All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shout Out To...
View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:47 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

people who don't know what the opposite of 'in' is

Jokes aside, this thread is for those posts, or bits of posts, that made you laugh, scream, cry, and just generally go "wow, I am so lucky to be writing with this person".

So, share with us those moments!

Blake's adamant defense of and belief in Mallory's honesty always makes me smile.

GreyHelm wrote:
The pirates were shockingly unmoved by Mallory's determination; Blake was horrified upon realizing that they wanted him, and not her, to go aboard with them. Sure she was a girl, but she was the smartest person he'd ever met! She was definitely the smartest person in all of Denyan- she'd taught him numbers and letters, as best as he could learn them, drawing in the mud with a stick or counting rocks and shells out by the coastline. He could read a bit and he could count up to 12 (the next one was bad luck, which was why she'd stopped teaching him there- at least, that was why she said she'd stopped. And Mal never lied- that was a fact).

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Shout Out To...
View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:55 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Alright, so I have a lot I can put in this thread. I'll start with something from you, since you were so kind as to showcase Blake in all his omniscient glory.

Vivienne's distaste for her boss, as well as her hilarious commentary on him never ceases to crack me up. She's the kind of character that I always find myself looking forward to reading. This little bit is definitely one of my favorites.

Fearless Sissy wrote:
"Vivienne. How pleasant it is to see you again."

Oh, no, really? Really? Like it was not already bad enough to be in a place that stank of smoke and had a more than suspicious floor, of course His Royal Pain In The Ass, Mathias Lazaahn, had to stop by to let everyone around him bask in his glory. Or rather, choke them with it, as was his way. Everything annoyed her about him, right from his clunky boots to his ridiculous goatee. It only added to the annoyance that he fit much better with the people in here than she did, but no way would she sacrifice fashion for the sake of blending in. Not in this place. She had her dignity, unlike him, who was dressed like a sad, wannabe-punk caricature of Dumbledore. It really was too bad he was a Prince.

"Hello, Lazaahn," she replied coldly without looking at him, instead keeping a fixed stare on the makeshift band that was assembling in front of her. "You know, if you must invade my privacy, you could at least buy me a drink."

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:59 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

The introduction to this world of my favorite dork!

Fearless Sissy wrote:
A quietly hissed oath sounded in the small, grimy bathroom where Jonathan had just cut himself while shaving. Always, always happens. No one should let you near anything sharp. He tore off a small piece of toilet paper and looked reproachfully at his mirrored self. A blue tie with wild geometric patterns hung around his neck, and the hair above his left ear refused to be tamed because of a cowlick he had. That, together with the now red piece of paper on his cheek and the bags under his eyes screamed "unemployed" to him. Or, if you really wanted to be specific, "pretending not to be unemployed and barely scraping by only because my aunt is so nice and lets me live here for almost nothing".

View Likes PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 pm 

In FOS, Tyne's character Sen always has the most vivid, memorable commentary on the things happening around her. This moment, after the arrival of the Gods themselves on the battlefield, is one of my favorite examples of this.

Tyne wrote:
The God spoke to the Prince again, but when silence answered him he started to continue. Sen hardly blamed the Commander. To even witness something -someone- like this was nothing short of impossible, let alone to actually be addressed by such a -

"Well it's about damn time."

Sen choked. Audibly. It wasn't clear what she had choked on -tongue, spit, air- but a loud, sputtering and quickly-smothered cough erupted from her figure as the Prince-Commander sassed the God. She knew he was continuing to speak to the divine presence in front of him, but she was so thrown by the tone of his voice and choice of words that she could scarcely understand them. A well-hidden piece of herself wanted to laugh, but it was covered by the wave of incredulity. A battlefield full of Gods, and for at least six seconds the only thing she could do was stare, disbelieving, at a mortal man with a thick beard over a smart mouth.

Sen's idea of the Commander altered in that moment- he may have no longer been on his obscure, noble pedestal of leadership reserved for those of royal blood, but she felt a little knot of personal loyalty form in the depths of her chest.

Oh, and Tyne also wrote this in the same RP, which somehow sparked a bit of a meme.

Tyne wrote:
“Don’t forget the sollerets, boy.”

What are sollerets? Why are they so important? We didn't know what, we didn't know why, but it didn't matter. Every single time I went to that thread afterwards that statement jumped off of the page at me. It drove me nuts at first, but eventually I grew to appreciate it for the hilarity it embodies. Mainly because of the funny voices we've used in reciting it.

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:34 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Not tryin' to over-do the FOS around here, but it's for real extreme great so cut me slack:

Double shout-out in one post, if it's cool: This collab between Eferhilda and GreyHelm (Weylyn and Rolyn) has a contrast that impresses the daylights out of me. The rest of the post totally shows even more dynamic between these two characters, but the first part is my favorite <3

Eferhilda wrote:
“WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?!” Weylyn practically snarled as he strode up to his friend, mentor and patron God who stood by the fountain. Clad now for war he was beyond waiting for them to do what must be done and was prepared to do what he knew was right where the others would not. “You of all people!” he snapped as he rounded on the other God. “People are dying! The lands are dying! And you stand here looking into a fountain like there is nothing wrong in the world? Are we Gods? Or are we cowards that sit up here and wait for the Monsters to go away?!”

GreyHelm wrote:
Rolyn sensed the approach of the Elder God before the enraged voice even had a chance to erupt from behind him; he didn't turn away from the water as the tirade swept over him, listening without a visible reaction. Once the man had finally paused, probably only to take a breath before beginning another enraged onslaught, Rolyn turned to face him with a small smile.

"Weylyn, it is good to see you after such a long time," he replied calmly, his pale, serene eyes locking onto the other individual's furious ones. "I would ask what brings you up from Soluunar, when you are so seldom seen away from your pack, but I believe you've already made that quite clear."

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 pm 

Eggs' little Mechanic Musical made me snicker. It's adorably dorky.

Eggs wrote:
Julian himself was hard at work, humming to the tune of the song's opening while underneath the first car on a sliding board. As a busted pipe on the underside of the car was taken off, he began to sing along. Badly. While he could play an instrument, his vocal cords were instruments not. Picking up as the second chorus began, he kicked himself out from under the car, sliding along with the ruined metal under his arm. "When all hell's breakin' loose, you'll be ridin' the eye of the storm!" He blurted out, stopping himself after he was away from the car. The board he had been laying on kept going, stopping as it nudged the bottom of a shelf holding multiple toolboxes.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:13 am 

Celebrating the tag mod by putting this here stuff by @Syain from our Metro RP here. Bonding and storytelling time, yay!

Syain wrote:
While he knows that Ivan is already burdened with things an eighteen year old shouldn't be, cannibalism doesn't seem like a thing he should introduce in a casual manner.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:58 pm 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)

Adding to the celebration with @stardust for this excerpt- the balance of frustration, sass and indigestion made me read this part over and over... plus, I can't wait to go puke somewhere so I have an excuse to use that phrase :D

stardust wrote:
She was freed when they entered a rather bare public toilet. Joey was a little thankful for this, as the moment Gil released her, she crawled up to it and expunged a pavement pizza. When she was finished, she turned her back to it and faced the android, who was still there, looking at her expectantly.

“Great job, R2-D2, you just made the midday news reel,” she swiped her hand across her jaw and spit some blood from her lip. She'd bitten it in all the “excitement.” She removed her backpack, inspecting the contents. The medicine had broken open during the chase, and was soaked up with all of the money inside. The cores blinked a healthy green at her, just as before, as if mocking her that they, of all things, remained fine.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 pm 

RN (Ratchet Nurse)

Global Moderator

Medals: 8
Funniest Member (1) 1st Year (1)

Shoutout to @Tidfe for this amazing character sheet.

Sheet in question | +
Name: Amber Lunol
Bitten vs Pure: Pure

Personality: Soft and quiet, Amber is a graceful and light hearted person. She loves it when everyone is more or less getting along and dislikes violent conflict. She isn't stupid and knows that disagreements happen, but she does her best to solve them with as little bloodshed and hurt feelings on both sides as possible. Her patience knows no bounds and she actually breaks the stereotypical "fiery red head" trope very well. Her anger is more cold and calculating when it does rear its head, but that is rare and you would really have to try and hurt her for it to happen. That isn't to say frustration or being mad is foreign to her. She just knows to take a deep breath and let it all out. Anger gets people nowhere and she would rather a solution was found than a yelling match started. She is a happy realist, knowing when optimism would help and when it would hinder. She likes to take people at face value and tries to see the good in everyone. Rather they deserve it or not. She hopes to fulfill whatever role the clan has for her to the best of her abilities and to make sure that everyone finds a place they can be happy in.

