All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

As Arnia chastised them for being 'unprofessional', Ro'que could only nod in acceptance. She had always been this way; quick to ignite and even quicker to berate. But Ro'que had become duly accustomed to her fervant displays of superiorty. The burden of duty had fallen heavy upon her shoulders but even though she'd always managed, he could tell that Arnia was just as worried as he was. Oftentimes he would display his usually lax behaviour whenever she riled up against him but it wasn't the time or place. Plus with two collegues beside him and one being a subordinate, he could hardly show any disrespect towards Arnia's authority, no matter how long he'd known her. He hoped that she'd understood that his worrying was genuine and, although he already knew what he should be doing, his question was meant to inform her of his view of the current situation.

Several Nezumi and Mages wandering about freely whilst the Queen went off gallivanting with old Cinder-Fur, each of them armed to the teeth and unchecked. It was a security nightmare. One that he'd have to pick up the pieces of if it all went badly. Ro'que sighed and watched as Ashton left, allowing himself a slight smile as he greeted a girl within the crown. Then, turning to his old friend Nixus, he gave him a soft jab on his shoulder. "C'mon you buffoon, let's go and find me a date. Maybe you'll even get lucky yourself!" He laughed and took a step away from the large polar bear. It was an act to show that he was complying with his superior and a note to his friend that he too should do the same.

The Queen didn't need them to be worried right now, even if they couldn't help it. So Ro'que would do as he was told, for now.

Check out my Roleplay by clicking the image above! It's about Sky Pirates! :P

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:50 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Zasha got up off the ground without the worry of many people. Not surprisingly, she realized her mistake in attempting to mingle. She had never gotten along with that many of the others despite the kinship between the people of her race. The only person she was close to was her old friend the smith before her. Though that was a long time ago before the death of the smith and she took the place. She had even felt slight kin ship toward Marcus-Till though only barely. Brushing off her fur and clothing. She tapped her Iron cased claws to her side as she slipped about the crowed and to the table with all the food. Zasha supposed she was slightly peckish, and there was nothing like some food and cuisine from home. She individually picked out a few bits of things here and there. Not eating a bunch. Just having a few of her likes and even a few of the things she disliked to test and see if her taste buds had given her a second chance on some different things. Fortunately for her they had. When she was done, she stood there by the table and examined the crowed. She could not help looking at some of the armors and weapons those with them had. Almost every peace of equipment was flawless. So flawless she envied the one whom made them. Wishing it was she who had done so.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:11 pm 

Medals: 1
Best Couple (1)

And...bored, again. Sighed White Shadow in her mind. While she had been hoping the duo of child and man would have done something interesting she was sadly disappointed. Looking around, the albino nezumi decided to go back outside and see if anything interesting would happen in the crowd. As she made her way outside she could feel herself being studied...well not exactly her, if her senses were correct it felt like her arsenal was being studied. While it was hidden for the most part, her larger Pinhole Death crossbow was much more obvious, even in its collapsed state. Looking around for the source of observation, she noticed a particular wolf surveying the crowd, though she didn't exactly look happy to be surrounded by so many people. Might as well... Walking over to her, in the least threatening way possible, once she was close enough to not be drowned out by the surrounding noise, White Shadow spoke, "I see you take in interest with my weapon, and maybe everyone elses. Mind explaining yourself?" She didn't say it in an aggressive manner, but was genuinely curious, for it wasn't the look of a fellow warrior sizing up another, but more of an intrinsic interest in just the weapon itself not the wielder.

"I frosted the cake with your tears. Delicioussssss~Sorrow-Drinker, the Observer"-Ganelon

Last edited by skullheadsoldiers on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 pm 

Oh great, someone comes to talk to me only after I have established with myself I would stay anti social from the party. She figured as the strange white nezumi decided it would be a good idea to talk to her. How ironic was it that when she gave up something. What she attempted to do just happens when she reaches her breaking point? It was just like that last few days ago. One of her customers stubborn swords did not want to be crafted. It just kept being an annoyance and did not mold with the shape she wanted. She was now tapping the table with her claws as she decided to make conversation while the chance lasted. "Oh, well... it is nothing personal, I just craft things as I am one of the black smiths about the The Akamu Mountains, and was just admiring the fine blades and equipment.

Though mostly the weaponry" she added. "I will be particularly honest. I was just looking at yours for so long as I was trying to make out what it was. I am sorry if I offended you." Zasha apologized with moderate sincerity. "Anyway, I figured I may as well enjoy the sights-" her iron cased claws stopped tapping against the tables surface as she glanced at a near by party guest with some interestingly odd crafted half armor half clothing combination. Then sprung back to there tapping and her attention moved back to the nezumi. So quick Zasha did not even notice she had done so subconsciously. Zasha's golden colored eyes narrowed as she gazed at her with questionable and studying interest. "My name is Zasha" she murmured. Issuing the customary Akamu greeting. She postured back to her original standing. "May I ask your name?" she wondered to the one she was conversing with.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm 
World Manager

1st Year (1)

Even for a rat, Dusk-Walker was small at a mere 4'2" when standing upright, but he felt doubly so when attempting to navigate a crowd of foreign species. Without jumping high into the air or climbing onto an unwilling creature's back, he was unable to see his destination or any other useful landmarks from where he stood, and had to rely on his people's airship to grant him a reliable sense of direction. The floating platform proved to be an effective compass, but it brought with it the unfortunate downside of requiring his attention to constantly be directed upwards, and thus away from both Cinder-Fur and the space in front of his own feet. Several near-collisions had made it quite clear which of the two was the more immediate problem, but his reflexes protected him where his eyes could not, and he eventually reached a less densely populated area of the city without incident.

It was only then that the thought occurred to him that trying to rejoin Cinder-Fur's company under such conditions would be impossible.

"Stupid boss," the black-clad rodent chittered to himself quietly as he finally broke free from the crowd. The instant that he had regained the ability to take stock of his surroundings, he did so without hesitation, and found himself standing before a long line of buildings backed by a sheer vertical wall that separated them from the outer districts. He and Cinder-Fur had arrived with the airship behind them, which meant that a break in the structure lay somewhere nearby from which he could retrace his steps. As he was alone and in quite a hurry, however, a more direct route seemed feasible.

