All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:03 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Had I told anyone I love creating girls with guns? But then again, I'm such a big fan of Bee Train's "Girls With Guns" trilogy (Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja), Gunslinger Girl, Grenadier, Upotte!!, etc. and it shows in my character creation tendencies.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:23 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I tend to write more female characters, then males ones. Most of male characters, though, will have short tempers.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 pm 

As a fan of wrestling, is it any surprise that a lot of my characters routinely employ professional wrestling moves in combat/action threads? Such as suplex variations, powerbomb variations, spinebuster variations, and various submission holds such as sleeper holds, figure four leglock, etc.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:00 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

@Lawman: I'm a wrestling fan too. In fight scenes, I have my characters spearing their opponents and putting people in choke holds.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:06 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

One of my favorite-ER things to do in RP is to come up with awfully clever fighting styles on IRC. Some of the fighting styles that I've used include...

* Magnetism. I swear, this is the most overpowered ability possible for IRC combat. So many people on my regular chat use metal weaponry or energy that can be conducted into the ground via lightningrod. Magnetic aura can interfere with technology easily. And for a coup de grace, one could bring down entire satellites!

* Elemental yarn. (See: Koharu Wakahisa.) This stuff is actually kinda clever. It has plenty of variety when it comes to its uses, they can be mixed and matched for different results, and they can be woven into different shapes for different results.

* The ability to transport oneself through solid matter, like bricks and drywall - finally, a form of teleportation with actual limitations!! I'm surprised I'm the only one who I've met that uses it. It also offers plenty of possible strategies both for the user and their enemies, especially when one is also equipped with the basin-like body of the Kool-Aid Man. Drowning people in Kool-Aid, HOOO~! But real talk. All you need to do is keep him in the air, and he can't do his teleportation thing. You still have to deal with his incredible weight and fists made of glass, sure, but at least he can't punch you in the back of the neck anymore.

* An umbrella. Yeah, you heard me. If you've ever looked into my list of brain babies, you've probably noticed me mentioning how Todd once wielded an umbrella. The umbrella is Todd's most magical weapon, and even then only because it's reinforced with runic magic to allow it to function as an even better shield. It's made almost entirely out of lightweight steel, with a razor-sharp edge and a sword hidden within. It also functions in tandem very well with his wind and lightning skills.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:24 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

As I'm working on character concepts and looking to improve existing characters, I've noticed a fair number of them enjoy nature.

I like nature as well, so I guess it works out somehow.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:38 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

@Sound of Silence That's funny, just earlier today I was thinking about something similar! Like, I have a few traits that I almost universally, we're talking 98% of the time here, incorporate into my characters without even thinking about it.

One, they all despise raisins with a fiery passion. Two, every single one of them (save one only!) loves being at sea and sailing.

It's not something I do consciously. I guess they are just so ingrained in me that I pass them on to my fictional children without realizing.

Sent from t̗͈ͥ͒͒̅̑̿h̺ͣ̑̐̎̑̇͝ẹ͇͊ͤͅ ̗̝͖̠͍͔̺ͣ̓͆͐̕v̶͂̒͗oͭ̀̌̉̿ỉ̉̌̒̓̈͌͠d̛̤̻͖̂͊͗̈͑ using Tapatalk

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Blog: View Blog (2)

In Middle Earth, I tend to write females. Most of them tend to have some similar characteristics with each other.
I have written 3 different male characters over the years, and I used roughly the same profile for them all.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 am 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

For some reason, my characters mostly tend to have scarlet or crimson hair and emerald or forest green eyes.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien