All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Roleplay Confessions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:49 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Got that little thing you wanna get off your chest? You know, that little thing you're not really proud of, but you still do or did? Confess to us! We won't judge (much).

I'll confess first:

My male characters are not nice people just for the kindness of their hearts. They want something. Be it money, a free meal, or a hot chick in bed, they always want something.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

My characters are usually iconoclast in some way. They are either in conflict with their societies and the associated sacred cows, or their existence is somehow unacceptable to their societies' accepted norms. Some them deal with it better than others.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay Confessions
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:13 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

One of my very first experiences in roleplay, I committed a lot of rp crimes such as bunnying and power playing. Thankfully I had some patient friends who taught me what was alright and what was not. <3

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:24 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Most of my characters have dark pasts- and are often of the nice/brooding variety.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Same as Marco: most of my characters have very dark pasts that make them act in various ways (telling jokes all the time and smiling a lot to cover up)
I also make character pairs a lot. I don't know why but I usually have a two character minimum in each story and those two are either friends or siblings (I make lots of twins for some reason)

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:36 am 

Medals: 5
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Kiddo's not the only one with crimes in his past, though mine were more of Godmodding and such mostly due to lack of RP experience. I made some friends some of which aided in bringing me to my current RP level.

3DS Friend code: 1762-3216-4894

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:55 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)

I kiiiiinda want to get into stat based RP. But I am also way, way, WAY too lazy to actually do it.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:04 pm 

Fearless Sissy wrote:
I kiiiiinda want to get into stat based RP. But I am also way, way, WAY too lazy to actually do it.

Speaking of a want to do a type of rp. I have always wanted to do something kind of like D&D. Though I have never tried it and would probably ruin the whole thing. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:14 pm 

Sort of back.

Marco wrote:
Speaking of a want to do a type of rp. I have always wanted to do something kind of like D&D. Though I have never tried it and would probably ruin the whole thing. XD

Only one way to know. =)

Confession: The research required is one of my favorite parts in crafting a new roleplay.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 am 

Commissions closed, will announce reopening!

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (23)

When I first started roleplaying, I was really bad about OOC/IC knowledge, and constantly pestered other characters with my own with really bad dialogue.

I also still use a self-insert character in a TON of roleplays...

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 am 

I really want to make a secret, evil society that wears bright pink robes. So, instead of everyone whispering about "the dark ones", children will have nightmares about the Lisa Frank Armada. The world trembles before the Pink Ones. No one is safe.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:29 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Two female US Army Officers graduated from the US Army Ranger School at Ft. Benning, GA on Friday. I intend to create a Military RP set about 25 years in the future involving an all female Ranger unit on some covert operation somewhere in the world.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:29 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

My chief confession is that if all the RPs I am in suddenly became active, I would be absolutely buried.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:32 pm 

Many roleplays I make are based off of one of my story's.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:47 pm 

Sort of back.

I have spent a long time maintaining contact with I person I didn't really like just because they were a great writer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

Back when I first started RPing, I'd only participate in real life fantasy/apocalypse stories. And I was terrible for making my characters overly important and OP I was just an awful person to write with.

alsooo... I'm unfairly picky with the people I write with.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

There's been a couple times I've bailed on RP's without saying a word. Though to be fair to myself, those were all times I was GMing a group and had a mental breakdown over their bull#$%&.
The last one was a Pathfinder game with high-level evil characters and it ended with me swearing off D&D 3.5 derivatives basically forever.

My first time playing D&D I had the WORST character ever. He was a ninja raised by chaotic good duergar (basically the dark elf equivalent of dwarves) who were circus performers. And to boot he was poorly optimized. Most Mary-Sue-ish special snowflake I've ever made, and the best part is, I had an awesome semi-unique (I same semi because he was directly inspired by me reading some Spider-Man comics with Venom at the time) character that I dumped before starting the game for this guy.
And when the GM objected over the backstory I through a hissy fit about how my character was "too imaginative" for him. No joke. I mean I was 16 at the time but up til then I had been waaay more mature about RP stuff (even in the Inuyasha RP I did).
No justification for that one.

I once completely threw away the characterization I had for a character solely so I could start a lesbian romance with one of the other characters (though in retrospect this arguably made for a better character anyway).

Marco wrote:

You can't ruin D&D by being a n00b.
You can only ruin it by knowing too much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:15 am 

it's so easy to screw up when you're a rookie. Ego is a ****ing. Check it at the door. Read the rules and just do the best you can. Worst thing you can do in an RP is change your character (unless thats what they do). Never leave people scratching their heads saying WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am 

Confession: I don't actively seek out grim, dark RPs. But sometimes, they just develop in that way for me, and I really enjoy it when they do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:14 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Sparxx wrote:
it's so easy to screw up when you're a rookie. Ego is a ****ing. Check it at the door. Read the rules and just do the best you can. Worst thing you can do in an RP is change your character (unless thats what they do). Never leave people scratching their heads saying WTF?

The worst thing you can do in an RP is try to change someone else's character...

It is not about waiting out the storm. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next