All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 am 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey all! So I gotta know something, everyone has that rp moment that makes them super excited whenever you think about it. That moment that a rp went from a good story to an epic for you. I don't know if a thread like this already exists, so I thought I would bring it up. Feel free to take is down or link me too it if it does exist.

With that said! My moment was on a different site, where I was in a fight with a creature of flame. Using the dice system, we agreed on 5 turns between us. My char was drunk, and as such, was destined to lose. While the fight was not meant to kill eachother, two good writers were facing off. Each post took the dice into consideration. The dice rolls were the only thing that saved me. We both went 4 rounds without either char taking any damage. On the final roll, to shoot an ice bolt through the wall of flame to do literally nothing to this flame guy. Each roll of the dice on his post was a big attack that was avoided by this drunk guy, using his falling momentum to get just out of reach of his attacks. It was awesome. Imagine legend of the drunken master, and it was basically like that, only with magic and flinging spells around. It was so cool.

Please tell me some of your epic rp stories, I want to hear them all!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:10 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

On yet another site, I was involved with a Nation Role Play. Within the NRP there were several smaller threads going on with various actions. One member of the community decided to fight a civil war within his nation and asked other members to take up the role of various units involved in the conflict. I took on the role of an airborne infantry battalion that was being dropped deep into rebel territory. I wrote as the Battalion Commander, as a company commander, as a squad leader or a platoon leader. I took on various roles and mentioned actions from various aspects of this unit all the way from the planning phase, insertion, occupation of strongpoint defenses, actions on contact all the way through extraction. It was tons of fun for me.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 pm 

That sounds awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 pm 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)

The moment I turned 18 and I could finally be in the Cave. *smiles eerily at all the gruesome and sexy adventures that came after that*

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:46 am 

No joke, the best moment I ever had in an RP is when I first started doing it when I was 13 on a different site that no longer exists. It was my first RP I ever created, and it was just a typical vampire/lycan/hunter RP...but man oh man! The story just kept going and there were about 4 people that were utterly committed to it. It lasted way longer than I had expected and gone much further in the plot that I had anticipated.

It was one of those RPs that you checked continuously before you went to bed for new posts, and then woke up extra early before school to check so that you had time to write a response if warranted.

Ahh, the good ol' days. I hope to encounter something like that here. I have yet to have such a great experience with a RP since then.

"My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Hmm... this is a tough one, I've been in so many good rps (as I'm sure most of us can relate).

I'd say my coolest moment was actually finishing a roleplay. It was the only one I've ever finished, all of those cool rps usually came to a halt, which unfortunately happens to us all, and with an amazing partner to boot. Said partner kept me on my toes and just made the whole experience very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:04 am 

slinking back in

3rd Year (1) Mega Poster (1)

God I have so many great moments. But a favorite of mine happens to be in the pirate rp that in short we call the pearl. I was helping steer a friends character and my own. They had snuck up behind the captains and my character stuffed said friend into a barrel. Which said friend dragged my character and then it began to rain. The witty but funny and heart warming moment between characters was always my favorite. Yay I feel all giddy now lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:02 am 

@Mystic I can see where that would be a cool moment. Lol, having joined the site when I was old enough, I didn't have that issue. Though having people not able to rp with you cause they were underage did come up once. So I could understand. Haha

@blurp I love rps like that. They start so small and turn into so much more. My first book idea spawned from something similar to that. It was a great idea, sucks that I can't write anything about it anymore. But definitely a moment worth having!

@sounds rps are so hard to finish for me, cause everyone creating it, it has so much potential to grow from everyone's input. I hope the one I am doing right now will be my first rp completed. Should all go to plan. It will be. With rot, dragon, cj, fell, and dreams, we should be able to! Here's hoping!

@Dragon there is nothing quite like the chars gelling together so well. Man, some of my longest and best friendships came from awesome moments between our chars. To this day, my best friend of 9 years and I still reminise about the first meeting of our chars. Teraida ran into a crowded ball room wearing nothing but a towel covered in water and soap looking for his rubber ducky that was perched on top of his head. They have a kid together now... And I am rambling. Great stuff guys, keep it coming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:49 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

In this one rp I was in, we had these big awesome magical relics from myths. We had Excalibur (The sword of King Arthur), Sword of Mars (The sword of Atilla the Hun), Gungnir (Odin's Spear), Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer), Longinus (Spear that pierced Jesus' side), and a couple others I can't remember. The first rp had a main storyline, and while these items were associated with it, the plot didn't actually center around them until the second one and not again until the fifth and sixth. The main antagonist of the first rp (of six) wielded Longinus as her weapon.

