All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mageware
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Stal looked straight into a pair of bright red eyes.

‘Laser light? No, not technological it passes through the web. Magic then. How is it contained in a robotic form? Glowing brighter now. Warning? No they always shoot to kill. I should put my spell up. A shield would be nice right NOW!’

“Selistio!”

Stal brought up his shield just in time to avoid being blown to bits by the mageware’s red beam. ‘This is not going to be easy’, he thought.

Stal was determined to catch and study one of these droids, and figure out, where they were coming from. He had planned, a few days ago, to leave tracks, bringing the droid near his camp, and ambush it, when it arrived. However the droid was smarter then Stal thought and as a result…

“Cutrab!”

‘A cube of solid air, brought down around him should keep him in his plac–‘

The droid broke through the hardened air and charged at Stal, extending razor sharp pointers. Stal muttered a word of magic and jumped, clearing the robot by at least fifteen feet. As the robot tried to turn around it’s momentum brought it directly into a magical trap Stal had set up. The ground collapsed on it burying under mounds of dirt. Whirring noises came from beneath the pile of dirt, but no movement occurred.

‘Well. That wasn’t so bad. Now how the hell am I going to move this thing?’

Stal sat down, and caught his breath, looking around miserably at the sky. He had to move soon, there were trackers in these droids, it had become common knowledge. And when one found somebody…

‘Why do I get myself into this ****?’

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Mageware
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:33 pm 

Blog: View Blog (7)

Something stirred in the dusty, empty building. A woman? The dark haired man drew his gun, trained it on the slim figure. "Who goes there?!" He shouted. The woman's face obscured by strawberry blond hair, she stumbled, apparently weak. "Hey, you ok?" He stood, leaving the light of the campfire. Light filtered in between the boards covering the windows. Her form shook slightly, fear? "Can you hear me ok?" he asked her, his hand reaching out to her arm.

"Don't touch me!" Her voice was a shrill scream. He drew back, his hand landing on his gun once more. Her head jerked, showing her face, twisted in a mix of phobia and hatred. one eye, exposed to light was a pale blue, the other, glowed softly of pink. Her form stood, shaking in the dark of the building. The man drew his gun slowly.

"A physical." At this, she loosed up, relaxing, her shoulders dropping, giving her an almost relaxed pose.

"Typical human misunderstanding. response to unknown: fear."

"I aint afraid of you, you best be afraid of this." he waved his gun.

"HA!" She tensed a little more, her shoulders gaining a natural posture. she wore rags, her pale skin almost ceramic in appearance. "You're pulse has nearly doubled in the last five seconds... that's not including the initial spike." She sounded mechanical, like it wasn't a girl talking at all.

With a swift drop, and sweep, her leg shot out, and before he knew it, the man was on his back, the woman standing over him, her leg held up, ready to end him. "N...." Crunch.

Alice walked out of the abandoned building, cringing slightly at the sun, which seemed to bear down on her in judgment. She made her way through the ghost town. She shivered suddenly. "Magic." She glared. She knew there was a magic user about, but couldn't place where. Beep. What was... Beep. The man's gun? Beep. No. Beep. Stop it! Beep. Where is that coming from!? Beep. My left? Beep. Alice stared on in a frenzy, running toward the source of the sound, she could hear it so clearly. Beep. Beep. It got faster. Am I close? Where... Beep.

Silence. Magic.

The feel of it lingered in the air, and Alice could almost taste it. She turned, the man's gun cracked, barely usable, she pointed it randomly, until her gaze fell upon a man. A human!? NO! She gritted her teeth. She neared the man, a rage burning in her eyes. Whir. She felt the ground move. She jumped back, to see that she had been standing on a mound of dirt that was... whirring? it was moving, almost like the beating of a heart, and somewhere inside was... a whir. A robotic whir. Mageware. No doubt it had useful parts. She had been needing a new interface to stop the methodical computer from altering her thoughts, a new laser sight, her's was outdated, and she hated green. She stared hungrily at the mound, ignoring the man. With a soft thud, she fell to her knees, and began clawing at the ground, digging to the whir. She had to have it! Her eyes were wide, her face bore a smile and she dug using pale, fragile-looking hands.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace