Post subject: Letters to Kuro
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

January 8

Dear Kuro,

It's been a while since I've seen you, so I thought I'd write you. I know you must be busy, but I hope you're doing well. In case you're wondering, I'm doing alright. Busy, and I wish I could see you, but otherwise I'm okay.

I wanted to thank you for that night. Honestly, you surprised me a lot that night. I didn't expect you to be back in time to go with me, let alone rush back just to take me. That... Well, it made me really happy. Everything that happened was a surprise, but I really enjoyed it. I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself that much. I know that I certainly haven't been that happy in a long time, or ever, really. So thank you!

I don't know what exactly you're going through right now, but I get the feeling that you're struggling. I don't know why... But I feel like you're hurting and it's because of me. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm not causing you pain. That's the last thing I want. Whatever is going on, I hope you know that I'm here, if you ever need me. If you ever need to talk.

Well, I'm heading off on a mission soon, so I have to get ready. I just wanted you to know that I'm still thinking of you and that I won't give up.

Best wishes,

Hikari.

P.S. Shizune taught me to make some food pills, but I thought they were rather tasteless, so I tweaked them up a bit and gave them some flavor, and a bit of a boost. I've included some in the package I sent. Could you give them a try and let me know what you think, when you get a chance? Thanks!

Last edited by Amara on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Letters to Kuro
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 pm 

January 20

Dear Kuro,

It's been several weeks since I've seen you. How've you been? Busy, I'm sure. I've been busy, too. Lady Tsunade can be a real slave driver sometimes. I've barely been home in two weeks. It's mission after mission, and if it's not a mission it's training.

She's been training me in medical ninjutsu, so whenever I get back from a mission she keeps me busy with training, so I haven't had time to write. Honestly, I haven't had much time to sleep. It's a good thing I can function on little sleep.

Otherwise I'm doing okay, but I miss you. I think Kakashi can tell. He keeps asking me how I'm doing, more than usual. He seems concerned. He even asked me if I wanted to go out and do something fun. I was too busy, of course, and I knew he was, too, but I guess it was nice of him to offer.

Anyways! I've got to get back to work. Take care. I hope to see you soon.

All the best,

Hikari.

P.S. I included some food that I made for you. I packaged it so that you can take it with you on your next mission, if you don't have time to eat it at home. I hope you like it.

Last edited by Amara on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 pm 

February 4

Dear Kuro,

How've you been? It's been over a month since I last saw you, although, I guess you know that. I hope all is well. Tsunade said you seemed okay last time she saw you, so I guess that's good.

I don't really know if you're just too busy to see me or if you're avoiding me. Maybe both. I guess there's really no way for me to know until I see you again, is there? I suspect it's probably the latter, and I think I understand, at least a little. At the very least, I think I know at least part of the reason why. I saw it in your eyes that night. Honestly, it scared me a little bit. It made me worry. I was afraid that I wouldn't see you again. I still am, really. More so with each passing day. It hurts to think that way. I don't know why it hurts as much as it does, but then again, maybe I do.

Anyways. I hope you don't think that I'm going to give up that easily. I won't. I'll never give up, and I'll never let go. That's not who I am. I'll keep waiting, until you're ready. After all, you told me that you'd be there... That you'd provide me with surprises and a puzzle that would last. I intend to hold you to that.

Take care of yourself. Whenever you're ready, I'll be here.

With love,

Hikari

P.S. I left food in the past two packages but this time I decided to give you something that wouldn't spoil, since I'm not certain that you'll get the packages before the food spoils.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:43 pm 

March 3

Dear Kuro,

It's been about two months since I've seen you. Are doing okay?

Every time they open the door, your mother and Ryuu both have similar looks on their faces. I don't think they realize that I see it, no matter how hard they try to hide it. Pity. They feel sorry for me. They probably think I'm a fool. I don't care, of course. They can think what they want. I won't give up, no matter what they think.

I don't know if you're still reading these letters, all things considered, but I hope you are. I hope that you read them and remember that you're not alone anymore. Whatever you're going through, whatever is on your mind, you don't have to bear it alone. I want to be there for you.

I don't know what's going on, but I want to. I want you to know that you can share it with me. That you can trust me. Whatever it is, it won't change how I feel about you. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. No matter what happens. You can push me away, ignore me, run away from this... Us... But it won't change how I feel, and I won't give up. No matter what. I won't let you give up, either. I won't let you forget that I care. That you're not alone. I won't push you. I don't want to suffocate you. But I won't give up.

I hope that where ever you are, whatever you're doing, you are well. I hope you will come see me soon.

Love,

Hikari

Last edited by Amara on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:49 pm 

March 26

Dear Kuro,

For once, I don't really know what to say. I've been staring at this paper for what seems like forever, trying to think of what to write. Trying to understand what I heard. To understand why. Needless to say, I came up empty on all points. It's hard to put these thoughts, these feelings, into words. But I'll try.

It hurts. When I heard you say those words... I can't describe to you how that felt. How much it hurt. It felt like I was stabbed in the chest. Like you stole my way to breathe. Even that doesn't really do justice to how it really felt.

I'm afraid. I don't want to admit that, but I am. When I think about losing you, about never seeing you again... It terrifies me. I don't want to lose anyone else, least of all you.

I don't understand why you said that to her, or why you want to leave. I don't understand why you won't talk to me, or why you want to leave me behind. I have so many things I want to ask you. So many questions. Why won't you talk to me? Will I see you again?

I won't ask you to change your plans. I won't ask you to take me with you. I won't even ask you to stay. All I ask is that you talk to me, even if you can't tell me why, even if you can't give me the answers I want. I just want to see you. Please. Don't leave without saying goodbye. I know it might make it harder. I know it might hurt more for both of us in the end, but I don't care. I need to see you, even if it's just one more time. Please.

Yours,

Hikari

P.S. I have something I want to give you, if you'll let me see you again. If not... If seeing me makes it too hard for you, please just leave me a simple note and I'll leave it somewhere safe, where you can find it.

P.P.S. I still haven't given up on you. I never will. Even if you leave. Even if you take everything away. I still won't give up. I still won't let you go. I will still be here, until the stars go out.

Last edited by Amara on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 pm 

For Later | +
May 4

My dearest Kuro,

If you're reading this letter, it means that when we last met, I believed that it would be the last time I saw you, at least for a long time. I don't know what your plans are, nor do I know why you've made the choices you've made. I don't understand why you chose to leave me behind, or why any of this happened. But I understand that you are seeking answers. I hope you find the answers you need, and I hope that you find yourself along the way. When it's all over, when you've found everything you're looking for, I hope that you'll still remember me, and maybe, just maybe, I can see you again, see the man you become.

There may be a lot of things I don't know, but here is what I do know. No matter what happens, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, no matter how far you fall or how deep and encompassing your darkness may seem, I will never give up. I will never let go. I will never stop caring for you. I will be here, waiting, forever if I have to. No matter what anyone else says or what they think, I will always believe in you. I'm not very good at giving up and letting go, especially when it comes to the people I love. And you, Kuro, mean more to me than anyone ever has. So no matter what, I won't let go. I will choose to believe in you and I hope that you will believe in me.

So, I will make you a promise. I will wait for you. No matter how long it takes. Even if that means forever, I will wait. As long as there are stars in the sky lighting up the night, I will be here. No. Even if the day comes when the stars all fall away, the moon fades, the sun dies, and nothing remains in this world but darkness, I will still be here. A small light in that darkness. A single star waiting to guide you home.

I gave you a gift along with this letter. I had it made for you. It is something to remind you of me, and my promise. To remind you that you're never alone. I hope that you keep it with you where ever you go, so you never forget.

I wish you all the best in your journey. I wish I could help you, but I know that it's something you feel you have to do on your own. I hope that you find what you are looking for, that you find some happiness in this world full of so much pain, even if it's not with me. I hope that you always remember that you are not alone in this world. Someone is always thinking of you, where ever you go. No matter what happens, you will always have a place to come back to. You will always have a home.

All my love,

Hikari.

Gift | +

The infinity symbol has the word "Always" engraved in the upper left portion and the word "Forever" in lower right portion. The snowflake and star (?) are infused with from Hikari's chakra, so when it gets dark they have a slow blue glow.