He approached one of the buildings that had been constructed into the wall's base and assumed a low stance that rivaled even his normally hunched posture. Gripping the blade on his tail, he made a small cut into his left arm and looked over his back to ensure that no-one was paying attention. When he was satisfied with what he saw, he dipped two fingers into the wound and hastily scrawled a series of markings into the stone under his feet, muttering to himself as he worked.

"Graos Kuremaxuk, koda ka ok o kaosar; keram omd vaesrak, sros I kesr kverr bruud em aeir moka maesrar raord mur kars."

Since the ritual did not influence the outside world directly, it was easily concealed and quick to complete. Within seconds, Dusk-Walker's blood began to twist and rise upwards in a crude imitation of fire, disappearing entirely from sight a few inches above where it had been spread across the ground. He stood up once it was gone, took a deep breath, and willed himself weightless.

One powerful leap was enough for him to reach the roof, and with the momentum of another it was a simple matter to climb the wall itself even without a decent foothold. The guards stationed at the top were not pleased with his trespassing, but he was more than willing to ignore their protests and swing down the other side where he could not be followed. Curiously, a height difference seemed to be the only obstacle protecting him from unwanted pursuit, as the city's architecture was so perfect for running rooves that he was certain he could have crossed most of it even as an ordinary rat. It was the largest thieves' highway he had ever seen, and he was surprised to find it otherwise unoccupied.

Part of Dusk-Walker's training as a Mire-Shadow had been to make extremely precise jumps across tall wooden poles, placed both higher and farther than a creature of his size and weight should have been capable of reaching. Although it had helped him discover his body's new limits, he found that most real places fell disappointingly short of those limits, especially when his clan's magic was involved. With it, he hardly even needed to plan a route through RyDauge city, as he could leap across entire streets far faster than any sensible route would take him. This also carried the benefit of allowing him to outrun the spreading of information, and he was able to reach his destination long before the guard could organize itself or attempt to catch him.

For lack of anywhere within the city with enough space to improvise a landing zone, the Nezumi entourage had set their moths down just outside its main gate, and this was where Dusk-Walker himself landed after his last jump. His arrival was punctuated by foreign shouts of alarm from above, but virtually no sound of impact, and the soldiers on the ground who had their backs turned scarcely understood what happened until their kin began to approach the unexpected intruder. As their wish seemed to be to prevent his escape rather than interrupt him, he was content to ignore the gesture.

"You came back?"

The rat with a sword resting on his shoulders was the first to respond. Dusk-Walker knew him as the tactician, Hard-Heart, and as the Tarnished-Swords' representative within Cinder-Fur's retinue. While an accomplished fighter in his own right, he had earned both his name and his place at the patriarch's side after a merciless campaign against the old empire which exploited every weakness the loyalist faction possessed, from their obsolete equipment to their stubborn adherence to a code of honor. Although the two rarely spoke, he and Dusk-Walker shared an implicit understanding that the latter rarely saw among the swordsmen of his kingdom; they both understood the value of subtlety, as well as when it was best discarded in favor of brute force.

"Boss's orders," he answered, making no attempts to hide the fact that he was far from pleased by them himself. "You're to return to the ship and wait for a flare to be fired from this location."

"And this was worth him leaving himself alone to have you tell me?" Hard-Heart snarled back. One of the soldiers nearby began to fidget in response to the remark, most likely mistaking the rats' incomprehensible exchange for the start of a vicious argument. "Look at how much attention you've drawn to yourself," he continued, gesturing around the two of them.

"Worse than alone; surrounded by foreigners and Akamu soldiers. He's being a stubborn fool again... just leave so I can stop playing messenger and find him before he gets himself killed. I don't care if they see this."

"...Can you handle it?" the tactician asked, already climbing back onto his moth.

"Yes. As long as I can see him," Dusk-Walker replied nervously, glancing back towards the city. "He hasn't gone far, yet."

Hard-Heart gave him a stern nod and took to the skies, leaving only the Sky-Piercer of their group remaining. It was unclear if she had even heard the exchange; she was a distant sort, always concerned with matters seemingly beyond the comprehension of others, and so quiet that it was easy to assume she had gone deaf from the sound of her own weapon firing. Dusk-Walker knew her name to be Lost-Eyes, but nothing of her history or the reasons she had been chosen to serve at the patriarch's side beyond an apparent love of firearms. He had only seen her fire the long-barreled rifle that she carried once, and it was against a target so distant that he had been certain only he could see it. Despite him expecting a need to chase the runner down afterwards, a second shot had not been necessary.

"Are you listening?" he asked her impatiently. She appeared to be focused on some insignificant, far-away detail which was not made evident by tracing the direction of her gaze; a typical state of being for the enigmatic woman.

"Yes," she answered, though she did not visibly divert any attention towards him.

"Stay with the moths. It may be several hours before you're relieved."

He received a subtle reaction that an imaginative mind could have possibly interpreted as acknowledgement. In a hurry, it was enough; Dusk-Walker had no time to ensure that she would be doing her job properly, and he was content to know that his own was finished and he would not be held responsible if anything were to happen afterwards. As he turned away, however, he found himself face to face - or face to lower torso in his case - with a stern-looking lion holding a spear in one hand and keeping the other one free, presumably to grab him in the event of an escape.

"No time for this," the skittish rat sighed, staring up at his would-be captor. "What you want?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:01 am 

Best Couple (1)

The albino nezumi let out a long sigh as she realized this wolf was extremely shy, if not out right anti-social. However, she ignored that in light of the fascination with her crossbow. At least she appreciates good weaponry. After a moment of silence, she decided to answer the question. "My name is White Shadow, and that is all I can really tell you." This was true, she couldn't divulge very much information about who she was, both for her safety and those she told. She was lucky herself that when she learned about the Mire-Shadows they didn't kill her along with that old nezumi who saved her from the slums. But that was the burden she had to carry. "If you want to see my weapon, here." With that she reached onto her back and pulled out the Pinhole Death in a collapsed state. After taking a few seconds of mechanical precision, the slightly larger than usual crossbow was quite odd in its design. Though, for the most part it looked like a normal cross bow, the stock of the weapon looked more like that seen on a long range rifle. "This is the Pinhole Death, designed for strategic combat, ranging from long range combat to mid range. It fires these..." As she says this, she pulls out a canister from beneath her clothing that has a fuse sticking out the back. "Any questions? Obviously you may not know how it works, or any of the mechanics behind it, trade secrets...but anything beyond that is free game."

