All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (3)

Storyline
The year is 2101, and it has been two years before the first infections. The virus was discovered on December 31st, 2099, the day before the turn to the 22nd century. After the first, there were two more, and then after those, four more, then ten, one hundred, a thousand. The infection spread rapidly. After the first two weeks, the infection infected the entire city of Albany, New York, and then half of the state. After an entire month, the entire state of New York and beyond was infected. After six months, all of the United States had been infected, except for the few lucky ones that had a natural immunity to the virus.

After a year, the rest of the world obtained it. It was a global infection. And even there were findings of some "super-infected'. These beings were absolutely terrifying. They couldn't transmit the disease, but they could easily kill a human. There was a "Spitter", "Smoker", "Hunter", "Boomer", "Jockey", "Charger", "Screamer", then three "ultra-infected" known as the "Witch", "Tank", and a "Viper".

Your place is among four other survivors; one of the few hundred across the globe that had an immunity to the infection. You are in the state of California, in the capital city of Sacramento. You must fight through the near-infinite horde of "zombies" and reach San Diego, near the US-Mexico border, where a coast-guard outpost is located.

You must get there, and get there quick.

Or else.

~~
  • The Boomer is a bloated infected that can spit vision-impairing bile on the Survivors that attract hordes of infected, and explodes on death, spewing more bile in the immediate area.
  • The Hunter is an agile foe that can jump from buildings, high areas, or from far away, and pounce on a Survivor, and then tear at his victim until he is knocked off or killed.
  • The Smoker has a long tongue that he can use to ensnare a Survivor and then drag him back to himself, either attacking the Survivor directly, allowing the horde to attack the Survivor, or leaving the Survivor suspended over a cliff or roof edge; the Smoker only releases its victim if the tongue is shot or on death, at which point it dies in a burst of vision-clouding smoke for a brief period.
  • The Charger, an infected with an enormously mutated right arm, can charge into the survivors and seize and separate one survivor from the others whilst pummeling them into the ground, rendering the player helpless until one of their teammates helps them.
  • The Spitter can project balls of stomach acid that splatter across an area. This acid is incredibly corrosive, and will eat away at virtually anything it touches.
  • The Jockey can jump onto the back of a survivor and steer them into other infected or environmental hazards, whilst clawing at the players head.
  • The Sceamer is a straight-jacket bound infected that will normally be heard before it is seen. The only warning sound of it are gasping whimpers and whining, much like the Witch. And, upon finding it, or it finding you, it will emit a extremely high-pitched screech that can cause temporary deafness (1-2 hours) and shatter glass.

~
  • The Viper, is a slender and extremely agile infected that can dodge basic hand-to-hand combat easily. It has four-inch-long fangs potruding from its mouth, and when it bites a survivor, it pumps a powerful venom that can kill in 20 minutes. When killed, it explodes, spraying a corrosive liquid that can eat through metal. It is normally in wetlands, hiding in the water, and when you near it, you hear soft bubbling, and the closer you get, the louder, and more violent the bubbling/splashing gets; it only shows itself when you trip and/or touch it with your feet.
  • The Tank is a gigantic muscular infected that has the ability to swipe at Survivors, knocking them off their feet and incapacitating them; it can also knock cars and other debris into the Survivors. Due to its immense muscle structure, it can withstand amazing amounts of gunfire.
  • The Witch is a passive female infected that stays in a spot, crying; Survivors can sneak by the Witch, but if they should disturb her with light or loud noises, she will become aggressive and attack the closest Survivor. She will even be sometimes wandering about during the daylight times, crying.

~

Ordinary Infected
The common infected encountered are fast and agile, weak individually, but may be overwhelming in numbers. They display a special attraction to high-pitched alarm-type sounds, such as the beeping device attached to pipe bombs and car alarms. Common infected will often chase down the source of these noises while ignoring lower-pitched, but much louder sounds such as gunfire. They will sometimes attack in large groups known as "Hordes".

~~~~~

Teh Character sheet
(remember: you have an immunity to the virus, so if you get bitten by a common infected, you won't turn)
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] First and last
[b]Age:[/b] Minimum of 17
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Weapons of Choice:[/b] Guns, hand weapons, explosives, etcetera; be realistic though
[b]Occupation before the pandemic:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] What was their past like? Anything traumatic? Any huge events happen? What was their childhood like? What was their life like before the virus, and then after, and during?
Minimum: 5 sentences

[b]Appearance:[/b] What do they look like? Hair color, eye color, body-build, cup-size (only for women), clothing, etcetera. Has to be descriptive enough to visualize the person.
[b]Piercings:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]How do they act? Favorites, likes, dislikes, fears, etc.

[b]Other?:[/b] Anything else?

The Rules
  • No god-modding
  • Use chatspeak or bad grammar/puncuation in your IC and I shall punt you to the outer regions of reality.
  • No overpowering
  • Don't argue with me. I will win.
  • If you wanna argue with another member, take it to the PMs
  • There are 5 playable survivors; after four other people have joined, I will close down the sign ups.
  • Please, don't be too god-awfully inappropriate
  • If I didn't confirm that you have been accepted, don't post.
  • I would like replies to be a paragraph or two. One-liners makes
  • This is very explicit; there will be much blood and gore (exploding zombies tends to be bloody) JOIN AT YOUR OWN RISK!

~

The Survivors;;

"God forgive you, but I never can." -- Queen Elizabeth I

My Poem to all of you ~<3
Roses are orange
Violets are green

I'm colour-blind,
but here're some flowers anyway

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace