All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heritage [IC]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:15 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Kaya pulled up and lifted her front hooves at the greeting, a clear if instinctual response to meeting friendly peoples. As her feet landed, she glanced about the clearing, sizing up her potential opponents. One, two, three...Damn. Can't handle more than three at one time. Prioritise...

She racked her lance along her side, setting the gift along the hooks in her armour made specifically to rest it. One Sidhe. Captain always said they were a pain, and take them out first if'n I could. Damn, a Jotun. I'll have to take him first, and then the smaller ones.

She reached up and removed her helm as the Sidhe called out to her, the voice small and echoing as the metal slid past her ears. The Meerah I can probably ignore until the end. Maybe a hoof as I go by if she proves more intimidating than she looks. And the...what? Even out of her thoughts, Kaya stared at the cat watching her as she made herself recognisable to these people.

Bloody hell that is a big cat. Maybe it and the Jotun first? This is sticky.... Kaya grinned lopsidedly as the Meerah called the warning about trolls. "Nay ta worry 'bout them, mistress. Ah've killed plenny of 'em an' the like o' 'em since ah earned me lance. But what are all ah you doin' this far out in these woods? Are ye an adventurin' party, summoned ta deal wivvem? And what names do ah call ye by?" Her smile did not enter her eyes, and in fact her glance flicked about in an easy-to-identify fighter's response. While her thoughts raced, her eyes followed. And that is one damn big lizard, too, with a rider. I'm in trouble if things turn bad, and no mistake. Too many damnable slowfolk.

"They call me Kaya. Other titles an' things follow if'n ye'r interested, but you look like busy folks. Did ye kill all ovvem by yourselves?" While she shook her hair out of its bun, her eyes cut a simple check over the treeline, making sure no ambushes would come on her flanks. Under her armour, her legs twitched, anticipating action even if there would be none now. It had been too long since her last pitched battle.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:24 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Magnus let out a heavy breath, relieved. It seemed like the ragtag little group that had come together over all the day's misfortune would be sticking together, and for that, he was incredibly thankful. With a smile and nod, he scooted his seat back and stood up, taking hold of the helmet he'd placed aside during the initial talks at the table. "Right. No time to waste, then. Let's go," He proclaimed, sounding determined. He was confident that, with all these people at his side, they could finally figure all of this out and put a stop to it.

Of course, the next step was to get back on the road. Magnus and his family wasted no time in gathering their belongings and preparing to head out, and presumably, most of the group followed suit in the preparations. However, before he took off, he took note of Sirenix, whom he'd seen accompanying Blake the previous night. A proper introduction hadn't been given, but he figured now was as good a time as any to get acquainted with an apparent friend of a friend. It wasn't hard to pick her out among the lobby, either. He'd seen Kalros people before, during travels to the south, but one this far north, so far from the ocean? That was an odd sight.

He made an approach, offering a wave and a smile to her on the way, as he looked up to meet her eyes. She was tall, towering a full foot over him, which made it even harder to miss her in the sparse crowd. "Hello," He began, lowering his hand. "Blake's friend, right? We didn't really get a proper introduction before, some, ah, business came up." He paused, looking over his shoulder to glance at Sheoldred, before turning back to Sirenix and continuing. "I'm Magnus, and it's nice to meet you." He offered a polite handshake, while his other arm balanced his helmet against his hip.

Meanwhile, his parents continued their way outside, and were greeted by the sight of a fancily-dressed man with an even fancier carriage. Verigan, after everyone had gone to bed the previous night, had gathered some supplies for the group he'd be accompanying with Atisha. Nothing too out of the ordinary, really, as the things more suited for teaching her were buried away beneath the rest. At the sight of familiar faces he'd spotted during his short stay in the tavern, he opened his arms in greeting.

"Ah, hello! You must be the folks Atisha spoke of. Well, some of you. There are even more of you than I'd expected." He twirled his cane around in his hand, and shook his head. "No matter, no matter. I'm sure we can all pile into a few carriages. You did bring one yourself, correct?"

Hilde furrowed her brow a little at the greeting, but nodded. "Um, yes, we did. It's at the stables," She answered, glancing back into the tavern to see if she could spot Atisha and ask her about the flamboyant stranger that was currently parading around in front of her. Before she could, Verigan strode forward, and wrapped both arms around the shoulders of the elders.

"Wonderful! Then we'll be headed out of here in no time. So, tell me, what are your names?" He asked, starting to lead them forward. On the way to the stable, he made endless amounts of small talk, to the slight discomfort of the other two. His skull-like mask didn't help, but it was still a better sight for the pair than his actual visage. Which was also a skull, just with less gold engravings. Something he'd have to work on one of these days, for certain.

Soon enough, they returned, their more mundane-looking carriage being driven along by Verigan, and pulled by Agro and a second, newly-acquired horse. And Verigan, of course, was still speaking. "Now, don't you two worry. I've been driving these things since before trains were invented!" It sounded like a joke, but it wasn't. The elders had no way to know, and just sort of laughed along with him, sitting in the back of the carriage. Upon returning, they looked to the others for help, or at least explanations as to why this mysterious skeleton man was suddenly joining them.

-----

Tarkus kept a close watch on Kaya during their introduction. He was a bit surprised at the sight of her. While he'd seen and dealt with plenty of Epona in the past, she seemed...small, compared to what he was used to. Most things from Ardon were. But more than the size, her equipment took him off guard. An Epona wearing more than leather, bones, and the occasional leaf was a rare enough sight, let alone one who looked like a knight. The craftsmanship of the kit was quite impressive, especially the way it transitioned between the upper and lower halves. Whoever made it had clearly done it well.

Removing his sword from their bonfire and crematorium before the iron was heated too much, he balanced the weapon across his massive shoulders, the flat of the blade resting on his pauldron as Kaya spoke. He could tell she was sizing them all up, and truth be told, he was doing the same to her. In his experience, the best way to take on a quadrupedal Epona was to sever the legs at the knees. Strong as they might have been, a 30-pound slab of sharpened metal tended to be stronger. After that, a 'decapitation' of sorts to the body tended to be his go-to, but given Kaya wore actual armour, he doubted the effectiveness of the old methods. And that, in a way, got his approval.

"Yes," He answered simply to her question. "Something to the north of here has driven the trolls further south. I intend to find out what." He abstained from speaking of his and Vasma's initial quest, which had taken them through multiple partners and kingdoms thus far. "And if I can, kill it." He turned back to Silas and Floriad, watching them and waiting to see what they'd have to say about the situation. They'd been a damn good help, he had to admit, even if he didn't much want to. Elves of all sorts hadn't left good impressions on him in the past, but maybe they weren't so bad.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:05 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

Sirenix had managed to move herself from the foot of the stairs. And it looked like not a moment too soon as another guest had made their way done. Finding a quiet corner to stand down in, she couldn't quite muster up the courage to go up to the group. Despite knowing that they could probably help her like Blake mentioned yesterday, she just couldn't get herself to go up to them. They were new people. They were a mixture like she had never really seen in her life. Living under the ocean, most people tended to look like her. Up here on the surface? If the city streets and this inn were anything to go by, it was a completely different story. It was enough to make her head swim around and around.

Moving her bag more in front of her, she clutched it gingerly even as she tried to give herself a pep talk. It was for her brother. It was for her brother. Blake had mentioned that this group could help her find him. She needed help finding him. That much was obvious given yesterday's events. This world was big and if she could get lost in a city that probably wasn't even the largest, what about when she finds herself in one? Not to mention, what would she do if she even finds these people that had her brother? Just ask them nicely to hand him over? As her sister would say, 'that would work when the vents freeze over.'

Her eyes widen slightly as she saw Magnus approach her. As he neared her, she found herself moving her head down so he wouldn't have to strain so much to look up at her. As he introduced himself, she could help the smile that she felt on her lips. Yes. Last night had been...Interesting for a lack of a better word. Even as she had more or less be frozen with uncertainty at meeting the group.

Looking at his hand, she only thought it over a moment before reaching out and shaking it. "Sirenix." Her voice came out quietly and Sirenix cleared her throat for a moment before speaking again, this time just a bit louder. "Sirenix and I would say it is nice to meet you if the reason why I was here was a more pleasant one." She was being honest...Even as she felt her cheeks heat up just a little with the added blood flow that went to them. Cause that was the proper way to make friends. By basically saying it wasn't nice to meet htem. "I mean...Uh..." She sighed and gave up trying to go back on her mistake. At least she was being honest and she figured that at least spoke of something.

"Also. I am not exactly Blake's friend...I ran into him yesterday. Literally." She didn't want to tell her problem to Magnus quite yet. It looked like he might have a lot on his mind and he didn't need a stranger adding even more to it. At least not until she knew for sure that she wasn't gonna interfere with what quest he was on. Being a burden would be a lot worse in her mind than merely insulting him by accident.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:22 pm 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The group getting into motion happened as quickly as it could with a group of this size. Avis headed back to her room to get anything she may have left behind, which fortunately wasn't much- she was a light packer, and knew they were going to be heading out soon, so she hadn't gotten out anything that wasn't quickly put back in her pack. With that, she headed out to the carriages to help get ready.