The first rp was based around preventing the revival of a forgotten (and fallen) Archangel. The second rp was basically an arms race between our team and this government agency (Sort of like MIB) to collect these relics. The third rp is when my character had his moment. I played a character by the name of Reese. Reese began the story as a meek teenager from the suburbs, but by the third rp, he was a strong, confident leader. We had all these relics and only a few out of the many players got to wield them. (This was a huge rp)

There were only a couple of items left; Mjolnir and The Sword of Mars. My character ended up getting to wield Mjolnir until the last rp when he and the other relic wielders had to combine the weapons (And our bodies, minds, and souls) in the Soul Forge (Way too long to explain) to obtain the power needed to defeat this evil god that was trying to shroud the world in eternal darkness.

You know, typical villain stuff. But it just felt so awesome to watch my character progress from an unknown to becoming a demigod (and then the God of glory in the epilogue). And him obtaining Mjolnir was really the first step on his journey to that destiny. No rp since then has come close to making me feel those chills.

"Trust my rage."

Helpful Links for Newcomers

Board Rules and Regulations
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
News and Updates
Complete Guide to Creative Freedom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:10 pm 

Medals: 6
Best Couple (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (6)

It has been a good bit of time since my characters have displayed badassery. (Thanks for being a disappointment, Andrew.) There's all kinds of things that can happen in writing that just feel great and awesome. Things that empower your character, whether it be a literal fight or coming to terms with a certain theme. Whether that theme be having to be brutal or that they have a path they must fulfill at all costs. These defining moments are one of my many loves of roleplaying, especially because they can happen in any setting! However, as I said, it has been some time since I've wrote anything like that. Though, I don't fret over it, I have some great plans that will take effect over the coming months.

Whenever I make a character, I typically imagine these amazing moments they'll have. I've made three hunters, and to date, they've had zero of these moments. I've made five demigods? Five sounds right. Only two have had truly defining moments mid writing. However, there was a character I wrote with nothing special in mind that really flared later on in the writing portion of his life. So without further rambling, I shall tell of the moment he had.

The short version was that he was just a guy, in essence. Who later was plagued with dark spirits. They developed two rivaling voices in his head. I ended up writing a huge scene with my writing partner at the time. There were a few fight scenes he had, the coolest one being against a Sylph. But my favorite part, what I considered the coolest, was writing his death scene. It had a few clique moments in it for sure, but it was so great to write! I literally wanted to cry while I was writing it, because I was able to write in so much due to his character. Just thinking about it makes me proud that I was able to impact myself with a creation of my own mind.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 pm 

@Theorist- I'm getting chills just reading about this! I wish I could have been apart of that, it's sounds just pure amazing! Was masamune apart of this?

@Met- wow, that is a really good moment for sure! It reminds me of a time I was brought to tears. My namesake's chars brother died before his eyes, and my char went into his third transformation, got stuck that way, for an entire year rp time. The part that made me cry, was the music I was listening to set the mood, the scene of the death was great. All the pieces fit perfectly. The words came to me, and my char became a catatonic statue of power as he grieved. For the entire year, his city knew true peace, for any time a threat came to the kingdom, my char would kill it before anyone knew it existed. Then return to his hill and continued to grieve in perfect silence. It was the idea of him losing someone that made me cry that much harder. Cool moment indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Coolest RP moment...?

I gotta say, I had no idea it was coming. *clears throat*

So, it was International Talk Like A Pirate Day yesterday, right? (I've been going on about it forever, I really hope I haven't bothered anyone...) In any case, cool people like me, my friends, and several hundred others dress up like pirates and go out and get drunk. Thing is, aside from just dressing like a pirate, you also adopt a pirate persona.

I was Short Scarlett(tiny redhead person, you know it), quartermaster on the Fool's Luck, which essentially has the shittiest pirate crew ever - we get into scrapes and fabulous adventures, and our only achievement is getting out of it alive again. In any case, it really was super, super cool to just swap tales of our nautical misadventures with tons of other, completely random pirates on the fly. It was so great meeting people like that.

Sad that it only happens once a year, but there you go.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Ghaleon_Sericia wrote:
@Theorist- I'm getting chills just reading about this! I wish I could have been apart of that, it's sounds just pure amazing! Was masamune apart of this?

I can't really remember, its been a few years. But this guy was big on Japanese stuff, so i'd say it was probably in there. I'm going to take a moment and sleuth around and see if I can find my list. Cuz I kept a list. xD

Okay, I did some looking around the old part of my computer, and I found it. xD I'll also include the type of weapon because some of them aren't well known.

o Longinus (Spear)
o Sword of Mars (Sword)
o Olyndicus (Spear)
o Masamune (Sword)
o Gungnir (Spear)
o Mjolnir (Hammer)
o Excalibur (Sword)
o Xiuhcoatl (Bow)
o Odysseus (Bow)

I suppose I could run it again if I ask him and he gives me the okay. Maybe he'll come and run it himself. ^^

"Trust my rage."

Helpful Links for Newcomers

Board Rules and Regulations
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
News and Updates
Complete Guide to Creative Freedom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 pm 

ok ok ok

So i do another RP site ( it was the first i had eve done, and the character i made, which is the one im talking about in this moment, was the first i ever made period.)

On this site, everyone takes there characters very seriously, there are different armies and what not, so you can die at any time really ( its all based off the Anime Bleach , { i know i know im a nerd lol } )
Well this one time, i had gone to an enemy Citadel to peacefully discuss a serious issue to me. I had heard rumors that one of this armies leaders was going to attempt and assassinate one of my favorite subordinates. I walk in and the man i was meeting had tea waiting for me on a conference table. Everything seemed to eerie so ( irl ) i call my friend and tell him i may need back up, sure enough,... i hear a voice from the hall way ( ic ) And it belonged to Max, my nemesis on that site, like.. our characters had feuded on their for a long time
He walks in, barriers fly up around all the exits and im like "oh man!" lol, i call my friend OOC and im like "they are double teaming and ambushing me im going to die!!" And he is all mad and worried trying to find ways to get in, like everyone on that site is INTO the RP lol its taken crazy serious, life or death type feelings XD

So it was just this crazy adrenaline rush i got when i realized id be fighting them both, ( one just below my strength level, the pother maybe even stronger) by myself. And let me tell you, the writing from everyone was superb :) im proud of everything that went down in that room and my character is still alive to this day

( for now... hes getting pretty old... )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 am 

One experience comes to mind, one was with my friends role-playing via just narration in person. Which we do a-lot of.

It was a setting I was DMing, it was a horror setting, and the bad thing, was this... monster of a man who had chains weaved through his own skin. Kinda basic invulnerable, super-soldier program gone wrong type guy. And the party just had this pure panic about them as they were just being chased, the recurring monster coming through wall after wall after wall, like the juggernaut on meth as he hunted them all.

And just as they thought they were safe, this chain came through a wall, and penetrated a party member through their midsection, then was drawn back so fast and hard it acted like a chainsaw. It was a fantastic "Holy crap!" Moment. But it was made one of my favorites from the overall atmosphere of the role-play. Everyone was really invested in their characters, so the panic and desperation was actually there and palpable in the room. Was really good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:29 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I want to say "every Star Wars role play I've ever played", because for some reason I run into the best people and best storytellers in that genre. But when I think about it, there's one moment that really stands out among others.

