All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heritage [IC]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:13 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Blake nodded his head in agreement to the merperson in heading to the inn, but as far as he knew her brother… Something could have happened to him or the worse… And no soul would willingly assume the worse.

Of course, with Avis’ entrance, she obviously must have been ticked to have to return the inn with much time to see the town. Admittedly, he felt inconvenienced by the sudden turn of events. Nonetheless, he couldn’t take that out on Avis nor his merman friend. Scanning through the area and quickly noticing his cohorts, he felt kind of funny waving to them. Not he minded. He worked his way through crowded tables and folks going all ways while motioning Sirenix to follow suit. Arriving at the bar, he pulled away a chair, leaving it for Sirenix to sit down. “Sounds like he had fun making it. What else happened today?”

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:20 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Sirenix would have been perfectly happy just booking a room and heading up to it. Then Blake motioned for her to follow him through the crowd and towards the bar. That was the last place she wanted to be if she was being completely honest with herself. Didn't stop her from weaving her way through the crowd, following after Blake. It would have seemed rude not to follow him. Especially after she cut his and his companion's outing so short.

Sitting down in the chair that Blake had pulled out for her, she instantly tried to make herself as small as possible. That didn't stop her from listening in on the conversation that was going on between Blake and his companions. It wasn't so much on purpose though as it was just accident from being so near them. Listening in on conversations wasn't a habit of hers and she wasn't about to make it one now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 pm 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

"New armor, eh?" Avis took a closer look and whistled appreciatively. "This is amazing!" She almost ran her hands across the surface, then pulled her arms back in the middle of raising them and crossed them casually instead. That would have been awkward. "Having armor like this for everyone would've incredible. Tad expensive, though."

The subject then turned to the bar fight. At Sheo and Magnus' choice of description, Avis snorted, a wide grin spreading across her face. However, when they went on to explain more of what had happened, her smile faded. "Ugh, really? That's bizarre." She almost took a sip of the drink Sheo had poured for her, then refrained. She remembered last time she'd started drinking with this group, and she wasn't eager to repeat it.

However, she considered the story more closely. "Do you think though... He's telling the truth? I mean, we really don't know anything about Anora." Avis spoke in a quiet voice, not sure who was listening in. Of course, they didn't really knew anything about anyone in their group. It was mere circumstance that brought them together, really. Any one of them could be lying about who they were, and no one would know. It was an unsettling thought.

As she mulled over this, Larteis and Bellant entered the bar along with the others in their odd little group. Somehow, this bar was less intimidating to Larteis now that he had stood outside the other one and nearly gotten knocked out. He still felt uneasy, but the whole place seemed rather calmer and safer. If he got punched, he felt like probably someone would come to his aid. He trailed alongside the others, not really sure of what to do- he wasn't hungry, and he didn't drink. He ended up awkwardly sitting with the others, listening to the conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 pm 

Longest RP (1)

“Who the **** was that?” Anora blurted.

“The guy who cut me earlier.” Ardur quickly responded. 

“How did he, how did he find us so fast?” Her hand shot to her side as she let out a small squeal of pain.

“I don't know.” Ardur responded. “But if he carries through on his threats we need to be prepared.”

“Indeed.” Anora responded quickly before she let out a louder squeal as she clenched her teeth and her eyes closed.

“You should get some rest.” Ardur said as he leaned back on the bar. He passed over his mug of alcohol. Anora started to push away the drink but Ardur pressed. “No, drink some of this. It'll help numb the pain.” He said as he thrust the drink closer to her face.

Anora's eyes grew wide as they tried to focus in on the mug in front of her. Taking a second to focus, she reached out and grabbed the mug. She held it in front of her lips, a mere inches from touching, as her eyes remained fixated on the drink inside. A clear liquid was all she could tell. Her eyes darted back to Ardur as if looking for a way out. Ardur simply responded with his hand motioning for her to drink. She took a quick sip, and the bruning sensation going down her throat nearly caused her to gag.

“What..” Pausing as she coughed. “What is this drink?” She asked as a look of disgust fell over her face. Her hand raised the mug up to her eye level. She scanned the mug but found no indication of what the drink was.

“I don't know, it's not my drink.” Ardur said as his lips formed a playful grin. 

Anora's head tilted to the side as the look of disgust faded from her face, forming a puzzled look instead. Ardur let out a small laugh as his hand pointed to the man beside him. Anora moved to the side to get a look and the puzzled look on her face was replaced with one of astonishment. A man who's easy life was evident by the thick layers of fat surrounding his stomach, chest, face and every last part of his body. His face was planted firmly in the bar counter in front of him, vomit on both his shirt and the bar top was everywhere.

“Must be strong stuff.” Arudr joked. “He only had two mugs before he passed out.” Ardur finished as he reached behind him and grabbed his mug, which was substantially larger than the one he gave Anora. “This is my drink.” He said as a weak smile filled his face. His eyes fixated on the mug for a brief second before they rolled back revealing just the whites of the eyes. A fast second later and the mug was to his mouth, the bottom facing the ceiling, and grog spilling both down his throat and across his face. 

“Seems you need this hard stuff.” Anora said as her hand gripped the mug, and after a hesitation, took another drink. Her eyes shut in an instance as she let out a gasp. “How can you deal with this so called drink?” She said as her eyes opened slightly. Her hand shot to her throat and began to rub it. “I don't even feel it working.”

“Oh, you poor lass.” Ardur joked as he slammed his mug down on the counter.

“Another?” The bartender asked.

“Another indeed.” Ardur responded as he tilted his head. “And one for my friend.” He said as his finger pointed towards Anora. The bartender nodded and went back to work.

“You will feel the effects soon enough.” Arudr said as he turned his body to face hers. His hand reached out and grabbed the mug from her hand, placing it on the bar besides him. “But back to the subject, what do we do about your” Pausing as his hands made air quotes “Long lost brother?”

Anora's face quickly turned to anger. “He is no brother of mine.” 

“But the fact remains that he claims it, and is a hell of a good fighter to boost.” Ardur retorted. “Do you recall a brother, or for arguments sake anyone who was around your family that would claim to be one?” Ardur asked as the bartender handed a large mug to both Ardur and Anora.

“No.” Anora blurted as she took a large drink from the mug.

“Think harder Anora.” Ardur pressed. 

“No I don't have, I don't think I have a brother.” She said as she began to feel lightheaded. “I feel weird.”

“Now you feel it.” Ardur chuckled.

“I don't remember a brother, sister..” Pausing as she thought hard, her eyes falling to the bottom corners of her vision. “I remember my sister name was Firosa.” She said as she took another drink. “I don't remember much about her, but I remember she was always playing with some boy.” She said as she took another drink.

“Slow down girl.” Ardur said. “You will be no better than that drunk in an hour at this rate.” Finishing as he pointed back at the drunk man. “But this boy, remember him.” Ardur probed. “What was he like, a commoner or did he walk with a sense of grace?”

“No, no he was not of common birth.” Anora said as images of his appearance flashed into her memory. She remembers him in many of her early memories, be it on a walk with her mother or simply playing in the courtyard of her manor.

“I remember this boy everywhere.” Anora spoke. She was about to take another sip, but the look on Arudr's face told her not to. 

“Like, where exactly.” Arudr spoke as he again raised the mug to his mouth, bottom to the ceiling, and poured more alcohol down his throat and across his face.

“The marketplace for starters.” Anora said as she placed his mug down on the bartop. “Every time mother would go to the marketplace he was there with two toy swords.” She said as a smile fell over her face. “Mother loved the marketplace. Her home away from home.” She said as an even larger smile fell over her face. “She would go down there every week and I would always go there with her. 
“ She said as she took another sip. “One time they were out of cabbage, oh her favourite vegetable was cabbage. When they said they were out, she got furious!” Anora said as a loud laugh escaped from her lips. After a second, she stopped the laugh and adopted a serious face once more.'

“What is wrong with me right now?” Anora asked.

“Alcohol makes us all honest, my friend.” Ardur chuckled.

“I don't like it.” She said as she placed the mug back down on the table.

“Don't feel your side as much, no?” Ardur asked.

“Not as much, no.” Anora shyly spoke.

Ardur laughed as he looked back towards the bartender and asked for another. The Bartender was cleaning a dirty mug with a cloth that still had traces of food long since cleaned off the plates of customers. He shot Ardur a look as he placed this mug underneath the tap, and poured in alcohol. The bartender maintained eye contact as the bartender finished off the drink, complete with him scalping off the foam top that protruded far from the edges of the drink. The bartender placed the drink on the bartop near Ardur, and asked a question. “You plan on paying me anytime soon?”

Anora quickly found her coin purse and grabbed a few of her gold coins. She quickly placed them on the bar. “His drinks and my own for the night.” She said as she allowed a weak smile to return to her face. Feeling weird, she also pointed out Sheo, Magnus, and everyone else in their group. “Make sure they have their fill as well.” She said as she hiccoughed.

“Anora the generous all of a sudden.” Ardur joked.

“Credit the alcohol.” She said as she raised her mug in the direction of Sheo and everyone else in her general direction. “We need this night.” Anora said as she looked back towards Ardur. “The following days will not be easy.”

Ardur returned her gaze once more, and gave a nod in agreement. “These are good people. At least they're not the usual, overweight caravan leaders we're used to.” He finished as he reached out his mug close to Anora. Anora pressed her cup hesitantly against Ardur's before the pair took a drink. “You should go and get some rest like Cyrus and Selen. We need at least one person who won't be hungover in the morning.”

“I think I will stay here for a while longer.” Anora replied.

Meanwhile Cyrus and Selen silently left their group behind and retreated towards their room.

“Is it true, grandfather?” Selen asked

“Is what true, child. Remember to be specific.” Cyrus lectured

“Was that Lason Divinio? Did Anora have a brother?” Selen pestered.

“I have heard stories of him. Vanished after a bandit attacked his convoy on the way to the capital.” Cyrus responded as he thought. “No mention of him after that if I recall.” He paused as he opened his door. “Come child, let us get some sleep. We need our rest if they keep drinking like that.” He scolded.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:48 am 

Original Character (1) Longest RP (2)

Sheo gave Magnus and Avis a toothy smile, revealing that a good bit of her teeth were as sharp and solid as he dagger. With not much food left for her to eat Sheo settled for drinking down her grog, though she also ordered whatever was on the tap. She supports the local business too. Sometimes. She also asked for a wet towel to wipe off the oil, sweat, and other gunk off her skin. Without much shame she even pulled down her tunic and exposed her breast, just so she had more space to wipe herself down. She was a very messy eater.