However, she stopped short at the sight of Verigan. Had she seen him last night? She couldn't remember, and honestly, he seemed like the sort of guy she would remember. Every time she turned around it seemed like a new, even more ludicrous person had appeared to join the group. The more the merrier, she supposed, but it also made her a little nervous- if there were more people, that made it more likely that one of them was secretly up to something they shouldn't be. Still, Avis figured she might as well introduce herself, and walked up to where Verigan was, up by the carriage. "Hello there," she said, managing to keep the uncertainty out of her voice as she grinned up at him. "I guess you're joining our group?"

Larteis took a little longer to gather up his things, and exited his room with Bellant to find Magnus' parents returning from their encounter from Verigan. "Er, hello," he said from behind his armfuls of belongings. "Anything we could do to help?" Bellant offered no greeting or help, only sourly hoped he wouldn't be pulling a carriage again. Certainly someone in the group of people they had acquired had a horse that could take his place, or another one had possibly been required.

-

Vasma looked Kaya with her usual uninterested expression, but she was well aware of the girl's nerves- she could practically smell it coming off of her. She seemed to be sizing them up, which Vasma certainly hoped was just in case they decided to attack her. It would go rather badly for the girl if she decided to attack. Unless, of course, there were more lying in ambush, which might be more likely than Vasma thought. Still, she hadn't heard or smelled anything. But they could have snuck up while they were fighting, and there were so many scents in the forest it was difficult to pick out anything useful. "Vasma," she said as a way of introduction. "We've told you our business, so what's yours?"

She was hardly interested in attacking the girl- after a while fighting just got exasperating and it seemed to be all she was doing lately- but all the same, she wasn't going to let Kaya get the drop on her if she decided to attack. She swung her staff around in a more readied position, but casually enough so it didn't look like it was what she was doing.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

After all small talk and pleasantries began to slow, the group began to make their way from the table and finish up their preparations for their journey ahead. The first to leave was Magnus, who was soon followed by his parents. Anora watched as he walked over and introduced himself to a stranger, wondering who she was and how Magnus knew her. Maybe she was a long forgotten lover? Though she did not see Magnus as the type to fling around with random women. A forsaken friend? Anora thought for a second about this and soon dismissed this as well. Anora knew better than to trust someone who just appeared in the midst of a tavern, offering help. She knew the ones in this group she could trust were few and far in-between. Anora made a mental note to keep an eye on her, among the others she was already going to watch.

“Deep in thought?” The raspy voice of an old man asked.

“Yes, Cyrus.” Anora responded as her head turned to face her new acquaintance. He was one of the many she was going to watch.

“Not everyone is fighting against us.” The judgment in his voice was evident. “You must focus on our upcoming journey.”

Anora eyes darted down. Was he suggesting she not watch out for this group? Her wealth of experience had taught her a lot. A Caravan always ran the risk of attracting unwanted attention, from raiders attack from outside and thief's stealing from within. Her eyes always watched for anything that would threaten the group. Her eyes looked up, eyeing up Cyrus once again. “I am just watching out for an enemy I do not know.”

“Indeed.” Cyrus responded. “From what Ardur has told me your enemies have taken many forms.”

“Which is why I will continue to watch for threats.” Anora responded confidently.

Cyrus looked to her, then to Magnus's new friend, before back to her. “If you so insist.” He spoke as he leaned back in his chair. “Though Magnus's new friend does not seem like a threat to my old eyes.”

Anora grinned as she leaned back in her chair. Her eyes quickly darted to her left as the bartender brought two plates of food. She did not realize just how hungry she was and now she was wishing she had ordered some food. The bartender placed the first plate in front of Ardur, before placing one in front of her. Anora cocked an eyebrow as she looked up to the bartender. As she raised her head up high enough, her eyes locked onto those of the bartender. Her other eyebrow quickly shot up to match, and her eyes quickly darted between the plate of food and the bartender. The bartender raised a brow as well. His eyes simply stayed on her own, not offering an clues. Anora's eyes fell a little as she thought, until she had an idea. Her head tilted to the side, somewhat pointing out Ardur in the process. The bartender nodded.

“You know you could just ask.” Ardur spoke. “It's not so loud in here you have to revert to eye gestures.” The bartender gave him a slight nod as he moved away. Ardur began to tear into the food with a frenzy much akin to him. Anora watched in awe, as she usually did, at the speed in which this man devoured his plate.

After a minute of silence, Ardur looked up to see all the eyes were on him. Anora watched with her curious eyes but the eyes of Cyrus and Selen were more akin to one who just witnessed a horrific scene in a theater play. Cyrus slowly chewed his food now, eyes darting between the group. “What?” He asked as food spit out on the table. “I'm hungover and hungry.” His eyes darted over to Anora before darting down to her plate of food. “If you don't start soon, I will finish it.”

Anora once again cocked an eyebrow at the statement. She quickly grabbed a nearby fork, and skewered a lonely piece of meat. “I believe you.” She said as she smiled. She began to eat her food slowly.

Anora finished her food a few minutes later with Ardur looking on with hungry intent. But they did not have time for seconds, in a few minutes they had all their possessions. Soon they found themselves on their way to the station. Anora had often wondered what the stations looked like. From what the caravan masters had told her they were run down buildings, where cheap people seeking unskilled transport across the land. Though she has seen their roads, she has never once seen the beasts that rolled on them much less the stations that house them. Curiosity had started to get the best of her, and she turned her attention to Ardur. Sitting beside her, with a bottle of mead in his hand, Ardur was enjoying the trip already. His eyes strained as the carriage was never offered any relief from the harsh and ever present sun.

His lips curled upward as a weak grin appeared, his eyes had caught a glimpse of Anora deep in thought. “What troubles you?” He asked.

Anora eyes's matched Ardur's for a second before they darted off towards the traffic on the nearby street. Her eyes darted from the random travelers to the shops stalls, keeping her eyes on alert for anyone paying too close attention to their movement. She looked back to Ardur. “Do you think what the caravan masters say of the railroad beasts is true?”

Ardur almost missed the question with the hushed tone that she used. “Possible.” He responded as he himself was dragged deep into thought. The only stations that he had seen were run down, rat infested dumps. He himself had rode a train or two in his time, small and unimportant lines he traveled on board these beasts. The rail line he would travel on now was going to be different, however. From what he had gathered they were to travel to Marveila, which meant they were to travel on the Grand Line. Ardur never knew which one was better. Grand Line, Star Express, Kings Travel they all boasted the best service at a reasonable price. Ardur personally tried the Star Experience on a quick trip from Belaron to Veldon, and it was by far one of the worst experiences of his life. People who seemed to be homeless crammed in to a smelly cottage was further exasperated by the lack of windows or a moving breeze to air out the carriage meant he felt the furthest from a Star than at any point in his life.

“I know this experience will be different from my own experience.” Ardur spoke as he tore the cork off the bottle and took a swig. “Plus, as we round this corner we can begin to see..” He was caught off guard as his eyes caught it's first glimpse of the station. “You should see this Anora.” He spoke as he pointed out the station with his right hand.

Anora's head twisted in a quick motion as she eyed up the station. She was expecting something grand. This was a capital city, and with a train line as royal sounding as the Star Express, and anything short of grand would be outrageous. Yet as the sparkle set in her eyes, and her mouth dropped, she realized that this station was something exquisite. Tall marble statues, one masked and one not, flanked the long stairway that ran up to the station itself. The station was a building straight out of a book. Large, stone pillars held up the roof of the building allowing an open air platform for the trains to arrive and depart in in style. Each pillar was hand sculpted to allow the curving architecture to take form. Each one was identical, each pillar.

“This seems like a bit much.” Ardur shouted out.

“A bit over the top.” Anora shouted back.

“It is exquisite if I may say.” Cyrus responded with a laugh. “I think I will enjoy traveling by train if its anything likes its housing.”

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:09 pm 

1st Year (1)

He was worried at first, that there might have been ruffled feathers from him bringing somebody along. Although, the more the merrier, most would say. He knew that he wasn’t ready to leave Falone just yet. And Zizar mentioned he would delivering his armor today. Best to check on that. He would check on Magnus and Sirenix once they were on the road. Making his way outside, and to Blake’s surprise, he had nearly made got close to the door. Nearly coming to his knees, armored to the scalp. With one mane of a beard with a mustache, that was unmistakable.

“You weren’t thinking of leaving without these. Were ya?” Zizar asked, thick brows rising up at Blake, gripping some wrapped in leather.

“That’s my armor in all that? That must have been heavy.”

“Hey! I’m no bumbling baby bumpkin! I’m kidding.” The Dvergar laughed, his own beard shaking like it was billowing in the wind. “Next time, someone offers to buy your armor, you’d best take FULL advantage! I may be a Dvergar, but I don’t need much, so it en’t spent much. Some good somethin’ for your troubles. Now ga’on wit’ yer friends there! Ga’on! Shoo!”

It was funny to say these people were friends. The fact was Blake barely knew anyone, so the trust in him was potentially sparse. He could be trusted, he knew that. But Magnus and company did not. Blake kept that in mind, among the difficulties of earning trust. Even from the kindest of people. Taking his new things and looking for the meetup spot, what he saw definitely what he had in mind.

