All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your First Character
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:52 pm 

making waves

Blog: View Blog (0)

My very first P2P charri was a 16yo girl named Emmaleigh Cera Hutchkinson- and I have literally played her or a version of her since 1999. Gaw! She was frizzy haird with a plague of freckles- temperamental and selfish and one of the biggest hearted people I ever wrote about. She met the love her life, had a baby and was nearly killed by her own brother- plus a thousand other plots that we threw her and her friends into!

She first arrived an a HP rip off called AEA set in the Bermuda Triangle. We had school houses and magic/ wands. We RP'd ourselves in classes and had actual homework and everything! Then slowly, other member joined her in my head and it got the point that I created a place (with a Partner in Crime) where they had free reign. There was still magic/wands because that's what were comfortable with but we also used the board/IM for plot design or dialogue clarification. It got to the point where Emmie and her relatives/friends felt like any board drama with other people (other than my PiC) was a "job"- like acting. And that being in La Valle was like being home.

Man, she was SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:44 pm 

OK, this looks bad.

Blog: View Blog (11)

My first was a halfling assassin called Ander Nebin or Ander Spiderfoot or Ander Featherjump or whatever I felt like at the time. I had just spent all my money on D&D 4th edition books and had managed to convince my friends and girlfriend at the time to play. I was juggling DM'ing and playing at the same time so I didn't really get to roleplay him very well, but I grew very fond of him. Though to be fair, all my D&D adventures were just variations on 'here are a lot of monsters, kill them' so there wasn't much roleplaying to be had. He managed to survive about as long as the relationship with the girl did and then was banished to NPC roles before becoming an villain in a later one of my campaigns. Never died though!

Sometimes I wonder what old Ander is up to nowadays. Probably drowning his sorrows in a tavern somewhere with the rest of my forgotten and abandoned characters. Now I feel bad. Sorry Ander!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:01 am 

hey kid want some dmt

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

Oh man.

I first started roleplaying on Neopets when my family first got dialup internet; so you would click to open the RP boards, walk away, make a sandwich, come back, and maybe the text of the page had loaded. I was 10 or younger, so of course my first character was a Mary-Sue who, in my head at least, was totally me but with all the powers of all the X-Men ever.

I like to think I've improved since then.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:26 pm 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Compared to writing by myself, I got way later (around 15-16y ) into the RP world. It was totally by accident, googling some things and stumbling upon a site that recommended other RP forums... I read some of the posts and...registered.
Actually ... I am not very sure, since It was way ago which of them was my first, because I started out at two different RP sites at the same time.
Luna Lovegood at a Harry Potter RP ( The novels were still not complete and the popularity was crazy that time... I just liked her and this was first and last time I played canon, not because it was bad, but because I rarely find a canon character that I am confident in portraying as well as her.)

And at the same time, I played a vampire male, franchised after one of Anne Rice's novels... because I was young and I liked them a lot. Both Vampires and Anne Rices novels... I still like them, but not as crazy as that time. *grin*

Well it got not too deep, one site died down, and I took a long break after those two 'firsts' only starting to play D&D with my friends at the end of my highschool again. After that lots of other things followed. The End.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 pm 

can horses get songs stuck in their heads

Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

my first oc was a particularly embarrassing mary sue named DarkRaven Scarlet. i wish i was kidding. she had a twin brother LightRaven. she was a dark angel, he was an angel. she spoke like, 900 languages, had elemental powers, dark powers, had a cool black and red katana.... blech.

i never use her anymore. she's since been left in the vault of embarrassing characters ive amassed over the years.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:03 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

The old OC shame cube is far too real.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:35 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2

@Eggsy , getting a little sidetracked, if you ever read xianxia (chinese fantasy-martial novels) you will think that created embarassing OC's are nothing. The protagonist usually starts out owerpowered and he ends up even more overpowered. Strangely, its addicting. Stroking your own ego with Mary Sue/Gary Stu... haha.

Speaking about Mary Sue, I think I had one or two of them as well as I started out - but luckily they got scrapped by attentive forum mods that time, before they could be completely born into the world. The cute thing was, I did not even know what "Mary Sue or Gary Stu" meant at that time and had to google it!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 pm 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

mysaren wrote:
my first oc was a particularly embarrassing mary sue named DarkRaven Scarlet. i wish i was kidding. she had a twin brother LightRaven. she was a dark angel, he was an angel. she spoke like, 900 languages, had elemental powers, dark powers, had a cool black and red katana.... blech.

i never use her anymore. she's since been left in the vault of embarrassing characters ive amassed over the years.

