All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dead And Buried.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Raina stepped soundlessly around the corner of the high street, looking up and down she noted a small group of people, all human.
Smiling she approached them and tapped one on the shoulder, it was a man in his mid-twenties.
No ring, he wasn't married, and by the looks of him wasn't taken in any relation-ship.
Flashing another smile she stared at him and gestured him to follow, you wouldn't expect many people to be so dim.
Leading him, down the street she came, she lead him into an alley before feeding on him, and snapping his neck, to be left for dead.

"Purple haze is all in my brain, lately things don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky," - Jimi Hendrix
'99 % carbohydrate 1% childrens soul'
"Remember how it feels when someone you love leaves you, or dies. Would it have hurt so much if you didn't care?" - Mikkeneko

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Dead And Buried.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 am 

Elsewhere in the city, at near the same time of night, someone else was on the hunt. A pair of the Undead, relatively new to their abilities and Turned in the last decade, were ready for their most recent meal. A teenage girl, under age for the club the man and woman had found her in, lay unconscious and bound to park bench inside one of the city parks, isolated and desolate at such a late hour.

The pair of Vampires liked to toy with their food, and they sat on either side of the unconscious girl, chatting about pointless trivial things while waiting for the girl to awaken. Their hunter couldn't hear a word of it, as he was laying in the bushes a few hundred meters up the narrow forested trail. He was calm, and had been following his prey for hours that night before they finally came to that park bench. It hadn't taken him long to retrieve his weapon and take his position, but there was some faint concern that he would take too long setting up, that the poor girl would wake up and be killed before he could strike.

But, finally he was in place, the cap of his rifle's scope flipped up, the night vision scope flicked on, infrared laser designator, invisible to the naked eye, turned on, and he adjusted his position to get a proper eye relief. The two sat perfectly in line with each other, and he grinned faintly as he centered the rifle's sights on the back of the male Vampire's head. The girl was stirring, and the two Vampires grinned at each other, canines gleaming faintly in the glow of the park lights.

The girl's eyes opened, confusion and fear gnawing at the edges of her mind as she realized she was tied up, that she couldn't move. Then she saw them above her, and her eyes widened in fear...the rifle was silenced, of course, and the 7.62mm sub-sonic round let out a faint pop when he finally squeezed the trigger. Naturally, it was just loud enough for the Vampires to have heard it, but as quick as they were it wasn't enough to defeat a bullet already in the air.

A small hole appeared in the back of the male's head, straight through and into the female's head. Their eyes bugged wide, then awareness fled. They crumbled to the ground on either side of the bench, leaving the girl screaming in pure terror, thrashing maddly to try and escape her bonds. And he simply collected his things, packed up the rifle, and vanished into the night. It wouldn't be long before the police arrived, responding to an anonymous call.

Hardly an hour later Adam sat in an all-night diner not far from where Raina had made her own kill of the night. Well dressed, in a simple but neatly tailored black suit, tie loosened and top button undone, he enjoyed a late dinner of coffee and pancakes, a newspaper open at his side. At first glance, he might seem a pleasant businessman late from work and enjoying either a very late supper or a very early breakfast before heading home from the office. Or perhaps back to work after a brief meal break. The only odd part were his shoes. Rather then the regular dress shoes of an office worker, his were neatly polished black leather combat boots, well broken in. There was also a hint of grass stains on his knees and elbows, and just the faintest of hints of gunpowder about him, although it would take a very sensitive nose to notice that.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 am 

Raina looked around, most of the coffee shops were closed and she really wanted to sit somewhere inside, she couldn't feel the cold much any more, but she hated the rain.
She let down her hair and walked further down the road, walking through the park was quicker than walking around.
When she got to the park she froze, she could see two bodies lying up ahead, both vampires.
Swallowing she switched to infra red and searched around, she couldn't see anyone hiding so she was safe at least.
Switching back to normal sight she walked past the bench and looked down upon the dead vampires.
Didn't know them.
Shrugging she walked on ahead, and looked up at thee sky, if she wasn't quick it was going to pour down, and she'd be caught in it.
Entering a near by Diner Raina walked up the the counter ordering a Hazelnut coffee.
Once she got her drink she scanned the room and sat down in a booth, a booth opposite the table to which Adam sat.

