All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:18 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

So am I. I love this ideal and it sounds awesome so everyone cool with this??

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:46 pm 

I guess once dreamgurl gives her approval, we can start thinking about character profiles. We can discuss which clan we want to hail from.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:45 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Sorry guys! Midterms and other distractions hit me Xb

Anyways I really like the idea where the other tribe was destroyed, but I'll go more with the majority rules. I've been trying to piece together in my mind how to form the character and their dragon, but so far. These posts are helping.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 am 

lol i'm so excited for this rp hehe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm 

I hope no one minds but I'm sort of reusing an old character. I made him for another dragon rp last summer, but it died, and I really liked the character I was developing. Just editing him to suit this one. He has very strong Welsh roots but that doesn't mean any of your characters are required to be, it's just a personal preference.

Rider
| +
Name: Llyr ap Grufydd (Translation: Llyr son of Grufydd)
Sexual Orientation: Asexual but the kind of guy who is in love with love

Appearance
Skin: Sun kissed skin
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Thick chestnut hair; short and curly
Extras:
-Hardy stock
-Shorter than average males; standing at 5foot 6 inches
-Broad shouldered and strong
-Face and arms are freckly and his smile is sweet

Personality: A hard working young lad, worked on a farm from the moment he could walk, thus very physically strong. Has a love for small creatures. Comes from a small and closely bonded village so never really had a chance to be alone and never had to try hard to make friends. He is extremely respectful towards women, especially strong matriarch figures since that was how he was raised. Considers himself a free spirit.

Skills/Abilities
-Skilled gardener / farmer
-Hand to hand combat/ strong wrestler
-Can use a sword
-Strong rider
-Amazing swimmer and can hold breath for a while

Misc.
-Comes from the pastoral tribe (Probably West)
-Joined the dragon academy at 15**
-

Dragon
| +
Dragon name: Blodeuwedd

Personality: A whimsical and rather care free dragon. She enjoys the simple things; such as floating with the current and running into waves. With age, Blodeuwedd becomes more in-tuned with water. She is very clingy of Llyr; forcing herself in his bed since she was a hatchling.

Appearance
Body: Tri-coloured scales: a combination of green, blue and silver. Underwater the silver scales appear almost transparent. Has a third translucent eyelid (nitctitating membrane). Eyes are completely black- large pupils in order to see underwater. Has loads of tiny teeth.
When young, Blodeuwedd is only three feet long with short stumpy legs. Her tail is short but fans out like a crescent moon.
As an adult:
Blodeuwedd grows up to be 25 feet long from nose to tail tip. Her tail is a lot bigger (taking about a third of her height) and her legs are more equipped for swimming. Her wings are almost as long as her body; they double as a boost when swimming as they help speed and maneuvering.

Abilities: (Not an exhaustive list, just the things she is very good at)
1) Sonar
2) Using water to heal
3) Manipulating water/tides
4) Creating whirlpools
5) Flying through heavy rain/storms

**I figured the military program could be a duration of 5 years ish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 pm 

that is fine with me. i'll be looking at some of my old characters and thinking of what i want to do while at work tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:28 pm 

1st Year (1)

If anything having a character profile posted gives me a better insight what I need to look out for. I'll be digging on my character list too. Thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:23 pm 

i'm back guys sorry i was gone for a while. somehow got a viruse on my comp and just got it back from the shop....the joys of a little one sometimes lol

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 pm 

1st Year (1)

Alanna wrote:
i'm back guys sorry i was gone for a while. somehow got a viruse on my comp and just got it back from the shop....the joys of a little one sometimes lol

Phew what a ride that must've been! Well, to be fair, I've been busy with school and I'm pretty sure ReenaBean is in the same category. Though I figured you were busy with school or your job. I REALLY need to get a bio going for this RP; which I am working on it. (Ugh) Still man welcome back!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 am 

yeah it was a bad ride. all the photos i took for a few costermers was on my comp. luckly they was nice and understood. hopefully school goes well for you. i will have a bio up for my character hopefully this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:49 am 

Oh gosh. Hope you didn't lose anything else important.
I'm glad you're back.

