All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruhn'al Aurinku Sverrir
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:38 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

(Note; This a complete shot in the dark, so I’m fully expecting to have loads of things wrong with it. Backstory isn’t good at the moment, and not the best writing! I’ll probably develop her as I begin to RP with her. When everything that’s necessary is done! I'm still pretty clueless about the world.)

Full Name: Ruhn’al Aurinku Sverrir

Species: Ferret

Place of Birth: One of the ranches in the Northern mountain ranges

Rank and Title: Roc Breeder

Appearance:
Ruhn stands abnormally small at 2’9. Her fur is mostly white, but is tinted with quite a few silver/grey furs, especially along her face and back. She wears light clothing, often coloured in bright colours such as red and orange, but otherwise white. She wears a string around her neck with one blood red feather attached to it from Asini (her roc). A long gash runs down her back, black and old, though it will never heal. The scar is from a time when she fell from her roc and badly gashed her back on a sharp rock, when her bird got a bit frisky and excited. Though it wasn't Asini, it was another younger roc whom she had taken out for the first time. Ruhn swears Asini would never do anything like that.

Family:
Mother: Alive, living on ranch
Father: Alive, on ranch
Brother: Supposedly dead, missing in action

Friends:To be developed in RPs

Enemies: To be developed

Love Life: None

Likes: Rocs, hunting, music, family, nature and the mountains.

Hates: Fire, magic, arrogance

Fears: Death, fire, magic, small spaces

Strengths:
-Very good with Rocs
-Good at hunting and able to handle spears well

Weaknesses:
-Because of her height and strength she can't use any particularly heavy weapon.
-Quite weak and clumsy when using a sword or any heavier weapon.

Weaponry and Gear:
A light, roc-bone spear

Dagger for cutting up meat

Pouch for smaller prey and bones

Training:
Basic combat

Hunting using spear:

History:
Character Biography;
Ah, you wish to learn my story? Well then, I'm afraid it is not one of adventure and excitement, but if you really want to know, I will tell you.
I was born on the ranch, and I was brought up alongside the rocs, helping to do small jobs such as laying out the food for them. When I was older, around five, I remember my mother took me up on her roc and we rode along the ranch, the ground passing silently and quickly below us. But one of my most joyous memories is the first time I was taken on a hunt, sat up on my mothers roc again. We picked up the trail not too far outside our land, and followed it to a stream where it disappeared. We were about to turn back when the animal was startled out of the bush by a loud screech from the roc. Without my mother having to tell it to, the bird gave chase, gliding along the ground. We were four meters behind it, not making any progress and not losing it either, when my mother gave a signal and the roc leapt forwards, spreading out it's wings and gliding high above the lizard. With a great cry, my mother launched her spear and struck the creature through the neck, a quick death. Her roc glided to a stop and knelt down to let my mother off, who quickly jumped down and collected the large prey. I remember my feeling of glee as she let me hold it all the way home.
Soon after, I think I turned eleven maybe five months later, we went to visit my brother in RyDauge. Sadly my brother had left us to join the military when I was seven, but I believe that was what he always wanted to do. Anyway, on that visit I became very close to my brother, for he treated me not only as a friend, but as if he and I had known each other for out entire lives, (which for me was quite a small one still!). We stayed there for two weeks, as we had friends from another ranch feeding the rocs, but, on the last night, the house caught fire. I can still feel the heat of it, singing my fur and cooking my flesh. The flames licked at my face and clothing as I ran out into the night. I could see my family not too far off, but the crowd, busy staring and gasping in horror at the bonfire-like display, engulfed me and pushed me back, thinking me just another curious child come to watch. I found my way back but it took me about an hour and by that time I was tired and scared. From that day on, I have been terrified of fire and crowds, although my family subjected me to many crowded places to help me recover, and by the time I was thirteen, although I was a little nervous in places with large numbers of people, I wasn't as terrified and could control my fear enough to function and act like any other person.
When I was fifteen I went on my first hunt, taking out a young roc and a light spear to hunt on my own. There is not much to say, it was an unsuccessful hunt and, for my first hunt, was very disappointing. When I turned eighteen I was forced to pack my bags and head to RyDauge to train for the military. First time round I failed, as I had to use heavy weapons which I was too weak to use, but on the second time they tried me with a lighter spear, and I passed. My most joyous memory was returning home, back to the wilderness, to be greeted by a smiling family and... A roc! She was beautiful, as she still it, only half grown with dark red feathers as fluffy as kitten fur. The first thing I did after I had greeted my family was take her out into the mountains (although I couldn't go out for long as she was only six months then.) I named her Asini there and then, if you want I'll take you to her afterwards.
Anyway, from that day on my life was pretty quiet. I worked on the ranch, served shifts in the military, just normal life. And then, who would've thought it, my parents were too old to run the ranch and I inherited the duty. I became the owner of the ranch, a real Roc breeder, but I do think I was slightly too young, at the age of twenty five. That year was a very sad year, for my beloved brother went missing. We don't know what happened, his disappearance is shrouded in mystery, and we have no idea where to find either him, or possibly... His body. I think it greatly affected my parents, and contributed to them retiring from duty. I was also greatly saddened, as we had recently visited him and my love for him was realised again. Time will heal that scar, and we still hold out hope for his return. Anyway, that's where I am now. Oh, and as a note, although our ranch sells any colour of roc, I have begun selective breeding from our finer rocs, just as a hobby. Those I sell for a slightly higher price, of course, and I'm pretty sure that one say we will have rocs completely bred from fine lineage and selected breeding. Who knows.
But anyway, it's getting late and I'm guessing you still want to see Asini? I thought so. Well, you've heard my story, well, what there is of it so far.

Roc: Asini– Asini is quite small for a Roc, standing 5 foot at the shoulder, with a wingspan of 17 foot and 11 foot in length. She has dark orangey red feathers, like old blood, darkening to black around the tail, crest and beak. Her scaly legs are also reddy in colour, with her beak being a dark orange type colour. She is quite unfriendly with anyone but Ruhn, and untrusting as well, but is extremely protective and loving towards her owner.

Last edited by NowIgiveUp on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:59 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Sent you a pm. :)

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:02 pm 

Heh, oh no.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm 

Owner

Approved!

If you want to do any threads with me just send me a pm =D

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:02 pm 

Hmm, updated background to make it more of a story. Not changed anything, just added more detail.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm 

Owner

You are going to have to change the mage thing, as the mages and magic users have been behaving themselves and working toward peace with Akamu.

At best her brother would have died in like a landslide or dealing with some of the more temperamental wild life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 am 

Hah, changed it.. ^.^