All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nihilistic RP ideas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:50 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm considering creating an RP using the concepts of a previous RP.

The original idea would be a band of survivors grouping together to survive a world shrouded completely in darkness where humans are at the bottom of the food chain due to being summoned into existence to be food for one of the lesser monsters which populate the land. The world is bleak with only a single city remaining as an actual civilization and technology. If you are familiar with interstices from Berserk, the world is similar to that.

The concept would be one where characters die easily enough and require new survivors to be named from the remaining population count. The characters will require to go out to hunt monsters to gain resources in order not to starve, build themselves better equipment. Also it would fit the following sentence: "(Our characters) wage a ceaseless war, unaware of the futility of their actions"

I have to reskin ideas, one where human's minds are uploaded and trapped electronically, and the AI in the world is out to kill them. The appearance of the world would be similar to a modern one until certain phases where the central AI realizes the humans are getting too close to their goal of finding a way out. For those familiar with the Matrix, the world will be similar here

The second idea would be a world where our characters, Androids, robots which look human, have to reclaim the Earth from alien forces who are using robots as well to do the dirty work. Our characters will have to defend their mobile factories while planning the offense.

Thoughts or anyone already interested?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Nihilistic RP ideas
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:00 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Gnaaa! These ideas sound so cool! I'm definitely up for the first two ideas, or probably anything else where the characters are "brought into existence" in some way. Part of the fun could be the characters figuring out their reason for existing (the AI, the monster's need for food, etc.) It could get pretty dark--not that I mind-- but it's saved from getting too angsty by the constant action and need to survive. I like it.
Let me know if you ever create any of these RPs. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:39 pm 
Savior

It is pretty dark, considering in the first idea the characters only begin with bone shards against the first monster with nothing much for protection seconds after waking up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:01 pm 
Savior

Still looking for interested parties!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:58 am 
Savior

Still looking for interested parties.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:30 am 
Savior

The actual interest check has been created!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:02 am 
Savior

Still looking for interested parties!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm 

I look forward to a a bit of grim survival. You should concider me onboard, should that idea go ahead. I can spend 1 hour daily on roleplay, if needed.