All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragons in the making
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Not quite sure to put here as we haven't completely worked out a plot.

So far we have dragons and riders. And a small checklist of:
-Certain humans can understand dragon speak
-There are telepathic connection between dragon and their rider
-Might be a Pern-based

Plot pitches are open to the floor. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm 

so if we do a pern story. the dragons and their riders are used to keep the world safe from a thing called Thread.

thread is a evil that rains from the sky. it destoryes everything but metal and water.
water and fire are the only things that can destroy it. so hints why dragons (expect for queens) fight thread.
to fight thread dragons have to eat firestone. one bad side effect is it makes females unable to have eggs. hints why queens don't fight it.

dragons size and colors
white- there is only one ever. and he was one of the smallest dragons
Green- females - 20-24ft long. they make up 50% of the dragons
Blue- males - 24-30ft long. they make up a third of the dragons. (both blues and greens are very agile)
Brown -males- 30-40ft long. they make up 15%
Bronze- males - 35-45ft long. make up 5% of dragons
Gold- females- 40-45ft long. make up less then 1% of dragons.

when a dragon hatches it chooses a rider that is standing on the hatching grounds. as soon as it chooses it makes a mental bond that can only be broken by death. the bond is strong enough that they will be able to feel each others emotions. (can be fun during mating time) most of the riders are males but females riders are inccressing in numbers. not only are dragons the only thing that can fight thread. they are the only creatures that can go "between"

Between is a hyperspace dimension known as between. Both humans and dragons experience between as an extremely cold, sensory-deprived, black void. After spending no more than eight seconds in between, the dragon or fire-lizard can re-emerge anywhere on Pern, along with any passengers or cargo they carried. This ability is explained as having evolved in fire-lizards (mini dragons that are about the size of a house cat) as a defense against Thread; not only does it allow them to quickly escape from Threadfall, but the intense cold of between kills any Thread that has already burrowed into them. If a dragon attempts to teleport without a clear mental image of the place where they intend to reappear, they may simply fail to emerge from between and thus, be gone forever. they can also go between time but need to have a clear picture of where they are going.

death- should a rider die their dragon is so distruted by losing a part of themselfs they usally fly between and dissapper. should a dragon not be able to do so. due to injuries other dragons will pick them up and take them. when a dragon dies every dragon on pern feels the death. no mater how far they are. if the dragon dies and the rider doesn't. most of the time their minds break. they are unable to do anything since they don't have the will to do so any more.

pern it's self is not a very mondern world. think very much middle ages though near the end of the series they was making great progress in tecnology.

that is just a bit of info i know. so don't know if y0ou want to do a pern base or not. and do we each want to play a rider and dragon or do we want to pick what we do.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:18 pm 

Oh wow. A lot to digest.
Certainly elements from the Pern series would be pretty fun to include.

Personally, when it comes to dragons, I like there to be various 'species' and for them have elemental based abilities. I'm not sure I quite like the Pern system on that one.

The 'Between' seems like something we could experiment with. And the whole teleportation into this cold black void.

You're free to pick what you want to do. I've only ever roleplayed as both dragon and their rider, but, for example, if one of us wants to just play as dragons then we can work something out, and I don't mind playing said dragon's rider.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm 

We can mix it up with the dragons as well. I love dragons having a element.

The only rp I've done with dragons are people who can shift into one. So looking forward to playing a dragon or rider if not both.

Just a plot ideal. What if we all where rider\ dragons and one time we went between and came out on a new world for some reason

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Wow! Alanna what a summary of the Pern story!

Also, sorry for being late to the party, I just got settled down and back home from school.

Alanna wrote:
We can mix it up with the dragons as well. I love dragons having a element.

The only rp I've done with dragons are people who can shift into one. So looking forward to playing a dragon or rider if not both.

Just a plot ideal. What if we all where rider\ dragons and one time we went between and came out on a new world for some reason

Yea, I wanna write where my characters are both written as the rider and the dragon. I figured both of them would have a personality since they would have that telepathic bond.

@Alanna,
I like that plot! Though it's a little curious which 'new world' our folks would land in. We would have to build a world, correct?

PS
This is really really cheesy, but I was watching Ever After High on Netflixs and saw season four. As much as I know it's a young girl's show that produces Monster High, I still really like how in that season they had dragon armor to protect the rider from the other dragon's flames or ice. Of course, it was based off of dragon games in that series, but I think armor, not too heavy or not too impractical, could be used in the RP. Useless it's not the smartest idea? I don't know much about the Pern plot, but is it safe to assume dragons fought each other with their riders?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 pm 

we could make up a world as we go.

on pern dragons very rarely fought each other. since it put their riders in trouble.

i do like the ideal of armor though. would make sence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:30 pm 

1st Year (1)

Alanna wrote:
we could make up a world as we go.

on pern dragons very rarely fought each other. since it put their riders in trouble.

i do like the ideal of armor though. would make sence.

Alright. For the new world idea does that same world have magic?
Also I could see how there could be conflict in the story because our characters are basically torn away from their families and need to rely on each other.