I used to be on this site called Neverending Darkness. I was literally obsessed with that site and the RP, which was basically like modern day werewolves and vampires in Venice. My character was initially a human girl who was turned into a vampire and then married the said vampire. I almost never get involved in site-wide events or try to talk to everyone on a site, but that was a different case. The wedding was a site-wide event, people were planning it OOC in the chatbox and sending me pictures of wedding rings and dresses... Haha! I almost know how to plan a wedding now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 pm 

Other than every roleplay ever with Sweet Calamity, Summerian and Icaro <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Cos all out characters together just have great synergy, and Sweet is amazing ;3

OMG, I just got reminded of an event in a star-wars RP, it was during this tournament where we were a bunch of sith trainees fighting each other to show off to the higher-ups, after a long, grueling path through a couple of other writers, myself and this other guy ended up in the semi's. With every opponent before, I had asked them if they wanted to just fight, or if they wanted to make them cinematic and cool. They all just kinda wanted to win, so, yeah we fought, but with this guy, we both wanted to just make the fight an amazing read. Without any intention of winning the two of us fought expressly to show off skill and prowess and be cinematic and amazing. It was over the top, climactic and fantastic.

As the fight came to the end, I asked him ooc, if he wanted to just, at the end of the fight, we each just do 'one attack' and based solely on the merits of lour last posts, we would ask a mod to judge who wins. I lost, cos the mod said over the course of the battle i took more damage and was more tired, so, it kinda defeated the point, but, I didn't care. It was probably one of the best, if not the best combat experience I've ever had. If we could have animated it, or made it a movie, it would have been amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 pm 

Well plenty of rps that I have been in have taken a turn for the awesome (mostly thanks to my wonderful companions - Icaro Baobahn and Sweet Calamity) so this is a bit tricky. But there are two that I do remember quite fondly.

One was a Shadow Hearts fan based RP in which one of the main party members had been tasked by Merlin to watch over the sleeping forms of King Arthur and his knights. However the particular party member being a wizard himself got bored and started experimenting with malice energy (If you are unfamiliar with Shadow Hearts think chaos from warhammer but even more vindictive) until his research went wrong and ended up transforming the once and future king and his warriors into a bunch of rampaging monsters.

The main character played by Baobhan had to find the sword Clarent which he then used to track down and subdue each of the knights save two before clashing with Arthur himself flanked by Percival and Tristan who had taken the shape of an immense dragon (And two smaller beasts for his companions) with a scaled up version of Excalibur to match.

Suffice to say the fight was long epic and ended with Excalibur and Clarent dividing the heavens to meet each other in a final clash.

The other was an action comedy mystery hybrid run by Icaro that contained : A contract with The Devil , much body snatching , An immortal chain gun wielding butler , a nuclear device being fired upon Chicago , secret psychic cabals , and a 500 foot tall robot named Mr Fuzz.

It was one of our first forays into Role Playing almost a decade ago and in many ways a love letter to the sheer absurdity of late 90s and early 2000s anime. Every so often I think back on it and smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:04 am 
Savior

Funniest Member (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (2)

In and Rp that actually finished and was all-round awesome, an epic moment happened. The original idea was a Dude, Where's My Car sort of story, where a bunch of medieval ragtags chase a completely ordinary missing horse for the entire story, and gets into crazier and crazier stuff as they go.
The end of the Rp was an epic moment for me, with the final confrontation piling all of the various enemies we had made into one giant battle royale where everyone fought everyone else and we had to utilize everything we had to stay alive or play them against each other in the giant brawl. In short:
- The ordinary castle guards were trying to stop the chaos and kill everyone else.
- A vague, yet menacing, cult from inside the castle was trying to kill everyone else, especially our team leader.
- A half-demon bounty hunter was trying to kill our leader and everyone else who came between her and the target. My character's love interest (another PC) got into a hopeless sword-fight with her and held her own.
- A giant, evil walking squid was hunting our pirate PC and my character through the castle, slaughtering absolutely everything that came near it, including, but not limited to, all the rampaging prisoners that my character had broken out of jail shortly before.
- Our team pet elephant panicking and killing everyone close to it.
In the end my character, with no weapons, no plan and no skills, managed to take down the super-powered squid with a bottle of narcotics, and shortly after the half-demon bounty-hunter with a blue hat... while both his legs, right arm and most ribs were broken. It was incredibly satisfying!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:46 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

It's not a specific role play moment, but I'm sure some of you know it. It's the incredibly satisfying feeling you get when you find someone you really enjoy writing with, because they always bring something new to the table, really enjoy working with you, and you're just so excited about this idea and that idea and oh this other thing we're doing, too.

Finding that perfect partner is just so awesome.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