"I frosted the cake with your tears. Delicioussssss~Sorrow-Drinker, the Observer"-Ganelon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm 

It was hot out, or rather a comfortable heat to Ashton as he walked through the streets. He did his best to enjoy the festival, taking in the sights and sounds and sampling a few different foods. Things were not as exotic as they were two years ago when he first arrived as ambassador of Atlygaea, that was a strange time indeed and one that could not be told in a single sitting. His mind wandered as he eyed the gathered festival goers, a practiced gaze trailing over them looking for any sign of trouble. He thought of home and his parents, he hoped they were still doing well and that he would be able to visit home again soon. His correspondence with the Empress about the political climate would likely remain unchanged once the messenger arrived, he would note that it would have been a great boon for her to have made an appearance if possible at this festival in order to facilitate a uniting of Kingdoms as allies.

Ashton continued to stroll through the crowds of people, everything seemed to be going smoothly, he hoped that the festival would carry on uninterrupted by antagonists but he was well aware that anything could happen. just as he was thinking this he saw a shadowy figure ascend rapidly through the air and up to the top of the high walls, rather startled Ashton gripped the hilt of his sword tightly for only a magic user could make a jump like that. So much for peace and quiet, please don't let it be anything of war starting potential... his voice trailed off as he spoke, beginning to make his way towards where he last saw Arnia in hopes of tracking her down.

After a few minutes of moving through the streets, attempting not to run or draw unneeded attention to himself in his hurry he came across the area where the Nezumi had landed. He noticed his fellow soldiers milling about and a few seemed to be alerting the others of something. He could only imagine it was the strange shadow he saw flying to the top of the wall, he ignored this initial alarm and focused on the group of Nezumi gathered in the clearing. Looking up at the noonday sun he shook his head, things were heating up and not just the temperature, he pulled his helm off and too a breath of the slightly cooler air and tugged on the collar of his armor attempting to let a little bit of heat escape. He was thankful he chose to wore his armor today seeing as how things appeared to be getting interesting, he turned his back on the landing and went in the direction he last saw Arina in the hopes of finding her and alerting her of the brewing storm.

He made a quick pace through the streets, he passed by where Miria was still and gave her a quick nod and a smile but did not slow his pace. She returned the nod and watched him move down the street, an urgency in his steps that was hard to hide, he disappeared quickly from view as he turned down a side street and was lost amongst the crowd.

As Ashton ran he began to rethink about his coming report to the Empress, the political climate might be getting hostile soon and that her absence might have been a boon all along.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm 

Zasha could not help but feel a certain tug toward the weapon that was shown to her. Her eyes widened and she felt her ear turn slightly as there was a flick of her tail. Smoothing down the fur on her neck she felt a curve splay at the right end of her lip and her left eye slightly narrowed, as if issuing a silent good nurtured duel. "Well... that does not leave me much questions to ask now, does it?" she challenged with a sly and a somewhat flirtatious and semi-friendly posture. "I will say this again-" she eyed the weapon and dart. Then leaned slightly on the table behind her. Zasha was not as defensive as before. Maybe it was not that hard to be social or, friendly.... at least to one person. Looking up at her, Zasha pointed her own nose a little higher "-I am surprised I have met somebody to whom I can relate and am not aggressive towards. Believe it or not, the only "Friend" I have is a Leopard that somehow decided wanted to be nice to me. I tried explaining to him that I am a simple blacksmith that is not great with others- however loyal me and my race is. I am not that great at making friends" she admitted. "I must say though, you seem interesting enough and maybe even someone I could really like or get to know if you were to stay around the mountain kingdom longer then the festival." She sighed very quietly. Then felt her fur rise slightly. "Not that I mean that in a get to know you- know you way... more like- I mean" she shrugged "as friends?" she murmured. "Sorry, I am not good at interacting with others." Zasha admitted confessedly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:05 am 
World Manager

1st Year (1)

"Am I... interrupting something? I’m terribly sorry!"

The group of Nezumi glared at the brown fox standing between them and Kalani, taking the two for friends. While bothered by her intrusion, they had already intended to leave and didn't seem to find it reason enough to delay themselves further by raising complaints over what looked to be a legitimate accident.

...At least, not until she bowed and transformed the gesture from accident to mockery.

"Oh, I see," the rats' apparent leader started again, drawing uncomfortably close to the unfortunate intruder while her head hung low. "You think you can just walk through here and bare your neck to us because you're not in Nezumi territory, is that it? I recognize that accent of yours, mage. Don't make the mistake of thinking the guards are on your side here just because they let you past the gate; I'll bet they're simply waiting for a reason to stick your arrogant head on a pike."

He gave them both a sideways look and grinned. "Maybe I should give 'em one, eh?"

"That's enough," Kalani hissed, stepping forwards. She yanked the unfortunate fox back up into a standing position, though her attention remained fixated on the four Nezumi. "It's a wonder you even know what a mage is, if a simple act like bowing offends you so. Do you expect every foreigner you meet outside of the Mirelands to practice Nezumi customs instead of their own?"

The rat looked ready to answer, but she was not finished.

"We are all guests of the Akamu in this city; if you must make this a matter of sides, then they are no allies of yours either. I should hope that you came to this festival to help change that fact, and not simply to threaten others over the very misunderstandings our people were brought here to correct."

"No," he replied sarcastically, "I came here to listen to white-furred freaks talk down to me like they're my betters; having your friend make a show of her disrespect was just a bonus. We'll see how high you hold your head once it's missing from your shoulders, Sunless."

"Wait!" Kalani cried out in protest, but the Nezumi and his companions had already begun to walk away. She gave a brief and regretful glance towards the poor fox who had involved herself in their business, but had no time to offer an apology, or even an explanation for what had just transpired. It was no easy task to catch a rat in a crowd, and she would likely never see the four of them again if it became necessary. Although such a thought was hardly unpleasant, she decided to follow while they were still visible.

Catching up to the Nezumi did not take much time even when hindered by restrictive clothing, but digging through the bag on her shoulder with a parasol tucked under one arm left Kalani trailing behind them for longer than she would have liked. Inevitably, one of the rats noticed before she was prepared to speak and alerted the others. They turned around to confront her, and this time they did not seem content to stop at unfriendly words; two of them drew daggers from hidden sheaths on their waists and began chittering to each other in their native language. For her own sake, Kalani pretended that she did not understand them.