As she cleaned herself Sheo heard Magnus's compliments about Sheo's skills. When he mentioned that he'd love to work with her again, a devious plot formed in her mind. Putting her clothes back on Sheo stood up and picked up Magnus, armor and all, over her shoulder. "That reminds me! Magnus, we still have some fitting to do. Armor's a bit snug, but I know a trick to loose you up. Also the matter of testing that armor's durability. Heh, and of course, getting that little sword of yours sheathed... You got a room don'tcha? Gya ha ha ha!" Sheo grabbed her grog, steak sauce, a wooden ladle, a chair, table cloth, and as Atisha came back from getting herself cleaned up, grabbed the amulet off her neck that served as a staff. Atisha was about to protest when she turned to the elvish waif and smirked. "Just going to hammer some dents, see you in the morning!"

Of course dents weren't the only things getting hammered. Though perpetually drunk, Sheo's memory was good enough to remember the offer she had given to Magnus in the mines. "Magic! Enchantments! That feeling in your body when the supernatural takes affect on you... Even ale can't compare. Now Magnus... You're going to feel my magic." Sheo said suggestively as she closed the door behind her. Magnus, for some reason or another, was blindfolded with a piece of table cloth. He was also tied to the bed, his hands and feet bound to the bed posts. And still in armor. Sheo in the mean time was actually stripping down to her under garments, as she took the bottle of steak sauce in hand and began to make an intricate rune around Magnus. She straddled his torso, sitting right on top of his chest. If the bed they were on were not so cushiony, she would be crushing his chest.

"Enchanting is... A bond. Between the magical and material world, between two very different, very separate forces. Normally, these two forces interact for only the briefest of moments, causing phenomenons outside natural order. Great balls of fire, conjuring creatures from nothing, mending flesh. But all these things only happen for a brief moment, only long enough for their effects to take place. They live a short life, and are practically in they dying state when they're used. But Enchantments... Enchantments are alive. They live, they exist, long after they were created. Enchantments occur when the material and magical world not only come into contact, but combine. It's no small feat, but it's entirely natural as well. Magic is within after all. It's just a matter of... Easing it out."

Giggling like a little girl, Sheo continued to sit on Magnus while practically stark nude as she continued to paint the rune around him in steak sauce. While not the perfect catalyst, all she really needs is the shape; whether the rune was carved from stone or molded from metal was irrelevant. Though doing it this way would certainly cause accidents. Not that Sheo was all too concerned. Once the rune circle was complete, she learned down towards Magnus's masked face, her own hovering just inches above his. Magnus would be able to tell thanks to the warmth of her breath and the strong stench of alcohol coming from her mouth. A constant stench really, but much stronger face-to-face.

"Now than, Magnus... Is there anything you'd like for me to do before I show you my enchantments?"

---

Atisha walked out from the loo, wiping herself down of dust and dirt and disposing any cobwebs she might have picked up. The catacombs were an enlightening experience, but perhaps next time she'd just try a graveyard. At least there all she'd have to worry about is the dirt on her boots then the filth covering her body. Perhaps this was why Verigan wore so many layers. Either way Atisha walked out from the back of the room when suddenly Sheo rushed by with Magnus on her shoulder. Before Atisha could ask Sheo ripped the Amulet Staff from around her neck. "What! Sheolred, what's the meaning of this!?" The ogyren woman simply gave Atisha a sly grin and a lame excuse before taking Magnus to gods-knows were. Atisha shortly debated following to ensure Sheo doesn't hurt Magnus, but frankly Atisha was not in the mood to deal with Sheolred right now. She was, however, in the mood for a nice warm drink, and a tall cold mug of ale.

Walking back to the bustling tavern Atisha took the seat that Sheolred once occupied. Ordering herself some mushroom stew and a tall tankard of honey mead. While she waited for her food she decided to strike up a conversation with Avis. "An eventful day, isn't it, Avis?" The barkeep slid a glass of water in front of Atisha, who tested it for impurities using her magic (As well as cleansing the water just in case) before taking a sip. It was nice and cool; obviously high class. Someone here seemed to want to impress her. Just what she needed: Some fool looking to buy her. Ignoring the implications she finished the rest of the water and awaited for Avis to tell her what she had been doing for most of the day.

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Join me... And fulfill the oath.

And the blanks with your Username.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:45 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

A highly amused smile crossed Magnus' face at Avis' whistle. If he hadn't felt impressive wearing the suit of armour before, he certainly did now. He also made a motion with his arm when he saw Avis starting to reach out, but when she crossed them instead, he likewise attempted to avoid the awkwardness of shoving a gauntleted limb forward for examination, and instead followed up the motion fully and scratched the back of his head. Smooth. "Oh, certainly. The main issue is the work, really. I wouldn't mind putting together more things, but I don't think everyone would be willing to go mining. It gets hot down there." He was of course referring to the temperature and limited airflow, but his mind went back to the events that happened while he was in a mine that day for a moment, and he cleared his throat a little awkwardly out of instinctive reaction.

Moving on to the fight, the discussion became more serious after the momentary goofiness of their choice in words. "I couldn't say, honestly. We don't really know anything about anybody. This entire day has been...Well, it's been something." He shrugged lightly, lowering his arm to rest it on the bartop. Thus far, he trusted Anora's word more than Lason's, by pure virtue of her helping out while Lason had threatened to murder everybody. First impressions could be very important. "Our best bet is to get some rest and get out of town as soon as possible. I doubt he'd come back to cause more trouble tonight, but I don't want to risk anything tomorrow." He stoop up straight again, rolling his shoulders a little. "I'm headed to-" His words cut off, as his entire body was easily plucked off the ground and slung over Sheo's shoulder. A surprised noise replaced the latter half of his speech, and at Sheo's voicing of her intentions, a bright pink flush erupted across his cheeks. "Oh, um, yes," He answered. "Third one on the left."

As he was carried off, he gave an apologetic look to Avis and Atisha. Resigning himself to his fate, he disappeared around the hallway that led to the bedrooms, eyeing the various other objects Sheo had nabbed on their way back. He wondered what everything was for and how it could possibly be used for adjusting his suit's fit, but he knew full well that likely wasn't going to be the only thing going on in there. Couldn't complain there. As the door was shut and locked behind them, Magnus fidgeted a little, somewhat uncomfortable with his armour pressing into his stomach while he was being carried. Maybe a fit adjustment was a good idea.

Set down for a moment, he turned around to face Sheo and ask her what exactly was to be done, but he was silenced when a strip of cloth was put around his eyes and secured tightly. He had to wonder what that was for. While he only vocalized a confused "Eh?" in regard to it, he had a few overtly innocent guesses. Maybe enchantments gave off light, and Sheo wanted to protect his vision? That justification went flying out the window when she proceeded to put him on the bed and bind him to it. He didn't resist, but after he was tied, he wriggled around to test the strength of the cloth. "Oh," He mumbled, the blush returning in full force. He 'looked' in the direction he heard Sheo making sounds in, taken by surprise when she seated herself right on his torso. Her weight knocked the wind out of him for a moment, but he managed to stabilize his breath as she went on to explain enchanting.

Even in his compromised position, the lecture was actually quite interesting to listen to. Magnus was never much of a magician, so learning about the intricacies of mana was almost always teaching him something new. While he was tempted to ask for clarification, the only noise he managed to muster at first was a stifled sound of interest. Sheo soon continued doing whatever it was that required sitting on him, and Magnus soon picked up the pungent scent of the condiment that had been stolen from the bar, and a moment later, felt something wet being rubbed across his face and the bridge of his nose. He recoiled lightly at the sudden coldness of the liquid, pressing his chin into his neck as the corners of his mouth sharply dropped. "Ech," He complained momentarily.

His focus was quickly shifted when he felt Sheo changing positions, and he took in a deep breath with his chest made less constricted. He still felt her weight on him, but at least his lungs could properly expand again. Halfway through a generous inhale, he paused when he felt Sheo breathing on him, the smell of alcohol intensifying tenfold. The knowledge that she was now so close, as well as the tone of voice she delivered the suggestive question in, made him blush an even deeper shade. "Oh, um, well," He paused, clenching his jaw and taking a nervous swallow. "There, ah...There's what we talked about, in, in the mines." While he couldn't see, and his blindfold was secure, the movement under it suggested he was attempting to peek under the lowermost part of it, through the space between the cloth crossing his nose and his cheeks.

It was going to be one hell of a night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:26 am 

Longest RP (1)

A forgotten song.

Anora's brows scrunched in confusion as a familiar sound filled her ears. At first it was subtle; filtering in here and there through the noise of the crowd. A series of notes were strung together by a mysterious lute player, hiding in the crowds yet somewhere in the tavern. Anora's eyes grew wide while her brows returned to normal as a scorned look fell upon her face. The simplicity of the song was swallowed whole by the sound of metal armor being bounced around entered her ear. Her eyes darted to the source and her brows once again scrunched in confusion.

Magnus?” She mouthed.

Look at the lucky lad eh?” Ardur shouted.

Are they-” Anora paused as her head shot back and a judgmental look fell upon her face.

They sure will.” Ardur responded as he bellowed out another round of laughter.

The beauty and the blacksmith! Who'd of thought?” Ardur said as he once again downed his drink, slamming the mug down on the table with such force it awoke the drunk next to him from his alcohol induced coma.

Another?” The bartender asked as his lips curled and his brows raised in anticipation.

If you could be so kind.” Ardur responded as he threw his shoulder over Anora. “What had you confused a second ago?” He asked as the humor fell from his voice. “You looked like you seen a Lich or something.

Not seen.” Anora spoke as she grinded her teeth together as her head tilted towards Ardur's arm, draped over her shoulder.

Get used to it love, it's here to stay.” He said as he grabbed his fresh mug off the bar and took a healthy swig. “If you did not see the Lich, did you smell one? I'd say smelling a Lich in here would be rather hard, given the choice of smells we are currently exposed to. From the unwashed, to the sweaty, to the **** and vomit covered all the way to the sweaty, unwashed, pis-

Heard.” Anora interrupted. “I heard someone playing a Lute.

Oh?” Ardur said as he turned his face towards Anora's. “The song they were playing, was it a familiar one?

Would I react as such if I had never heard it before?” Anora responded.

Most likely not.” Ardur responded as he placed his mug back down on the bar. “If I find myself a a lute, and im not saying I can, but if I did would you remember how the song went?

I might be able to remember, and it was not a song. I remember it was more like a lullaby....I think.” Pausing as she buried her face in her free hand. “Kind of.” Anora responded as the corners of her mouth curled upwards as a sheepish smile grew across her face.

Ardur quickly pulled his arm away from Anora's body and spun around to face the bar. His eyes located the bartender while he whistled to grab his attention. The Bartender head jolted towards Ardur as his hands put down the mug he was once again cleaning. Slowly the heavy set man walked over, floor boards creaking above the noise of the nearby crowd as he rested his arms on the bar near Ardur.

What do you want now, another drink?” He hissed.

