Post subject: Role Play Addicts (RPA)
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:03 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Hello folks! I am Yue, your humble organizer and I am here to tell you that the Role Play Addicts, or RPA, meetings are now beginning!

Pretty much, think of it like AA Meetings but for people who are addicted to roleplay (specifically @Asterous you need to join this, you have to, I won't take no for an answer). What I want you to do is share all your stories! Like how long have you been roleplaying? What's the biggest number of RPs you've had at one time? When have you gone overboard with your love for roleplaying? OR you know, just share your love for roleplaying. That's the most important part of all!

I'll start! I've been in love with roleplaying for a long time but I have this problem that I love to join and request interest in a thousand different RPs all at once and then be all overwhelmed by the work of actually being in all of them. I've learned from this experience... somewhat... not really but I'm getting there!!

The other thing I want to call out is of course... today this was pointed out to me:

Now... whose name do you see the most?

Aster.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:15 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

I have no shame in turning this site green! No shame!

Now, because you asked so nicely...

I, Aster of the many roleplays, have been doing this for 9 or 10 years now? Honestly I don't remember, but it's somewhere around that mark. Started with chat rooms when I had no idea what I was doing (I still don't really!), then moved to emails, and then found myself hopping between forums and such. And then joined another, and another...

Next question (not in order), wait...gone overboard with roleplays? Is that a thing? Can that happen? What do you mean I'm not supposed to be up until 3am writing replies or hoping someone will reply to me? Nonsense, all of it. I'm not answering this.

What's the biggest number of RPs you've had at one time? Pfft, easy. Somewhere between 74-77 at one point, I don't remember the exact number but it was more than 70 but not quite 80.

Now if you'll excuse me I was in the middle of some very important roleplaying!

And it's not an addiction!

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:26 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Asterous wrote:

Now if you'll excuse me I was in the middle of some very important roleplaying!

Precious answer, lol.

I've been roleplaying for 10+ years and I think that the biggest number of RPs I've had at once in 10+ years was 15 threads going strong for a long time. While it was fun to jump into multiple threads at once with fervent RP muse, it was also a bad idea. Once life responsibilities happen, 15 threads started to feel more like a chore. Lately, I've been limiting myself to 5 at once even though the temptation is there always to do more.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:40 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Asterous wrote:
And it's not an addiction!

Uh huh. Sure. Aster of Many RPs. Aster the in-human mutant RPing robot. Aster the... all these other titles we'll think about naming each other later on.

I still think my intervention would have succeeded if the whole site had gotten involved.....

I don't think I've ever been over... 10 rps at once? Wait, wait I think the largest number I've had is... 8? Or 7? I don't remember at all actually. I just know right now I never try to go over 5 or I'd be doomed. But I just love joining roleplays. Not actually participating in them. Just. Joining. I mean I love participating in them too! Realized I need to make that part clear.... but sometimes that part never actually happens..... But joining roleplays is my jam! I'll throw my bucket in all of them if I could! I just know that if I tried this I'd probably fail everyone. Like. Everyone.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I am not addicted to roleplaying. Waiting eagerly for days and weeks for that one reply doesn't count as being addicted. Having lists of ideas and worlds that I want to try out doesn't count either. Hoping that certain people would come back to continue our rp doesn't count as well. Nor does the fact count that if all the rp's I am in would suddenly turn active again I would die of happiness.
So I am only here to say that I have been actively roleplaying since over 4 years now (I started on a different site but circumstances drove me straight into your arms).
and I support the notion that Aster needs professional help (as long as I keep getting replies for my rp's that is) ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm, uh, a 'recovering' adict.

Not that roleplay is an addiction! Not at all, that's crazy talk.

I've been 'clean' for a while. At one point, it was either spend my life glued to my keyboard, on the street, constantly on the search for cheap or free wifi when the library eventually kicked me out, or make a sacrifice.

Sometimes, the call gnaws at the back of my mind. In fact, I love giving myself to rp, but sometimes I wonder if I'll slip back into addiction. If rp was an addiction, that is. Which it is not!

There isn't anything wrong with freeing the mind once in awhile, right? I just...

Real talk here, I've been roleplaying a long time. At least 10+ years, and the most I've ever been in is probably around 20 or so. It's been a few years. My partner vanished some time ago... A lot of things happened as well, such as work among other things. Falling outs happen. It sucks.

I want to do more, but my cravings have been very specific, and I'm still clawing my way out of a slump right now.

PostThis post was deleted by WildSpawn on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:09 pm.
Reason: .