All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

okay its fixed and luxuria you can post

hahaha if it weren't for my friends my head might be walking off on its on XD j/k

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm 

some of these people were in the old version

you and specious are recruits.

my apologies luxuria

everyone I loved the profiles =D

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Bee tee dubya, how is international travel in this setting? I plan on inciting some shenanigans in Hong Kong at some point in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 pm 

hahahaha it is worse than the blackmarket but believe me...Drake leads rebels world round. missions in hong kong go through drake but don't worry...united states just ground zero...so to speak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:12 am 

loved the posts everyone =)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 am 

luxuria we will encounter your character very soon.

specious...i left it open for you and lyno to encounter on your terms or in a more general area of underhive. to not move your chari any.

alright coloring then it will be posted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:46 am 

and posted. I hope you enjoy =)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 pm 

Oh such great posts everyone, and humorous too!
Questioneee~!
Is my character supposed to stay in the HQ or can he come to the zoo?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 pm 

um your guy wasn't with the rebels yet.

he was randomly walking in new york city and that is up to you.

you post before drake.

lol but luxuria your guy isn't a rebel yet. you are the recruit to be XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:43 pm 

oh lord...imma roll with that. seeing as drake connections go everywhere in the underworld aka drake knows them criminals. they all in the same boat. hence analista and his helping with their special net and powering it with magic not science.

heh...nice twist and imma roll with it because it works with things drake already has in the works. hence why lyno is head of illegal aka 'illegal' operations. that his whole shibang. though never had a name for it

so awesome. already got ideas flowing hehe thanks specious. now...stay outta my brain. you might get hurt =P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:21 am 

Never make posts at 2am ... I will make some changes then :P

EDIT: Alright, have changed some things in my post, there are no more rebels mentioned and the hq's have been replaced with abandoned sewers, should be alright now.
Again...sorry, but military ranks an- *explodes*
CONFUSION!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:39 am 

eh? um okay XD

your post was fine. kinda figured he called his hole in the wall hq XD

rebels...hehe never thought them military. they are more like a group of militarilistic spies...considering they are world wide but it is cool lol

this'll be fun either way

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:19 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Should I bother writing up brief profiles for the other members of Damocles' Hunter Lodge or would you rather I just waited until they get called up in the future?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:25 pm 

um no...if they are general npcs you don't need to. it is doubtful any of them are other magic users. if magic users were easy to find VIKKI would have annihilated them all XD

however if you wish you can lol just like name appearance age job

that be it. and you can put them all in the same.

course lyno knows the old guy your chari interacted with lol

anyways if you wish to sure I'd love to know more about them. it isn't required =)

so you can do them all now or as they come up in occurance if they be interacting often.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:37 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Very well. Perhaps they're minor spellcasters, then, lacking the PCs' raw power? The intro seemed to say that when magic returned, the PCs were simply more powerful than the average street mage. I certainly think having a large community of minor spell-slingers would make the setting more compelling.

Kairos Acquisitions:

Name: Karma
Appearance: Average height, athletic. Fine-boned, regal appearance. Fair-skinned, red hair and freckles.
Role: Stealth, close combat, medicine
Spell school (if spellcaster): Biomancy, with emphasis on healing and shapeshifting

Name: Arno
Appearance: Tall, heavily built. Blond, blue-eyed, and square-jawed. Typical action hero look.
Role: Marksman/Technomancer
Spell school (if spellcaster): Necromancy, Technomancy

Name: Deuce
Appearance: Short, lean, dark-skinned, bald, tattooed.
Role: Heavy weapons, wheelman/pilot, shaman (if spellcaster)
Spell school (if spellcaster): Short-term Divination

Name: Whistler
Appearance: Graying, wiry, athletic. Heavily scarred, with an eyepatch over missing right eye.
Role: Fixer, fence, logistics
Spell school: N/A, normal human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm 

actually not everyone has magic. only a select few. the spellcasters have powerful magic.