No, im fin-” He paused as he looked into his mug. “Alright! One more.” He said in a joking voice as his pointer finger extended out from a closed fist. “But you wouldn't happen to have a lost lute I could borrow?

Borrow?” The bartender asked as his right eyebrow raised and a strong smile spread across his face.

Ardur's eyes darted from the left to the right as his fingers played idly on the empty mug. “Rent?” He asked as his head tilted to the right and his shoulders shrugged.

10 copper ducat's per hour. If you break the lute, or spill your drink on it then it is one silver ducat.” The Bartender grinned as he slowly reached under the bar, and as slow as he could raised up one lute. “Deal, Ardur?

Why do you charge so much?” Ardur asked.

Remember the last time you 'borrowed' my lute?” The Bartender responded.

I fail to see how that was my fault.” Ardur shrugged.

You smashed my precious lute over a man's head!” The Bartender responded in kind.

After a brief pause, Ardur's head raised up as a puzzled look fell on his face as he remembered the bar fight in question. His head fell sharply back to normal and his face turned to a sheepish grin. “Yeah.” Pausing for a second, he reached into his bag and raised ten copper ducats out. “Sorry 'bout that.” He said as a grin covered his face as he dropped the coins into The Bartenders hand.

Nice doing business with you Ardur, as usual.” The Bartender gave him a wink before he handed Ardur the lute.

Ardur quickly grabbed hold of the loot, sat down in a chair, and spun himself around to face Anora. “I found a lute!” He said as the sound of a mug being placed on the bar behind his head grabbed his attention. Turning slightly, he saw another bartender had brought him another drink. “And another drink!

Why did you smash a lute over someone's head?” Anora asked as a puzzled look fell on her face.

He said my parents were liars and thief's!” Ardur responded.

But were they not?” Anora joked.

Shut it, you.” Ardur responded as a playful grin spread across his face. “Now, that song. Can you hum for me the start?

I think, I...Yes.” Anora responded as she took a drink from her mug, before letting it rest once more on the bar.

Anora began to hum the tune that had grabbed her attention, and with each passing hum did a corresponding note sing out from the lute. Each note that the lute brought forth brought a distant, yet familiar feeling from the farthest reaches of her mind. Each note brought here closer and closer to a memory. As she continued the hum, now singing parts of the lullaby she had not heard in a long time, she felt a strange sensation fall over her. Her eyes closes in an instant and she started to remember.

Many years in the past.

Anora's eyes opened, slowly as they did, as her small hands gripped tighter and tighter on her blanket. The rafters were thrown open by a strong gust of wind as thunder bellowed in the distance. A high-pitched scream bellowed from her quivering lips, as she threw her blanket over her head as tears poured out of their ducts and flowed down her face.

Anora, don't be scared.” A young boy's voice commanded.

Thunder is scary.” Anora sobbed. “Make it stop.

You know as well as I do that Thunder is the work of the Goddess dearest sister. I'll be King long before the Goddess decides to listen to my prayers.” The boy responded as the floorboards creaked as the small boy crawled out of bed. He moved quickly, and almost silently across the floor until he reached his lute and returned to his bed. His bed moaned as he fell upon the frame, and after a second he turned his head towards Anora. “Come now, Anora. Take those blankets off your face. I have been learning the lullaby father plays for us sometimes before bed, if you wish I will play it for you.

The blanket quickly fell from over top Anora as her small head, soaked in tears, emerged from it's safe haven. “Ok.” She whimpered back.

"That's my sister." He said with a smile. The young boys hand was quick to position itself on the shaft of the lute, and with a quick strum of his finger did he begin the song. With each passing note, he would hum the words to it and with each passing note, the flood of tears slowed from the ducts on Anora's face before ultimately stopping. The corners of her lips curled upwards as a soft giggle escaped her lips.

You don't know the words.” Anora playfully said.

A sour note escaped from the lute as the young boy's face grew red with embarrassment. “I forgot 'em!” He said as he lowered the Lute.

A soft laugh escaped Anora's mouth, before her head quickly turned towards the door at the sound of the door knob turning.

The door slowly crept open, creaking slightly as it moved. Her brother quickly stood up with a soldiers posture as he faced their father and mother as they entered the room while Anora quickly raised her blanket up beneath her eyes.

We heard a lute playing.” Her fathers voice was not loud but it echoed across the room as a small grin spread across his face. “Thunderstorm scaring you again, my daughter?” He asked as a wide grin spread across his face. Anora's mother stood next to him, her left hand reaching up and resting on her husbands shoulder.

Yes father.” Her brother responded. “I was playing the lullaby you play for us.”

Their fathers eyebrows shot up in suprise. “I have not taught it to you yet, how do you know our family's lullaby?

I watched and practiced, father.” Ardur responded.

A soft laugh escaped his lips as he placed his arm around the shoulder of his wife. “No need to fear the thunder, child. Your brother Lason will always protect you, isn't that right son?

Present time.

"Did he just say 'My brother Lason?'" She nervously mouthed as her eyes jumped open.

Ardur quickly stopped playing the lute as his source of music ceased, as Anora had lost all the color in her face. “Something wrong?

No.” Pausing, she continued. “Yes.

Ardur quickly turned around and placed the lute on the bar. He quickly signaled for the bartender to take it away and returned his attention to Anora. “What is it?””

Anora quickly grabbed her mug of alcohol, and much in the fashion that Ardur liked to drink, raised the bottom of her mug towards the sky and began drinking. Unlike Ardur, however, not one drop was wasted. Slamming the mug on the table as she exhaled in an audible breath, she raised her pointer finger up towards The Bartender and asked “One more, if you may.

Anora...” Ardur asked as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

That monster is my brother.” She spat out. “At least, at least I think he is.

Are you sure or are you drunk?” Ardur quickly asked as he quickly moved to her side.

I am not so drunk and I am sure. That lullaby, it brought back a memory I had long since forgotten.” She quickly retorted.

Tell me.” Asked Ardur

I was very young, perhaps three or four.” She paused as The Bartender brought her another mug. She quickly took a healthy drink from the mug before she continued. “A thunderstorm had blown open the windows and I started to cry. I really hated thunderstorms, kinda still do.” She said as she laughed a worried laugh as her eyes darted to the floor. “My brother heard me crying, and he grabbed a lute and started to play the song.” She said as she looked back up towards Ardur and hummed it in it's entirety once again to him. “He did not known the words and I have long since forgotten them, but he played the song none the less. The noise attracted our parents, who came into our room.” She paused as a quiver emerged on her lips. “They said 'Your brother Lason will always protect you'.

Oh ****.” Ardur said as he downed his drink.

That lullaby brought me back to a time before everything went to hell.” She said as a wounded look fell upon her face. “That monster is going to try to kill everyone, to protect his sisters name. My name.” She said as she pointed to her chest.

The irony.” Ardur softly spoke.

Anora finished her drink in due haste, before ordering another. It was given as quick as possible. “I need to distract myself from these thoughts.” She paused as she took a sip. She hiccoughed again. Then again, and a third time after that.

You handle your alcohol very well for a beginner. Come, let us mingle with those we travel with.” Ardur finished as he streched out his arm, allowing Anora to easily pull herself from her seat.

Woah.” Anora said as she felt wobbly and a tingling sensation take over her brain.

Ardur laughed as he threw his shoulder over Anora's, to which Anora threw her shoulder over Ardur's. The duo made their way towards Atisha and Avis before Ardur loudly announced their presence.

Hello my fellow weary travelers!” He spoke as his head turned towards Anora and with a wide, drunken grin did he turn back to the two and boast. “Remember that Lason fellow that just threatened to kill us all? Well, we think that this 'Lason' fellow is truly Anora's brother!

Dick.” Anora said as she punched him hard in the side, the corners of her lips curled downward as her eyes grew wide with a calm rage. “A very strange way for you to say good evening, Ardur.” She hissed as she removed her hand from his shoulder.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:14 am 

Avis opened her mouth to say good night to Magnus, but it ended up just hanging open as Sheo swept him up and carried him away. She blinked, briefly trying to conceptualize what had led up to- whatever that was. Then, deciding she didn't want to think about it, she turned back to the bar. What a day.

When she heard her sentiments echoed by Atisha, who had come to sit next to her, Avis gave the other woman a grin. "Seems like it's been a full day for everyone. I thought mine was busy, but compared to what everyone else got up to..." She shrugged. "I just went with Blake and that other guy that showed up. He kinda just vanished after buying Blake some clothes. We were going to do some sight seeing, but we bumped into Sirenix here-" she gestured to the newcomer to the group. "-and she seemed to need some help, so we headed back here." The fact that she hadn't been able to explore the city hadn't really bothered Avis. She was sure she'd be here again eventually, and frankly this group was all the entertainment she needed.

To prove her point, Anora and Ardur arrived at the group with a rather loud declaration. Avis' eyebrows drew together. So the two were related? But then what was Lason so upset about? However, instead of pushing about this, she shook her head and stood. "Family fights," she said. "They're the worst." Avis nudged the barstool back in its place. "I'd stay up and chat with you all, but I got barely any sleep last night. Fill me in on what happened tomorrow." She waved goodnight and headed back to find herself a room.

Across the room, Bellant and Larteis were having a similar conversation. "We should get some sleep," Bellant said, nudging Larteis' side with his head. "I don't know about you, but this whole nonsense day has worn me out."

"I'm tired too," Larteis admitted. His gaze flicked across the room to where the others stood, then followed Avis as she walked away. He briefly considered saying good night, but the idea of imposing himself on the group made him quickly dismiss the notion. "Let's go to bed," he said. A thought occurred to him. "Will they let you stay in the inn room with me?"

Bellant snorted. "They better. If they make me stay in a stable I'll eat a horse."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:40 pm 

eyy, senpai!

The next morning

As the morning came, Falone's cloudy sky allowed only thin rays of sunlight to the ground below. The air held a chill, not too harsh, but enough to affect any non-natives quite noticeably. Meagre amounts of light filled the rooms of the inn that hadn't had their shutters closed, a sure sign that the sun was up and it was time to get moving. Magnus was awoken around six in the morning, a bit before the rest of the building was in its fully busy morning hours. Instead of getting right up, he just rolled around for about ten minutes, groaning wordless complaints at the ray of sunshine that kept shining in his face through the slightly-cracked curtains.

Eventually, he decided he couldn't defeat the sun by whining at it, so he rolled over to the edge of his bed and sat up, rolling his neck and shoulders. He then proceeded to run a hand over his hair, and the feeling of his skin reminded him that he was now in desperate need of cleanliness. A scan of the room to locate his box of saved belongings was taken, and after both setting out a fresh set of clothing and gathering that which he had on the previous day, he went to the room's connected shower room. Aqueducts and piping allowed for luxuries of the sort in bigger cities, though he soon learned that the water was very cold. It did a great job at waking him up properly, but he did so wish that whoever came up with the idea of water pipes had figured out a way to warm them up before dumping it on his head.

Rushing to clean himself before the cold overtook him, Magnus cleaned and dried himself off, then dressed up in the new outfit he'd laid out. It was pretty much identical to his others, consisting of a white shirt, blue vest, black boots and breeches, and his cloak remained part of it due to the weather. He added those gloves from the forge, after giving them a cleaning as well. His armour was waiting for him on the far table in the room, as well as his weaponry and shield. Quite the nice-looking setup. Placing his hand on the helmet, he felt an odd sensation coming off the metal. Must have been those enchantments Sheoldred was talking about before. He'd have to remember to ask what they did, as he hadn't actually witnessed the application of magic to the suit.

Instead of putting everything away, he decided to get dressed in it, as the group would be on the road soon and he'd prefer to be prepared for any mishaps along the way. It took some time to get all the plates strapped on properly, but his flexibility paid off and he was fully armoured (sans helmet) soon enough. His hammer was strapped onto his back, his sword at his hip, and his shield to the belt that crossed his brigandine. Everything felt a bit more snug, but in a good way. His motions were even more fluid, and the distribution of weight was so good that he hardly felt like he was wearing anything.

By the time he got out of the room and went downstairs, an hour or so had passed. The atmosphere of the inn was livening up, many of the tenants down in the lobby for breakfast. Magnus saw his parents at a table and made his way over to them, setting his helmet down atop it. "Good morning," He greeted, taking a seat next to his father. The old man had an obnoxious grin on his face, and after a few moments of silence, Magnus questioned it. "What? Did I miss something?"

"Not at all, boy." Looking away, Sigurd took a sip of tea, leaving his son to wonder what the smile was for. He waited until Magnus had poured himself a cup as well, and once he started to take a drink, continued. "So, how was your night?" He asked with a nudge to his arm.

Magnus coughed halfway through a drink. That alone was enough to make the elder chuckle to himself, but Magnus' verbal response only made it better. "Oh, it was, um. You know, restful."

"Didn't sound like you were getting much rest," Sigurd quipped. "These walls aren't as thick as they should be."

The colour drained from Magnus' face, and he clasped a hand over his eyes. "Oh my god," He whispered, sounding absolutely defeated. He felt another nudge against his arm, and after a few of them, he began to respond with nudges of his own. The two eventually ended up shoulder-to-shoulder, playfully pushing against each other while delivering weak strikes aimed towards the other's sides. Magnus' mother just looked on at the two, sighing and rolling her eyes at the display.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:52 pm 

Longest RP (2) Dedicated Partner (1)

(( Collab between Eggsy and yours truly. ))

A new sunrise washed over southern Ardon’s wooded plains. An encounter in a small village had gone about as badly as it could have. Deaths, property damage, and a potential link to finding out more gone in the night without a word. Not the greatest turn of events imaginable. Tarkus couldn’t have been forcibly removed from the inn, owing to his size and the unwillingness of townsfolk to try and nudge a very grumpy-looking Jotun out the door, but he knew full well that he was no longer welcome. Rest was still taken for Vasma’s sake, but as soon as the morning came, they left. Rearmed and prepared to travel again, Tarkus strode away from the village without a second look back, taking a road out of the northern part of town.

Brom, his feline companion, complained loudly while on the road. A series of grunts and other unhappy sounds rumbled in the beast’s throat, to which Tarkus responded with a harsh “Tch” sound to silence them. He was in no mood to deal with the kitten’s desires to laze about, especially not after having been shot the previous night. The sooner he was away from this backwater gathering of cabins, the better. Finally, Brom stopped his complaining, only to dart past Tarkus into the treeline. The Jotun sighed heavily, and gave chase after the animal. Something had apparently caught his attention, and he needed to be sure it wasn’t some unfortunate hunter that had been marked as prey.

“Something green,” proclaimed Floriad, putting her hands on her tiny hips. Her Dokkalfr companion turned his neck towards her slightly, looking down at the Sidhe that was wrapped around his armored shoulder. He pursed his lips, and said nothing for a while. Only the sounds of his cave drake crunching the leaves underfoot could be heard through the forest.

“You spy something green?” Silas asked after a long period of silence, blowing a strand of white hair from his face. He raised a hand to fix his hair, nearly throwing Floriad off of his person in the process. “Gee, I don’t know. There’s not many things that are green around here,” he mumbled. He briefly wondered if she was hoping he would say tree, when rather the object she’d spied was her own wrap dress, but he wasn’t going to give into her games.

Vival, the cave drake, sniffed the earth as they travelled. Suddenly, he paused, and his head looked up and swiveled to the left and right. Silas gave his drake a pat with a dark hand. “It’s fine, boy, c’mon,” he urged, and the cave drake trudged on. On Silas’ shoulder, Floriad folded her arms and looked away from him, feigning being upset because he obviously wasn’t interested in playing her games.

From the treeline ahead of the trio, Brom burst forward, fur prickled with twigs and dead leaves. The hefty beast landed with a slight stumble onto the road, lower than the ground that was surrounding the trees properly, but soon caught his footing and shook himself off. A few inquisitive sniffs were given to the air, followed by a drawing up of the lips and a lowering of the entire body into a defensive position. Claws emerged from the tips of his digits, and in all, he managed to look very threatening. It wasn’t every day a massive tiger-like beast interrupted a walk through the woods in the midlands, but there was something slightly off about his stance. While he faced Vival head-on, his eyes were distinctly not focused on the drake, nor his riders. He was watching something behind them.

Vival reared, nearly bucking both Silas and Floriad onto the ground. The Dokkalfr pulled on the reigns and Vival walked backwards, distancing themselves from the giant cat. “Easy,” Silas warned, to both Vival and the newcomer. When the claw tips emerged from Brom’s digits, Silas winced, but kept his hands firm on the reigns. Floriad didn’t move, watching the cat intently. She knelt down and bent forward, whispering into Silas ear, “He’s not looking at us, there’s something else here.” Silas gave her a skeptical look, but then looked towards the cat and realized that she was in fact right. His shoulders went slack, and he turned, wondering just what was out there.

Behind them, more figures emerged from the treeline. Tall, hairy, apelike beasts, some carrying rudimentary weapons in the forms of tree branches and long stones. Large noses emerging from matted manes, beady eyes, and overly-large maws lined with sharp teeth were all identifiers of trolls. The tallest among them, holding what looked to be an entire fallen tree, approached from the end of the road, while smaller ones swung from the branches lining the pathway. One that landed near Brom was challenged with a vicious snarl, and when it returned the threat with a growl of its own, a slash across the torso followed. The cat immediately began to tear into the beast, while the others ignored the scuffle in favor of surrounding the others. They seemed like easier targets, evidently.

Silas hopped off Vival almost immediately, Floriad gripping the spike that protruded from the Dokkalfr’s shoulder armor. She fluttered off of Silas once he landed on the ground, and spun around once or twice, changing her size to that of a normal human’s. She twirled a long faewood staff in her hands, her antennae whipping along with the current of the wind she created with the staff.

Silas wheeled and settled in a place so that he and Floriad were back to back. He hefted the obsidite mace off of his back and held it firmly with one hand. One troll had already decided that they looked like easy prey, and Silas swung his mace around threateningly. Vival, on the other hand, went to go join Brom, his sharp teeth bared, ready for battle. His tail swung around in anticipation for a fight.

Floriad swung her faewood staff and smacked a troll across the head with it as she finished a wide, arcing blow. Silas attacked likewise, swinging low for one of the troll’s knees. Nasty creatures, these were. Thank goodness they had a giant cat to help them.

The smaller trolls, after seeing more of their kin be bashed mercilessly, rushed forward with their own crude weapons raised. As Brom finished off the one he’d been tearing into before, his focus changed to that of a group running towards Silas from the back. He leaped over the elf and came crashing down atop them, extended claws tearing into a pair of faces while his fang-filled maw grabbed a third around the throat. He made all kinds of terrible noises during the attack, his snarling almost louder than the collective roars the trolls themselves made.

Apparently unsatisfied with the embarrassing display the smaller ones were giving, the larger troll hefted its tree-club onto a shoulder and began to approach, moving in a knuckle-walking gait with its one free limb. At first, the pace was slow and deliberate, but as it neared it began to pick up speed. About eight feet from Floriad, approximately the length of the club it carried, the troll raised the weapon and began to deliver a downward smash, roaring furiously on the way down. The club was stopped halfway through the swing, and the old, dead wood splintered against the surface of an immense iron sword.

Tarkus had emerged from the treeline after finally catching up with Brom, and intercepted the leader troll’s attack on reflex. The flat of his sword made an effective shield owing to its great size, and with the weapon the troll wielded now gone, it was left wide open. With a hefty swing, Tarkus turned and arced his sword downward onto the troll’s shoulder, lopping off its arm and part of its lower leg.

Floriad jumped back, letting the Jotun do his thing. She stared wide-eyed at him for a brief moment, her antennae twitching, seemingly trying to gather information. Even though he had just saved her from a rather nasty blow, she wasn’t going to let him take all the glory, even if the troll had already been disfigured.

She ran up towards Tarkus, not even half his height, and slammed her foot on the ground. Rocks spiked upwards towards the troll, effectively impaling it some places, but knocking it completely off its feet. She turned enthusiastically towards Tarkus, the little beads in her hair twinkling. “Teamwork!” she exclaimed.

“Could use some teamwork over here, Floriad!” said Silas annoyedly, who was busy clubbing a smaller troll to smithereens. Another one came up behind him, and he parried its club with his mace, his arms buckling as he did so. While he was strong for an elf, he didn’t quite think he could outright kill a troll if he went by raw strength only.

Vival took the other troll that had been giving Silas problems, snapping at it with his sharp teeth. The troll made a heavy grunt of defiance as Vival took it down to the ground, ripping out parts of it with tooth and nail.

While Tarkus did give Floriad a glance to acknowledge her, especially after she knocked the troll over, he didn’t exactly pause to make conversation with her. While the thing was wounded quite gravely, he’d seen trolls come back from worse, and instead of taking that risk he finished it off. Twice more, he raised his sword and brought it down onto the troll’s immobilized form, first at the waist, then at the neck. It was a bit of a messy ordeal, but when he was satisfied with chopping the thing into bits, he kicked the head away for good measure.

Now leaderless, some of the smaller trolls began to panic. They’d hardly been doing what could be called a good job before, but now they were even more disorderly, attacking with little coordination or focus on what was around them. Tarkus took advantage of this, swinging his blade through a group of smaller ones that were beating into Brom’s torso with their clubs. The cat made a chuffing sound and stood up, getting out of the way to let Tarkus swing his weapon around again. He seemed to be doing quite a good job at tearing the beasts apart, and was very thorough in making sure they wouldn’t be getting back up.

“Make sure they stay down,” He advised, stomping on a troll that was attempting to crawl away, legless but still very much alive. “Cut them apart and burn what’s left. You have to be sure with these things.”

Floriad nodded when Tarkus gave the orders, and while she was not currently fighting any trolls, she went to go help Silas, who was currently making chunks out of one of them. She bounded over to Silas and swept the corpse that he was pureeing away with a quick shift of the earth, sending it into the middle of the road.

Silas and Vival gave her the same exact look, but quickly went back into the fray. They tag teamed one of the few remaining trolls, with Silas swinging his mace and Vival snapping his fangs. The troll fell rather quickly, its feet having been knocked out from the blunt force of the Dokkalfr’s mace. Silas huffed, and Vival forced the troll to the ground and wrestled with it. Silas ran around Vival and with a swift delivery that wasn’t entirely unlike a golf swing, Silas knocked off the troll’s head. His weapon wasn’t very good for slicing, but when it came to cracking skulls it was surprisingly effective. He wiped some splatter from his forehead.

Floriad took the quivering remains of the troll right out from under them, the earth shifting below. Silas and Vival teetered out of the way, nervous on the unsteady ground. She heaped the troll on top of the other one, dust and dirt flying around everything as she moved the earth. From a bag tied hastily to the leather straps on her middle, she retrieved a flint and steel, and bent down and set the troll aflame. It didn’t catch immediately, but with a little magical prompting from Floriad the troll was quickly set ablaze. The so called corpse writhed in the flames, which made Floriad make a displeased face.

As the dwindling numbers of the troll pack continued to fall, Tarkus focused less on splitting the fallen to pieces and more on getting out of the way of the rapidly-shifting ground. He made a somewhat displeased noise as the road wobbled beneath him, but made no other vocal complaints. Instead, he walked over towards the pile of remains, and watched closely while Floriad worked to remove what chances remained of the beasts regenerating. The writhing was never pleasant, but damn near necessary to make sure the things couldn’t just piece themselves back together.

“They should not be this far south,” Tarkus commented, resting the weight of his bloodied sword on the ground. “Something must have driven them away. Do you know of anything that might be doing that?” His gaze shifted from the flames to the pair ahead of him, angled down from his considerably high vantage point. He wondered if whatever they’d been chasing after this whole time wasn’t responsible for the displacement of the beasts. He’d heard of them migrating out of the north before, but to come so far south was out of their normal behavior.

“Well, neither should you,” Floriad commented, in regards to the trolls being so far south. She hefted another troll onto the hastily prepared pyre, and wiped her hands. Silas was busy beating the last one into a fine pulp, so she thought her work for the most part was done. In regards to Tarkus’ question, Floriad just shrugged. “Could be anything. Maybe it was Silas’ stink,” she chuckled.

“I heard that,” Silas flatlined, turning away from the troll he was working on. He shook off his mace, bits of corpse smoothie flying off of it. Vival retracted in disgust, but then returned to the dead troll and began to sniff it in curiosity. “And, nope, I do not have one idea about the trolls. I was about to say, I didn’t even think trolls should be in these parts,” Silas admitted, giving a visible shrug. “Glad your cat was here, though, saved us from one hell of an ambush.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 pm 

1st Year (1)

The morning light pierced through the cloudy skies. The morning air felt different to the slumbering man. It wasn’t chilly, but it felt soft and new to the lungs. Too different from the air of caves and forests, and the several ordeals. One might imagine after much travelling, one would lose their sense of smell. Hardly but possible, you might say. The morning light turned to an assassin, creeping into the room window and slipped into a hoodless man’s room.

He finally stirred from the bed, an old habit of travelling by day and finding a place to hide by night, and jumped from it, stretching his arms, his legs and working his back. That was a habit he didn’t feel shame in, then. Or even now. Glory couldn’t outprice your life, nor could meagre coin. His hand unconsciously runs through his long hair as the other scratches his side and drifts to his other arm. The arm he always kept bound in some strange-looking red paper bindings from above the elbow to the wrist. He could feel the occasional aching though this time made him think it time to get cleaned up. Though welcoming the cold water, Blake washed thoroughly, and cleaned himself up, and dressed in what old equipment he had.

It was mostly all he had, a black shirt, brown greaves and though his boots were part of this attire, his feet felt less cramped without them. He decided to give them a good cleaning as well as his sword. A shoddy setup, and the only thing of per se pristine condition would his three-tailed coat that always gave him a more uplifted feel. Like any day he wore it would be a good day. However, he folded it up and left that in his satchel as well.

At least an hour or more must have gone by as he headed downstairs. By that time, Blake could not believe his eyes. It was like the flies drawn to the stench of rotting flesh. The entire place was filled with many faces, and many tenants than even he had expected in all the times he had ever been in an inn before. He had a scan of the place, and spotted him Magnus and his family at a table, and made his way over to them. “Mind if I join you all?”

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:24 am 

Avis' night passed with ease- she fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed, and awoke when the sun crested the horizon. An early riser by nature, she pulled herself out of bed and swung open the windows, breathing in the crisp morning air- although the chill didn't go unnoticed. She shut them again and strode over to her luggage, then pulled out a wardrobe for the day. She chose a slightly thicker cloak than normal and a long sleeved shirt. Cold was less common where Avis was from. Then, after spending a considerable length of time making sure her luggage was organized, she charged out of the room.

As she swung open her door with her usual panache, there was a stifled yelp behind it. Avis stepped out, and saw Larteis cringing as he eyed his jammed foot and Bellant glowering at the door. "Oh, sorry," she said, letting it swing shut. "Didn't know you were there. You all right?"

"Y-yes," Larteis said. "I'll just do better to, ah, avoid doors in the future." After a moment, he asked, "how did you sleep?"

"Hit the bed and slept like a log," she answered. "I'm starving, now! Head down to breakfast with me?" Larteis nodded, and she began to walk down the hall ahead of them, not waiting to see if they would hurry after.

After a moment, Larteis asked, "like... a log? Is that a thing people say here?"

"Ridiculous," Bellant grumbled. "Logs don't sleep. Nothing makes any sense here." Nontheless, the two still continued down the hall to breakfast.

Upon seeing the growing group of their friends at one of the tables, Avis made a beeline, promptly inserting herself into the group without asking if she was welcome. "Morning!" She said, with the sort of early morning cheer that made most groan. "What's the plan for today?" She asked the table.

As Larteis and Bellant entered the lobby, Larteis hesitated, and instead of immediately heading over to the first group he saw searched for any others. As he didn't see anyone besides the group, he crossed the room to the table, standing a short length away. Bellant stuck to his side, yawning enormously and displaying an impressive set of teeth.

-

All in all, last night had been a rather disappointing night.

The townsfolk had attempted to drive them out after the fight in the inn, which Vasma gave them credit for- it took bravery and a heavy dose of stupidity to attempt to get rid of a Jotun two men high- and herself, but she was less visibly terrifying. The bed had been hard, and she had a horrible twinge in her back. Now they were lumbering along a country road at a less than satisfying pace.

And of course, Brom chose today to spring off into the wilderness. At first, Vasma was perfectly alright with letting Tarkus retrieve his pet himself, but after a too long time lapsed in the forest, she sighed and headed in after, muttering to herself.

However, when she emerged into a small clearing and found herself staring at a large pile of dead trolls and two completely unfamiliar people, she hmphed. "You are rather good at finding fights, aren't you?" She asked Tarkus, scrutinizing the group. "Who are you two?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:56 am 

Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

The sunlight filtered into the room and hit Sirenix directly in the face. It was so much brighter up above the water than below that she instantly groaned and flopped an arm over her eyes to try and block out the intense light. No such luck there though. Finally giving up, Sirenix stood from her bed and stretched to get out the kinks in her muscles. Despite this being about her fourth night sleeping above the water, she still wasn't use to the fact that she wasn't floating in some way.

Not even noticing the chill in the air, she went about her room getting ready for the day. She had missed her chance last night, but tonight, she was going to ask to join the little group that Blake and Avis had sorta introduced her too. Though how was going to be the main question. She figured it was safer to travel in a group, not to mention they might go places she would never think or even dare to go. If she wanted to find her brother, that is how it would have to be.

Splashing the cold water up against her skin, she got dressed quickly in the clothes she wore yesterday. She had cleaned them before going to bed the night before. Namely cause she didn't want to unpack her bag and have something explode by accident.

Doing a quick check around her room to make sure she had grabbed everything (and to put off the inevitable), she started down the stars. Entering the dining room, it didn't take much to spot the people from the night before. Namely cause they were all sitting in one big huge group. That just made all her courage she had gathered upstairs fly out the window and she stood rooted to the spot. The spot that just happened to be at the bottom of the steps and that also prevented people from easily going up or down them. Oops.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:24 pm 

Original Character (1) Longest RP (2)

"Oi."

"Mhmm..."

"Oi!"

"Mmm... Is that all... You got..."

"WAKE UP YOU DAMN BROAD!"

A bucket of water was splashed over Sheo's body as Atisha stood over the larger, greener woman. Unlike Sheo, Atisha was dressed, though she was in decidedly casual wear. She still had her knives strapped onto her thigh however, and from their loosen straps it looked like Atisha was ready to use them. "Get up! You have a lot to do today, start with cleaning my staff!" Atisha's staff was sitting on the table, with a visible odor coming from it. The alftar didn't want to know what Sheo and Magnus did to it, only that Sheo cleans it. Or better yet, get her a new one. Sheo herself was still filthy from her work on Magnus's armor last night, covered in sweat, grime, and BBQ sauce. The bucket of water was just one of the first washings that Sheo would need.

Eventually the ogryen woman was able to wake and wash up on her own, which was when Atisha left her to get breakfast. She came down to the fairly empty inn where the rest of the party was. Aside from dealing with Sheo, Atisha was still interested in honing her new found Necromancy. She'd need to find Verigan as soon as possible and learn what she can from him, because they wouldn't be in the city for long. Aside from other messes brought about from her fellow travelers, they still needed to find clues about the assassins who attacked Magnus.

Eventually Atisha found Magnus, his family, and a few others gathered for breakfast. Avis got straight to the point, which was refreshing. "Indeed. Is there anything in particular we need to do today? I couldn't find any clues yesterday, so I'm hoping we could make better progress this time." Around that time Sheo came down, also casually dressed. She, fortunately, was wearing clean cloths and for once did not reek of booze. Of course it was a short term miracle because Sheo had Grog in hand, and it'll only be about an hour before she would smell like a brewery once more. She took a seat next to Atisha, busy downing her poison instead of paying attention to the group.

Eggs wrote:
I, Eggs, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Eggs, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Eggs, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Eggs, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Draconilian wrote:
I, Draconilian, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Draconilian, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Draconilian, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Draconilian, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Freeshooter92 wrote:
I, Freeshooter92, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Freeshooter92, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Freeshooter92, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Freeshooter92, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Doodleniks wrote:
I, Doodleniks, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, Doodleniks, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Doodleniks denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Doodleniks declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Shadowed wrote:
I, Shadowed, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I,Shadowed, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, Shadowed, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, Shadowed, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

Join me... And fulfill the oath.

And the blanks with your Username.

I, _______, from here on out through my entirety of my time here on this website, hereby solemnly swear my undying loyalty to LuciusCypher. I, _______, will always be at his commands without question or resistance, and I will stand by his side and oppose his enemies. I, _______, denounce any other who would attempt to sway me, as I will only be loyal to the one and only LuciusCypher, or so help me that he may do whatever he desires with my body and soul. And so I, _______, declare that I have chosen out of my own freewill to follow LuciusCypher and no other, and that I will be both his loyal servant and dedicated friend.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:09 pm 

Longest RP (1)

-Collab with Eggs-

The bell above the weapon shop’s door jingled as the door budged passed the bell. The shop wasn’t very busy, and the blacksmith certainly wasn’t. Heran walked quickly over to the blacksmith to snag his attention before he started working on anything rather important. Betrah followed behind her, being careful to not bump any of the shelves or other patrons.

“Excuse me sir, could you examine our gear and repair it if needed”? Heran asked, almost impatiently. Her fingers drumming against her sword’s hilt. Betrah placed her hand on the smaller woman’s shoulder to try and calm her impatience.

“Heran, don’t rush him, he’s a busy fellow”. Betrah smiled at the blacksmith as he wiped his hands of dust.

“I can certainly take a look at your weapons, please lay them on the table over there for me”. He pointed at a relatively clean table covered in the corners by tools.

“Thank you sir”. Betrah nodded and lightly pushed Heran towards the table. It didn’t take long for them to remove their weapons and place them on the table, nor did it take long for the smith to set about examining them for damages.

As the smith got to work looking at the weaponry, the doorbell jingled again as another customer entered the shop. This one more local, and something of a regular. Tamani at first approached the counter, but stopped halfway through a step when she saw the shop owner was already taking care of someone else. “Damn. People don’t usually come around this early,” she commented, pursing her lips slightly. Oh well, it wasn’t like she had anything else to do, so waiting her turn wouldn’t hurt.

She could at least get a question in, and did so after finishing her approach towards the table. “Did that order I put in come by yet? Bullets don’t really grow on trees around these parts, you know.” Her voice took on a playful tone obviously meant to convey a joke, delivered with some slightly exaggerated body language, hands on her hips and a lean forward. It was supposed to be faux-imposing, though her very short height sort of removed the intended effect.

Before getting an answer, her eyes trailed towards what the smith was working with. The curious mechanisms of Heran’s sword immediately caught her attention. “Oh my, that’s nice,” Tamani muttered, quite impressed by the craftsmanship of the thing. Combinations of blades and firearms were growing increasingly common, but a majority tended towards older flintlock mechanisms. This one, though, it looked like it had been crafted by a master smith. Her head tilted to put her attention on the two other ladies, and with curious inquiry, she spoke to them. “That yours?”

Heran turned towards the door as the bell jingled again. She watched as the woman entered the shop and looked from the counter to the smith. She nudged Betrah to get her her attention as the new woman walked over to the table where the smith was working currently. The woman’s joke got a small chuckle from Betrah as she eyed Heran’s sword.
“Yeah, that particular blade is mine, why, is there something wrong with it”? Heran asked, her eyes wandering down towards her sword and it’s mechanisms. She instinctively reached for her swords hilt, before realizing it was still on the table.

“Girl, sit down”, Betrah tugged Heran’s armor back down. “She’s merely admiring the craftsmanship of it”. The smith looked up from his work at the exchange and snorted out a loud exhale.

Heran’s defensive reaction made Tamani **** her eyebrow and stand up straight, her gaze shifting to Betrah when she pulled the girl back. While she didn’t say anything about it, her expression was questioning and a bit confused, though she suspected that there had to be some reason for the reaction. Moving on, she decided to answer Heran’s question. “Nothing at all, no. I’m just impressed by it, you don’t see many weapons like that with advanced mechanisms. A lot of them are just boring old tubes of gunpowder and a ball. But this is very nice.” Weapons of the sort weren’t unheard of, but the expense behind the thing’s construction must have been immense. Tamani’s own arsenal had cost quite a bit, and they were just ordinary guns.

Heran sat at Betrah’s tug and looked up at the woman as she spoke. She let out a friendly smile as her confusion had been cleared. “Thank you very much”.

“It’s not often where her sword gets complimented with out someone claiming it’s also broken, or someone trying to steal it from her, so you can see where her defensive attitude towards it comes from”. Betrah sat in a chair next to Heran and leaned back. She looked towards the newer woman and noticing the weapons she had holstered on her. “Those are very nice too”. She looked at the woman’s face. “I’m Betrah, and this Heran”.

Tamani returned the smile, accompanied by a nod, and accepted the explanation as understandable. “Ah, I’ve been in that place myself. Some people on the road think they’re entitled to take whatever they please.” She rolled her eyes, conveniently ignoring the fact that her past occupation was piracy. “I suppose it can’t be helped. Thank you, though. I’m proud of these things.” To show them off a bit more, Tamani drew the currently empty revolvers from their holsters, giving both a quick spin around her fingers. As she did that, her smile turned a bit more sly. She enjoyed showing off with them.

After a quick toss, she caught both by the barrels and held them forward, offering one each to the other women if they wanted to take a closer look. “Dvergar engineering never ceases to amaze, does it? I haven’t seen a single gun as good as these out there.” She accompanied the offer with a wink. “Name’s Tamani, by the way.”

Betrah was impressed by Tamani’s display, but Heran was visibly more impressed. Her eyes always showed more emotion than she meant to. At the woman’s offer Betrah reached out and took the guns, admiring the craftsmanship of them and the weight of them in her hand. Their weight was very balanced in her palms.

“They feel like they’ve got a good weight to them, they’re balanced for lots of firing with little recoil I assume”? Betrah phrased her response as a question while handing one back to Tamani and the other to Heran for her to hold.

“Woah, heavier than I expected”, Heran remarked, taking the gun in her right hand. She traced over the shape of it with her left and spun the clip once before handing it over. “The Dvergar do make very good weapons, my sword was made by a close friend of mine”. Heran pasued to look at the sword again. “He’s one of the best Dvergar smiths I know”.

“That they are. People don’t really expect a gun like this to fire all that fast. You can put five shots in someone before they even know what’s happening,” Tamani explained, taking back the gun that was handed to her. She gave it a few more idle spins on her finger while she watched Heran look over the other, and once both were back in her possession, she slid them into their holsters.

“I might just have to buy something from him one day.” Heran’s mention of the smith’s skills were immediately believable, especially with evidence of it on the table nearby. “Not really one for swords myself, at least most of the time, but it never hurts to have a little extra firepower laying around.” Casually, Tamani leaned on the edge of the table, looking over the sword another time. Just from looking at the mechanisms, she guessed the blade’s firearm aspects used an ammo size around the same as her own pistols, and had to wonder if she hadn’t already commissioned the smith without realizing it. “So, what brings you around these parts? I can’t imagine a Dvergar smith who could make something this nice lives down south. You must have come a long way.”

“I bet it certainly helps to keep bandits and the like at bay”, Betrah nodded at the thought. “I don’t think you’ll be buying from him anytime soon, he’s currently missing. We’re traveling to find him”. She looked over at Heran, her eyes conveying that she should keep quiet about her past or her alternate goal.

“He actually lived in the same town in Ardon as I did, he was like a father to me”. Heran spoke up, nodding at Betrah’s gaze. “He went missing a year ago and we’ve been trying to find out where he went. When he disappeared he left a note saying that the sword was a prototype of his, who knows how many more he’s made by now”. She leaned back in her chair and sighed. “I wonder where he is”.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm 

eyy, senpai!

As others came down into the lobby, Magnus and his father managed to stop themselves from their little elbow-duel, sharing a small laugh over the whole thing as they straightened themselves out. Nothing too much, just a little adjustment of the utensils they'd bumped into and a scoot back towards the table. Some idle chatter between the family followed, until Blake came along to join them. Magnus gave a welcoming smile as he drew nearer, nodding at the request. "Oh, not at all," He answered, preparing another cup of tea for him. After that, he readied some more for himself, setting the pot aside when he was done.

Avis happened upon the group with a considerably less subtle approach, and immediately got right down to business asking what things were going to be done that day. After a sip of his drink, Magnus set the cup down and considered their options. "Good morning," he began politely. "As of now? It's getting as far out of town as we can manage. The directions in that journal we took are still our best lead at the moment, so we'll be heading a bit south." He leaned back and patted around at the bags on his belt, drawing a variety of objects from them that they'd obtained from the assassins back at Goldenburgh. The leather bound journal, a gem-encrusted tree amulet, and the magic ring. At the arrival of Atisha and Sheo, Magnus spoke up a bit more so the whole table could hear him.

Opening the book, he turned the pages to the entries read before. "It says here that their next destination is in Marveila. Some sort of congregation is being held there. I doubt it's in town, but the area around it shouldn't be too hard to search through until we find them." He paused, and moved his hand towards the amulet, lifting it up to compare it to a stamp on the page. Writing about the necessity of a symbol of faith to find the meeting was on the page below the explicit target zone, and if Magnus had to guess, the more decorative necklace was a key of some sort. He could definitely feel something coming off it, a sort of spiritual energy that may have been reactive with his miracles. A thing he wanted to test, but not before they left. They'd drawn enough attention to themselves that day already.

"If nothing else, I want answers as to why all this is happening. I understand if anyone wants to leave at this point. Running head-on into a meeting of theirs, well, it must not be the most attractive plan." He frowned a little, expression growing more serious. "But I'm going to figure all this out. Stop it, if I can. I don't want these people hurting anyone else, and that includes all of you." This crazy quest to unravel a mystery that had plagued the country for ages now must have seemed pointless, if not outright suicidal. Indeed, he had his doubts that there would be success at all, but he couldn't risk just sitting around and doing nothing. He knew that other people would be harmed, and that they would inevitably come for him again. A life spent constantly looking over his shoulder wasn't one he wanted to live.

Setting the amulet back down, Magnus steepled his fingers and took a deep breath, closing his eyes. He remained silent, clearly in prayer, for the next few moments. Good fortune and success were things he hoped for, of course, but moreover he desired protection. Not merely for himself, but for the entirety of this group. A ragtag band of strangers, drawn together over his own tragedy. If any of them were hurt because of him, he couldn't forgive himself. When he finished, he opened his eyes again and spoke up once more.

