All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Your Grand RP Bucketlist
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:19 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Are there some things you've always wanted to roleplay, but haven't had the chance to yet?
Not necessarily because you've had trouble finding partners or the right idea - you just haven't had the opportunity to do this yet.

Some of the things I've wanted to do forever are

• A steampunk roleplay
  • Something inspired by Bioshock
  • Something Metro 2033 related
  • Play a grumpy old father figure character
  • Make a character reference an Internet meme

What are yours?

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:54 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I'm with you on the steampunk thing. I'm dabbling around with elements of it in one of my currently ongoing RPs, but not nearly enough that I'm comfortable labeling the entire setting as it. Recently though, I have been thinking about recycling an old idea of mine, which was a steampunk western with heavy eastern elements. As of now, it's still just an idea, but maybe it could be a future endeavor.

As for other stuff, a kaiju-based RP is something I've wanted to do for a long while. Again, ideas for one are had, but they're not fleshed out nearly enough to actually use. Wouldn't be averse to joining something directly based on a pre-existing kaiju series, but when you've got 60+ years of film already using all sorts of potential elements the genre could utilize, I'm finding it hard to be original enough to satisfy myself.

In more directly-based-on-stuff interests, I'd love to do a Fallout-based RP. The setting is one of my favorites, provided the lore's kept intact. I'm all for bending stuff and filling in blanks, but if the goofy faux-50s-science fiction feel isn't kept intact, it just ain't the same. Likewise, The Elder Scrolls is a setting I adore and would love to do something with, as well as the Dark Souls series. I hesitate to say this last one, given the current fanbase, but the Slender Man Mythos is something I adore and would love to do something in.

I've also got a handful of other things, like spinoffs of one of my settings with an active RP, but doing all this stuff at once would probably actually kill me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:59 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hmm....

-Write a minotaur character
-find a WWII setting that actually works out in the end
-Write a successful horror RP (or story in general)
-Finish more RPs

I honestly don't have a huge list, but I'm sure that will change at some point if/whenever I think of more stuff.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:39 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

The Soldier's perspective.
I will always tell anyone who cares to listen, that I prefer military Role Plays. The problem I've always had with military RPs, is that civilians often focus on the wrong things. Most folks don't get wrapped up over what rifle they are carrying. It is just third appendage. They carry whatever they are told to carry. The thing with military RPs is how the soldiers interact with one another. That is a very colorful exchange. Nothing is sacred and most soldiers in the same unit are very close; bonded as in, Brothers in Arms! The story is about the human interaction as it is with any RP. I would love to get into a Role Play between soldiers in arms who are brothers with different mothers. How they share their misery. Less about the killing and dying and more about the bonding and sharing or lack of sharing. That is where the story is. I honestly don't care which era. I can write with knowledge of the Ancient era, the dark era, Vikings/Barbarians, Midievel, Asian (Chinese, Japanese,Mongolian), War of the Roses, the advent of wheelocks and muskets, the Professionalism of armies (17th/18th centuries), Napoleon, USCW, Franco-Prussian, war with the Indians (Native American), War with Spain, Russo-Japanese War, US-Mexican conflict, The Great War, World War II (PTO or ETO), Korean War, Vietnam Conflict (France or USA), African Brush Wars, Lebanese Civil War, Falklands, USSR-Afghanistan, Grenada, Panama, WWIII (Warsaw v. NATO), Desert Storm/Shield, SEAL/Ranger/SF Operations, OIF, GWOT or any other science fiction operation someone could come up with. I am in!

The Unit's Perspective/War Gaming
War Gaming is at its basic level, a Role Play. Each participant plays the role of a unit commander. I have been a war gamer as long as I have been a role player. What I envision as a role play, is each participant takes on the mantle of a different unit. Everyone is a company commander in the same battalion. They work in concert to fight some battle maneuvering their subordinate units in such a manner they help each other out. A squad RP puts seven to fifteen people together and they work together in an RP. One person, the thread moderator RPs as the squad leader and drives the RP. Everyone reacts to the events of the story. From the unit's perspective, everyone is an equally ranked commander, except the Moderator who is the next higher echelon commander. I've attempted this several times and failed every time. Not simply because the interest wasn't there, but people couldn't write for the many voices involved. It is not just the unit commander. It is also Joe Snuffy and sergeant Bilko where the rubber meets the road.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:46 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Actually, one thing I've yet to do (and I'm not even sure if I really want to do) is to kill off my character. I just... I haven't been able to do that, ever. It feels like stabbing myself. But dammit, it will happen one day. I must overcome this rite of passage.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:48 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

My list would be:

- Actually finish a RP.
- Find a Horror/Suspense RP that works, without OTT gore.
- Fairytale RP.

Not huge at the moment, but all I can think of right now.

