All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Mage Guild School
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:33 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

We have interest... now for ideas for story.. thread...thanks for sharing so far.

Welcome to the first day of school. You have selected to attend the Mage Guild School of Magic in Wildwood. We teach several disciplines of magic arts. Healing, Fire, Weather, Potions, Enchant, Dark arts, Elemental and create scrolls. You are invited to our open house January 5th at 10:00 am.
The Mage Guild

open for plot... students sent on quest to graduate... do you like?

they teach dark arts... thinking there is are deep inside where slaves are kept for pleasure till they are weaned from sex. I. The mages have hidden talent n forbidden library?

Here you can have multiple characters, races include human,elves, dwarves, furry, dragon, half breeds, however i dragon form they look human. There exist griffins and horses for transportation. Griffins are very intelligent.

JDizzle383 asked "Is this slice of life, or is there some evil plot being discovered?"
Both I think. The mage guild is involved with threats to the kingdom.

I like sharing ideas... you all bring creativity to the table.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by LadyKate43 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:08 pm.
Reason: placed in wrong forum
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

I am interested in this RP! I have done a magical school before and can be either a teacher or student. I'd like to be both but in different courses.
In the one I ran, we had various mishaps and the students were changed into a beastie. Also there could be a Grimoire that holds forbidden secrets. Secret passage ways are fun but you would need to have a map of the school so that everyone can visualize the passages. You could have a village where students can go to. There can be various stores (( I have a list of interesting treats that have been made up )) or even theater or carnival (( which housed the beasties)).

Other things that I have thought up but have not tried:
Creating a humanoid plants
New technology such as things that run on MC (Magic current) instead of DC (Direct Current or like normal plug ins) AC (Alternating Current or battery type) and items that use your brain waves
I have made some new creatures that I would like to use and develop more depth in them
I have developed a way to make unique wands and walking sticks

I have more ideas but these will give you an idea of what I have to offer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:26 pm 

Creator/// Imagination at work. I like your ideas..Magical beast store...each student is given a familiar.
Store of enchanted items and trinkets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 pm 

Here is where I am storing many of my things about the school that I run:
http://rp-worlds.wikia.com/wiki/Complet ... ic_Arts_RP

Take a look and see if you want to use any of the ideas.

I also have a photobucket where I have pictures stored:
http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/TheCr ... t=4&page=1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I should mention that the teacher I plan on using is a Nature Magicks Teacher. He is a Redwood that has been given magical properties and has grown limbs. Think of him like an articulate and very wise Groot(Guardians of the Galaxy's tree-like character).

His name is Professor Birchwood, and he has a green thumb and love of Nature, as well as knowing almost every plant and it's uses.

The reason I haven't added him here is we don't seem to have a Character sheet ready. are we waiting on something?

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 am 

He sounds interesting...a tree being... cool// His classroom will be the garden and in winter is a greenhouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

A couple Ideas I had:

1. The school could be a legitimate non threatening school, but viewed by someone(or a group of someones) as a threat that needs to be dealt with. Think Vampire vs Werewolf, except it would be Wizards Vs Cultists/Undefined as of yet Supernatural Creatures.

2. The Mage Guild only allows you to graduate if certain requirements are met, and if they are not able to be achieved, you must suffer the shame of starting as an initiate. the years and titles would be as follows:

a) First Year Student- Initiate
b) Second Year Student- Apprentice (chooses a Mentor(one of the teachers) as a means to excel in a particular element/type of spells)
c) Third Year Student- Mage in training (can switch mentors to further their education if they so choose)
d) Fourth Year Student- Sorcerer/Sorceress. (can tutor other students, and become teacher's aids in the classes they excel at)

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:33 am 

creator I looked at you web site and loved how you mapped the school... The school is a castle.. there will be banquet hall, kitchen, classrooms, a room that is a nursery for baby dragons, head master room, concert hall..plays, music, general assembly; gardens, greenhouse, headmaster office , infirmary. Am I missing thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 am 

What about class rooms? You will need to decide what kinds of classes you will have. For instance, will there be a place for baby familiars to play, what kind of labs will you need- I have a lab that is specifically for the anatomy of creatures and to weigh, measure them. What about a safe place to practice magic? You would need special wards that would protect students from harm and from the school being harmed. Do you want special barriers to keep run away pets from escaping.

My castle is sentient and has certain abilities to ensure that pets will not get into areas that they are not to be in but will allow my small personal dragons to move freely so that they can put out fires.

Did you read the various classes? I tried to logically make the classes into short term lessons of 4 for each level. Which means that you will need to decide on the classes and how many lessons that you would like to provide for each level. You may use my classes as a reference or even use the ones as I have as your classes if you would like.

What are you going to do during breaks? Some students might not want to go home or don't have a home to go to.
Perhaps we should chat somewhere. I usually use FaceBook for such things.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:25 pm 

Crreator you've done a lot of work. This is amazing. Thank you. We can collaborate later today. Got to run errands.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:39 pm 

I have run this kind of an RP for a number of years. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 am 

You put a lot of effort into it. will share ideas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:03 pm 

Wonderful. Just waiting for the RP to start. *smiles*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:09 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

I'm just waiting for criticism on my ideas, and the character skeleton sheet so I can start writing up my characters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 pm 

JD you have plenty of time...will be a bit to get the place built..May steal Creator's ides...borrow lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:32 pm 

Help yourself! I have several different kinds for the school depending on what you want to do in the future.