"Were you not listening to us, or are you just stupid?" their leader growled. "I told you to leave, pink-eyes. I want nothing to do with you, but if you're going to make this a problem..."

"I am sorry," Kalani stated. She fixed the rat with an unbroken stare, and did not bow.

"Really? I'm sorry you're a monster, too. Is that all you followed us to say?"

"I am sincerely sorry," she continued, "for having offended you. I am not your better, and never meant to give you such an impression."

She separated a large pouch from the rest of her belongings and drew from it a generous handful of coins, which she held out to the Nezumi. His eyes lit up in surprise, and he hesitated to take them at first. Eventually, wordlessly, he acquiesced.

"I hope that someday I may become a person worthy of your respect."

The rat offered no response as Kalani turned away and strode back into the moving crowd. He kept the coins clutched between his fingers for several seconds before tucking them into one of his pockets and doing the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 pm 

Best Couple (1)

The proposition caught White Shadow off guard. Most people she talked to didn't care much to take the time to get to know her due to her white fur. She never really had to deal with a situation like this before, and due to that was at a loss for words. "A...friend." Was all she could say in her stunned silence. A sudden urge to leave filled her being, she had to escape, she could't let anyone else get hurt due to her. Every muscle in her being wished her to run. And, so without warning, she grabs up her Pin-Hole Death and begins to walk away, but before she can even get a few feet she stops. I'm going to regret this aren't I... With a sigh she turns back around and pulls up a chair from nearby, before sitting down across from the blacksmith. "I can't really promise anything, my job can keep me busy, but a friend would be nice."

Last edited by skullheadsoldiers on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 pm 

She was slightly disappointed when the Nezumi seemed to be walking away for some odd reason. Then she instantaneously perked up as it seemed White Shadow was just pulling up a chair. Zasha had not known that such a Nezumi would have so much in common. With her lips twisting into a form of a smile. She could not help but shrug. "I suppose work can get most of us, no- does get most of us... especially when one is not looking for anything besides something to keep them company such as job, you do not need to get close to it, and when you lose it you can always find another. The opposite of close family along with not so close family, either or does not matter, family is family right?." Standing straight, a curious glint entered her eye "Tell me, how does a charming young albino Nezumi such as yourself not able to separate herself from her job. I mean- don't you have a few siblings, family closer then the rest of the Nezumi race." She found a mischievous tone entering her voice and features. "A romantic interest back in your home land?" her eyes widened. "Oh come on, there has to be someone" she said with a slight friendly and humorous tone of voice. Zasha did not usually have someone she could call friend in a serious manner or talk to as an equal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 am 

Best Couple (1)

The air filled with silence around the duo, at least to the Nezumi's ears. She felt very vulnerable, and once again her survival instincts kicked in, but White Shadow shook it off. She's just making small talk, nothing too serious... That was until a romantic interest was brought up. Taking in a long breath, the albino decided to speak. "I'm an orphan, any family I might have doesn't exist to me, both for a lack of knowledge on who they are and a lack of caring." Sighing, she leans back in her chair looking around at the crowd before looking back at the wolf in front of her. She reminded her of someone. "And it would be impossible for me to leave my job, for many reasons." The look in her eyes hinted that any further inquiring into her occupation was dangerous. That's when the true weight of the romantic interest question hit home. "I...no, there is no one I am currently in a romantic relationship with." Her voice was monotone, cold, and mechanical. It was obvious she had practiced these words before, probably in a mirror to check for emotional signs. The air turned cold as she went quiet, she wasn't telling everything about that last bit and it was obvious as her eyes were struggling slightly to stay focused.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 pm 

Not intending any offense. She raised her hands in a way one would say "I apologize. I did not want to intrude." Her ear twitched slightly as she realized there was unintentional offense just by White Shadows voice that was calm and tense all at the same time, almost as though the words were practiced. Quickly, she turned around picked up a cup and took a random drink of something not having had any idea what it was, all that she knew was that she needed something to drink. Then placed the cup back down. White Shadow was a Nezumi with secrets, secrets that Zasha did not want to know without a better understanding along with a better friendship and would only ever know if she was told. By any means she would not pry any more on anything that was private again. She just wanted to get to know this Nezumi.

Eyes darting from everywhere in the awkward silence and her fur sticking up in a manner of a sorry embarrassment. Zasha decided it would be best if she lightened the tension from White Shadows side of the personal information. She said the next words with an admittance and confidence that usually only existed when she was hammering on a piece of metal or trying to find the perfectly weighted sword for somebody looking for a sharp bladed and sheathed companion. "I apologize, again- I had not meant to pry... if it makes you feel better I could tell you something about my past or present so that you do not feel so stressed..." pointing her thumb toward down RyDauge City, she sighed slowly. "Or if it would make you more comfortable I could head out for a bit. Go to my smithy, I would be alright just working" Zasha shrugged "I am use to working all day and night after all. My metal and hammers are my companions. I just would prefer not to upset anybody at such an event..." she told White Shadow apologetically.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 pm 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Supporter (1)

As a tinker and a trader, Twiggy loved festivals. Festivals meant people, especially people with money to spend. ESPECIALLY money to spend on useless toys and games. That was Twiggy's kind of crowd.

"Well first you press in this bit," Twiggy said, demonstrating a toy, "all the way until it clicks. Then you hold it between your thumb and your middle finger and..." Twiggy held the compact spring loaded tin device away from his body and braced himself. "Let her GO!"

He released the device, which immediately began to spin, whipping out the rotor blades and whirring like mad, floating up and away from Twiggy's colorful wagon, the Jubilant Desire. The little air top, as Twiggy called them, began to dance in the air, back and fourth up and down, free of any restraint or strings to hold it. The little otter child's eyes grew wide with excitement, and his mother's eyes grew wide with worry.

"Won't that hurt someone?" she asked cautiously. Twiggy smiled and began selling his product.

"No Ma'am. Not any more then your average ball or stick," he assured her. "And it's not like a child his age is going to stop playing with those, now is he?"

The mother still looked worrisome as the air top finally stopped, lightly resting on the ground. The little otter boy picked the tin toy up and began to study it in wonder. Twiggy had done his job well though, not a screw hole or edge on the whole thing when the blades weren't out. The mother still eyed it suspiciously.

"It looks like it could knock over a lot of things in the house."

"Why, that's why it's an outside toy!" Twiggy encouraged. "It's just like a sports ball or a toy sword. You wouldn't have him throwing and swinging away with those around anything fragile, would you? No, you look like the responsible sort, I can tell. And tell you what." Twiggy continued, addressing her next concern before she could word it, "if he manages to break the thing before I make it back here next season, I'll replace the thing for free."

Twiggy held his hands out in a welcoming, open gesture, speaking honesty with his pose. He was being truthful, he would honestly replace the air top in a moment if it broke in less then a year, but he had yet to see one break in under two. The otter mother looked still a little worried, and Twiggy thought he might have lost her despite his best efforts, but then the little otter boy came to his rescue.

"Oh please Mama, can't I have one?" He asked, looking up with just about the cutest little puppy dog eyes Twiggy had ever seen. His mother melted instantly, giving the weary smile of a mother who knew that she might regret what she was doing later.

"Oh all right then, you little tadpole," she sighed, and then reached into her purse. She pulled out the correct coins and handed them to Twiggy.

"Thank you very much Ma'am," Twiggy said. "Don't forget to tell your friends of Twiggy's Tinker Cart!"

He waved as the mother and son left into the crowd. It was a great crowed, Twiggy had paid for the placement of his cart dearly, but it had been worth it. Already he had several things in his cart to fix and return, he'd sold nearly half of his air tops, and he was completely out of his wind up toy carts. Festivals like this were great for that kind of thing, toys and such. Now all he had to do was attract the attention of someone who could get him a more consistent line of work every year and he'd be set. Someone like a city official or something...

Twiggy ran his hands down his pet pachau Nail's back and listened to him murr as Twiggy watched, enjoying the festival. He noticed all sorts of people walk by, and even thought he caught a glance of Queen Maka herself at one point, but walking with a rat who looked surprisingly like Lord Cinder-Fur of the Mirelands. It was supposed to be a festival of peace, but that just seemed like a war waiting to happen, didn't it?

Last edited by Jessie Shadowhold on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:37 pm 

Best Couple (1)

White Shadow's eyes darted up at the remark of the wolf leaving, shock stressed in them. As she was about to speak something inside her stopped any air from leaving her throat. What are you doing, this is a potential enemy. Why are you leaving yourself so bloody exposed. Once again, that feeling to flee filled every cell in her body, but she stomped it out as quickly as it arose. I don't care, and we aren't even talking about anything that serious, just freaking calm down. Taking a slow breath to calm her nerves she finally willed herself to speak. "No, you don't have to leave, you were just curious there is nothing wrong about that." When she continued, a slightly mischievous tone mixed into her voice. "So...what 'deep, dark secrets' do you have?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:47 am 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

Lost-Eyes only let Hard-Heart’s moth take to the skies for a moment before whistling to his attention, calling up at him in their native tongue to get his attention. ”I have a better idea.” she called out, knowing that any hint of deviation from a set of orders that none of them particularly liked while still accomplishing the same goals would be welcome. Her reasoning was simple- the Boss’s safety was to be ensured, and Dusk-Walker was being held up in his duties. Therefore, they’d be better off bringing Cinder-Fur to them.

As Hard-Heart brought his moth back down with a scowl of annoyance, Lost-Eyes explained her idea “We can use a signal arrow to get him to come.” She chittered at him. Most of the guards seemed notably more interested in Dusk-Walker for the moment, and hadn’t given their chattering much attention. “I have an idea to get the guards to not make a fuss about us firing one off.”

Hard-Heart dismounted with a snarl. “You use a gun.”

“I know how to use a bow, I just think a gun is better.” She responded, raising her voice too. The guards were starting to notice. “Just play along.” She continued, turning to the guards. “Hey, you two.” She spoke- the first time they had any indication that she spoke common tongue, but Sky-Piercers were generally close enough to the border that fluency was common. “This idiot bet me that he could cut an arrow out of the air and tried to fly away before he could make good.” She continued, motioning to Dusk-Walker off to the side. “You keep him busy because he hops a wall, yeah? I figured I’d ask before I shoot off an arrow.”

Hard-Heart smirked at her suggestion, tapping his sword against his shoulder. “You’re going to be out two gold pieces when we get home.”

One of the guards looked at the other who shook his head. “We can’t have you shooting something dangerous-“

“No no, blunt arrow.” Lost-Eyes responded. “Let me show you.” She added, unstrapping a bow from one of the moths, and drawing one of only a couple arrows free. This one simply had a very reflective, small mirror on the end. She slung the bow over one shoulder and walked the arrow over for the guards to look at. “Training arrow, yes? Easy to see the tip when it goes long distance.”

The guard turned the thing over in his hand, handing it to the other before speaking in their own native tongue. Lost-Eyes was not particularly worried- this was simply a way of speeding things up. Their job was to protect the Boss from trouble- and nothing was more troublesome to a rat than meddling guards.

The guard handed it back. “Alright, let’s see him do it then. My colleague thinks his sword won’t be fast enough for it.” He explained with a smirk.

Lost-Eyes nodded and held the arrow point up. “Straight up.” She explained, turning it over “And when it falls, cut tail-to tip.”

Hard-Heart steadied his footing and waited “Come on, let me take your money from you.”

Lost-Eyes was more than willing to oblige, and stepped back from the shadow of the wall to draw the string of the bow and, after a moment, let the glittering arrow fly skyward, well above the rooftops and into the sunlight.

--

As Maka and Cinder made their way further through the crowd, he found himself spotting groups of nezumi mingling on the edges of the crowd. A moment’s break from all the attention from his expatriated people was welcome- even if much of his feebleness was feigned for appearance’s sake, Cinder-Fur was by no means a young rat anymore and did find himself somewhat tired of all the interaction.

And then there was a glint, a flashing shimmer up above the rooftops towards where he knew the moths were. Sky-Piercers had used such signals as subtle signs of trouble during the war, and Cinder found himself immediately rejuvenated in a somewhat childish way. Trouble, as much as wisdom said otherwise, was often more fun.

“Ah, Queen Maka, I do apologize for this, but I fear that our wading through the crowds has worn me out more than I would like, and such talk of the revolution with old friends brings about some painful memories.” Cinder-Fur explained once they had a moment to pause. “I believe I must excuse myself. Perhaps you might visit the Mirelands sometime and I can ride a dragon then.” He added with a warm chuckle.

Cinder-Fur looked off to the side, spotting another old face from the war approaching through the crowd. “And another old friend. I’ll just have him escort me back to my moth. Can’t help but feel safe in the company of Shot-Tooth.” He added, eagerly receiving the grinning rat’s approach. His smile betrayed that his name was well earned, some of his front teeth missing or broken. Cinder patted the other old rat on the back and spoke in their native tongue, maintaining a jovial tone. “Take me to the fastest way to where I landed.”

Shot-Tooth chuckled and responded in an equally jovial tone “I saw the signal too. Like old times back when we had to do that business in the southern swamps, Boss.”

Cinder-Fur grinned and waved to Maka as Shot-Tooth feigned leading the rat-boss along to see more old friends “So it seems, old friend.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:57 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

It was to be expected that the elder rat would find a reason to leave, he was old after all.

As she watched the rat leave she continued on ahead and stopped at one of the wrestling pits. There she watched a few matches before she put her own name on the board to have a go next turn. If she was not to go and ride any dragons at the moment, then she would rather have herself some fun with a good wrestling match.

The Festival itself would last the week, with people allowed to stay and enjoy themselves as they saw fit. Even those who possessed magic could stay, though they would have to register and check in with the guards periodically or be subject to detainment.

This would be a time for change for Akamu and her people. Time would tell whether or not they would be able to survive the change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Ladies and Gentlemen! Cubs and Cubets!”

Though small for her size Addy had a voice that carried and seemed to cut through all of the noise and ruckus in the area, at least the immediate facility.

“Gather and be amazed at the wonders the amazing Addy has up her sleeve,” she proclaimed from atop the table she commandeered.

“Magic is not welcomed here!” A person from the crowd shouted and was joined with murmurs of agreement.

“Of course it’s not!” her tone one of shock that they would think she would use magic in their kingdom so openly. “I am amazing yes and I am amazing without the taint of magic!” Arms flung into the air she and her first trick went off and a couple of small birds flew out from her sleeves. It was a simple trick, but one that got a few gasps and attracted a few more to her crowd. Even those who are skeptical gathered to see what else this tiny shrew had to offer.

“That was just a simple trick! What else can you do?”

A shout from the crowd caused her to smirk. “Allow me to amaze you,” she said and began a series of sleight of hand tricks. It would start off simple at first but the more the crowd asked for the more she would give them. The small hat she had set up beside her got a coin or two, which she already had, plans to spend. The festival of peace would be her starting point before she ventured out into the rest of the world.

Mayhap, she shall find a traveling companion during her stay?

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 pm 
World Manager

1st Year (1)

Despite her tall stature and best efforts, Kalani's experience with crowds leaned strongly towards the avoiding thereof rather than the searching for individuals therein, and it showed. Wherever the young fox who had bumped into her earlier had gone, it wasn't to a spot five paces away from the ambassador, and that appeared to be the limit of her ability to pick out faces from the confusing mess of moving bodies. She spent several futile minutes trying to look, move forwards, and avoid unwanted collisions all at once before the wind died down and reminded her that it was still uncomfortably hot on the festival grounds and she was still lingering around in the sun, accomplishing nothing. Her parasol, for all of the good that it was doing, proved insufficient to the task of convincing her to stay even longer than she already had.

She had made a choice; this, she understood well enough. Now she was being forced to accept it.

With a sigh of defeat, Kalani put the thought out of her mind and turned her attention towards the task of escaping somewhere indoors. Luckily, she did not have far to travel; many of the buildings that comprised the inner ring of Rydauge City were open to the public during such an occasion, and finding one even while lost was a trivial matter for someone concerned only with the shelter they offered. Therefore, and without paying much mind to the idea, she decided to enter a large structure under the assumption that more room would also lend itself to more privacy.

Of course, in Akamu, the largest non-residential buildings trended almost invariably towards being taverns, and they were all filled nearly to capacity on the day of the festival. No table was empty, most of the flat surfaces in the place had been repurposed to accommodate a series of arm-wrestling matches, and seats were being bartered over like precious gems by the time Kalani arrived. She searched for a spot where she could simply be alone for a while, but the place was clearly too busy, and her thoughts quickly turned towards departure until a familiar voice caught her ear.

"Oy! Kalani!"

A round of applause broke out as one of the arm wrestlers faced his defeat with a hearty "thud", and the cheering of countless spectators briefly drowned out all other sound in the establishment. Through a temporary gap in the crowd, Kalani could see an arm waving her over at about the height of most of the other residents' torsos. Curious, she shifted past a few of the rowdier groups to confirm her suspicions.

There, leaning against the back of his seat in the company of several natives of Akamu, the fox found a Nezumi that she had known since the beginning of her diplomatic career.

"Hello, Stiff-Whisker," she said, extending a hand in greeting towards the short-statured rat. He accepted it cheerfully, pulling her close to pat her on the back.

"Knew it was you," he answered back with a chuckle. "You stick out like a rose in a swamp even here, where they like their pretty colors. Still, it's been too long, girl! What brings you to Akamu? Don't tell me you've abandoned my country to preach tolerance to the close-minded idiots living here."

"Nothing of the sort," she assured him. "Indeed, I would question whether my efforts would even be necessary when the queen of Akamu herself is already advocating peace between our people. I merely came to learn something of their culture while the opportunity remains."

"Their culture, eh? Take a look around you," he offered with a quick sweeping gesture of the tavern. "Lizard-meat, ale, and fighting 'till your arms fall off; that's the Akamu way. Still, there's no need to take my word for it - let me introduce you to my 'friends'," he grinned.

The individuals in question were a large badger woman in a stiff leather jacket whose attention was fixed upon another table, a curious armadillo in a dark-green shawl who averted his eyes when Kalani glanced towards him, and a male boar who stared at her suspiciously from behind a massive but near-empty mug of ale. All three sat at the same table, though none seemed particularly close to Stiff-Whisker, or to each other for that matter.