I have one more essay left (due tomorrow *Panics*) and then I'm FREE. You guys post whenever you're ready, no need to rush if you're all busy. ^^

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:52 pm 

1st Year (1)

Rider:
Name: Alayla Eira Soula (@Reena, I have no idea what language you used for your character, so mine’s is basically a round of Greek and Norwegian names mixed into it. You could say ‘it’s all Greek to me’ xD)

[u]Appearance
[/u]
Skin: Tanned as a result of being active outside most of the time.
Eyes: Green eyes.
Hair: Dirty Blonde medium height hair. Normally, placed in a ponytail with some curls in the end.
Physical: Since Alayla’s skin has been exposed to the sun many times, she has freckles on top of her shoulder and upon her cheeks. Given that her environment and her fellow trainees in the past didn’t downgrade her gender like her parents did, so that meant her body had to become resilient throughout the training. She had to endure physical challenges that has caused her to break a few bones, even after getting her dragon, and has a few scars to prove that.
Height: 5’4

Additional Information

Skills: Alayla has the ability to work through stressful times and stay level headed. A lot of times she would try to do the same for the other person or a group of people by giving them positive confidence, highlighting the pros of the situation, or giving the other person something else to focus on besides the negative. Mostly, she’ll try to stay optimistic. She also talented with spares and crafted weapons based on her surroundings. If needed she can participate in hand to hand combat with a knife at least. Personally, she feels as if her own bare hand to hand combat still needs work and she would like to achieve a roundhouse kick.
General Inf.: Since Alayla was a child, she been at awe and pure curiosity upon dragons and their riders. From a young age she was fascinated with the idea and she decided to chase that dream, but at the same time keep it a secret from her family who would rather continue a lumberjack business and stay-at-home wife tradition. At age fourth teen Alayla was accepted into the Academy; which word got out to her family and her father was furious. As punishment Alayla was beaten by her dad and was locked in her room with wounds and a broken heart. Yes, her father was an aggressive man with a solid line to what shouldn’t be crossed. She knew of this growing up with her father, but it shocked her how her dad would lay a hand on her. In that same night she packed whatever she could pull together, within a locked room, and left her home. Never to return and hasn’t spoken to anyone about her family. The only one that truly knows is her dragon Aiden.

Dragon:
Dragon name: Aiden

Personality: Since Alayla and Aiden bounded early on, they are both very protected, patient, and understanding of each other. Both of them strive to be the best they could be (For example, Alayla wants to improve her combat skills whereas Aiden wants to explore more of his powers) ultimately to ensure each other’s safety. Given that the two are committed to the Academy and the military life and tend to only criticize and/or question authority when something is not adding up or moral dilemma.

Appearance
: Aiden’s scales are shaped like squares and triangular from small to medium size. With a soft color of orange and red blended together, though with eye color of black. He is a 12 feet wide and 23 feet long. Whereas his claws range somewhere between three to five feet long. This is the adult size, but when he hatched he was three feet long and Alayla was able to hold him in her arms. When he was born he was more of a darker red and his scales were more of a softer shape vs. now the shapes are definitely solid and shown.
Abilities:
• Generally, he has the list of powers western culture of dragon powers such as flight from his wings and can produce fire by a roar, but he differs slightly by other qualities. For instance, he can form different fires he produces or choice of aim position like fire balls, spare shot fire, rain of fire, multiple (maybe up to seven), or one single attack. Aiden scale can resist other fire attacks and if he uses his tail then he can reflect the fire shots back to the enemy; however, if his raider has no armor on her during these shots she can be burned severely. Or else he can attempt to protect her with his own scales or wings.
• Another ability he has that is unique is he can blend in with large engulfs of flames and the forest, but he cannot blend in with water or sky. Alayla discovered this ability when playing hide and seek with him when he was small and has been trying to explore that ability with him. Considerably they have concluded there’s no way Aiden can blend into the water, albeit both of them are trying to achieve this power while in flight. Being able to blend in with some aspect of the elements Aiden’s power is able to turn Alayla invisible too. As long as she is touching him.
• Both the raider and their dragon have the ability to link minds together. Alayla has never uttered a word about her family, but with the too able to read each other’s thoughts Aiden knows of this information and hasn’t told anyone this secret.

