All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RP combat tournament
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Now, some of you have probably heard of such a thing. Others, maybe have no idea what i've just said. If the name interested you enough to read this far, i think you might want to hear what i have to say. I started out rp doing nothing but combat rp. It was all fighting all the time for the characters i created. All about being the best with your powers. Naturally amongst people like me, we wanted to find out who was best. Who could create the best killing machine. It wasn't long before tournaments entered the scene. A bracket style event where your character pitted themselves in fight after fight (if they survived) starting fresh each time at full power. All for number one.

This is what i propose. It's not about development, about who can create the most powerful planet destroyer, or even who looks the coolest. This will be a chess match. A battle of wits, your game piece being whatever it is you come up with to throw in the mix. I'm going to give this topic about a month to gain some ground. If it fails, well i'll know that this just isn't the type of thing you all are into. No harm done. But if i get at least six people to join by then, man are we going to have fun. There'll be a loser's bracket and a wild card, so don't worry about not thinking you have a chance. You'll get some practice.

There will have to be some rules for the characters applicable, so i'll go ahead and weed out anyone who'd be turned away by them.

1. No canon characters. There are too many special snowflakes with very specific abilities you could use in any argument, and really the point of this is for YOU to be the best. Not the use of your character to be impressive.

2. Characters who's powers and/or concepts come from an anime or tvshow, however, are allowed. You want a ninja from Kanoha pitted against a meister from the DWMA? Throw it in, i'd love to see it. Original characters with a concept all your own are encouraged, but not required.

3. The power cap is required, so we avoid blowing up the earth. I won't be specific, but remember it's about your character's quality in battle, not how many magical energies he has control of. DBZ level is too much, but a regular human with an assault rifle would probably be canon fodder for most of these. Think maybe a Naruto character (sorry for bringing this up twice, but it's a good example.). The type of guy who can take on the S.W.A.T., but not an army.

4. There is no story here. I'm not a trans deminsionalbeing collecting the ultimate fighters. You're fighting to win, that's all. Your character will have no knawledge of his opponent, save that he's there to fight them. He can or cannot remember his previous fights in the tournament, it's your choice.

5. Character sheets from other rps on the site, or any other site, are allowed. So long as they fit the criteria. The thing being that they HAVE a character sheet.

(The same thing is posted in the alpha area)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: RP combat tournament
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:14 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

Yeah, I'm still in. I'd post a character sheet, but I'm not sure if this is where or when I'd do that.

Also my character doesn't have a character sheet yet.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:58 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I'm curious enough to see where this goes. I have my own ideas on combat, but you've piqued my curiosity. I would see this on the RPG site, but never jumped in.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:12 am 

Call me interested, I've always enjoyed these types of things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 am 

Things are kinda slow where I normally roleplay at, want some combat action! So yeah, sign me up!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm 

Awesome to all of you :P like i said, we've got the month. @monstermanchego don't worry about the character sheet just yet. It won't be required until your first fight. That'd be the technical deadline. Just take your times and come up with a nice killer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:09 pm 

Aight. Not that it'll take me that long to make the character - I'm just gonna import a previously-made character. Before, I was thinking about adapting them to suit Chowretat, but I think I'll make an original character for that, or adapt a different character instead...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 pm 

@monstermanchego @Lawman @megarandom @Gunther
Well i don't know about you all but i personally am super impatient. I'm gonna retract the start date to the twentieth. Four days from now. I'll set up the ooc with the official rules now, but your character sheets aren't required until the twentieth. If you have them before then pm me. Good luck all! I'll post the link here when it's up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:40 pm 

Aight, noted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:50 pm 

If this doesn't work for anyone say so it can be extended back. I just didn't think there was any need to wait longer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:52 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48239&p=321654#p321654

Ooc and rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Not super impatient; quite the opposite actually. Will look at OOC. If I have time I'll cobble together a character.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:02 pm 

I'm throwing in this character.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48244#p321711

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:03 pm 

Be suree to post that in the ooc @Lawman