"Hrmph. I'm no friend of yours, rat," the boar interrupted before Stiff-Whisker could truly begin. He pointed to another table where two bears sat opposite each other, grinning confidently with their hands locked together. "Make your bet. My drink's running low and you'll be fetching its replacement after you lose."

"Four and a half, right one wins," Stiff-Whisker stated with certainty, though he barely even glanced at the two contestants. "This mannerless brute is Bradan, by the way. Don't worry too much about making his acquaintance; my wager is that he surrender his seat to you now that he's run himself out of coin paying for my refreshments."

The boar snarled at him. "Damnable rodent... fine. Either way I will be rid of your company. Three seconds, also on the right."

"Likewise, the badger is Sitara," he continued, "whom I understand to be a mercenary and a traveler, and the armadillo is Vidahl, a trader like myself... if perhaps one less occupied by the affairs of his government. What say you two? Care to weigh in on this one?"

"Not over my place at the table," Vidahl laughed, while Sitara simply shook her head. Stiff-Whisker gave them both a knowing smirk and turned himself around to watch the wrestlers. Kalani followed his lead and did the same, more curious about her friend's intentions than the actual outcome. Neither contestant looked much stronger than the other, and if the two gamblers had made any sort of informed decision about which was more likely to win, she was oblivious as to how. Still, they both looked quite assured of their respective victories.

Whether by luck or some subtle insight, both predictions proved accurate nearly as soon as the fight began. The bear on the right seized a considerable advantage within the very first second, and it looked for a moment as though the match would end before his opponent could even put up a fair resistance. To the rat's glee and the boar's dismay, however, the bear on the left made an impressive show of force and was able to nearly threaten a comeback; he ultimately ran himself out of strength, but not before delaying his defeat by six whole seconds. Another round of applause echoed throughout the tavern, and Stiff-Whisker happily added his own voice to it.

Bradan, on the other hand, was not pleased. He gave Kalani a defiant glare when her attention returned to the table, but finished his drink in one long gulp and stood up without voicing any complaints. She hesitated to take his seat.

"There's no need for you to do this," she offered apologetically. "I did not intend for my arrival to inconvenience you, and I would be more than comfortable enough standing. My friend-"

"No," the boar interrupted. "I agreed to this, and I'm not backing out of a wager just because I lost... I've got more honor than that," he grumbled to himself, pushing his way past her. The Nezumi snickered quietly to himself, and earned a disapproving look from Kalani for it, but she had little choice other than to leave or join the table before a stranger claimed the open seat.

"That was foolish," she said to Stiff-Whisker once she had settled in. "You've made both of us an enemy for the sake of something as trivial as my comfort. I hope you weren't expecting gratitude for it."

"Oh, don't be so upset," he assured her. "I told you not to worry; you and I will never see that drunken lout again."

"Was he not an acquaintance of yours?"

"Ha! Only as of this morning!" the Nezumi laughed. "Him and these other two were simply the only ones I could coax into taking bets with me. You're the first friendly face I've seen since I came out here, so don't spoil it with such a miserable frown, eh?"

In spite of herself, Kalani couldn't help but give him a tiny smile. It truly was good to see someone familiar in foreign territory, particularly when she had so few acquaintances that she thought of as friends. She had not expected to discover that any of them had attended the festival, let alone to have met one there in person.

"Why did you come out here?" she asked him. "I would be one of the first to hear if the Nezumi were making amends to their foreign trade policies, and I've never known you to be one to travel for pleasure..."

"Ask the armadillo," was all that he had to say in response. Her attention moved accordingly, and she found that Vidahl had once again been scrutinizing her.

"Are you also a trader, miss...?"

"Kalani," she answered, slightly ashamed of the fact that she had not introduced herself sooner, "And no, I am a diplomat. I often negotiate exportation limits and their like, so news of such changes reaches my ears very quickly."

Stiff-Whisker scoffed. "She's being modest. You're speaking to an ambassador, Vidahl."

"O-oh. Oh my. But, that means... you are certainly a foreigner, and neither the rats nor humans would ever appoint another race to such a position... pardon me, but are you from the island kingdom, miss Kalani?"

Sitara's head turned, and for a moment, the whole tavern grew just slightly quieter. It seemed that Kalani's appearance had drawn her some attention from the surrounding tables in spite of the activity elsewhere, and a few conversations had paused in anticipation of her answer. The feeling was unwelcome, and it hinted quite strongly that she was, too.

"Yes, I am."

"I knew it," the badger muttered. "Everything strange comes from the islands." A few approving grunts from other patrons punctuated the statement, but Vidahl paid them no mind. Surprisingly, he seemed more curious than anything.

"Ah! You confused me for quite a while, there. I have met visitors from your kingdom before, you see, but they would never choose to enter a place like this," he said, gesturing around the tavern, "nor do so wearing such... deep colors. I thought you might have come from the Mirelands if your friend was a rat."

"...It's lovely, by the way," he added afterwards. "The dress, I mean. Did you wear it purely for our sake, or are you mages hiding a new fashion on that inner island of yours?"

"This is actually a Nezumi design," Kalani said, lifting up one of her arms to better show the sleeves covering it. "And if anything, it is quite the opposite; residents of the inner island cling more strongly to tradition than any 'visitors' you are likely to have met. I am pleased that you like it, but I wear it for my own sake... even though my people do not approve."

"A Nezumi design!" he remarked, incredulous at the very idea. "By the gods, how did you get such a thing? And... where? I've never seen anything like it before, and I deal with the rats nearly every other week! Please, you must tell me."

"Of course," she nodded, " of course. But first... won't you tell me the story of why one of their trade commissioners has seen fit to visit your country on the day of a festival, if not for his own enjoyment?"

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:38 pm 

Ashton continued to move through the streets, wiping the sweat from his brow as the heat began to get to him. As he rounded a corner he came across a strip of the city that was turned into fighting pits, an event he would have loved to participate in were it not for the strange happening he witnessed. "I need to find the Queen or Arnia..." his words came quietly as he moved past the crowds, not wanting to be to overt in his search. As he glanced into one of the nearby arenas he caught a glimpse of what he thought was Maka, with a start he turned and headed directly for her doing his best not to shoulder anyone out of the way roughly. After slowly progressing through the crowd he made it to the edge of the pit, the Queen was no where to be found though. "Damn, I lost sight of her in this mass of people, if it was even her I saw." he paused for a moment continuing to look around, "Best I find Arina then, hopefully she will not break my jaw and tell me I should have done something other than seek her out." he mumbled under his breath before moving back through the mass of bodies and into the street.