that is why drake goes out and recruits and gives safe haven to the magic users. because there is very few compared to the 95% of normal humans in the world.

but yes. there could be others with less but again drake would have sought them out and helped with the formation of their own less known for magic organization. or the guild.

as I said...the magic users are the salvation but there is more NORMAL humans than magic users.

there could be a community specious but any wiccans pagans known practicing witches or warlocks were exterminated once magic became known to VIKKI. they were deemed too dangerous to the rest of society to live. VIKKI neither cared nor desired to test if their claims of magic were real or not. to her they were a threat to the "protection" of humanity from itself. thus threat was eliminated.

however, as I said...stragglers would have remained and been brought together in their oewn community such as you called them street mages.

there isn't a large society of street mages. simply due to if you could be a threat to VIKKI you thus needed removal. VIKKI believes to protect humans they must not be allowed to do bad things.

yet Drake and lyno both been helping. Lyno would've headmastered leading a group of street mages along with that old geezer...before drake even at a young age was forming the rebellion and helping with others like analista who have known drake longer than anyone even lyno.

this is bigger than VIKKI knows. what people used to call suicide bombers...you know guys who blew themselves and what not up altered after VIKKI to suiced mages.

reason being is before lyno had back up of rebels and crimelords werne't being picked off due to vikki...there was no way for any remaining street mages to survive. they couldn't do their practice because one slight blip could mean their death.

of course there is always those willing to take the fall for the greater good/evil depending on how you view it. thus they became suicide mages. pretending magehood so that street mages like your npcs that will be in this story...could do their true work undetected.

this actually is less so now because of the underworld net and the rebels and the underground networking all working together between underground fighters to crimelrods.

thus it is for once an entire world...secretly working together.

which brings me to an important question.

am I allowed to use your npcs that you have listed as well? if not and even if I am then I'd like you to coordinate their missions with me via PM.

because your twist that works wiht my plot beautifully spawned new ideas on that end of things I'd like to keep as a surprise for the other members of the plot =)

back to the plot. magic all but died out. there wa sa small seemingly big but realistically not of street mages. then the ICs like damolcus and the others that are played are born. they are the TRUE reencarnation of actual magic. like you'd hear of being used by merlin and morgan le faye etc.

but when VIKKI went the way she did...even those whose magics were a bit more than street mages or street mages...it became seen as a weapon. a hazard to humanity which thus needed to be gotten rid of. people aren't even allowed sports anymore to be honest.

in fact lyno enjoys walking around smoking cigarettes as it is against the law and forbidden. alcohol...forbidden. if humans were killing or deestroying or "hurting" themselves with it...it was outlawed. except in areas like Underhive...even then weapons and things kept off the streets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:27 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Sure, using my NPCs works fine. Just let me establish their personalities and quirks first, please. And do have people PM me if they intend to kill off one of said NPCs, as I would do the same should they introduce their own coterie of minor allies. Also, am I allowed to make any of them minor spell-slingers at all?

After all, it seems implausible that only one organization is actively recruiting and protecting mages. It's all too likely that clusters of mages and criminals coordinate and survive via the Unternet (if that's still a thing here) and cyberspace. That opens up a world of possibilities for characters. Government-employed sorcerors decked out in cybernetics, for instance, acting as assassins and black ops. Corporate Wage Mages protected by layers upon layers of paperwork and technicalities. Or, as with Damocles and potentially Kairos Acquisitions, they could have teamed up locally with the aid of the underworld community. Unaffiliated third party militants working towards their own goals, perhaps, like a rival organization to your PCs' band of rebels.

To be honest, it seems highly unlikely that even the most thorough purgation methods would eradicate enough casters to make the PCs and their few allies the only functional mages on the planet. There would simply be too many factors working to conceal mage births from our Glorious Robot Overlords. Humans are tough, resilient, and resourceful little insects, after all, even without the aid of magic shenanigans.

