All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: RP pet Peeves
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 am 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

People who seem to know enough about your 1x1 interest check that you assume they've read it, then suddenly they do something stupid that was against the specifications you mentioned. Dude, I said I didn't want sexual roleplay of any kind, so why the flying hell did you put it in the mature forum? It's interested how many people in the roleplaying community don't actually seem to want to read.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:45 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

People who go around joining roleplays like they're going out of style but never actually bother to post on them. Note: That's not directed at anyone in particular, or even something that is happening here at the moment, just a general observation over the years.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:17 pm 

Depressingly Melancholy

Shades wrote:
People who go around joining roleplays like they're going out of style but never actually bother to post on them. Note: That's not directed at anyone in particular, or even something that is happening here at the moment, just a general observation over the years.

Or post once in a roleplay then fall off the face of the earth without any consent.

I can hear what you're thinking, all your doubts and fears. And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find the reason I'm here. And in time all things shall pass away in time, you may come back someday. You know your days are numbered. Count them one by one. Like notches in the handle of an outlaw's gun. You can outrun the devil if you try, but you'll never outrun the hands of time. In time, there'll surely come a day in time, all things shall pass away. In time, you may come back, some say. To live once more or die once more, but in time, your time will be no more.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:57 pm 

Sort of back.

Characters who have all kinds of skills ever known to man (skills they didn't have when they were created, but all of a sudden they simply know how to do that because of reasons). I confess I often hold them to extremely harsh standards when I see them in a roleplay I'm the GM on - if I don't kick them out on sight.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:26 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

It annoys me when a character's personality does not stay consistent post to post. Like one post the character is super social and then the next they are a brooding loner. Or in post the character is like a one man army and the next, they are a clumsy fool that needs saved.

(Not directed at anyone here, just something that's annoyed me on and off over the years.)

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:01 pm 

Sort of back.

Sojourn wrote:
It annoys me when a character's personality does not stay consistent post to post. Like one post the character is super social and then the next they are a brooding loner. Or in post the character is like a one man army and the next, they are a clumsy fool that needs saved.

(Not directed at anyone here, just something that's annoyed me on and off over the years.)

I see your peeve and I raise it, twin. lol
When the character changes personality and actions based on things the character could not know at all. Basically, blatant metagaming and a very quick way of killing my interest in the roleplay.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:04 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Shades wrote:
Sojourn wrote:

I see your peeve and I raise it, twin. lol
When the character changes personality and actions based on things the character could not know at all. Basically, blatant metagaming and a very quick way of killing my interest in the roleplay.

Completely agree.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:21 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

You know what I'm really beginning to dislike? When someone replies to a plotter or an idea that you have up and they give you literally nothing to further the plotting. It's maybe a couple of sentences about the character they want to throw at you that you could easily see in the sheet itself, and you're left to do all of the work in creating something cohesive to suit the pair of you with no help.

I love creating ideas, I do. But if I wanted to make every decision by myself, I'd just go back to writing by myself. Roleplaying is collaborative for a reason.

Bonus points if they get mad at you for not doing enough with their non-existent idea.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:58 pm 

If you're looking for me...I'm not here

When someone's OC is a legitimate character they took from a game, movie, anime, etc., and may have added mods

When people combat roleplay and narrate how you react, without giving you a chance

When people say you god mod, because you're sitting in a barrier doing nothing, even though they keep attacking not letting you say anything

Spam

Encouraging of dialogue when I made it clear that I'm awkward with dialogue (not just in roleplay)

(Honestly non-filler and cannon to be honest, but then again it's agreed to)

(fyi, I don't god mod necessarily, and I'm not into complete domination, it's just hard for me to think weaker than usual, I got into this habit because of me trying to counter overpowered RP'rs(I do actually focus on story, it took me 15 minutes, for the briefest explanation I could do, just with the logic, the backstory, which I'm always working on, would be much longer))

"Why should we define someone as being good or evil, the sides change depending on where you stand, neutrality is the only path that remains the same." -Me

"The pessimist looks down and loses his head,
The optimist looks up and loses his footing,
The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly" -King Ezekial, The Walking Dead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:33 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Self-peeve: Being that person you swore you'd never be, disappearing for weeks on end with very little warning to your partners because life just got busy. I don't blame myself, **** happens - but I still feel super, super bad about it, especially because I really enjoy writing with the people that I do! @Amara. @Quo, @Naive and @Ben, forgive me please </3

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:40 am 

Sort of back.

People who refer to their character as them and your character as you.

Not people who roleplay in first person (even though I don't), people who, for instance, ask "why did YOU do that do ME?" when your character does something to theirs.

It makes me cringe so much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:58 pm 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

Blog: View Blog (6)

Quite a few things have happened to get on my nerves since I last posted here.