Also, Fearless, I know what you mean about killing a character off and feeling like your stabbing yourself. I hate doing it,and seldom do, unless I made the character to die. (like a small side character that I never got attached to!)

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I have no problem killing a character. One time I killed my company commander early in an RP. I inadvertenty/unintentionally killed the RP. The thread moderator assumed I was done. As I stated earlier, there are many voices in a unit. The XO should have taken over. I developed his character in the story and was prepared to continue on with the XO taking over as the CO. The thread mod was too young and inexperienced, he couldn't figure that out. It was sad and I let it die. If he couldn't pick up on how I had been prepping the Lieutenant to take over for the recently deceased Captain, it was better to let the thread die. :/

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:29 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

I actually still have to finish off a roleplay in which my character will inevitably die at the end. I have started it both times, here and elsewhere, and couldn't finish it for several reasons. But I don't care if it's a long illness, murder, suicide, accident, I really need to do it some day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:09 pm 

Huh. To be honest, the thing on top of my bucket list is probably actually finishing a roleplay. They never seem to last long, and the few exceptional long runners always seem to abruptly meet a horrible fate.

I'd love to try a roleplay in ancient Rome with one of my Others or other characters. Even with its huge influence on some of the former, I never actually got to roleplay in that setting.
Speaking of ancient settings, a roleplay set in ancient Egypt or Greece would be highly interesting too, with possibly the same characters I've mentioned above, or new ones. (I've actually tried out a roleplay set in Greece, but it didn't last for more than five posts so it doesn't really count.)

I'd actually love to brutally kill off one of mine main characters in a roleplay, ala Ned Stark. !psychotic Never got the opportunity to pull it off, though...

When I post reasonably intelligent and subtle or not so subtle clues in my posts and character profiles that I can't gloat about due to the roleplay ending too soon :

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 pm 

I have returned

I want to do a hero role play, but a more realistic one. I'm not saying no powers like Kick-Ass, but just a more realistic view on how it happens, kinda like Watchmen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Sounds_of_Silence wrote:
-find a WWII setting that actually works out in the end
-Write a successful horror RP (or story in general)
-Finish more RPs

Same for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:17 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)

In light of recent bad news, something Silent Hill-related is being added to my list.

Damn it.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:28 pm 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Eggs wrote:
In light of recent bad news, something Silent Hill-related is being added to my list.

Damn it.

I like playing ****ing up characters. If you ever start a Silent Hill rp somewhere, I'm joining you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

I have this craving, too, to develop a roleplay based off solely on a close friendship from childhood until the end of the characters' lives, passing through all the possible events. But that would probably take years. lol

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:03 pm 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

I've always wanted to do a coming of age rp but I can't find anyone who would want to do one with me...

A dating sim rp, where a dating sim character or characters come out of the (psp, computer, visual novel, anything that has dating sims) and try to fit into society with the help of a fan.

Has anyone heard lf My Immortal? God, I would love to do a My Immortal roleplay but make it better. Actually give the characters flaws, and maybe it can be a goth vs prep kind of thing, xD

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 am 

Administrator

I've killed off characters. I don't feel bad about it either. On the other hand, I can't say much, there is one character I couldn't bear killing off. Even if I don't do permanent death, it'd hit me too hard.

WildSpawn wrote:
Eggs wrote:

Damn it.

I like playing ****ing up characters. If you ever start a Silent Hill rp somewhere, I'm joining you.

Count me in as well. Silent Hill is one of my biggest inspirations, I'm just not all that great at writing horror.

Just thought of some more stuff. I knew I would:

-A slave/master rp that doesn't involve BDSM, or romance at all. It's not a high priority because I'm not comfortable in doing something like that just yet. But the want, though subtle, is there.
-Something Harry Potter. Some day...
-This is more of a personal one: actually get into DnD
-Write an Air Force pilot character
-Write a true sociopath character

There was one more but I can't think of it now. Hate when that happens... It'll come to me eventually.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 am 

Blog: View Blog (42)

Well, like so many others, I just want to finish a fricking role play. I came close in one role play and then the website I was on shut down.

Other things I want to do:
- An Assassin's Creed RP taking place during World War two.
- Create Anthro character and role play with it.
- Play really screwed up character.
- Role play a Supernatural role play that doesn't stop in the middle or the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:41 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

-

Last edited by WildSpawn on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:49 pm 

Let me see, let me see...

- Have a truly gory and bloody roleplay that stays active for longer than half a page of posts
- Write a horror roleplay with little - no blood and gore
- Something where the bad guys are the good guys
- An accurate historical roleplay
- A crossover historical roleplay
- Faerie Tales turned on their heads, what I mean by this is where the bad guys win and the rest of the kingdom/town/where ever has to "pick up the pieces" from there

View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:09 am 

Administrator

I just got this strange, sudden urge to play a spider character. No, no, not Spider Man. An actual spider creature thing... somehow... some way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next