All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marked (IC)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:59 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Is it a bad sign that I'm getting really good at this?" Issaic thought to Shade as he sliced another shadow in half.
*Well it does show that you have experience, which is not surprising considering that you travel with a group of marked.*
"Good point"

Issaic noticed when three members of the group headed down an alley, and was planning on following them when he noticed that one roof looked relatively free of fire.
*Dont do it*
"Now I have too"
*If you do that I will hit you so hard*
"Worth it"
Running towards the closest wall, Issaic pulled a knife out of his pocket, ran up the wall, and when he lost his momentum just short of the top he stuck the knife into the wall and used to to climb the rest of the way up.

*It is slightly worrying that you can do that with ease.*
"Agreed"
*By the way, if you get burned I'm gonna say I told ya so for days.*
"Still worth it"
Running across the roof he got to the elf as the rest of the group was ready to leave. The shadows were nearly completely surrounding them so he decided to do something incredibly stupid... Again. Pulling out his board he strapped it on and flew off the roof into the thinnest area of shadows, catching them of guard and from behind, it was a pretty good massacre.

"This ways clearer, let's get moving fast! My shadows keeping the gate fairly clear so once we get there we're home free."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Marked (IC)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 am 

Didion

He had just arrived the day before, and already he was unimpressed. Didion had never seen or visited a town like Gandara before, and had only come across a few smaller villages on his travels from the mountains. His nose was chronically crinkled up, the smell of the place was utterly horrendous for his dainty nose. There were so many people, and different kinds of people, walking around in the open and rudely shoving their ways past Didion. At first he paused every time someone bumped in to him, turning and waiting quite patiently for an apology. When none followed, he felt his temper start to flare and at one point he burst out with expletives and immediately found himself sprawled on the ground. After that he did his best to hug the walls of the town, avoiding contact with people as much as possible as depression began to settle in. This was not what he had expected. Nobody cared who he was, nobody paid him attention, and everyone smelled. Did personal hygiene not exist in big towns? He found himself sniffing involuntarily, a particularly rancid smell filling his nostrils. As he inadvertently shifted his head about following the smell, he found that his head was slowly moving downwards…to the crook of his arm…He jolted as soon as he realized the source of the smell, stumbling backwards slightly and pressing himself up against the nearest wall.

Quickly he glanced from side to side to see if anybody was near him, could potentially smell his odor. Sticking his hands under his arms in a way that cupped his armpits seemed like the most logical solution until he could find himself a bath. Didion walked around as such, clearly uncomfortable with his present situation, and headed back to the room he found for an incredible price! It was a fairly big area, and covered in hay, and the horses were incredibly obnoxious and rude, but he found the room for so cheap that he just couldn’t refuse. They were even nice enough to put a wooden tub filled with water in the stall-like hotel room he was in. Immediately he dunked himself in and scrubbed away until the fleshy part of his body was red. He shook his head out, his little tail furiously working off the water, and then headed back out feeling alive and fresh again. Didion saw an apple outside one of the stalls one of the horses was in, picked it up gingerly and began to bring it up towards him. He took a bite, chewing thoughtfully, and then rubbed the apple underneath his armpits for safe measure before throwing it into the stall. The horse in there gave an angry whinny, but Didion paid no mind. They were just filthy animals, after all.

When he exited the stall he noticed a different sort of hustle and bustle from the crowd. He paused, hands on his hips, trying to place just what was different and then a scream pierced the air. Nearly jumping out of his skin, Didion instinctively crouched very low, his hands hovering over his head for protection. As he turned to head back into the stalls his eyes widened as a very large, terrifying shadow creature seemed to be racing towards him. Didion froze, his legs refusing to move. Paralyzed with fear, his heart nearly pounding through his chest, he braced himself for imminent death. Just as the creature was on him Didion closed his eyes. This is it he thought, and I didn’t even find myself a mate! A rush of air made his hair fly back and send goose pimples across his skin, and then all was calm for a moment. He peeked an eye open slowly, until both opened and he straightened himself out. He was alive, and not only that, but unharmed!

“Gods be good!” he exclaimed as he turned to look behind him where the shadow figure went. Why wasn’t he dead, though? And who is the shadow thing looking for? That familiar prickle on his skin, the familiar spark of energy and light feeling in his chest overcame him as his adrenaline spiked. He had to know. Didion turned and raced after the shadow thing, practically soundless on his hooves. As he ran he began to notice fire on the roofs of the buildings and in various locations. He tried not to get distracted as he continued onward.
Following the shadow thing was harder than he anticipated, as people couldn’t help but get in his way. Not only that, but he found that it wasn’t just this one shadow creature in the city, but a whole hoard of them. He would see one, pause for a moment and then run after that one, then find another one heading a different way and follow that one, and then another one and round a corner and…..