The first, is someone agreeing to write a character for you but then completely ignores everything you post for the character you wanted theirs to respond to. They expect you to play a character(s) for them, but everything you want to do which doesn't have a potential ship for their character they ignore, stop replying to, take ages to reply to (but you know they're active on their other accounts.) You feel like they don't really want you there, and it's made worse when you and that person are the only people on the site in that fandom. It can make you really lonely and frustrated.

Someone invites you to a group rp - you accept, but you have reservations. Then, afterwards, they blank you and don't include you in anything. A person in the group who doesn't want you to be there (but not the organizer) says mean things which are directed at you but they do it in a subtle way and because more people seem to like that person than you, it's you who is the bully. You then remove yourself from the group so that it's not spoiled for the nicer people. This kind of behaviour is what has put me off from participating in group rps. (And to my knowledge too, it was all kind of random - I don't recall ever doing anything to the person who was mean.)

Finally, when you join a forum, the admin appears to be interested in your fandom but really isn't because they don't respond to your messages for days and when you mention it, they just say they're too busy. I got the feeling that they only wanted me to use their forum and nothing more, but it's not a loss to me (a frustration, yes) because I didn't feel that comfortable there.

@SoundofSilence - I only know too well how mean groups and cliques can be when it comes to keeping certain people out of rps and communities. Coming from the 'Wild West' of twitter, I've had it done to me so many times and seen it happen to so many other people, I've lost count. And I only stay on twitter because it's the only place I've found that has an active Tolkien rp fandom.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:52 pm 

Let's see over the following things have gotten to me over the years:

-People who bug you to post. Sorry, some of us have a real life.
-In group RPs where people don't wait for you reply and move a story super far along while you were in work. And then get annoyed you need a summary to know what you missed.
-You write a Alpha like post and someone writes a one-liner in return.
-Mary Sue characters.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:55 pm 

Sort of back.

Optimus Prime wrote:

This into eternity.
Sometimes I feel like messaging them with "sorry I have a job, start paying my bills and I'll post for you day and night". >.<

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm 

Shades wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

This into eternity.
Sometimes I feel like messaging them with "sorry I have a job, start paying my bills and I'll post for you day and night". >.<

I hear you there. Pay my bills, buy me some things on eBay, and I'll write you lots of posts. XD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 am 

If you're looking for me...I'm not here

Shades wrote:
Characters who have all kinds of skills ever known to man (skills they didn't have when they were created, but all of a sudden they simply know how to do that because of reasons). I confess I often hold them to extremely harsh standards when I see them in a roleplay I'm the GM on - if I don't kick them out on sight.

I don't do this, I always have my things for the character, but I always forget what to put on my character's bio XD. I've been mistaken for doing this multiple times, I was mistaken for godmodding once but that's because the person I was battling was a noob, and the second I put up a defensive maneuver he kept spamming attacks at me, without letting me say anything.

Also I've seen people do this, usually it's the cringiest thing I will ever see.

"Why should we define someone as being good or evil, the sides change depending on where you stand, neutrality is the only path that remains the same." -Me

"The pessimist looks down and loses his head,
The optimist looks up and loses his footing,
The realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly" -King Ezekial, The Walking Dead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 pm 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

Blog: View Blog (6)

Optimus Prime wrote:
-In group RPs where people don't wait for you reply and move a story super far along while you were in work. And then get annoyed you need a summary to know what you missed.

I've had this happen to me quite a number of times on twitter. Once, my character got into trouble with an orc, my character's rescuer intervened and they proceeded to do the sl while I was asleep, so in the morning, there was nothing for me to do. (And it felt like my character was godmodded. If I wasn't friends with one of the writers, I would have been really peeved.)

I've also had it where one person can't wait to get their reply out when you're responding to what people have written before, so their reply comes while you're typing out your reply. Slow down folks!

But the worst I think is when people deliberately respond to each other just to spam while you're away/asleep, whatever, and when you come back, there's about a 100 tweets to go through and NONE of it is directed at your character. This is after you've told them that you're not going to be online, too, and asked them not to tweet you. Your character really doesn't need to be there, to be honest.

I'm not sure how bad this is in forums as I've never been in that situation, but folks should slow down and give you a chance to reply. It's bad on twitter to do that too, because you lose other story-lines you have with other people in the mess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 am 

Sort of back.

People who keep taking up and dropping several roleplays with you and then get butthurt when you don't want to roleplay with them anymore.
Uh, sorry, dude, but if you come to me with an idea every time you're bored and then ignore me whenever someone else wants to play with you, why, oh, why, would you think I'd stick around for that? Na, brah, go play with your little friends and find something else to do when they don't have time for you.

Disclaimer: this is not about anyone on CF, it's a vent about a 'friend' I used to do e-mail rp with.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Self peeve: I tell myself 'this is going to be the day I write things!', but then the week seems to go by faster than I realize ._.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:46 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

when you have ideas that would be fun to write but can't quite figure out how to shake up the details enough to make for a good rp without potentially sacrificing the integral aspects of the plot and/or setting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next