His tracks stopped almost immediately at the sight of Verigan. He turned in rather early, so he must not have seen him then. From his very choice to perhaps the aesthetic of his carriage, it was splashed with divine paint and made for profit. Or rather, it was an extravagant get up, the man, and his carriage. Spotting Avis as well, who seems to be introducing herself as well. Two introductions were in order. To Verigan and then Avis, “I fear we weren’t properly introduced, to you and our new companion. I go by Blake. Blake Alluria. And who might you both be?” He said with a soft smile, extending his right hand to Avis, and his left hand to Verigan. Never would he have shaken hands with his oddly bandaged arm, but he didn’t want to be rude.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

Last edited by Nizrindane on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:45 pm 

Kaya glared about the clearing behind them, not bothering to mask her looking for additional members of their group, and snorted. "Ye'r no' exactly the trustin' sort, eh? I c'n imagine why. Fine, fine, I'll letcha know it all, if'n it'll help ease yer minds." With that, she unracked her spear and slammed the butt down into the turf at her hooves. Her left hand travelled up to place the index finger upon her brow, then her throat, before settling on her hip. Her back straightened, chin raised, and she switched to parade ground voice.

"Kayastrassa Elkar'rinosi of th' Clans Long Roads in Winter an' Crimson Hooves in Moon's Sleep, Master Sergeant ah Cavalry in th' mercenary company Hellcats retired wit' full honours, Knight Errant with no oath ah fealty. Thirty-two enemies slain in single combat, including five undead. Person'l oath ta uphold protection ah tha innocent wherever Ah find it threatened." After snapping that off, she re-racked her spear again and put both hands upon her hips, a frown on her face. "As fer what ah'm doin' at this exact moment? Ah've no idea. Ah usually trade my services fer room an' board, but ah'm between jobs at th' moment. Troll slayin' sound like just th' ticket ta stave off th' monotony of th' road. If'n ye want the help, that is. I c'n promise ye you won't have ta worry 'bout me sticking a knife in yer back, if that's yer worry. Faolan and Darach would have me hooves if'n ah betrayed a companion."

As she spoke, her face relaxed, ears rotating back up to stick straight up, although the left seemingly couldn't raise above a diagonal angle. Her expression remained dour, but it no longer looked liked she disapproved of her surroundings. However, she did seem to be gaining in impatience, as her front two hooves began alternating her weight. "Although if we stand here wagglin' our jaws too long, the trail'll be cold afore we get to it. Though mayhaps yon' cat might be able to track well enough?" She lifted her chin at Brom.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:20 am 

Dedicated Partner (1)

There were many, many strange people in this group, but what might have been stranger was the feeling he should follow them. It was hard to keep track of the names and faces, and even the races, of everybody here, especially with the lack of any proper introduction, but there was honestly no time. Since the small confrontation with the rubbish of the area things had been consistently moving at a blur. However, Xaviex overheard talk of something that captivated his Sidhe curiosity.

"Xaviex, do you recognize the name that was just mentioned?" Astowyn said quietly into the Sidhe's ear.

Xaviex looked toward the construct puzzled. "No, I missed it. I was distracted by this rather whimsical gentleman over here." He pointed a slender finger toward an odd looking individual with a large hat. "I'm not sure why, but I just can't stop staring."

Astowyn delivered an exaggerated sigh. "I know being what you are you have virtually no ability to pay attention, but this is important. So if you wouldn't mind…" He let the sentence fade with the obvious insinuation.

"Xaviex turned to look at Astowyn with exasperation. "That was rude…" He looked back to what he was initially looking at, but remembered he was supposed to be paying attention. "And I'm listening."

"Yes well… Good." There was a brief pause as Astowyn collected himself. "The armored teryn at the bar mentioned the name Lason Divino." He said, gesturing toward the knightly fellow he heard originally say the name. "Does it sound at all familiar?"

"I don't believe I recognize it. Should I?" Xaviex replied with a shrug.

"I suppose it wouldn't have necessarily clung to memory."

"Well, I give you permission to enlighten me."

The golem stared blankly toward his compatriot and wondered whether or not to take the verbal bait. He chose to sigh again instead. "Lason Divino is, or is perhaps connected to, a very powerful being who is part of some rambunctious cult. We've been roaming aimlessly for months now. Maybe we should look into it."

Saviex thought on that for a moment. "Very well. We've nowhere else to be."

Time passed quickly as the night turned to day. Everyone in their new group was up and out the door at early hours. Both Xaviex and Astowyn made formal greetings with those they came across as they made their way to the nearby train station for the upcoming journey. No one had issue with their presence so the duo took that as a sign that they were welcome to come along.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:11 pm 

Medals: 3
Longest RP (2) Dedicated Partner (1)

Floriad’s eyes narrowed as she regarded the Epona. Her corneas were already so big, that when she squinted, her eyes appeared almost entirely dark. She stopped leaning on Silas, and folded her arms, adjusting the straps on them. “You talk funny,” Floriad blurted out, and was shoved by Silas.

Vival slinked over to Floriad and Silas, and dipped his neck so that he was under Silas’ arm. The Dokkalfr raked a hand over the smooth scales on the cave drake’s head, and he leaned into his touch. Silas decided that it was his turn to do the talking, so he spoke up and introduced themselves again. “I’m Silas, this is Floriad. And I assume we did kill the lot of them, not without assistance.” He cocked his head towards Tarkus.“If we’d been without your, uh…” he paused, wondering exactly what Brom was. “Pet here, we would’ve been caught off guard. For that, thank you.”

“You know, I wouldn’t be so aloof about trolls. It was no picnic dealing with these things,” Floriad said, a touch of concern in her voice. “I mean, look at Silas’ mace. It’s disgusting.” She gestured towards the weapon that the Dokkalfr was dragging through the dirt in an attempt to get some of the troll chunks off of it. “But, um. What brings you here, Kaya? Can’t be tourism.”

Silas turned and regarded Floriad, and then the Epona. He had never seen one before in his short life, so he was a little bit intrigued, and the way Floriad spoke so sourly at her frustrated him. “I’m sure they all have the same questions for us.” He tried to soothe her, but while Floriad was normally bubbly, she let her paranoia get the better of her when she wasn’t in the heat of battle. “Let’s all have a little chat, shall we?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:59 pm 

Original Character (1) Longest RP (2)

Eventually Atisha and Sheo gathered their things and were ready to go. Atisha kept her distance from her mother while Sheo continued to do what she normally did (Drink) as well as taking time to sharpen her weapons. She felt it's been quite some time since she's last seen some violence, so she had her whetstone out and was honing the edge of her axe, hoping to find some trouble soon. And trouble they found when Atisha's Necromancy teacher arrived. Verigan arrive made Atisha surprised but happy, but made Sheo immediately suspicious. To prevent hostilities, Atisha quickly covered for the skeletal man. "It is true. He's with me. We've... Spent some time together last night, learning magic." Atisha of course wasn't going to specify that she had been practicing necromancy, and for some like Sheo she thought something else was afoot. Still, now wasn't the time to cause a scene. "Sheolred Urabrask Vorinclex. You can just cal me Sheo. NIce to meet y'all" The brute woman said to not just Verigan, but also all the other faces Sheo doesn't remember meeting.

Still after Atisha confirmed that Verigan was a friend, they continued on wards towards the train station. Atisha was rather intimidate by the large metal contraption, but Sheo was quite familiar with these things from past experience. At the train station everyone was getting loaded up, Sheo approached Verigan when he was alone, her axe still in hand. She seemed quite aggressive. "Look here, you bony dandy. I don't know what you're up to with Atisha, but I'm watching you. Atisha is my girl now, and if I find out you-" Sheo didn't get too long to grill Verigan when Atisha arrived, pulling Sheo away. "Sheolred! Stop bothering Verigan! He's my magic teacher, and I asked him to come along to help me improve my magic. Not only that but he's also investigating the assassins that attacked Magnus's family. So he's a friend. Why don't you help the others move the carts?"

While Sheo gave Verigan a stink eye, she did leave without another word, though still carrying that axe with the intention of using it. Atisha sighed and looked back at Verigan, bowing her head profusely. "I'm sorry about that. She's... Possessive with me. As if I'm some sort of glass doll that can't take care of herself. I promise to make sure she doesn't bother you again like that." The last thing Atisha wanted to happen to Verigan is for him to leave. He's the only one who Atisha knew could teach her Necromancy, short of running off to a necromancer cult and surviving with them. Or for them to survive for that matter, if Sheo knew where they were.

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Join me... And fulfill the oath.

And the blanks with your Username.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:31 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Magnus offered a sympathetic smile when Sirenix nearly tumbled over her words. "No, no, I understand. Things haven't exactly been great on my end, either." He didn't get into it, but he knew the feeling. His reason for being in town wasn't pleasant at all, either. Attempted murder and a burned down home were hardly a wonderful excuse for an excursion. He took his hand back and rested in on his hip, listening to Sirenix's explanation of how she knew Blake. Another new arrival, apparently. "We're all a bit new to each other, really. Well, most of us." He knew of at least a few pre-existing relations among some of the party, but besides that, they were mostly a group of folks drawn together by a common goal.

As the group packed up and got going, Magnus didn't want to be left behind, especially as his parents were already heading out. He motioned for Sirenix to come along, then left the lobby alongside Sheo and Atisha. He also took time to greet Xaviex and Astowyn - who in turn were also greeted by Verigan on their way out the door. There wasn't a lot of time to hold a conversation with any of them, so he just kept on their way to the train station, and upon arrival, noticed Anora's reaction to the architecture.

"Pretty nice, huh?" He asked with a playful nudge to the shoulder with his own. "Dvergar technology and Teryn ingenuity make a pretty good team when it comes to keeping routes open. May not be quite as scenic as a river boat, but they're quick." Not to say the train ride wouldn't have some good views. Ardon's countryside and woods were known to be quite beautiful in the place they were in, and the ocean views of their next goal were only rivaled by far-off lands to the very distant south. There were other travel services as well, of course, but they were outside the area's specialty.

Without wasting any more time, Magnus went on to procure the tickets. He stopped at one of the booths, manned by an elderly Dvergar man with a variety of papers and stamps around him. Magnus had traveled the line in the past, and was recognized by the vendor on the approach. "Oi, Alondite! Been a while since you've been around. Nice suit," The Dvergar greeted.

"Too long, Carbry. Not exactly a business trip this time, either." Magnus dug around for his money, and counted out their party's numbers before ordering the necessary amount of tickets. "To Marveila, the soonest train we can get."

After fiddling with some buttons on a stamp, the old dwarf nodded, and started to print the tickets out one by one, transferring ink onto the papers. "Lucky you, we've got one coming in within the hour. Don't suppose you'd want to reserve a whole car? Looks like you all could use it."

Magnus started to laugh, but stopped when he heard an altercation going on behind him. He turned to look, as did the ticket vendor.

-----

In response to Blake, Verigan offered a hand, meeting the Teryn's own. Compared to Blake's grip, Verigan's hand felt oddly thin beneath his glove, and very lukewarm. "Lord Verigan Kruger of Thoralt. A pleasure to make the company of a party such as yours. So many well-qualified people on such a noble quest. It's inspiring, really." As nice as the words were, Verigan's tone of voice toward the end made them a bit odd. "But let's not hang around here. I wouldn't want to keep your friends caught up here for too much longer."

He offered Avis and Sheo a handshake as well, and after formalities were taken care of, he led both carriages to the station. It was a lovely place, and while his dark outfitting made him stick out like a sore thumb among the marble and orichalcum that made up most of the station, he appreciated the attention to detail and sheer amount of work that had gone into crafting it. The statues in particular were lovely. He began to approach the ticket booth himself, intent on covering costs and renting a storage car for their carriages, but was stopped about halfway by the large woman who had been suspicious of him back at the inn. Immediately, he took half a step back and looked down at the axe in her hand.

"Now now, there's no need for that," He said a bit nervously. One hand lowered slightly to try and nudge the axe away from him, but he didn't try his luck with it too much. After Atisha stuck up for him, he straightened himself out and nodded. "I assure you. I have no ill intent with Atisha. She's a strong young lady with a lot of potential, she just needs some guidance. And I do wish to learn of what's been plaguing your other friend. The world's become a dangerous place with them around, and I don't wish to stand around and do nothing while they terrorize us all."

When Sheo was gone before he could get a response, he huffed and tossed his cane up, catching it by the halfway point of its shaft instead of the skull-like topper. "I understand. Times are hard, and the last thing anyone wants is for their family to be harmed." His voice held a layer of seriousness that was quite unlike anything he'd said prior to that, but soon as it was said, he returned to that oddly chipper tone he usually kept. "But I think I'll give her some space. Wouldn't want to set her off again, after all."

-----

Magnus sighed, relieved that it hadn't intensified past a short scuffle. The vendor passed over the tickets, and began tallying off the price. It was quite steep, and Magnus frowned a little as he began counting his coins. Before he finished, Verigan strode forward and dropped a bag of golden ducats onto the counter.

"Will that cover it?" He leaned onto the counter, his mask partially obscured by his hat's brim, though the toothy grin of the lower half was still intimidating to most normal folks.

The vendor was visibly a bit put off by it, and Magnus gave Verigan a look of confusion. But lucky them, the tickets were covered. Extra money in the pouch went on to accomplish two other things: renting out an entire car of their own, to avoid any strangers, and getting one of the storage cars right near it. With the tickets procured, the two passed them out, and soon enough the train itself had arrived.

It resembled a steam engine, but its power came from magic, crystallized mana burned to give the machine life. It moved faster than primitive mundane engines could, and gave off very little pollution, other than a white smoke from the magical flames that powered it. As the train came to a stop, people began to get on and off. It remained parked for a while, allowing the party to get their carts packed up and take their seats, and once all tickets were accounted for, it chugged along down the rails, taking them on the route to the next kingdom over.

-----

Brom made a chuffing noise not unlike a very loud, deep purr when Kaya motioned at him, taking a few steps forward and raising his head inquisitively. Tarkus remained stationary, and listened to the exchange between Kaya and the elves that accompanied them. Floriad's blunt insult and Silas's reaction was quite amusing, and while he didn't exactly laugh, he made a sound and very nearly smiled for about half a second. When he was thanked, he nodded. "Brom is stubborn, but he knows when there is danger around. He is the one to be thanked. But I appreciate it." He looked back to Kaya, and she raised a good point. Standing around doing nothing was not going to accomplish a thing. But Brom had tracked one threat, and if he could track the other, maybe they could get some progress before it was too late.

"We can talk on the trail. Come," Tarkus ordered, to any who were going to stick around with him. Without wasting another moment, he was off again, Brom bounding along to catch up to him. The cat-beast sniffed around for a moment, beginning to head north once more - toward the nearby capital city of Marveila. The countryside was pleasant, still clouded due to weather, and kept fairly cool by an oceanic breeze. But it was still not nearly cold enough for trolls.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:05 am 

Longest RP (1)

Metal tracks and stone bridges crossed the countryside outside of the grand station. Rivers were crossed by the steam-driven engine, traveling faster than any horse or carriage could ever hope to. Orichalcum metal masterfully forged into a wonder of Dvergar engineering, drawing multiple cars full of passengers and supplies alike. The car that Verigan had bought out was near the back of the train, connected to the following car loaded with the group's carriages and other supplies. The interior was well-decorated, a double row of seats carved from polished wood and cushioned for comfort during long journeys, clear glass windows open in some places, closed in others.

Near the section's front, a spiraled staircase led to an upstairs section, giving the vehicle a tall, multi-layered appearance. The group splayed out a bit, as there was plenty of room to separate into smaller gatherings. A cold chill ran through the upper floor, the winds of early winter augmented by the speed at which the vehicle moved. Cloud cover on the sky darkened compared to the previous day, and the air held a moisture that preceded coming rain.

As the train drew further away from the northeast, the ground became less parted by rivers, and the evergreen trees gave way to shorter, branched flora that were victims of the seasonal change. Leaves of red and gold became commonplace over the more occasional hint of green in the woods, and the train's route became much more direct, with less bridgetop tracks to weave over in order to pass the many rivers.

As the group entered and began to settle in their train car, Cyrus and Selen said a quick 'goodbye' to the group and made their way up the spiral staircase. While it was still early in the day, and the duo had rested plenty the night before, Cyrus was still an old man; and he much prefered the comfort of a quiet meditation in a bedroom than awkward small talk amongst the group. The pair took the first room off to the right of the staircase on the second level, and began to put their things down.

"Selen, I think it would be wise for you to spend time with our new group." Cyrus spoke a voice that hinted that another lesson was coming.

"Grandpa." Selen spoke, the tone in her voice lowered as she finished. "I don't think I will fit in quite well." Pausing as she scratched Thedas on his head. "Besides, is there not another lesson you could teach me?" The words coming out as if it were poison. She never would have thought that she would prefer a lesson over any activity, and her eyes darted down to the floor.

"I am teaching." Cyrus spoke as he lowered his body onto the bed beneath him, letting out a surprised "ohhh" in response to the feeling of his body slowly sinking into the bed beneath him. "I could get used to this." He whispered to himself as his eyes looked over the bed, full of envy. He looked back at Selen, and upon noticing the perplexed look on her face he decided to elaborate. "Back at the station, our group nearly fought one another. There is a food car right next to ours, filled with all manners of booze." Pausing as his hand reached up to his mouth as a series of coughs escaped his lips. "I dislike being old." He muttered under his breath to himself, before clearing his throat. "While I stay up here and rest some more, you must tend to anything that happens down below."

"You mean?" Selen responded with excitement in her eyes.

"Yes. You get to be the healer I trained you to be." Cyrus said as he coughed again, this time harder than before. "Your pet, however, must stay with me. I do not want you mindlessly tending to him while you are on duty!"

Selen quickly commanded Thedas down, to which the monkey quickly obeyed before she rushed to her Grandpa's side, wrapping her arms around him in a warm embrace. "Thank you Grandpa, you have trained me well."

She pulled her arms back, and quickly made her way to the door, opening it, and setting a foot outside before a thought stopped her. "Grandpa, you have been resting a lot lately and that cough is only getting worse." She spoke as she turned her head back into the room.

"Precisely why i need to stay here and prepare some medicine." Cyrus said in a chipper tone. Cyrus's head turned towards the bed and looked for the monkey who he had a sneaking suspicion had found the bed just as comfortable as he did. He noticed Thedas was already curled up in a ball on one of the pillows, fast asleep and snoring up a storm. Laughing a hardy laugh as his attention was once again fixed on his Granddaughter. "Now go!" He commanded, to which the vanishing figure of Selen and the quickly shut door was his response.

As the door shut, he quickly tore the smile from his face as he raised his hand up for closer inspection. Rust colored blood was clearly seen on his white hand. "Well this is no good, no good at all."

- - - -

Selen quickly made her way towards the staircase and was about to descend down when she noticed Anora was on her way up. Stepping aside to allow Anora up, Selen forced her eyes down to the floor. The archer still made her feel not at ease with those ever looking eyes, and Selen could find no way to hide her discomfort.

"Careful down there." Anora spoke as she neared the top. "Ardur wants to play cards, though no one can decide on a game." Pausing as she reached the top. "Where is Cyrus?"

"He is feeling the need to rest some more." Selen looked up real quick but quickly shot her glance back down. "He is old, you know? He needs as much rest as he can get." Her voice once again trailed off as she finished the sentence. "I will be the one to come to if you require healing, at least for the first part of the trip."

"I don't think I will." Anora responded. "I will be up on the third floor, cold be damned." As Anora finished she made her way towards the more traditional staircase on the far side of the floor, and quickly made her way up top.

- - - - - -

"Magnus, you must know a game or two!" Ardur spoke quickly as he began to shuffle a deck of cards he had found on a table near their seats. The material used in the crafting of these cards was quite unlike anything he had played with before. Each card had a glossy finish to it, allowing each card to slide over one another with ease and without hesitation. "What say you?" He asked Magnus.

Seated across the table from Ardur, Magnus pursed his lips as he thought of what game to play. "Honestly, I'm more familiar with boards and pieces than cards. How about..." He trailed off momentarily, then snapped his fingers as something came to mind. "Caravan? It's not the most complicated thing around. Pretty common in taverns and on the road. You familiar with it?"

"Aye." Ardur said as inspiration struck him. He reached into his bag and pulled out a small, folded object and placed it on the table. "Have you ever played Tvei?"

"Sounds familiar," Magnus responded, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders. "Remind me what it is?" Card games were hardly his forte, but it was as good a way to pass time as any.

"Oh Magnus my boy." Ardur spoke as he sunk back into his seat. "Tvei is a card game as old as history itself, and it would take me far to long to introduce the game." He placed the object back in his bag, and pointed out a small chest in the corner of the room. "I noticed when looking around there was a chess set there, you know that one right?"

Magnus nodded. "Maybe next time, then. Chess is definitely easier." He knew how to play that, at least, and preferred having physical pieces to manipulate in a game. While Ardur put his own things away, Magnus stood and approached the chest, gathering the board and its pieces. In a bit of ergonomic construction, the board doubled as a storage case, holding all the pieces within.

Back at the table, he sat down and opened the top, plucking out the ivory-carved pieces for himself. The others, carved from what was likely polished ebony, rested in the half of the case nearest Ardur. With all of them removed, he closed the box again and set up his side of the board.

Ardur quickly followed Magnus's lead and set up his own pieces. While he was not the most skilled at the actual game, he was versed enough to give any average player a run for their money. "Magnus, I do not believe I know a whole lot about you." Ardur spoke as he made the first move of the match, moving the middle most pawn up two spaces. "I reckon that is because of all the crazy that follows this group, dividing our attention away."

With an agreeing nod, Magnus answered. "It's been a pretty hectic week, hasn't it? I think I've been moving around more in the past couple days than I have in months." He followed up with a move of his own, sending a pawn towards Ardur's pieces. "But now's probably the best time for a chat we've had thus far. So, what is it you'd like to know?"

"Just the simple things. Like where you learned where to be a blacksmith, how did you ever woo an untamed beast like Sheo." He paused as his eyes darted from left to right, making sure the woman did not hear what he said before continuing. "And why you have a bunch of crazy assassins hunting you and your family down." The tone in his voice made it clear which was the real question. He moved another pawn, this one resting beside the original position of the first, up one square to offer protection for the first. "Just the simple things, you know?" He spoke once again.

Magnus let out a small laugh at the second question, a sly smile crossing his face. He very nearly began to answer, but stopped himself at the final, real question given. His smile faded quite rapidly, and after clenching his jaw for a few moments, he answered truthfully. "I don't know." That was about all there was to it, but during the trip, he'd considered possible options. None really seemed more likely than the rest, but it almost gave him an ease of mind comparing them to having utterly no reasons.

"The best reason, if you could call it that, is that my family's had a long association with the church. My mother was a cleric, her mother before her, and so on." He considered the fervent dedication of the interrogated assassin to his cause, and the religious ramblings within the journal they'd procured. "These people, whoever they are, aren't Alesian. Maybe it's some sort of religious coup in the works."

As he moved his next piece forward, he continued his talks. "I was up next in line to join the church's ranks myself, years ago. I wanted to be a paladin, you know? A knight in shining armor, wandering the world to protect the innocent. A pretty average childhood dream for a young boy in a religious family." With a quiet huff, he leaned back in his seat. "Things didn't really work out."

Ardur looked at the piece that Magnus had moved forward, trying to see his master plan before he made a move. But Ardur was a novice still at this game, so the best he could was think of the situation his pawns were facing now and try and react to the moves as they came. Ardur quickly moved his hand, hesitating for just a moment above a knight piece, before he grabbed it and placed it within striking distance of one of Magnus's pieces.

"There might be some truth behind that train of thought." Ardur said as he once again leaned back into his seat. "I've heard of Kings, Bishops, and even poor farmers ending up the victims of our masked enemies attacks." Pausing as he turned his head and watched as Selen made her way down the stairs, creating a bit of noise as she did. "But you did not join?" Ardur asked. "Being a Paladin is a noble endeavor, what caused you to back out?" Ardur assumed that he backed out at least.

"And Selen." Pausing as he waited for her to give her his attention. "Please don't walk with your heels. On dirt roads and in old taverns you can get away with that but these floors are not as kind." He let the obvious joke hang in the air for a second as he he turned his attention back to Magnus.

Magnus simply nodded. There wasn't much else to his theory than that, as he felt that the attacks were otherwise far too disjointed to put together a more cohesive one. When further questioned, he shook his head. "I didn't, no. I spent a lot of time when I was younger learning how to use Miracles, and spent time learning how to forge and fight when I was older in the hopes of becoming a paladin's squire. But those murders started to happen closer and closer to my hometown. I couldn't just leave my parents on their own while I was off working at the church's capital temple."

Becoming a squire for an ordinary knight could be enough of a challenge if one lacked the social status of nobility. While his family's connection to the church would have given him a better chance at accompanying a paladin to learn their ways, he was still from a fairly middle class temple in a town more notable for its trade than its religious power. "It would have been too long a process in too risky a time for me to take that sort of responsibility. I just used what I learned to support my parents after my mother retired instead."

Ardur was about to respond when the sound of a door opening on the near side of the train car. He quickly turned his head and took in the sight of a woman about to enter. She had on a simple outfit, simple brown trousers met with a white lace up shirt underneath a black hooded cloak. Her puffy blonde hair was well kept, and Ardur quickly stood up from his seat.

"Excuse me, this is a private car." Ardur spoke simply. "Are you lost?"

The lady was visibly taken aback. "You startled me." She responded in an accent that sounded all too familiar. "I was told the lavatory was just past the food car, I must have misheard." She spoke in a soft voice. "I will be on my way, pardon my intrusion."

Ardur quickly sat back down in his chair with a smile as wide as ever spread across his face. After a second he turned his attention towards Magnus. "You recognize that beautiful ladies accent?"

Magnus tilted his head slightly, considering the woman's tone of voice. "I'd put her somewhere around Magord, or some other place toward northeastern Ardon. She's got that tone of voice common around those parts." He leaned forward onto the table slightly, finally making his next move on the chessboard, claiming the piece that Ardur had slid within attack range of one of his own. "I wonder what someone from up there is doing headed so far south."

Ardur watched as Magnus skillfully swiped away any hope he had of using his knight in an offensive manner. "My thoughts exactly. A caravan i worked for passed near the Hilfghard mountian a few years back. Heard that accent all but once yet I still remember it as clear as day." He paused as his smile vanished as he began to contemplate his next move. He had already lost a valuable piece to his own stupidity, and he needed to focus on making sure his next move was more safe. "Another great question, Magnus. Why indeed is she all the way down south." Pausing as his hands hovered over his pieces and he began to smile once again. "Why is she this far South?"

His hand quickly grabbed the King piece and he placed it on it's side. "I concede the match to you."

Magnus raised an eyebrow at the sudden surrender. "Well, that was a pretty quick win," He joked, plucking the black king off the table to playfully roll over his fingers in a slightly show-offy display. "I suppose you intend to find that out now? If so, we'll have to play again later. Once there are less interruptions to deal with." After he was done toying around with the king, he cleared off the top of the board to put all the pieces back in their resting places.

"I won't say what I may or may not do. Rather I am thirsty for a drink, and if I recall there is a well stocked bar next door. If i just so happen to run into her I might check and see if our Magord 'friend' is of any interest." He smiled a heavy smile as he jumped up, and quickly made his way out of their train car.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:28 am 

eyy, senpai!

