All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your First Character
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

My first character I ever made, that I can still remember today anyways, is actually my namesake. The character Jack Spade was an idea I made with a friend back in about 2010 before I started to RP. The idea came up because my friend started saying that he was Batman, and not just once but all the time. Teachers would ask his name and he'd respond Batman, then Bruce Wayne if they asked again. So then I asked the question, "If you're Batman, what does that make me?" because of the two of us, I'm the more erratic one, but I am also the moral compass of our duo. In the end, we decided that I must be some kind of good version of the Joker, and of such the character Jack Spade was born. Over time I developed him into his own character, but that is where he got his start.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

My first character in an RP…. It was 2001 on a now-defunct Tolkien message-board … Amliach the Dunedain Ranger, one of the few male characters I’ve written.
I was a 13 year old girl who really didn’t know what I was doing. He was my ‘learning’ character while a couple more experienced RP writers mentored me in that RP.

Edit: after going through my notes from an old computer, My first character was a gawdawful mary sue half elf that I came up with at an inn group open RP. My Amliach was the workhorse, being my first character in an organised group RP. I later introduced Carawen into that RP as an NCE, but she took on a life and became a main, and Amliach faded away.

Last edited by Deumeawyn on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I honestly don't remember my first RP character.... All I know is it was a Naruto based RP.

The first character that I created that I do remember was Matthew James Kline. Originally he was just your average high school kid, with white-blonde hair and ice-blue eyes. His family owned a farm, so he also had tanned skin from helping his family work in the fields. He has evolved many times. I played with an idea of a magic academy, and Matt appeared in that story as a boy witch. Then, I made a fanfic about my own life, and Matt starred in it again as a Half Demon from the Charmed TV show. Matt could blink us into any reality, and we visited a few of my favorite books, and lots of different shows. Finally, he has a story of his own that I've finished the draft of. XB

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 pm 

Fear the plant

Akilina, the half-elf fighter-empath. I was like 14. I played a game with her, got her married and then we kind of decided we were done. When I switched sites year later I started playing her and she changed quite a bit. I played various stages of her life between 16 and 40 over time. Yes I still have her and I actually just restarted her (back to 16 with you) with Coral, because I always kind of regretted never being able to really 'finish' another game with her ever. Also Coral has a weird obsession with her. I have no idea why.

The other character I had right from the start was Morgan, who was a not evil drow. She was an artist and painted amazingly. She was a bit on the suicidal side. I actually intended to finish her off once and after writing her epic goodbye post, got so much protest from a couple other players I let them save her. I was weak. I haven't played her in eons.

Finally the last of the three originals is Keely. Her story begins on one site and continues to another and into e-mail nearly without interruption! She's a rather messed up priestess of the sea god, beginning as a teenager and continuing on to now being about 40 and having five kids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:42 pm 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

First character...umm...well...that goes back rather a long ways...I've been writing since I was a young teenager, and playing Dungeons and Dragons for almost the same amount of time...25+ years...

So, for Dungeons and Dragons I started in 2nd Edition with a Human Cleric - the first appearance of Dalen Ambrosious. As I recall, the party needed a healer when I was invited. It was then I discovered my love for creating new characters...the sheer process and details of making one was fascinating. While most others had seemed to create their characters in an hour; I had taken the whole night to create Dalen. He was also the first character I created in hatred of the undead - having selected Pelor as his deity. This would become a reoccurring theme for my characters in Dungeons and Dragons over the years...no matter what role they took on....well...almost. :D Eventually, Dalen evolved over the years into one of the most beloved of my creations. When 3.5 Edition came out - I created Dalen to be much like Paksenarrion was from Elizabeth Moon's books on character of same name. By then, I had already latched onto the Paladin class as my favorite, but something always made me want it to be more unique and harder. Thus, I started Dalen off as a Fighter first. Over the next few levels...six I believe...I had been making sure he was faithful to Sune: his goddess....praying to her, keeping her ideals, and so forth. Eventually, She called Dalen to Her temple to join her clerics, and thus began Dalen's rise as a Cleric of Sune. From there, Dalen went on for about four or five levels to champion any cause of his goddess, and learned all he could at Her temple when he was home. After saving Sune's temple from Bane's followers - Sune called him to be a Paladin, and thus he remained all the rest of his career. As I recall, he fell in love with Sune, and later married her before the campaign ended.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

I honestly can't remember what my first ever roleplaying character was. I can and will, however, share my first Dungeons & Dragons character with you guys.

Her name was Mykor'rhizäth Siannodel, and she was a Neutral Evil, cannibalistic druid, Circle of the Moon (lots of turning into big animals from the get-go for the uninitiated). Her outlook on the world was that humanoid races had ****ing everything up so badly that the only reasonable thing to do was to kill everyone and start over (including herself, when the job was otherwise done), Thus, she themed up with a group of adventurers and constantly (most of the time unsuccessfully) campaigned for the path of action that would lead to the most destruction. A lot of her personality was attached to a cooked human leg we found in the first session, which she then fed to some wolves as a distraction, then immediately regretted (and the next chance she got, she stole a leg from a corpse and cooked it and kept it with her). She was fantastic to play and I love her with all my heart.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am 

My first character was a guy named Wolf. I started him on Akrealms. He was my first well-rounded and diverse character. But sadly Akrealms is gone.