All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:29 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I have two things I need to say, the first is that we can either use the objects I have thought up so far as loot and the like (Armor, potions, weapons... (Which is not as much in variety which I have hoped, apologies for that .) Etc. Or, if you wish too we can use the Donjon Online fantasy randomized generator. Which has has an unlimited amount of items and the like to be discovered (I can easily incorporate it into this all no problem, specifically this. Medieval. :God's: King's: and the dead:. Though, any of my other multiple choices are most likely not compatible with this randomized generator, at least, the ones that are not medieval anyways.

Here is the link for if any one reading this wants to start there own thing like what I am doing, or at least something similar to what I am doing, I think a homemade D&D like game might be best, as this Multiple choice game was fun to make, but also it was hell on earth to develope, which is why it took so long to get up. (Please don't mind my language) The reasoning for the difficulty was mainly due to the part of me making it pretty well open world (Which 99% of multiple choices are not sandbox based, and you simply just make a set amount of choices, no going back. You get the according ending to your choices, the end. I said no to that, and decided to find open world ones, or to see if they existed. While they do exist, they actually cost a bit of money to play xD and for good reason. I admit, making an open world one was a momentary mistake and laps in my judgment, but it worked out in the end.

Here is the Randomized fantasy game generator link by the way: http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/dungeon/

(I also feel like I should mention that- In these types of writings/games (It depends on what you want to call this) there is a certain set of actions you can choose from, or you can do a custom action. If you do not feel as though you wish to choose one of the preset actions, the :Custom Action: selection will allow you to do what you like, you can even write how you like, that is why I posted this in Omega. You can use as many words to describe your actions as you please. Or simply choose one of the preset multiple choice answers I will have along side the custom choice selection.

You may even write like this is an average ordinary run of the day rp. You know- like this. "I looked around the cell, the darkness seeming to have added an air of unease." It does not matter if you write in third person or first person as well. If you cannot think of anything you wish to do, you may simply pick a preset choice, these choices will also, be based off of the knowledge your character has, so- if you do not know where a shop is in town, do not be afraid to ask a random citizen, just remember. It may not always go in your favor, in more ways then one. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask.)
----
Aging and the passing of time.
(This time and age factor is for Medieval game only, there is different type for each one.)

There is also a time cycle, did I mention that? and months too? if your character gets too old in the game, and somehow manages to live past the age of 65. You must have a dice rolled for your strength. To see if you fight off sickness... if you get sick, your health dwindles down one point per half a day, and you must use potions to heal yourself only, not sleep. Sleep does not help anything but your energy this time. This is not so bad, you are thinking, right? well, each next year that passes with you still sick, the health drop goes up one point, so if it is your first sick year, it drops 1 point every time you pass half a day. Next year, it will drop two points. You can fix your illness by doing certain things in the game. Which will be revealed as you play.
----
Phase one: Character creation

Name:(This will be your characters name, obviously xD sorry, I am just explaining, I know well enough you must realize what a name is but I am just being thorough in my explanation, lol.)
Appearance:(Picture or description, I am not picky for such things whether you write it out or not.)
-
'Stats'
The interesting thing about the stats in this game, is that how I work them, it will work in harmony with your style of playing this. It is hard to explain, but you will see what I mean during the adventure. If you wish me to explain it, I will though it could take a little bit.

Strength: (Strength can be used to determine whether or not if you get a hit on an enemy in a battle by overpowering them, you deal out the normal amount of damage you can while using this for an attack, that is if you succeed in hitting your enemy of course. Also, some environmental events, such as pushing objects or breaking something, may be easier if you have a higher strength. If you are going to be a straight up face to face fighter, I suggest putting points into this, agility and luck)

Agility: (Agility is simply how fast you can move, and whether or not you may be able to do some environmental events such as climbing a structure, or even escaping from trouble. You may use this as an alternative to strength for attacking enemies, though due to it being a less aggressive way to fight, there is a minus two to how much damage you deal out. On the upside if you do use this as a way to attack and you fail at the dice roll of whether or not you hit them, you get a free second role. This second role will allow you to have a chance at dodging their attack. Then you continue)

Charm: (This is probably the simplest stat to explain, basically this is your stat for having social skills xD, if you have a good charm. If you are talking to a merchant, you may role for this when buying something from them and hey you might get a better deal. If you are talking to a person this stat will decide whether or not they trust what you say, whether they do what you tell them to do. etc. Like I said, it is pretty much your stat for social skills. xD)

Guile: (Simply enough, this is a stat for how well you sneak around or how easily it is to silently kill somebody, or even steal an object from their pockets, so to speak. If you want to be an assassin like character or possibly a thief, I suggest putting points into this, agility, along with luck and intelligence.)

Intelligence: (Intelligence is how smart you are, whether or not you have a better chance at discovering things such as hidden passages and the like using your brain and what not. Basically when I describe the place you are in and if you have a high intelligence I will roll the dice, if you succeed in the dice roll, I will write down in my post that there is a crack in the wall, or the end of a chest or switch beside a painting or curtain, again it depends on if there is actually a secret in the place you are in as well. That is why it is such as good thing to have if you are an assassin or thief.)

Luck: (This is a stat that is good to have mainly for the fact that it allows you possibly hit a vital spot on in enemy, possible killing them instantaneously or heavily wounding them. It affects whether or not what happens if someone notices you doing something, such as a lucky event for you, possibly causing something to fall on them or even for you to accidently find a hiding place or the like. It basically affects most of the things you do, and that is why it is good to have for any character, though especially those who really make use of stealth.)
-----------------------------------
Each skill starts with 5 points. You have enough points to put 10 points in each skill evenly, making each stat an average of 15. Though- you are able to select where and how you use your stat points in whatever stats you wish.
(Just remember, if you are too weak in a certain stat, you may or may not suffer certain consequences with certain choices that are applicable to that stat.)

Here is your character's statistics, put your points into them wisely, and think about what type of person your character is going to be. Also, keep in mind also, that there is chance to find items in the game, whether it be on bodies, in chests or lootable things, or even in shops for purchase... that can affect your stats, so you will still be able to raise them throughout your adventure.)

Amount of character creation stat points:60
Strength: 5
Agility: 5
Charm: 5
Guile: 5
Intelligence: 5
Luck: 5
---
Once you do this part, I will post the rest of the character creation (Which is not much left) and we can get started on the adventure, trust me you will encounter many odd ball characters and many blatantly serious ones, did I mention you can also become a king/queen in this, or you could even become a werewolf. There is even the ability to become a bandit leader which is called a (Bandit King) and be a sort of evil character in this, you may even start an uprising and or start your own kingdom off, xD. I have put lots of work into this, so do not underestimate it at first glance. lol. Also, you do not have to do anything you do not want to in this world, if you really want to just do the storyline part. Just ignore exploring and the such, but also keep in mind you must keep a good supply of gold for other things, which you can do by doing simple quests and the like or selling loot you find on enemies.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:22 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Name: Annareecia (Her friends call her Reecie)
Species: wood elf
Height: 4'5"
Description:Small, even by elvin standards. Long, flowing auburn red hair,
pale skin, one brown eye, one green eye.
(See avatar)

Attributes:
Physically weak
Spiritually strong
Expert with a bow (at her fathers persistence)
Has a way with animals and nature.

Agility: 20
Charm: 20
Guile: 10
Intelligence: 20
Luck: 15

It is not about waiting out the storm. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:55 am 

The whole having a higher age span deal is alright, since there are much fewer months in this game then there is in real life, also time passes by faster, so it will be fine in the end. You have chosen a good age for your wood elf to leave time for aging in the game and the effects. Though what effects I will have to take out because of you being an elf, well. I will it handle it when it comes along. For now, let us finish your character. So, so far we have.
---
Name: Annareecia (Her friends call her Reecie)
Species: wood elf
Height: 4'5"
Description:Small, even by elvin standards. Long, flowing auburn red hair,
pale skin, one brown eye, one green eye. (See avatar)

Attributes:
Physically weak
Spiritually strong
Expert with a bow (at her fathers persistence)
Has a way with animals and nature.

Agility: 20
Charm: 20
Guile: 10
Intelligence: 20
Luck: 15
---
What I am gathering from your character is that she is a very intelligent being, with skills in a dodge then strike style of swordsmanship, and a sniper style of bow use, hitting her mark pretty simply. I am gathering that she is decently silent, though does not prefer to get close as she is not an expert, and could have a chance of alerting an enemy if she is too close to them. She is as lucky as the average person, and she knows this, so does not solely rely on it in situations of dire need, instead using her intelligence to get her out of situations that seem dire to her life. If she needs to move something large, she will need another way to get rid of the object as she is lacking in any attributes to move something larger than herself. While Annareecia is good with animals, and will sometimes be able to get them to trust and help her, some of the more magical or monstrous beings may not listen to her despite her charm with such creatures.
----
So, every character starts with twenty points of health-
Health:20/20
-and also
20/20 points of energy.

You health is what you rely on so as not to die, and your energy is used to cast certain magical abilities such as spells and the like, but it is also how much your character can do things in the run of a day, if she runs out of energy for the day, she will be too tired to do anything. So you must sleep. Keep this in mind if and when you use any magical spells or the like when you discover them. Because if you run out of energy during a battle... you will be so tired you can not resist their attacks, or you can not resist being captured if they would decide capture you and not murder you, that is.

So, are you ready to start? I can explain certain things along the way, and at the end of every post on my end, you will see a little-
*Tips:*
-section at the bottom, if you read this, I may sometimes offer little bits of help so you can move along in the story/world, or I may even tip you about certain rumors of magical items, or simply tell you about a shop or inn inside a city. Safe to say, always keep your eye out for it, as it may offer something useful, this is sort of a balance for if you do not find any info from civilians of a town or city and such.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:09 am 

yes, I think I am ready to start

It is not about waiting out the storm. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:53 pm 

Alright then! I will have a link up-

Here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43427

-In but a moment. I am still making an intro post and putting your char and as such up in it. Just give me a few moments.

Last edited by Marco on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm 

Alright, here we are! I will have the opening post up in one second!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 am 

glances at the sweep second hand on her watch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:06 pm 

The forum is up! just click on the new link above.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:39 pm 

Ummmm.... Marco?
the o o c thread is in omega, but the ic thread is in beta?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 pm 

It was moved by a mod, they must have accidently put it into a beta 1x1 and not omega 1x1, I will see if I can fix it. Don't worry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:49 pm 

Smiles her warm yet evil grin. Worried? No.. Only enhances the already lost and confused setting of the story.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:04 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It's been moved.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 am 

Thanks Effie!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 am 

xD lol, it's one of those things you just need to go through to learn what its about. When you start finding out information. It will become more clear.