All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Testing the waters
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:31 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm not quite ready to come out of retirement until several conditions are met but while these are going through their motions I do like to entertain some ideas.

Alternate History: In 1944 a Nazi cartographer Ernest Drescher discovers the location of Atlantis and sets about on a preliminary excavation team to get to the legendary city as part of the Third Reich. However the war ends and the Nazis defeated, the team and the cartographer fade into obscurity with his findings falling into Soviet hands when they captured Berlin. In 1952 the Cold War is in full swing with more nations becoming nuclear and tensions building between eastern and western countries a British Spy discovers the intentions of the Soviets to use Atlantis as a weapon to advance the communist revolution. The US and its allies rush to assemble a team to get to Atlantis before the Communists do.

Sci-Fi Survival: In the distant future humanity expands beyond the solar system and colonizes a world that is earth-like. Not knowing this world would come between a galactic war between alien superpowers this once beautiful world becomes a battleground and humanity must choose to make a last stand for their precious colony or ally with one of these alien nations before they all discover Earth. An envoy team is sent to one of the alien landing zones in hopes of establishing communications.

Post-Apocalypse: In 2021 a massive solar flare hurls the world into a dark age as society destroys itself in the madness as all things with an electric current is destroyed in a blink of an eye. Can the dedicated few endure the elements to pick up the pieces or get consumed by chaos?

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Testing the waters
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:28 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

The Sci-Fi one interests me a lot. What races would be available? Humans only for the PC or are the aliens also a possibility? Also what is the tech level? We talking Star Trek or just a few years into the future? More modern tech. Are we talking a world in another galaxy? Or still our own milky way?

Post-Apocalypse: This sounds shiney!!!!

I'd be down for some of both probably.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:27 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

Going to have to agree with Fain here. Of the three listed, the last two would be the ones that I was most interested in.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm 

Depressingly Melancholy

The Sci-fi one will consists mostly humans at the start before introducing alien characters. The technology level is similar to Halo with mostly ballistic style weapons with a mixture of directed energy weapons, experimental shields and FTL capable ships. The world in question is in the same galaxy about 100 light years away from earth.

The post apocalyptic one hasn't been completely hashed out yet.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:37 pm 

Depressingly Melancholy

I had another idea that was sci-fi related but very niche based. I wanted to start a nation RP on a galactic level so people can create their own race and faction. However Efer has reminded me of the monumental task it would be to keep it together with the many subforms it would require to keep track of everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:31 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Perhaps some Dark Fantasy?

I had a dark fantasy with some mild steampunk elements of a world consumed by darkness where demons and beasts are wrecking havoc on elven lands with dwarves and humans making a stand against onslaught. A band of misfits from all walks of life embark on a mission to save the world from evil or perhaps make out like bandits and take the last airship out before the part of the world goes to hell. Anything goes or maybe they'll be heroes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:34 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

*edges in* I'd be interested in the dark fantasy~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:08 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Tidfe wrote:
*edges in* I'd be interested in the dark fantasy~

I'll start forging a more coherent plot then. Make it more....official.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:23 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)

With drawing interest for this thread.

Sent while hunting (mobile)-Using tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:28 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Dark Fantasy

The Dark Lord Naburis and his armies have ravaged the lands of Iysibriel for the last century in the War of Souls. The elves have become an endangered race with their powerful and ancient powers failing to repel an eldritch invasion that severed their ties to the land that gave them their powers. For the first time in aeons the children of the Fae seek refuge among human settlements, the once bitter rivals unite against a common threat along with strange allies from other parts of the land.

To what end the Dark Lord is reaching is anyone's guess. The ancient evil he commands has unleashed demons unto the world and the warring beastmen and ogre tribes now unite under his banner to march on their true foes who have tried to rid them for generations. The elves who have relied on their raw magicks in the past has failed to protect them as the ancient Fae lands that fueled them with the mana pools to draw from have been corrupted by the darkness. The humans, who have sat on the sidelines in this century long struggle, were always weak in magicks but were clever in their use of technology with the aid of their regional neighbors. The elves, still powerful with their magicks, have begrudgingly saw the best of both worlds to mix magic with human/dwarf technology.