Xaviex pushed his way deeper into the train just to see what he could see. Ulrik was placed in a makeshift stable aboard one of the freight cars, most likely fast asleep as the giant lizard was prone to do, and Astowyn was meditating while there was a calm moment to do so. This left the mage to his own devices. So, without much effort to resist, his curious nature drove him to leave the room.

He found himself in a lounge car, conveniently not too far from the food and alcohol, with still few occupants. Magnus, or so Xaviex was under the impression of at least, was putting a game board of some kind away. "Master Magnus, would you honor me with your company?"

Magnus looked up from the board he was stowing away, brushing aside some of his hair away with a finger upon standing back up, the chest that held the variety of games shut and stowed away again. "Oh, certainly. We didn't get a chance to really make a proper introduction at the station. You met with some of the others before, if I'm not mistaken?" He recalled Verigan greeting them before paying for the tickets to the train, and at least knew that the tall man in the odd mask was an accomplice of sorts to Atisha. He trusted her to pick good company, and by extension, he figured that anyone Verigan brought along couldn't be too bad.

He offered Xaviex a hand, his free one coming to rest on his hip. "So, you know, welcome! I think Atisha and Larteis are somewhere around here. Her friend with the cane probably isn't too far off." He hadn't bumped into too many others yet, so a little extra company would be nice to have for the ride.

With an easy smile parting his lips, Xaviex grasped his new comrade's hand with gentle firmness. "Indeed I have met some of the others. I assisted young Larties with some disreputable sorts in the city." He brandished a simple glass bottle of a sweet raspberry juice he "borrowed" from the food car. "Might I interest you in a drink? Some say this has too much of a tart taste, but with some experimenting, I feel I've brought out the underlying sweetness in the raspberries."

Returning the smile, Magnus shook Xaviex's hand and nodded. "Ah, that's very nice of you. It's good to know he's got folks looking out for him. Sure, there's a dragon, but I don't think he'd fit in some places." He lowered his hand again, and upon seeing the bottle, showed a good deal of interest. "Oh, that sounds lovely. I'd love one, thank you." Berries were wonderful, and he had no problems with more tart flavors.

Xaviex produced two small glasses and poured for them both. He slid one cup to Magnus and raised his glass for the customary clinking of the glasses tradition that Xaviex had grown so fond of. "So, tell me friend, what brings you on this journey? As it is, we seem to have some mutual interests." He sat down in a comfortable cushioned chair awaiting Magnus's story.

With a full glass, Magnus raised his cup to Xaviex's, allowing the glasses to make that satisfying noise. He felt a good bit of amusement at toasting over nothing with just fruit juice, but it was still a fun little gesture to make. The other's question about his journey dampened the immediate mirth to a degree, but he did try to stay in higher spirits. "Ah, where to begin...To summarize as much as I can, my family's been attacked. Some people with some very strange beliefs tried to kill me, and then burned down my home. We've tracked down a location of apparent importance to them, and now, we're headed right towards it."

He paused, sat down, and took a drink before continuing. "I suppose I'm hoping to find out who they really are, and why they're doing this. And if I can, I'm going to put a stop to it. A bit of a far-fetched goal, but who knows. Anything is possible."

The juice swirled as Xaviex spun the glass. It was certainly dire, perhaps more so than he had thought. With a sad smile, he spoke with assurance. "I am truly sorry for your losses. This appears to be just one of things we have in common." The wooden chair Xaviex sat upon creaked as he adjusted and brought the glass to his lips. "Ahhh, I believe I've outdone myself." A wistful look crossed his Alftarian features as he chuckled to a joke no one knew the answer to. "I awoke with no memory of my past. The only thing that I do know from that day is that an unnatural amount of magic was expelled nearly minutes before I woke there. I woke to feel the leftover energy coursing all throughout the area. The glass golem I travel with is actually an old friend who's soul is bound to the vessel. We both think that our circumstances lead to the same person." He paused, purposefully making eye contact with Magnus. "And now, I believe that our circumstances might tie with yours. I've no evidence yet, but I think soon I shall."

Magnus listened intently, taking the occasional sip as Xaviex explained his reasons for being there. Apparently, there were things that they were both after, perhaps coming from the same source. After another drink, he set his glass down and linked his fingers together, brows furrowed as he was told of the circumstances behind Xaviex's own hunt. "Huh, can't really imagine what exactly happened. Magic isn't exactly by strong suit." He shrugged a little, considering what it could have been. Some sort of new spell development backfiring? There was no way for him to be sure. "What do you think ties us together, then? You think the people that attacked me did that to you, or?"

"Well, Astowyn is originally of the Alftar, and one of significance. At least, he was before." He cleared his throat. "He found himself at odds with a sorcerer named Sessiden the Red Dread. They met in battle and Sessiden struck a mortal wound. I assisted in the alchemical infusion that bound Astowyn's soul to the glass golem." Xaviex leaned forward, putting his elbows on the table between he and Magnus. "The point however, is the magical signature left behind. All magic has a small after effect that lingers and it's unique for each mage, Whether on a person or on the environment a mage casts in, it is always there. Some casters are capable of hiding it, but others have a signature too powerful to mitigate. The blow that struck Astowyn held the same signature that this does." He traced the tattoo that lined his face. "That signature is the same as the one that lingers ever-so slightly in your aura."

"My aura?" Magnus asked, sounding rather blatantly confused. He knew that one could detect the essence of another with the right sort of ethereal power, but his was one that would be very much without magic of its own. "Well, I would never have noticed it myself. Tell me, what precisely does this signature tell you, other than that whatever might have left it behind might be related to whoever did that to you?" He had been attacked by magic in the initial assassination attempt, but by no sorcerer who went by the name that Xaviex was telling him of. "One of the men that attacked me was an Alftar by the name of Soren Vasaar. He did use a spell or two, but none of them really left a mark...Unless you're seeing the signature somewhere around here?" He waved his hand over his midsection, in the area where one of the assassin's knives had struck him before. Perhaps the knife was enchanted and carried the signature of Sessiden? If so, there was a more definitive link to be uncovered.

Xaviex considered this for a long moment. There were many implications here, and it was a priority to be certain of what he was saying. He studied Magnus closely, his eyes flickering back to their charcoal color as he concentrated. "It could be possible that both Sessiden and Soren are drawing from the same arcane well, so to speak. That could, potentially, create a similar signature, especially if they drew their magic from a dark source of power. As for the effect that lingers in your aura; it looks like they emanate from these areas." His hand tracing over three different places. "But it looks most severe on your abdomen."

"Then it probably has to do with an injury I got. Soren threw some sort of dagger at me after things started to go bad. I couldn't tell if it was enchanted or not, but it sure didn't feel good either way." Magnus frowned a little remembering the sensations of being stabbed by a serrated throwing knife and having it torn away. Potions and magics helped his wound seal itself before it became severe, but just remembering it made him cringe visibly. "I don't suppose this kind of signature can be tracked? And if so, is there any way to remove it?"

Taking a moment to ponder, Xaviex sipped his beverage. "It is possible to erase the effects from your aura, but not without some effort." He placed his glass softly on the table and began to tap his finger in concentration. "We would need some specific ingredients for a purification ritual. We would need to find the origins of the magic as well. Both would be easy enough to acquire, just time consuming. As for tracking the caster; you would need a mage powerful with divining. That, unfortunately, is not I."

"I see. That's too bad," Magnus responded, finishing off his own drink. "It'll be something to do, for sure, but not until after we've gotten to the bottom of all of this." He wondered what the signature could be doing, if anything, and felt somewhat uneasy considering the possibility of it acting as a sort of location tracker. Could they, whoever they really were, see him coming even at that moment? Was he heading head first into another set trap? He could not know. But if he was, then he was at least confident in his companions. They'd all been through a number of threats together, and if his suspicions were right, this was just one more thing for them all to get through together.

"I apologize for bringing up such sore subjects." He replied with sincerity. "It certainly wasn't my intention to dampen your mood." Eyeing the assortment of games, he said. "Would you enjoy a game? You may choose. I know many and more through my travels."

Magnus raised a hand, casually waving off the concerns. "Oh, don't worry over it. It's hardly the worst thing I've been through these days." He offered a reassuring smile, then nodded at the request for a game. Another go at chess could prove to be a good way to pass some more time on the ride.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 am 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)

Over all, Bellant approved of the private car- it was the most comfortable place he’d been in weeks, he didn’t have to sleep in a stable car with horses that were dumber than rocks, and he felt their odds of being jumped by random drunks was much lower. Still, though, if it had been a bit wider in some of the passages, he would have liked it a bit more. But he could get around well enough, and he and Larteis selected one of the rooms on the bottom floor and began unpacking yet again.

“I think I’m growing tired of all this packing and unpacking,” Bellant said, watching Larteis as he removed a few things from their bags. “How long will we be on this train?”

“I don’t know,” Larteis said, unbuckling a strap. “And you’re not doing any unpacking.”

The drake sniffed, turning his head away. “I don’t have much in the way of hands. And I have to carry.”

Larteis didn’t answer, and instead flopped down on the bed, back resting on the mattress but legs hanging off the edge. He closed his hands above his chest so a pocket of air was closed in them, concentrating on something inside them. After a moment, he opened them, and a small green sprout was twined around his fingers.

“Not bad,” Bellant said, watching him again. “What are you going to do with that?”