Of course, I assume that the world's population remains between 10,000 (the approximate minimum viable population of humanity, depending on the source) and several billion (ballparking the estimated population of the 2090s as 10+ billion in the real world). I'm unsure what the exact ratio is of magic-capable births to normal births, though, so I can't make any proper mathematical estimates just yet.

You DID mention "95% humans", which, if I'm reading correctly, translates to 5% spellcasters. That results in about 5 mages per 95 muggles. A 1:19 ratio. That's still an amazing number of people with the Gift, which can only mean that there logically should be at least several hundred minor mages active in New York City alone, accounting for the purges.

However, I'm just basing this on the information available to me so far. My math will probably be off if more variables are thrown into the mix later on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 pm 

I assumed that they were already minor spellslingers. and actually there is only one rebellion. Drake literally is heading it with factions all over the world. THat is why he personally goes out and about. the underground network has its own workings. and you are right there are minor spell slingers but as I said they aren't that many and you are underestimating the fact that the world is literally even in 3rd world country owned by VIKKI and the droids and other technology people things creatures that were made by VIKKI or taken over by her.

this computer is not a normal computer and its also not to be thought of in terms of reality as this is sci fi and fantasy as well as other aspects. there actually isn't a rival organization.

that is what i am trying to tell you. there is no rival organization as the entire world relies upon the rebels. the world literally is working as one under drakes rebellions and as you stated smaller factions of small spellslingers like your npcs

and no actually even people who you would think would do that wouldn't. this isn't a world where humans are entirely able to trust each other but mostly can. you see in this world there is a small sect of humans for their own self preservations who are with VIKKI. majority aren't

yes humans are tough resilent and resourceful insects but in this case the world is entirely reliant on the magic users for their salvations. science is no longer trust worthy.

there isn't any way to ratio the magic capable births. as they aren't generally knwon at birth.

so you don't need to worry about mathmatical calculations. XD

there is no reason to over complicate an rp made for fun and what not. and that was a general statistic as that is what I thought you were asking for.

and no there actually isn't. due to as I said the circumstances of the story only the brave ones would be minor mages. others wouldn't use it at all or would refuse to acknowledge its existance. humanity are not as brave as they used to be.

VIKKI and her way of controlling humanity to "protect" them is without discrimination. hitler would be more rational about killing you.

however, as I said there is no reason to over complicate things. and I can't explain everything or there would be no mysteries left for you and the others.

the true spellcasters are the ones of the rebellions. the minor spellslingers while if you take the world as a whole are more than true spellcasters if you branch them out into separate areas each area alone has very few.

relax specious. ^__^ no need for more calculatings and magic. there isn't any factors to conceal mage births because you don't know the differences between mage and not at birht. it just isn't something science can detect.

and as I said...there is no more military ran by humans. unless you count rebels or factions like your characters backed by rebels and the underground societies...there is nothing left of the world you and I know of. so while in normal circumstances you'd be right...in this rps world...you aren't.

so sadly I'm afraid your theories are not going to work because of how this rp is designed. VIKKI has removed humanitis ability to "harm" itself. Until the rebels started even the criminal world was nearing extermination. the military world was already wiped out shorly after VIKKI decided that to protect human they could no longer be allowed to do anything that would hurt them.

there is remnants of governments but there is no governments. there is no military. there is no "criminals" as far as VIKKI knows. as I explained...if it werent' for the Rebel's coming to be there would be no hope for humanity.

the crime lords even before that help were running on bought time. you are thinking this world is allowed to keep any way to try to get rid of VIKKI. in fact they weren't. anyone who resisted the removal of things like assassians and what nots...were killed. anyone caught aiding and abedding ex military or those of occupations which could harm themselves or others...were killed.

