any of the girls, but now he had a problem. A girl who wanted to be his girlfriend was one thing, but another who was technically Kirito's wife, and yet another whom was Kazuto Kirigaya's sister? this was getting complicated.

"What am I going to do?" were his last thoughts as they all went to sleep.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:27 pm 

"Well I suppose I should log off as well....bye everyone, hope to see ya at the tourney or whatever!" Grievous/Zach gave one last cough before logging out and finding himself in his messy bedroom.

He lay on a bed which had no sheets, simply a bare mattress and box springs which were starting to sag and bend to the shape of his rump. His mattress was sinking into the box springs too, and speaking of springs...the mattress had an enormous gaping hole at the foot which tore through into the springs which were covered in bits of fluff and foam, same with the right corner of the head.

Zach usually covered these with a blanket or two, his mom and him were pretty poor...but they were ok in terms of having enough to live on.

He currently found himself laying in a pile of PS3 games in their cases, which took up most of the space between his bed and table with his console and new HD tv he'd recently bought to replace his small old school tv.

Groaning, he sat up and when he realized what he had been putting his bulky frame on...he panicked and shot up onto his feet. He began nervously inspecting each box to make sure it was in as pristine condition as he'd kept it. Some were PS3 games, some were anime dvds and movies et cetera.

"Whoaaa cool collection, dude! Might wanna get some sort of cabinet or something to keep em' in though!" A somewhat scratchy voice said from the doorway to his room.

Turning around quickly, sure he'd heard that voice somewhere..no it couldn't be.

A boy with pointy ears, dark green hair and bright green skin stood there in a purple outfit, he had a small fang poking up from the bottom of his mouth.

"Y-you're...Buh-Buh-Beast.....B-Buh-" Zach quietly said in utter shock.

The young titan crossed his arms on his chest, "Come on! Say it with me! Beaaast Boooy!" He sounded out his entire superhero name, just as Zach collapsed onto his bed in a dead faint.

He woke up to something foul and cottony being waved under his nose, whatever it was it smelled like...His eyes shot open and he looked down to see B.B. waving a sweatstained sock under his nose like some sort of smelling salt.

"GAH!" Zach shot up, and Beast Boy fell to the ground laughing with his sock in hand.

"What was that for!? Ugggh I think I can taste it!" Zach's eyes watered from the smell filling his small room.

As Beast Boy composed himself from his laughing fit, he replaced his foot wear and chuckled. "Sorry dude, that just is what I use to wake Cyborg up when I'm bored and need someone to play videogames with. Works every time!"

Zach stared at B.B. for a few moments before saying, "You really are him aren't you?"

Beast Boy puffed out his chest proudly, "Yep! Soo uh..can I check out your games?" The young man's eyes sparkled.

"Sure....I'll show you my favorites." Zach smiled.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:01 am 

In College

There, that's what I was looking for. Ditto copies the stats of whatever it transforms into.

"You know, Ditto, this is at least the second instance I know about where something like you follows a player out of the game. It's the third if I count Rukia. Anyway, I want to mess with the others a bit, let them think something else followed me out. In short, I want you to transform into something. I don't have a picture, but I can give you step by step instructions, okay."

"Ditto," it said, shaking it's head. Then it shut its eyes and the air seemed to pulse, and then the Ditto turned into exactly what she'd wanted.

She circled around Frahlah's form, finding no noticeable imperfections. "How did you..?"

"Shi Mind Reader us'ehr," it said. Doce understood because she'd created the language... And because the move title was in English.

"You know that move?" she asked, shocked at the sheer convenience.

"e'Shi Normal-Type Move bei, to e'shi coveris bei, sa shi e'shi stud'ehr to cog'ehr."

'It's a normal-type move,' she interpreted. 'And it's very useful, so I practiced and learned it.' "Is it really that simple?" she asked. It smiled and shrugged, and Doce gave a light-hearted sigh. "Whatever. This is going to be fun." She crushed the orb and sent them both back into the game.

---------------------------------

They arrived at the checkpoint from which she'd logged off. She checked her friends list, but it looked like Lucile was the only one still on. What? I log off and everybody else follows? I feel like I've been copied again. Oh well. They probably just panicked when I mentioned the idea of time passing and had to check for themselves. She started a PM for the little girl.

Hey, sis, I'm back online. Looks like the others are still off. Wanna do some grinding while we wait? I've got a tournament battle coming up. Sent.

The Witch Hunter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next