Backstory: She was born into a large clan and a very...Unconservative one. At least as far as pure breds go. She has no idea who her father is and only a vague recollection of her mother as in her clan, everyone raises everyone since no one really knows whose child is whose. So needless to say, she has lots of brothers and sisters so to speak and that is just fine by her. Supposedly, she is among the next in line to be Alpha and while that would be a lovely thing, she knows that to get it, she would have to fight and she just doesn't like that. Her clan, while not a violent one, is one that does like a good brawl now and then and growing up around that has caused her to not like it as much as her other family members. She would rather read or walk in the woods than punch someone in the face.
Appearance:

Any other notes: None for the moment.

Name: Onyx Lunol
Pure vs Bitten: Pure
Personality: Always looking for a fight, he takes anything as an insult. He is more likely to throw a punch first and the last one to call it quits. On anything. He always believes he is right...Even when shown multiple times he is wrong. He takes pride in what he is and believes that if you aren't a Pure breed, you are nothing but scum under the heel of his boot. Of course he is smart enough to keep some of this to himself. Key word being some. Loud and brash, he can rarely keep his mouth shut and holds grudges like you wouldn't believe. Even in a clan that likes a good fight every now and then, he is more or less exiled from most events out of fear that he would ignite a brawl. Not that he cares. He likes to believe his reputation proceeds him. Cocky and arrogant enough to believe he can get away with anything, there is nothing he wouldn't do to get what he wants and when he wants it.

Backstory: Raised more or less at the bottom of the group clan, he made his anger tendencies well known from the start. This caused the clan to more or less exile him to the furthest reaches of their home while still having him near. The Clan tried to do right by him, but they just couldn't control that anger. He is usually the winner of any fight events and this has caused the Clan to tread lightly around him when he is near and back up isn't readily available to take him down. In recent history, they gave him the task of body guarding some of the potential Alphas with the clear rule he is not to get into a fight with any of them. Which he obeys...To an extent.

Appearance:

Any other notes: Thinks Amber will be someon of use to him and tries to keep on her good side/charms her

I just have to say...as a person that's completely on the outside of this roleplay, I absolutely loved this sheet. Admittedly, a large part of it is due to those crazy amazing pictures. Like, woo. I need to take a breath they're gettin' me hot and bothered with their sexiness. The face claims go perfectly with the wolves and I just, wow. Amazing amazing job. :D

TWERk twERK tWeRK | +
Fire, fire burning bright,
Turn my darkness into light!
Take away my bad luck and ill,
Now bring me nothing but goodwill.
Bad luck came and stayed too long,
Be gone forever, be gone, be gone!
With this fire burning bright,
Bring me good luck, bring me light!

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:46 pm 

Yet another shoutout to @GreyHelm for this wonderful little tidbit. Ah, gay peepin' Toms.

GreyHelm wrote:
Trent squinted, peering academically at her nipples.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:40 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

Long overdue, I'll admit, but @Tyne has this android called Gil, and while I can't even count how many times we've had fun beating the poor thing up, it's just too hard to resist a giggle at that thing's pure ridiculousness.

Tyne wrote:
Xen couldn't supress a quick eye-roll. What were the odds that the girl had managed to land herself in one of the few places that didn't have a lens honed in on it at all times? The entire dome was basically made of lenses. One palm came up and rubbed his face, and remained there to muffle his words, "You're going to have to go get her."

"Of course, Master." The robot immediately spun on his heel and stepped toward the entrance to the dingy little shop, his long tendrils of hair swishing behind him like an ancient sheaf of wheat.

"Not like that, stargazer," the fence barked, managing to grab Gil's mechanical shoulder just before it got out of reach from behind the counter. The android didn't seem offended by the derogatory slang, and simply offered a pleasant smile and a properly expectant expression down to the dark-haired young man. Xen's mouth quirked as he released the machine's joint. Gil really was to feminine-looking sometimes.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:37 am 

I have to put @Tyne again here, because she is just a master of description.

