All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roleplay Advice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:59 am 

If you're looking for me...I'm not here

Blog: View Blog (0)

I'm relatively new to roleplaying (not character creation, oddly enough) and I was wondering if I could get some tips for later roleplays

Question 1.) In a multi-person roleplay how would I do character development by interacting with someone else, without it offending them (not sure exactly how to put that), or seeming forced?

Question 2.) When someone creates a roleplay which would involve interacting with other characters, but you start in different areas, what would be the best way to meet up with them, without assuming how their world is (creating features like buildings, bridges, etc.)?

"Why should we define someone as being good or evil, the sides change depending on where you stand, neutrality is the only path that remains the same." -Me

"The pessimist looks down and loses his head,
The optimist looks up and loses his footing,
The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly" -King Ezekial, The Walking Dead

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay Advice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:20 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

I'm sure you'll get lots of answers here, but I thought I'd offer some insight. =)

1- If you're afraid your post would offend said person, or seem forced, collab with them, a lot of people around here are used and willing to do collabs, or answer questions on whether or not something specific is okay.

2- The GM often has a plan for that, so it's always cool to ask them. If they start with the characters separate, they usually have a plan of giving them a bit of work to do before meeting up with the group.

Let me know if you need more clarification!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:25 pm 

Thanks, that helps (sorry if that sounds sarcastic)

"Why should we define someone as being good or evil, the sides change depending on where you stand, neutrality is the only path that remains the same." -Me

The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly" -King Ezekial, The Walking Dead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:48 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

A big tip for interacting with other people's characters is to remember you can only speak for and control the actions of your character, no one else's. Most people get very upset when you write that their character said or did something.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:17 pm 

I am one of those people (who hate it), and that annoys me.