SMACK!

Didion felt himself hit what felt like a wall, and then his hands were floundering around in the dirt trying to find something to hold on to. As he tried to get himself up he began to say heatedly, “You know you could watch where ya' going you dirty smut!”

"My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:47 pm 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

Ahnva glanced up at Isaaic flying overhead. He seemed to have the right idea, so following his lead seemed like the right thing to do at the time. She nodded at the dark elf, and began speeding after him aboard the motorcycle, not waiting for the group- or the shadow monsters- began following Isaaic.

The group was already beginning to move out of the city when Onnu ran head on into a tiny satyr. He jumped back, ready to apologize for nearly flattening the much smaller person, but paused when he began berating him. Onnu frowned. “Well, I was going to apologize, until you started talking like that.”

A shadow monster roared in the distance. Ahnva glanced up. “Getting closer,” she remarked.

Onnu winced. “Listen, we’re sort of running away from shadow monsters. You’re free to join us if you’d like, but right now clearing out of town is our main priority.” He looked worriedly over his shoulder. “There may be some on our tail right now, so…”

There was another distorted scream and a shadow monster rounded the corner behind them, gaining quickly. Onnu immediately jumped and, without thinking, broke into a gallop. The group was quick to follow suit.

“Let’s lead it out of the city and fight it,” Ahnva shouted. Normally she wouldn’t take charge, but if they stopped every time a shadow monster approached them, they’d never get out of Gandara.

Last edited by Doodleniks on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Tevyn's initial reaction to Allister and Lurik's appearance right in front of him was, understandably, a few silent seconds of wide-eyed awe. Before he answered with words, he took the rider's hand and hoisted himself onto Lurik's back, 'running' up the reptile's leg to get up faster. Once off the ground, he held onto whatever was most convenient, be it a part of the saddle or just the beast's skin. "Nice lizard," He finally commented, looking towards the ground to make sure his own was alright.

Maya had him safely clinging to her, though the long claws in such close proximity to her unarmoured torso was making her a tad uncomfortable. "So, uh, I'm not sure if you understand me, but could you maybe not squeeze so hard?" She asked the small tarrasque, nudging Moira's sides to get the goat moving alongside the others. The only response she got was a squeak and an even tighter squeeze. The poor thing was obviously fairly spooked, and falling off a moving goat wouldn't be good for its health, so she just gave a huff and dealt with it. On the ride out, she took potshots at shadows that got too close, but otherwise conserved ammunition.

Not so for Tevyn, who wasted no time in popping off shots at anything spooky and monstery. His 'bullets' of magic could at least recharge, so he wasn't wasting anything, just peppering them a bit to make the upcoming fight a bit less tough. Though honestly, he'd rather not be fighting a horrifying abomination. He came into town hoping for a good breakfast and a place to rest, not all this bullcrap. As fun as blasting things in their general face-like area was, there were days when a guy needed a day off, and having said day off interrupted was never fun for anybody.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:38 pm 

I have returned

Issaic was a bit ahead of the group, having gotten a slight head start, and of such he got to the gate first. On the other side was a fairly decent amount of mutilated shadows, all surrounding Shade. Shades left arm was hanging by a sliver, and his right leg was missing a massive chunk on its hip.

"You could have told me you were nearly dead!" Issaic yelled at Shade once he got close enough to call to him.

*Nah I knew you were going to get here soon enough, either way you probably could have just grabbed all my pieces and put me back together.*

"You know I was joking about that! There's no way that would actually work!"

*just shut up and get over here, I need to get on the board before I fall over.*

Issaic complied and brought the board right up next to Shade, who then practically draped himself over Issaic, and hung there limp after that.

*I'm about to let out the call, all the shadows are either still searching the city or after you guys already, so the chance of anymore coming from in front of us is very poor. Make sure to warn the others that the chase is about to begin.*

"Will do," turning back towards the others "hey! He's about to call the shadows, once he does they should all come for us, as far as he can tell they are all inside the city, so we shouldn't have to worry about running into anymore."