This makes me want to create a "redeem a ridiculous old character" roleplay.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm 

can horses get songs stuck in their heads

Dawn ✭ Quixotic wrote:
mysaren wrote:

This makes me want to create a "redeem a ridiculous old character" roleplay.

if you ever decide to, i have plenty of old ocs to drag out, heh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:26 pm 

1st Year (1)

My first character was a phantom swordsman who went by Blake. He was a powerful and swift swordsman who was a lapdog for a corrupted government and its fastest soldier. I never got into D&D despite really wanting to, even to this day and so I gave online roleplaying a shot. I ended up creating a super speedy swordsman who owned many blades, with several functions. Blake went on from that become something interesting to me. After a little more soul searching and playing around with others, he became a dragon man known as Razeron, a pretty cool guy but a blatant flirt. The story is a bit screwy.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

An ookami ( wolf neko for those that don't know) named Shinu on Chatango. He was my first and last submissive character. I think he was very well recieved as he was well balanced and fun. Sadly I don't roleplay as hom anymore as I only had his character sheet on the Chatango profile and I can't access Chatango at the moment but he'll always have a fond place in my heart as he was also the character I met my first boyfriend with. <3

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

@Master Samurai That's happened to me a few times too. I ended up rewriting most of my older OCs for the better, and there are some without sheets I'd love to bring back to life again. You could always bring him back one day like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:13 am 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)

Oh, I like this Topic! Really get to know people because of it and how they think, sort of lol

My first character is the same character that will be in my book series I am currently writing. Now, he has come a long way from where he original started. He was very arrogant and ill-tempered, but with my maturity, he also matured over time. Hopefully, everyone loves him once I publish my book.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm 

I'm still a youngling here and in Roleplay in general, but the very first Character I created was for an inFAMOUS: Second Son Roleplay. It was a self-insert, Thomas Greene. Let's just say he was one of the cringeist, most embarrassing excuse for an original character ever. I deleted him from dA after I grew a third braincell and realised how **** he really was. RIP.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:35 pm 

I have returned.

1st Year (1)

The first character I ever created was a Tremere Prince in a VtM game, run on IRC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 pm 

First character created now that's asking a lot for an old timer like me to remember. That was twenty or so years ago. I can just recall it was a gangrel vampire for Vampire the Masquerade. Name, age, abilities, anything other than clan and the fact it was male escape me. Person to person rp done while in school.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:08 pm 

My first character ever in a role-playing game was shape-shifting dinosaur.

Don't ask, it was a strange game. And my avatar was a raptor. so i created a shape shifting raptor.

He later on took the body of a Disney princess (Once Upon a Time was on it's fifth season at the time.) and later I gave him amnesia and she has been that way ever since. I actually would like to introduce her to some of you guys but i have yet to find any role-playing where she would suitable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:18 am 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

My first D N D character was created in 1984 during my first year in college. Was she Rasa? a mage half-elf the game was a module. I hung around my BF and his friends consisted of 8 young men named David. I married one of the Davids and we stayed together 23 years. I had to call the guys by their last names. Those were fun times.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am 

Floating

Well. Let's see. The problem is I've got like 10-15 characters but I've only ever roleplayed with I think about 4 ish. The first two I used were twins in this Percy Jackson roleplay. (Don't judge me. I'm obsessed) Their names were Scottie and Jordan Vaughn. Brother and Brother? Brother and Sister? Yeah. It was a complicated process. I quit after about three days because the rules got really complicated. That and it was a multi - person roleplay. I would love to use them again but there isn't anywhere for them.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:38 am 

Fear the plant

My first character was a half-elf named Akilina. I did play her until I stopped chat roleplaying... and would like to play her again. She has undergone a few restarts and some MAJOR mods. In the original game she was straight and had a nice little romance with a boy and I don't remember much more than that (I was 14, there is a lot I forget). I think I made her an empath after that point for joys of messing her up. Then I played her time in the military with a girl friend and she ended up totally into other women in that game. The one with my friend it was all about them falling madly in love and not getting too close because being gay had a death sentence, so it was like high level chemistry and anguish and amazing. I kept her being into girls forever after that because it actually helped tone down smut level in games with her. The only thing that never changed was her "pet" thing that is like this weird parrot-lizard cross and it bites men. Because something has to be funny when you get gritty.