All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:17 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Behind us is the entrance to the single largest cavernous structure in the kingdom - no explorer, of all of the brave and stupid who have tried, has ever walked through every tunnel within, let alone lived to tell the tale. If you dare to enter the cave, be prepared to surrender your hope, your sanity, and possibly some of your stomach's contents as well.

What's This About?

Long story short, this is an RP about a cave. It's not just any cave, though - it's the Cave of Horrors, Agony, and Mild Annoyance, and legend has it that one can find vast treasures, strange creatures, and cave-y... stuff... within it.

You're (well, your characters are) part of an expedition team that entered to map the cave system in its entirety and dispel the rumor that these lengthy natural paths are actually a magical labyrinth.

And What Do You Do?

I'm the dungeon master here - basically, you control your character's actions, and I tell you what happens as a result of those actions. I also have a character, the Expedition Leader, who hired the party of player characters to enter the cave in the first place.

I'll also create non-player characters you may stumble across while you travel through the caves...though most will probably be bats or monsters.

How Does It Work?

Make a character, then I'll write you into the story. From there, I tell you what's going on, you type up a one-liner to control your character's actions, I tell you what happens again, you move your character again, and the cycle repeats itself.

Naturally, I'll be doing this kind of thing for multiple characters, so my posts may end up being longer.

For instance, your post might look like this: "I investigate the rock." Or this: "Investigate the rock" Or this: "Rock > Investigate" Whichever format you pick is fine for me, as long as I can understand it. And your characters will also be doing things like "I take the left path" or "Continue forward" or "Annoying Bat > Attack with Sword" (again, however you'd like to say it) - basically, this will be an action-themed RP with short sentences, and hopefully some humor along the way.

This Is Stupid

That's not a question.

Are There Guns?

No. Unless I introduce them later as a throwaway joke. But probably not.

How Do I Join?

This is the OOC thread, so to join, just do the following:

Copy and fill out this character sheet:

Name/Nickname:
Age/gender/appearance:
Occupation before joining expedition:
Preferred combat style:
Phobias:

(For instance, mine would look like this:

Name/Nickname: Jurgen Siberius, Expedition Leader
Age/gender/appearance: Mid-40's, male, muscular, rugged with scraggly beard
Occupation before joining expedition: Bear wrestler, entertainer
Preferred combat style: Hand-to-hand
Phobias: The color pink, rock golems)

Then you post your character sheet here, and I write you into the IC story, at which point you can start posting in that thread.

You can fill out and post a character sheet any time - this thread is open - but do not become impatient if I don't introduce you to the story right away. I'll try to get to it as soon as I see it.

(Note: I have not yet created the IC thread - as in the actual RP - but will do so as soon as I think there's enough players.)

Alright, so to recap, this is an action-packed, casual, and light-hearted RP - please enjoy!

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

Name/Nickname: Fenris Dragon Heart.
Age/gender/appearance: 24/ Male/ Short black hair, all black clothes, gothic
Occupation before joining expedition: Tavern musician
Preferred combat style: Shooting magic out of his lute
Phobias: Words with 7 syllables, feelings, ghosts, wraiths.

He has a tiny gragon that follows him around named Scrambles. He is purple and has an opium addiction.

Fenris wants to find inspiration for his next great song.

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

Last edited by Malikai on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:29 am 

Location: In the Aloha State, drinking Aloha water, living Aloha.

'Name/Nickname:Vincent Nolva "Vinnie"
Age/gender/appearance:23, male, slightly lean with strong arms, light tan with black hair
Occupation before joining expedition: blacksmith apprentice, weapon tester, wannabe assassin(he has a book on Assassin techniques)
Preferred combat style: twin daggers
Phobias: spiders, heights, his boss when he loses a customer

Vinnie is ready to eff this cave up!

Last edited by Dekros on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:30 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Name/Nickname: Layla
Age/gender/appearance: 18, Female, short pink and black hair she dyes herself (is naturally a blonde), short, plump.
Occupation before joining expedition: Archer
Preferred combat style: Long ranged
Phobias: Males hitting on her, Merpeople, broccoli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:27 pm 

Counting myself, that's four players so far - I can already tell that this is going to be a good RP.

I'll hold out for a couple more, perhaps - IC thread to be created soon.

The needless complication of the template appended to each of my posts? My signature characteristic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:38 pm 

I apologize for the delay. I still plan to create the IC thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:44 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Yay~ *hands Rev cookies*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:01 pm 

The IC thread has been created.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:30 pm 

- "Probably no one terrible important. Probably scared away by Woody." She looked at Fenris and frowned. "Don't even think that let alone say it."

- Fenris was overcome by an eerie feeling as the woman completely understood him already.

Lol XD

I don't know what's funnier - that Layla spoke up in the hopes that Fenris wouldn't tell a lame sex joke, or that she was completely right to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

*laughs* I don't know if that adds to it, but I was meaning the fact that Fenris said there was nothing here XD Looks like Layla knows more than I do

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 am 

I still don't know what I was thinking, calling that crate "Woody".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:37 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Obvious name? It was a wooden crate? Cratey sounded worse?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:04 am 

Medals: 1
Dedicated Partner (1)

I thought it was all wonderful haha

"Who put bacon in the soap?!?!?!" - Zim

I'm writing this story! It's called The Legends of Kal'duune. You can comment about things you like or hate, but preferably the first thing, here!

This thing is my resume! Reeeeaad iiiiiit...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

To be fair, obvious Woody wasn't very hard since all it took was a lightning bolt to break him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm 

To be fair, he was made out of wood, and had no magic resistance despite technically being an animate object.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:15 pm 

Note to all who are observing:

At this point in the story, everyone is in the cave town, meeting the people, and about to embark on an adventure. This is the perfect time to join the RP if you haven't already - all you need to do is fill out a character sheet and I can write you into the story.