What looked like a mouth erupted in the middle of Shades face, letting out a high piercing scream, every shadow in a few miles could hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:43 pm 

Didion puffed his chest out at the man, secretly in his mind getting ready to flee had he swung. The mention of the shadow creatures piqued his interest. "So you're what they're after? I can't imagine why, with the kind of manners-"

He was quickly cut off by the sound of gunfire, and Didion instinctively crouched and covered his ears. Loud noises were not Didion's favorite thing. At this point he was starting to think of retreating and getting as far from this group as possible, but when he did a 360 turn he noticed that there was no escaping. The shadow things were all over the place. He turned back to assess the people within the group. They all appeared to be competent, and well equipped. Staying alive was priority at this point in time, so Didion gathered up his wits and began to prance alongside the rest of the group.

"Yes, yes, let's get on with it, no point in lingering!" He affirmed to the gentleman as he unofficially-officially joined the group.

"My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 pm 

At the sight of the shadow waiting at the gate for them, Ahnva almost lunged to attack, but paused when she saw the mark on the creature's face, and Isaaic's interaction with it. What was this? How was this shadow sentient? However, this line of thought was cut short when the shadow unleashed an ear piercing scream.

She opened her mouth in astonishment. That meant that all the shadows in the city were chasing them. She doubted this group could defeat them all on their own.

"Um, question," Onnu said, glancing back to the city. "If that thing was heard by the shadows inside the city... And it's going to make them come here... Then doesn't that mean the shadows roaming on the plains around here will also come here?" He pointed towards the plain that stretched out in front of them. "And, if that's the case, we should probably run."

Ahnva didn't wait for anyone else to move, but instead revved her motorcycle and shot towards the cliffsides near the town. There were cave systems where you could retreat for a while, and even if she couldn't lose the shadows in them, it would give her a fighting chance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:08 pm 

eyy, senpai!

"I'm all for running," Maya said in response to Onnu's question. Since she wasn't marked, she wondered if the shadows would even acknowledge her presence while chasing the others. She was more than certain anything getting arrows through their heads would show some reaction, but if they were preoccupied chasing Shade, and by extension the other marked ones, it may open an opportunity for her to help lessen their numbers from afar.

Ahnva seemed to know what she was doing, so Maya nudged her mount's side to keep on course. She glanced over her shoulder to see how the others were keeping up, which prompted a distressed squeal from the lizard beast clinging to her midsection. "Sorry, sorry," She swiftly apologized, straightening herself out again so she wasn't making the poor thing slide around on the saddle.

In the rear end of the group, Tevyn had turned himself around on the seat of the larger lizard's saddle, and was carefully aiming at pursuing shadows. He held one arm ahead of him to act as a balance, and rested the barrel of his revolver on his forearm. The luckily-blunt blade didn't cut through anything, and his use of magic projectiles prevented him from needing to reload every few seconds. He shot slowly, but very carefully, aiming for heads, knees, anything to disable the beasts and prevent them from catching up.

"It would be great if we could finally get away from these things," He dryly suggested, looking down at a shadow that managed to nab the tail of the beast he was riding on. It crawled up towards him, and after opening its mouth to give a roar, got a cylinder full of bullets right down the throat. He pushed the now-still beast out of his way, and with a disgruntled sigh, continued to try and thin the horde out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 pm 

With the group on her tail, Ahnva led the way (mainly by being the fastest on the back of her motorcycle) to the cliffsides. She slowed as she neared it, scanning the cliff for the entrances that pockmarked it's surface.

"Good thinking," Onnu remarked, slowing to a trot beside her. "I stayed here a night or so ago. It's a good place to hide." He joined her in her search.

Ahnva didn't respond, only continued searching until she saw an entrance hidden by a boulder that cast a long shadow over it. She hopped off the motorcycle and wheeled it over to the entrance. She would have liked to find a higher entrance, but beggars couldn't be choosers, and the shadows were getting closer.

They entered the cave. It was unsettlingly dark, but for now it was safe- providing there weren't any shadows lurking inside. Onnu ducked his head as he entered. "Everyone all right?" He asked, turning in the darkness.

Ahnva hunted in one of her bags until she found what she was looking for- a small magic crystal that gave off a light. It thrummed in her hand as she held it up to get a better sense of the place. Small, but big enough to hold all of them. No apparent passages where something nasty might be lurking. "We need to seal that entrance," she said. The crystal cast a ghoulish blue light on her face.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:15 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Allister followed the others as quickly as he could while still knocking some shadows off the trail. Eventually he saw Ahnva and Onnu pull up to a cave of sorts. He pulled in behind them as they got their gear inside. Allister called out for Winston to come down so he wouldn't get trapped in the shadow's grasp. Once inside Allister heard one of the others say that they needed to figure out a way to close the entrance so the creatures couldn't follow. He ordered Lurik to begin attempting to close the boulder over the entrance, but even the strength of the giant lizard wasn't enough to move it more then a foot. Allister began helping but it still seemed too heavy.