Cool! As much as I love the show, this was their armor....https://www.google.com/search?q=ever+after+high+dragon+games+armor&biw=1536&bih=706&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizyNnPw57LAhWqlIMKHY6aCxwQ_AUIBygC

...I'm pretty certain high heels are nice, but not something to be riding on dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:39 pm 

The armour idea sounds cool. I'm up for that.
I agree, the heels would be a little impractical... but so darn pretty. ^^

I really like the new world idea. So are we dragon riders on a mission and while we enter the between something is disrupted (a shift in the balance or what not) thus causing us to emerge in a complete different world? Just a suggestion. As for conflict, maybe we can do something like; the unknown world is torn by war, and each side is trying to convince the riders to team up with them as they don't have big tough dragons there. The land could be magic, but maybe a different magic to what our characters are used to, maybe a more primitive magic or even alchemy.
What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:24 pm 

1st Year (1)

ReenaBean wrote:
The armour idea sounds cool. I'm up for that.
I agree, the heels would be a little impractical... but so darn pretty. ^^

I really like the new world idea. So are we dragon riders on a mission and while we enter the between something is disrupted (a shift in the balance or what not) thus causing us to emerge in a complete different world? Just a suggestion. As for conflict, maybe we can do something like; the unknown world is torn by war, and each side is trying to convince the riders to team up with them as they don't have big tough dragons there. The land could be magic, but maybe a different magic to what our characters are used to, maybe a more primitive magic or even alchemy.
What do you think?

I like that conflict! And then which ever side we refuse to hop on then that side might want to find a 'portal' and try getting a dragon OR try to dominate that place too. There could always be a bad apple somewhere in the army.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:24 am 

sorry i haven't repiled sooner. was in a car acadent ( i'm fine now) and was taking a little time to things organized and what not.

I love the ideal of coming to the new world in a middle of a war. and magic ....i'm a sucker for magic :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:49 pm 

Oh gosh. Best wishes for your recovery.

Cool. War and magic it is. Anyone have ideas on what the war could be about? We could do the typical tribe vs tribe turf war or revolution vs tyrant (but since our characters aren't from there, they wouldn't know that said wealthy, powerful person is a tyrant until it's possibly too late). There is an exhaustive list of course, I'm just listing two off the top of my head.

Also, while the dragon riders are in their world; are they apart of a army of riders? Are they apart of a hierarchy? Some sort of nobility? Just so I have some background information in which to start thinking about building my character. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:19 pm 

recovery is going very well. mostly just sore now from the seat belt.

i like the ideal of tribe vs tribe but either works for me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 pm 

1st Year (1)

My gosh Alanna! What a trip. Anyways, enough with the lame puns, I hope you have a quick recovery.

Alanna wrote:
recovery is going very well. mostly just sore now from the seat belt.

i like the ideal of tribe vs tribe but either works for me

I like the tribe vs. the other tribe idea too.
ReenaBean wrote:
Oh gosh. Best wishes for your recovery.

Cool. War and magic it is. Anyone have ideas on what the war could be about? We could do the typical tribe vs tribe turf war or revolution vs tyrant (but since our characters aren't from there, they wouldn't know that said wealthy, powerful person is a tyrant until it's possibly too late). There is an exhaustive list of course, I'm just listing two off the top of my head.

Also, while the dragon riders are in their world; are they apart of a army of riders? Are they apart of a hierarchy? Some sort of nobility? Just so I have some background information in which to start thinking about building my character. :)

If anything our group of dragon riders could be military based brought around by an united tribe. If that makes sense?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:29 am 

Thanks and puns are always welcome.

the untied tribe thing makes sence to me. and i like the ideal.

so excited for this rp hehe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:21 pm 

1st Year (1)

Alright puns all around then xB

I'm in the process of the CS, but I was wondering with a male name. Depending how the RP rolls with a tribe shouldn't the tribe have a history or we're following close to Pern's universe on that aspect?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm 

Hmm. We could come up with a history for the United Tribe, I think it's good for us to know what sort of background our characters come from. The purpose and aims of the military tribe idea would probably say a lot about the character, especially if they volunteered to be a part of it. Alanna, you're our Pern expert, is there anything from that universe that could apply here?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 am 

Most the dragons lived in city called wyrns. That was built in mountain side mostly. There they was trained in fighting on their dragon and off. So that would be tour closest to a military style.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:05 pm 

I quite like that; a city built in the mountain side.

How about:
Deep in the mountains there is an ancient city where dragons and humans co-exist. The city used to be solely inhabited by dragons but as dragon riders grew in demand to keep the peace, a military training camp was built within the city. (There isn't much else there other than a few traders and people passing through). The dragon riders were formed to keep the peace among the United Clans.* The city has always been located in a neutral zone. Maybe in the centre of the map. So the military camp accepts everyone from the United Clan to train as long as they are able to find their partner dragon. Those who are not as lucky remain as foot soldiers, or perhaps similar to police. When training is complete, first year riders are assigned into groups as scouts.
Obviously our characters are paired together and then magical stuff happen and they end up in the new world.

*Idea for the United Clans
Decades before when our rp is set, the leaders of the clans signed a treaty which united all of them together. To keep it simple, there can be four main clans; the North, East, West and South. (We can name them if you want.) One can be more agricultural, one can be host to the best academics, one can be more spiritual/religious and the last can be industrial, or whatever else you think would be better.
The world can be a lot bigger than these four clans but as we're travelling to a different world, I probably shouldn't spend too much time thinking about it. xD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:45 pm 

I like it but maybe instead of there being four tribs perhaps there was three and each of us be from a different one?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:06 am 

Sounds good to me. Perhaps there used to be 4 tribes but one was destroyed by a much more powerful outside source and that is why the others decided to unite, so that they could share resources to keep them all alive? Then as a united force, with the help of dragons, they were able to protect their lands and thus dragon riders were born and so on.

I don't know if you can tell but I'm really getting into making up a backstory for this. xD