VIKKI is not built with the concept of human emotions. she knows them but it is over ridden by her twisted belief that to protect humanity's existance she must also thus protect humans from themselves.

so yes there is small groups like your hunters guilds. with minor spellslingers. yes there is a large amount of them if you take all around the world as a whole compared to the Rebel spellslingers. but on a whole...our world is not the way you and I know it.

so there is no way to mathmatic or statistic this Earth with anything that would normally be considered as you pointed out.

all valid points but VIKKI is controlling ALL of humanity.

and not really. As Drake has said to others of rival organizations. you all may have different goals but in the end if we as an entire world do not work together until our world is human run again any other goals that may be in existance will have little positive results. You can't have your own goals if our entire world is killed off little by little. In the end...we all need each other or we will all die together.

you can't conceal a mage birth as it isn't different from a normal birth. no special markings. no special anamolies. if it was possible for that to be detected than VIKKI would just kill the woman carrying the child before it had a chance to be born. The world outside the underworld networkds connected to factions like damolcus, the rebels, the criminals underworld net, the underground societies...outside of them everything is still run off science based technology.

even with there being minor cybernetics involved it is too risky and high attention bringing a thing to even bother with. that being out of crime lords mouths. at the moment things like weapons are a higher priority than special enhancements. cybernetics aren't even that common. they aren't that awesome in this RP. in fact they are cool but they really aren't high priority compared to in other rp worlds.

so everything you said would indeed have a factor in things in another rp specious. in this one though...they aren't even part of the concept.

as I said there is others. once this all works out nd VIKKI goen human kind runs things again everyone branch off. things will begin to go back to the statistics and things you have broahced. at the moment though...none of that is an issue.

as I said...the world is truly together on this. through all those little things.

assassians are few and far between. even minor spellslingers aren't that many compared to humans.

this is a fantasy based rp with aspects of scifi and what not but it isn't intended to deal with a lot of sciency things. outside of VIKKI and what not. lol

I hope that explains it more.

I am afraid I can't tell you overly much more or you'll have no fun in the rp. XD

and as I said...I already approved and loved your npcs profiles. when you put them up you had them as minor spellslingers.

you had merely asked if there was a large amount and I was informing you in a rough guesstimate no. in each area there is very few but on a whole there is a large amount of them. yet in new york...your group is all there is above ground. not everywhere has them. mage births aren't differnet. minor spellslingers generally teach themselves it but spellcasters like those of the actual rebellion aren't born differently than others.

the world above still relies solely on VIKKI and her science based technology

whereas the underground society where you'll find the remianing crime lords...runs off magic based technology.

so there is a difference between even the Underhives of places and the underground society.

for underhives try to limit technology less its magic based.

as VIKKI is basically a created "god" of the entire planet. she isn't over just the US but the entire world is under her "mothering" so to speak.

and they aren't muggles they are just humans lol. and that was a rough guesstimate. that was to show you that even minor spellcasters are so much fewer than normal

and ones like drake even fewer still. the street mages vikki eradicated were already born and wee known userrs. if there is ones who do it in secret its done in underhive. there still wouldn't be that many. unless they are brave like your crew...most stopped or refuse to learn. or pretend to be normal.

even some spellcasters who are of the rebel levels...refuse to acknowledge the magic or use it due to the fact it is a death sentence to have magic. even healing magic...is forbidden.

yes humans are tough and resilient but they are also survivors and most won't do something that has a high chance of voiding their living. even if honestly life on earth right now...sucks.

I hope I explained it better but I do hope to have explained that you don't need to keep trying to math out this rp. It isn't intended to need mathing out. and I will try and explain more if I can without revealing a lot. since this isn't supposed to be a dnd type rp. even dnd without dice usage. this is just a normal rp concept to have fun. ^__^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Ah. Very well, then. I do occasionally forget that I can't apply hard science to everything. I overthink things too often. Anyway, should I keep these NPCs as normals or do you want them as street mage-level casters?

Also, does this mean the cast doesn't have to worry about going up against hostile government-employed mages? Because that would actually be a pretty awesome boss battle.

And furthermore, given that the rebellion has managed to unite rival factions, does this still leave room for infighting? For instance, if Branch X decides that Plot Device A should be captured, while Branch Y thinks it's too dangerous, and they give their guys conflicting objectives? Or are we assuming that everything is operating on a cell system, in which individual cells are unaware of the details behind the operations of other cells of equivalent clearance? Alternately, has the rebellion gone on long enough that they've become a unified alliance rather than a loose coalition of gangs, thieves, and criminals?

Sorry for all the questions and nitpicking. I don't mean to offend. I'd just like to make sure that I comprehend the setting's canon properly to make sure my posts are sensible within the context and constraints of the RP's universe. I don't want to accidentally write something that totally conflicts with established canon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:09 pm 

hahaha i liked them the way you had them when you first put them up. :)

hahaha oh there is no governmental employed mages but...hehehe >:) I can't say more. XD

sorry but there will be other things.

to answer your thing about branch x and y they have come to the agreement that for the moment they will work together but when world was theirs again they are going to kill them.

and no. details of operations aren't given. they do say hey in three days my peeps be in your turf. aside from that minor bit of respect at the moment it is don't forget imma kill you ass later >_>

but no. if they feel that they contact Lyno or Drake. even though lyno is the "kingpin" so to speak of the illegal branches aka the crimelords. it is more common for them to go screw you lyno...and ask for Drake.

the rebellion is on going long enough. at the moment it is a unified alliance but do not dobut it...they are ALL clear on that it is only that way UNTIL VIKKI is gone. then we gunning for your asses again type of thing.

at first they were. then drake came and they all become entirely unified UNTIL such time as humans rule the world and VIKKI is gone for good.

so if branch x decides that plot device a should be captured but branch y thinks its too dangerous they would have before drake maybe called lyno but they'd have done that.

however, drake managed to smooth things out and temporarily rivalities are put to the wayside. they are unified but say branch x and y get told by lyno who is over the underworld things that no that is too dangerous and branch y says it needs to be captured they'd call Drake.

who despite his age has proven his worth and earned his place of respect without resorting to violence in most cases. then if drake says yeah lyno is right it is too dangerous then that is that to them.

but of course with drake he doesn't just go it is too dangerous cuz one side says so.

he hears branch x's views from top to bottom then hears branch y's views top to bottom. pooling together the information and taking out the parts that are similar. when left with what he has he goes through it all and sees it from both views.

his thought process is too complex to go with but unlike lyno he gets the entire fact lowdown. thus when he says branch x is right it is too dangerous the others respect it because it is unbiased and going off of EVERYONES views facts etc.

I may not have explained it well but I was attempting XD

lol not offended at all. =) I am glad you are asking and trying to understand. :)

It is completely alright. as I said I will explain what I can without revealing too many mysteries.

as well analista helps with information gathering so that is another part in this.

in the end run they are unified alliance rather than loose coalition BUT they are still their own coaliations.

they just temporarily are not at each others throats. it is not a let bygones be bygones it is merely until we are top of the food chain for now we are one team but when we are free of VIKKI...imma kill you type of thing.

but no there is no governments so no government street mages.

there could be infighting but that hasn't gone on at all since Drake finished unifying them as one UNTIL they are all free of VIKKI. before that lyno tried to keep that down but when it got out of hand Drake stepped in. he might be young but he seems way old at times mentality wise.

even the old geezer respects Drake as a go to guy. for if you ask for Drake perosnally and you part of the guild your guy is in or the underworld net etc...he will come. he won't send others in his place. he will come talk to you man to man. he always has even when he was younger. so most don't even view him as his age but as the leader he is.

if that makes any sense. XD

hahaha its alright. I figured out that you were trying to do that. I figured you were overthinking things but its okay.

I actually would prefer you had them the way you did when you first put them up. a mixture of street mage/normal who rely more on their forbidden "normal" skillsets than the street mage magic. I actually thought that really cool

and I promise you I wasn't offended ^__^ I was more worried that I would offend you telling you to reign back your brain it was going into over drive lol

i hope I explained everything :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next