"Help!" Allister called back, puching against the boulder with all his might.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:41 am 

eyy, senpai!

Moira zipped into the cave, running past everyone else a short distance before turning to stop herself. Her hooves slid across the ground, and once she came to a stop, Maya slid down the side of her saddle and dashed back at the entrance, immediately readying an arrow to shoot at any still-pursuing beasts. There were none immediately visible, but a tension that filled the air kept her prepared. Maya's arms tensed and her right foot tapped against the ground, a sign of uneasiness. The boulder wasn't moving, and the longer they all remained exposed, the bigger the chance that their pursuers would catch up.

Tevyn, meanwhile, slid down the giant reptile's tail and hit the ground with a roll. His gun was stowed into its holster, magic energy dissipating in a puff of mist to empty it once it was no longer in his grip. No time was wasted at the request for aid, and he joined Allister and Lurik in their efforts to move the enormous stone. He couldn't quite put a hold on any grips, so he pushed against it with all his upper body, a shoulder pushing into the stone as he strained himself trying to scoot it.

"C'mon..." He grumbled, hearing a familiar squeak down at his feet. Bones, who had let go of Maya when the ride ended, was also trying to push the rock. The child-sized lizard could hardly exert any force, but the thought was nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 pm 

Onnu added his force to the stone, straining to push it into place. His size and strength gave them what they need move it to the point where they could all get inside. He ducked into the cave again and once they were all inside the cave, they pulled it shut from inside.

For a long moment they were all silent, as the shadows scrabbled about on the fields outside. One screamed, long and low, outside the sealed door. However, the noise of the mass of shadows moved away from the cave.

After the cave was finally silent, Onnu cleared his throat. “I think they’re gone,” he said. He wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. The shadows always terrified him to the core.

Ahnva stood. “The cave doesn’t have any passages leading anywhere, but we can’t hide out here forever. I say we leave when morning comes.” She strode past Onnu, stopping to look at the cave's mouth to ensure it was properly sealed. She didn’t intend to stick with this group if she could help it.

“Shouldn’t we make some kind of plan beyond that?” Onnu asked. “A location to head to…?” He trailed off, glancing at the others, hoping one of them would back him up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:53 pm 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Allister slumped to the ground, his arms numbed from the excessive force, and began exploring the cave with eyes. It went relatively high and there were no conceivable passages that he could make out. Thoughts of being trapped ran through his mind, either starve in here or face a horde of shadows. None of this was appealing to him, or any of the people he was with he would imagine. The voice of one of the others broke him from his thoughts, one of them asking for any plan of action.

Allister thought to himself and said, "We obviously can't stay here very long.". He got back to his feet, arms still a little numb. "Does anyone feel a breeze? Or hear flowing water?"

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 pm 

eyy, senpai!

The cave's mouth finally blocked, Tevyn let go of the boulder and backed up. A sigh escaped him as he shook his arms, trying to soothe the soreness in them brought on by straining against the rock. Unfortunately, he didn't exactly have much spelunking experience, nor any idea where to go after they'd sealed themselves off. With those things outside, he saw little option other than to venture further into the cave, maybe find a back 'door' out. He idly drew his pistol again, spinning the empty weapon around on his finger as he paced away from the cave's opening.

Letting her arrow down gently, Maya listened carefully for any noise. She closed her eyes, and her ears twitched lightly at every sound. Tevyn's footsteps were a bit of a distraction. Past them, though, the unmistakable babbling of liquid flowing over rocks could be distantly picked up. "Sort of," She said in response to Allister. "Is there a river anywhere around here? Maybe we could follow it." She hadn't gotten a chance to properly scope out the area before everything went to hell, so it was just a hunch. Anything was better than sticking around in the cave, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 pm 

Ahnva turned when Maya mentioned the water, pausing to listen for the sound of water. After a moment of concentration, she picked up on it. She nodded, then silently strode forth into the cave, expecting the others to follow her to the source of the water. Looking for water would likely lead them out of the cave, and in any case would keep them from dying from dehydration.

“Wait, where are you going?” Onnu called after her.

She turned back for only a moment. “Looking for water,” she said flatly. With that, she turned and proceeded.

Onnu stared, slightly flabberghasted. “Well, that was,” he said, trying to find words. “Rude.” After a moment, he shook himself and said, “I suppose we should follow her, though? But I still feel we need some sort of way to continue after that.” He wasn’t sure he liked how unorganized this whole group was. At least his herd had had designated leaders and plans in case of disaster. This just felt like a mess.