Tyne wrote:
The tall woman slid across her desk in a way that casually defied physics.

Tyne wrote:
“So, right when you walk in you’ll notice a three-breasted harpy to your left –do not make eye contact, you’ll thank me later- but if you take the right directly after her, you should see a – what?”

Tyne wrote:
“**** you, filth!” the lesser demon hissed, revealing a tongue of disturbing length. It turned to Charlene, grasping for her with one human hand and one demon hoof. “Love me, mortal!”

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 am 

@Metal Zeta just has a way with words, don't they?
Metal Zeta wrote:
Ghost knew. Ghost knew deep in her robotic and nanomachine filled heart one truth.
IF she hadn't already lost her composure so much on the mission already, she would definitely be losing it now, laughing like a maniac. Well, she guess it wouldn't be LIKE one, it would be one.

As does @turtleteapot! Couldn't help but laugh at this:
turtleteapot wrote:
Wasp thought of how thankful she was for not having to die on her own bloody birthday.

Also, this freakin' gem from @Cotton that legitimately unsettled me.
Cotton wrote:
"Please," the man continued, now sitting up and gazing at Georgie through wiry, unkempt hair and beard, "can you spare any money?" He had the voice of a man who had long given up, but still continued because it was simply his way of life.
Georgie stared at the man for a few moments. He had preferred it when he thought the man had been a garbage pile. Perhaps he could scare the man a little, build up his own self confidence. He reached in to a side pouch of his bag, retrieving a foldable knife. He unfolded the blade and held it lovingly, pressing the blade gently under his fingernails to be rid of any dirt that had accumulated there. "You see," he began with a sharp intake of breath, "I really shouldn't talk to strangers. My dad says they're dangerous, y'know?" He took a step forward, admiring his newly cleaned nails. "You never know who a person could be. They could be a kidnapper, a molester, a... murderer."

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:21 pm 

I have to credit @Sojourn for taking me back to my childhood with an exceptional "Momish" display in one of @Shades ' recently started RPs, "Is this how it ends?". It gave me a flashback, so needless to say the dialogue was very convincingly put together.

Sojourn wrote:
She saw Jared laying on the couch with the controller for his Playstation in his hand.

"No way, buster..."

Danielle said, grabbing the wireless controller as she walked past him.

"You don't go to school, you don't get to play games."

Jared pouted a little and replied.

"But I wasn't going to play a game. I was going to watch Youtube."

"Nope, not happening. After I see who is at the window, I'm going find you the most boring show on the Internet to watch."

"That's no fun."

Jared replied, slumping down in the couch. Acting a little younger then his age, which was eleven.

"Tough, missing school isn't supposed to be fun."

Danielle told him, setting the controller on the bookshelf she kept next to the window.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Thanks, @GreyHelm =)

I can play Mom convincingly because I've had that conversation a few times with my own son. lol.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 am 

Yet another one for @GreyHelm, the master of introductions:

GreyHelm wrote:
"Uh… m'name's not Codie," he said, before groaning on the inside. "I mean, I's not a'fish. But-"

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 pm 

@Cotton has left me in a state of awe with one of the best literary depictions of puking I have ever read.

Cotton wrote:

As soon as Vivienne stepped through the hole and onto the pebbly ground, she tilted over and began to heave. Gone was the Honey Nut Cheerios she had had for breakfast, the Hungry Man lunch, the coffee with too much sugar. Even after its contents were expunged, it seemed that her stomach insisted on removing itself, trying to crawl up her throat, leave her body, escape the feeling of tossing, turning, breaking.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:54 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

I should have used 'were' not 'was' /dead inside

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:25 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

My twin @Sojourn

Prepare for fangirling:

I can't believe what we started as a simple "let's do this" roleplay has unfolded into a whole in-game universe, now going to the second spin-off, with people who should have been simple background noise becoming fully fleshed out characters.

I'm too happy for words. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

@Shades, my twin:

I know exactly what you mean. I'm so excited and thrilled how our one story grew into two more. It keeps growing and I love it.

ImageImage