"Purple haze is all in my brain, lately things don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky," - Jimi Hendrix
"Remember how it feels when someone you love leaves you, or dies. Would it have hurt so much if you didn't care?" - Mikkeneko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:31 am 

Adam would occasionally twitch his paper to better read one article or another, all the while neatly dicing pancakes with fork and eating. They certainly weren't the best pancakes he had ever eaten, but for the hour and for how hungry he was, they certainly did the trick. He hardly glanced up when he heard the door open; the place was near deserted, only a pair of homeless gents off in a corner booth nursing cups of coffee and near-stale muffins and baked goods at the end of their shelf life, given to the homeless only at such late hours and only when there was a bit left after the day's business.

A pleasant looking woman, certainly. Tiny, such that a strong gust of wind was likely to carry her off, and he let out a quiet chuckle at the thought; no doubt a dozen strong limbed lads would be hurrying off to catch her should she be carried away in a stiff breeze. Soon enough the girl was seated at an adjacent booth, and Adam cast her another glance. He still had a North American accent, even after a couple years in Australia. "Evening. Boyfriend do something stupid to cause you to be out and about this late?"

His tone was warm and pleasantly teasing; why else might she be at a diner at such an hour? Especially on the verge of a storm. Possibly fresh from a party, judging by how she was dressed...he had no reason to suspect it was her day-to-day (or night-to-night?) clothes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 am 

Raina looked up and caught Adams gaze, startled she smiled.
It was rare that she actually was spoken to.
"No, I don't have one, just was out.. and this was the closest place that served coffee"
Raina studied him for a moment, he was smartly dressed in a suit, and had the air of someone who was well mannered, but wouldn't hesitate if something were to happen.
She sipped her coffee and shot him another smile.
"So what brings you out here in this weather, It's going to pour down in any second."her Irish accent, just noticeable when she spoke.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:26 pm 

He grinned and shrugged mysteriously, turning his gaze back to the newspaper as if to finish reading an article, pausing as he took a sip of his coffee, "Yep it is, ma'am. But, the rain here is a bit warmer then back home. Not so bad really." He then twitched the paper again, neatly folding it in half and setting it aside, tossing the last bite of his pancakes downrange, chased with a last sip of his coffee. "Had some work to do that went much later then I had hoped, ma'am. And, like you said, only place nearby with coffee."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:08 pm 

Raina crossed her legs and cupped her hands over her knee.
"Yes, the rain in a lot warmer here, especially compared to Ireland" She smiled and looked at her coffee.
"Ah, I see, you can call me Raina by the way." Removing her hands from her knees she took another sip of coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 pm 

"Ireland? Never been. Been through the airport in London a dozen times or more, but haven't really seen any of the city from ground level." He shrugged appologetically, well aware that England and Ireland are very different places, but they're close on a map, and it was the closest he had been. He finished his coffee and neatly tidied up his space, setting utensils, cup and napkins onto the plate until there was no trace that he had just ate, "I'm Adam."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am 

Raina grinned and nodded.
"It's not all that great anyway, you're not missing much" She smiled again and tied her hair back up in her usuall loose ponytail.
"Nice to meet you Adam, you come here often after work gets to much?" She took another sip of her cofee inhaling the aroma.
Looking down at her outfit she grinned, eventually she'd need to get some modern clothes, but until then she liked the odd looks she got, and some of the more admiring ones.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 am 

He shook his head, glancing around the quiet diner. "No, not very often. My job has me moving around a lot, no office desk to lock me down." He left it at that; she could ask him what he did and he'd probably tell her (his day job at least), and if she didn't, well, it just gave him that pleasant air of mystery. The fingers of one hand briefly drummed across the table top, to the tempo of an old marching song before he stilled his hand once more.

He turned a bit in his booth, resting one arm across the back of the bench, other fisted on the table, and brought one booted foot up to rest on the opposite knee, sitting comfortably and facing her a bit more directly. "Sorry to ask, but are you in a play or something? I mean, the clothes are certainly flattering, but the advent of the zipper and such sort of killed the full lace corset didn't it?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 am 

Raina nodded.
"Move around a lot? Nice, I move quite often, I can't stick to one place for to long.."
Raina grinned and shook her head slowly.
"Day wear" She shrugged and laughed slightly.
"I just find that if I wear what's familiar to me, I can get on with my life..if that makes sense." Se placed her hands in her lap and her eyes drifted to his boots.
"Not the usuall foot wear to wear with a suit?" She smiled then took another sip of coffee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:51 am 

"I try not to either." He grinned as she indicated his boots, shrugging and using her own saying against her, "I stick to what I know. They're comfortable, good ankle support, and easy to polish." He didn't read anything into her statement about her clothes; that she stuck to what was familiar to her, and that it was so outdated. Some people were just different, they liked older things. Or some people liked the cutting edge of modern fashion...something he really didn't understand.