"There's a train station here that heads south. It should take us to Marveila. From there, after...whatever happens, then I'd suggest we go north. We have family up there, a safe place to hide out for a while. And you two," He turned his attention to his parents. "Can stay there. I don't want either of you risking yourselves any more than you already have, alright?"

Sigurd gave a short chuckle. "Ah, don't you worry yourself over me, boy. I fought off a hundred men once, you know! Some tree-hugging bastards won't keep me down."

"It was more like ten, dear, and that was over twenty years ago." Hilde patted the old man's shoulder, and while the tenacity was still admirable, he hardly believed in limits. "I'm sure Annika will let us stay there for as long as we need. Just do try to keep in touch while you're out on the road?"

Magnus smiled at the exchange, though beneath the obvious amusement, there were hints of sadness. "Of course. Maybe she'll finally have those mailboxes done by the time we get there." He twiddled his thumbs uneasily, and turned back towards the group. "If anyone needs to make any last supply runs before we head out, now's the time. The train will take us out of here before noon."

-----

Tarkus made a sort of noise that suggested agreement at Floriad's quip. She was very much right; Tarkus shouldn't have been in Ardon, and would have very much preferred to remain in the comfort of his home. Things being as they were, this was no longer an option. Regardless, he was here now, and something about those trolls was obviously wrong. While he didn't offer much comment, he swung his sword away to get some of the blood off of it, then held the weapon over the bonfire full of troll corpses. The blood quickly ignited, and as it was a thin layer, evaporated away with little fanfare. Before it got too hot, he moved it away from the flames and slid it into its resting point on his back.

"There are many to be had here. And they claim the south is more civilized," Tarkus answered in regards to Vasma's comment on the approach. "They helped. Something is wrong here. The trolls are moving far out of their territory. It may have something to do with what we are looking for." While there were no concrete answers as to what was spooking the creatures yet, Tarkus' experience as a hunter in his youth gave him a familiarity with the beasts. Never had he seen them chased so far into the south. Perhaps a mystical presence was disturbing them? Who could know. It was worth investigation, however.

"We should head towards where they came from. If something made them leave, then we will find it." He turned towards Silas and Floriad once more, parroting the Meerah's inquiry to them. "Yes, what are your names?"

-----

Tamani couldn't help but frown a bit. Heran's explanation of disappearances wasn't unheard of thanks to all the mysterious vanishing folks tended to do nowadays. "Goodness, who isn't going missing anymore?" She responded, closing her eyes and shaking her head a bit. "Sorry, I mean, a lot of people have gone missing recently. Wherever he's at, I hope he's better off than the rest of them." While assumptions on the matter were very understandable given the amount of people who were affected by the wave of disappearance, she had to way to tell if that was what happened or not.

Of course, the discussion wasn't quite over. She was curious about the situation in general. An encounter with a weird fellow speaking to her about religious terms, along with someone coming along and telling her that an acquaintance had gone missing, both made her very inquisitive. While there was some hesitation to throw herself at a dangerous situation, these ladies seemed pleasant enough. And she wanted to get herself a nice reward from that missing friend of theirs if they could find him. Pursing her lips off to the side, she tapped her heel on the ground while she thought, deciding to go on and ask. Why not, after all? The worst they could do was not agree to her request.

"Where is it you're headed? Surely you have a path of some sort you're on?" She hoped they did, at least. If not, a little research wouldn't hurt. "Depending on where it takes you, I may be inclined to offer my services. It always helps to have someone watching your back, especially if that someone can blast whoever's coming from 100 yards away." The not-so-subtle brag was accompanied by a steadily widening smile, and while it was sincere, her mouth full of very sharp teeth was a tad intimidating.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:25 am 

Long, well-muscled arms stretched up into the morning light from under a large blanket thrown down on a soft patch of grass, hands bending back at the wrist and circling about. One steel-plated hoof poked out from the other end, and a muffled yawn echoed about the small clearing Kaya had picked for herself. She tossed the blanket aside with an enthusiastic motion and struggled to sit upright for a second, blinking her light brown eyes to get the sleep out of them. Her bulky hindquarters seemed to protest for a second before she hauled in her back legs and sat up. Another bit of strain got her upright and on her hooves. She wriggled and hand through her hair, tousled as it was from her outdoor rest, and she set about putting it into it’s normal braid, scooping hair up and over her ears to keep them mobile.

She kicked the blanket off of her gear, hauling out the first of many pieces of armour. Padding across her bare flesh, then the thick leather backing to keep the chainmail from digging into it. She tossed the chain over her hindquarters as easily as most people draped blankets, though with considerably more noise. The jingling startled a few birds out of the branches above, setting her ears twitching to track movement. The long, arduous process of strapping plates on took a handspan of the sun, causing her to frown. She was getting lazy. She belted on her sword and axe, hung the shield, flipped her bags over her flanks, settled her javelins in place,and took up her spear with probably more alacrity than absolutely necessary, but she was annoyed with herself. After all, it’s not like these lands are certain safety. But she had been overjoyed the evening before to find such a glade, smelling of trees. A pond have given her a bath, and if she was very lucky today, she could refresh her food supplies and perhaps find some work, assuming their was a village nearby. Settling her great helm at the small of her back on a hook specifically for that purpose, she nodded to herself curtly. Today would be a good day.

As she set off out of the glade and towards where she remembered the road through this area to be, Kaya reached along her flank, into one of her bags, and pulled out a small, flat loaf of bread and some dried beef. She chewed as she walked, oblivious to sounds of ambush because between the jingling and clanking of her armour and the crunch of her hooves along the turf. She made quite the racket, though not as much as in the cities, where she had been likened to a wandering blacksmith’s shop. While her armour was well-fitted, she was the only Epona she knew of who wore heavy armour like this, and whichever smith the Hellcats had gone to was not precisely familiar with combining barding and rider plate. Still, it had saved her on numerous occasions, and she would not be unthankful, even if her awareness suffered for it.

The road led east for quite some time, and Kaya finished her breakfast before she came upon an intersection. No signs gave any indication what lie south or north, so it seemed she must make a decision. She tried calling to mind what might be in this area, but her brain threw a blank. As she studied the ruts and divots in the road to make some sort of sense of them, a peculiar and terrible smell wafted into her nostrils. Part of her instincts nearly made her rear. Fire in the forest! RUN! But she fought this down, and sniffed the air again, her long ears rotating in their small capacity to try and find a sound to direct her. This didn’t smell of forest fire, more like cooking meat. But meat gone horribly foul, and too much hair.

A battle? In the woods!? Despite the incredulity in her thoughts, she swiftly coiled her hair into a rough bun and settled her helm onto her head, unslung her shield, and broke into a trot south, towards where she thought the smell was coming from. Her spear rested along her flank, ready to be couched if necessary. Her armour typically made announcing her presence superfluous.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:03 pm 

Longest RP (2) Dedicated Partner (1)

Silas and Floriad remained uncharacteristically quiet as they watched the flames ignite on the Jotun’s sword. Silas just sort of stared while Floriad was busy readjusting her hair and her hat, and slung her staff behind her back for safekeeping. She walked over to her Dokkalfr companion and leaned on him as though he was some sort of tree. He made a noise, but Floriad didn’t budge.

“Maybe they’re enjoying the nice southern weather?” Floriad offered, half-jokingly, gesturing outwards with her hand. It was mostly rhetorical, so she didn’t bother waiting for anyone to answer. She blinked when she saw the Meerah approach, but seeing as she was with the Jotun, Floriad didn’t particularly care. “Oh! I’m Floriad. And this is my valet, Silas,” she proclaimed, holding her hands out to behold the Dokkalfr to her side. Her wings flapped idly as she did so.

“I’ll swat you,” Silas warned, giving the Sidhe a good glare before breaking it off. “Like a bug.” He folded his arms, which was a weak attempt at shoving Floriad off his person. “And… your names?” the Dokkalfr asked evenly, dragging his mace from the ground and into his firm grip, and then sheathing it. There were still troll-chunks in it that would have to take more finesse to remove, but he figured he could do that later when there was no one present.

Before anyone could say their names to the duo, Floriad pointed across from the troll encrusted landscape. “Woah, Nelly,” muttered Floriad, which earned her a quizzical look from Silas. Even Vival seemed confused by her sudden outburst, and he sniffed the ground to see what she was going on about. Even though he could not understand words, he knew that Floriad was drawing attention to something.

Before Silas saw anything, but the sound of armor clicking made him tighten his grip on mace, but Floriad swatted his hand off. Instead, Floriad took off, the wind beneath her moth wings blowing Silas’s hair back. Vival ducked to avoid the breeze. In midair Floriad changed back to her small size, fluttering in the air over towards the newcomer. “Hello!” she called, cupping her hands for added volume, and then giving the Epona a small wave with a tiny hand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:49 pm 

Since the others seemed willing to let others into the group, Larteis pulled up a chair and sat down. Avis noticed him out of the corner of her eye and, after she was done with the bread and butter dish on the table, shoved it his way. After a moment's hesitation, he spread a thin layer of butter on a slice for himself and gave Bellant a slice. The drake chewed and swallowed it, although he hoped they would have a more substantial breakfast than a slice of bread.

However, Magnus' speech had a sobering effect on the table. It was sometimes easy to forget why the group was together, but for better or for worse, that strange event in Magnus' shop had brought them all together. Avis wrinkled her nose, wondering what would happen next. "Well," she said, "Marveila's a good as place to go as any." She took another bite of bread, chewing contentedly. Truthfully, she was a little uncertain about what would happen next on their journey, and whether going to Marveila was actually a good idea or not. But she supposed they didn't know until they tried.

Larteis fidgeted anxiously with his cuffs as Magnus talked. He was hardly familiar with Marveila, but the idea of going to where more people who were totally prepared to kill him were made him more than a little nervous. Still, he owed it to his sister to see this to the end- these people had taken or killed her, and if he just looked the other way he would be even more of a coward than he already was. He was already running away from his duties as an Ilutent. He couldn't also let his sister's killers something he ran away from as well.

-

Vasma took in the rather odd pair- a Sidhe girl and a talk Dokkalfr. Of course, she and Tarkus were a strange sight as well, so she couldn't really comment. She began to introduce herself, but was stopped when Floriad noticed the newcomer. Vasma turned to see what the fuss was about, but like Silas readied her staff at the distinctive sound of clinking armor.