Rogue wizards, sorcerers and necromancers with their plague rituals and demonic entities prey on the weakly defended settlements in the rustic areas of the human/elf realm of Tydewell. Some settlements have been reported to be consumed by rituals that made the very air caustic and the denizens died slow agonizing deaths and worse. Such a thing was thought impossible to do until now and the horror of this new reality made many to abandon villages to seek the safety of the larger cities.

The city of Westholm is the last bastion of safety in the region as its legendary fortifications watch over a troubled land. There the local Count ordered the hiring of demon hunters, mages and anyone else talented to combat the dark forces all the while the human houses including the small ecclesiastical militants have pitched in to raise an army. However no matter how many fill the ranks in these dark times a much more extraordinary few will be needed to turn the tide. The legends are long gone and there are already too many names of dead heroes donning the Hall of Courage and no one wants to be one in these dark times. The Cynics, and there are many, have come to the conclusion this land is doomed and there are airships leaving every week to escape the coming calamity. Who will prove them wrong?

And it is written in the Adventurer's handbook: the brave fall first.

Playable Races:
Human - The most populous people in the land appeared several thousand years ago with an ambiguous history have become both a benefit and a hazard to their regional neighbors. For generations they have had a bitter rivalry with elves and wolfkin in their heavy appetite for territory, resources and conquest. The once primitive race have become the most contentious and influential societies in Iysibriel.
Gnome - A strange people and the shortest people on average they are known to be great explorers and mathematicians. They share a common ancestry with the dwarves with few physical differences although polar philosophies since gnomes tend to be more liberal than their much conservative mountain dwelling brethren. They were instrumental in making many human adopted technologies practical.
Dwarf - The strong, short and stocky people from the northern mountains have shared the same level of contentiousness as humans and have a history of being the must stubborn species to ever inhabit Iysibriel. They're slightly taller than Gnomes and although they're excellent craftsman and architects they're more isolated and only have been exposed to human intrigue in the past few centuries. They are credited for inventing gunpowder.
Wolfkin - The race of wolf-like humanoids remain to be the most primitive in the land but their ability to blend primal forces with magicks has made them a contender in regional disputes. They despise humans more than the elves do for they lost a great swathe of their ancestral homelands to human land grabs in the past. They're naturally strong and they're the tallest among other races and have night vision among other advantages.
Mystics - The rarest of people and often mistaken as human save for the glowing markings on their body. They're magickally powerful like elves but their order is more of a religion than an institution of mana. Often sought after for council by their distant human cousins they are keepers of ancient secrets and artifacts from lost civilization that go back to the times of the Fae. They, under the consent of the elves, built academies to teach those who are capable to learn magicks and to use it with up most care.
Elf - The indigenous people of Iysibriel. Believed to be descendents of the god-like Fae of many aeons ago they're unrivaled in magicks and draw power directly from the mana pools that swell into the ancient Fae lands. Physically tall and lithe they are a beautiful people but also arrogant and snobbish with the utmost disgust towards outsiders, especially humans. They were once the most populous until the recent war have drastically reduced their numbers and for this reason the dark elf subspecies has been considered extinct.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Sounds epic~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:42 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

It's not my best. That's what I get for going so long without RPing and writing.

I'm getting there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:18 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Ghost...If this isn't your best, I think I would be terrified by your best. Cause the idea sounds like it would be freaking awesome to do!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:12 am 

Depressingly Melancholy

Tidfe wrote:
Ghost...If this isn't your best, I think I would be terrified by your best. Cause the idea sounds like it would be freaking awesome to do!

You're too kind.

I think it is 1x1 for now unless someone else jumps in.