All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:38 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

THE SETTING

Each night in a small, quiet village a loud boom can be heard. This sound shakes the ground and startles every single resident. Though they have sent out many search parties, not one clue has been found to identify its source. In the center of this village stood an over sized watch tower with multiple lit torches, holding up to four men at all times. These men were always armed with enough arrows to put down an elephant, or any of the other large beasts that roamed the land. With every night and every thunderous clash, it was thought that the wild beasts were the cause of the commotion, but this was proven incorrect by all of the trackers of the village. None of the beasts large enough to make such a noise were anywhere close to their home.

Along with the center watch tower were four other, yet smaller watch towers. One tower stood at each corner of the village, but these towers had but one archer each. Besides the five towers there was only one other obstacle between the wild world and the village, the eight small, crumbled, but sturdy walls. This poor defense worried the people of the village and caused them even more fear since the loud booms had begun. Why did they fear having such a poor defense of their village? It was the beast. Some were small, but others toppled even the large tower at the center of the village. They were called the Devourers, and though they were all many different species, this was the term used to describe their massive size.

The village is home to over one hundred Individuals. During the day some were simple farmers, some were weapon smiths, a few were trackers and other occupations including; hunters, apothecaries, acaters, linen drapers, merchants, and drovers. But since the noises of the night began, they volunteered as guardsman and archers. Not far to the east of the village rested a lake about the same size as the village. Fisherman often visited here in the past, but now it was completely void of all life. Settled throughout the village were a variety of houses, shops and merchant stalls. Farms were scattered around the village in key location for best produce output. Fifty yards from the giant tower in the center of the village stood the leader's home, a man under constant stress. At night he would drink to avoid hearing the horrible booming sounds coming from outside his town, and during the day, was constantly busy with the towns people's frantic state. All seemed hopeless until one day; a few months after the noises from outside had begun.

PLOT OVERVIEW/INTRODUCTION

The hunters and trackers were out on their morning patrol when they came upon the first and only clue they had seen since this nightmare started.
"What is that" Mark, one of the hunters shouted to the other men near him. The other hunters gathered around a large, round, flat, stone tablet. Not venturing out this far before they had finally found their first clue, but the stone tablet was not their main focus. Tied to the stone tablet was a thin, but muscular man who was covered in blood, though covered did not even describe the amount of blood that he was stained in.
"Untie him quickly, but keep him secured" Brutus, the hunter in charge commanded. The others rushed to the stone and cut loose the binding ropes that held the man down. He made no movement when they cut him free, but he appeared to be breathing. They carried him off to the village's most secure building, the jail.

The jail rested fifty yards on the opposite side of the large tower, one hundred yards from the leader's home. Not a single person had ever escaped this dark, gloomy place. "I see you're finally awake. Are you enjoying your stay?" the Jailer, Peter said to the mysterious man. The man lifted his head; shoulder length hair covered his face. He jerked at his restraints trying to move the blood soaked, brown strands from his face, but in the end just shook it out of the way. Hair out of his face revealed a pair of green, tired and wicked eyes. The blood he was covered in took away any friendly look to the strange person. "Do you remember anything?" Peter asked.

The blood stained man's shoulders tensed, his muscles shifted and then he opened his mouth. "Kre..." he muttered softly, his words unheard. Leaning forward, the jailer told him to repeat himself. The man breathed heavily and spoke once more "Kre...”, but once again the words were not heard. Again the Jailor asked him to repeat himself. Catching his breath and grasping the situation, the man shouted this time. "KREE!" his voiced echoed through the halls of the jail "My name is Kree." Kree's head fell down again and he went silent.

"Sir" A man running down the hall to the cells yelled. "The hunters found another stone outside the village."
Peter turned around to face to shouting man "Where's the person attached to it?"
The man stopped in front of Peter. "There wasn't one attached to this stone Sir."

CHARACTER INFORMATION/GUIDELINES

You are one of the TWELVE, the people attached to the stones. The twelve come from an ancient time of magic, and were once free people, but now they are slaves to the power of an ancient sun dial. The effects of the first time jump has wiped out all of the memories of the Twelve, but fragments will come back with each jump so you can develop the background of your character.
The sun dial sends them into the future every twelve hours, once the sundial is activated. The sun dial is activated after all of the twelve are freed from their stones, however they can not free themselves, so you must write in how you get free. Once freed you must help the others complete a mission that the sun dial has embedded into your mind before the next time jump occurs. Failure comes with great consequences for all twelve and is not an option. The missions will be posted here after every time jump with the first one being posted after there are a few people here.

The villager and other civilians will be NPCs and can be controlled by anyone. Cops, citizens of towns and cities, or military personnel are just a few of the possible NPCs.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:38 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

I'm very interested

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm 

I almost gave up on this one. Still need a few more people, one or two.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:18 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

I like it, it seems so interesting

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:00 pm 

Thank you. And like all my RPs, there will more than one part.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:01 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Awesome

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:21 pm 

Still looking for people to join this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:31 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Still interested haha

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm 

lol. Know anyone else who would be interested in joining?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:07 am 

Hello, I am interested. Tyne sent me to check this out, and it looks like a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:37 pm 

Have been busy, but for the people still interested, I'm going to start soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:50 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Yaaaaas

My Character's