However, into view came a four legged Epona trotting towards them. Her armor made her seem hostile, but she wasn't brandishing weapons. She could just be taking precautions. Still, Vasma did not let her guard down. "My, this is a popular spot in the forest," she said, eying the Epona. "Hello, there," she called out. "There were some trolls here a few minutes ago, I'd be careful in these woods if I were you." She supposed the dead trolls strewn around the clearing made this rather obvious, but she said it anyway before the newcomer could assume something else had taken place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:36 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Sitting up in their tiny, one bed, cupboard of a room, Anora lay hunched over on her side. For the past hour as her companions got ready for the day ahead, she had been nursing her first ever hangover. Like any hangover she was a mess, sweat poured off her face onto the soft fabric of the sheets beneath her while her head pounded as if it were a war drum being played on march to war. She was a mess to say the least, she had avoided binge drinking like the plague in the past yet she still got more drunk than she has ever been before. Her bed lay across the room from the door and her path from the night before was clear. Her bow lay in the middle of the room, dropped as she was dragged across the room by her helping friend. It was evident that she had tried to walk and grab it the night before, the table near the doorway was knocked on it's side and the rest of her stuff was strewn across the nearby floor with an arrow sitting in the shower. But a familiar voice pierced the silence of her room, and made her headache that much worse.

You know you should probably get up.” Ardur spoke in-between bites of bread he had somehow acquired.

A groan escaped her lips as her hand quickly shot to her head. “Oh gods above.” She spoke in a slightly slurred voice. She was obviously still feeling the effects of the alcohol from the night before. Her eyes danced underneath her eye lids before they slowly began to open, wincing as the light of the new day began to filter in. “How much did I drink last night?

A lot.” Ardur said as he chewed through another piece of bread. “Surprised you could stomach all that.

Anora grunted as she tried to sit up in the bed, slowly rising as her eyes remained squinted. Her arm quickly shot to her chest and her eyes shot open before they shot back to a near closed state. “I am still in armor?” She asked

Yeah.” Ardur spoke as he swalloed the last of the bread.

I feel so” Pausing as she reached her hand up to her head and groaned once more. “terrible.

Ardur laughed as he quickly rose from the chair where he was sitted as he walked over to the sink, located on the right side of the doorway halfway in-between it and where the bed was located. Inside the sink was a metal bucket filled to the brim with water as cold as ice itself. With his right hand, he grabbed a hold of the rim and lifted it up. Slowly he brought it close to the bed side of Anora, before leaning over and placed it on the ground. Ardur backtracked for a second before he found the chair in the middle of the room and sat back down.

How's yours side?” He asked.

Anora's hand quickly shot down to her side as a flood of pain forced it's way into her head. She had never been hurt this bad. Not knowing if she could not walk distances or not, she decided to lie. “It hurts.” Pausing as she opened her eyes all the way this time. “But I will be fine.” She finished as her eyes slowly moved towards the water filled bucket on the floor. She eyed it up for a second before she looked back towards Ardur, and let out a loud yawn as she spoke.

What's the water for?” She finished as she spread her arms out wide and stretched.

To wake you up of course.” He paused as he stood up, walked back towards the bed, and picked up the bucket of water. “If you dunk your head in it you will feel much better. Trust me.

Anora waved her hands above her body, warding off the cold dunk for now. “I should be fine.” She threw her legs over the edge of the bed, allowing her feet to touch the floor beneath her, while her head found itself cradled in her arms. Her hand quickly shot to her stomach as her head lurched forward a bit. “Oh god.” She blurted out seconds before her words were followed by a torrent of vomit.

Oh ****.” Ardur said as he threw the water out of the bucket, and placed it down in front of Anora. He quickly sat down next to her, his right hand on her right shoulder and his left mirroring it. “If it wants up then let it out.” He said as he firmed his grip on her shoulder.

A knock on the door was quickly followed by Cyrus entering the room. “The rest are meeting downstairs, best for us-” Pausing as he took in the view of Anora before an angered look fell across his face. “You fool!” He said as he pointed out Ardur.

What did I-” Ardur started.

You let her get drunk!” He spoke as he moved across the move in as few strides as possible. “I must check her side, make sure nothing tore.” Placing a heavy hand on Ardur's shoulder. “You go downstairs and learn what our plans are, my granddaughter will come with you.

But I-” Ardur tried to protest. He quickly realized the man was right and he stood up. “Anora, I will make sure there is some food ready for you.” Ardur spoke as he turned around and exited the room, forgetting to close the door on his way out. Selen was quick to follow from her hiding place in the hallway downstairs.

Cyrus stood up and moved across the room and closed the door. He swiftly found his way back to the bedside next to Anora. “Let me check on your stitches.

Why do you dislike Ardur, if I may ask.” She meakly spoke. She carefully removed the armor from her side and lifted her shirt just enough to show her stitches.

He is reckless.” He bluntly responded. His eyes carefully scanned the stitches and the area around it.

Yes he is.” She responded with a laugh.

He has no control over his potent magic.” He continued with a stern voice. “He responds to adversity by fanning the flames of contact.” He said as he shot his hand into the air, as if to add a dramatic flair. “He has much to learn and no will to learn, that is why I dislike him.

He is loyal.” Anora quipped. “Friendly to a fault, he is as fierce as they come to a fight.” She paused as a slight groan escaped her lips as Cyrus pressed down on the surgery site. “Did I-” Pausing as she looked away from Cyrus. “Did they tear?

No.” Pausing as a small smirk spread across his face. “You are none the less a fool for putting yourself in that situation.” He said as he moved his body back and faced the door. His hand firmly placed itself near the bottom of his beard and he began to stroke it. “I might have enough energy to finish the job now, if you so wish.” He said as he looked back towards Anora.

Can you cure me of this head ache, and nausea.” Anora weakly asked. "I can handle the pain in the side, but this bloody hangover is killing me."

Ah yes, I know just the magic spell to cast.” Cyrus said as he shot up quickly.

You can cure this?” She said as a shocked expression fell upon her face.

Oh the cure to what hurts you,” The man spoke as he moved silently across the floor, each step taking a painful second. “Oh for that I have just the fix.

Well cure me.” She pleaded. “Don't be rude and show it to me!

Well I need one key ingredient to make this spell work.” Cyrus shot back in response. His body stopped moving as it settled above the sink. His hand shot out and grabbed hold of a cup that adorned a small cabinet located just above. He moved the cup underneath the faucet of the sink, before he slowly turned the handle to let lose the torrent. Slowly the water began to trickle out and fill the cup beneath it.

Water?” Anora asked as she lowered her shirt to cover the wound. “Water is the the key to this spell, yes?” Her voice did not hide her excitement.

Yes.” Cyrus said. “Yes water is key to this spell.” Cyrus said as his free hand stopped the water flow.

Well cast your fancy magic and make me be gone of this dreadful headache.” Anora said as she readied herself for the spell.

Drink this.” Cyrus responded in a chipper tone. “This is the spell.

What?” Anora responded as her eyebrows shot up. “A glass of water?

There is no magic that I know which can fix what ails you, I'm afraid.” Cyrus spoke as he handed her the cup of water. “I am sorry but you must suffer the consequences of your choices last night.” He said as a smile spread across his face.

A frown spread across her face as she heard his response. A part of her fully expected that he would be able to get rid of this headache, and at the very least help settle the rumbling feeling in her stomach. With a pained look she lifted the glass and took a sip, lowering it for just a second before her hand rushed it back and began to down the water at a fast rate.

Let's join the group downstairs.” Cyrus said as he moved towards the door.

I'll meet you down in a few.” Anora responded. “I need to ready myself for the day.” She finished as her eyes lingered on the shower in the corner.

“It probably works.” Cyrus said as he opened the door and took a step out. “Probably as cold as mine was.” He said as he flashed a smile before he waved goodbye and closed the door.

Anora quickly undressed, turned on the shower and entered the cold stream. She spent only a few moments under the cold water, and soon enough she was standing in front of a mirror fully dressed once more. Her face was devoid of all her usual war paint, washed away by the torrent of water moments before. She slowly walked back to the middle of the room and began to look through the piles of her stuff on the floor, locating a pair of identical brown jars that housed the war paint used on her face and her lips, and made her way back to the mirror and began to pain on her familiar stripes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
At the bar.

Your grandfather is a jerk, you know that Selen?” Ardur spoke as he entered the lobby of the tavern. He stopped moving as he could not locate Magnus and their group right away. His head bobbed as he scanned over the establishment, before he located his group. He moved to the bar, got the bartenders attention with a tap on the bar top. “Two plates of whatever breakfast special you have.” Ardur motioned for Selen. “You hungry?

No.” She responded shyly. “One could say the same about you.” She spoke matter-of-fact. "Allowing your wounded friend to get drunk?"

Whatever you say.” Ardur sarcastically responded. He turned his attention back to the bartender and asked if he could bring the food to their table when it was ready. “Let us make our way to the group.

A nervous look fell over Selen's face at the mention of meeting everyone. She had only met Magnus outside of Anora and Ardur, and the large female was imposing to say the least. A disgusted look fell over her face as she eyed up the grog being drunk so early in the day. Thedas even was scared as it climbed onto her back and just peaked over the top of her shoulder.

The monkey is cute. What is his name?” Ardur spoke as he began to walk towards the group, but stopped when he noticed Selen was still standing still. “Are you coming?” He asked.

Thedas.” She responded with a small smile. “His name is Thedas, and I will in a moment.” She paused as she took a seat at the bar. “I will wait for my grandfather.” She responded.

Thedas is an unusual name for a pet, what made you choose it?” Ardur asked as he walked a step back towards Selen but stopped as he noticed a pained expression fall upon the young girls face. “Never mind, I'll see you when you come over.” He said, not wanting to poke the emotional bear buried deep within the girl.

Ardur walked over to the table and announced his presence with a loud, boastful voice with arms stretched out. “Good morning! I hope you all slept well, what is our plan for the day?” Ardur asked as he found an open seat and sat down.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Cyrus was down not long after and noticed his granddaughter was sitting alone and away from the group. He quickly walked to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder. “Why are you sitting alone?

Just observing our new group from a far.” She said with a soft smile. “Not your usual company grandfather.” She said as her eyes fell on the large woman once again. “Drinking so early, is she part beast or something?”

She is something.” He joked. “A beast she is not, however.” He sad as he gave her a strong tug on the shoulder. “Let us introduce ourselves.

The two quickly made their way to the table. “Hello.” Pausing as he allowed the groups attention to be given to them. “I have met a few of you already, but my name is Cyrus and this is Selen.” He said as he motioned for Selen. “We would like to accompany you all on your journey and lend our healing skills if ever you need it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A man that was sitting near their group had gotten out of his seat, and left the tavern without paying his tab. He was tall, well built and without a single hair on his head or face. The bartender shouted out the door, saying he'll add it to his tab when he returns during the night before complaining of his regulars and their habits.

The man walked down the street and into a nearby alleyway, coming face to face with Lason.

“So?” Lason asked.

"I have some information for you."
The man replied in a hoarse voice.

“Your wife and kids hope so." Lason responded

The man looked at Lason as sweat began to drip off his forehead. “I know where they will head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next