“Just trying not to fall out of practice. I don’t have much training, but…” He shrugged. “I need to keep what I have.”

“So ask one of the members of this circus for help,” Bellant said. “If we’ve decided to spend endless weeks on the road with them, might as well get something to of them.”

He could feel Larteis’ frown, even if he couldn’t see it from where he was sitting. “Maybe. I don’t know.” He sat up and brushed his hair out of his face where he was sitting with his claws. “I should probably at least head out there.” He wasn’t quite sure why he forced himself into situations that only made him anxious. Probably a residual urge from his mother’s reproachful stare at parties.

“Suit yourself,” Bellant said, curling up on the floor again. “I’m going back to sleep.” He yawned, displaying an expressive set of teeth.

Larteis stepped over him and walked out of the room, ending up in the main sitting area where Magnus and Xaviex were absorbed in a chess match. “Oh!” He said before he could stop himself. “Forgive me, I hadn’t realized you had come along with us. Thank you again for saving me, ah,” he faltered not at the name, but at a proper form of address. “Sir Xaviex,” he tried. His gaze flicked to the chess board. The game had just started, so it was impossible to see who was winning. “May I watch?” He asked.

-

After Avis had dropped her bags in her room on the second floor, she headed out of her room with her usual energy. She’d ridden trains before, but usually not in a private car, and never in one this nice. She wasn’t quite sure who had paid for all this, but whoever they were, they could stick around. After a moment of indecision in the hallway, she climbed the stairs up to the top floor of the train. Immediately gravitating towards the windows, she watched the countryside speed by with fascination.

Soon, though, she heard the sound of footsteps, and turned her head away from the window to see Anora climbing the steps. Avis couldn’t remove her initial dislike of the woman from her mind, but the memory of her serious injury on the group’s behalf was there now, too. So she smiled, and said. “Hey. Great view, isn’t it?” She was sure enough that Anora had received plenty of prodding and questions about her injury from her friends and doctor, so she didn’t pry. And if she could climb two flights of stairs, she couldn’t be doing too badly.

-

It took Vasma a bit of time to dissect the Kaya’s title into something useful, but she nodded. “A pleasure to meet you. Do you have a shorter form of address?” She didn’t object to Kaya’s presence on the trip, though, if she was as capable as she claimed at least in combat. And she had a point- they needed to get moving. After a few more back and forths, Tarkus led the crusade forward.

Vasma began to follow, privately hoping that the new members of their group wouldn’t keep up quite as quick a pace as Tarkus’ legs allowed- it got irritating having to almost run just to keep up with another’s walk. “Good to meet you all,” she said. “What brought us together today?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:10 pm 

The epona brushed back a stray strand of jet black hair and snorted in irritation as she stared at the 'welcoming' walls of Marveila. She did not see the appeal, especially her long ears were already picking up what seemed to be a raucous din of horrible noise. After tightening the last strap of her kit down obsessively securely, she glanced up at the rest of the group. She had admired the Jotun and the Meerah's ability to work together over the past few days. She had also grown quite fond of Brom, despite a twitching instinct whenever he looked at her in the right light. Even the Sidhe had been a welcome companion, once she got over her initial fury of being pranked.

The nest had been a disappointment to her. Since it had been underground, she had been forced to patrol the outskirts and watch for escapees. There had been none, evidence that the rest were quite efficient when they chose to be. Then it had been making sure the flames from the purging of the den did not start a wildfire. She knew that was an honourable thing to do, but she chafed at having missed the combat action and was irritable for quite some time, something that probably did not endear her too much to her companions. She had also argued vehemently against coming to this place, but had been ashamed to admit she had no reason other than an unremitting hatred of the area, having been a slave here in the past. Though she had never seen the city itself before, the bandits she had served liked hitting merchants coming out of Marveila, for reasons she had never cared about nor been able to listen long enough to find. As it was, she had only known that there was a city full of free folk not ten miles from her while she was chained, beaten, and forced into hauling her captors and their ill-gotten gains around like a common horse.

Kaya spat as she fought down the bile that memory brought and looked over at Tarkus. "are ye absolutely sure tha' Ah have ta go in wit' ye? Ah could just as easily stay out here until ye find whatever it is ye need. Ah swear Ah don't need any more civilising than what Ah've already had." Her face grew red. She knew, actually quite well, that knight though she was, she was a simple country bumpkin to her companions. Sure, she could read and write after a fashion, but they had found after a day with her that when she wasn't on guard against enemies she was a shy little girl with too much combat experience and not enough of the same in society. To be honest, most of it was her thoughts on thieves and slavers, but they had yet to convince her that whatever was in her past, no one was about to try anything on her or Tarkus due to sheer intimidating presence.

"Asides, it stinks and it's noisy. What the hell is that horrible screechin' and whistlin' about?" Her ears swivelled forward at the sound, faint though it was to any without her hearing. She frowned in the mid-morning sunlight, stamping one hoof nervously. "Is the place full o' demons or somethin'?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:33 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1)

A limber finger traced the small protrusion atop his tiny queen. The same finger nudged it three spaces diagonally to the left. Xaviex squinted at the small piece of intricately carved wood, then, with an arched eyebrow, he peered at Magnus through cautious lids. He then moved the queen back to where it previously was. For another moment he lightly fondled the miniature interpretation of royalty, but swiftly stood up and stepped to the side of the table. He crouched there and gazed from table level across the chessboard calculating his next move.

With an exaggerated sigh, he sighed, stood back up, walked around Magnus, and crouched on the opposite side of the table to attempt to recalculate his next move. The sight of another person coming into view was a momentary distraction and Xaviex realized he had been spoken to. "Oh, oh, of course! I'm glad I was able to assist you." His words were as friendly as ever. Before speaking again, he stood and crossed back to the other side of the table. His finger danced atop his leftmost pawn. He moved back and forth three times. "Of course you may watch! This promises to be a battle of great minds." While keeping eye contact with Larteis, Xaviex moved the third pawn from the right and took one of Magnus's pawns. "Blessed be those who fall in battle."

Fire and vile black energy rose veratiously over the once holy land. Rivers that once ran with clear blue waters seemed to ooze forward with congealing blood. Leather winged demons were flying through the air, screaming their morbid melodies into the atmosphere. Flashes of lightening cracked across a crimson sky and there was no trace of good at all left in this barren world. Suddenly there was a figure standing beside a river of blood and flame. "Find him..." it said. Its voice was an ominous tenor. "Find him..."

Kale shot up. The blankets that kept him warm pooled around his waist as he wiped the cold sweat from his forehead. Breath came easier after what felt like an eternity of hell. Getting out of bed, he reached over and grabbed his hammer pendant from off his nightstand. There was something that he needed to do now...

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:38 pm 

eyy, senpai!

The tabletop war between Xaviex and Magnus raged on, at least until the relative newcomer seemed to find himself at an impasse. Magnus waited patiently, crossing his forearms as he leaned forward onto the table, watching with interest as his opponent's queen made multiple back-and-forths across the board. When Xaviex got up and started to peer at the board from a lower vantage point, Magnus furrowed his brow, somewhat confused by the method. Well, everyone had their own tricks, he supposed. When he turned to the other side, Magnus couldn't help but feel amused, and dropped a comment. "You're really getting into the strategics, huh?" He raised one of his hands off of an elbow and rested his cheek against an open palm, waiting patiently for his turn.

Larteis came along, and took Magnus's attention from Xaviex's strange antics. Amusing as they were, it was nice to see someone familiar take interest in conversing as well. After Xaviex gave his own answer, Magnus reinforced it with a smile and nod. "If you'd like, you could join us as well. Take on the winner, maybe?" He turned back to the board just in time to see Xaviex finally take one of his pieces. A smile crept its way across his face. "Oh, caught me off guard. I see how we're doing this." He linked his fingers and cracked his knuckles, then focused on his wooden army, fingers hovering above the pieces on his side.

While considering his options, Magnus lightly chewed on his bottom lip. "Hmm..." This was quite the predicament he was in. Xaviex, while quite uncouth in how he looked over the board, certainly proved unpredictable so far. Finally deciding on a move, Magnus sent out one of his knights, leading the mighty steed into a defensive position opposite of the fallen pawn. "And praise to those who live to fight again. Your turn," He spoke with a nod, leaning back into his chair.

While waiting for his turn to come again, he began to notice a strange pulsing coming from one of the pouches on his belt. Concerned, he reached into it, and pulled the amulet from its resting place alongside the journal and ring. The crest-bearing necklace, hanging from its string, vibrated every few seconds. Accompanying the movement was a glow of the gems on the face, becoming more and more intense with every passing pulse. Magnus frowned, looking towards Larteis, and began to speak. But before he could get out a single word, a high-pitched ringing came from the amulet, the gems now maintaining a constant glow.

It began to tug itself toward the window, and while the sound brought him discomfort, Magnus looked in the direction that it was attempting to drift toward. A low rumbling noise came from the distance, the sounds of stone shifting and the ground cracking. Moments later, the floor began to violently shake, spilling the bottle on the table over and knocking aside most of the chess pieces. Magnus let go of the amulet and grabbed the table to try and steady it and himself, and a loud screech of the train's brakes activating could be heard, the vehicle slowly coming to a stop as the earthquake continued.