His plate mail gave a dull gleam in the hot air, surprisingly not causing him too much discomfort despite it's weight and being made of metal. He continued his search, now asking festival goers if anyone had seen Arnia and could point him in her direction. Finally a young wolf pointed him towards a few streets down where he had passed the Manuia, thanking the wolf profusely he rushed off with the hope that it wasn't to late to warn her of the strange figure he saw jump upon the wall. Moving past a small crowd of children Ashton turned the corner onto a not so packed street he looked around hoping to spot his commanding officer.

He gave a noticeable sigh as his goal was in sight, coming up quickly to Arnia he snapped a quick salute. "Manuia, it seems that there is a commotion going on by the Nezumi landing area." clenching his teeth as he took a breath, the short pause was likely enough to get him a cracked jaw for not giving her more substantial information when first addressing her. Picking up quickly he spoke again "I observed a figure leap to the top of the outer wall and then make it's way to the Nezumi landing area, once I noticed the guards in the general area moving in that direction I went to seek you out and inform you of the situation." he continued bracing himself as he waited her orders and likely worse.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:46 pm 
World Manager

Supporter (1)

After availing himself of Shot-Tooth’s company, and gaining some sense of privacy, the two old rats felt freer in their speech. Of course, they continued in their native tongue out of comfort and practicality, but Cinder-Fur still did not trust ears outside the Mirelands to not hear more than they should.

“Why do you think someone sent the signal, Boss?” the old rat asked the Grand-Boss. “Judging by what you asked, it had to be someone you traveled here with.”

“I afforded that the clans each assign one person to act as my entourage. They would like to believe it is because I need protecting, and yet here I am coming to respond to their signal instead of the other way around.” Cinder-Fur chittered out as they moved along. “I suspect it is trouble with my Mire-Shadow. He is strange.” Cinder continued. Shot-Tooth laughed in response.

“Aren’t they all? Remember that little one that joined us when we took the Supreme Wall? What was her name…” The old rat trailed off. “Right, Skull-Eyes.”

Cinder perked up in recollection. “Ah, that’s right old friend! The one with eyes so black the sockets looked empty. I guess you’re right, then. She was suspicious even among ninja.” The Grand-Boss looked out from where they were walking at the crowd. “How is it here, Shot-Tooth? Ever since I arrived these foreigners watch me like I am some demon walking the land. I knew outsiders were still closed-minded, but this has been eye-opening. Such disrespect.”

Shot-Tooth chittered in thought. “They are blunt and rude, and the nobility is haughty. It is the way of those who aren’t of the swamps. They lack the sense of community we have, even with the non-nezumi. We think them beneath us yet we are united with them in the protection of our lands.” He rumbled out. “Even here, my friends are nezumi and ferrets and bats. Humans are sometimes tolerable, the natives are scarred by their history and are prone to distaste. The magic-folk are as despicable as their craft.”

Cinder-Fur hummed lightly to himself. “Their young queen is, well, young. She is quick to please and I doubt she understands the burden of her mantle.” He responded. “But she seemed eager to talk and share in her culture in a way that her predecessors had not. Perhaps that is what progress will look like.” He wondered. “My daughters met a diplomat from the Olahn Kingdom at a festival in Black-Rock. They too are young and despite sharing their mother’s shrewdness and wisdom, they seemed to have a positive opinion of her. Apparently she dresses much like they do.” Cinder explained.

“Nothing you see or are told escapes you, does it Boss?” Shot-Tooth retorted with a dismissive laugh. “Those titles of yours must be heavy.”

“We are old, Shot-Tooth. It is not that I grow soft, or weary- but I do grow worried.” Cinder explained. “There are still many at home who rattle swords and bark for war with outsiders. It may come, but our war was necessary for the good of the nezumi and of the swamp. Perhaps worried isn’t the correct word.”

“More like cautious. The great bomb-maker grows wiser with his years, it seems. I did tell you that you were well suited for leadership, Boss.” Shot-Tooth chittered. “But now we both sound like wistful old fools instead of just you.” He laughed, and Cinder joined him. Shot-Tooth looked over at where they’d be heading and caught a glimpse of something strange… yet now familiar. He laughed. “Boss, you sneaky bastard. Your diplomat’s right over there, look!” he chittered, pointing. Cinder didn’t even need to look.

“Well I did slow my pace so that you’d stop and let an old rat rest.” The Patriarch chuckled. “Curious to see how aware she is of her surroundings.” He added. Shot-Tooth elbowed him in the ribs.

“Flint-Sickle bullshit, still? I thought some time on a throne might’ve made you a bit less sneaky.” The old rat teased, starting through the crowd. Cinder-Fur followed, but not before shifting his gaze to meet hers, for a moment, before he followed. If his daughters liked her, he might as well see how well she could impress him.

The two rats moved through the crowd easily, years of moving without drawing attention keeping even the Patriarch below the notice of others. It wasn’t too hard- outsiders were ignorant and rarely paid enough attention to the rats anyway. Soon enough, though, the landing site was visible… along with a pompous looking Hard-Heart. “What, want to make another bet, Lost-Eyes? If you’ve got more coin I’ll take it.” He spat, sheathing his sword. He went stiff once he saw the Boss, though. Lost-Eyes looked notably less bothered.

Cinder-Fur could see Dusk-Walker squabbling with- or being chastised by- the guards. “Excuse me, gentlemen.” Cinder-Fur remarked, the two guards that watched the arrow display turning to meet the voice. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I am Cinder-Fur the Flint-Clawed, Grand-Boss of the Four Clans, and I want to go home. Would you care to explain why you’re detaining one of my entourage tasked with my personal protection when there doesn't seem to be any discernible injury to anyone? Or am I just to assume this is how Akamu treats the head of a foreign state? Or is such harassment reserved for nezumi in particular?” Cinder-Fur spoke plainly, standing tall. Shot-Tooth had already stepped behind a nearby building before Cinder approached. After all, if the Grand-Boss was going to call the guards out on giving a nezumi unnecessary trouble, it wouldn't do for one that lived in Akamu to end up being recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next