All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Youkai no Ai
Basically it is about
this girl from a young age has been able to see unnatural things like spirits and such. One day on her way home from her job (much older now) saw a most peculiar thing. A white Phoenix hiding in the shade. She was soon unable to move, being captivated by its pure beauty. It only took her a moment to realize that it had turned into a human form and came towards her. Before she could think she blacked out.
Later when finally waking she realizes she is no longer in the modern world... not even the world of the living but that of the Yokai (spirit demons).
She later finds out that every 500 years a human is chosen to be a bride for a demon.
Will she fall for this White Phoenix? or will another demon snatch her up? What will it be like living with Youkai?

Rules:
Please follow all the rules that have been given for this forum!
no godmodding
Be creative
please be semi to very active (I myself try to get on at least once a day, but I understand when life gets tough)
3rd person please (it is easier for everyone to follow)
no text talk! (I am not a grammar Nazi, but I would like it decent enough please. )
I have rights to add more rules if necessary
have FUN!

Characters Skelly:

Username:
Name:
Bio:
Appearance: (can be discription or picture but make sure they are appropriate enough)
Special abilities/weapons:
other: (quirks, pets, etc. )

Characters:

Username; misuti555
Name; Kasumi kawagoe
Age; 22
Personality; can be quite spunky when she wants too. Kasumi is known by her friends as a curious girl, one that loves to eat and defends for herself and friends. She hates when people call her weird or strange, but is not very vocal for it.
Bio; Kasumi has been able to see spirits since she was young, and it plagued her like no other when it came to the bullying. On top of all that her mother died when she was only 7 years old. Years later and having a fairly normal life she continues to make her way in the world without feeling like a complete outsider. . . . that is until she discovered the Phoenix.
Pic/description;
Other; She loves Dango.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:24 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Username: Aeromancer

Name: Fushichou, spelled with the Kanji for "Phoenix Bird"

Personality: While at times he can be something of a prankster especially in his human form, he is generally rather traditional in many aspects, and hasn't quite adapted to many of the things that most modern individuals will tend to take for granted. This causes him to often stick out like a sore thumb in modern day society.

Some of this facet of his personality has also caused him to be remarkably interested in things that other people would hardly find bewildering. Many concepts that are of course quite mundane to the outside world are truly fascinating for him, which really causes him to stand out from the crowd quite often, for those who can see him anyway.

While to fellow youkai he could theoretically be considered something of a troublemaker, this isn't how his personality would usually be taken by members of the human species who might see his mannerisms and tastes to be a throwback to an earlier point of time in history.

Appearance: Originally he had appeared much as a mythological phoenix, in which he takes the form of a large white-winged gossamer bird that, certainly appears a good deal larger than anything that would normally biologically exist. Otherwise, though, he has the capability to transform into a more human state, in which he tends to dress in a full tied kimono with a straw boatman's hat.

Considering that he is essentially a form of a demon, he is not visible to those who aren't appropriately adept at seeing his kind. Some individuals, notably Kasumi Kawagoe, can see him and this causes an obvious problem: how do you hide talking to him from everyone else and make it look like something other than speaking to thin air?

Originally he had genuinely believed that no human being could actually look at someone like him. They technically weren't supposed to be able to, and he had believed that since there wasn't anyone else around that was of his species he wouldn't have to worry. At least, well, he originally had thought that there weren't any other demons or any other sort of similar creatures around anyway.

Background: Needless to say, Fushichou has always been something of a troublemaker in the realm of Youkai. While he never quite fit in, this wasn't the result of any malice on anyone's part so much as he had a bit of a problem when it came to following all of the prerequisite rules.

The rule stipulating that humans and youkai mustn't interact never quite sounded like something that applied to him, but this was largely because he didn't appreciate why that rule needed to be in effect.

His actions weren't malicious either, however, but rather he was shall one say curious about everything. The Phoenix had a habit of finding books of magic that he wasn't ready for yet, which naturally created quite a problem in the other realm.

While rushing to go see the human realm was always his biggest infraction, it wasn't the only way that he had a tendency to get in trouble. In fact, in some ways, escaping to that realm was the result of him attempting to get away from all the problems that he had faced in his own native area.

Maybe this sort of escape was going to do him good over time...maybe anyway.

Last edited by Aeromancer on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:50 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Username: Marco
Name: Ren
Personality (likes and dislikes): For a fox spirit, Ren is much like your average mischievous Kitsune. He loves to play tricks and force jokes on you. Though he is not as harsh as most when it comes to his actions, and is not usually aggressive. He does not like attacking beings, though does what he finds necessary. Ren has a fascination with humans beyond what he should. He does not enjoy when someone or something pulls on his tails if they are showing. Sometimes Ren likes acting out of character in moments he wishes to joke around, but will ultimately go back to his usual self within mere moments.
Bio:
While he had always lived his life to the fullest, he became bored with how it just simply went by. He started looking for trouble, probably being one of the more mischievous of many Youkai around. Ren gradually grew exhausted though. He would have continued his life the same way, but by the time he grew his third tail, he had developed a fascination with humans. Ren often passed time, waiting for something interesting to occur by using his foxfires. He was never curious about his upbringing, or about why he did what he did, it was all just natural to him.

Everything was going the same way it usually did on the day Ren got his fifth tail... Rens curiosity finally peaked out of control, and he is now determined to understand exactly why humans act the way they do. Why they fight back under hopeless situations, and any other little thing about them that might be interesting. Now he just needs to find one he finds intriguing enough.

Appearance:
Attachment:
Kitsune 15.jpg
Kitsune 15.jpg [ 139.41 KiB | Viewed 9543 times ]

Colours: Rens Hair is a snowy white with blue tinted tips. The vest he wears comprised overall of a dark blue that appears silky. The fur on the collar and shoulders are a white much like his hair. On his right arm is a band that is mainly black, but the symbol is a mix match of different blues. While his eyes are a bright vibrant blue around the pupil, the pupil itself is differently shaded with black and very dark blues. His tails are a shade of white, with a blue hue to it. Yet the very ends and tips of his tails is purely white. His ears are not always in appearance like his tails are not always their to the naked eye... but when you see them, they are the same colour as his hair. The base of them white, with faint blue tips. Ren's skin is quite pale, only very lightly peached in colour.

Special abilities/weapons: Elaborate realistic illusions, Can shoot fire/ or make Fox fires, Shape shifting. (Their are many more as you know in folklore, but I do not want him to have too many powers so I simply chose a few on a basic level)
Other: While Ren likes to joke around, it is not always obvious as he tries to retain the same semi-serious look to himself when he does so.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:45 pm 

Is my character good enough?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:58 pm 

Yes it is great. Please feel free to begin posting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm 

I hope you don't mind if I end up periodically adding to my profile as time goes on!

By the way, the one that Marco wrote was great!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:21 pm 

I'll join you. I'm fine with making a male character but would you like a female as well, one who can see the yokai too but isn't anything special?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:32 pm 

I'm very glad to hear that this RP is alive and well. I'll add a post in the in character thread in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:22 pm 

Its good to see everyone back! =) I was sad I could not use the char I made, and I just hope to find time to post. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm 

@Cer Kamber- it is what you decide to make, it just needs to add to the story and not detract from it.

@Aeromancer,& Marco- I am glad that everyone is willing to continue this though I have been gone for months.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:58 pm 

Okay I figured as much, that's why I wanted two characters, if not I will stick to one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 pm 

I hope that post was acceptable, I kind of hurried it along before sleeping. XD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 am 

@misuti555 I'm glad that you were willing to continue despite my absence as well to be honest. I was gone a long time, and I genuinely though that many people were going to be upset with me for having taken so long to get back in here.

@Marco your post was fine ^^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:32 am 

Hi! I would like join the roleplay Youkai no Ai. Is it too late?

Username: Nagisa Green
Name: Ayame
Personality (likes and dislikes): She has a playful personality, though she can be serious (rarely). She likes the color purple and sweet things. She doesn't like hatred or dull colors.
Bio: For a demon, she had a pretty typical childhood. She had briefly met a demon and she wanted to meet them again. By trying to find them, she found out they were in the human realm.
Appearance: Short spiky brown hair. She is about 5ft3in tall. She has a tail the same color as her hair. She has light blue eyes. She is tanned and fairly slender
Special abilities/weapons: She is pretty talented with fire.
other: (quirks, pets, etc. ) She is more curious about humans than most youkai. She has a bird that is a mixture of pet and companion that shows up on occasion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 pm 

Well, it's certainly been quite a while since this RP has been active, but you actually sent me a private message before. I can't say for anyone else, since it has been active in a while, but I certainly liked the character you came up with here. Perhaps having a little activity in this thread is the perfect way to scare up a little activity in the actual RP, and I look forward to Ayame. How did she leave the spirit world herself by the way?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 pm 

I am personally Apologizing to everyone right now. I know it has been forever since I posted a reply. I have been swamped with portfolios for illustration projects and getting research papers done for Art Historical classes. I am nearing the end though and should be ten times more active from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:51 pm 

While I am no visual artist, I do work as a freelance writer and I realize, as a result, what it must be like to have to go through all of those portfolios. I hope that they haven't run you too ragged. Do you mind if we were to allow a new member in here, though? ^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:18 pm 

yes please! I will be done with everything (besides work) by the 22nd hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:44 pm 

All right thanks, originally a mentor told her to delete her in character post, but I wonder if I can get permission to have it restored.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:56 pm 

She managed to get into the human world by following Fushichou's trail. Ayame is rather impulsive and she was very curious about him, so that was enough to get her to break the rules and enter the human realm.