"What was that?!" Magnus half-shouted, to nobody in particular. He stood and looked for the amulet, and found it pressed against the window across the car from where he had been seated. The floating jewelry seemed dead set on getting somewhere, with or without a wearer. As he took the amulet by the string and began to pull it back, he noticed something in the distance.

A swirling vortex appeared in the clouds blanketing the sky, twisting open a hole that revealed the clear blue above them. From it, sunlight broke through, but it soon grew more intense than the sun itself could have produced. What was a glance of blue became blindingly bright for a moment, pillars of white light raining down from the heavens onto the ground below. Around the vortex, multiple halos began to manifest, bright rings of light that circled the pillar and shone with the subtle flicker of colour. They split into multiple smaller rings each, which moved up and down between the larger ones to rib the pillar.

Between the halos, runes of light formed, orbiting the pillar and moving haphazardly around it. Magnus felt an immense pulse of spiritual power, as would anyone else with any form of miracle-casting ability. He partially recognized what was happening. A summoning, meant to draw forth some being from the Otherworld, was occurring on a grander scale than anything he'd ever witnessed or even thought possible. He heard a snapping sound somewhere below his cloak, and while still staring at the pillar of light, he felt around under it until he had the source in his hand.

Laying in his palm, his wooden talisman rested. It split down the center, falling into two pieces and splintering further from there. He looked down at it, mouth agape. Deep within himself, a sense of overwhelming dread began to spread across him, and he watched as the talisman continued to disintegrate itself into nothing more than a pile of wood dust, the small holy power it once held entirely overwhelmed and destroyed by whatever was happening outside.

Balling his hand around it, he let his arm drop and just stared at the light, equal parts mystified and terrified. Even as the train started up again, and the vehicle inched ever closer to the light, he could not even begin to imagine what the end result of such an immense miracle could have been.

-----

On the approach to Marveila, Tarkus acted very much like his usual self, silent unless spoken to and even then talking in small, short replies. It wasn't that he was in a bad mood, or at least not one worse than his usual. He was just very focused, and once the city had come into sight, he was on a one-track train of thought. Getting there, getting in, and finding out what he'd been looking for all this time was a priority above all else. Outside the walls, the group had stopped again, and as Kaya attempted to do some convincing so she wouldn't have to go in, the Jotun listened. He knew not why she was so vehemently against entering the city, but to be frank, he also didn't care. If waiting was what she preferred, then so be it, though he did have some words to offer.

"No," He first answered in regards to whether she had to enter. There was nothing necessitating it. If she wanted to wait outside, then so be it. "But I do not see why you would stay out here. You would rather rest out here, by the stables, than go inside?" Tarkus waved an arm towards said stables - filled not only with horses, but with very large, bipedal birds. Cockatrices, if he remembered right. "If a raid happens, where would you defend? Outside the wall?" It was a highly unlikely event, but growing up in a place where raids and combat were a fact of everyday life had instilled a deep appreciation for walls in him. They were strong and tall, and thus, worthy of respect.

Tarkus could have continued on about the potential danger of staying outside, and perhaps started to sound strangely close to a concerned parent, but he was stopped by the sudden panic among the stable animals. Looking toward them, he frowned deeply, then quickly looked for Brom. The giant cat-beast was laying flat on the ground, repeatedly making a noise that was like a deep snarl. Immediately, he knew something was wrong, and a few moments later the ground began to violently shake.

Tarkus stumbled, nearly falling over entirely. He managed to catch himself in a kneel, from which he drew his sword and plunged it deep into the soil, then used it to climb back to his feet. Supporting himself on it by gripping the handle tightly, he intended to wait out the shaking, until a brilliant display of light erupted from the sky behind where he stood. By the time the shaking stopped and he managed to turn around, the pillar had formed fully, a beacon in the sky that could be seen for miles around.

Whatever the thing was, he had no idea. But he did not doubt it was related to his search for even a moment. "We may not have to enter," He said to Kaya, pulling his sword from the ground and balancing the flat of it against a shoulder. Soon, the aforementioned screeching and whistling grew louder, as a train approaching the city became visible on the horizon.

-----

Within the city's weapon shop, Tamani continued to chat up the other ladies getting their gear worked on, still interested in trying to join the duo. It had been too long since she'd been out and about, and a journey with pleasant company and the promise of expensive reward was as tempting as it could get for her. The pair seemed like good people, and she immediately found them pleasant. If they'd have her, then she'd be more than happy to go along. However, something else decided to interrupt the conversation, beginning with a slow rattling of metal as racked weaponry began to shake. The ground rocked violently, sending furniture lurching over and weapons spilling off the walls.

"****! Get to cover!" Tamani shouted, bounding under a nearby table. Her small form curled into a ball as she rolled under it, and she grabbed the legs on a shorter side of it to keep it from falling over and remain safe beneath it. An axe on the wall above the table happened to fall loose and embed itself in the top, the loud thud making her curse again. Whatever the hell was causing this, she hoped it ended soon, as she began to doubt how many axes the dry old table wood could take before splitting. Eventually, merciful stillness returned to the shop, and Tamani slowly emerged from under the makeshift barrier.

The shop was turned into a mess, almost like a hurricane had washed through it. Materials and wares spilled all over, but luckily, nobody seemed hurt. She put her hands on her hips and huffed, walking toward the counter. A balled fist was knocked against it, and she spoke up again. "Oi, get those bullets ready. Don't know what the hell just happened, but it sure isn't good." While the smith got to work gathering up spilled cartridges, Tamani looked to Heran and Betrah again, immediately picking up where she left off. "So, about that offer..."

View Likes PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:09 am 

Longest RP (1)

Anora quickly made her way up the flight of stairs and was quickly greeted by the cheerful question of the young woman Avis, much to the surprise of Anora.

Hey. Great view, isn’t it?” She asked.

Anora paused for a second, one foot still on a lower step, before she continued. Anora flashed a quick, fake smile in the general direction of Avis. She remained as silent as the grave as she moved methodically from the central location of the stairs towards the edge of the room, stopping as her hand slowly began to slide upwards before resting on the inside panel of the glass. A real smile quickly flashed from her face as she took in the sights flashing by before her eyes. The train was indeed a fast method of travel. She watched as countless trees passed by the carriage in blinding fashion.

"Strangely so." She slowly whispered back, never taking her eyes off the forest before her as she spoke. Anora was already homesick, even though she was just a few days removed from the forest. She was beginning to miss the sound of the animals making music in the nights skies, and the sound of a gentle breeze whistling through the branches of the trees above her head. She even missed the uncertainty that each day brought her, the constant threat of danger and the never ending fear of death around every tree.

"Silly." She spoke softly to herself at the thought. Here she was, standing on top of the pinnacle piece of technology that was slowly driving her work away and her chances of future employment down the drain, and all she could think of was the danger out on the road. These trains were slowly replacing the traditional caravans, or so the masters would say. Why risk life and limb on the open road when these strange mechanical beasts could deliver the cargo quicker and in a more safe fashion. Bandits couldn't keep up with the speed of these trains and the risk associated with it meant that fewer guards would be needed.

Anora turned her attention away from those thoughts and towards Avis, though stopping short of giving her full undivided attention. "What brings you up here?" She asked simply. She was going to wait for a response when she suddenly heard an eerie sound, as if the mountains themselves groaned in pain in the distance.

"What is that-" Anora started to ask in a quick, loud voice, yet the shaking of the cabin stole the words from her mouth. Her hands quickly shot to the guard rail beneath the window but the sudden shaking brought about by the application of the brakes quickly rendered that action moot. Her feet were stolen from underneath her, and she violently let out a shriek as she landed on her injured side. She rolled down the carriage as it quickly began to decelerate before finally slamming into the far side of the room, the impact causing the class above her to form fractures in the shape of a spiders web.

"Son of a Rthalli." She cursed under her breath as the train skidded to a stop. "What the fu-" She began but the sudden appearance of a bright light source ahead of the train stole her train of thought. She quickly grabbed hold of the railing and, with a quick grunt of pain, pulled herself up as the pain of the ordeal began to spread throughout her side. Her head slowly turned towards the front direction of the train and her eyes grew wide with true fear. A unnatural bright light was falling from the heavens, bringing with it shapes that resembled halos and runes.

Fear stayed in her eyes as she turned her head towards Avis and asked "Are you alright?" Panting as she finished, with her hand on her injured side.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:22 pm 

Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

Scamandius Pevrel, an Alftar living in Marveila was on the city train going home when he walked into the wrong car and spotted a peculiar group of people playing a game of chess. He could tell what was going on and who was winning. I probably shouldn't be in here, he thought to himself, I should apologize for barging in and leave. Before Scamandius could leave, the person having issues reached into his pocket and pulled out an amulet. Scamandius had no idea what was happening. The amulet started making a horrendous noise and glowing, unlike anything Scamandius had heard or seen before. Out of nowhere, a low groan is heard, almost like rock had come to life and was stirring. The amulet started pulling the person somewhere, he had no idea where. The man looked up and saw something so Scamandius decided to take a peek. What he saw left him speechless, there was no way to describe it. He felt a chill run down his spine as he witnessed a bright light fall from the skies. Then everything went black as Scamandius crashed unconsciously into the floor of the train.

PostThis post was deleted by Shaitanist on Sat May 21, 2016 9:34 pm.
Reason: i did it wrong
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next