All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragon Space Heroes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:34 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Okay, let me know what changes you'd like to make. I had actually wondered if you wanted to play the transforming dragon, since they're kind of the glory role so I was going to give it to you, but I'd gladly play them if you were uninterested. Basically, the idea was that this kingdom has a sort of fantasy-themed air force.

They have dragons and elves to ride them. Since dragons are presumably rather rare, I suppose they'd command a great deal of respect. Eventually our two characters are told that they're going to have to train for a secret mission.

Rather than going up against anyone, they're supposed to be the first two people to fly into orbit since they figured they would be able to take the stresses better. I was imagining that a dragon couldn't literally fly to space; rather the dragon would transform back into the elf state and fly in a primitive chemical rocket, like those used in the real life 1960s to send test pilots into space.

Do you like the idea so far? I thought it up like I said when reading the Dragonriders of Pern at the same time I was reading a biography of an astronaut, haha.

Thanks for at least listening to my ideas!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Space Heroes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

This is good! I like the concept.

Maybe it's a bit later in the future. The can travel with hyperdrive and use fusion power. The dragon riders are common a particular planet.. Thinking wild west outpost. The city the towns is a new frontier. A bit rowdy and full of animal/human creatures. Our mission would be to colonize and bring the animal species under the Imperials. The different species have their own traditions.

Cat's have a female dominated society. Wolves are male dominant. Humans are enslaved if stranded. The can only be enslaved 20 years and can buy their way out. Their are laws in place to prevent abuse.. abuses happen.

That is what comes to mind....What ideas do you have about their mission?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:47 pm 

Oh wow, that's a lot more of a dark plot than originally I had in mind. It would be interesting to see how our characters would cope in that sort of an environment. Are you going to play the dragon or the rider?

I'm assuming that our characters are loyal to the Imperials that you were talking about then. This sounds like it could be rather interesting; thank you for adding in your own input here ^^

Are our characters going to be somewhat above the human species in that case?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:20 pm 

I was thinking our characters would be close to the top. Elves are fine with me because we can mindspeak, use magic, and enchanting. They have an advanced society. Run by appointed council?

They make sure there is a balance among all races while staying on top politically. (just came to me)

Termoile would be a revolt or war with another alien species vying for power.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:29 pm 

That sounds interesting. Our characters can both transform into dragons as well as elves then, or is it just one of ours that can? I like the idea with them trying to maintain a balance; that fits very good with the whole idea of them being pretty high at the top as well as defending that whole Imperial concept that you laid out.

If you want, then both of our characters could be elves, and one of them could have the ability to transform into a dragon and therefore be ridden.

Did you want to do character sheets, by the way, or did you just want to start posting? I'm perfectly fine either way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29 pm 

I like being surprised no need for character sheet. I will be a healer/ranger elf. I will your character be the elf/dragon.

Please set for us how you'd like to meet.

I was thinking our characters have to change in order to overcome/succeed their quest/mission.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:39 pm 

I really like being surprised in these sorts of scenarios as well. The two characters you planned out sound pretty interesting.

Let's see...maybe they've met before and are just arriving on the planet? I was assuming that they've just been sent there with the orders to preserve the law like you said.

Considering I imagine they don't want to be there, I figure they'll have to change a great deal in order to succeed like you were saying.

Did you want me to start off, or do you want some more planning? How long do you like posts?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:45 pm 

I think we are ready to start. The can be from the main world have to fit in. Then arrange for both males and females to be ambassadors. Convincing the elders of course will be difficult. We meet arriving at the spaceport. In 24 hours we meet with the queen and elders. That just came to mind. You have anything to add? I have no post length. I make my starts sorta lengthy. You do not have to. My replies are as llong as the scene needs to be. they are at least 4 or more. Rarely less.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 pm 

I wrote a start post for us at:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=47141

I hope that it works out for you; I made it a little over 400 words to begin with, but you're free to write at whichever length that you find good. I wrote it so that you could arrive and meet up with him since they're going to go see the leadership in 24 hours like you said, though I made it so that he doesn't yet know the woman that he's going to be paired up with.

Is that all right, or does anything need to be changed up?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:40 pm 

Its perfect and I responded to your rp. You wrote a good opening. I hope you like my response. I was on a tare and just went with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 pm 

Thank you, I tried to follow your lead. This looks like a really fun RP so far. Out of curiosity, does Rasa mean anything or is it just an interesting name you made up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:58 pm 

She has no meaning. I came up with Rasa Solo as the kid sister of Han Solo back in the 80's.

Got somewhat of a character idea for her. I never fully developed her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:03 pm 

Oh, Han Solo having a sister is actually a neat concept. I like her character a lot from what I've seen so far! For what it's worth, Raenion's name comes from Tolkien's elvish language.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:23 pm 

I originally had Rasa as a singer for a band who wanted to get as far away from Han. He have her watched and placed under bodyguards that she was always running from. At 17 she was able to leave home and travels. Secretly she is a wealthy young lady. Even Han does not know she is "Gem Queen." A powerful head if the mineral gem trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:11 pm 

That's actually a really unique concept, and not something I see in RP whether it be Star Wars or anything else themed really. It's kind of ironic, considering we were originally going to do a band theme actually!

Are you going to introduce any of the gem themes into this RP, or is her character for this entirely original?

I'll be honest and admit that I'm totally fine either way that you'd like to do it really.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm 

I don't know if they will be involved tn a heist..they could...and the band ... oops...they form one ...meet a group of traveling musicians or attend a concert? Could work it in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:17 pm 

Oh that sounds pretty unique, and you know what? It actually lets us use the kind of plot that we had planned from the beginning anyway. What would the heist involve?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:42 pm 

Good question!

I have never written a spy adventure story before. The Kit royals has this gem-heirloom and the powers that be good and/or bad want it no matter who dies. The stone is known to emit power that allow dragons in space to go hyperdrive... or has the energy to destroy whole worlds; or maybe create a new world. It does something spectacular.

Either or characters are to get it or keep it hidden, the Queen wears it as a token of her rank. The gem is duplicated and stolen. Upon discovering it's power.. what do our characters do?

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:45 pm 

I haven't really written an adventure like this before either, but it's starting to get really exciting. What do you think?

I like the idea with the whole gem, and I think that this should work. I guess our characters, upon finding it, could have a moral dilemma about whether to use the power and change things to match their own version of ethics and impose their will or destroy it and possibly send everything into chaos.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:51 pm 

That would make a sequel. Love it!

Agents, a band, and a heist... sounds fun!