All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:39 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I like the bucket list though for the moment mine is rather short considering iam returning after being gone for a year (and some months).

- To finish a RP
- Try out a military base RP (I wanted to do one forever but didn't want to disgrace myself or any branch of the military with my lack of knowledge.)
- Try a horror/thriller RP (I have tried a few of these in the past but stopped due to the corniness of what was suppose to be horror.)
- I want to take part in a SUPER FRICKEN AWESOME!! RP.
- Put myself out there more for RP (only been back for a week now)

For the moment that is all my list contains but Iam sure I will think of more as the days go. (So glad to finally be back.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:29 pm 

Depressingly Melancholy

Gunther wrote:
I once participated in a Role Play experiment (2008) called AHRP. Each participant took on the role of a different nation around the world. We advanced from where that nation was at a specific date and called it our own. I started as Lebanon and eventually RP'd as France. It was a lot of fun, but did not last long.

Post apocalyptic Role plays with or without zombies remain one of my favorite genres. The Book of Eli is fresh in my memory.

If you host a sci-fi Nation RP, let me know. Are you thinking one planet or multiple worlds? I once hosted the Galactic Political Role Playing Game (GPRP). Each participant created a world within the same galaxy as well as a race to exist on said planet. There was a series of warpgates and wormholes to connect the planets to one another. I set up a system to allow the development of newly created technologies.

Book of Eli is awesome!!!

It was an idea I shared with Efer but after finding out the heavy load of managing the thing I was deterred then someone else here in CF decided to have a go at something similar I had in mind but he/she had to bow out because of life, family, etc.

I would love to get a sci-fi nation RP started if someone could share the load. If you or anyone else here on this thread is interested then drop me a PM. I usually respond in a timely manner. In fact that long term RP I mentioned somewhere else was a nation RP of sorts but it also involved a cast of characters who had major influences in the world we created. It had it all: Love, war, politics, diplomacy, shenanigans and drama.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:11 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I've been on a Magic the Gathering kick, and think that a roleplay with OC Planeswalkers would be awesome to do at some point. Sadly, I don't know enough about Magic lore... Maybe someday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:40 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

One of these days, I will learn to play this game, Magic the Gathering. I will then introduce it to my children.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

I want to do a Disney RP.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:10 pm 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

mhm i can only think of the 1995 magic the gathering PC game .. on win 98.. was one of my first ones XD .. the lore is quite nice, and there is lot of fantasy themed to pick from. dont know the 2015 version though XD

- still want to do a vrmmorpg rp. or a typical classical fantasy rp.

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:41 pm 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Gunther wrote:
One of these days, I will learn to play this game, Magic the Gathering. I will then introduce it to my children.

Slightly off topic, but slightly on.
I bought some magic cards cheap at a con solely for random inspiration (after recommended on a podcast I listen to).

For their character creation, they drew some cards, and used something on each one to work into their character's backstory... something in the picture, the name, something in the flavor text, etc.
I think they also did something like... pass the card to the next person, and this became something that tied their characters together.

I always wanted to try a method like that.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:18 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Due to some rum-induced inspiration the other night, before my rp career comes to an end (if that ever happens), I want to do an rp where Azriel is so shit-faced drunk, he can hardly string two sentences together coherently and probably pass the hell out.

It'll probably only be like a few posts, not even a full page. But I will plot it. And it shall be done.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:46 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

I wanna do something based on or similar to the movie 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'. It's just the kind of silly, li'l screwed up kind of feel I like. I have absolutely NO idea how to do it, but maybe I'll figure it out some day.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:01 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

Don't lose track of it =) I have an entire G. Doc with a list of ideas I keep adding elements to, even if I may never actually put them to use XD

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm 

Teller of Tales and Magical Myths

Oh god this is hard.

Hmmm... Ok...

I want to do at least one truly dark RP in my lifetime. As grim as it can get. I'm not ready for it yet but one day...

I also want to do something weird: absurd plot, an all-poetry RP, etc.

Nothing very ambitious. I've already done a lot of my bucket list items. As I was reading the thread I noticed that my bucket list had a lot of the same things you all had.

Here's what I've ticked off that other people mentioned just for fun:
A steampunk roleplay
kill off my character
Actually finish a RP
Something where the bad guys are the good guys
Collaborate a fight with at least 2 other players
A deity game
Any kind of massive, multiplayer world-building endeavor

My Resume

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 am 

Rose_Enthorne wrote:
an all-poetry RP, etc.

This might be interesting. Everything in iambic pentameter!
Or whatever. It'd be a challenge to write, but could still be cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:14 am 

Dawn ✭ Quixotic wrote:
Rose_Enthorne wrote:
an all-poetry RP, etc.

This might be interesting. Everything in iambic pentameter!
Or whatever. It'd be a challenge to write, but could still be cool.

That sounds like a nightmare actually. Now limericks on the other hand...limericks are fun!

My Resume

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 am 

Rose_Enthorne wrote:
That sounds like a nightmare actually. Now limericks on the other hand...limericks are fun!

[/quote]

lol, I guess that's what I get when I hear "poetry" and think something like Beowulf or a Norse saga.
An RP entirely in limericks... well, it'd be an interesting experiment.

Quote:
A deity game
Any kind of massive, multiplayer world-building endeavor

Heyyyy, these were mine.
Glad to see they appealed to you. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:31 am 

They were fun. Also, was totally joking about the limerick thing...sort of... I was talking for epic poetry. XD

My Resume

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:00 am 

Well, if you ever feel you want to give it a shot, I'll be first in line.
I could always use some more practice with poetic writing.

Someday I really want to play a talking weapon or article of clothing (something like Soul Eater/Kill la Kill).
Probably as a GM'd game for someone, because it wouldn't work otherwise (since ALL you could really do is talk, and the occasional other independent action, but you would be able to do it every post).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:32 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

I just added this to my list now.
A roleplay in which myself and a partner roleplay twins - either identical or simply fraternal.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:22 pm 

Sometime I want to run a game for someone that tries to emulate the style of text-based adventure games.

Stuff like

"You are in a room made of moist dark stone. A single torch is set in a wall sconce. It is empty sake for the heavy scent of mold. There are exists to the east, north, and west. "

And the person would be all " < Get ye flask " and then I'd give a high fave for the Strongbad reference.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:53 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

I love killing people characters, although I've only ever killed off one, because I've never managed to maintain a long-term roleplay. Killing a character off within the first few posts or even pages is nonsensical. You have to get characters and roleplayers attached to them before they get stabbed like a little ****ing, so that many tears can be shed. I'm not evil, I just love when a "hero" dies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:39 pm 

Cotton wrote:
I love killing people characters, although I've only ever killed off one, because I've never managed to maintain a long-term roleplay. Killing a character off within the first few posts or even pages is nonsensical. You have to get characters and roleplayers attached to them before they get stabbed like a little ****ing, so that many tears can be shed. I'm not evil, I just love when a "hero" dies.

Me too. I love it so much. My friends think I'm scary and don't wanna play DnD with me. T_T

JK. We're playing Saturday. They're gonna face a DRAGON. !psychotic

My Resume

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next