All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay Confessions
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:48 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Must confess again: I watched the Justice League trailer yesterday, and oh, Lord, so many ideas for a roleplay out of that trailer alone.
Send help.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

I confess, I often have a hard time turning people down in group RPs.
1x1, it's easy to turn people away if I'm not feeling them.

In a group, it can be harder, because intuitively, I know I don't want them in my game, but they haven't really given me "cause" yet per se.
Often it opens up to difficulties when the person in question has a friend who joins too...

It makes me think I'll have to put a number cap on group RPs since it gives me a justified arbitrary reason to turn people down.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Confession, I'd rather roleplay with those who have characters who can develop throughout a roleplay than those with static personalities. Even if the latter is more fleshed-out.

I like characters who have some sort of background before the timeline of a roleplay, but the story should allow them to grow and establish themselves as their listed traits, not their traits to establish them.

Characterization is important, but it also has to be believable. People grow and change over time, especially young adults and people thrown into life-altering situations. It's okay to act a little out of character under pressure, but it should affect them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

confession: I want to complete at least one roleplay

The sadness of roleplaying is that most never get completed, because people don't feel like it anymore, they don't like the story anymore or they just disappear. Still I wish to be able to see at least one through to the end someday

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Confession: I am contemplating trying to get back into roleplaying or not. On one hand I want to write, on the other hand I haven't really been feeling it nor have much time anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:08 pm 

Sort of back.

Confession: I just watched Kong Skull Island (finally) and now I have the itch to roleplay in that setting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 pm 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Confession: I've use the guilt card one time to get someone to RP with me. Basically, I was on the Warriors Roleplay website and didn't have any RPs moving along, so I mentioned to one of the guys I was RPing with that I hadn't talk to anyone in awhile because lots of bad stuff was going on in my RL (which was true at the time), but still it was very immature of myself. We made an RP within a day and it actually did really well, but I can't remember exactly what it was about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Confession: I have only group RPd in Tolkien’s Middle Earth.
I co-wrote (1x1) an RP based in France in World War 2, and co-wrote one set in Taglios in Glen Cook’s Black Company world.
That said, I would like to get into an RP based on the TV show ‘Berlin Station’.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:30 am 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Confession: I have a hard time having to tell others that their idea for a character won't work in a story I created - be it for the concept of the character, or the quality of the work. I usually have to go to Asterous or Sound of Silence for help (Thank the both of you!).

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm 

Sort of back.

I confess I'm having wild cravings for the cheesiest romance plots ever. Send help, please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21