Good luck with the essay Reena!
Sooooooo this is my first dragon RP. If my bio of the dragon seems a little more overpowered OR Godmodding please tell me and I can modify it. Any polite suggestions is helpful if you see something that's a little effy on my bios. Or else thank you :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:22 pm 

Hey Dreamgurl.
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. After coursework was due, I took a mental vacation from any obligations. Hopefully I'm back now and ready to do this.

Your characters look awesome! I like how Alayla can blend in with the elements too when she's riding him. It's certainly unique. ^^ And Alayla's background is so sad but I'm glad she finds a way to be optimistic.

In case you were wondering, my dragon and rider names are 100% Welsh. Inspired by the Mabinogion (Welsh mythology). Considering there is a big dragon on the country's flag, I couldn't pass the opportunity of making my dragon rider Welsh. Plus I am too, so that's a good enough reason in itself. xD It's cool though that you used Norwegian and Greek.

I hope everyone is still eager to do this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:05 pm 

1st Year (1)

REENA!!!! Sup gurl! I miss you <3

Oh, no. It was totally fine however long you needed a break. I'm barely going through my finals right now, so I know I'll need a mental break after walking for graduations this year. Ugh....
Aww, thank you! I was hoping none of the characters I used are godmodding, so it's good to hear/read that's not the case. Thank you! :D
Oh, yea Welsh makes sense. I should have caught that @__@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:52 pm 

Hey. I'm good. I've missed you too. Need to get myself in order, cause I'm terrible at the moment, so we can keep in touch more. <3

Ah, it sucks that finals are dragging you down. Hope it all goes well for you. I highly recommend the break.
You're welcome. ^^ The characters are fine. They are expected to be powerful with a military background but they aren't over the top so there's no issue.
Haha, don't worry about it. Most people don't. :)

@Alanna : I hope you're doing well. If it's not too much trouble, could you confirm whether you're still in for this? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:40 pm 

i am sorry i dissappered on you guys. my little one came down very sick and we found out she had cancer. long story short she was able to defeat it! and now she is back in school and well i got more free time if you guys are still here and if this is still a rp that i might be able to join please let me know

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:33 pm 

1st Year (1)

Alanna wrote:
i am sorry i dissappered on you guys. my little one came down very sick and we found out she had cancer. long story short she was able to defeat it! and now she is back in school and well i got more free time if you guys are still here and if this is still a rp that i might be able to join please let me know

HOLY COW! What a roller-coaster ride!

Well, I'm glad she was able to beat it and you are feeling well enough to come back on the site. Wow! That's amazing! Welcome back :D
Yea, I just started school and I'm still grieving for my uncle's passing, but I think I'm ready to start this RP. If everybody here wants to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am 

sorry to hear of you lost that sucks *hugs* i'll work on my character this week and hopefully post it this weekend. need to read through all of our stuff so i get it right :-P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:55 am 

Welcome back Alanna! Sounds like you've had a tough couple of months and I'm so glad you and especially your little one have made it through.
I look forward to seeing your character when you're ready.
I'm happy to start this rp thread, my responses will be a bit on the slow side as I'm putting a lot of time into my third year but as long as you're patient with me, it'll be fine.

I hope you're doing well, dreamgurl.

Best to you both. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:22 pm 

Rping on Weekends!

Medals: 3
Hero of the Month (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1)

Hello! You wouldn't happen to need an extra player do you?

"Life is composed of light and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows"